PDA

View Full Version : B/W: Deerling or Reshiram? [I remember Christmas in Unova...I was in my winter forme!]

Tribal Ebony
December 11th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Zekrom or Reshiram? XD I am with Zekrom, it looks darker than Reshiram

Rais
December 11th, 2010, 05:57 PM
why would they make a legendary llama?! Zekrom's definitely better

TheAppleFreak
December 11th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I like Reshiram's appearance better. So yeah.

PlatinumDude
December 11th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I like both Reshiram and Zekrom equally but I'm leaning towards Reshiram because not only does it remind me of Blue Eyes White Dragon, its STAB combination is completely unresisted with TurboBlaze taken into account.

Satoshi Ookami
December 11th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Reshiram, Reshiram and Reshiram =)
My absolute favorite Isshu pokemon =)
I though I'd be loving Zekrom since he's dark but once I played Black I fell in love with Reshi =)

King Gumball
December 12th, 2010, 12:04 AM
I like Reshiram Zekrom better. I like black better and Zekrom's Reshiram'a tail is a bit too big for my liking. Also I like fire better than electric.

LOL I cant even get their names right *facepalm*

tkallab
December 12th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Definitely Reshiram. It looks so noble compared to Zekrom, I like Pokémon of 'good'. I also like that he's a wyvern.

Yusshin
December 12th, 2010, 09:06 AM
I like both, especially how their names are Arabic for Light & Darkness. Thumbs up.

(Reshiram possesses a better sprite, though, and more artistic value imo)

Yono
December 12th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I like both of them, but if I had to choose one, it'd be Reshiram, purely on it's loose, flowing appearance. Zekrom is more sleek and angular.

deneric
December 12th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Appearance-wise, I prefer Reshiram, but I like the Dragon/Electric combo more than Dragon/Fire

otaku-dono
December 12th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Zekrom all the way. Reshiram just looks... idk there's something about it that makes it just look stupid.

The Red Chain
December 12th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I love both of them greatly, but I think I'm going to go with Reshiram.
Here are all the reasons why~ :

Reshi is very fluffy and feathery, I prefer that over Zekrom's sleek and shiny appearance.
White is my favorite pigment. I've never liked black really.
BLUE EYESSSSS, WHITE FUZZZ. <333

With the whole theme of the two being nature vs technology, I'm going with nature. I love technology, but nature is unmatchable in terms of beauty and overall deliciousness.
When it comes down to their Yin and Yang origins, I relate more to the Yang side, thus bringing me even closer to Reshiram. <3

I also prefer Reshiram's shiny over Zekrom's.

As for type, I like Zekrom's more. Electricity is bombin', and it's my second favorite Pokemon type. <3

Forever
December 12th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Well, Reshiram used to be my favourite, but then the whole innuendo thing came up so I kinda got over it and Zekrom was then my favourite. That didn't last long... recently Reshiram has become my favourite again, mainly due to the typing (I love fire types, part or whole) and due to the shiny. I swear, it's the best looking shiny out of any other Pokemon. It just looks so angelic.

But yeah I like Reshiram. :3

Xiǎo Dre
December 12th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Reshiram, mainly because of it's unique typing. It always reminds me of Blue-Eyes White Dragon in a way.

Twiggy
December 12th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Zekrom or Reshiram, both are great. I think I love them both. That's why I voted for both. Though, I lean to Zekrom more...

Jameska
December 12th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Stat and Move-wise: Zekrom
Appearance-wise: Zekrom
Art-wise: Reshiram
Story and Placement-wise: Zekrom
Cry-wise: Reshiram

...Zekrom wins.

RYOUKI
December 12th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I love both of them greatly, but I think I'm going to go with Reshiram.
Here are all the reasons why~ :

Reshi is very fluffy and feathery, I prefer that over Zekrom's sleek and shiny appearance.
White is my favorite pigment. I've never liked black really.
BLUE EYESSSSS, WHITE FUZZZ. <333

With the whole theme of the two being nature vs technology, I'm going with nature. I love technology, but nature is unmatchable in terms of beauty and overall deliciousness.
When it comes down to their Yin and Yang origins, I relate more to the Yang side, thus bringing me even closer to Reshiram. <3

I also prefer Reshiram's shiny over Zekrom's.

As for type, I like Zekrom's more. Electricity is bombin', and it's my second favorite Pokemon type. <3

Well, these are my reasons. Reshiram is pure win. Not only Fire-types are one of my favorite, but the fact that it's white and fluffy like a real dragon makes it cool.

Soari
December 13th, 2010, 12:54 AM
I used to dislike both of them, but now I am growing quite fond of Reshiram. On top of having a much better appearance than the robotic Zekrom which looks pretty creepy in terms of design, so, yeah.

Regeneration
December 13th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Reshiram all the way! >O I dislike Zekrom; that thing is so ugly. And Reshiram looks more like a 'legendary'. IDK why. :D

derozio
December 13th, 2010, 03:42 AM
I prefer Zekrom over Reshiram. Why, you ask? Zekrom seems like an epitome of badass-ness, that's why! XD; But seriously, I generally prefer 'dark' things over 'light'. Zekrom isn't an exception.

Amai
December 13th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Reshiram is far superior.

Dooonerz
December 13th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Reshiram easily. Me thinks that Zekrom looks like a robot </3

dragon0fangz
December 13th, 2010, 04:30 PM
CANT DECIDE.

Reshiram is awesomeness, what with its white-ness and the way it looks. It looks better, but then I realized it looks completely stupid when it's flying. (watch the 14th trailer) It doesn't make sense, does it? Still, I adore it.

Zekrom, however, is cooler. Dragon/Electric is a genius typing, and its turbine is awesome. But yeah, the design is a bit generic, excluding the tail.

So, I can't decide. They both have their strong points.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
December 13th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I like both Reshiram and Zekrom equally but I'm leaning towards Reshiram because not only does it remind me of Blue Eyes White Dragon, its STAB combination is completely unresisted with TurboBlaze taken into account.
Same here only I am leaning more towards Zekrom, It has one of the most cool type combos in the whole game (Reshiram has one two but most predicted a Dragon/Fire)
Also it reminds me of the Red eyes black dragon :P

Otherworld9)
December 23rd, 2010, 07:37 AM
I like both, but I will have to say Zekrom not only because my favorite color is black, but I prefer dull things rather than shiny and because it just looks like epic badness in its soul. It also reminds me of the lonely and hard to understand, I like the way it reminds me of technology, since I love tech (also love nature), but those are my reasons.

Them Bones
December 23rd, 2010, 07:58 AM
Reshiram is awesome! With it's normal & shiny form, it makes it an epic win! Zekrom, well, looks odd in my opinion, and I do not like the color black.

Jonī
December 23rd, 2010, 08:04 AM
Reshiram > Zekrom

Although I'm not too fond of it's typing, it just looks prettier than the big black bug with a lightup rear end.

AHC
December 23rd, 2010, 08:32 AM
I think that reshiram is better than zekrom even though zekrom has really cool typing.

MegaKuriboh
December 23rd, 2010, 12:07 PM
I LOVE BOTH ... BUT if I had to choose just one it would be Zekrom.
Just cause there's something about it that I love...

Le Creep!
December 24th, 2010, 03:57 AM
I like Reshiram because of it's ability and attacks, but I quite like Zekroms design. Who doesn't love blue eyes.

Bluerang1
December 24th, 2010, 10:46 AM
When I first saw them, I was drawn to Zekrom. But by virtue of the version I was intent on getting, I've grown to love Reshiram. I prefer it. It's so elegant and angelic. And like most people say, the eyes are awesome. I also prefer its tail as it's based on a fire fan or something like that, and it doesn't look like an abnormal growth like Zekrom's does.

XBA
December 24th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Reshiram wins hands down. Dragon/Fire. YEAH!

AshPikastar
December 24th, 2010, 11:35 AM
At first I liked Reshiram but after a while I started liking Zekrom more. I think it's because he seems to be a really cool electric type Pokemon and has good moves.

r0bert
December 24th, 2010, 12:03 PM
...Zekrom,by far.
it's awesome! a dragon-electrictype,awesome eyes,glow-in-the-dark chesthair,even a big tail!
so,yeah,Zekrom it is.

Actor
December 24th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Zekrom from day one. (sorry for the rhyme.)

Reshiram looks....unfinished.

Air Pichu
December 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM
To be honest with you, I liked Reshiram at first glance but now I really like Zekrom more. Not only because of typing and competitive battling but it simply looks cool.

Kirbychu
December 24th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Reshiram is a horrid Pokemon. The lack of attention towards anatomy in it's design makes it impossible to look at it seriously. How is something like that capable of flight? Zekrom wins by default. Not to say I don't like Zekrom.

Oh, and wingcrotch.

solarowl
December 24th, 2010, 11:57 PM
I like Zekrom because of design and battling. But I do like Reshiram a little because of its typing.

DREAMZ
December 28th, 2010, 05:49 AM
I like reshiram the best. He is a bit angel like, that's why. :)

Kevin
December 28th, 2010, 06:25 AM
I think Reshiram's design is more angelic and peaceful than Zekrom.
Oh and its typing is cool also; Fire/Dragon. So therefore, I like Reshiram more.

氏 マイケル
December 28th, 2010, 06:43 AM
As soon as I saw the legendaries for Pokemon Black&White, I knew I would pick Zekrom because of his looks and his moves.

me2hack
December 28th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Zekrom, just for the looks and it's type.

Angelroid
December 28th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Both of them, they both have good moveset and it's how you use them. :)

loliwin
December 28th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Reshiram.
The firetail looks so great. XDDDD

Guy
December 28th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Blue, electrical tail dragon with a fierce, eye-catching black design?

Zekrom, please.

If I was more for the elegant look, I might have went for Reshiram. Not to say I don't like it, but Zekrom wins it for me.

Noblebeastx
December 29th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Reshiram is who im going with.Pokemon black all the way.

SharKing319
December 29th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Reshiram. It looks better to me, and its STABs alone are unresisted.

123wert50
December 29th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Zekrom. It's moveset is better IMO.

GlitchCity
December 31st, 2010, 10:34 PM
Reshiram :] I love its design so flipping much. And flames bursting from its tail! lol no one light a match around this beast.

インフェルノの津波
December 31st, 2010, 11:02 PM
Zekrom cause Black is coo yo.

Pokestick, good times.
January 1st, 2011, 07:56 AM
Reshiram looks so pure, and graceful, yet majestic and powerful. I love it :3

/is so getting Black ORZ.

...Though it fits being with N, as in White (N fanboy). They're both awesome, even more so together.
But I want it more xD

psychomew2
January 1st, 2011, 08:23 AM
I think i like zekrom better if for no other reason because its an electric type uber, which has never been done before (unless you count electric type arceus but i dont think many people use that type with him anyways).

Jukain-Arashi
January 1st, 2011, 08:39 AM
I really like Reshiram mainly because it's got high Special Attack and I tend to like those legendaries better xD

PokemonMasterX
January 1st, 2011, 09:39 PM
I gotta go with Zekrom, I like the darkness. I'm getting both though, cause reshiram is pretty cool. But Zekrom is still awesome, No questions asked. I think kyurem beats both, though, or that it has the potential.

skppy1225
January 1st, 2011, 09:45 PM
Reshiram. I like his type combination far more and I think he looks a lot cooler.

Cooker
January 1st, 2011, 09:51 PM
Zekrom looks too robotic, whereas the other one at least has some fur.

Glaciezxstar
January 1st, 2011, 10:06 PM
I like Reshiram better. Even though I love the color black. Something about Zekrom just doesn't appeal me. xD

Yukimi
January 1st, 2011, 10:28 PM
Zekrom looks a little bland to me. I prefer Reshiram.

Manila Luzon
January 2nd, 2011, 01:31 AM
Kyurem obviously

Zekrom, cause it's so amazing :3 Zekrom theme coming up! Reshiram is also quite the cool 'un.

But Zekrom :3

Toshiro.
January 2nd, 2011, 03:56 PM
ZEKROM <333

Seriously, I love it's dark design. It's epic.

atie
January 2nd, 2011, 09:49 PM
Zekrom reminds me of Red-Eyes Metal Dragon he looks more like him then Reshiram looks like Blue-Eyes White Dragon and Reshiram have more the Appearence of a horse with wings then a Dragon (not that im saying that Zekrom looks 100% like a dragon)Red Eyes Metal Dragon FTW!!

flight
January 4th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I'm all for Reshiram, even though I'm getting both Black and White. Zekrom trails so closely, that you might as well consider both of them a tie for me. .__. At first I wasn't very fond of Zekrom, but now I've gotten sorta used to it and I like it just as much as I like Reshiram. I just prefer Reshiram by a slight hair. :D;

Suicune23
January 7th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Why of course Reshiram! Its my 3rd fave Pokemon^^

TwilightBlade
January 7th, 2011, 11:19 AM
When the Sugimori art debuted, I loved loved loved Zekrom. However, after some fanart and sprites, I've grown to love Reshiram a bit more so I want Black version. Either way, both are amazing... ly hard to draw. They're so detailed. I voted for both. XD

Devil Flamingo
January 8th, 2011, 04:03 AM
I don't really get the appeal of Zekrom, other than him being black, having an epic typing, and giving Pikachu speshul powerz, lol.

In other words, Reshiram all the way. Beautiful blue-eyes dragon bamf. <3 He and Ho-Oh are my favourite legendaries, and only Ubers I actually use.

Haonn
January 8th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I like Reshiram the most, it feels better than Zekrom to me [:
- Too bad I'm getting White first, though, which means I won't get Reshiram until next year or something like that ;_; -

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
January 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Reshiram for me because it looks so elegant and I love the fact that it's part fire-type.

MasterΩMind
January 8th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I'm with Reshiram. Dragon+Fire=Almost Universal STAB.

Gulpin
January 8th, 2011, 03:41 PM
When first revealed, I immideatley fell in love with Reshiram. I think that its design is awesome and it is very graceful at the same time. However, with time I fell in love with Zekrom. At first I didn't really like him but with the revelation of the typings I loved the idea of an electric Pokemon who isn't yellow. I also love the use of the tails and how they show their type, as well as both of their animations in-game (its awesome!). Anyway, I think for this I will be voting for both if possible, but if not Zekrom because he will be in the game that I choose, for other Pokemon-exclusive reasons.

flight
January 9th, 2011, 06:36 PM
As I'm skimming over this thread, I see that some replies would prefer Reshiram over Zekrom. The funny part to me is this: I remember when Reshiram and Zekrom were first released, and people immediately fell in love with Zekrom, and was sorta disgusted by Reshiram because it has....um...hair in some very...strange areas. So yeah. xDD Does anyone else notice this too? .__.;

AngelXavier
January 9th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I like Reshi because of it's Angelic design.

On the other hand, I love the way that Zekrom was typed, and how he looks too.

Eurydice
January 9th, 2011, 08:14 PM
i would have to say Reshiram.
i dont know anything about attacks or anything but just for looks i choose reshi

The Red Chain
January 9th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I think the "like level" for Reshiram has gone up now because originally, all we had of Zekrom and Reshiram was their Sugimori art. Now that time has passed and more things for the duo are being revealed, like 3D scenes from the game, origins, sprites, and short videos of "animu" Reshiram and Zekrom, everyone is starting to see more of the duo than before. More reasons to like them have come up. ^^

... Not to speak for everyone, but that's what made me like Zekrom more than I did originally. :x
Yes, I said Zekrom not Reshiram. XDD I thought Zekrom had too many parts that were almost blatant snatches from Palkia's design, like it's stomach, so I wasn't very happy at first. D:

But now I love that big electric beast! <33

sorry if the first paragraph made hardly any sense, i'm tired again.. >w>;

Fushigidane-Chan
January 9th, 2011, 09:09 PM
A surprisingly high number of people voted for Reshiram, considering it was the less popular when they were both revealed...

I prefer Zekrom, personally, although neither are exceptional Pokemon in my opinion. They're cool and all, and I prefer them to Dialga and Palkia, but I'm kind of tired of the big, almost robotic-looking mascots.

flight
January 9th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I think the like level for Reshiram has gone up now is because originally, all we had of Zekrom and Reshiram was their Sugimori art. Now that time has passed and more things for the duo are being revealed, like 3D scenes from the game, origins, sprites, and short videos of "animu" Reshiram and Zekrom, everyone is starting to see more of the duo than before. More reasons to like them have come up. ^^

... Not to speak for everyone, but that's what made me like Zekrom more than I did originally. :x
Yes, I said Zekrom not Reshiram. XDD I thought Zekrom had too many parts that were almost blatant snatches from Palkia's design, like it's stomach, so I wasn't very happy at first. D:

But now I love that big electric beast! <33

sorry if the first paragraph made hardly any sense, i'm tired again.. >w>;

When I saw the trailer for B/W, I didn't like Zekrom initially, but the trailers actually made me reconsider. As stated by AngelXavier,

I like Reshi because of it's Angelic design.

That has also attached me to it because of it's awesomeness. Zekrom just looks plain awesome, so that's what makes it even harder to choose between the two. Though knowing me, the obvious should be Reshiram. xDD;

Meganium
January 9th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I've leaned towards Zekrom, because it's Dragon/Electric... two of my favorite types.

Tashiro
January 12th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Reshiram. It looks serene, but as if it could destroy anything in its path if it wanted. In other words, it looks the way I feel. I also appreciate its lack of an ice weakness, though water and stealth rock will be irksome in battle. =.= Oh well, it's another Pokémon for my über team, so why should I complain? (Because I feel like it, duh!)

Zekrom, though... I'll have to get both. <3

Cherrim
January 12th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I am seriously surprised the poll is slanted more toward Reshiram. D: I don't know many people who really like it.

Anyway, I chose Zekrom. I've always had a penchant for electric types and it looks really cool! Reshiram is weird, looks like it should be albino (that'd be cool, I'll admit) and has a very awkward tuft of hair on its crotch! I'm excited to pick up White in English so I can finally have a Zekrom of my own!

mochilicious
January 12th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Reshiram. I like its face and plus, it's part-Fire-type, which is my favorite type.

xxxLatiasxxx
January 12th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I like Reshiram more than Zekrom but don't get me wrong I like both of them.
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/xxxLatiasxxx91/CarlyCarminepicture9.jpg

ShinyFufu
January 12th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Reshiram. Zekrom looks like some kinda mecha.

Apotheosis
January 13th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Reshiram actually looks better to me. Apart from that weird tuft xD I don't really like Zekrom's appearance, but it still looks a lot better than the 4th gen legendaries :3

Also, I like how Reshiram turns orange from its fire. I think they should have kept the electricity from pokémon yellow, it's a bit weird that some pokémon give off blue electricity and others yellow.

Hamako-chan
January 13th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I like Zekrom Better.
Never seen a thunder/dragon type before.

Blue
January 13th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Zekrom, he's got an awesome design but I just prefere Reshiram, it's part fire too which I think is great, and I prefere the lightness.

shinyabsol1
January 20th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I like Zekrom better...but mostly because I detest the way Reshiram looks. Does it remind anyone else of a giant flying fire chicken?

Rawrinism
January 20th, 2011, 09:53 PM
At first I liked Reshiram. Then it was Zekrom. And now Reshiram. :3

Kaori
January 21st, 2011, 04:13 AM
Before I mentioned Zekrom was really bland, but he actually has a really cool design. n_n I still do prefer Reshiram however, which explains why I'll be getting Black.

Blue
January 21st, 2011, 04:51 AM
I do prefere Dragon & Electric to Dragon & Fire, which almost made me choose Zekrom, but I still prefere Reshiram's look.

Garde
January 21st, 2011, 05:53 AM
Reshiram. I'm a sucker for blue eyes and he looks like the dragon from Neverending Story and is just so fluffy.

Zekrom is cool too, but Reshiram is a lot more unique in my opinion- there's no other Pokemon that looks quite like it. Whereas there are a lot of dragon/dinosaur badass Pokemon like Zekrom.

TheBattleProductions
January 21st, 2011, 06:19 AM
I would have to say zekrom because he looks very cool and he is strong

Kamitsure-chan
January 21st, 2011, 12:09 PM
I prefer Reshiram, it looks absolutely beautiful. I originally leaned towards Reshiram when it and Zekrom were revealed, but then I noticed the tuft, which kind of turned me off to it for a while... But I've gotten used to it, and it's become one of my favorites. Besides, I even like its name better than Zekrom's XD. Reshiram just overall looks more graceful to me than Zekrom does, and I'm really liking that they finally put a dragon/fire in the games.

TheChaosBlue
January 21st, 2011, 02:38 PM
I like both honestly. I may be getting White, but I wish I can have both...
Reshiram has that cool yet majestic flair to it, and Zekrom had that loner and jagged look to it. They compliment each other beautifully.
Stat wise I like Reshiram a little more only because of its Special Attack. Other than that, nothing else.
Design-wise, Zekrom takes the cake. It has an uber-cool design and is much more streamlined looking than Reshiram, who has so much on it I thought at first if that was a Pokemon to begin with...
That's my two cents on this.

Corvus of the Black Night
January 21st, 2011, 03:04 PM
Zekrom's design is boring to me. Reshy looks like a cloudy dragon which is kind of awesome though.

Who cares, legendary Pokemon are trophies to me anyhow. I never use them.

Lexie_Larue
January 21st, 2011, 06:36 PM
I highly prefer Reshiram, not that Zekrom is bad but the look of Reshiram is just more pleasing to the eye, not to mention its shiny form is even more beautiful...however I do have to agree with Corvidae, legendaries to me are merely trophies >.<

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
January 21st, 2011, 06:50 PM
Poor Kyurem get's no love :(? Lol joking but I think it should be discussed in this thread as it's part of the "Tao trio" :)
I like Zekrom due to it's mechanical look plus it's part Electric and part Dragon my two favorite types in one Pokemon ;)

Esperelis
January 22nd, 2011, 03:07 AM
Between those two,I choose Zekrom.As for me, he looks much nicer than Reshiram

ger345
January 22nd, 2011, 07:29 AM
I in genraly like reshiram better, I mean zekroms cool, but reshirams better.
Dragon and Fire is awsome together! Generaly, dragons breathe fire! So, reshirams more realistic looking to!