PDA

View Full Version : Issue: Awkward Title tags

Team Fail
December 7th, 2010, 9:51 AM
ohaithar. When I used the [title] tags, and I want to put text on a new line by using "Enter", then apply my changes, <br /> appears in the hover-over when you view it. You can see in my signature under "Games I'm Playing". How can that be fixed? It happens on IE and Chrome.

Spinor
December 7th, 2010, 9:53 AM
Well, I think you can't exactly use a Newline in a hover area >__> That can't be fixed with BBcode, that's got to do with how it's interpreted into HTML. Which I don't think either is the problem anyways. You just can't use a Newline in the hover boxes.

Team Fail
December 7th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Well, I think you can't exactly use a Newline in a hover area >__> That can't be fixed with BBcode, that's got to do with how it's interpreted into HTML. Which I don't think either is the problem anyways. You just can't use a Newline in the hover boxes.
Ok. Even if it was hidden somehow would be nice.

Guy
December 7th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Tried it myself, and if you go to do a new line by pressing Enter and then putting in your game titles, <br/> will always come up. The best thing to do it is break off each word with a comma or symbol of your choice (i.e ★ • ▪ and so on). Like below:

[*title=Mario Paint (SNES), Picross (NDS), Pokémon Black (NDS)]Games I'm playing[/title]

Games I'm playing

Rukario
December 7th, 2010, 10:51 AM
yes, they are correct, you can't have line breaks ( <br />'s ) in a title tag.. it'll just get parsed as text.. do as suggested and just use a separator character.. ::, .::., and | make nice ones as well as the previously suggested ones.