PDA

View Full Version : Tough Choice

Flygon_Zero
December 1st, 2004, 08:53 PM
If you were forced to leave your home country and move somewhere else, what would hurt you most to leave behind?
At first, I'd say my computer, but that's not it... I'd hate to have to leave behind my nieces actually. They're so innocent and they're just so much fun, even though they're still under 5 years old.

Composer of Requiems
December 1st, 2004, 10:28 PM
My instruments. Most other stuff I can easily get elsewhere.

Stripes
December 1st, 2004, 10:37 PM
My mom, dad and sister. Everything else is insignificant compared to those 3 members of my family.

espeon and umbreon
December 2nd, 2004, 02:47 AM
Well, I left my home country before, but that was for my dad's work. If it was whole leaving family stuff then, it might be my pet * hug my dog*

IceKitten
December 2nd, 2004, 03:03 AM
Moving to Australia is what I'd like to do most o___o

Yea I'll miss my family, um, they could get the internet ;x

Cool Cr@cker
December 2nd, 2004, 04:03 AM
I'd love moving to Swiss.I've heard its great.
And Probably id hate to leave behind my Comp(I'll buy a new one),Family(If I am moving alone) and my Friends at School.I love friendship - The worlds Strongest ship!

Spectrum
December 2nd, 2004, 04:07 AM
My computer. I have no life. ;_;

jynx
December 2nd, 2004, 04:37 AM
If you were forced to leave your home country and move somewhere else, what would hurt you most to leave behind?
Does overseas boarding schools count?

I go to school by Aeroplane, and only see my parents thrice a year.

Tzuri17
December 2nd, 2004, 10:04 AM
what will most hurt fr me to leave will be my friends...

Kyosuke
December 2nd, 2004, 03:28 PM
If that was to happen to me it would be my family, not to sound "corny" or anything but, without having a proper family its not easy to live a normal life, cause most of the time their the people your used to being around the most.

But other then my family, it would be my computer most of all I can't function without it XD.

Teara
December 2nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
*high fivez Tig* Australia iz my number one deztination! =D

While I'd like to move to Australia one day, I'd never want to be forced out. I'd definitely mizz my Mom, ztepdad, Grandma, and all my petz the mozt. Az attatched az I am to alot of my itemz, thoze who live in my life are the irreplacable onez. I alzo couldn't put my family before my petz or vize verza =o

The inaniment object I'd mizz the mozt would probably be my computer. It'z got all my muzic on it!!(and MSN, I couldn't live long without my friendz) O_O

100marios
December 2nd, 2004, 06:18 PM
Well, I know I am going somewhere for a few years once I'm 19 for my church, and it could very well be in some distant country... though I can't be certain at this point and time. One thing I know for sure though, is above all else, I'm going to miss my family and friends (*Talks like the apartment owner from Spiderman 2* If that statement were corny, I'd be up to my ears in corn stalks, hehe...). No possession I own do I care more about than my relationship with the very people I grew up with. Any inanimate object is bound to grow old after a while, but the fun experiences you had with your loved ones will stay with you as long as you live. My family and friends are more important to me than any physical possession, and I'm really going to miss them when I do go!

...But, if we are picking through objects too, it might be my computer... and that's basically because that was one good way I had of keeping in contact with my friends. Thankfully though, there's still the good ol' postal service, so there's still a way to stay in contact with them! (Besides, there's something about opening a letter from a friend that no computer conversation could ever replicate. It just makes you feel that much closer to them, despite the distance) I'll probably miss my game systems and several of the franchises I like too, but I can live without them when the time comes.

But since that's not for a few years...
*Flips in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King*
Hehe...

Cherrim
December 2nd, 2004, 07:25 PM
The security of being Canadian. ;_;'

I mean, I'd really miss my friends and family (assuming I'm moving alone), but in the world today, everyone is connected. You can go virtually anywhere and still be able to keep in touch with those you love. o_o; I wouldn't miss my computer (well, I would, but it's not that high up on the list) because you can get to a computer pretty much everywhere. Internet cafes, friends houses, etc.

But... I'm really proud of where I live. I honestly don't want to live anywhere else. =\ I just feel so safe and at home here. Being pulled away from that would probably freak me out. I've moved before, so I'm used to that part, but I've never lived outside of Canada. Thinking about doing that just... scares me ._.

oni flygon
December 2nd, 2004, 07:39 PM
My friends around here...it would hurt so hard to leave them behind. Especially when all of us have shared precious memories... *sniff* ... ;-;

Bree~chan
December 2nd, 2004, 08:36 PM
I would miss my kitties and computer the most.;-;Meh,the only family I would miss is my sister,Effy.
Well,actually I am moving to another state someday.Does that count?XD
Sadly,it's not till a long time.-_-;;;

Peach
December 2nd, 2004, 11:03 PM
I would miss my family and my friends. Would be so painful to just leave and know that I won't see them maybe ever again.
I would miss my home and that feeling when I'm was happy here.

Stripes
December 3rd, 2004, 12:05 AM
I would deeply hate moving out of the USA...there is just no other place like it.

Intuition
December 3rd, 2004, 06:37 AM
I would say... The way everyone in my town knows eachother and says 'good morning' every morning, so sweat ^^ Screems! *I don't wanna leave you guys* LoL :D

TRIFORCE89
December 3rd, 2004, 07:04 AM
Would I not be able to bring my material possessions with me? So, how could I miss them?

I've never moved before, and like Erica said you can still keep in touch with your friends (but I would, of course, still miss them). So, I'm not too sure what I would miss the most that I wouldn't ever be able to come in contact with again. Maybe the sense that where I am now has been my home for the last 15 years and I'd hate to just leave it. If you're somewhere for a really long time you just feel safe and secure there. It's homey and comforting. Trying to get that from someplace new right off the bat must be hard.

dumbthingy
December 3rd, 2004, 03:19 PM
Nice idea, I would surely miss my comp most. But anyway, I'd take a laptop with me with enough software and developer stuff, in that case... Maybe I'd also miss my gf (and other friends) from school.

Kayleigh
December 3rd, 2004, 04:13 PM
Assuming that I'd be going alone, I would definitely have to say that I would miss my family the most. I love everyone in it so much, and there are just no other people like them. I get along and can relate to almost all of them, so it would be really hard to suddenly have to live a life without being around them. But, as long as I could visit them and we could write all of the time then I would still feel close to them. I just hope that wouldn't have to happen -- Moving to another state wouldn't be so bad, but another country would be a different story!

And I still care about all of my friends, but I could handle being away from most of them a lot better than with my family. I only say that because I'm not around them 24/7.

Anyway, I'd also miss my pets and all of the animals that I'm around a lot. They can just be such a comfort to have around, and not being with them would be so hard.

And as for just regular things that I'd miss... Hmm, I'd have to say my computer. It's just the easiest way to keep in touch with everyone, you can find out information easily, listen to music, etc. They're so useful, so that's why I'd miss it!

Gardy
December 3rd, 2004, 04:46 PM
I'd miss my family *including petz* even though sometimes they can annoy me I still love them ^^
Another thing is I'd miss all my friends life isn't fun without them!
Also the computer because it is my only connection to PC which I have to say I'd be lost without it bcuz my friends are here and I love this place.

Jeremy
December 3rd, 2004, 04:58 PM
Sweeties, my parents had to leave everything they had when they move to the US The only thing they had, was their families. My parents are Vietnamese. They had to leave durring the Vietnam war.

Anyway, if i had to go, *Heaven forbidd.* I'll miss my family I'll miss so much.*, my friends *Everybody loves me.*, and my *I hate to sound materlistic, but.* My games/hacks.

Carlito-san
December 3rd, 2004, 05:02 PM
Uh...uh.....My Nintendo Ds?or family.Or Lappy 486!(my new laptop computer)

Kairi
December 3rd, 2004, 11:04 PM
Interesting thread, since it’s actually something I’m going to experience pretty soon.

I don’t have any…major concerns. I love my family, of course, but they’ve always been prepared for the fact I’d move out. Granted not to Australia, but you know. It’ll be a radical lifestyle change, going from living with family to living with my girlfriend. I’ll miss out on that stage of my life where I live alone. XD I just hope I can pull my own weight in spite of not having that experience.

Most of my material possessions will be coming with me, so that’s not a huge deal. Friends I can still call, though I won’t be able to whip them in games, and they won’t be able to leech off me by borrowing them. XP

I like Erica’s answer though; it’s unique and makes sense. Go Erica~ =3

Kelsey
December 4th, 2004, 03:52 PM
My friends. I could never live a day without them. I see my pals every single day of my life!! =3 So, to have to move to another country, and most likely never see them again would be too devistating for me to handle. -_-

~Kelsey

FireEmporer
December 4th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Oi... Thats pretty easy... My family. Matieral possesions can be destroyed, Break, Be bought, sold, and replaced. I'd miss my computer, But they can be replaced. Family is forever. I don't have to many friends at my school and where I live, So Easily my family.

Terra_Theory
December 4th, 2004, 06:46 PM
my family & friends---- :( :( :(

Shana
December 5th, 2004, 05:49 AM
I would say I would miss my friends and family the most...I would be alone without them. ;_;