PDA

View Full Version : New Problem: Ads within text while logged in?

Team Fail
November 22nd, 2010, 09:59 PM
Ok, so you know the ads that have blue or green underlines on some words, and when you hover over them or click, they give you something that usually isn't relevant? Well, I was just looking at the thread "LOGGERIFIC" in Celebrations, and on Hiiro's post, some of the words within his post had these ads while I was logged in. I know PC has these ads for guests, but why am I seeing them if I am logged in? It's the first time I have ever come across that and I find it odd. :\

And yes, my cookies were recently cleared, and I have no cache to clear as I am on the Wii Opera browser.

EDIT: I am now starting to find them all over PC. Even on this post, with the word "C-a-c-h-e" and "O-p-e-r-a B-r-o-w-s-e-r" above.

Rukario
November 22nd, 2010, 10:34 PM
apparently the ad script wasn't working properly and, after I asked them to check it, it appears to be working again.

Team Fail
November 22nd, 2010, 10:46 PM
Odd. It still isn't working for me. The word "A-v-a-t-a-t" in my sig has an ad, as well as the word "C-a-c-h-e" in that post, as well as the word "P-o-s-t-s" in my postbit. How long does it take for this to come back into effect?

Rukario
November 22nd, 2010, 11:12 PM
if you are seeing for 2 or 3 to 10 or so of those links per page (only on threads/posts) then it IS working.

Shirona
November 22nd, 2010, 11:36 PM
I don't even see these green hyperlink ads.

The Corrupt Plague
November 22nd, 2010, 11:45 PM
Ads? What ads? Ever since I found Zango hiding behind a Pokemon World Online banner when I first joined, I have been blocking all of them by default. They are too much of a security risk in my opinion to take a chance, plus I never click on banners anyway.

Team Fail
November 23rd, 2010, 11:46 AM
Ads? What ads? Ever since I found Zango hiding behind a Pokemon World Online banner when I first joined, I have been blocking all of them by default. They are too much of a security risk in my opinion to take a chance, plus I never click on banners anyway.

There isn't an ad blocker on the Wii Opera. And I thought those ads were only for guests. I know the ads that are at the tops and bottoms of pages go away after so much of donations, but I thought (always) that ads within the text were guest-only "features".

Cassino
November 23rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
if you are seeing for 2 or 3 to 10 or so of those links per page (only on threads/posts) then it IS working.
Was that a conscious decision on your and/or other staff's part to help with financing this site?
Just because, I've never seen any in-text ads before (while logged-in) in my entire time here.

Spinor
November 23rd, 2010, 01:09 PM

Are you implying that now we have Mouse-over text advertisements for members?

I don't see anything, and I don't think other supporters T1+ or 2+ do either. But since when has this been in place and why? Just wondering.

Team Fail
November 23rd, 2010, 03:21 PM
Are you implying that now we have Mouse-over text advertisements for members?

I don't see anything, and I don't think other supporters T1+ or 2+ do either. But since when has this been in place and why? Just wondering.

Yes, I am saying just that. I thought it was a bug or something.

Kevin
November 23rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
I've noticed it too but it's not that bothering to me. But the word: Credits in Team Fail's signature is an ad link. But then on another post of his it's not... So I dunno. But I don't mind it that much at all.