PDA

View Full Version : [Essentials script] Very Simple HoF system...

zingzags
December 12th, 2010, 07:27 PM
took about 10min to make....

class SceneHoF

def pbUpdate
pbUpdateSpriteHash(@sprites)
end

def pbEndScene
pbDisposeSpriteHash(@sprites)
@viewport.dispose
end

#placement for pokemon icons
def pbStartScene
@sprites={}
@viewport=Viewport.new(0,0,Graphics.width, Graphics.height)
@viewport.z=99999
#/Battlers/firstframe//%03d
@sprites["bg"]=Sprite.new(@viewport)
@sprites["bg"].bitmap = BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/save/saveBG")
@sprites["bg"].x=0
@sprites["bg"].y=400#340
@sprites["bg"].z=999998

if $Trainer.party.length>=1
@pkm1=Sprite.new
@pkm1=AnimatedSprite.create(sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/firstframe/%03d",$Trainer.party[0].species),1,1)
@pkm1.x=49
@pkm1.y=587
@pkm1.z=999999
@pkm1.start
end

if $Trainer.party.length>=2
@pkm2=Sprite.new
@pkm2=AnimatedSprite.create(sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/firstframe/%03d",$Trainer.party[1].species),1,1)
@pkm2.x=100
@pkm2.y=587
@pkm2.z=999999
@pkm2.start
end

if $Trainer.party.length>=3
@pkm3=Sprite.new
@pkm3=AnimatedSprite.create(sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/firstframe/%03d",$Trainer.party[2].species),1,1)
@pkm3.x=151
@pkm3.y=587
@pkm3.z=999999
@pkm3.start
end

if $Trainer.party.length>=4
@pkm4=Sprite.new
@pkm4=AnimatedSprite.create(sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/firstframe/%03d",$Trainer.party[3].species),1,1)
@pkm4.x=202
@pkm4.y=@pkm1.y
@pkm4.z=999999
@pkm4.start
end

if $Trainer.party.length>=5
@pkm5=Sprite.new
@pkm5=AnimatedSprite.create(sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/firstframe/%03d",$Trainer.party[4].species),1,1)
@pkm5.x=253
@pkm5.y=@pkm1.y
@pkm5.z=999999
@pkm5.start
end

if $Trainer.party.length==6
@pkm6=Sprite.new
@pkm6=AnimatedSprite.create(sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/firstframe/%03d",$Trainer.party[5].species),1,1)
@pkm6.x=304
@pkm6.y=@pkm1.y
@pkm6.z=999999
@pkm6.start

end

end

def pbScene
loop do
Graphics.update
Input.update
pbUpdate

Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Congradulations, You guys are the Elite Four Victors!!!"))
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("You, and your team of pokemon, has collected all eight pokemon badges, and defeated the elite four...."))
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This is a momentus day, is there anything you guys will like to say?"))

# to make an exit use break
end
end
end

class HoFScreen
def initialize(scene)
@scene = scene
end
def pbStartScreen
@scene.pbStartScene
@scene.pbScene
@scene.pbEndScene
end
end

http://i54.tinypic.com/5lp2qc.jpg

This is a very simple HoF system, after beating the elite four, I doubt many of you will reach this far but what they hay, I doubt I will probably reach this far too....

Consider it my early Christmas to Planetdev, PC, and luka's forum......

Sorry I posted the other one in the tutorial section, if a mod see it can you please delete

thepsynergist
December 13th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Can you use this on a one screen game? I don't want to use the duel screens.

KitsuneKouta
December 14th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Can you use this on a one screen game? I don't want to use the duel screens.It works just fine with single screens. Just change the y values. Also, this script works with luka's animated battlers script, so if you aren't using it, you'll have to take firstframes out of the directory name for battler's images.

Also, it works nicely, and is simple enough that it can be edited and whatnot without having to worry messing things up. Good job. I did get an error when breaking the loop though. It looks for a "main" method that doesn't exist, and I haven't had time to actually look for the cause of it.

zingzags
December 14th, 2010, 02:35 PM
It works just fine with single screens. Just change the y values. Also, this script works with luka's animated battlers script, so if you aren't using it, you'll have to take firstframes out of the directory name for battler's images.

Also, it works nicely, and is simple enough that it can be edited and whatnot without having to worry messing things up. Good job. I did get an error when breaking the loop though. It looks for a "main" method that doesn't exist, and I haven't had time to actually look for the cause of it.

Lol I purposely did not add the break, but yea it can be greatly expanded upon...