PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] What sparked your initial interest in Black and White?

Forever
December 15th, 2010, 11:05 PM
When Black and White were first announced, there were many mixed reactions. Many people were excited for a fifth generation, yet some (even myself) didn't really care and would rather if there wasn't a fifth generation.

Think back to that time, what made you interested in the upcoming games?
Was it the Pokemon you first saw? Was it the fact that everybody else was excited? Or maybe it was the 3D features, or something along those lines?

Or! Were you one of those people who became interested in the games a little while after they were announced?
If so, what was it due to, the Pokemon being released, the speculation, the hype, etc.

Note: If you aren't excited/interested in the games at all, post your reasons why in the pros and cons discussion thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=232374), because this thread is only for those who are excited, or interested in Black and White.

As for me, I didn't really care about the games when they were first announced. I think the main thing that got me interested in was probably speculating here in this forum. With endless possibilities of what we thought could happen, I became interested in each new feature and Pokemon announced and eventually excited for the games as a whole.

King Gumball
December 15th, 2010, 11:16 PM
I first became excited when I first saw the pokemon. I was a little excited when it was announced and when Zorua was revealed, but then it all died down and I forgot about it for a while. Then as more details started to be released I got more involved with what was happening and joined in speculation at Serebii. Then I joined PC looking for a better thread/forum to discuss in and it was all the speculating here that really got me excited. Mainly the pokemon and characters sparked my attention, and started to love discussing the character and pokemon art more than speculating.

And I am still really excited and there are so many things I know I haven't noticed yet, so I am forever searching every tiny detail on Black and White.

The Red Chain
December 15th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Well, I initially thought that the B&W games were going to suck eggs. :x
I mean after the bull they called the 4th generation, I had no high expectations for gen 5 whatsoever. What really caught my eye was the day when Zorua and Zoroark were first revealed. I thought to myself, "Omg, if gen 5 Pokemon came out looking that great, this generation may actually not suck!". So, after that I took interest. The screen shots all caught my eye but the only thing I didn't like was how.. industrial the whole thing looked. Got over it after I saw how the rest of the Isshu region looked though. Beautiful. <3 The names were revealed and I can't say I was happy at first, but they quickly grew on me since I love the concept of the pigments.

The starters were revealed and I was finally hooked. Sold. Gone. XDD
Later on down the line I took so much interest in gen 5 that I stumbled upon this forum to post a little, and now I'm here till it's death and maybe even longer after! I even got my own copy of White which I told myself I wasn't going to do when they announced that there would be a 5th generation.. before everything else was revealed. Took it all back of course!
How the heck could I say no when every bit of news brought me closer and closer to the games?
They sure ninja'd me.

Gotta love Black & White. <3

tobi-ksla
December 16th, 2010, 12:04 AM

What first got me interested in Black and White was Touko. The fact that she's supposed to be older than the previous protagonists makes is somewhat worthwhile.

Skitty123
December 16th, 2010, 12:06 AM
i got excited with all the good graphics.
i mean they went a little overboard in some parts

Haza
December 16th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I was excited simply to see the 5th Generation Pokemon in its entirety but the graphics wowed me right away. I'd say a combination of the Pokemon designs and the games general graphics.

Shinjiro
December 16th, 2010, 01:47 AM
I was so excited! Why? Obvious. I love the series.

Twiggy
December 16th, 2010, 02:06 AM
I got interested when the games were announced. Especially when they started to give out information. The thing that made me excited? Maybe the starters and the improved battle graphics. Triple battles and more Pokémon did the same thing too.

Regeneration
December 16th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Nothing really specific. Any new Pokemon game makes me excited. :D Except Pokemon Ranger. >O

PlatinumDude
December 16th, 2010, 03:39 AM
What got me into B/W is the new Pokemon. I wanted to see how good they are in battle, and how they mesh with the older ones. I was also excited for new, interesting designs that GF would come up.

Dillon_68
December 16th, 2010, 09:16 AM
I liked Zorua and Zoroark when they were revealed, but it was the promise of reviving the series in a fresh way that piqued my interest. After I saw how clean the interface was, the HIGHLY ANTICIPATED inclusion of seasons, and the starters, I fell in love.

Fushigidane-Chan
December 16th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Obviously, I was interested in Black and White because they were Pokemon games. I was also excited because I wasn't around for the beginning of the third and fourth generations, and it would be the first time I'd get to experience a new generation (and therefore Pokemon, region, and characters) since its announcement.

mrunner4home
December 16th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I got excited first because it was the new generation and it was 3d. then i got more excited when I found out how different they were gonna be.

but I didn't get REALLY excited till I found out they are way better than d/p/pl. after those I was thinking the pokemon games were starting to fail on me and go downhill but that doesn't seem to be the case :)

Kevin
December 16th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Well, new region, new generation... New everything, actually. Better graphics, new gym leaders and Pokemon, the storyline is different... Something new to play wanted me interested in Black and White.

Toshiro.
December 16th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I became excited about these two games because of the new region. Being far away from the other four, it sparked my interest. Also, with Zurua and Zoroark being released first, I became interested in seeing the other new pokemon designs.

TrilbyMenetti
December 16th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Two things really. The Grass starter (could possibly be my favourite starter in terms of look and style) and the inspired move to get these games as far away from the previous ones as possible, so it can be a bit more unique in a way (I love Kanto, but it's gotten over-relied on in the past).

deneric
December 16th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I just ALWAYS get excited when there's a new pokemon game!

Ashdude
December 16th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Nothing really specific. Any new Pokemon game makes me excited. :D Except Pokemon Ranger. >O

Too true. Any news of a new Pokemon game, without the word "Ranger" in the title, is exciting.

Kaean
December 16th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I think what most caught my attention was the season thing. When I read about it I started telling everyone about it like a 5 year old.

Meganium
December 16th, 2010, 05:28 PM
What really got me interested was the improved graphics in the game. Also, I already know what starter I'm going to choose when I first start the game (Snivy). And the 3-pokemon battles? I find that impressive.

MrsNorrington
December 16th, 2010, 05:52 PM
It's obvious why I was interested in Black/White! Ever since Red, I've been looking forward to each and every new Pokemon game!

I was really excited for a new generation of Pokemon, a new region, new villianious team, new older play characters, new 3-D graphics and animated battles!!

The first Pokemon I saw of generation 5 was Zoroak. When I first saw him I wasn't sure he was legit. I thought he might be a fake Pokemon from one of those hack games.

I was so excited I imported both games from Japan! They're amazing!!!

Pwnyta Jockey
December 16th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Mamanbou

Luvdisc evolves? But no. Mamanbou is not related to Luvdisc.

loliwin
December 17th, 2010, 01:36 AM
tbh, what sparked my interest was that Oshawott sea otter thing, its so adorable :) although i hate its third evo. :(

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 17th, 2010, 02:42 AM
"New Pocket Monsters game!"

"No old Pocket Monsters!"

zoo3891
December 17th, 2010, 12:47 PM
I was on Serebii and noticed a bulletin about a new pokemon named Zororua (or whatever it was called). After that i did some research and Voila!! I'm not too excited but when march comes...

Team Fail
December 17th, 2010, 09:04 PM

"No old Pocket Monsters!"

Ha! That's so true. ._.

I remember looking up "Gen 5 pokemon" on Google. A week later, Zorua and Zororark were announced. WTF?

Anyways, I remember the first magazine scans... Le Sigh...
http://toonbarn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Dark-type-Pokemon-Zoroark.jpg
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/cave-big.jpg
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/image2-big.jpg
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/image3.jpg
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/centre.jpg
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/city-big.jpg
That got me interested in the game. The first thing I did was show it to all my friends.

JustinDestruction
December 17th, 2010, 10:29 PM
It was really just the fact that we knew a new Pokémon game was coming out, and that I was ready for a new adventure with new Pokémon. I saw Zorua and Zoroark on serebii.net and thought "I need those Pokémon, they are epic."

The new graphics and battle animations seemed promising, as well as many of the features. I was rather disappointed that the Pokémon following you was removed though. At first when I saw the new starters I was immediately turned off, fearing a generation of Pokémon that I would like even less than those from D/P. As more were released though, I found some to be pretty interesting, so that also helped. The new features all seemed pretty cool, and I liked that there was now a difference between Black and White aside from the Pokémon found in them. In addition to all of that, Team Plasma, N, and the whole cast of new characters-and the fact they're now 18-really interested me.

Bay Alexison
December 17th, 2010, 11:36 PM
What actually got me interested in Black and White are Reshiram and Zekrom. I know about those two dark type foxes, but I wasn't getting any high expectations on the fifth gen games yet. When the legendaries were revealed though, I suddenly wanted to know more about what kind of roles they'll play and what kind of game Black and White will be. I tend began keeping up with most of the Black and White news and now I'm really excited for the games.

Bluerang1
December 18th, 2010, 04:40 AM
I agree with Forever, it was the speculation that got me interested. But also, "Like OMG, they're making ANOTHER GENERATION?!! *screams*" Diamond was my first proper Pokemon game, one that I actually owned, so I was introduced to Pokemon gaming quite late, 2006/7 I think. Basically, after playing that and hearing there was another Generation around the corner I became excited and wanted to talk about it with the rest of you. I had some good time in that Gen 5 Discussion Thread on Pokemon General.

First Pokemon I saw was Zoroark, wasn't really interested in it as it looked quite bland. Zoroa was cute though, but I like both Pokemon now. Next were Reshiram and Zekrom which were awesome. I liked Zekrom first but after realising Reshiram would be in Black, which I wanted to get, I warmed to it. And then it was SNIVY BABY! :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
December 18th, 2010, 12:06 PM
What interested me was the chance to see a new region and new pokemon :) (this was before the region was or the names were even released and I only knew about two pokemon)
Haha maybe that explains why I'm like the number 1 BW fanboy :)

Logan_AT
December 18th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I admit to being an old fart (Gen 3 and 4? Bah, git offa my lawn, kids!) when it comes to pokemon games, so when B/W's dex was announced I was rather indifferent to the whole affair. The new game mechanics caught my vague interest--I scoffed at it first, but now that there's more data about it I've changed my mind and wouldn't mind trying it out myself. That the game forces you to use a whole different set of Pokemon until you pass the Elite sounds like a chance to build up a whole new team and strategy, though considering how the new pokemon fit almost too neatly in the typing slots of the first generation, I'm not sure if that's really what it will accomplish.

...And the billion legendary dragons. What the heck, people. I like my dragons as much as the next guy, but THIS many all at once?

I'm willing to drop money to give this game a chance, but I'm skeptical about it delivering everything its been hyped about.

otaku-dono
December 18th, 2010, 06:19 PM
The potential for cool new Pokemon really. I knew that the Pokemon I'd like the most overall wouldn't be released before the games were (it tends to be the case), but I still decided to slug it out since Pokemon is just so good.

shinyabsol1
December 18th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Just the fact that Black and White are the newest Pokemon games sparked my interest. Aren't we all just waiting for new Pokemon adventures to play? :D

December 18th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Just the fact that Black and White are the newest Pokemon games sparked my interest. Aren't we all just waiting for new Pokemon adventures to play? :D
I agree with you, I waited for a long time for a fifth gen and was happy like crazy to get to have a new adventure in a new region with new pokemon, when the new gen was announced I posted 20 speculation post if not more every day on the topic to show my excitement...

shinyabsol1
December 18th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I agree with you, I waited for a long time for a fifth gen and was happy like crazy to get to have a new adventure in a new region with new pokemon, when the new gen was announced I posted 20 speculation post if not more every day on the topic to show my excitement...

Ah I was the same when the games were announced...And on the day that the entire Pokedex was leaked I got crazy excited and couldn't think about anything else.

December 18th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Ah I was the same when the games were announced...And on the day that the entire Pokedex was leaked I got crazy excited and couldn't think about anything else.
I was also excited (and skeptical about the Pokedex) when it was first revealed. One of the things that helped increased my excitement was the announcement of the Legendary mascots, they looks so awesome, Reshiram was so angelic, while Zekrom was mechanical and scary looking :)

shinyabsol1
December 18th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I was also excited (and skeptical about the Pokedex) when it was first revealed. One of the things that helped increased my excitement was the announcement of the Legendary mascots, they looks so awesome, Reshiram was so angelic, while Zekrom was mechanical and scary looking

I actually was kind of annoyed by Reshiram...it reminds me of a giant fire chicken, which is not cool in my opinion. I agree that Zekrom is awesome, though.

dragon0fangz
December 18th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I first heard about it no more than 30 minutes after Zoroark's silhouette was revealed. I was like "5th Gen, F YEAH!" Funny thing, I was just getting stoked over the upcoming HG/SS English releases.

butterbiscuit
December 18th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Well, I always get interested in Pokemon games probably just because it's a Pokemon game. XD
The fact that I'm also going to see new Pokemon and a new region helps, too.

fenyx4
December 21st, 2010, 12:31 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2c/PSGEN5.png

Well, at first I was worried that Arceus and his "Pokemon-creation" concept would serve as a strange finality to the main series games' Pokemon, especially with the ending number (493 during Gen 4) being so close to a solid 500. That silhouette had me really worried. A twig-like arm, weird hair, and a freaking Pokemon ponytail? What is this guy trying to be? But when that turned into this menacing beast...

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a6/571Zoroark.png

...I had very high hopes that Generation V would have promise. Zorua wasn't too bad either. Proceed to the silhouettes of the starters. They could have gone wrong in so many ways. :cer_no: When the full-colored starter designs were revealed, I was amazed. Six new Pokemon slowly unveiled, and all of them look cool?!

The revealed names Pokemon Black and White Versions hyped me up even more. I first found out the titles on Spriters' Resource, with a simple statement of "Black and White have been announced. Woo." I rushed back to Bulbapedia and PokeCommunity, because I just knew that anything involving distinctive colors coming in a pair being mentioned on a website related to videogames is bound to be Pokemon. Behold the sleek logos (the Japanese ones). :cer_boogie: I thought that would be the icing on the cake... We arrive at the advent of Reshiram and Zekrom. WITH FREAKING TURBINE TAILS!!!! Commence squeeing. I was like, "Could this generation get anymore awesome/epic?"

The leak of the final starter evos and various other additions and removals in BW started to simmer down, but I won't elaborate. The combination of the steady release of eight Pokemon in a row with awesome designs, along with cool logos, color names, and legendary concepts had me hooked on the games, and now though some hype has "died down," I'm still stoked for BW (technically, the third version, though, which is essentially the same game). If Game Freak can make that strange-looking Zoroark silhouette into something awesome (Zoroark), that almost conveys the quality of what the generation will be. :D

Zaroas
December 21st, 2010, 01:06 PM
Well, I was taking a bit of a break from Pokemon, and towards the end I checked Serebii to see if there was anything new going on. All that was there was Zoroark's silhouette, and I thought it was awesome, but then forgot about it. I check again later on in the year and there it is - Reshiram and Zekrom, magnificently posing on the home page in all their glory. Those two Pokemon got me so excited for B/W

Calemvir92
December 21st, 2010, 03:47 PM
there were a lot of factors that got me into black and white. i've been a fan of every pokemon game since the start and i havent backed out of it since. only thing is i never got the chance to play diamond, pearl and platinum. but other than that, i've owned every generation of the games.

what mainly got me into black and white was the pokemon. as the leaks came in, the more excited i got about it. another thing that got me into the games was the introduction of triple battles and rotation battles. it seems like it could bring a good strategy-based gameplay into each battle. also, a lot of the features that comes with the game seems like it's impossible to fit so much into that little ds card. i'm so curious to see what they came up with i havent seen yet

flight
January 4th, 2011, 08:33 PM
The fact that there was a new Pokemon game sparked my interest? Other than that, the 3D-ness and the new graphics is definitely what attracted me to the game. I definitely had high hopes for the Pokemon, and so far, they're not that bad. In fact, I'm pretty pleased. xDD So yeah, Black and White has surpassed pretty much all of my expectations~!

Manila Luzon
January 4th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I first became excited when Serebii first announced it :'3 I was really happy that we were getting a new generation 8D

I checked Serebii everyday for updates and such; I loved seeing all the new Pokemon being announced along with the fake-mons. 8) Now we can kinda repeat with the english names \o/

RYOUKI
January 4th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Actually, the new Pokemon. That's the reason that sparked my interest on D/P too.

solarowl
January 4th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I first became excited when Serebii first announced it :'3 I was really happy that we were getting a new generation 8D

I checked Serebii everyday for updates and such; I loved seeing all the new Pokemon being announced along with the fake-mons. 8) Now we can kinda repeat with the english names \o/
Same with me. I was just happy there was a fifth generation. Which means new challenges, new startegies, and new pokemon. That's what got me excited. I also checked serebii every day too actually. XD

Sabrewulf238
January 5th, 2011, 01:57 AM
I'm a big fan of the pokemon series and I've gotten at least one of every main generation game so naturally the second "Pokemon Black/White" appeared my interest was very high.

I got a good buzz when I saw the constantly animated sprites and started seeing the new pokemon though, it looked like the best gen for pokemon to date so my interest went up even more. (if that was possible :p)

Andrut
January 5th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Well,i looked at Arceus' entry on Bulbapedia out of boredom, and...another pokemon was after it! It was Zorua, then Zoroark. Then BW info quickly started appearing and i was following them.

Ronin
January 5th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I'm a fellow who really didn't enjoy the 3rd gen pokemon games and while I enjoyed the 4th gen I didn't love them as I did the 1st and 2nd gen. So I wasn't that exited at the sounds of black & white with the thoughts "here comes basically the same game again in a new box". However I've recently been looking at the new pokemon and surprisingly I think they are great. There are still a few that I'm not too fond of (the ice cream guy for one) but overall I love them, this in part I think is from me giving up the idea that they should be a certain way and in part to them looking cool anyway.

I have also been watching wifi battles and other game-play things on youtube (though I'm trying to avoid anything spoilery) and I feel genuinely exited about the release of these games. I'm loving the graphics and I might look to get back into proper competitive battling (I'm going to have a lot to learn/re-learn as it has been a while). I'm actually kind of regretting having looked up all this stuff as I'm now so exited that I can hardly feel I can wait!

... did I mention I'm excited?

Blue
January 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I've been a fan of Pokémon since.. well it was first released, I remember my first Pokémon game was Pokémon Blue on the year of it's release and I was only very young and ever since I haven't stopped playing, I think the games are just awesome and very addictive, I've got a copy of (nearly) every Pokémon game I think, however some aren't working.

I remember speculations of the 5th Generation near the beginning of 2010 but wasn't sure wether they were true or not so I looked into it kind of but found nothing, one day I decided to go on Google News and type in 'Pokemon' (usually I'd check Serebii but I wasn't expecting anything major) and I remember seeing Zorua and Zoroark (and I remember that I used google because I was amazed that I found out such big news through something that I'd never use and now, I use it to check what's going on) and that got me intrested, then news, information and pictures started rolling in and I thought that it looked well.. awesome, as I wasn't too impressed with D/P/PT I was sure that this wouldn't be as good as previous games but once I got my hands on a copy of the Japanese version (I still remember tracking the game) I literally was attacthed, I coudn't stop playing and I was so addicted, so I stopped playing it because I wanted to wait for the English release so that I didn't spoil the rest of the storyline, even though I'd completed most of the game but ever since then and my experience I've just been overly excited awaiting the English release which has made me even more excited finding out the Release date (6th March) which means there's just below 60 days to wait and the day it comes out is the day I buy it!

Everything about the game is great, it's flawless, the music, the graphics, the cities, the storyline, the Pokémon, everything about this game I love it, much more prefere it to Pokémon Diamond & Pearl, which we're okay, really can't wait to get this in English, probally get White then Black then (if there is one) the 3rd game.

Guy
January 6th, 2011, 07:47 AM
First thought was, "New generation? Heck yeah!" It's always good news to hear that a new mainstream game is coming, because it means your favorite franchise is still alive. True, not always are the Pokémon the best of designs - I had to adjust myself to Unova's set of Pokémon, still am with some. But, with a new generation, it meant a new region to explore, new Pokémon to catch and see, plus a new adventure and story to complete! After learning about the graphics in the game, the battle system and design, I was hooked! Not to forget that many of the Pokémon they were revealing caught my attention well enough to like. Then I heard we weren't playing as the average ten-year-old anymore, and I found that even better, because it meant a possibility of a new storyline from the norm.

Since the game's release, I haven't been following any of the game details because I don't want to spoil anything before I have my own game, but my interest in Black and White remained.

tkallab
January 6th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Hey, it's a new main Pokémon game. I was hooked when I saw Serebii bring the good news.

Like most people probably.

Zhinc
January 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I first became excited when...they announced the games. Because I'm such a Pokemon fan that I didn't care that the Pokemon designs might not be stellar? Yeah, I guess I am. I think it's because I'm always really curious to see what new things they throw into the games because they always do that. So...yeah. I got excited as soon as they announced the games because I was interested to see all the new Pokemon and new features immediately. (:

MeerFall
January 7th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I found out about the pokemon game in the Official Nintendo magazine! along with the wicked 3Ds which has added to the exsitment!

Isasapiens
January 7th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Well, I got interested a little when the games got announced. "Well, let's be careful with what we cheer up for." But then, I saw Zorua and Zoroark. "Those are pretty good". And as more pokemon got revealed and more screenshots shown, it has caught my entire interest.
Now I'm waiting patiently for Black and White to come.

might will fate
January 8th, 2011, 10:29 AM
What attracted me was the pokedex,with no pokemon from previous generations

Kitrigar
January 8th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I think it was just the new Pokemon. No matter how crappy they looked, I was stoked for the release in US.

The Spider
January 8th, 2011, 12:20 PM
i was excited about the ability to catch every pokemon within these two games, also Zoroark looks badass.

January 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Seeing the ad has reignited my intrest in BW :)
I can't wait for March 6th :D!
Another thing that got me intrested was Rankulus and the Celestial pokemon (aka Lady gaga)

Mew~
January 9th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I think it was just the fact that it was a new pokémon game, with a new generation. Zoroark's Design did interest me though.

PikachuGuy
January 9th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I'm just interested on the series, so I'm stoked for this one. I don't know how this one will go up against the older ones as I've never played them. I'm still having a hard time deciding if I should get Heart Gold or Pokemon White as my first Pokemon game.

Pikachuguy

flight
January 9th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Since the game's release, I haven't been following any of the game details because I don't want to spoil anything before I have my own game, but my interest in Black and White remained.

This.

I feel bad, because I started lurking these forms in fear that if I started posting again, I would get spoiled everything, but since I've seen all of the pokemon that have been released and whatnot, there's no point in lurking anymore, and I might as well get into the spirit of posting again. xD; I'm still trying to avoid the little spoilers here and there, but I don't think they even matter at this point in time since I'm getting the game anyway. .__.

The new pokemon, the new storyline, and everything else that's new is already enough to make me get the game. I don't think any amount of spoilers would prevent me from doing so.

Un Sans Douleur
January 9th, 2011, 11:27 PM
The Fact They Were Pokemon Games.

Lynnth
January 10th, 2011, 04:22 AM
The new starters got me interested in the Gen V games, but not enough to buy. But then information about NPC's were revealed, and the character N was what won me over in Gen V. Then when the games came out, there are a bunch of pokemon that I adore and can't wait to catch.

Dent
January 10th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I became interested in the games due to the Best Wishes! hype. Originally I had not cared much about the games, but over time I gradually became more excited for their English release.

Hypno
January 10th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Just the fact that it is a new adventure and a Pokemon game, which is the only reason why I still have a DS.

Stormbringer
January 10th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I was interested from the moment I heard about it, regardless of what it's about or what Pokemon you can catch. :> Not really a big deal in my book.

Elder Trainer
January 11th, 2011, 06:02 AM
The Fact They Were Pokemon Games.

This.

I buy even less than great Pokemon games because I can get enjoyment from even the worst ones....but I seriously doubt there's any chance B/W is going to be less than enjoyable.

Kanto_Johto
January 11th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Because they're Pokemon games and I've loved Pokemon for as long as I can remember. Gen IV was a bit of a let down for me, so I wanted to see how they'd do with Gen V.

I haven't played the games yet, but from what I've seen, they look pretty sweet. Hopefully they live up to the hype.

Corruptodile
January 11th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Simply because it's a new generation with new pokemon designs that really catch my eye.

Andrew McKenzie
January 11th, 2011, 09:49 AM
New Generation for one.

Then the new Pokemon designs.

Then the new Region.

New graphics.

New everything.

Also the fact that this is the first generation to add more NEW Pokemon to the games than any previous generation bar the first one, which added the first Pokemon to the entire franchise, lol.

R/B/G/Y: 151
G/S/C: 152 - 251 (100 Added)
R/S/E: 252 - 386 (135 Added)
D/P/PT: 387 - 493 (107 Added)
B/W/?: 494 - 649 (156 Added)

And yeah, I'll be here with Pokemon until it finally ends for good or until I drop dead.
That's how dedicated I am, even if people keep "losing faith" with each generation.
But that's what they always do, they see the new generation, are afraid of change,
thrash it before it releases, get it when it's released and then they love it.
Constant cycle.

Sariix
January 11th, 2011, 06:14 PM
The new, decent looking pokemon... I’m picky about the, but happy when I saw pokemon that actually looked decent. Graphically is was fine, so at least Nintendo wasn’t going backwards :P

Hermione Granger
January 12th, 2011, 01:33 AM
First off, the fact that its a new flippin' generation! I love the fact that I get enthusiastic for every new generation (except Gen 4, I don't know why but I still like Gen 4). Second, triple battles and endless TMs! xD

I like what every generation brings in as a surprise. And I'm totally getting the 3DS because of this. :3

Nakuzami
January 12th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Why was I excited for it? Need it be asked?
Well, I guess just because it was a new game. It's always nice to have a new game to play, especially since I get bored of them after a while. Also because the games are my main connection to the franchise, I don't really pay attention to much else. I guess I just like to try new things, or at least new parts of an old thing.
And once I saw the new features, my excitement just kept growing.

Gbamast
January 12th, 2011, 03:25 AM
I think I was Mostly Interested in the design of the new pokemon and the 3d Features

Cherrim
January 12th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I was initially interested because... well, it's a new Pokémon generation! I didn't like the names but I was giddy with excitement to be the first person on my twitter feed to announce them! What probably got me the most excited was the release of the trainers. :) We got confirmation that they seemed a bit older (which suits me just fine since I'm not 10 anymore XD) and that made it seem more "for me". That and the hype with the starters being announced really got me into it, even if I didn't particularly like any of the starters a whole lot. XD

(Though I guess my first reaction was to curse it because I didn't want to deal with adding a new forum or the complaints of "WHY ISN'T THERE A FORUM FOR B/W?? WE HAVE LOGOS TO DISCUSS!!!!")

mochilicious
January 12th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I've always disliked new generations of Pokemon, and my favorite is still the first, but after some time, I gave in and looked at the new designs, and that's what got me. Good aesthetics really work >.<

GlitchCity
January 14th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Was Zoura and Zoroak revealed before the Black and White title names were released or no? I can't remember. Well what really caught my attention is the speculation of where the new region will be located and what will be called, and what remakes are going to follow these games ;] I was more interested in the Region itself, how many cities, what climate changes there are, etc. Im pretty pleased with Unova to say the least.

Volcarona
January 14th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Initially, I was indifferent. I did not fancy Zoroark, the starters, and the other early releases. My first favorite BW Pokemon was Meguroko, although I am somewhat disappointed with its final evolution. My first flawless favorites were the BW mascot legendaries.

I was not quite convinced until... I played Route 1. The leaves blow around you... I do not recall previous games doing that. Someone on the team is going the extra mile for the fans. I might as well learn to love the new species, which I have now. :)

Hydreigon
January 14th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I was really interested from the beginning, despite the initial negative view I had of the starter Pokemon. But I was psyched from the start, it's still a brand new game. :DD

Haxorus
January 14th, 2011, 10:44 PM
The high quality of the screeens and the potential of a more advanced plot enticed me at first.
The Pokemon that were being released looked cool to me as well. Too bad they showcased their best ones and leaved the derps for last.

Excadrill
January 14th, 2011, 10:56 PM
The graphics. I was enchanted.

Also, the Pokemon.

DNZGames
January 15th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Its a Pokémon. Is there any need for further reasoning?

Also, the sprites are animated.

Haowakeorden
January 15th, 2011, 12:32 PM
My growing interest in Black and White was extremely gradual, so I can't say that there's an actual moment where I became interested. Maybe it was a combination of the Pokémon, the region, and the journey.

Trap-Eds
January 15th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I was a little nervous about Gen 5 at first. I really didn't think they could possibly add any more awesomeness to the series...probably because I'm not that creative. xD But boy, this past half-year has proved me wrong. GameFreak has proved that they are far from running out of ideas, from the graphics to the music to the storyline...I can't wait for March. :D

Weber
January 15th, 2011, 04:35 PM
the main thing that got me interested was all the new pokemon with 150 some of them theres got to be atleast 6 good ones to choose from to make a party and i felt like in the past they have been slaking off ( i went there).

Sesen
January 15th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I think I was just excited in general when I first heard about the new games. Of course, my initial excitement was then replaced by mixed emotions. Both of anxiousness and of agitation. At this rate is seems as though they’ll never stop making Pokemon but…I’ve always been interested in Pokemon. From when I first heard about it back when the anime first came and I finally got my hands on the games. I’ve followed them so far and I know I’ll keep following. Though admittedly I would just like to see a new game with new regions and new adventures but…just keep the same Pokemon. Just because there’s a new place doesn’t mean there HAS to be new Pokemon.

But even I have to admit some of the new ones interest me and that’s another reason why I’m excited for it.

Alli
January 15th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Well, it's Pokemon. I'm automatically interested, since it's my longest loved franchise (well, one of them anyway). And then Seed bby secured my interest. :D

Roughsponge
January 16th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Well, it's Pokemon. I'm automatically interested, since it's my longest loved franchise (well, one of them anyway). And then Seed bby secured my interest. :D

Couldn't agree more :)

Yeah, when a new generation of pokemon comes out I'm drawn in from the start. And, I also liked how they made these games seperate from the others, with just that regions pokemon in them, makes it feel like a fresh start. :D

Rei Shingetsu
January 17th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Mr N. What more do you expect from such a face? :P

January 17th, 2011, 08:05 PM
The concept of Yin and Yang for the legendarys (although it was used in Hoenn and Sinnoh too but not so obviously)

Zerrah.
January 17th, 2011, 08:34 PM
When I first heard of a fifth generation of Pokemon, I was really excited to hear that I wouldn't have to put down my favorite series just yet. But part of me wondered how Game Freak would be able to pull off yet another generation without it turning out to be a flop. Seeing how Gen III felt like they were trying too hard; I admit, I was skeptical. But, I've had faith in them for this long, what was wrong with giving them another shot?

Honestly, when I saw the first few shots of the new Pokemon, I figured this was just going to be a repeat of Hoenn. But, as I looked deeper, not only into the story and the new interfaces, but the Pokemon themselves, I felt a spark of hope. Not only has the Unova region grabbed my attention, it continue to surprise and astound me. And I may even argue the point that Gen V may be the best game yet.

Rawrinism
January 17th, 2011, 09:49 PM
To be honest, it was the Ghost types and new battle animations . <3

TheChaosBlue
January 17th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Couldn't agree more :)

Yeah, when a new generation of pokemon comes out I'm drawn in from the start. And, I also liked how they made these games seperate from the others, with just that regions pokemon in them, makes it feel like a fresh start. :D

I'm with you on that one, man. I''ve been hooked on the series for 13 years when I was just 5 years old and played Red of the first time. For me, every new generation, concept, and feature that Game Freak bring to the table shows just how addictive and powerful this franchise can be( it is the second largest videogame franchise afterall!)

Captain Fabio
January 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I didn't really have a reaction. It was more of a "ehh, ok."

It has grown on me now though, as every Pokemon game (On handheld) has. So I will just have to wait and see how it is when I play it.

Noblebeastx
January 20th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I really did at first hate the whole idea but the new region and graphics.Now the new generation has grown on me i guess you could say.The main reason it made me want it thou is because its a new adventure with a new region to explore and new people to meet.

Kamitsure-chan
January 21st, 2011, 12:16 PM
My reaction was absolute joy. The new graphics, new aspects of gameplay, new Pokemon, just the fact that there's a new generation and that the game franchise isn't dead yet was enough to make me excited about the new games.

I personally hope that this is the last generation though (please don't shoot me XD). I'm not sure just how much more they can do with it, and I personally think it'd be best if they kind of... at least stopped developing Pokemon, before the total number reaches 1000. XD

January 21st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Seeing Huin city for the first time when this gen was officially confirmed was actually one of the first things that go me excited for BW that and the possibility for RSE remakes this gen

danzen
January 22nd, 2011, 02:54 AM
Water starter is an otter. I #$&^ing love otters.

Comokanu
January 23rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
The 3D-ness, Zoroark, the fact that it's a new Pokémon game. HGSS was all a bit meh, since I never played the original GSC games and never understood the nostalgia. Sure, there were a load of legendaries you can catch but it was nothing different really.

Then came my March 2010 issue of CoroCoro all the way from Japan(me is in UK) and I looked at the cover. New Pokémon.

Zorua and Zoroark looked absolutely badass, and the following issues of CoroCoro only fueled my need to have the new game. Then my grandparents got me the game when I went to Japan for Oshou-gatsu(New year's).

The new Pokémon looked absolutely badass, the rotation battles were cool(great for training low Lv. Pkmn) and the storyline was actually quite good. Then GTS-Negotiation, and all those awesome gimmicks are what is keeping me hooked on the game right now.

Magius
January 23rd, 2011, 03:13 PM
For me it was how the battle sprites where constantly animated and how the camera would move around in battles.

MysticFlygon
January 23rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
Just the fact that a new generation was coming. I was starting to get sick of Sinnoh and generation IV. Then I got more into it when Zekrom and Reshiram were revealed.

Crysta Blade
January 24th, 2011, 02:22 AM
I felt Gen 4 dragged on for way too long and was happy to get something new to play.