PDA

View Full Version : Question: Where is PC's severs located?

PatJamma
November 18th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Curiosity killed this cat this time because I typed in PokeCommunity's IP address a site similar to google maps (but instead of typing street addresses you type in IP addresses) and on the map it said that PC's severs are in a parking lot! So basically I want to know is/are the server/s underground? or what?

Platinum Lucario
November 19th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Curiosity killed this cat this time because I typed in PokeCommunity's IP address a site similar to google maps (but instead of typing street addresses you type in IP addresses) and on the map it said that PC's severs are in a parking lot! So basically I want to know is/are the server/s underground? or what?

Lemme explain something to you, IP addresses don't tell the exact location of the place where the IP address comes from, it only tells you the location of the satelite tower. So yeah... that's why it doesn't show up correctly.

Rukario
November 19th, 2010, 12:44 AM
the PC server is in Houston, TX USA (our other sever is in Dallas, TX) we choose TX as its somewhat central to the USA as well as MX/South America and has good peering to the rest of the world.