View Full Version : Weekly Poll: When the games are released in English [ #10 ]

December 5th, 2010, 7:26 AM
B/W Weekly Poll #10
[css-div=margin:10px]When the games are released in English, what will you do?

Right now most of us are waiting for the date of the English release of B/W to be announced. When that moment does come and the release date actually hits, what will you do?

★ Speed through the game
★ Begin playing it, but take your time exploring the region
★ Go on a catching spree, discovering the Pokémon Unova has to offer
★ Spend a good amount of time EV training / training in general
★ Keep playing the Japanese version
★ Finish playing other Pokemon games before thinking of playing B/W
★ Do nothing (either due to purchasing the games at a later point, or another reason)
★ Other

[css-div=letter-spacing:2px]If you have any poll ideas, feel free to PM Kaori or myself with them. We may not use them the following week after you have suggested them, but we're likely to consider them in the near future.[/css-div][/css-div]★★★★★★★[/css-div]

December 5th, 2010, 7:37 AM
I want to take my time exploring the new region, the new generation, and see what it has to offer. I learned the hard way of playing games that speeding through it really isn't a good way to thoroughly enjoy the game and all of it's contents. I want to explore the story, collect most of the items, see what the new items are like, the new TMs, things like that. It's crucial that I don't miss anything because I want to experience 5th gen to the fullest~!

I'll spend my time EV training my Pokemon at some point after the E4. Of course, I'll still care a bit about natures and the like, but the actual EV training won't take place until then; it requires a massive amount of effort and time, and doing that during the storyline would seem sort of like a waste or something. :(

December 5th, 2010, 7:39 AM
I'll just rush through the first game I'll play. (That would be Pokemon White), and then play Black taking my own sweet time.

Ev training? Bah humbug.

December 5th, 2010, 8:01 AM
I'm goin on a catching spree. I want to use all the Pokemon I like there, and I like 75% of them. It's always nice to have lots of Pokemon on your box, too. xD

December 5th, 2010, 8:05 AM
Well, I seriously doubt I'll get Black as soon as it's released (unless if I manage to get a new DS and 50(?) dollars before it comes out xD). But I'll definitely go on a catching spree. Every Pokemon I encounter, I'll make sure I catch. It's become a habit that I HAVE to catch EVERY Pokemon available on each route. I don't know why, but it's fun. x3 I'll also take my time exploring the region and shizz (I never really rush through Pokemon games, though).

December 5th, 2010, 8:34 AM
I always explore first because poke company likes to hide nice things for people who take their time to look around. Down to just walking around using the dowsing machine :B There is a lot of new content and well made parts of B and W despite my dislike for some of the pokemon. I'm starting to warm up to them anyways :P So most of my time will be spent uninvitedly walking into peoples houses and taking stuff from them :D

December 5th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Pretty CSS! XD Once the U.S. release of B/W comes, I'm gonna take my time playing through Black and explore everything in Unova, battle every trainer, look at every building, etc. New game means new exploration takes place. :P

Edit: 800th post. XD

King Gumball
December 5th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Probably speed through one of my games (I can never not speed through to beat my siblings to become the champion!) And maybe go a bit slower on the second game.

December 5th, 2010, 1:00 PM
Probably the same thing I do every time I get a new Pokemon game. Play through it at a normal speed, taking time to explore. And of course, catching the Pokemon I like and figuring out which of the new ones are right for me. :)

Get Weird
December 5th, 2010, 1:25 PM
I'll start of by sitting infront of the letter box waiting for it to come. :D

Then I'd just go through slowly, talking to everything and everyone, since I couldn't do that in the Japanese version, then after finishing the game I'll start to get competitive :D

December 5th, 2010, 1:35 PM
I would do nothing, and probably buy it after my Spring Semester is over. Since next semester will probably be busy I will have little to no time for playing.

December 5th, 2010, 3:11 PM
I've played both Black and White in Japanese (Imported them).

So when I get the English ones, I'll playthrough it slowly, taking everything in again. I'll talk to everyone to see what they said. I'll catch every Pokemon to complete my national dex.

December 5th, 2010, 3:25 PM
I voted other...because none of those fits my description.

I haven't imported, but I will buy them at the release date.

I won't speed through them, as I'll be busy with exams and revision and future and all that scary stuff :/
However, whilst I'm taking my time, taking it all in, I'll do exactly as I did with DPPt, and forget all of it xD
I don't regret this though, for two reasons:
1. It means I'll have more memory for important exam stuff.
2. It'll make it more fun for re-runs! (Right now, I have a problem with all Gen III/IV games, as I know them and the pokémon too well, and have used them too much, so I literally either can't settle on a team, or can't get past the first gym due to type (dis)advantages (Chimchar's cute, but Cranidos pwns, and I refuse to trade, use Budew, or evolve him so......)

Just my two cents on the subject. After all, I'll hardly visit this section until probably this time next year!

December 5th, 2010, 3:29 PM
I plan on exploring the region and catch a lot of Pokémon.

December 5th, 2010, 3:45 PM
Despite the fact that I've partially played through a Japanese version of White, I'm still going to take my time to explore Unova. I didn't before, but now that I have a bit more of an idea as to what I'm doing and what to look for, I'll have the chance to take my sweet time.

I'll also be catching the new Pokemon as I see them, as I always do the first time I play a new generation. The first stage of an evolution family is caught, and if they aren't used on my team, they sit in my box until I'm done with the storyline.

EV training comes much much later.

December 5th, 2010, 7:09 PM
When I get the game, I'll explore the region, then speed through the game. I'll also go on a catching spree and EV train any interesting Pokemon for the Battle Subway.

December 5th, 2010, 7:25 PM
One of my most memorable Pokemon game moments was in Emerald when I found the little cave-island where Sunny Day is found; by Foretree. I just love exploring and I always take the time to talk to every single person in every single building. Recieving things from random people in otherwise meaningless buildings is awesome!! And, you know, while I'm at it I'll catch a few Pokemon and beat gyms but only once the city is properly explored!

December 6th, 2010, 8:32 AM
Considering I still haven't made it to the E4 in my copy of White (I like to take my time) I think I'll still be playing that version and won't bother getting an English copy, or at the least not for a long time.

December 6th, 2010, 9:07 AM
I only got as far as the second town on the Japanese versions. D;

I want to say that I'll begin playing it, but take my time exploring the region, but I'll most probably speed through the game. A bit of both, I think XD; I probably won't have too much time on my hands, but yeah I think I'll progress slowly, experiencing Unova to its fullest.

December 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I heard someone say that they will step on every single tile, talk to every NPC, I plan on doing the same thing xD I'll take my time so much that I'll even EV train, with my normal team before the League/they reach level 50, so they'll be good for the subway which should be like the Battle Tower. I can't wait. 4(5?) more months!

December 6th, 2010, 6:23 PM
I'm going to take my time and just explore the whole region. I'm really excited for Black and White and so I don't want to fly right through it and end a couple days later with nothing else to do. Not that I have ever done this, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Overall I'm going to do what I always do which is making sure I talk to everyone, finding as many items as possible, and venturing through every cave, strip of grass, and building. I plan on thoroughly enjoying every second. :D Oh, and I made sure to read little to no information on the games besides the Pokemon so I can be shocked/amazed/fulfilled as I play. c:

December 7th, 2010, 3:43 AM
I'm gonna explore the reigion. It's what I done when I first got Diamond and it's so fun the first time round. I'm still gonna try training my Pokemon a lot and probably do a lot of grinding as I do want them strong for the Elite Four. After the Elite Four, I'll porbably just venture around and catch and train the Pokemon I like. :)

December 7th, 2010, 5:01 AM
Well I'll be playing the game of course! It'll be quite the adventure for me as many things have changed; one main thing being the graphics. I'll definitely be taking my time to explore the region as I don't want to miss anything. Besides taking my time allows me to have more enjoyable hours put in towards the game. Not only that, but I'll be able to notice any little things and learn more about what you need to do in the game as I go along in English which will be more of a help for anyone who is having trouble getting through. One thing's for sure, I'll definitely spending more of my free time playing the games as well as posting my doings and whatnot here. :P

December 7th, 2010, 5:14 AM
English is the only language I know, so when I get them (whenever the release date is), I will do what I always do when I get a new game, that is, talk to every NPC, explore the entire area, and kick butt like always.....

December 7th, 2010, 6:36 AM
I'm probably gonna want to take my time in exploring the region. It'd be a good idea because it might be useful for any "future projects"...

Still, I'm very excited about the game and I may end up speeding through it anyways XD

Oblivion Wing
December 7th, 2010, 6:44 AM
Im going to buy both pokemon games, Im going to beat White in like 10 hours non-stop playing, and then Black is the one where I'll get the pokes I can't get in White, transfer, reset, etc.

December 7th, 2010, 7:40 AM
Well, it took me around 8-9 days to get the badges in my Japanese White (and I was seriously underleveled), so I think I'll take my time this time round. Catch almost every Pokemon I see, actually train my Pokemon to the right levels for the gym battles and the Elite Four, and have fun with some side stuff on the way, like the Subway and the Musicals.

Since I already have my dream team set up, I think I'm going to do much better than having to train a new batch up by grinding with the E4. It was boring, and I don't want to repeat that again.

December 7th, 2010, 8:08 AM
I'll be taking the scenic route when I buy White. Speed through the game? avoid trainers? Deah heavens, no.

I like how the poll asks you to explain why you aren't buying the game on release day. xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
December 7th, 2010, 8:21 AM
Not buying it on release day. Because:

The female playable trainer needs to be incarcerated by the fashion police.
My brother has told me he will buy both games. If I do decide to try them, there will already be a copy handy without me having to waste the money.
I want to use my old favorites in-game. I don't want to be limited to the new Pokemon and those dang new Pokemon need to stay the heck off my lawn! [/crankyoldmanmode]

Bay Alexison
December 7th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Like the other games, I'll take my time the first time around to get a feel of the region, the Pokemon, and the story. I might do some training to be a couple levels ahead of the gym leaders, as I have always done.

December 7th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I always get my pokemon to the same level, so will do the same on white.

December 7th, 2010, 1:21 PM
I'm going to play through it at the same pace that I usually play through Pokémon games, which is to say avoid trainers, but explore the landscape, and then when I need to grind, go back and beat all of the trainers I avoided.

December 7th, 2010, 2:31 PM
Before the game is released I'm hoping I finish up my game on SoulSilver. When Black and White comes out though, I'll have it pre-ordered a month before its release so I can pick it up on its release day.

Once the game is in my hand, I'll be taking my time playing through it while catching a ton of the new Pokémon in Unova. While at the same time, training a team that includes various types of the new Pokémon rather than having six set team members. Makes the game more enjoyable for me, plus I get to test out what the new Pokémon are like.

EV training can come later and when I don't feel so lazy.

solaris knight
December 7th, 2010, 2:46 PM
I plan to slow down a bit and catch some pokémon, but I may end up changing my mind so that I'll havee more to do in the post-game.

December 8th, 2010, 5:55 AM
When I get the games, I will start exploring the region. Getting around it will be an experience that will be memorable. I will also try to catch anything they can throw at me, in whatever method! I'm sure I'll fill up my Dex before 6th gen, like what I did with my HG.

December 8th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I'll begin playing it, but I'll take my time too. When I was smaller I used to just try and run through games super quick....but I like more now to slow down and take time to search for items and side quests.

I also used to catch a new pokemon any time I saw it, it was only in the last generation (4) that I waited until I beat the main game to catch every pokemon. Gives me something to do after I beat the main storyline. :p

December 9th, 2010, 9:12 AM
I waiting for it to be released then when I get it I will gradually play through it! :)

December 9th, 2010, 11:48 AM
I plan to take my time this play through. I sped through my Japanese White... I completed the main story over the span of just one weekend. This time I will slow down a lot to enjoy the story and train more than just my starter until post-league. :cheeky:

December 9th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I'll probably do nothing on the release date, even though I'd kinda like to play one of the two asap. The buying part is something I'm not too excited about, if you get what I mean... -.-'

December 12th, 2010, 7:15 AM
I'll try and get the games on the release date (aka convince Nan/Pop), and just pretty much explore the region. I want to take my time with the games rather than rush through, so that the excitement lasts longer. As for the Pokemon, I know of them already, so yeah. :D;

Anddd unsticky time.~

December 12th, 2010, 3:14 PM
I'll just play it normally and enjoy the experience. Though, I'm much more interested in being able to breed and EV train 5th Gen Pokes than I am the story of the game. :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
December 12th, 2010, 3:32 PM
I'll take my time even slower than I did in SS...if I don't get too curious with exploring the regions northern towns...

December 12th, 2010, 3:52 PM
Yup, I will definately take my time and explore all the amazing features and scenery Unova has to offer, I will be purchasing a copy of Black or White the day it comes out, I'm so excited for this game and cannot wait for a release date :)!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
December 12th, 2010, 4:18 PM
^ Me too, I have brought all the latest Pokemon games on the first day they are out too, so I don't White to be any different :)