PDA

View Full Version : Signature Rules & Review Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Guy
November 17th, 2010, 06:08 AM
[css-span="color: rgb(55, 96, 146); font-weight: bold;"]Signatures[/css-span]
To make sure that signatures do not distract viewers and posters alike, should you decide to use a signature please keep the following rules in mind. If after reading these rules, you have any questions about whether your signature follows our rules, you may do so here.

If your signature breaches any of the following rules, it will be disabled and a notice will be appended in your signature space. If you continue to break signature rules, you will receive a 1 point infraction (14 day expiry).

Images in signatures can have an accumulated limit of 500 pixels in width and 300 pixels in height (500 × 300).
The total amount of images you have in your signature cannot exceed that limit. The use of CSS in signatures cannot be used to bypass the latter limit either. A staff member has the right to disable your signature if they feel you are using CSS to bypass the 500 × 300 limit.

Text size can be no larger than 5.
Your signature cannot contain text in a higher size than 5 - or in CSS, 18pt (24px).

There are filesize limitations for images.
Your signature images may not exceed 1 megabyte in file size. Large file sizes for images are most commonly seen in large, moving .gif images. To check the size of your images on Windows, save them to a folder, right click, and under the properties tab you will find how large your image in size.

Spoiler tags are not permitted in signatures.

YouTube videos may not be embedded in signatures.
Embedded videos may not be added to your signature. A link, however, to a video you would like to share is permitted so long as it is within the text limits.

As before, please refrain from posting any "Thank you!" messages towards any of the staff who tells you your signature is within the limits. The only posts you should make in this thread should be to ask if your signature is allowed / what you plan to add to your signature is allowed; nothing else. Last, but not least, please leave the confirming signatures and questions to members of the staff (i.e. regular members do not reply to users asking about their signatures).

Platinum Lucario
November 17th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Oh... so those are the new rules for signatures, eh? Ok.... well is it alright if someone could check my signature to see if the CSS is over the limit? 'Cause I'm worried that the CSS might make it go over the limit.
Thanks!

~Davin

Alinthea
November 17th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Checking that mine is ok?

Patchisou Yutohru
November 17th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Oh... so those are the new rules for signatures, eh? Ok.... well is it alright if someone could check my signature to see if the CSS is over the limit? 'Cause I'm worried that the CSS might make it go over the limit.
Thanks!

~Davin
CSS is fine. Spoiler tag needs to be removed, however.

Checking that mine is ok?
Afraid not. Your text in your signature exceeds the 600 width cap (500 for image, 100 for text).

Peeky Chew
November 17th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Awww... this means I can't use my massive 3 MB sigs anymore. Oh well, I guess it's better this way.
Can we still use the hovering over text to get more text thing?

MEGAS
November 17th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Is my type of signature okay with the new rules?
Megas's B/W Wifi battles bla bla bla with added text of my FC and stuff.

Gumball Watterson
November 17th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I don't quite understand the CSS bypass part? Does that apply to CSS using bg with a picture or CSS as a whole?

Anyways, I would like my signature checked for the new standards.

Melody
November 17th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Yeah, I'm a bit confused. Can you use additional images if you use a CSS background image property that's 500x300, and all of your additional images fit well inside of that element?

Checking mine against new rules though I suspect it fits them too.

Patchisou Yutohru
November 17th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Awww... this means I can't use my massive 3 MB sigs anymore. Oh well, I guess it's better this way.
Can we still use the hovering over text to get more text thing?
So long as it doesn't bypass the limit, which it wouldn't.

Is my type of signature okay with the new rules?
Megas's B/W Wifi battles bla bla bla with added text of my FC and stuff.
Yes.

AdvancedK47 and Pachy, Hiiro is replying to you.

Guy
November 17th, 2010, 06:37 AM
I don't quite understand the CSS bypass part? Does that apply to CSS using bg with a picture or CSS as a whole?

Anyways, I would like my signature checked for the new standards.
For instance, your signature would be exceeding the limits. When you're using CSS with images, they cannot be used to bypass the 500 x 300 limit like they'be been done in the past. This would also apply to scrollboxes.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused. Can you use additional images if you use a CSS background image property that's 500x300, and all of your additional images fit well inside of that element?

Checking mine against new rules though I suspect it fits them too.
If the image is within the image, then that's fine as far as I'm picturing it. But side by side, or on top of each other, they cannot bypass the image size limit.

Your signature fits by the way. Except, your music box-thing is like 4 pixels above the height limit. XD;

edit: Details about text within signatures have been recently altered by the way.

Melody
November 17th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Umm...I need clarification. How is it possible that my music box is 4px too tall when there are no regulations about that tag specifically and my background image is 400x300px?

The entire signature fits within a 500x300 space, is that not acceptable?

tkallab
November 17th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Is mine okay? Doesn't the border make it slightly too tall? I know the image itself is 400x300 pixels, but I haven't checked if the border makes it any bigger.

Patchisou Yutohru
November 17th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Umm...I need clarification. How is it possible that my music box is 4px too tall when there are no regulations about that tag specifically and my background image is 400x300px?

The entire signature fits within a 500x300 space, is that not acceptable?
Your signature's fine. Music and all.

Is mine okay? Doesn't the border make it slightly too tall? I know the image itself is 400x300 pixels, but I haven't checked if the border makes it any bigger.
It's fine.

TheAppleFreak
November 17th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Is mine okay? I took a lot of time designing this sig and I don't want to find out it's unacceptable.

Also, I plan on joining a few challenges in the future; how much space will I have for signature bars?

Team Fail
November 17th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Would mine be ok? And, if I were to use a overflow:auto CSS property when I CSS my sig, would that be allowed? Just wanted to be clear- as I got an infraction for having my signatures closed too many times.

jdthebud
November 17th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Why are you getting rid of the spoiler tags? It was a great way to reduce the post sizes.

Can you see if my signature is okay (disregarding the spoiler tags, of course)?

txteclipse
November 17th, 2010, 07:26 AM
For some reason I have a 100 kilobyte image size restriction when it comes to my signature.

EDIT: And now that I've checked, it seems this limit is exclusive to me. What's going on?

Guy
November 17th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Is mine okay? I took a lot of time designing this sig and I don't want to find out it's unacceptable.

Also, I plan on joining a few challenges in the future; how much space will I have for signature bars?
Currently, your signature is okay. Your size is 498 x 241, so you only have 2 pixels left for image size in length and 59 pixels left for width. So, I'd say you don't have too much room for signature bars right now. :\

Would mine be ok? And, if I were to use a overflow:auto CSS property when I CSS my sig, would that be allowed? Just wanted to be clear- as I got an infraction for having my signatures closed too many times.
Your signature is also fine. So long as you don't use CSS to bypass the 500x300 pixel limit, then you're fine.

Why are you getting rid of the spoiler tags? It was a great way to reduce the post sizes.

Can you see if my signature is okay (disregarding the spoiler tags, of course)?
Spoilers were removed because they got annoying to some and made it hard to check if a signature was within the limits or not. Even if it was in a spoiler tag, that did not exclude it from the limits. Right now, yours is actually 202 pixels too high.

alphabetsoup102062
November 17th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Hi, can you check if mine is too big?
Thanks

Yuukihime
November 17th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Is mine okay? ._.; I just noticed PC had new signiture rules this morning. So I need to make sure. XD

Forever
November 17th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Hi, can you check if mine is too big?
Thanks

Is mine okay? ._.; I just noticed PC had new signiture rules this morning. So I need to make sure. XD

Both signatures are within the limits.~

Sammuthegreat
November 17th, 2010, 07:49 AM
How is mine? Not really sure how to check the number of pixels etc...

Zet
November 17th, 2010, 07:54 AM
I guess I should check if my signature is still good to use.

Ryanna Jameson
November 17th, 2010, 07:58 AM
So, wait... I can't do this kind of thing anymore?:
Making it so it fits to screen kind of thing, I mean?

Forever
November 17th, 2010, 08:00 AM
How is mine? Not really sure how to check the number of pixels etc...

Waaay too wide in text (over 1000px). Press enter after "Challenge" in the blue text and make the green text one size smaller and you should be fine.

I guess I should check if my signature is still good to use.

It's all good.

So, wait... I can't do this kind of thing anymore?:
Making it so it fits to screen kind of thing, I mean?

Nope. :x

jdthebud
November 17th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Spoilers were removed because they got annoying to some and made it hard to check if a signature was within the limits or not. Even if it was in a spoiler tag, that did not exclude it from the limits. Right now, yours is actually 202 pixels too high.

we count the images separately, right? because I am not getting 502 pixels of height here.

How exactly are the pixels counted?

Forever
November 17th, 2010, 08:10 AM
we count the images separately, right? because I am not getting 502 pixels of height here.

How exactly are the pixels counted?

Right click the image, click properties, or view image info, whatever gives you the size in your browser. Just get all their measurements, then add them together and that's the total image pixels. Your signature issue is the text+images, though. Just press prtscn, or any other screenshot program and paste it into an image editing program. Just select the area of your signature and check your total size from there.
/complicated

mervyn797
November 17th, 2010, 08:11 AM
edit: Details about text within signatures have been recently altered by the way.
O_o;
Now, I'm a bit confused as well. Can a staff member please check my signature as well?

Forever
November 17th, 2010, 08:14 AM
O_o;
Now, I'm a bit confused as well. Can a staff member please check my signature as well?

Yours is fine~

(the only thing being edited was total image+text size, aka 530px x 350px to 600px x 400px).

-Jared-
November 17th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Oh boy, rule changes...I guess It's better to be safe than sorry, so, is my sig currently okay? *crosses fingers*

Forever
November 17th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Oh boy, rule changes...I guess It's better to be safe than sorry, so, is my sig currently okay? *crosses fingers*

Yup, it's within the limits.

Sweet Candace
November 17th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure about the image I have. Is it within the new sig guidelines?

Forever
November 17th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I'm not sure about the image I have. Is it within the new sig guidelines?

Exactly 500px width is fine by the sig rules~

jdthebud
November 17th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Okay, I edited my sig. Can you check if it's good now, and how much space I have over/under? Thanks.

dragonite149
November 17th, 2010, 09:05 AM
[cssc="rules"]
The use of CSS in signatures cannot be used to bypass the latter limit either. A staff member has the right to disable your signature if they feel you are using CSS to bypass the 500 × 300 limit. In addition to the aforementioned rules, there are further rules in which you must abide by; you will find these rules listed below.
Too complicated and confusing for me.
Does that mean you can't have a 500 by 300 image as the base for CSS if you put a 499 by 299 image/text on top of it?
Also, does my current siggy abide by the new rules? I don't want it in those orange tags again on November 25th.

EmeraldSky
November 17th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Links to fics are still okay, right?

Stratos99
November 17th, 2010, 09:13 AM
When you say 500x300 can that work either way? Like 500 tall 300 long, and vice versa? or does it only apply to one specific way?

This community has got to have the most rules I've ever seen about signatures, lol.

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Okay, I edited my sig. Can you check if it's good now, and how much space I have over/under? Thanks.

Too tall, your text contributes also.

Too complicated and confusing for me.
Does that mean you can't have a 500 by 300 image as the base for CSS if you put a 499 by 299 image/text on top of it?
Also, does my current siggy abide by the new rules? I don't want it in those orange tags again on November 25th.

Yes it does. 500x300 can be a base for CSS if the CSS is on top of the image. It's also too tall, text attributes to the height.

Links to fics are still okay, right?

Perfectly fine

When you say 500x300 can that work either way? Like 500 tall 300 long, and vice versa? or does it only apply to one specific way?

This community has got to have the most rules I've ever seen about signatures, lol.

Wide then height. So 500px wide and 300px in height.

It's due to the size really, got to keep things tidy when you have so many active members.

Edit:

I advise any and all members using firefox to download MeasureIt (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/539/developers)as you can then measure your signature.

Kotowari
November 17th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Just checking if mine is okay. : 0
The image is 500x300... Can I still add the text like it's now?

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Just checking if mine is okay. : 0
The image is 500x300... Can I still add the text like it's now?

The CSS makes it too tall. But you can put the CSS on the image instead.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
November 17th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Just had to edit mine... my CSS should be EXACTLY 500x300 now.

Checking to see if this is acceptable.

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Indeed your signature if fine currently.

pokejungle
November 17th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Using CSS to fill background of your signature shouldn't be a problem right? Even though it has a 100% span it doesn't actually affect the width of your SIGNATURE it's dependent completely on the size of the browser window and whether a member is using a fixed width theme or not. Soooooo I imagine this is in no way contrary to the rules?

ie: My signature is 250x~275px right now.

Kotowari
November 17th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Sorry for posting here again, but I'd like to verify something concerning this rule:

"An image plus text cannot exceed 600 pixels in width and 400 pixels in height."

I checked my signature by printscreening and pasting it in PS. PS says it's 500x345.
Which is still below the 600x400 pixels.
The image is not even the background of the CSS. I just added a black frame because it makes the theme look better (on any forum theme). That's not allowed even if the size is below 600x400?

Chesu
November 17th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Is my signature okay? :nervous:

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Using CSS to fill background of your signature shouldn't be a problem right? Even though it has a 100% span it doesn't actually affect the width of your SIGNATURE it's dependent completely on the size of the browser window and whether a member is using a fixed width theme or not. Soooooo I imagine this is in no way contrary to the rules?

ie: My signature is 250x~275px right now.

Nope. I'm fully aware of how CSS works, and I'm going to tell you that making the width at 100% breaks the limits. Including CSS, your signature cannot go over the limits of 500x300 if you're not adding addition text, and 600x400 if you are. We're eliminating loop holes. Simple as.

Sorry for posting here again, but I'd like to verify something concerning this rule:

"An image plus text cannot exceed 600 pixels in width and 400 pixels in height."

I checked my signature by printscreening and pasting it in PS. PS says it's 500x345.
Which is still below the 600x400 pixels.
The image is not even the background of the CSS. I just added a black frame because it makes the theme look better (on any forum theme). That's not allowed even if the size is below 600x400?

500x300 for images and CSS and you are permitted to add 100px to both if you are adding additional text. Take CSS as being an image as they fall under the same oath, even if CSS is not an image. But 500x300 including CSS and you're permitted to go up to 600x400 if you add text. Take out your CSS and you'll be fine.

Is my signature okay? :nervous:

'Fraid not sir, try centering everything and fitting it in 500x300 or 600x400 if you're adding text.

pokejungle
November 17th, 2010, 10:08 AM
What is the point of eliminating the CSS background fill?

Perrie ✿
November 17th, 2010, 10:09 AM
New rules :x

Better safe than sorry; Is mine okay?

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 10:20 AM
What is the point of eliminating the CSS background fill?

What is the need for it in the first place? At any rate, the purpose of a signature is to have a small space in which to display information and there is no need for mega huge signatures on the board. Large signatures such as your own can be extremely distracting to other members and pretty needless given what I've said; a signature is a small space for information, not a fashion statement.

New rules :x

Better safe than sorry; Is mine okay?

Your text should be aligned left to be on the safe side and you'll be fine.

GamerXtreme
November 17th, 2010, 10:20 AM
How about mine?... *gulp*

-GX-

jdthebud
November 17th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Okay, I got rid of some lines, so it should be good now, if you could confirm...

Thanks for your help.

Ryanna Jameson
November 17th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Ohay. Mine's not too tall, is it? Just a check, yes~

Rainbow-Sasuke
November 17th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Is my sig ok? I really want to leave it as is!

Rou.Tsuki
November 17th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Went to check if my siggy was ok. Server was really laggy last night so I didn't get to finish. Seems what I did was too big, per notice I received. Re-did my siggy and it seems to fit the bill for the forum now. ^_^

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 11:07 AM

-GX-

Too wide and too tall

Okay, I got rid of some lines, so it should be good now, if you could confirm...

Thanks for your help.

Still about 80px too tall

Is my sig ok? I really want to leave it as is!

About 100px too tall.

Ohay. Mine's not too tall, is it? Just a check, yes~

Nope you're fine

Went to check if my siggy was ok. Server was really laggy last night so I didn't get to finish. Seems what I did was too big, per notice I received. Re-did my siggy and it seems to fit the bill for the forum now. ^_^

Far too wide.

Patchisou Yutohru
November 17th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Even though Gavin already said the yes/no, I was working on this reply and think it'll be somewhat helpful for the two members it was directed at:

-GX-
That size 1 text at the bottom really makes it hard to be within the limits. Is there really a need for it? Your signature would be within the limits without that (as well as the quote).

The width of your signature is well passed the limit. It's 698px combining both widths of that signature. Max limit is 600. I suggest removing the left part of the signature, but that's just me.

560cool.
November 17th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Is it within the limits now ?
Um, no spoiler tags... haha, what a change ! (:

-Scourge-
November 17th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Is my signature fine?
Before the new rules were here a moderator said it was okay but now that the new rules are here, I want to make sure.

Patchisou Yutohru
November 17th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Your signature's fine, 560cool.
Same for you, -Scrouge-.

txteclipse
November 17th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I guess my earlier post probably got lost in the shuffle, but I'm not being allowed to upload signature pictures larger than 100 kilobytes. Any word on this?

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc206/txteclipse/sigsize.png

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 11:23 AM
That's only if you're uploading it to PC so that it is hosted on the server as opposed to hosting it on tinypic and the like.

Kotowari
November 17th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I edited a bit. Is it alright now?

Okami Chi
November 17th, 2010, 11:29 AM
So if I'm right the actual signature image size rules did not change, just the spoiler and youtube part of it. I'm sure mine is ok, but it's always good to be 100% sure.

Munch Dog
November 17th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Just wanting to check mine... I don't think there are any problems, are there?

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 11:31 AM
EDIT: oh nevermind, I'm being dumb.

Yeah 300kb's :]

I edited a bit. Is it alright now?

So if I'm right the actual signature image size rules did not change, just the spoiler and youtube part of it. I'm sure mine is ok, but it's always good to be 100% sure.

Just wanting to check mine... I don't think there are any problems, are there?

All three of you are within the limits guys, no worries.

Rou.Tsuki
November 17th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Far too wide.

The width of your signature is well passed the limit. It's 698px combining both widths of that signature. Max limit is 600. I suggest removing the left part of the signature, but that's just me.

Hmm... it's with the use of {twocolumn}{/twocolumn} in the signature formatting that spread it that wide. When I saved the sig, the forum didn't pop up anything thing about the size like it did before (had an additional quiz result tacked in it).

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 11:42 AM
We have not coded the website so that it would inform you that your signature is too large, that's why we have this thread.

However, use of two-column has made your signature too large and you should remove it and fit your signature within the new limits by doing as Patchisou Yutohru suggested. Thanks!

Agent Clank
November 17th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I know mine is most likely okay, but you can never be too sure.
So how is mine?

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I know mine is most likely okay, but you can never be too sure.
So how is mine?

It's perfectly neat and tidy, just as a signature should be buddy :]

Blaziquaza
November 17th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Is mine fine? Oh god oh god.

Patchisou Yutohru
November 17th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Absolutely not. Scroll up or back a page and you'll see why. Or read the first post.

dragonite149
November 17th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Is my siggy OK?

I posted the question before, but I didn't get an answer.
Also, if you have the orange tags, it's easier for members to see if their siggy is OK or not. When I got my most recent siggy infraction, I was surprised when I couldn't see the orange tags in my siggy. I thought it was a mistake, until someone posted out that the orange tags wouldn't be used anymore.

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 12:00 PM
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6293224&postcount=38
I already told you it's not.

We've also stated that we're giving you a week before we disable signatures. So we're not going to do that, sorry.

GamerXtreme
November 17th, 2010, 12:00 PM
What about now? :)

-GX-

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 12:01 PM
51px too tall. The text should probably go and one of the userbars. Or make them closer together.

GamerXtreme
November 17th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Like this? I got them closer together.

-GX-

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Indeed that is far better.

curiousnathan
November 17th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Sorry to bug. But may I please know if my signature follows all the old and new rules?

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 12:12 PM
You seem to be just within the limits there Curious.

Dooonerz
November 17th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Just checking if mine is okay, not too sure though </3

Patchisou Yutohru
November 17th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Yes, your signature is within the limits.

AngelXavier
November 17th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Making sure my signature complies with new rules.

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Nope you're perfectly okay there :]

MareBear
November 17th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Just checking if mine is within the limits. It's mostly text so I think I'm okay but if it isn't, I'll just scale it back a bit. Thanks! XD

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 01:02 PM
You're within the limits, with a neat signature!

The Cynic
November 17th, 2010, 01:31 PM
OK then.

How is my signature size-wise?

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8d/Spr_3e_217.gif

Frivolous rule changes make Ursaring mad!

aguinn99
November 17th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Is mine too big?I dont now how to check.

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 01:34 PM
It's still fine as it is an image within the 500x300px limit.

Is mine too big?I dont now how to check.

Too wide, put the text underneath the banner and it will be fine.

wingman11
November 17th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Just curious, but I get the sinking feeling that I can't use the twocolumn command anymore... Other than that, is there anything else wrong?

Gardenia101
November 17th, 2010, 01:52 PM
This sig is fine, right? Please say it is; as i don't know what text size it is :O

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Just curious, but I get the sinking feeling that I can't use the twocolumn command anymore... Other than that, is there anything else wrong?

Your signature is just way too wide. Try centering everything.

This sig is fine, right? Please say it is; as i don't know what text size it is :O

It is indeed, I think it's 5?

Kaori
November 17th, 2010, 01:56 PM

It's Size 5, you could find out by copying the text -> Go Advance and highlight it. It should say what size it is then. But 5 is the limit so you're okay. :)

wingman11
November 17th, 2010, 02:10 PM
OK, I took out the two column thing, and I removed the quote (not cause it's too big, I just feel like it's out of place). Better, I hope?

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 02:12 PM
You're within the limits now my friend :]

Lucy Lu
November 17th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Is my signature okay? I read the new rules and I am little concerned. Do I need to take out one of my pictures? My CSS doesn't exceed in height but width it might be a different story. So is it okay? I will change it.

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 02:40 PM
You have no need for concerns Lucy. your signature is fine, and given your signatures in the past, they always seem to be. So no worries :]

Timbjerr
November 17th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I'm fairly certain my sig is just fine, but just checking. I can swap the animated pokemon icons for static ones if I'm over the new filesize limit. XD

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 03:11 PM
You're most certainly not over the file size limit, it's only 2 frames!
Anyway, your signature is approved.

Archer
November 17th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I assume mine is okay. Just out of interest, how would the rules apply to pure text? If there was text wtih no formatting, would one be expected to start a new line so they don't reach 600px? Considering it's going to wrap anyway?

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 03:23 PM
You're 6px over the limits I'm afraid, due to the CSS background being too wide.

However, just ensure it sticks within 600px, that's all you need to worry about. In saying that, images and or CSS can only amount to 500x300. Additional text can be added but only 100px above an below.

Archer
November 17th, 2010, 03:35 PM
You're 6px over the limits I'm afraid, due to the CSS background being too wide.

However, just ensure it sticks within 600px, that's all you need to worry about. In saying that, images and or CSS can only amount to 500x300. Additional text can be added but only 100px above an below.
I meant how is pure text approached? It's the same as the post above it and it's going to wrap, yes?

...aaaand how about now? I overestimated the padding, lol.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
November 17th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I mine alright? it's doesn't seem as big as other so I'm guessing it is but just to be sure...

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I meant how is pure text approached? It's the same as the post above it and it's going to wrap, yes?

...aaaand how about now? I overestimated the padding, lol.

Yeah it should wrap, I mean, all you need to worry about is keeping it within limits, if you need to wrap text to do so, then do.

I mine alright? it's doesn't seem as big as other so I'm guessing it is but just to be sure...

Seems to be fine except for the text being too wide.

Rinna
November 17th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Is my signature OK?

I'm not sure

abnegation
November 17th, 2010, 04:26 PM
It's a little too tall I'm afraid, try getting rid of some text.

Alpha King
November 17th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Just checking..
Is my siggy alright?

Rinna
November 17th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Did I fix it? If not, I'll just remove the pic.

~RNC~
November 17th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Just stopping in to have mine checked ??
I think I read something about spoilers though??

Guy
November 17th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Just checking..
Is my siggy alright?
As far as I know, you're alright in the signature area.

Did I fix it? If not, I'll just remove the pic.
It's looking pretty good over here, pal.

Just stopping in to have mine checked ??
I think I read something about spoilers though??
You read correctly. Spoilers will no longer be permitted. So, you're going to have to remove yours. By the look of it though, if you keep just the text, and lose the spacing, you should be fine.

Come back again without the spoilers, and one of the staff members will respond to you as soon as they can.

~RNC~
November 17th, 2010, 06:37 PM
You read correctly. Spoilers will no longer be permitted. So, you're going to have to remove yours. By the look of it though, if you keep just the text, and lose the spacing, you should be fine.

Come back again without the spoilers, and one of the staff members will respond to you as soon as they can.

Ok thanks, how about now??

Eucliffe
November 17th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Better to be safe than sorry.

How's mine look? The only thing I'm truly unsure about is the "1MB" rule, not knowing if it refers to the combined images or each individual image.

/and you can bet I'll be coming here with at least one alt.

thepsynergist
November 17th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Is mine okay at all? Just wanted to check.

Guy
November 17th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Ok thanks, how about now??
It's looking good now. :]

Better to be safe than sorry.

How's mine look? The only thing I'm truly unsure about is the "1MB" rule, not knowing if it refers to the combined images or each individual image.

/and you can bet I'll be coming here with at least one alt.
Yours is exactly 500 pixels in length, and the height is quite a few pixels below the height limit, so I'd say you're fine. As far as the "1MB" rule goes, that applies to the file size of each image compiled together.

/will be expecting it.

Is mine okay at all? Just wanted to check.
Checked, and you're a-okay.

AshPikastar
November 17th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I just changed my signature. Can I get it checked to make sure it reached the limit?

Guy
November 17th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I just changed my signature. Can I get it checked to make sure it reached the limit?
No worries about it reaching the limits, it's well below it. You're all good.

NidoKingdra
November 17th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I have doubts that my signature will pass since there are 2 pictures, and I'm not sure how big 500 pixels is, so I figured I'd better ask, even if it is a small signature. >.<

Forever
November 17th, 2010, 08:35 PM
You have about 95 more pixels til you reach 500px image width, so yours is fine~

rstevenson1976
November 17th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I'm sure mine's still god, but just to make sure...

Forever
November 17th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Yeah, your signature is all good.~

Syntax
November 17th, 2010, 10:10 PM
mine too big? I dont think it is.

dragonite149
November 17th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Is my siggy OK now? If not, how many pixels over the limit is it? Any suggestions on how I can improve?

A Pixy
November 17th, 2010, 11:14 PM
/Pops in to check sig

/Leaves

Forever
November 17th, 2010, 11:19 PM
/Pops in to check sig

/Leaves

Yus 36, yours is fine.

Is my siggy OK now? If not, how many pixels over the limit is it? Any suggestions on how I can improve?

Mhm, it's within the limits.

mine too big? I dont think it is.

Well, another staff member disabled it because it's likely to cause seizures, so if you had the same image, but a lot slower, it would be fine in the future.

HeavyOctillery
November 17th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Uh, how's mine? Not sure how to re-situate it if it isn't..... :/

Forever
November 17th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Kaaay, max width is about 1025px, which is even breaking the old sig rules.

Tried repositioning your signature so it fits. The following is a combination that fits within the sig limits, just quote the post and copy from there.

I vote for this to become a usable emote. http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d39/yuoaman/emot-psyboom.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5817/animateduserbar.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5359761)
http://i45.tinypic.com/1z65z09.jpg (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=197142)
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l382/AndinatorX/NebulaBannerDratini.pnghttp://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s341/mytree2003/Digimon%20Stuffs/Alphasupport2.png (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=178142)
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo80/ldm92/PM-1.png
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc135/thepsynergist/userpyritepinino.png
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/jayje/Monstructs/Gusto-Bar.gif

I like to use whatever Pokemon someone wouldn't expect, as long as it's usable.
I pay attention to stat values & natures, but I try not to wreck my nerves over trying to get them 'perfect'.
I don't treat them like brainless drones for some reason, even though they are.

Volroc
November 18th, 2010, 12:34 AM
the spoiler tag thing is REALLY stupid, im taking about MASSIVELY stupid

ive seen some huge signatures, without spoiler tags theyd get even bigger :/

especially for those in the trading business, who promote their store, usually they put their FCs& Banners in spoiler tags as to save room, so the entire page isnt covered in Banners

not to mention those who promote games like Rijon Adventures, those tend to stack up as well, i think thats a pretty stupid rule that needs to go :/

why make signatures bigger, when you can save space, thats some seriously poor deductive skills :/

Hibaru
November 18th, 2010, 04:10 AM
As long as my avatar still remain, I don't have anything to worry about.

LightOfTruth
November 18th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Is my sig fine? I think we should have spoiler tags though ;)

PoKeNation2010
November 18th, 2010, 04:23 AM
lol my signature got disabled today because its 53px too wide (actually it has 553px) /facepalm

mods should learn how to read...

Forever
November 18th, 2010, 04:32 AM
lol my signature got disabled today because its 53px too wide (actually it has 553px) /facepalm

mods should learn how to read...
Actually, total image width limit is 500px.
It's image + text = 600px. :x

Sooo, it's still breaking the rules. XD;

Sorry for the confusion! Whoever did it was in the right, actually. XD

Is my sig fine? I think we should have spoiler tags though ;)

Yup! It's fine.

Guy
November 18th, 2010, 05:49 AM
the spoiler tag thing is REALLY stupid, im taking about MASSIVELY stupid

ive seen some huge signatures, without spoiler tags theyd get even bigger :/

especially for those in the trading business, who promote their store, usually they put their FCs& Banners in spoiler tags as to save room, so the entire page isnt covered in Banners

not to mention those who promote games like Rijon Adventures, those tend to stack up as well, i think thats a pretty stupid rule that needs to go :/

why make signatures bigger, when you can save space, thats some seriously poor deductive skills :/
Regardless of having a spoiler, the signature limits still applied to the 500 x 300 pixels as before. So, it's not like you could have added in extra images or lines of text to bypass the old rules. Honestly, spoilers are redundant to put in a signature in this case. So, it was decided to be removed. Also, when it came to measuring a user's signature that contained spoilers, it was just harder to measure up; more so if it was more than one spoiler. So, therefore, the rule was implemented.

As long as my avatar still remain, I don't have anything to worry about.
If you center your entire signature, then it should be alright. Right now, with one image to the far left, it's exceeding the length limit.

.Gamer
November 18th, 2010, 07:07 AM
is mine still good? while we are updating rules can we get rid of the 25 character limit. -.-

Forever
November 18th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Yup yours is fine.

And noope, 25 char rule ain't going away anytime soon. :D;

Gerri Shin
November 18th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Just checking, Does mine follow the new rules?

abnegation
November 18th, 2010, 09:06 AM
No problem there Gerri! Your signature is fine.

At last you've stopped using the one I made you forever ago D;

Rich Boy Rob
November 18th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Is mine still fine, yeah?

abnegation
November 18th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Is mine still fine, yeah?

Yupp you're within the limits.

sirboulevard
November 18th, 2010, 10:28 AM
How is mine doing under the new rules?

Guy
November 18th, 2010, 10:30 AM
How is mine doing under the new rules?
You're doing pretty well.

in b4 Gavin.

Amore
November 18th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Uhh....is this one ok?

It should be...I always adhered to 500x300 for my image, and think it looks messy if the text is wider than it.....still, better safe than sorry.

abnegation
November 18th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Yes your signature is perfectly fine :]

I am too quick for you Shivi

Griffinbane
November 18th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I'm guessing my sig's fine since I'm using pure text? (although with twocolumn...)

abnegation
November 18th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Yeah you'll need to get rid of that two column. I suggest just centering it all.

Galukxy
November 18th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Just checking, is my signature with in limits?

If not, what do I have to remove or change so it is with in limits?

abnegation
November 18th, 2010, 11:59 AM
No need to remove it, it's perfectly fine dear.

dragoniteuser
November 18th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Oh, God, I hope my signature is OK!
I've busted my *** scripting this! :(

bobandbill
November 18th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Unfortunately it exceeds the 600 pixel-width limit, dragoniteuser.

jdthebud
November 18th, 2010, 03:37 PM
So, I took a screenshot of my sig, and I got a conservative 598x386 pixels, which is good, right? I have text in there...

The height has been the issue for me.

abnegation
November 18th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Trowing text in makes no difference in images go over the count, which they do. The OW's add up to over the limits. But the height is fine.

jdthebud
November 18th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Trowing text in makes no difference in images go over the count, which they do. The OW's add up to over the limits. But the height is fine.
So what do I need to change?
OW's?

Sora
November 18th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Overworld Sprites (the animated ones you have there). Because of them, you're a little more than 50px over the width limit for images.

Luigi-San
November 18th, 2010, 04:47 PM
May as well make sure mine's OK.

Guy
November 18th, 2010, 05:25 PM
May as well make sure mine's OK.
Now that the rules regarding text has changed, your signature would be considered to wide. I'd suggesting fixing your long line of text so it fits within the limits of an Image + Text (600 x 400 pixels).

jdthebud
November 18th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Overworld Sprites (the animated ones you have there). Because of them, you're a little more than 50px over the width limit for images.
Okay, so I moved the biggest OW sprites to the bottom, and I should still be good on height. According to my calculations, my sig is now like 499 pixels wide. I hope it works *fingers crossed*.

vinylscratchp0n3
November 18th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Is mine ok? I can't figure out how to check if mine is ok.
(btw, do I need to credit for sprites?)

Forever
November 18th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Okay, so I moved the biggest OW sprites to the bottom, and I should still be good on height. According to my calculations, my sig is now like 499 pixels wide. I hope it works *fingers crossed*.

Yours is fine now~

Is mine ok? I can't figure out how to check if mine is ok.
(btw, do I need to credit for sprites?)

'Tis fine. As for sprites, depends whether you want to or not (since Bulbapedia usually doesn't ask for credit). Though other sites and people, it varies.

Kura
November 18th, 2010, 06:12 PM
>_> I think mine is okay.. actually.. I really hope it is because I don't know how to do CSS..

Lucy
November 18th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I said I'd be back with an alt., so here I am.

This is a question I believe I know the answer to, but I just want to make sure:

OK, so there's the whole "Random Image Generator" site, right? Well, depending on how many pictures you put in a "stack", their total may go over 1MB. However, the link is technically not animated (although I guess you can put in animated files), it's just that the image changes every now and then to another one in the stack. The point is, is the "1MB max per picture" rule in effect for each individual picture in the stack, or does it have to be 1MB total for the entire stack combined? Sorry if the wording is confusing.

Polizard
November 18th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Im just Checking if mine is ok i think it is

Patchisou Yutohru
November 18th, 2010, 07:28 PM
@Kura: It's all well.
@Lucy: I'm not sure I get what you're saying, but it's 1MB max for the image in your signature that's showing.
@Polizard: Yes.

King Gumball
November 18th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I guess I need mine checked. Checky please?

Idiot!
November 18th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Insert random filler here.

bobandbill
November 18th, 2010, 10:58 PM
King Gumball - it's too wide with the formatting of left/right stuff there, but if you centered the clickable Pokemon/eggs sprites under the banner/text it would be fine as it is not too tall.
Idiot! - you have roughly 350 pixels of width left for images + text, and although you have nearly 100 pixels of height left it appears the images are just a couple of pixels over the limit.

chrunch
November 18th, 2010, 11:21 PM
I'm pretty sure mine is okay, but I'm just checking.

Ninja Caterpie
November 18th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Just checking if mine is okay?

bobandbill
November 18th, 2010, 11:34 PM
chrunch - it is fine. =)
Ninja Caterpie - picture is fine but it is just a bit too tall (over the 400 pixel height limit) and the quote makes it far too wide too.

Impo
November 19th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Can I check my sig? Added a new battle frontier card :)

bobandbill
November 19th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Impo - it may be just a pixel or few over overall, and the images are over 300 pixels in height stacked like that too (if they were side by side though all should be fine, methinks...)

ashketchum23
November 19th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Phew, good thing that I didn't break the rules. I hope I didn't. I visit the site all the time, so I don't really need to worry about signature spam and all. Awesome rules though :D The rules will prevent those fake users.

dragoniteuser
November 19th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Well, I've slightly altered mine...
Hope it's OK now...

Tribal Ebony
November 19th, 2010, 02:20 AM
May someone please check my signature please? It would be very much appreciated. :)

Forever
November 19th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Phew, good thing that I didn't break the rules. I hope I didn't. I visit the site all the time, so I don't really need to worry about signature spam and all. Awesome rules though :D The rules will prevent those fake users.

"How to draw Pokemon" actually pushes it outside of the limits. Just put that below your other text and you'll be fine~

May someone please check my signature please? It would be very much appreciated. :)

Mhm yours is fine.

@other user, not entirely sure if space counts in this situation sooo...

dragoniteuser
November 19th, 2010, 04:26 AM
@other user, not entirely sure if space counts in this situation sooo...

Yeah, I know, this is confusing me too...
Could anyone else tell me is my sig OK?

Guy
November 19th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Yeah, I know, this is confusing me too...
Could anyone else tell me is my sig OK?
With the large gap, it makes your signature bypass the width limit. So, I'd shift your text closer to the image, and you should be alright.

Zoroark-Nightmare
November 19th, 2010, 06:33 AM
What about the little music bars? Sorry if it was already answered.

Guy
November 19th, 2010, 06:34 AM
What about the little music bars? Sorry if it was already answered.
Those are still allowed in signatures; there's no rule against them. They must still fit within the limits of images and text though.

Pokestick, good times.
November 19th, 2010, 08:35 AM
It's great that you're updating this stuff, with new codes popping up all the time and such. :P

I don't think I have to change my signature though... And, now, perhaps I missed it, but I'm going to ask; If an image is placed on top of a background image using CSS, visually still fitting inside the 500x300 limit, buit they would have been breaking the limit if put next to each others ordinarily, does it count as rule breakage or is it OK?

abnegation
November 19th, 2010, 08:38 AM
It's fine so long as it does not contribute to going over the limits. So what you have said should be alright.

Also your signature is fine.

dragoniteuser
November 19th, 2010, 11:22 AM
With the large gap, it makes your signature bypass the width limit. So, I'd shift your text closer to the image, and you should be alright.

If only I could do this...
Does anyone know how to do it? Trust me I've tried everything I know... :(

Sora
November 19th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Are you sure? It seems that you have center tags in your signature. Try taking those out, and the text should head right on over to right next to the image.

abnegation
November 19th, 2010, 11:43 AM
[css-div="float: left;padding: 10px;height: 300px; width: 300px;"]http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7748/lancepokemonmangabyneou.jpg[/css-div]
Lance

the Dragon master
-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon

Try that and see if it works

Midnight Moon~
November 19th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Can someone please tell me if my siggy is okay? No CSS, just text thingies :3

Guy
November 19th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Can someone please tell me if my siggy is okay? No CSS, just text thingies :3
You're in the clear there, buddy. ;)

Devil Flamingo
November 19th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Pretty sure mine's alright, but I'll ask anyway: 5-6 animated gif sprites are fine, correct? (I might add a sixth Poke to my team, hence my asking, XD)

Guy
November 19th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Pretty sure mine's alright, but I'll ask anyway: 5-6 animated gif sprites are fine, correct? (I might add a sixth Poke to my team, hence my asking, XD)
Yup, your signature is looking alright. A sixth sprite should be fine if it's 15 pixels wide. Anything more than that will exceed the limits in width.

King Gumball
November 19th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Is mine okay now? I centered them on top of each other.

EDIT: Why was the sig rules changed? They seemed fine before.

abnegation
November 19th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Your signature is fine.
They were changed because we needed more clarity, definition and substance to our rules as they had too many grey areas and CSS also needed to be approached.

Devil Flamingo
November 19th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Yup, your signature is looking alright. A sixth sprite should be fine if it's 15 pixels wide. Anything more than that will exceed the limits in width.

XD Well that's silly. 15 pixels is like... microscopic. Is it because it's animated, or it's that for regular sprites too? I mean, you do realize a full-fledged Pokemon team is made from six Pokemon, right? I fail to see and/or comprehend how a sixth sprite of the same size, animated or not, would cause eye bleeding, mass hysteria or cerebral infarction amongst the members. The reasons for updating the sig rules seem to make good sense; however I'm currently not seeing the problem with six sprites. Perhaps you or another mod would care to elaborate?

abnegation
November 19th, 2010, 05:07 PM
1. It breaks the rules if you add another.
2. We're not going to bend them just for you.

The Corrupt Plague
November 19th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I just updated my sig to include contact info for anyone who wants to see me on Wi-Fi. I think it might fit the new requirements so far, but I would like to see it get verified just to be safe.

Devil Flamingo
November 19th, 2010, 07:34 PM
1. It breaks the rules if you add another.
2. We're not going to bend them just for you.

XD You call that reasoning? "It breaks the rules if you add another"? So if something is highly illogical, like selling half an orange for 5 bucks, instead of an entire one for a few cents, you're just gonna go, "Oh, well, it breaks the rules, and we can't bend them, sorry! Here's your half-orange, are you gonna buy it or not?" and not even think about why you have those rules? It's nice that you won't bend them for me, but you have missed the point here: you have not actually given me a reason why six simple Pokemon sprites would be a problem on an Internet forum signature.

This isn't about me wanting to bend rules for the sake of bending them and not heeding to them because I'm ~*~such a rebel~*~. In fact, I never asked you to, you assumed that I did, just like you will probably assume that my reply is equivalent to flaming, trolling, or simply being difficult. Look at my profile, I'm not 13 yo. I'm the same age as you, pretty much, and I'd like to know the reason for this rule. Since when is "Just because. We made the rules, live with it" an explanation? Some things do not need to be explained (e.g. you can't use a 800x600 image in your sig because that's effin' huge), but others do.

But hey, I guess you (and every other mod, if they too assume that I'm just being a hardass) just surf through life doing everything you're told, never questioning anything, and coming up with rules without giving explanations. I guess I should know better than to question your perfect rules and the reason for their perfect existence. My mistake, it won't happen again. I'll just run along now and be another mindless drone in the forum, don't mind me. *transforms into a Mareep* Baahhh, bahhh! I'll go join the sheep flock now plz.

EDIT:

Er, it seems this was missed, so I'll make sure it's understood: my inquiry isn't about having all the sprites in a certain position, but about not being allowed to have all six. As in, I'm asking why I can't have six of them if they are, say, left-aligned (like currently) or like three on top and three on bottom, and I didn't mean including the text. I don't need the text, I just had it because it looks pretty or whatever. All I want is the sprites of whatever six Pokemon I have in my team (assuming that I will ever decide on a sixth, which seems unlikely) in my sig, animated or not.

Teh Blazer
November 19th, 2010, 08:17 PM
How ;bout my sig? Is it too awesome to be within limits?

bobandbill
November 19th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Er, it seems this was missed, so I'll make sure it's understood: my inquiry isn't about having all the sprites in a certain position, but about not being allowed to have all six. As in, I'm asking why I can't have six of them if they are, say, left-aligned (like currently) or like three on top and three on bottom, and I didn't mean including the text. I don't need the text, I just had it because it looks pretty or whatever. All I want is the sprites of whatever six Pokemon I have in my team (assuming that I will ever decide on a sixth, which seems unlikely) in my sig, animated or not.I'm pretty sure the issue is that if you added a sixth one next to the others then the width rule would be broken. You can have as many sprites as you want as long as it does not go beyond the height and width limits for images there's no 'only 5 sprites' rule anywhere. (500 and 300 pixels respectively). Certainly no need to act like that though, at any rate. =/ Not amusing or cool or brave or whatnot, so what's the point? A simple 'I don't understand why you say I can't have a 6th sprite' would have worked.

Teh Blazer - it is too wide, certainly - only 600 pixels wide is allowed and the quotes for instance break that. (And the image breaks the 500 pixels-wid limit too for images).

Lyra.
November 19th, 2010, 08:49 PM
How much room for images would I have left if I don't add anymore text?

I'd also like to check my sig, too.

bobandbill
November 19th, 2010, 08:59 PM
You have 334 pixels left of width for images, can't go beyond the height (so it'd have to be on the same level). In terms of total width though accounting for the text there around/a touch under 150 pixels to use.

ATM the signature is fine.

Crackin355
November 19th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Just checking to see if mines all right, don't wanna get kicked out because of my signature xD

Sora
November 19th, 2010, 10:10 PM
The height is fine. However, the last sentence that you have (the one about the stats) causes the signature to be over the limit is width. After the "about" is about how long your signature is allowed to be.

Don't worry. You don't be getting kicked out because of your signature~

Crackin355
November 19th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I made it so it doesn't go over the width... I think. Still, I'm going to have to find a way to make my Signature shorter as I progress with my Monotype Challenge ^_^'

AmayaTakahashi
November 19th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Is my signature okay, I think it's a bit wordy, but I think it should be fine..... But just in case..

heartofdestany
November 20th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Is my signature okay?
Just hoping I didn't just wast time on putting this together this morning.

ahh my signature went missing

Forever
November 20th, 2010, 12:24 AM
I made it so it doesn't go over the width... I think. Still, I'm going to have to find a way to make my Signature shorter as I progress with my Monotype Challenge ^_^'

It's fine~

Is my signature okay, I think it's a bit wordy, but I think it should be fine..... But just in case..

Outside of the limits sadly. :(

Change it to:
Maria: My Pokemon may not be stronger than yours, but their will is much stronger than anyones!
Akira: Oh really? What makes you believe that?
Maria: You AND your Pokemon fight to win, mine fight so that they can live.
Your tyranny has brought everyone, including yourself down. Now, prepare to be defeated.

(These are only lines I remember from my last Manga script, Main character Maria talking to Akira, Team Luna's leader.)

"I love my Pokemon, no matter stats, or HP or Power. Weak or strong, it makes no difference, and if my Pokemon were real,
they would all love me with the same respect and courtesy that I would treat them with." Copy into your Sig. if you agree.

"I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care
about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals
instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into
your signature."

And it'll fit.

@heartofdestany: Whenever you find your signature again, repost it, as chances are people won't be looking back.

AmayaTakahashi
November 20th, 2010, 01:24 AM
@ Forever
I just took out the Manga Script part. Will this work?

Forever
November 20th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Yup, your sig is fine now. :)

Echidna
November 20th, 2010, 03:02 AM
sweet new rules, not that they're any better then the old one but still....

abnegation
November 20th, 2010, 03:46 AM
[QUOTE=Devil Flamingo;6297492]XD You call that reasoning? "It breaks the rules if you add another"? So if something is highly illogical, like selling half an orange for 5 bucks, instead of an entire one for a few cents, you're just gonna go, "Oh, well, it breaks the rules, and we can't bend them, sorry! Here's your half-orange, are you gonna buy it or not?" and not even think about why you have those rules? It's nice that you won't bend them for me, but you have missed the point here: you have not actually given me a reason why six simple Pokemon sprites would be a problem on an Internet forum signature. [/QUOTE
The reason why we have said rules is so that members are not allowed to go around the boards with huge signatures which are distracting, take up bandwidth and unneeded to begin with. Signatures pose one reason; to display small amounts of information at the end of your post. The 6 sprites are an issue because they go over the limit. Now if you were to choose 6 sprites from previous genres (which are smaller images) or put 3 on top and 3 on bottom, then that would be fine. But arguing with the rules is completely irrational. This board has thousands of active members and is a very large forum in retrospect, we need said rules to keep order as well as be considerate towards other members. They are not there to annoy people who want 6 sprites from Pokémon Black and White, they are there for said reasons which were mentioned at the start of my post. It's a forum signature as you say, not a big deal; so don't make it out to be. There are alternatives, I've already given you two.

This isn't about me wanting to bend rules for the sake of bending them and not heeding to them because I'm ~*~such a rebel~*~. In fact, I never asked you to, you assumed that I did, just like you will probably assume that my reply is equivalent to flaming, trolling, or simply being difficult. Look at my profile, I'm not 13 yo. I'm the same age as you, pretty much, and I'd like to know the reason for this rule. Since when is "Just because. We made the rules, live with it" an explanation? Some things do not need to be explained (e.g. you can't use a 800x600 image in your sig because that's effin' huge), but others do.

I've given you reasoning. But in your previous paragraph you outlined an example saying that not following rules is something that should be done from time to time, like selling an orange. So, you're kind of encouraging me and staff to let you break rules, and no, I don't think it's for the sake of it. You've just assumed much more of me than I have of you. Nor do I think this is trolling or flaming or anything like what you have mentioned. It is fine that you've thrown out your queries, but that is what this thread is for. The reasoning is in my first post, it doesn't matter to me what age you are, but I know you understand that we're obligated to keep some bit of order, otherwise the forum would be less appealing. If others do have large signatures, and you see them breaking rules, report them. Staff will disable their signature if it is too large.

But hey, I guess you (and every other mod, if they too assume that I'm just being a hardass) just surf through life doing everything you're told, never questioning anything, and coming up with rules without giving explanations. I guess I should know better than to question your perfect rules and the reason for their perfect existence. My mistake, it won't happen again. I'll just run along now and be another mindless drone in the forum, don't mind me. *transforms into a Mareep* Baahhh, bahhh! I'll go join the sheep flock now plz.

And again, you're the one making the assumptions. But no, in fact, I don't. See the signature rules? Some of those were written up by myself as well as other staff members, therefore, we do not always follow rules blindly, but make them. Along with our sections rules. Life has nothing to do with this, nor do I associate what I do with my life to what I do on a forum, they are completely different and I do not take the internet so seriously that I would blend the two. It's a signature, you've just written 4 paragraphs because I said that you couldn't have a 6th sprite. Put 3 on top, 3 on bottom, and it's fine.

EDIT:

Er, it seems this was missed, so I'll make sure it's understood: my inquiry isn't about having all the sprites in a certain position, but about not being allowed to have all six. As in, I'm asking why I can't have six of them if they are, say, left-aligned (like currently) or like three on top and three on bottom, and I didn't mean including the text. I don't need the text, I just had it because it looks pretty or whatever. All I want is the sprites of whatever six Pokemon I have in my team (assuming that I will ever decide on a sixth, which seems unlikely) in my sig, animated or not.

3 on top, 3 on bottom or pick 6 from one of the previous games as they're not so big. End of. If you want your signature checked again, just post asking, that is not an issue.

Please do not continue this discussion here, as you'll begin to go off topic, this more or less is borderline in doing so. If you want to, then PM or VM me I have no problem in speaking to you about your inquiries, but not here where people simple want to just get their signature checked. This is a forum, not a democracy, not a communism, nor anything other than what it is. See it as a forum, and you'll remember that arguments are always, insignificant.

sweet new rules, not that they're any better then the old one but still....

Your signature is fine.

heartofdestany
November 20th, 2010, 04:38 AM
here's my signature again hopefully
yup.
so does it fit the rules

abnegation
November 20th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Yes it still fits with the rules.

xPsychosocial
November 20th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Should I find a new signature or is this one fine?

Forever
November 20th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Should I find a new signature or is this one fine?

Very pretty sig is within the limits!

Alakazam17
November 20th, 2010, 06:25 AM
So seeing as it's not in the rules anymore, I'm assuming 'lines of text allowed' is no longer a factor? So you could have 20 lines of text now, as long as they fit within the pixel limit?

That said, I am fairly certain that my signature will no longer be allowed, so that isn't my question. My question is about my method of determining if it's okay. Before I'd just check the lines of text and the pixels in the Image Properties. Now, according to my understanding, it'll be allowed if I can fit both the picture and the text into a 600x400 box on Paint?

I just wanted to be sure on that, as I tend to change my signature more often than not, and I don't want to be bugging you guys every time. ^_^

abnegation
November 20th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Yupp, what you've said is correct. But remember, so long as the image is not over 500x300, fit an image up to that size, and text, into 600x400 and you're good to go.

dragon0fangz
November 20th, 2010, 06:51 AM
mine is fine right? just asking.

still, it sucks that i can't have a spoiler tag with challenges.

maybe i could CSS tag them onto the current picture. If only i knew how. any help?

abnegation
November 20th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Your signature is fine, but if you want to learn CSS, you should visit this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200899) thread as it has many resources.

cerulean15
November 20th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Like most people I'm a bit confused on the CSS part, but then again I never understood that so....I'm checking if my current sig fits the new standards

miltankRancher
November 20th, 2010, 10:51 PM
can I have mine checked? I'm not quite familiar with the CSS thingy, but, just in case, I'm using the BBcodes for my gpx eggs.

The Corrupt Plague
November 21st, 2010, 12:48 AM
Can someone check my sig? I know I asked before on the previous page, but my previous request got skipped.

bobandbill
November 21st, 2010, 02:00 AM
cerulean15 - the images go over the 300 pixel height limit, and the signature is also too wide with everything put to the left and right (it must be within 600 pixels).
miltankRancher - the quote box makes it too wide, but otherwise it would be fine.
The Corrupt Plague - also too wide due to text, but if you pressed enter between every sentence then it should be fine. (Note the 600 pixel width limit).

miltankRancher
November 21st, 2010, 03:49 AM
do I still need to do something about it? if yes, what?

abnegation
November 21st, 2010, 03:51 AM
Yes, take out the [QUOTE] tags and you'll be fine.

miltankRancher
November 21st, 2010, 03:55 AM
ok. thanks much! *thumbs up*

EDIT: I've changed my sig with that quoute. is it accepted?

abnegation
November 21st, 2010, 04:00 AM
I would advise you to align the red text to the left and you're good to go.

miltankRancher
November 21st, 2010, 04:52 AM
finished editing it. thanks a lot!

bobandbill
November 21st, 2010, 04:57 AM
Yep, it's fine now, miltankRancher.

Chesu
November 21st, 2010, 07:50 AM
A few people have mentioned in passing that my signature doesn't conform to the new rules, but I've checked and checked and rechecked and checked again and then, just to be different... I checked. As far as I can tell everything is within the parameters listed, so please, will someone openly tell me what the problem is?

abnegation
November 21st, 2010, 07:53 AM
Your signature actually corresponds with the new rules. So I don't see why people are saying this. At any rate, you have nothing to worry about, you're within the limits Mr. Chesu.

ShinyZoruaGirl
November 21st, 2010, 08:01 AM
I should check if mine is all cheerfully good.

abnegation
November 21st, 2010, 08:03 AM
Your signature is within the limits buddy :]

Lyra.
November 21st, 2010, 05:11 PM
Is my signature within the limits?

abnegation
November 22nd, 2010, 12:25 AM
It is indeed Lyra, no need to worry.

BakingBluePotatoe
November 22nd, 2010, 10:17 AM
how about my sig, is it okay?

abnegation
November 22nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
as far as I'm concerned, your signature is fine. I don't think it's much of an issue to have scroll bars so long as there's not too much within it in the way of text and images. So try to keep the content concise.

msfan645
November 22nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Is my sig acceptable??? :p
Now?

abnegation
November 22nd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Far from it, I think you should read the rules. It's too tall and spoiler tags are not permitted in signatures. So yeah, please have a read over them before going back to work on your signature.

Enigma
November 22nd, 2010, 08:24 PM
I somehow feel like my signature is too large or something...check please? :3

Captain Riolu
November 22nd, 2010, 08:38 PM
Just checking. I read over everything, but it doesn't hurt to make sure.

Team Fail
November 22nd, 2010, 08:57 PM
How about mine? I'm unsure if the text at the bottom has it within limits now.

Forever
November 22nd, 2010, 09:00 PM
How about mine? I'm unsure if the text at the bottom has it within limits now.

Just checking. I read over everything, but it doesn't hurt to make sure.

I somehow feel like my signature is too large or something...check please? :3

All three of yours are within the limits~

Ambellina
November 23rd, 2010, 06:35 AM
@_@ just checking to see if mine is okay. I think I might need to take a line of text out -__-

Forever
November 23rd, 2010, 06:41 AM
@_@ just checking to see if mine is okay. I think I might need to take a line of text out -__-

Nope, it's fine as it is~

scizor007
November 23rd, 2010, 08:26 AM
I'm afraid mine might be a bit too big...or is it??

Guy
November 23rd, 2010, 09:40 AM
I'm afraid mine might be a bit too big...or is it??
It's too big buddy. :\

The image size is fine, but you're going to need to bring your text up, because the space between the image and text bypasses the width limit. That, and I'd also shift your text so it's like this.

Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number
of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
-The Bible

...because stretched out, it breaks the 600 pixel limit.

smile!
November 23rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
....Asking to make sure, is mine okay? Thanks :)

Jake♫
November 23rd, 2010, 06:12 PM
Just want to check if I'm within the limits still

bobandbill
November 23rd, 2010, 06:15 PM
smile! and Jake♫ - both signatures are fine.

cerulean15
November 23rd, 2010, 08:29 PM
Checking on my new sig...does it qualify?

bobandbill
November 23rd, 2010, 08:39 PM
cerulean15 - it's currently too wide due to having centred the picture but having the eggs on the right - but if you also centre the Pokemon/Egg sprites with the banner it'll be fine.

インフェルノの津波
November 23rd, 2010, 11:00 PM
Just checking if mine is valid with the text. I'll fix it later if I have to, cause I gotta go.

bobandbill
November 24th, 2010, 03:10 AM
インフェルノの津波 - it is within the limits.

destinedjagold
November 25th, 2010, 03:58 PM
New implemented rules regarding our signatures, huh?
Sounds nice.

Could any staff member be kind enough to check whether my signature's okay?

abnegation
November 25th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Your signature is perfectly within the limits there Destine, nothing to fret about.