PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap TRON

Ausaudriel
December 19th, 2010, 01:41 AM
Okay, who hasn't seen it yet? I saw the midnight premier and it was freakin bombdiggity awesome. The story was a bit basic but the acting was top-notch and the visuals were amazing (the CGI in the beginning actually managed to throw me off for a couple minutes.)

I kept hoping at the end that they'd manage to escape the Grid and have some huge epic battle in the real world but it didn't happen. :( It definitely left the possibility of another sequel though, if this one does well enough. C.L.U. and Tron are still alive in the end after all.
One of the best parts was easily the soundtrack--click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFXYuw96d0c). Even if you aren't going to see the movie, check that track out. I loved the whole freakin thing.

So! Thoughts on the movie? Have you seen the original/first one? Do you think this sequel did it justice?

moments.
December 19th, 2010, 01:46 AM
I haven't seen the original and I just got home a few hours ago from seeing it, and I completely agree on the CGi being amazing and the soundtrack being awesome ultra bass that rumbles everything fanboy.

That leading actress, the Kora or whatever her name was is ridiculously stunning. Love her eyes/hair.

linkinpark187
December 19th, 2010, 04:16 AM
That's Olivia Wilde, and she's just stunning, anyway. Most people would probably recognize her as "13" from House.
I haven't had a chance to see the new movie, but I have seen the first, and for the year it came out, the visuals are amazing. You should see it, it's pretty good. I'm psyched about the new one, though. Can't afford to go see it until after this weekend, but...yeah...lol :D

Cassino
December 19th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Okay, who hasn't seen it yet?
Hi.

I thought it was a remake, the sort of thing I don't tend to bother with. I've seen the original but made little sense of it since it was on the television and everyone's loud and so on but I recall it being enjoyable if quiet; I imagine I'd have to watch that again before this new one. If I were into film I definitely would...

Gary Stu
December 19th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I'd like to see it, but I might wait until it's out on DVD.

Daft Punk made the soundtrack, niiice.

Team Fail
December 19th, 2010, 07:59 AM
I actually HAVE NOT ( ;___; ) seen it yet.

This movie looks amazing, and there is ONLY ONE way I'll see it.

... In 3D

Ayselipera
December 19th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I feel a little silly, but part of me really does want to see it. I keep seeing the previews everywhere and I can't help secretly wanting to go. This may be even more sad to say, but the key aspect of the movie that's really got me interested is the bright colors. D:

I'm probably going to read a couple reviews and then make up my mind about going from there. Either that or I'll just wait till it comes out On Demand or something. I also enjoyed the soundtrack. I really like Daft Punk so I guess that's to be expected.

Alinthea
December 19th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I am yet to see this but I am going to see it very soon, I do hope.

Good old Daft Punk with the soundtracks :3

Kyoko
December 19th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I missed out on the midnight premiere because I was sooo tired from finals, and honestly, it wasn't on my top list of movies to see. I had never even heard of the Tron series, so I didn't freak out about it and I didn't/still don't want to waste ten dollars on a movie I'm not super excited about.

however, all my friends who saw it LOVED it and said it was amazing. and I have a feeling this movie won't be the same if it's not on a big screen with awesome sound :[ so I MIGHT go see it if I can find a friend who won't mind watching it again.

Ausaudriel
December 19th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I actually HAVE NOT ( ;___; ) seen it yet.

This movie looks amazing, and there is ONLY ONE way I'll see it.

... In 3D

Actually I don't think you'd be missing out if you saw it in 2D, I think half the scenes didn't even have 3D effects. There's even a message at the beginning that says like "many of the scenes in this movie were filmed traditionally and were meant to be viewed traditionally, there is nothing wrong with your 3D glasses" or something to that effect.

idk I think it'd be good either way, but then again I'm not huge on 3D anyway. The only movie I feel it really improved was Avatar.

Team Fail
December 20th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Actually I don't think you'd be missing out if you saw it in 2D, I think half the scenes didn't even have 3D effects. There's even a message at the beginning that says like "many of the scenes in this movie were filmed traditionally and were meant to be viewed traditionally, there is nothing wrong with your 3D glasses" or something to that effect.

idk I think it'd be good either way, but then again I'm not huge on 3D anyway. The only movie I feel it really improved was Avatar.

I find that it adds an effect of realism to the film, as opposed to things just moving around in so few directions, things can actually move towards the audience as a whole. I would see it in 2D, but 3D would just be... so... cool.

I've never saw Avatar yet. I got that on DVD on release date, never saw it yet. I would like to compare it's 3D-ness with other film, as well as TRON.

Ravecat
December 21st, 2010, 08:22 AM
I kept hoping at the end that they'd manage to escape the Grid and have some huge epic battle in the real world but it didn't happen. :( It definitely left the possibility of another sequel though, if this one does well enough. C.L.U. and Tron are still alive in the end after all.

Erm, aren't both C.L.U and Tron dead? I don't see how either of them are alive unless I missed something...
C.L.U became part of Flynn again and proceeded to explode, and I'm assuming Tron drowned or just de-resed in the ocean.

Esper
December 21st, 2010, 10:32 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to even if the only good thing about it is the soundtrack. Before I do that though I want to see the first Tron so I have some idea of what it's about. All I know about it I sort of gleaned from Kingdom Hearts and that old people mover ride at Disneyland when I was around 4 or something.

moments.
December 22nd, 2010, 06:55 PM
I listened to the previews of the soundtrack on iTunes the other day just to remind myself what was included in the movie, and I've decided I'm going to buy it when I get more credit.

Seriously, love Daft Punk, and the deep atmospheric moods achieved within the soundtrack are too good to give up!

Gold warehouse
December 28th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I just got back from seeing this, and I thought it was amazing. I'm not one who highly values the plot in films anyway (if I want a good story, I'll read a book) so I only ever really look for the visual and sound aspects, and Tron delivered on both of those perfectly. The setting and visuals are amazing; I've been sceptical of the whole 3D thing as being nothing more than a gimmick ever since it came out, but this film totally changed my opinion. Instead of making scenes purely to show off 3D, they used the 3D to compliment the film; it was just a nice aspect that added to the already stunning visuals, rather than being shoved in your face every 5 minutes. It had everything a sci-fi setting needed, lights, futuristic design, dark atmosphere (with rain!) and I could see the influences from the 80s as well, so it had a retro feel as well as the futuristic one, which I absolutely loved.

The soundtrack was brilliant of course (it's by Daft Punk, how couldn't it be?) and they proved that they can go out of their comfort zone and do some orchestral work, and even manage to mix it successfully with the house music they're known for. I loved the club scene with Derezzed playing.

My favourite movie of the year.

*Firestar*
December 28th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I'm back from just seeing this, and I though it was freakishly awesome! Now, I'm not a film guy, (hardly a T.V. person anyway) but this was stunning. The CGi was amazing, and I thought the acting was superb. Now, I can't really remember much from the older Tron, but I remember the Lightcycle scene, very well. They only turned in right-angles, and I feel the Lightcycle scene lost something with them being able to turn at any angle. I also thought that them bringing in the 'lightplanes' and 'lightcar' sort of spoiled it a bit. They should've left it at the lightcycles for individual transport, I think. If they had put in a huge battle, involving the army that was supposedly being created. Yeah, they just stood there, did they not? They should've done something with the army, instead of it just being a threat. Well, overall though, I though it was a great film and would recomend you see it, definately.
Score: 8/10

Barney.
December 28th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Looks great, sounds great. Everything else was a pile of .. Poo.

Hated it, waste of money.