PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Movie 14 - BW Victini & Reshiram/Zekrom

Perrie ✿
November 29th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Serebii just announced that the 14th Pokemon movie named :

Vicinti and the Black Hero and is set for release on July 2011.

Kerudio the event Pokemon is going to make it's debut on the Pokemon screen aswell :D

So discuss who is the "Black Hero" What are your wild speculations.

After creating this I think its supposed to be in Episode discussion.

So can a MOD. Just move this to were it's supposed to be :)

mervyn797
November 29th, 2010, 01:41 AM
I was looking forward to this~
Is it just be or does Black Hero sound a bit odd? Dark Hero would have worked better, I guess.
The black hero might be Zoroark though.

Perrie ✿
November 29th, 2010, 01:47 AM
I hope it isn't Zoroark ;~; He's had a movie, take a break!

It may be Zekrom, I hope its Zek more that Zor.

mervyn797
November 29th, 2010, 02:03 AM
I completely forgot that Zoroark already had his movie... XD;;
That way, Zekrom is definitely a possibility.

SinisterEternity
November 29th, 2010, 02:35 AM
"Black Hero" ?

Hum...I don't know x3
I doubt it'll be Zoroark, but either Zekrom or Reshiram.
Reshiram being the mascot of Pokémon Black Version
But Zekrom is the Black coloured pokémon so...yeah, makes more sense. xD

Me thinks Zekrom is getting a lot more attention than Reshiram ;~;

AliceBlaze
November 29th, 2010, 02:36 AM
I can't wait until more info for this film is revealed. Victini is my favourite cute legendary.

QuietDragon
November 29th, 2010, 04:40 AM
The Zoroark in the last movie was a female, you guys.

She was a mother figure to Zorua, remember?

Perrie ✿
November 29th, 2010, 05:40 AM
The Zoroark in the last movie was a female, you guys.

She was a mother figure to Zorua, remember?

Even if she was Female, they wouldn't star that Pokemon in a brand new movie for being Male.

Gumball Watterson
November 29th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Caught this at SPPF a bit earlier >__>

The literal title is "Victini and the Black Hero", but "Black Hero" just means "Dark Hero". We don't want to get in any other aspects now do we?

Well, can't wait to see how Ash is going to save the word from destruction the 14th time.

Mew~
November 29th, 2010, 07:24 AM
This is real interesting, but the Black hero could just be a person not just a pokémon. Serebii also mentions that it could be about the Ledgendery pokémon Kerudio, i'll be hyped if it is, Kerudio is sooo cute.

mervyn797
November 29th, 2010, 07:54 AM
^ Quite true.
But Kerudio doesn't seem to be dark enough to me. http://veekun.com/dex/media/cropped-pokemon/647.png

So I too think the dark hero might be some human.

Meduza
November 29th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Maybe it's an evil Kerudio! O_O

We've seen almost everything else from genetically disfunctional Mewtwo, to fighting birds, to two seperated Dexoys, to everything else.

I would not be surprised.

Guy
November 29th, 2010, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Kerudio takes on a smaller role and is there simply for piece of the plot and the given event for Black and White. Black Hero might just be a person or Zekrom. Then in the next movie, we can have the White Hero (Reshiram).
Just my thoughts.

I like the title though; it gives it a dark touch.

MrsNorrington
November 29th, 2010, 07:21 PM
What's the reasoning behind thinking it's Kerudio? Just curious, everyone's been saying that, but I don't understand why.

I don't think it's Zekrom...both he and Reshiram are in the movie, they wouldn't single him out as the hero would they?

I have no idea who it is really.

But my (maybe biased) first thought was N. And then I did some googling and found that others speculate it to be him also.

Here's what pokebeach speculates: "Who could the hero be? The word for “hero” (英雄) is the same word used to constantly describe N in Black and White, so some people are speculating it is either him or the more obvious deduction, Zekrom. Since Pokemon names are always added to the titles later on, I would assume it’s a Pokemon if anything (like Victini and the Dark Hero: Zekrom). Of course, that’s just my personal speculation - we’ll find out the truth soon either way."

Bluerang1
November 30th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Black Hero/Black Person = Cool. Dark Hero/Black Person = Cool. Dark Hero/N = Cool. Dark Hero/Keldeo = NO!

It's too early for him to show up in the Anime. Then again, this series is "fast-paced".

However, I can see Keldeo with his own movie including the Musketeer Trio, sort of liek that Mickey Mouse one. So this "Dark Hero" is not him.

Mew~
November 30th, 2010, 12:38 PM
It's too early for him to show up in the Anime. Then again, this series is "fast-paced".
No it's not. We got a Zekrom in the first episode. Victini's also event and it's kinda been confirmed it's in the movie.

Vernikova
December 1st, 2010, 01:58 PM
A general discussion thread? On this site? Stuck in this sub-forum? It's a shame that you guys never learn from anything.

Anyway, the title is generic. It's not interesting at all and doesn't get me excited for anything.

Jmath
December 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM
What's the reasoning behind thinking it's Kerudio? Just curious, everyone's been saying that, but I don't understand why.

Because the stars of the movies are always event Pokemon. Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus etc.

Kenshin5
December 1st, 2010, 02:08 PM
A general discussion thread? On this site? Stuck in this sub-forum? It's a shame that you guys never learn from anything.

Anyway, the title is generic. It's not interesting at all and doesn't get me excited for anything.
^ My thoughts exactly since this isn't a episode. Unless they change the subforum to Episode & Movie discussion.

I really don't see Kerudio as the Dark Hero. If Kerudio would play a pivotal, I believe it would be with the other Musketeer Trio not in some sort of role in a movie staring Victini.

Jmath
December 1st, 2010, 02:36 PM
^ My thoughts exactly since this isn't a episode. Unless they change the subforum to Episode & Movie discussion.

I really don't see Kerudio as the Dark Hero. If Kerudio would play a pivotal, I believe it would be with the other Musketeer Trio not in some sort of role in a movie staring Victini.
It isn't the first time multiple unrelated legendaries are featured in a single movie. Giratina/Dialga/Shaymin/Regigigas anyone?

Vernikova
December 1st, 2010, 02:44 PM
^ I was actually just playing on the fact that general discussion threads aren't ever popular in this forum (Example? Um, this one.) and that making one is stupid in general. Of course you're right about the sub-forum thing too I guess.

Anyway, I don't see why that Pokémon, whatever the **** its name is, would be the star if it has other Pokémon in its group similar to Moltres, Entei, etc. Especially since there are seemingly many more legendary Pokémon this time around.

e: Also, the preview that aired was that black legendary thing centric. I don't know it's name but it challenges the blue horse thing idea.

Jmath
December 1st, 2010, 03:16 PM
Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIuiGm7Lep4&feature=player_embedded

Oh, and Zekrom couldn't be the Dark Hero since the title still isn't updated yet. All titles have a Pokemon name plastered into it at the end and it's always a "new" Pokemon.

Vernikova
December 1st, 2010, 03:34 PM
^ I enjoy how you keep repeating the same stuff over and over again as though no has read anything on the page before. All I said was that it challenged the idea.

Kenshin5
December 1st, 2010, 03:46 PM
He could have posted that before he saw your post, since we don't have the thing like phpBB were it alerts the poster of posts made while in the progress of posting. That aside if Kerudio was going to be featured I would think it would be in the preview instead of Zekrom, which indeed lends to the believe that the Black Hero is referring to Zekrom, not to mention his coloration supports the title.

Vernikova
December 2nd, 2010, 04:54 AM
I must agree with the guy Kenshin5 above me. Why would they keep this Pokémon a secret instead of showing it right there in the preview like they did with Darkrai? Actually, I don't remember if they showed Darkrai this quick so yeah.

Mew~
December 2nd, 2010, 07:56 AM
Filb.de has better quality:
http://www.filb.de/1442
Wow, I guess this proves Zekrom was the dark hero? I hope that GCI is in the actual movie, it looks amazing!

Oh, and Zekrom couldn't be the Dark Hero since the title still isn't updated yet. All titles have a Pokemon name plastered into it at the end and it's always a "new" Pokemon.
You can't base that on what occasionally happens, it doesn't happen all the time. I think(?) that that only happened in DP movies anyway. Where in Unova now...
Take a look at this poster:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1936/20101202poster.jpg
It goes along perfectly with the title. Victin and the Black hero (zekrom right behind victini)

Meduza
December 2nd, 2010, 08:05 AM
Here's the airings of each series' first episode and movie in Japan:

First Kanto Episode Aired: April 1, 1997
First Kanto Movie Premiered: July 18, 1998

First Orange Islands Episode Aired: February 4, 1999
First Orange Islands Movie Premiered: July 17, 1999

First Johto Episode Aired: October 14, 1999
First Johto Movie Premiered: July 8, 2000

First AG Episode Aired: November 21, 2002
First AG Movie Premiered: July 19, 2003

First D/P Episode Aired: September 28, 2006
First D/P Movie Premiered: July 14, 2007

So I think we still have quite the wait for this movie since the trend is almost a year of waiting.

Tachibana Azumi
December 2nd, 2010, 03:51 PM
^ ...did you perhaps not notice that ALL the movies air at July? How is that a "year of waiting"?

I'm not excited about this at all though. What "plot" would Victini and Zekrom bring? :C

Meduza
December 2nd, 2010, 03:59 PM
DID YOU PERHAPS NOT NOTICE I SAID "ALMOST A YEAR".

It's more than six months so it's almost a year.

Vernikova
December 2nd, 2010, 04:30 PM
Relative to 100 years, one month is almost a year so I win.

Anyway, the black think looks very cool in that poster. Very menacing and all that fancy ****. Hopefully it doesn't get the CGI treatment. The cat thing looks ridiculous though. The way it looks and everything makes me wonder how anyone would consider that thing a serious threat or anything.

Guy
December 2nd, 2010, 04:42 PM
Anyway, the black think looks very cool in that poster. Very menacing and all that fancy ****. Hopefully it doesn't get the CGI treatment. The cat thing looks ridiculous though. The way it looks and everything makes me wonder how anyone would consider that thing a serious threat or anything.
Black thing = Zekrom
cat thing = Victini

Both of these are the Japanese and English names of the Pokémon.

...and if the title is going to have a Pokémon's name at the end, then it can very well be "Victini and the Black Hero: Zekrom." If it turns out that way, then my guess is the next movie might be centered around Reshiram as the White Hero along with another Pokémon.

Makes me wonder if they're going in for another trilogy. /ponders

Just saw the preview though, and I think I just found a whole new level of likeness to Zekrom. His whole appearance was to put it simply, "epic." There's no better word to describe it than that.

Still, it leaves me curious on exactly what plot is going to be used to center around Zekrom and Victini. Truth be told, I thought Victini might have gotten its own movie.

Gumball Watterson
December 2nd, 2010, 04:43 PM
Filb.de has better quality:
http://www.filb.de/1442
Wow, I guess this proves Zekrom was the dark hero? I hope that GCI is in the actual movie, it looks amazing!

You can't base that on what occasionally happens, it doesn't happen all the time. I think(?) that that only happened in DP movies anyway. Where in Unova now...
Take a look at this poster:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1936/20101202poster.jpg
It goes along perfectly with the title. Victin and the Black hero (zekrom right behind victini)

Damn, that looks epic! I'm a gonna be hoping and praying. I'm also getting Spidey Sense! I know the plot of this movie will probably be pretty damn good.

Relative to 100 years, one month is almost a year so I win.

Except your win has no prize, not even a sense of prevailing in an argument, so your win is meaningless. Goodbye~

Vernikova
December 2nd, 2010, 05:04 PM
Damn, that looks epic! I'm a gonna be hoping and praying. I'm also getting Spidey Sense! I know the plot of this movie will probably be pretty damn good.

There's no such thing as a good plot in a Pokémon movie. I must prevent you from getting your hopes up too high before you become upset.

Except your win has no prize, not even a sense of prevailing in an argument, so your win is meaningless. Goodbye~

I have won: a response from you is my grand prize. Your response has a small value to it so I end up with having more than before.

Perrie ✿
December 3rd, 2010, 01:40 AM
That poster looks amazing, I can't wait for the newer trailers, that first one showed nothing except Zekrom going nuts and Vicinti gliding across water.

I want the movie now ;~; or at least some new information.

Jmath
December 3rd, 2010, 06:21 AM
The caption on the poster says "Who in the world is the dark hero?!"

See guys, the "Dark Hero" cannot be Zekrom.

mervyn797
December 3rd, 2010, 06:45 AM
I see the dark hero right behind Victini.

Jmath
December 3rd, 2010, 07:08 AM
I see the dark hero right behind Victini.
That thing is Zekrom btw. Why would the caption say that if it's right there?

Vernikova
December 3rd, 2010, 05:22 PM
To add a dramatic effect clearly.

Gumball Watterson
December 3rd, 2010, 05:25 PM
Right now, the obvious thing is that the "Dark Hero" is Zekrom. Of course, I see it perfectly fine to interpret what is said on the poster differently.

But honestly... does it really matter who the bloody hell is the Dark Hero? >__> We're getting a movie with nice CGI and Zekrom in it! If this had been revealed earlier it'd be something for me to have been thankful for last Thanksgiving.

TheFuturePokemon
December 3rd, 2010, 05:35 PM
Well I found this video of it.

irs61uGNTx8

Vernikova
December 3rd, 2010, 05:38 PM
Judging by that teaser, the CGI is as ugly as it has always been. Just because it's good by Pokémon standards but that doesn't make it good CGI.

Not at the above by the way.

Mew~
December 16th, 2010, 09:06 AM
CoroCoro have revealed the air date of the fourteenth movie, Victini and the Black Hero. It will released in Japanese theaters on:
July 16th, 2011
CoroCoro Scan:
http://sylphys.ddo.jp/upld2nd/manani2/src/1292319176976.jpg

Kynn Master
December 19th, 2010, 09:09 AM
As always, Ash, Iris and some character of the day will be the stars of the movie and Dent only in the background (this always happened to Brock, poor guy)

Fithboy
December 19th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Black Hero sounds a bit racist. I think they'll probably change the name in due course.

Mew~
December 19th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Black Hero sounds a bit racist. I think they'll probably change the name in due course.
How can that be racist? This is Black & White all over again. It's got "& the Black Hero" in it because Zekrom is Black.
That thing is Zekrom btw. Why would the caption say that if it's right there?
It is Zekrom. It says "Who in the world is the dark hero?!" Because it's a silhouette behind Victini, it's just fairly obvious to tell it's Zekrom for people who have seen the pokémon before.

Geoff_P1
December 21st, 2010, 04:33 PM
I knew the Japs were good at making stuff this quick but my god it's only taken them a year. It'll be awesome though I bet, besides, what has the Japs made that has been bad? Nothing, their cars are the best too!

Mew~
January 14th, 2011, 07:55 AM
The title has been updated! :D

Victini & The Dark Hero - Zekrom (ビクティニと黒き英雄ゼクロム)

Another thing serebii has stated:
However, despite this, with thanks to Sabonea Masukippa for translation, CoroCoro asks "What is Zekrom's connection to the Dark Hero?", indicating that there is still more to come. This movie is due for release in Japan on July 16th. To tie in with this, CoroCoro has also announced that Victini will be distributed knowing the special move V-Generate (http://serebii.net/attackdex-bw/v-generate.shtml) which previously could not be learned by any other Pokémon. Distribution details have yet to be announced. CoroCoro promises much more information on this new movie next month

Bluerang1
January 14th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Yeah, Pokejungle said that the Dark Here was Zekrom. But there's more? Really? So they'll be a Keldio and the White Hero? Nah, it'll star with its musketeers. So Meoletta and the Light Hero - Reshiram. And Kyurem gets a movie with Genosect or the Genie trio... And Genosect gets its own movie. But Teams aren't usually in movies and Genosect is connected with Team Plasma :\

Bluerang1
February 12th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hold up, two movies in one year? o_O

Various fan sites have published leaked scans of the upcoming CoroCoro magazine. It features a page that states both Victini and the Dark Hero: Zekrom, and Victini and the Light Hero: Reshiram, being released on July 16th.

What do you guys think of this? Two movies in one, maybe like Black and White themselves both same plot with different stories but both somehow connected to Victini? Discuss.

Anyway, yay! Reshiram gets a starring role =3

Kenshin5
February 12th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I don't know why they couldn't incorporate both of the legends into the movie. I hope the story lines are different and they just didn't make a separate movies with the same story line and a different legendary.

zlip
February 12th, 2011, 09:09 AM
i don't like it at all. Same name, same plot probably. It's all to make money. And they probaby could have, as Kenshin said, incorparated them both into one move and that way we have an epic fight scene

I'll take a shot at it and say Zekrom/Resh is framed for causing trouble and ash and Co. along with Vitinci have to prove they're inccocent while exposing a corrupt leader.

Regeneration
February 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Victini again? The first time I read that title for the second movie, I thought that it was fake. They should have come up a better title at least; this one sounds really bland after already having a movie with the title: Victini and the Dark Hero. :x

Kenshin5
February 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I don't think this rules out Reshiram and Zekrom appearing together in future movies, since I believe Dialga and Palkia were both featured in Movie 10 & 12. I agree on the point were it is a money grab. Especially if the stories are exactly the same or in close relation too the other movie.

Kirbychu
February 12th, 2011, 09:41 AM
This belongs in the episode forum.

I hope this isn't the second Unova movie. Maybe it will be a counterpart to the first one.

Theab95
February 12th, 2011, 09:45 AM
wow tow movies in one year I think the next movie will be called victini and the grey hero kuyrem.

Bluerang1
February 12th, 2011, 09:59 AM
How is this episode discussion? We're talking about a possible movie xD

Otherworld9)
February 12th, 2011, 10:04 AM
What's he trying to say is that this doesn't belong in this forum, it belongs in another pokemon forum having to do with Pokemon Movies or something of the sort...this forum is meant for groups only. It would make sense if you made a group out of Victini or the movies, but this is obviously not a group....as for the 2 movies, I'd rather combine both movies, or just release one movie one year and the next movie the next...not the 2 of them at the same time, come on, they are spoiling us now.

Kirbychu
February 12th, 2011, 10:28 AM
What's he trying to say is that this doesn't belong in this forum, it belongs in another pokemon forum having to do with Pokemon Movies or something of the sort...this forum is meant for groups only. It would make sense if you made a group out of Victini or the movies, but this is obviously not a group...
Actually, that was my mistake. While moving the thread I clicked Pokemon Groups instead of Episode Discussion. Don't worry, this will be sorted out soon enough. :P

How is this episode discussion? We're talking about a possible movie xD
Let's not be so literal. Movies and episodes are practically the same thing. They're really just longer episodes.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 12th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I hope it's more like movie 10 and 11's relationship instead of being the same story with different mascot legends...

Guy
February 12th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I totally called the title of "Something and the Light Hero: Reshiram" back when the first movie title was revealed months ago. n_n; I just didn't think they'd use Victini twice or have the movie come out together in the same year.

If it's for profit purposes, let's hope they're productive and actually differentiate the plot between the two movies. I don't see a lot of fans approving of two highly similar movies with the difference of Reshiram and Zekrom.

PearlShipper4Life
February 12th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I love the idea of having two films in one year, twice more the Ash FYI! I just hope they have some fun storylines here.

Gumball Watterson
February 12th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Interesting... two Pokemon movies in one year. Let's deduce some things.

First off, the story. Is it going to be the same story with different mascots? But one must raise the question: Would ANY production company have the negative IQ or even the balls to do such thing? Think about it in terms of the credibility of the production company and even in terms of money, and therefore employment. Either they would have to get their creativity in and create two entirely different stories/time-lines to prevent negative feedback from creating a radical effect that can go as deep as employment status of a matter of dozens.

And now on to the next question: Are these movies continuations and therefore in parts, or are these movies alternate time-lines to each other?

In the games, remember that Black City and White Forest exist depending on your version in the exact same location and time. There are also other different elements that go beyond basic Pokemon differences. How can this difficulty be overcome? The only options are either Coexistence or Alternate Time-lines. For the case of coexistence, the movies would more than likely be continuations. For the case of Alternate Time-lines, it is only possible for these movies to do just that. It is too early to tell which one is true.

I do believe that alternate time-lines is the possibility. Why? All the movies have tended to go on about and the anime continues as if nothing ever happened. This makes alternate time-lines easier with the expense that neither movie can ever be referenced to again. Maybe besides future movies if the same time-line split is committed. Or if some freakish time/space continuum disaster happens in which the two alternate time-lines somehow become coexistent in the same canon.

One more thing, if you haven't gotten a clue by now. These movies will more likely than not involve Black City and White Forest. That would be a strong enough motive to create two different movies.

I will remember someday...that 2011 was...

About three I was absolutely positive:

First, Victini was a telepathy Pokemon.

Second, there was a part of it–and I didn’t know how dominant that part might be-that thirsted for Ash to save the world again like in the past 14 movies without a scratch and probably be revived from his death.

And Third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with Iris.

Kibagorules!
February 12th, 2011, 06:03 PM
NUUU!!!
I <3 Zekrom!!
No im not the other word for happy and then the other synonym for the other word for happy!!
Why?No gender!Why no Zekrom!
And they should have made one with Colbeon Virizeon and Terrakion!

Silver25
February 12th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I highly doubt the movies will have the same story line. They'll most likely be different yet intertwine somehow (I mean both Legendaries were one pokemon at one point, how can they not?). I am interested to see if this trend continues AND is they add the Musketeer Trio somehow in these two. Or if they simply will get their own movie or stay in the anime.

de_darkrai
February 12th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Hope that the story will be diff coz if it's the same,it sucks.

BTW,all of the movies are related isn't it?

Silver25
February 13th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Hope that the story will be diff coz if it's the same,it sucks.

BTW,all of the movies are related isn't it?

They are not canon to the tv show (with the exception of Pokrmon 2000). They are also not related besides the main characters, but the first 3 movies in the Sinnoh saga of movies were related (The Rise of Darkrai, Giratina & The Sky Warrior, and Arceus and the Jewel of Life).

The first two basically set-up the third while each having their own storyline which is what I am thinking will happen with these upcoming Black & White movies. What is a little confusing is that both feature Victini in the title so it will be interesting to see what it's connection to all of this is. And not to mention the downloadable Kerudio which makes it seem as though it will be featured in the movie(s) in some way. And that to me makes it seem like the Musketeer Trio will make an appearance somehow as well considering Kerudio is basically the unofficial 4th member of the Trio.

A lot of information to speculate with but not enough to confirm anything.

Mew~
February 13th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Considering it hasn't been posted here yet, heres a little scan:
http://pokebeach.com/news/0211/victini-and-the-light-hero-reshiram.jpg

Kirbychu
February 13th, 2011, 09:37 AM
They are not canon to the tv show (with the exception of Pokrmon 2000). They are also not related besides the main characters, but the first 2 movies in the Sinnoh saga of movies were related (The Rise of Darkrai, Giratina & The Sky Warrior, and Arceus and the Jewel of Life).

You cannot prove that. There is actually a lot of evidence pointing to the movies being canon. If anything, Pokemon 2000 isn't canon because Ash never recognized an Articuno after that.

Movie 1: Over the course of a couple episodes Mewtwo was seen breaking out of the lab and battle footage at Giovanni's gym can be seen. Furthermore, the film used footage of the amazing Gary Oak battling Mewtwo.
Movie 5: Ash immediately recognized Latios in the Sinnoh League. The only time Ash met one of those was in this movie.
Movie 7: LaRousse city is Drew's hometown.
Movie 8: Ash's aura abilities from here have been mentioned in a few episodes.
Movie 10: Dawn bought a Lunar Wing in the movie that later appears in the normal anime.

There's more evidence for the movies being canon than not.

Right now I'm expecting this to be the second Unova movie. We'll probably get another trilogy again. They're being released so close together though, so maybe they'll both be short. <_>

Silver25
February 13th, 2011, 10:25 AM
You cannot prove that. There is actually a lot of evidence pointing to the movies being canon. If anything, Pokemon 2000 isn't canon because Ash never recognized an Articuno after that.

Movie 1: Over the course of a couple episodes Mewtwo was seen breaking out of the lab and battle footage at Giovanni's gym can be seen. Furthermore, the film used footage of the amazing Gary Oak battling Mewtwo.
Movie 5: Ash immediately recognized Latios in the Sinnoh League. The only time Ash met one of those was in this movie.
Movie 7: LaRousse city is Drew's hometown.
Movie 8: Ash's aura abilities from here have been mentioned in a few episodes.
Movie 10: Dawn bought a Lunar Wing in the movie that later appears in the normal anime.

There's more evidence for the movies being canon than not.

Right now I'm expecting this to be the second Unova movie. We'll probably get another trilogy again. They're being released so close together though, so maybe they'll both be short. <_>

First off, Pokemon 2000 is canon. While in the Whirl Islands Ash mentions he met a Lugia in the Orange Islands a while back. Yes there is the DUB error with him implying he has never seen an Articuno.

Second, I haven't seen a few of them in a LONG time so I don't remember every single detail in the movies For example:

-I didn't know about Dawn and the Lunar Wing.
-I thought there was one more instance where Ash met a Latios. There isn't so my mistake.
-I remember Drew was from LaRousse city, but I don't remember if it was ever mentioned in the tv show.
-I'd have to watch the Riolu episode to hear exactly what was said about Ash's aura abilities in the tv series.
-As for Mewtwo vs Gary, I do remember that it just slipped my mind.

So they ARE canon to the tv series - my mistake.

Satoshi Ookami
February 13th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I somehow feel that it will be double movie...
For example it could be double programm in cinemas and it could be on two-sided DVD/Blue-Ray.
But those are my thoughts :)

Bluerang1
February 13th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Lol Kirbychu. But then, perhaps change the section title?

I think we all had that idea Hiiro. I was even thinking it'd be Meoletta and the Light Hero: Reshiram.

You're right AK47, it should be based on Black City and White Forest, it's just odd that they are coming out at the same time. All I want to know is why Victini is #000 in the Unova Dex, which the movies should reveal to us. I can't wait to see them, but that'll be next year.

Guy
February 13th, 2011, 12:25 PM
All I want to know is why Victini is #000 in the Unova Dex, which the movies should reveal to us. I can't wait to see them, but that'll be next year.
The anime never really specified on a Pokémon's place number in the PokéDex did it?

I don't really see the anime explaining why Victini is listed as #000, but they'll probably explain why it has a connection with both Zekrom and Reshiram. Personally, I think Victini's placement on the PokéDex was just an idea stirred up by GameFreak to have the fans guessing, seeing as it's never been done before. They wanted to change up a few things this generation, and so they did.

Silver25
February 13th, 2011, 01:59 PM
There is also the possibility that this whole "Two Movies at the Same Time" thing is a marketing ploy. It may be that both are really one single movie containing both Zekrom and Reshiram. I mean they never really revealed reliable information on any of the movies to begin with in my opinion. For example: the Zoroark movie was originally Pokemon Z or Trainer Z or something like that. And they used clips that weren't even in the movie at all. So that is one possibility.

And to go along with that, there are so many legendaries this Gen that they have plenty of different options for more movies within the Black and White series.

Bluerang1
February 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM
OMG it actually the same movie with two different plots -_-; According to March's CoroCoro anyway. Wow, I want to see how this plays out xD

Anyway, from PokeBeach:
The first scan reveals that there will be two versions of this summer's Pokemon movie: Victini and the Dark Hero: Zekrom and Victini and the Light Hero: Reshiram. The magazine does not specify what it means by "version," but we can probably assume the movies will be like the video games where they share the same general plot with only some superficial differences (such as the Legendary Pokemon "Hero" that appears). The Pokemon movie website will update tomorrow, so perhaps it will elaborate more about the different "versions" and the level of differences between the two.

The first scan also announces that fans will be able to vote for either a Unova Pokemon (the 153 known species, including Victini), a Pikachu, or a Meowth. Starting June 15th, players will be able to download the winner to their games.

The second scan, which is a blown-up version of the first, says "For the first time ever, there are two versions of the movie!! There are also two versions of the poster! Which one do you think will make a better movie?" Children can draw their version of either the Victini and the Dark Hero: Zekrom poster or the Victini and the Light Hero: Reshiram poster. The winning fanart for each movie will be printed as a real movie poster and will also be featured in its movie. Furthermore, the two artists who win will be given small voice roles in their respective movie.

The third scan states that the Victini which patrons can download at the movie theaters will come holding a Fire Jewel, inside a Cherish Ball, and with a Wish Ribbon. As revealed previously, the Victini will know V-Generate.

The fifth scan states that between February 15th and March 14th, players of Black and White will be able to download a Zorua Zoroark over the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. This Zoroark comes with the special move Bark Out. The page illustrates how if you breed the Zoroark with Ditto, you'll get a Zorua with Bark Out as well.

Silver25
February 14th, 2011, 02:48 PM
OMG it actually the same movie with two different plots -_-; According to March's CoroCoro anyway. Wow, I want to see how this plays out xD

Anyway, from PokeBeach:

Very interesting. I'm excited to see how this plays out. I figure it makes perfect sense that they are the same movie considering Reshiram's and Zekrom's shared history. It's also possible that the whole "once being one single pokemon" will be tied in somehow.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 14th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Ah I was hoping it was an alternate time/realm thing...not different version of the same story...

Gumball Watterson
February 15th, 2011, 04:57 AM

Technically, the similarity in plot qualifies it for a split timeline movie. There really aren't any Other possibilities.

Now... All that's left is to make sense of how this is going to work out...

Guy
February 15th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Hmm, I was so focused on how they're going to make these two double-feature films work - especially now, I forgot about how Team Rocket's new personalities will fit into these movies. Usually, they're the jokers that get wacked on, but now they're all so serious about their business it makes me think differently.

Regeneration
February 15th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I am slightly disappointed to know that both movies are going to have a similar plot. =\ We'll just have to wait and watch how the writers work this out, but I highly doubt whether the two movies can be thrilling enough. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that the quality of Pokemon movies has been falling ever since the DP saga.

As for the plot, I can't make much sense out of it as of now, but here's it for ready reference:
In it, Ash, Iris & Cilan go to the Harvest Festival in Aintork, an area of Unova and Victini appears. However, from there, the movies differ as Zekrom appears after seeing a person looking for a strong ideal while Reshiram appears after seeing someone who is looking for the truth. We'll get further details as the time goes up until the launch of the movies in July.-Sourced off Serebii

Meduza
February 15th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I find this a complete rip off.

Next there'll be three movies...

yossarian
February 15th, 2011, 08:12 AM
This will either prove to be a masterstroke, a revolutionary bit of film-making or just pure money generating rubbish.

Erufuun
February 15th, 2011, 12:56 PM
The way I see it, double the Victini cannot be all that bad~ <333
But I am certainly interested in seeing how this will play this out. I hope they won't be too similar.

vaporeon7
February 15th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I hope they can pull it off. Hopefully it won't seem like we watch the same thing twice. At least it will certainly be interesting.

Kirbychu
February 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I figure that the two movies can be discussed in the same thread, so I merged the Light Hero thread with the Dark Hero one.

Two different versions of the same movie? I called it.

Forever
February 15th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I like the idea of the movies starting off the same and then changing. Maybe the lighting/music will be different in both at the start so you can differentiate between the two and get a feel of both movies being different. That's just imo though, but I sense the Zekrom movie seeming darker, whereas the Reshiram one being lighter. I think they'll be able to make both movies awesome. :x /wants to see Zekrom one

fenyx4
February 16th, 2011, 05:43 PM
They are not canon to the tv show (with the exception of Pokrmon 2000). They are also not related besides the main characters, but the first 3 movies in the Sinnoh saga of movies were related (The Rise of Darkrai, Giratina & The Sky Warrior, and Arceus and the Jewel of Life).

Gwah? To invalidate Mewtwo Strikes Back just like that? I'm personally of the opinion that all movies are canon, but if it were restricted to one, Mewtwo Strikes Back is way more canon than The Power of One, as awesome a movie as it is.

The anime never really specified on a Pokémon's place number in the PokéDex did it?

I don't really see the anime explaining why Victini is listed as #000, but they'll probably explain why it has a connection with both Zekrom and Reshiram. Personally, I think Victini's placement on the PokéDex was just an idea stirred up by GameFreak to have the fans guessing, seeing as it's never been done before. They wanted to change up a few things this generation, and so they did.

Ugh...that's one of the changes of Generation 5 I dislike. Putting it right at the beginning like that implies that it was the first Unova Pokemon discovered, and yet it is still a "Legendary/Mythical" Pokemon just like the ones near the end of the Unova PokeDex. And if any Pokemon is getting #000, I'd prefer that it be this guy:

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4696050/MISSINGNO-SAYS-YOU-CATCH-ME-YOU-FAIL.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=MissingNo

I'm just thankful that Victini's National PokeDex number isn't #000 - that would be even worse.

LOL...so now the writers are pulling One Movie For The Price Of Two (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OneGameForThePriceOfTwo)... :cer_laugh:

I don't know why they couldn't incorporate both of the legends into the movie. I hope the story lines are different and they just didn't make a separate movies with the same story line and a different legendary.

The idea of two movies is interesting, but the fact that they share the same plot is a major downer. Two radically different plots would have been great; otherwise I'd rather the writers just combine both of the main Tao Dragons into one movie. Two versions of the "same" game is one thing, but two movies might be even worse. I'm reminded of the Power Rangers SPD episode Perspective, which essentially repeated the same footage five times in the span of 20 minutes. Watching movies takes quite a while, so I really hope the differentiation is worth it.

Finally, I'm a bit annoyed that they waited until now to unveil the idea of two counterpart BW movies. I'll excuse it if the writers were undecided on the route they were taking with the story back when Victini and the Black Hero: Zekrom, but if they've had the idea since then, I feel that it's blatant favoritism toward Zekrom, who somewhat has a headstart of sorts. I don't see the point in delaying the announcement of Reshiram's movie; just announce them both simultaneously.

On the other hand, I'm glad Reshiram is actually getting a movie! :D Now it's not so one-sided as I previously thought - Reshiram just needs a TV episode appearance, and the number of appearances of Reshiram and Zekrom will be "equal".

Oh, and I love what the developers did with the 14th movie website (http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/index.html)! I was in a computer lab at a Mac earlier, and I went to the site not knowing that Reshiram and Zekrom would announce their presence. Cue the Black and White Pokemon's roars resonating throughout the room. :cer_laugh: I felt it was pretty cool, though, and I hope the American website does the same thing. :)

Silver25
February 16th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Gwah? To invalidate Mewtwo Strikes Back just like that? I'm personally of the opinion that all movies are canon, but if it were restricted to one, Mewtwo Strikes Back is way more canon than The Power of One, as awesome a movie as it is.

If you kept on reading you'd see that I corrected this.

fenyx4
February 17th, 2011, 12:31 AM
If you kept on reading you'd see that I corrected this.

My mistake; looks like I skimmed over the correction. :( Sorry.

TheFuturePokemon
February 18th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Looks like I found a picture.
http://i55.tinypic.com/2q8ro5t.jpg

Satoshi Ookami
February 19th, 2011, 12:30 AM
If it's truth then OH YEAH! Reshiram is on Satoshi's side!
I was hoping to see Satoshi as the one Reshiram's searching for. =)

Bluerang1
February 27th, 2011, 11:28 AM
More movie 14 stuff courtesy of PokeBeach:

http://pokebeach.com/news/0211/reshiram-zekrom-movies.jpg
---
It seems Victini and the Black Hero: Zekrom and Victini and the White Hero: Reshiram won't be simple carbon copies of each other. According to Searchina News, the two movies will diverge at some point in their plots, which will lead to different endings. The full translation of the Searchina news story is below courtesy of Bangiras. What other differences will we see in these movies?

Black and White, what will you do?

The 14th Pokemon movie, “Best Wishes: Victini and the Dark Hero Zekrom” has already been announced for a release this summer on July 16th. However, on the 14th it was announced that “Light Hero Reshiram” is also in the works and will be released on the same day. How the screening will be handled is still unknown, but this screening is an experiment and a historical first for Japanese animé. People are wondering how ticket prices will be affected and if the runtime and contents of each film will be shortened.

It appears that the contents of each movie will be different, with “Dark Hero Zekrom” featuring people in pursuit of dreams and “Light Hero Reshiram” featuring people in pursuit of truth. The protagonist is once again Ash, and along with Pikachu he enters a Pokemon tournament at a harvest festival in the town of Aind Oak, a town called “home to the people of the earth." There they meet Victini, who’s known as the Victory Pokemon. From that point, as in the Pokemon Black and White video games, the stories diverge and each one moves towards a different ending. Which ending occurs will ultimately be determined by all of you.

The official Japanese Pokemon website also released a press release which has some additional minor information about the two movies. Translations again are courtesy of Bangiras. "Which one will you see?" Oh yeah like you guys only want us to see one.

In addition to the previously announced title of this year’s movie, “Victini and the Dark Hero Zekrom," we’re also announcing the title of a second film, “Victini and the Light Hero Reshiram!" That’s right, this year’s Pokemon movie is two films! Better yet, they’re coming out on the same day! In addition, our “Pikachu the Movie” logo has also been powered up to show that there are two films - the word “DUAL” has been attached to the posters! Zekrom represents the “darkness of dreams” and Reshiram represents the “light of truth." This summer, which one will you see?
---

The people of earth sound very interesting. Maybe they'll do an elemental thing for the next movies. One with the people of water? xD But yeah, they sound interesting and mysterious.

Also, what do they mean by "which one will you see"? Of course people will want and see both.

Zekrom represents the “darkness of dreams” and Reshiram represents the “light of truth." - Nice :D

I do wonder how CN will show this when they air it. Perhaps back-to-back? I'm pretty sure the DVD will be two separate releases though.

Mew~
February 27th, 2011, 11:32 AM
^ I would actually much rather see a two disk edition with both movies on DVD first then having CN air and most probably mess with it first. :P

Gumball Watterson
February 27th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Oy if only rep was still here ^__^

"Rep this post if you're watching BOTH movies!"

But yeah, I'll be watching both movies, but I think my main interest will be watching the Zekrom movie first.

Oh, and I called alternate plots and timelines :D I win

Bluerang1
February 27th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I repped your post... or at least commented on it that I did xP

We all saw the alternative timeline thing :P

Ah good point, I'll be interested in seeing the Reshiram movie first.

Why did they announce the Zekrom movie first, hmmm....

Mew~
March 2nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
A special mini-version of CoroCoro magazine, CoroCoro SP, was released in Japan yesterday; inside is a tear-out "countdown poster" for the two Victini movies. In the top center, you can see a man with black and white hair, a woman wearing a red hat, and the Pokemon Hydreigon, Reuniclus, Golurk, and Gothitelle. What do you want to make a bet that the man is the bad guy and that Gothitelle will only appear in one movie while Reuniclus will only appear in the other? Thanks goes to AAPF (http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2011/03/pokemon-movie-14th-info-corocoro.html) for the scan and Viper.Fox for the heads up!
http://pokebeach.com/news/0311/movie-14-characters.jpg
I guess the main Villan for the movie is the guy at the top.

Bluerang1
March 2nd, 2011, 10:01 AM
LOL! While I waited for the page to load so I could edit my post, you already posted the scan.

I don't like the villain's hair. The shape not the colour, the colour's great. That's all really. Even th Pokemon are version exclusive ie. Reunclus and Gothetele or whatever. I hope we can download the guys Hydreigon as an event Pokemon! :D

Perrie ✿
March 2nd, 2011, 10:27 AM
I don't like the look of the girl; she looks like Gothitelle \: and that just's weird.

Bluerang1 Hydreigon won't be an event since it's not really a necessary Pokemon.

Why Golurk and Hydre though \: I mean yeah Goth and Reun are opposites for versions but Hydre is found in both versions whilst Golurk is found in White, they should have the opposite to Golurk instead >:(

PearlShipper4Life
March 2nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
I'm glad they didn't leave Dento out of the posters, in the D/P ones they only had Ash/Dawn in it sso hurray. I'm excited for these films.

Kenshin5
March 3rd, 2011, 02:04 AM
The website for the two Victini movies - Victini and the Dark Hero: Zekrom and Victini and the Light Hero: Reshiram - has just updated with basic plot and character information as well as with the trailer that aired on Oha Suta a few hours ago. The character page reveals that the male lead character, Dread, will have different clothes in each movie because in Zekrom he travels in the wilderness whereas in Reshiram he travels in a tundra. The movies will also feature a different child in each, with a girl in Zekrom and a boy in Reshiram; wanna make a bet they're linked to the main Legendaries (maybe they even are the Legendaries)? As we already knew, some Pokemon will be exclusive to each movie depending on which you see. Bangiras has translated all of the information below. So far, the plot sounds like a mix between the Lucario and Arceus movies with a dash of Manaphy.
Ash, Pikachu, Iris, and Cilan, who are traveling through the Unova region, arrive at Aind Oak, a town with a sprawling castle at its center called the "Earth's Sword." This town once flourished as the "Kingdom of the People of the Earth," but has now fallen into decline. Ash and friends participate in a battle in celebration of Aind Oak's harvest festival. There, they meet and befriend Victini, a mythical Pokemon who can gift a mysterious power to humans and Pokemon. Dread Grangil, a descendant of the People of the Earth who wishes to restore the kingdom, schemes to use Victini's power to move the "Earth’s Sword," but as a result, Aind Oak will be engulfed in horrific disasters. If he accomplishes his goal, will Ash and his friends be able to save the town from crisis? And what of Victini's fate? Add to this the mystery of Zekrom and Reshiram, and you'll be awed by the greatest adventure in the history of Pokemon!

Dread: A descendant of the People of the Earth. He hopes to restore the "Kingdom of the People of the Earth," so he's journeying through the country and the wilds in search of the scattered remnants of the Earth's People.
Sayd (Exclusive to Zekrom): A little girl who's a descendant of the People of the Earth. She lives in the wilderness, far from the old kingdom.
Ohdo (Exclusive to Reshiram): A little boy who's a descendant of the People of the Earth. He lives in the tundra, far from the old kingdom.
Carlita: Dread's little sister. She lives in Aind Oak. She participates in the battle in celebration of the harvest festival. She uses a Hydreigon.
Janta: Dread's mother. She knows the story of Victini that's handed down by the People of the Earth.
Mormont: Aind Oak's mayor. He knows the story of Victini that's handed down by the People of the Earth (Okay so what is it movie website?!). He organizes the battle in celebration of the harvest festival.
Victini: A mythical Pokemon that Ash and company meet in Aind Oak. It's cowardly and usually hides, but it's said that when there's a person or Pokemon it likes, it sneakily gives them its mysterious power. It loves treats called macaroons.
Zekrom (Exclusive to Zekrom): A Pokemon called a legend. It will reveal itself for the first time when it recognizes a strong-hearted person who pursues "dreams."
Reshiram (Exclusive to Reshiram): A Pokemon called a legend. It will reveal itself for the first time when it recognizes a strong-hearted person who pursues "truth."
Hydreigon: Carlita's Pokemon. Will it do well in the harvest festival competition?!
Golurk: Janta's Pokemon. It helps out at the souvenir shop that Janta runs.
Reuniclus (Exclusive to Zekrom): Dread's partner Pokemon. It travels through the wilderness with Dread.
Gothitelle (Exclusive to Reshiram): Dread's partner Pokemon. It travels through the tundra with Dread.

http://pokebeach.com/news/0311/new-victini-poster.jpg

http://pokebeach.com/news/0311/victini-movies-website-characters.jpg

http://pokebeach.com/news/0311/victini-movies-website-characters-2.jpg
Source : Pokebeach

Bluerang1
March 3rd, 2011, 07:32 AM
Ah ok you've already posted it. It's an interesting concept, they say it's the greatest Pokemon adventure yet, it must be really good then. So that's why Victini is #000 in the Regional Dex, it was the first Unova Pokemon, I guess. I look forward to watching this, next year Dx And the characters look different, more American showing that Unova is based outside Japan, which we know (New York geographically, the United States as a whole culturally).

Kirbychu
March 3rd, 2011, 06:22 PM
http://pokebeach.com/news/0311/victini-movies-website-characters.jpghttp://pokebeach.com/news/0311/victini-movies-website-characters-2.jpg
Why is the main cast always significantly shorter than everyone else? The little girl's almost as tall as Ash. At least Dento's reasonably tall. Brock was about 15 years-old but still shorter than almost everyone the heroes met.

Also, there's a Team Rocket button. That should count for something, right?

TheFuturePokemon
March 3rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Does all these pictures mean that Oshawott,Tepig,Snivy won't/if evolve till after july

Darthrai
March 3rd, 2011, 07:41 PM
Even though I don't follow the anime, it'll tick me off to no end if the girl turns out to be Zekrom and the boy turns out to be Reshiram, as Pokebeach suggested. It's much more likely that the girl is the human in search of "dreams" and the boy is the human in search of "truth", but you never know what they're going to throw at you.

Not only would it be a ridiculous concept, but it would be just embarassing if it turns out that that big, badass Darth Vader of a dragon embodies itself as a little girl younger than Ash. (Not to mention that that would confirm Zekrom as a "feminine" Pokémon - I know that yin is supposed to be feminine and yang is supposed to be masculine, but if the developers really wanted to follow that theme then why was Zekrom designed as the "manly" one and Reshiram the "ladylike" one?)

Again, unlikely but possible - unlikely because the movie's producers would probably know that such an idea would damage Resh and Zek's popularity, and thus, marketing potential.

ZeroX5
March 4th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Looks to be an interesting movie. Then again the trailers make most of th movies look good, however only a few of them have been actually good IMO.

countryemo
March 4th, 2011, 12:00 PM
If nobodys seen the trailer yet:
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/

This looks quite good, I cant wait really, even more then previous
though I dont see much major difference, I cant wait to see what they do :P

Meduza
March 5th, 2011, 04:43 PM
http://oi55.tinypic.com/20j5zcg.jpg (http://oi55.tinypic.com/20j5zcg.jpg)

Did anyone think of Cruella De Vil as soon as you saw Dread Grangil?

Bluerang1
March 6th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Nice trailer. I like the part with Ash and Reshiram/Zekrom.

YouTube link (http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ungns-5O3x8). It's allowed right?

QuietDragon
March 6th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Dr. Black Jack called and he wants his hair colour back.

http://i.imgur.com/9llFV.png

Or at least pay royalties.

Also, the tiny girl with the big hat is adorable-looking!

I love the designs in this film, from what we've seen so far. <3

EDIT: Cruella DeVille does seem to be an even closer match!

PearlShipper4Life
March 6th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Sweet, trailer hopefully keeps a lot of the things shown, I remember how excited I was when I saw evil Ash fighting some Pokemon than that got cut. Well any ways, looks like Iris and Dento don't really do much in either of these films as thought since these are the first Best Wishes films and this series is more about Ash well. I look forward to them.

Mew~
April 14th, 2011, 12:32 AM
A new tailer has been uploaded onto the official website, you can watch it there;
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/trailer/

Looks like both Reshiram and Zekrom will be able to talk, but probably only through telepathy...
I think a female voice would have been better for Reshiram. :P

I lol'd at Iris and Dento near the end "IT'S MOVIE TIMMMMEEEEE!!!"

TheFuturePokemon
May 5th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Spoiler of Ash vs couple of trainers.

http://i54.tinypic.com/dxz0bb.png

PearlShipper4Life
May 5th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Bet that's the begining of the film, either way looks like fun.

Mew~
May 15th, 2011, 11:17 PM
In case there was any doubt, it seems Ash WILL capture Reshiram/Zekrom. The movie giveaways, according to Pokémon Smash, have the OT of the Reshiram/Zekrom you get as; サトシ as in Satoshi
Well this is a little interesting, I guess Satoshi may catch each one in each movie. Though it will probably only be temporarily.

Nameless.
May 16th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Well this is a little interesting, I guess Satoshi may catch each one in each movie. Though it will probably only be temporarily.
Oh dang! That is just like the games! They really are going all out this season, aren't they?

I still want to know how Reshiram and Zekrom tie into this storyline... and when a new trailer will be out. It's been a month or so since the last one! D:

Maybe the captured dragon helps get Victini back from mister skunk hair? That cry of pain from Victini was... so heart wrenching... I haven't even seen this movie yet and I already wanna destroy that bad guy. >:O

Kirbychu
June 24th, 2011, 11:16 AM
We have some more pictures.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l124/GARNGAG/1308933759131.png

Kirbychu
June 24th, 2011, 11:16 AM

Pansage vs. Hydreigen?

Tepig vs. SAMUROTT?

What are they thinking? xD

And why is Scraggy staring at Ash's butt?

Satoshi Ookami
June 24th, 2011, 11:26 PM
That made my day xD xD xD xD xD xD

Anyways Satoshi is on Reshiram's back and against Zekrom? This might be interesting o.O =)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 29th, 2011, 05:51 PM

Pansage vs. Hydreigen?

Pignite vs. SAMUROTT?

You mean Tepig. Evolutions and or size of a Pokemon does not matter all the time. You would be surprised at the results, but I have no idea why Ash would throw a Tepig in there and not Snivy unless Snivy is in the PC or already has fainted.

:t354:TG

Mew~
June 30th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Filb.de have gotten the new 14th movie trailer that aired after BW40 today uploaded, so check it out here:
http://www.filb.de/1573

Kirbychu
June 30th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Ah, Ash cheats again. -.-

Oh well, this time it was unintentional.

Tyrantrum
July 16th, 2011, 12:55 AM
After watching the trailer filb.de put up about a million times, Ash apparently dies...? I really want to see this movie, because I want to see how they play that out. The only time I think Ash has ever really "died" was the first Pokémon movie, and now this.

Aura Vitae
July 16th, 2011, 04:35 AM

Pansage vs. Hydreigen?

Tepig vs. SAMUROTT?

I thought scraggy was staring at Ash's arm. As for the whole match ups thing Ash has been known to do that a few times in previous seasons and win the match. I didn't think Dent would actually do the same thing with Pansage though. Dent is a Gym Leader though so he must have a plan with that mismatched battle.

Satoshi Ookami
July 16th, 2011, 05:37 AM
After watching the trailer filb.de put up about a million times, Ash apparently dies...? I really want to see this movie, because I want to see how they play that out. The only time I think Ash has ever really "died" was the first Pokémon movie, and now this.
Ash's gonna "die"?! Awesome! I can't wait to see it!
It's good to see him "die" those afterscenes are pretty awesome for pokemon anime =)

Bluerang1
July 17th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Summary is up on fan sites!

Cilan's basket, R/S remake hints? :D

Darthrai
July 19th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Who would you pick for English VA's for Reshiram and Zekrom in the English dubs of the Victini movies?

Personally, I'd like to see Peter Cullen as Reshiram and Hugo Weaving as Zekrom (though it would probably be difficult for TPCi to get their hands on them). Their voices fit together really well in the Transformers movies as arch-enemies that are nonetheless very similar to each other - which would be ideal for the Tao dragons - and their voices seem deep enough to be similar enough to the Japanese seiyuu.

Mew~
July 19th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I honestly don't mind, since it's probably just going to be strangely pitched roars. (They don't talk as far as I'm aware)

I don't think TPCI would go as far as to contact Peter Cullen and Hugo Weaving for noises, since well, I'm sure someone would be able to sound familiar to it, I wouldn't be suprised if they left them the as in the japanese version.

If i'm wrong and they can telepathically talk or something, maybe someone like Crispin Freeman as Zekrom, and Gail Webster as Reshiram.

Darthrai
July 19th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I honestly don't mind, since it's probably just going to be strangely pitched roars. (They don't talk as far as I'm aware)

I don't think TPCI would go as far as to contact Peter Cullen and Hugo Weaving for noises, since well, I'm sure someone would be able to sound familiar to it, I wouldn't be suprised if they left them the as in the japanese version.

If i'm wrong and they can telepathically talk or something, maybe someone like Crispin Freeman as Zekrom, and Gail Webster as Reshiram.

From the various trailers, it looks like they can both talk telepathically in the movie, and have very deep male voices that sound similar to each other (Hideki Takahashi as Zekrom and some other guy as Reshiram).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 20th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Personally I dont care who voices the two characters. It can even be an old women, the voices of each character isn't going to make me not want to watch the movie nor would it make me not want to like both Reshiram and Zekrom either.

Mew~
July 20th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Personally I dont care who voices the two characters. It can even be an old women, the voices of each character isn't going to make me not want to watch the movie nor would it make me not want to like both Reshiram and Zekrom either.

I get where your coming at, though somtimes it can feel a little irritating whilst watching. I mean, a lot of people despised Arceus' voice in movie 13. But it is kind of fun to think of how cool they sound like.

Darthrai
July 20th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I get where your coming at, though somtimes it can feel a little irritating whilst watching. I mean, a lot of people despised Arceus' voice in movie 13. But it is kind of fun to think of how cool they sound like.

I'm personally not a fan of the anime, but if they give Reshiram and Zekrom awesome and well-known guest VA's then that could win me over.

shadowchick
July 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM
To be honest.... Reshiram seems like a female Pokemon, so I'd like to hear Bella Hudson voice Reshiram.

As for Zekrom..... I'd have to say..... Dan Green. Only because his voice seems to match that Pokemon.

Moltres Rider
July 30th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I hope they release a double feature...
the Reshiram one & the Zekrom one in one package

Tyrantrum
December 5th, 2011, 06:59 PM
So Mew~ wanted me to post here. :P

I just saw the movie on Saturday with my friend, I really liked it. c: i like all the movies though XD We missed a bit of the beginning, though. >____> I plan on watching Pokémon Black the movie this Saturday when that premiers. :D

Sector
December 9th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Ok I have not watched this yet and will wait for the DVD but...are there actually differences between Black & White besides the two Dragons? Just making sure.

The voices don't really bother me to that aspect, but I hope for good Zekrom/Reshiram voices to fit in with their style. Reshiram FTW! I just hope they can be as good as the ones with Mewtwo for his two movies (The First Movie & Mewtwo Strikes Back) & Lugia from The Movie 2000!

countryemo
December 10th, 2011, 11:51 AM
@Sector Revenge

Well theres the dragons, a tiny tiny bits of the plot. and which pokemon the bad guy has. Pretty much not really.

chiefsfan212006
December 10th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Horrible job by the people who planned the timing of this. An episode is shown where Meowth is with the good guys. A few hours later, they air the movie and Meowth is with Team Rocket. Next week, Meowth is back with the good guys, obviously.

That doesn't look good. Imagine the young kids, who aren't really aware of how the show works or that it comes from Japan and they watched that. They are probably confused as heck. Lol.

User1
December 19th, 2011, 02:06 AM
Who has ordered the Japanese DVD/Blu-Ray release? I got mine from Amazon Japan and am hoping it reaches before Christmas!

They are not available at Rakuten International at the moment.

Bluerang1
December 21st, 2011, 10:06 AM
So I'm guessing Kyurem isn't getting a new form? They ought to release it before the movie airs?... Unless there's another movie were it gets tied in with Reshiram and Zekrom and maybe Genesect.

Mew~
December 21st, 2011, 10:15 AM
So I'm guessing Kyurem isn't getting a new form? They ought to release it before the movie airs?... Unless there's another movie were it gets tied in with Reshiram and Zekrom and maybe Genesect.
Nope, if it's like last gen then the new form would probably be in the third game, and if you look at this you can see a pattern;

Rayquaza: Pokémon Emerald (September 2004), Destiny Deoxys (July 2004)
Giratina: Pokémon Platinum (September 2008), Giratina & The Sky Warrior (July 2008)

As for Crystal, that was released in December 2000, Pokémon 4Ever (July 2001). But that was a long time ago anyway, so they could keep up this sort of pattern if they wanted to.

The Mega Champion
December 21st, 2011, 01:27 PM
This is probably to early but I don't care and I'm asking anyway.

Anyone have any idea with BOTH of the versions of the 14th movie will be coming out on DVD in the U.S.? It took FOREVER for the DVD to come out in the U.S. for movie 13 and I had to buy that online with my mom's credit card, with her permission of course, because the stores in my area didn't have it on their selves!!

That had BETTER not happen again. *coughs* Anyway...

Anyone know when the two versions of movie 14 are coming out on DVD in the U.S.? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bluerang1
February 11th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Keldeo confirmed for the movie, no surprise.

solaris knight
March 24th, 2012, 05:09 AM
I've started watching the Best Wishes anime, and was wondering what would be the best time to watch this movie? Like, what is the closest time in the anime that could possibly be near these movies, based on what pokémon Ash uses?

psyanic
March 24th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Technically, it aired between BW039 and BW040 in the Battle Club arc. But in actuality, it would take place around BW036 Archeops in the Modern World! and BW038 Movie Time! Zorua in "The Legend of the Pokemon Knight!"