PDA

View Full Version : "Casting a Paul On Barry!" Review Thread

Blue_Drifblim
December 4th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Paul vs Barry!

This should be good.

Vernikova
December 4th, 2010, 05:16 AM
They named my God Tobias. Tobias? It's not bad I guess. I will be amused seeing Barry get the crap beaten out of him in this battle.

e: Ooh, Hitmonlee put up a good fight. It's always nice to see a Fighting-type Pokémon since they got get used very often. It got beat but it was nice. Giga Impact seems very popular. Anyway, get the brooms out because Barry just got swept. Woo.

Kirbychu
December 4th, 2010, 08:39 AM
This was a nice episode. The battle between Barry and Paul was great and Team Rocket didn't interfere as much as in last episode. It's also very nice to see the writers think outside the box and not confine Barry to his in-game team. We got to see lots of interesting moves and abilities performed in this battle, they just keep getting better and better handling the anime. Barry put up a good fight, but In the end the better trainer won. Barry is actually one of my favorite characters, it's just too bad that he's pretty much done now. At least he's sticking around to watch Ash's battles. I'm a bit disappointed that Barry wasn't matched up with Ash, but next weeks battle is going to be a good one.

Tobias? There goes the -son trend.

AshPikastar
December 4th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Alright I was finally able to watch this episode. I liked how the episode first started out before it went into the battle stage. Ash and Barry running out at night, arguing about the victory star. Then heading into the battle. I was at first surprised that Barry had a Skarmory. Too bad it got knocked out by one hit though. Then came his Empoleon. I was really hopping his Empoleon would take out Pauls Magmitor but of course Paul calls back his Pokemon. Thought that was a bit cheap at first. Hitmonlee vs Ursuring was a really good battle. Barry would have won it if Ursuring didn't use his ability. I love how we got the chance to see how well Barry cares about his Pokemon. Wasn't use to seeing him that emotional in that episode. I enjoyed the last part of the episode. At least Paul was being nice for once.

Godot17
December 4th, 2010, 11:39 AM
I swear it's already in my primitive instincts to wake up 35 minutes to watch Pokemon, and go back to sleep XD

Anyways, once again we get great Barry and Conway performances. I'm surprised Dawn hasn't called Child Services or something >__>

And of course the battle didn't turn out too hot. As espected~

Tobias sounds creepy ;_;... I liek it

Next time, Ash vs Conguey, que con nada mas se puede describir >__>

Guy
December 4th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Tobias? Hmm, I quite like that name. I was expecting something ___son, but weren't we all?

I enjoyed this episode. Barry happens to be my favorite DP character in the show as well, so it disappointing to see him lose so easily. But, he did put up a good fight, especially Hitmonlee. I liked that they incorporated various status effects and abilities. It made the battle a lot more interesting compared to if they had not chosen to implement them. Torrent's effect looks mighty though. In the end though, Paul came out on top, not so much of a surprise though, right? XD;

Conway and Ash's battle next week should be a good one.

Masquerainisthajam
December 4th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Good episode, especially with the match between Paul and Barry, but could they have named this episode a bit better?

So Tobias is the guy with the Darkrai. The guy who won 8 Gym Battles and advancing round after round using only his Darkrai. That's going to be difficult.

Jessilina doll...lol!

Conway is a ninja. A creepy ninja. A creepy ninja that has a thing for Dawn. And he claims to have some kind of "secret strategy." Hmm...

I like the idea of using Spikes to cover the battlefield. It's a nice touch. Also, I like how Paul came in for the kill when it came to Electivire vs. Empoleon. I just wish the Skarmory/Magmortar battle would be a bit more eventful instead of a one hit KO.

But enough about that. Looking forward to the match between Ash and Conway!

9/10

Nando (elim.)
Barry (elim.)
Paul
Ash
Tobias
Conway

TheFuturePokemon
December 4th, 2010, 10:05 PM
I hate how the show starts of with a battle.

Vernikova
December 10th, 2010, 04:05 AM
CARTOON NETWORK 1.3/6 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.0/10; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.0/8; Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.6/9; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.5/7; Generator Rex 1.6/7; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.1/5; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.1/4; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 0.9/4; Hole In The Wall 1.5/6; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 1.0/4; Garfield Show 1.5/6; Garfield Show 1.9/8

Jorah
January 3rd, 2011, 11:27 AM
Ursaring stayed in too long and Skarmory went out way too quickly, I thought o_O But it was a great episode, I loved Conway, Paul, and Barry~

- Snorlax's Body Slam must kill o_O
- they didn't even bother showing all of Ash's battle...wow
- Conway is acting SO creepy o_O
- Wow, Dawn and Conway are blusing at each other XD
- Barry: It gets lonely at the top, but Paul's there to keep me company
- Ahaha! Dawn remmebers when Paul didn't remember her name XD
- Paul and Ash stare XD
- Barry: *high pitches voice* Jea-lous!
- Scarmory out that quckly?? o_____O
- EXPLOSIONS from Spikes? -__-
- Magmortar knocked out Scarmory that quckily, but Hitmonlee cant knock out Ursaring? -_-
- Ursaring stayed in too long...
- I like how Barry's Pokemon are all fast XD
Barry: Ash, wow, it seemed the more that I battled Paul, the more fired up I got!
Ash: I *know*! Paul seems to get *everyone* feeling that way!

Music kept: (2)

TR Sneaking theme
Route 212

Blue_Drifblim
January 5th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Ursaring stayed in too long and Skarmory went out way too quickly, I thought o_O But it was a great episode, I loved Conway, Paul, and Barry~

- Snorlax's Body Slam must kill o_O
- they didn't even bother showing all of Ash's battle...wow
- Conway is acting SO creepy o_O
- Wow, Dawn and Conway are blusing at each other XD
- Barry: It gets lonely at the top, but Paul's there to keep me company
- Ahaha! Dawn remmebers when Paul didn't remember her name XD
- Paul and Ash stare XD
- Barry: *high pitches voice* Jea-lous!
- Scarmory out that quckly?? o_____O
- EXPLOSIONS from Spikes? -__-
- Magmortar knocked out Scarmory that quckily, but Hitmonlee cant knock out Ursaring? -_-
- Ursaring stayed in too long...
- I like how Barry's Pokemon are all fast XD
Barry: Ash, wow, it seemed the more that I battled Paul, the more fired up I got!
Ash: I *know*! Paul seems to get *everyone* feeling that way!

Music kept: (2)

TR Sneaking theme
Route 212

There's another piece I think, but I can't remember what it is.... Eh.

I think I've pretty much stopped caring about what TPCi does with the music. >_> "Familiraity Breeds Strategy" kept one piece of music. One. What's up, TPCi?