PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: YouTube video spoiler

Team Fail
November 28th, 2010, 12:12 AM
This idea came to me when I was using my Wii. Basically, if there is too many YouTube players on one page, the console runs out of memory, and won't let me view the page. My suggestion is that then the [youtube] tags are used, it generates a spoiler-like tag that prevents it from loading until opened, so it takes up less room. And, so it won't be annoying, you can disable it in the User CP so YouTube players load directly, without the hidey-tags (like how it is currently). Comments/questions/feedback?

JakeyBoy
November 28th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I suggested this on another forum and it got shot down. If that did happen, it would make more sense if, instead of just hiding the videos, it turned the youtube tags into link tags.

Out of interest, what threads do that to you? I've never had the problem here, because hardly anyone seems to post videos like that.

Team Fail
November 28th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I suggested this on another forum and it got shot down. If that did happen, it would make more sense if, instead of just hiding the videos, it turned the youtube tags into link tags.

Out of interest, what threads do that to you? I've never had the problem here, because hardly anyone seems to post videos like that.

In JE, there is a Japanese music thread, and it was on page 1.

Melody
November 29th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Well, I can certainly see the logic in adding an option you can tick in the UserCP that disables loading of youtube videos. Converting them to a link sounds useful too, especially for browsers which just doesn't support flash. (Typically any mobile device sadly)

Gumball Watterson
November 29th, 2010, 06:37 AM
1. Sounds too hard to program and unneeded by most people.
2. Why the hell are you using your Wii anyways >__> Get a laptop or something meant for browsing the internet.

aRedMoon
November 30th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I'd love this too. I'd love to be able to turn off the YouTube tag completely.