PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] The Search for Unova! Scavenger Hunt

Kaori
December 9th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Black and White Scavenger Hunt #2
"Unova know what you might find!"

Well here you have it! The second scavenger hunt for Black and White. This time you'll be looking for the keyword 'Unova' in various threads, thread titles, and posts even from earlier pages. The hunt will last for two weeks and winners shall be announced once the time is up.

So here's what you need to know!
★ As soon as you notice this thread, is when you can begin the hunt! Keep note that the competition will last for two weeks.
★ Make sure not to give any clues away here, and instead PM your findings to Kaori (http://www.pokecommunity.com/private.php?do=newpm). You are however, allowed to discuss your progress and the hunt itself, just make sure not to give any hints of your own or clues at all.
★ If there is a clue in a thread title, the next hint will be given in the 1st post of that thread.
★ Each new hint will be given in title tags in the keyword Unova.
★ There are 10 clues to find!
★ Winners shall be rewarded with an emblem, and there shall be more than one winner.

C l u e # 1
If Isshu is based off of this, wouldn't I as well?

Good luck to you all and have fun; Happy Holidays too! :D
Go, go, go!

The Red Chain
December 9th, 2010, 08:29 PM
fine nica, i'll post

I finished~
It was actually more fun than I expected it to be.
Quite easy too. I might do these scavenger hunts more often~

Regeneration
December 10th, 2010, 02:38 AM
This was too easy as compared to Forever's version of the Scavenger Hunt. Therefore I liked this one more! :P

Team Fail
December 10th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I know how to find clues. But, the first title tag isn't working.

Tropical Sunlight
December 10th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I know how to find clues. But, the first title tag isn't working.
What do you mean? Do you mean, the title tag in Kaori's post above?
Or the clue that's in its thread?

I'm stuck with the second clue already. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to look for :P

Team Fail
December 10th, 2010, 12:56 PM
What do you mean? Do you mean, the title tag in Kaori's post above?
Or the clue that's in its thread?

I'm stuck with the second clue already. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to look for :P

Whoa, what? There is one in Kaori's post too? I can't get them. Let me try restarting my browser.

Tropical Sunlight
December 10th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Whoa, what? There is one in Kaori's post too? I can't get them. Let me try restarting my browser.
Yes, but it's not in a title tag XD

Team Fail
December 10th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Yes, but it's not in a title tag XD

Yes. OK. I still can't see the first clue that holds clue #2.

fenyx4
December 10th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Ooh! I really hope I can finish this one in time. Stupid exams and time constraints bogged me down last time... :cer_pissed: But the search for Unova is on! :D (getting used to Isshu's awesome name change day by day, unlike a particular new Wotter :( Water Otter Starter Pokemon (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Oshawott)'s official English name...)

ShyRayq
December 10th, 2010, 02:42 PM
omg i cant even find the first clue
i dont even understand the clue
>.< oh whateva
im still gonna try it

King Gumball
December 10th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Stuck on clue two.... I hope I dont have to search deep in threads XD

twistedpuppy
December 10th, 2010, 05:52 PM
I finished this morning. It was pretty easy once you got past clue #2.

iRyu
December 10th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Finished not too long ago. 5th and 2nd were killer for me.

Kirbychu
December 10th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I can't get past clue #2 and it's driving me crazy! >:(

Gumball Watterson
December 10th, 2010, 08:48 PM
The location of Clue 4 is:

Dunno, cause I gave up after the third

Please excuse me while I go cry in a corner.

curiousnathan
December 11th, 2010, 01:56 AM
★ If there is a clue in a thread title, the next hint will be given in the 1st post of that thread.

Well I tried that, and it hasn't worked. Just lead me to two 'Unova's' that are useless. The clue said it was on the first page but they're not. I am not sure if its a problem.

I swear the 6th clue is annoying. And big time!

Twiggy
December 11th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I'm almost halfway done with this. It's quick, but the second and fifth clues got me. For a while.

Kevin
December 11th, 2010, 12:20 PM
This looks easier than Forever's... Maybe I'll have a chance this time. Hopefully, I'll figure out the clues. XD

I think I got this. :D

King Gumball
December 11th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Are some of the clues located in post deep in threads, or are they all in titles and the first post?

curiousnathan
December 11th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Are some of the clues located in post deep in threads, or are they all in titles and the first post?

So far, one clue is. That's all I am going to tell you.

King Gumball
December 11th, 2010, 08:47 PM
So far, one clue is. That's all I am going to tell you.

Thanks. But now I have to search through the threads *dies*

Twiggy
December 11th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I'm already finished with this game. Wow... sometimes, the required post is situated really deep in the thread. At least I still did it.

King Gumball
December 12th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I am stuck on clue 2 but accidentally stumbled onto the clue to number 10.... I like skipped 8 clues. Am I able to finish if I do not see ALL of the clues, like continue from clue 10?

curiousnathan
December 12th, 2010, 12:57 AM
I am stuck on clue 2 but accidentally stumbled onto the clue to number 10.... I like skipped 8 clues. Am I able to finish if I do not see ALL of the clues, like continue from clue 10?
No I don't think so. Since you need to list to Kaori the locations of all the clues to win.

King Gumball
December 12th, 2010, 01:03 AM
No I don't think so. Since you need to list to Kaori the locations of all the clues to win.
Oh, okay lol. I just found the final clue just then XD I will have to work backwards. This Damned 2nd clue is killing me...

curiousnathan
December 12th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Oh, okay lol. I just found the final clue just then XD I will have to work backwards. This Damned 2nd clue is killing me...
No the 6th one is the worst! D:

King Gumball
December 12th, 2010, 01:18 AM
No the 6th one is the worst! D:

I just finished. I thought the 6th was quite obvious, when you find clue 5. I realized I got the clues mixed up and didn't take the one Kaori already gave to us as clue 1, so or me it was clue 3 that gave me grief :P

Alternative
December 12th, 2010, 04:46 AM
I participated in this Scavenger Hunt and I can say that some of the clues are rough. Although I thought it was funny when I found clues that I weren't intentionally looking for. :D

Kevin
December 12th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I'm stuck on the Clue #5 hint. Ugh, it's killing me.

curiousnathan
December 15th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I finished like about 3 days ago. ~
Got stuck on clue 6 for ages! >.<
But I finally got there which is a relief, good luck for everyone else.
This was a little bit easy but I have to hand it to you Kaori, clue 6 got me. :3

fenyx4
December 21st, 2010, 02:48 PM
Well I tried that, and it hasn't worked. Just lead me to two 'Unova's' that are useless. The clue said it was on the first page but they're not. I am not sure if its a problem.

I swear the 6th clue is annoying. And big time!

The same for me...assuming I was in the right thread, the "Unova" terms didn't have anything displayed when I hovered over them. I managed to stumble upon another clue instead in another thread, so I'll try continuing from there, but I think I'll be incomplete if I'm still unable to see the 2nd clue before Christmas Eve comes around... :\

King Gumball
December 21st, 2010, 03:15 PM
The same for me...assuming I was in the right thread, the "Unova" terms didn't have anything displayed when I hovered over them. I managed to stumble upon another clue instead in another thread, so I'll try continuing from there, but I think I'll be incomplete if I'm still unable to see the 2nd clue before Christmas Eve comes around... :\

Nope I checked, clue two is still there :) If it isn't under Unova, then try some other stuff.

fenyx4
December 21st, 2010, 03:23 PM
Nope I checked, clue two is still there :) If it isn't under Unova, then try some other stuff.

OK; thank you very much for the info. The hunt goes on! >_>

EDIT: OMG...now that I actually found the clue, I have no idea where to proceed! :cer_laugh: Time to ponder the whereabouts of Clue 3...

EDIT 2: Never mind...LOL, I pondered for like 1 minute, and lo and behold, I found it. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be there on my first try. Nice one, Kaori!

EDIT 3: Yay! I finally finished the confounded search! :cer_boogie: Got stumped so many times, but I finally pulled through! Phew! Nice job with the hunt, Kaori! :D

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/74/Bag_Heavy_Ball_Sprite.png Unova, consider yourself caught!! :rambo:
(though it is a bit weird searching for and capturing a "region"... But whatevs. >_>)

solarowl
December 27th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I finished the hunt a fee days ago...
I hope I made it just in time though.

King Gumball
January 2nd, 2011, 08:15 PM
I forgot about this thread.... Anyway I VM'd Koari about emblems, in case she forgot too.

curiousnathan
January 2nd, 2011, 08:21 PM
I forgot about this thread.... Anyway I VM'd Koari about emblems, in case she forgot too.
I PM'd her but she hasn't replied yet. Probably really busy.

Forever
January 2nd, 2011, 08:23 PM
The emblem will be the default scavenger hunt one for the winners. All she really needs to do is post up the results when she has time.

King Gumball
January 3rd, 2011, 02:28 AM
The emblem will be the default scavenger hunt one for the winners. All she really needs to do is post up the results when she has time.

Yeah she said she was on Loa, but that she will have everything up this week.

It was a pretty cool scav hunt though. Cant wait for the next one!

Kaori
January 3rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
The Results are here!
Also, sorry for this all becoming late, I was on a Leave of Absence for basically my whole Winter Break. :(

So! On to the people who've completed the Scavenger Hunt and have found all the clues.

The ones with a good eye are the following who have found all of the clues;
Alternative
Curious.
King Gumball
♪Twiggy♪
Regeneration
solarowl
twistedpuppy
The Red Chain
fenyx4

So congratulations to you guys and thank you all for participating! :) Emblems shall be handed out shortly so just please bear with me while I edit out all these clues, haha. Again, great job guys!

King Gumball
January 3rd, 2011, 04:12 PM
The Results are here!
Also, sorry for this all becoming late, I was on a Leave of Absence for basically my whole Winter Break. :(

So! On to the people who've completed the Scavenger Hunt and have found all the clues.

The ones with a good eye are the following who have found all of the clues;
Alternative
Curious.
King Gumball
♪Twiggy♪
Regeneration
solarowl
twistedpuppy
The Red Chain
fenyx4

So congratulations to you guys and thank you all for participating! :) Emblems shall be handed out shortly so just please bear with me while I edit out all these clues, haha. Again, great job guys!

Haha yes! Thanks Kaori, and sorry for rushing you all of a sudden, you did an excellent job with this scavenger hunt~

Congrats to everyone else who had finished as well!

Kaori
January 3rd, 2011, 04:18 PM
One more thing I forgot to add!

For those who haven't figured out all the clues before this time, these were the specific spots!

Clue 1: Scavenger Hunt (First Post)
Clue 2: Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2 - #000 Unova)
Clue 3: Reshiram and Zekrom to be in the Thanksgiving Parade (Post #1)
Clue 4: Simple Questions (Post #791)
Clue 5: English Name Speculation and Discussion Thread (Post #642)
Clue 6: Logos a No- Go? (Post #8)
Clue 7: Pre-ordering Black and White? (Post #11)
Clue 8: Pros and Cons Discussion thread (Post #289)
Clue 9: Gym and Gym Leaders Discussion (Post #775)
Clue 10: B/W Legendaries Discussion (Post #357)

Again, congratulations guys and thanks for participating. XD;

Forever
January 4th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Just interested in your thoughts while this thread is still alive. Would you guys like to see another scavenger hunt or do you think this is better of as just a two time thing and leaving it at that?

Twiggy
January 4th, 2011, 03:44 AM
This scavenger hunt sure is fun! I actually had a great time messing around with the clues and searching the threads! Maybe we should do it again sometime!

Regeneration
January 4th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Just interested in your thoughts while this thread is still alive. Would you guys like to see another scavenger hunt or do you think this is better of as just a two time thing and leaving it at that?
You guys won't run out of threads or something?

I wouldn't mind having another Scavenger hunt but I probably won't participate. I don't want two emblems of the same kind.

Kaori
January 4th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I had a feeling a few of you might not to want to participate in the other hunts since the emblem is going to be the same every time and those who actually want to take part for the emblem alone sadly, it won't be as fun for them I would only guess.

This is why I came up with an idea!

With Christmas in Unova, I thought it went well so I was thinking we could do something along the lines of different kinds of activities in one event thread to promote the section. Different activities in the event can each have a specific emblem and a participation emblem as well; with the participation emblem being the main one for the whole event occurring. How long it will occur for, how many activities should this event have, and how often we should do this I haven't thought of yet, and I hope to get all of your opinions and ideas for this too. I'm pretty sure I want this event to not occur so often however, because not only will it take up time but will ruin some of the fun for us all. So, I'd like to hear your opinions on this and what kind of activities you would like to see. Please do give your input, I would much appreciate it! :]

twistedpuppy
January 4th, 2011, 12:26 PM

I liked the scavenger hunt. It was fun. I don't mind doing it again since I didn't really care if I got an emblem or not.

I had a feeling a few of you might not to want to participate in the other hunts since the emblem is going to be the same every time and those who actually want to take part for the emblem alone sadly, it won't be as fun for them I would only guess.

This is why I came up with an idea!

With Christmas in Unova, I thought it went well so I was thinking we could do something along the lines of different kinds of activities in one event thread to promote the section. Different activities in the event can each have a specific emblem and a participation emblem as well; with the participation emblem being the main one for the whole event occurring. How long it will occur for, how many activities should this event have, and how often we should do this I haven't thought of yet, and I hope to get all of your opinions and ideas for this too. I'm pretty sure I want this event to not occur so often however, because not only will it take up time but will ruin some of the fun for us all. So, I'd like to hear your opinions on this and what kind of activities you would like to see. Please do give your input, I would much appreciate it! :]

How long it will occur for?
Maybe 5-7 days.

How many activities should this event have?
At least 3 different activities.

How often we should do this?
Maybe every month/bimonthly just to keep things active and fresh.

What kind of activities you would like to see?
Idk. I haven't really thought about it. Obviously it's going to be Gen V related. :P Maybe a Gen V style Who's that Pokémon? You gals are the mods. I'm sure you'll figure something clever to do.

EDIT: Ah! The scavenger hunt should be one of the activities to choose from.