PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] BW016 - Shippou City Gym Rematch! Explosive New Move!!

Mew~
December 21st, 2010, 03:53 AM
From Dengeki

再戦シッポウジム!新技炸裂!!

Shippou gym rematch! Explosion of confidence!!

airdate: January 13th

I guess this means Ash won't win the first time?

Regeneration
December 21st, 2010, 04:07 AM
If the title is genuine, that would mean that Ash loses to Aloe in the first try. Nothing special. ;P

thedestinedblade
December 21st, 2010, 06:05 AM
So the regional gym loss is early once again? Ash usually uses the same party for rematches, no?

AshPikastar
December 21st, 2010, 02:46 PM
I didn't suspect Satoshi to lose in this match. At least he didn't lose in his first gym match. He might use the same team like he did in the first match.

Kenshin5
December 21st, 2010, 06:57 PM
I was thinking he would lose to Arti not Aloe. Losing to a Haderia and Miruhog, I dunno seems pretty pathetic on Ash's part. He needs to step it up after the way he performed against Shooti and now Aloe.

TheFuturePokemon
December 23rd, 2010, 06:54 PM
I would guess Ash would train Oshawott and Tepig to learn a new move.

Oshawott maybe will learn either Agau Jet or Water Pulse

For Tepig I see him learning Nitro Charge or maybe Takedown/Rollout

Aquacorde
December 23rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
"Explosive" new move, eh? I'd say Pokabu learns Nitro Charge.

Kenshin5
December 24th, 2010, 10:51 AM
"Explosive" new move, eh? I'd say Pokabu learns Nitro Charge.
I agree, couldn't think of any other move they are referring to, or at least that Oshawott would have. I personally think it about time for Tepig to learn a move outside of Tackle and Ember.

TheFuturePokemon
December 27th, 2010, 07:58 AM
So Oshawott and Tepig will learn Aqua Jet and Nitro Charge

http://i53.tinypic.com/10sfc7k.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/4uxoon.jpg

lol I can't read this but by looking at it I can tell its aqua jet and Nitro Charge

Kenshin5
December 27th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Good to see that both of them learned new moves. Tepig especially, seems like it was due time for one for him.

Mew~
December 28th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Wow, by the looks of it - it seems like it's going to be a double battle.

thedestinedblade
December 28th, 2010, 12:37 PM
So another generation of Ash spamming Aqua Jet? :laugh: After taking a look at Oshawott's moveset, I guess there isn't really any other alternative.

Manila Luzon
December 28th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Wow, by the looks of it - it seems like it's going to be a double battle.

Or it maybe a split screen...

And since that Battle Club guy is there, he's probably the one who teaches em' the moves. :D

I may have to watch this one.

Kenshin5
January 6th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Eej-c0_WRQA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eej-c0_WRQA)
Looks half training episode and half gym battle. With Tepig learning Nitro Charge and Oshawott learning Aqua Jet. Glad to see both getting trained up and learning new moves on top of it.

Mew~
January 6th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Eej-c0_WRQA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eej-c0_WRQA)
Looks half training episode and half gym battle. With Tepig learning Nitro Charge and Oshawott learning Aqua Jet. Glad to see both getting trained up and learning new moves on top of it.
I think they might do the same as they did with Ash's first gym battle and put the rest of the gym battle in the next battle. No one saw it coming the first time, because of the musharna thing, but it happened.

Kenshin5
January 6th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I agree, I mean they really don't need any entire episode to show the Egg hatch. Then again it depends how it plays out for 17, maybe it is Zuruggu and Ash catches Sandile which takes up most of the episode. I am just ready too see the Egg hatch all ready since that discussion has been ran into the ground.

TheFuturePokemon
January 6th, 2011, 12:45 PM
so Aloe's Yorterry will evolve into Haderia.

chaos11011
January 12th, 2011, 12:35 PM
so Aloe's Yorterry will evolve into Haderia.
or Aloe can pull a "Misty" and have both Yooterii and Haaderia.

Kenshin5
January 13th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Seems as though my speculation that it was speed training was on the mark not that it was hard to figure out. It seems Don George though it Ash would train with his pokemon as to strengthen the trainer not only the pokemon. The battle it's self was quite a battle Oshawott and Miruhog went at it till the end, it probably wouldn't have been a tie if Oshawott hard the accuracy with its Aqua Jet. It didn't help that Oshawott got hit with Confuse Ray. The end with Tepig using Nitro Charge and Haderia using Take Down was a great ending with Tepig the victor. I am sure wondering two things. Since Aloe can change here pokemon during the battle is it a requirement that she shows the opponent what her team is going to be beforehand? Also was Haderia the Yorterri she used or was it a different poke?

AshPikastar
January 13th, 2011, 09:10 AM
This was a nice battle. Oshawott did a pretty nice job but I thought it was funny how he couldn't control Auqa Jet. Tepig just kicked butt in this episode. I'm glad that we got a great battle coming from Tepig. So far great episode and battle. Hopefully the next episode would be great as well.

Regeneration
January 13th, 2011, 09:15 AM
The start was pretty amusing. Ash literally visited a gym. XD And why the heck were those leather balls fired at Ash and Pokabu for? A Pokemon version of Takeshi's Castle? XD;

And look, this isn't fair. Both Pokabu and Mijumaru got their training, but why not poor Tsutaja? >(

Nothing else in the entire episode was worth mentioning. The battle was decent. =D

Kenshin5
January 13th, 2011, 09:22 AM
The balls were to simulate Shadow Ball. Basically to help Tepig in dodging even if they weren't directly meant to be Shadow Ball.

Regeneration
January 13th, 2011, 09:56 AM
^ lmao
I know that. I was just kidding.

Anyway, did anyone notice this?
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6894/denxapik.png
Pikachu found himself a new person on who'se shoulder he can sit! Poor Ash.

TheFuturePokemon
January 13th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Team Rocket didn't appear in this episode, the first time since the first episode :o

chaos11011
January 13th, 2011, 03:45 PM
The end with Tepig using Nitro Charge and Haderia using Take Down was a great ending with Tepig the victor.

Actually it was Giga Impact, not Take Down.

I actually thought the battle went to fast, like Miruhoggu getting beat in one (maybe two) hits, and if it wasn't for that Confuse Ray actually helping Mijumaru, Satoshi would've lost.

Oh, and remind me to never let Kibago next to my computer.

Kirbychu
January 13th, 2011, 05:07 PM
^ lmao

What's the big deal? Pikachu was frequently on Brock's shoulder as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the little rat was on all his other friends at some point.

This battle really wasn't all that entertaining. It was alright, but I I actually found myself getting bored during the "action". I wasn't really a big fan of this episode in general. It's probably because I absolutely hate Tepig. It's design is better than most 5th generation Pokemon, I'm just not a big fan of pigs. The little diaper thing Tepig has also irritates me for some reason. <_>

The best part of this episode was seeing Ash get hit in the face; that just never gets old

Aquacorde
January 13th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Of course I noticed. Pikachu approves of Dent <3

What's the big deal? Pikachu was frequently on Brock's shoulder as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the little rat was on all his other friends at some point.
...That sounds dirty.

The best part of this episode was seeing Ash get hit in the face; that just never gets old
So true.

http://skyelife.webs.com/howadorable.bmp

<-- Aww, look how adorable Dent is. <3

I kind of liked this episode, though I felt like nothing much happened.

> Ash got hit in the face.

> Dent was adorable.

> Mijumaru and Pokabu learned good moves.

> Iris sucks at keeping track of her Pokémon. Would not want to see her as a parent.

> Aloe did basically the same thing she did last time. And was pretty~

> Ash got a badge.

Yayyyy.
Next episode looks like it will have more substance to it, which is a good thing all around.

thedestinedblade
January 13th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Pretty boring episode for myself as well. Trying to rush training and a battle into one episode seems like a bit too much for me. Was actually expecting Tepig's Blaze to active near the end of the battle or something, lol. Did Oshawott's Aqua Jet just randomly bounce off the wall and luckily manage to hit Haderia?

Kenshin5
January 13th, 2011, 07:24 PM
^ lmao

It's not fair Snivy didn't get training? Cause it would have taken away from the other two's training and slowed the episode down. Snivy is one of the few that held it's own against Shooti team unlike Tepig and Oshawott. I am sure Snivy will get it's time in the spotlight.

Regeneration
January 13th, 2011, 09:57 PM
It is pretty clear that the writers are rushing this season. Earlier, when Ash used to lose a gym battle, he took two episodes or at least one complete episode for training. And it's not that we just assume that he is training off-screen. It is pretty evident that he just trains for a short while as we saw in this episode.

TheFuturePokemon
January 14th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Yeah Ash would normally take one or two episodes to train but they just rushed it into one whole episode.

PearlShipper4Life
January 15th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Before we had another person they could delay the next gym for, contests woo-hoo. So Ash could train a couple of days while Dawn or May did there contests in between his gyms. Now, with no girl having a main side quest we need to rush the training a bit cuz we want to see the next gym as soon as possible so we don't get that many fillers. I hope cuz they don't have the Grand Festival to worry about, the league will be twice as long as the last one and hanndled better. Any who, first time Team Rocket wasn't in an episode, which was fine by me, it would have been too rushed had they been in it. I liked the training, those scenes were great. The gym battle was pretty good, not one of my favorites but still. I can't wait for the next gym, sounds cool from the spoilers. Over all a good episode. Next weeks episode should be exciting from the previews.

Mew~
January 15th, 2011, 11:55 AM
It was a interesting episode glad Ash finally won, I didn't like the whole half training episode but at least we didn't have a whole episode on training.

Before we had another person they could delay the next gym for, contests woo-hoo. So Ash could train a couple of days while Dawn or May did there contests in between his gyms. Now, with no girl having a main side quest we need to rush the training a bit cuz we want to see the next gym as soon as possible so we don't get that many fillers. I hope cuz they don't have the Grand Festival to worry about, the league will be twice as long as the last one and hanndled better. Any who, first time Team Rocket wasn't in an episode, which was fine by me, it would have been too rushed had they been in it. I liked the training, those scenes were great. The gym battle was pretty good, not one of my favorites but still. I can't wait for the next gym, sounds cool from the spoilers. Over all a good episode. Next weeks episode should be exciting from the previews.
I don't think that has much of the reason. There wasn't anyone to pull Ash back in Johto, yet we still had so much fillers. If anything, Dawn and May helped reduce fillers. I can somewhat agree with the training bit, he hasn't had that much time to train, trainers like Bel and Shooti have evolved their starters already. :\ (Although im not sure how long Bel had hers for.)

Twiggity Twang
January 17th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Well, you must remember, Bel's Chaobu was her only Pokemon until Mincinno/Chillarmy, and it won the first two Gyms single-handedly, so...Yeh...
Anyway, as many others have said, it was a fairly rushed episode, didn't have too much substance. They could have at least done a kick-arse 80's montage to give the illusion of time passing, then had half the battle this episode, half the next.
Also, seriously, Oshawott? Can't handle Aqua Jet? You've GOT to be better than Buizel, and yet you're treating a glorified Quick Attack like it's friggin' Draco Meteor? Now, I like Oshawott, but Ash's is starting to become a pansy. Meanwhile, Tepig absolutely RAPED with Nitro Charge no problem, and that's a more powerful move. Anyway...This episode was meh. Could have been better, but it wasn't as bad as Blaine (The first one, not the second one (REALLY didn't enjoy that one, honestly)).

The Red Chain
January 20th, 2011, 01:45 AM
I'm sad about being late on this due to my poor memory..
These episodes were pretty nice but like I'm disappointed by the lack of training it took Ash to defeat Aloe.. as well as land two new moves on his Pokemon as a "coincidental" bonus..

It kinda bugs me that this story is moving on so fast.. but I do like the fact that Miju got Aqua Jet! I found myself praying for him to hit Miruhoggu near the end and jumping for joy when he finally did! XD wow i get too over-excited about Pokemon

But yeah.. I hope they slow this series down a little. It's taking the awe out of Ash's team learning new moves. ]: