PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter fan club!

Toothache
December 1st, 2004, 07:57 AM
Right, I don't know how many of you are out there, but I know there's at least one mod out there who's a Street Fighter fan. So, I'm making a Street Fighter fan club, for anyone who's a fan of the games, anime series and comics (but not the live-action movie, blech!).

So, welcome one and all!

Members List:
Toothache - owner
DarkLink
Breakout
Megatron
rsgh5
LiquidThunder
Ash Ketchum From Pallet
22sa
Pokemon Veteran

BigBoss
December 1st, 2004, 08:25 AM
I wanna join! I love the games! XD I've beeen playing them since Street Fighter Turbo! (SNES)

Breakout
December 1st, 2004, 08:29 AM
I have Street Fighter II for the Sega Megadrive, does that make me a fan?

Toothache
December 1st, 2004, 08:30 AM
Great, that's one more than I was expecting! I've been playing the games since Street Fighter I, talk about old classics. SFII set the standard though.

Question for new members - favourite character? Mine is obviously Akuma (check my avatar)

EDIT: Hehe, you posted before me, Breakout. Welcome to the club, you two :-)

Any more wanna join?

BigBoss
December 1st, 2004, 08:33 AM
My fave character is.... Ryu! XD

Breakout
December 1st, 2004, 08:35 AM
Favourite character? Probably Ryu, I like all his moves.

Toothache
December 1st, 2004, 08:37 AM
Personally, I find Ryu a little slow for my tastes, and I have a preference for speedy characters or characters that can combo/recover quickly.

Breakout
December 1st, 2004, 09:02 AM
I like his powerful punches and kicks (Triple Uppercut)
I also like Ryu's solid and intense style (if painfully slow)

http://img53.exs.cx/img53/1805/ryu.png
Look at Ryu go

BigBoss
December 1st, 2004, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I'm not much of a speedy person fan XD I find Ryu's style the best XD

Toothache
December 1st, 2004, 02:28 PM
Interesting screenshot- stage and opponent I don't recognise though. Is this from Street Fighter III (one of the few I haven't played is the two Street Fighter 3 games).

Breakout
December 2nd, 2004, 08:23 AM
Is this from Street Fighter III ^ Yes, it is.

I think the 1994 Super Street Fighter II is the best in the series. I even bought the GBA version of it [Super Street Fighter II: Turbo Revival]

Megatron
December 4th, 2004, 06:28 PM
I want to join, I saw the anime series and I thought it was really good. My favorite character is Ken with his awsome uppercuts.

ryan
December 4th, 2004, 06:34 PM
mine's ken too, followed by eagle, and then... probably cammy. i own with ken. i've beat streetfighter alpha 3 on my gba so many times on hardest difficulty with him (no continues of course) but, ya... ken in red suit is my fav. street fighter.
*upper cut followed by spinning kick! o ya! 7 hit combo gentlemen!*
are we gonna stick fancy street fighter sprites in our sigs or something sweet like that? o wait... first can i join?

Toothache
December 9th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Yeah, both of you added to the members list.

And I'm sure there are some SF sprites around somewhere, I'll have a look around see what I can find, and you guys can post them as well if you find any

ryan
December 9th, 2004, 07:07 PM
hey, i've found some sprites
http://www.shinmugen.net/gifs/capcom/Ken/snkvs.capcompropsx5.gif http://www.shinmugen.net/gifs/capcom/Ryu/ryu-cvs-stance.gif http://www.shinmugen.net/gifs/capcom/Akuma/akuma-reg-stance.gif http://www.shinmugen.net/gifs/capcom/Blanka/blanka-electric.gif http://www.shinmugen.net/gifs/capcom/Dan/dan5.gif http://www.shinmugen.net/gifs/capcom/Charlie/sf-charlie2.gif and there are plenty more where those came from. are those alright to use in sigs?

Breakout
December 10th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Here is a pic/banner that I made, you can use it in your sigs too if you want.

http://img85.exs.cx/img85/1892/ryu2sm.png

Toothache
December 10th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Nice find, rsgh5, and I like the banner, Breakout.

*runs off to edit his signature...*

ryan
December 10th, 2004, 03:02 PM
dibs on ken in my sig! *adds ken to his sig*

Kyosuke
December 10th, 2004, 11:37 PM
I'll join too, I've been playing street fighter for as long as I can remember, I even play something called "Street Fighter Online"( which is X-men vs. Street Fighter but you can play online with others) everyday XD.

Ken is the best character is my opinon, he has speed and strong moves. After alot of denial, I've come to the conclusion that Ryu is just the better fighter but just a bit slower. (Of course Akuma could take them both at the same time XD) Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma are pretty cool too.

Heh, nice gifs I've made so many street fighter themed banners in the past:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/cinqtu/Thunder.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/cinqtu/sakryu.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/cinqtu/akr.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/cinqtu/11.gif

And even more then that.

Toothache
December 11th, 2004, 06:38 AM
HEhe, I was wondering when you'd come and join, Liquid. I'll just add you to the members list.

DarknessMonkey
December 11th, 2004, 07:01 AM
I Will Join!
My Favorite Character Is Ryu & I Have Played Lots Of Street Fighter Games!
(Up To The SNES)

Toothache
December 11th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Sure thing. That's one more for the members list. It's like unlocking characters :-)

Kyosuke
December 11th, 2004, 01:36 PM
HEhe, I was wondering when you'd come and join, Liquid. I'll just add you to the members list.

When I read the description of the thread, I automatically knew you were talking about me XD, it just took a while to discover this club. Its good to knwo that the're are fans of Street Fighter on PC.

Who's better? Akuma or Shin Akuma?

ryan
December 11th, 2004, 02:23 PM
akuma is better, shin akuma gets owned... he has no HP at all...

Toothache
December 12th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Shin Akuma has the speed to overcome his low defences though. I usually prefer to fight as Akuma, but Shin can be fun for a challenge. Don't forget that Shin also hits a lot harder too, as well as being quicker.

Kyosuke
December 12th, 2004, 12:42 PM
I like using Shin Akuma for his strength only, I think that form is when the Dark Hadou completely comsumes him.

When the dark hadou consumes Ryu and he becomes evil, I think that he's the same level as normal Akuma at that level.

Toothache
December 12th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Shin Akuma is more like Akuma when he stops holding back. I think Evil Ryu is less powerful than Shin, but has more powerful Hadouken

Kyosuke
December 12th, 2004, 08:01 PM
When Ryu let's his power consume him he gets crazy, I read the comic when Ryu fought he counterpart in the forest, and Evil Ryu looked crazy.

It seems to me that Ryu dousn't ever play his best, I think if Ryu gave it his all he could beat Akuma in a match. But Akuma would proberly do the Raging Demon and just kill Ryu if he had to.

Toothache
December 16th, 2004, 11:37 PM
You guys don't have to wait for me to post, you know...

And it's possible to survive the Shungokusatsu, if you clear your mind of all evil. Gen did this little trick when fighting Akuma, stopped him being dragged to hell.

ryan
December 17th, 2004, 11:47 AM
gen's a cool guy. old guys are normally pretty awesome. does anybody know if any of the characters in street fighter other than eagle are based on real people? eagle was based on freddie mercury from queen.

Toothache
December 17th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Well, in Street Fighter 1 (yes, I've played and completed that, final boss was Sagat and he was a pain), Eagle was a street punk, but I like his Freddie Mercury look.

Balrog was based off Mike Tyson (his Japanese name was M Bison, who we know as Bison is called Vega, and Vega is Balrog). That's about the only other famous people I can name in SF.

Oh, and random fact - Zangeif is gay. No joke.

Breakout
December 17th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Just wondering, is the Street Fighter anime any good?

THIRTY-SIX
December 17th, 2004, 11:57 AM
would like to join using blanka in sig and the anime kinda sucks the american one *they had american accents* the films are good, only saw 2 episodes

Breakout
December 17th, 2004, 12:08 PM
It doesn't matter if they aren't too good, I'll probably download them anyways

Toothache
December 17th, 2004, 12:11 PM
I've got all the episodes of the Street Fighter 2 V anime, and it's pretty good. Worth watching all the way, gives you a lot more of a detailed look into Ryu and Ken and the rest of the SF cast.

Kyosuke
December 17th, 2004, 12:15 PM
I'm not really a big fan of the episodes, I enjoy the movies more. I like Street Fighter Alpha, better then the edited version of Street Fighter: The animated movie.

Breakout
December 17th, 2004, 12:15 PM
I had a chance to download them all in AVI format, DVD rip too but I didn't. I kinda wish I got them now. Oh well I suppose real media will have to do.

22sa
December 20th, 2004, 12:57 PM
I'll join! Sakura is my favourite character. But Akuma and Ryu are the easiest to play.

For their appearance MvsC2, I prefer the faster characters. No favourites though. Cammy, Akuma, Sakura, they're all cool!

Kyosuke
December 20th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Sakura is cool, always trying to be like Ryu, and she can really hold her own in battle.

In MvsC2, the team I usually pick is Ken, Akuma, and Hayato. Combined, they can take anybody XD.

ryan
December 20th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Oh, and random fact - Zangeif is gay. No joke.
so is eagle (just like freddie mercury)

22sa
December 20th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Sakura is cool, always trying to be like Ryu, and she can really hold her own in battle.

In MvsC2, the team I usually pick is Ken, Akuma, and Hayato. Combined, they can take anybody XD.lol, You haven't played good players yet, have you? Hayato is slow, Ken has full range disadvantage, and Akuma's warp has lag unlike Sakura's. I absolutely love Ken and Akuma's anti-air assists, though! And comboing with Hayato is loads of fun.

What's with Zangeif being gay? =( I like Zangeif, but his supers in MvC2 are seriously too weak.

Toothache
December 20th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Ok, adding 22sa to the list :-) Welcome to the club.

Kyosuke
December 20th, 2004, 07:10 PM
lol, You haven't played good players yet, have you? Hayato is slow, Ken has full range disadvantage, and Akuma's warp has lag unlike Sakura's. I absolutely love Ken and Akuma's anti-air assists, though! And comboing with Hayato is loads of fun.

What's with Zangeif being gay? =( I like Zangeif, but his supers in MvC2 are seriously too weak.

Those 3 have their moments XD, Hayato can hold his own also but just needs constant practicing to make good use of him, especially when he turns into his alter-ego.

The thing with Zangeif is that he's good and all, but the only real damage that can be is his grappling, and by that time he leaves himself open for attack. In CvsSNK, he's alot better but if you get caught in his super its over, just put the joystick or controller down XP.

ryan
December 21st, 2004, 07:45 AM
ya... zangeif sometimes gets the better of me, cuz i try to roll around behind him to beat the crap out of him, but he normally responds too quickly with a massive grab. (this' when i'm using ken)

22sa
December 22nd, 2004, 02:03 PM
lol, I just keep hitting him and keep sending assists. Even in SNK, he's too predictable IMO.

Kyosuke
December 28th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Here's another question: What's everyone favourite Street Fighter game?

Street Fighter Alpha 3 just did it for me. When I played the first two I felt that there was just something missing, and the third one had it all. I especially liked the 2-1 matches.... ah good times XD.

But for stratagy, Capcom vs. Snk 2: EO (or the Millienium version). Without knowing how to properly play and learning the moves, its gonna be tough to win while having the difficulty high, or facing an advanced player.

Stevo-kun
December 28th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Hey can I join I like Ryu and his Sis (I think he has one XD) Ive only play Street Fighter V SNK 2 EO and Street Fighter 2 Alpha (I think thats right XD.)

Pokemon_Veteran

Kyosuke
December 28th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Ryu dousen't have a sister XD, if you're referring to Sakura she's his "#1 fan" so she's often seen as a little sister of some sort.

Stevo-kun
December 29th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Oops sorry XD. Plus yeah I meant Sakura XD and am I in the club?

Pokemon_Veteran

Toothache
January 1st, 2005, 05:38 AM
Sure thing. Wow, no-one's been here in a few days. Anyway, adding Pokemon Veteran to the list.

ryan
January 2nd, 2005, 09:11 AM
i've played street fighter alpha 3 the most, so that's probably got to be my favorite, although i do like capcom vs. snk 2 a lot, but that's not really streetfighter...

Kyosuke
January 2nd, 2005, 04:59 PM
Well its sorta a mix between Street Fighter and SNK, the fighting style is more of an SNK type thing, but in some ways the combos, and playing style are Street Fighter III: Third Strike.

ryan
March 10th, 2005, 04:50 PM
i'm trying to get really good with dan so i can really shame people. i was working on his combos last weekend for over an hour. which is a lot considering i have the SATs in 2 days...

Kyosuke
March 10th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Dan is a tricky one to play with, alot of people consider him as a "joke" character XD.

I'm still trying to improve my Ken though, its good but could be better.

*thinks about getting a joystick*

ryan
March 11th, 2005, 02:51 PM
are there any good joy sticks for gcn?