PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Playing Hours Glitch

Otherworld9)
December 22nd, 2010, 05:19 PM
Has anyone actually played so much that your clock says 999999...and so on and does not seem to increase? It has happened to me, and noticed not many actually play that much and understand why...I don't know if this glitch happens in D/P/PL or in other games, but I know it happens in R/S/E.

Actor
December 25th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Possibly a lack of space in the cartridge seeing as R/S/FR/LG/E are big games. Could be the same for the 4th gen games on the DS.

Capris
December 27th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I think if it was the same for dpp it would have happened by now, because surely however long somebody has played on rse somebody has managed to beat that on dpp since you can continue playing with wifi and events long after you've finished the actual game. It gives you more incentive not to delete your game whereas in rse it's more tempting to restart the game from the beginning which would reset the timer.

My personal highest amount of time was in fire red, it was something like 154 hours which is pretty ridiculous for a game that you could probably beat in less than 25.

Cassino
December 29th, 2010, 03:02 PM
It's not a glitch, it's a limit — they have to place one somewhere.
I've never even nearly played enough to get that many hours in; amazes me how many people apparently have.

Weavile05
December 29th, 2010, 05:10 PM
It's not a glitch, there is just no more space for any more numbers. lol.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
December 29th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Yeah it's not a glitch...actually I made it to that number in my Emerald...

Team Fail
December 29th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Possibly a lack of space in the cartridge seeing as R/S/FR/LG/E are big games. Could be the same for the 4th gen games on the DS.

It is. The max any game clock can go in any Pokèmon game is 999:99. In GSC, the game resets if you get there. The reason why is the game cannot track any higher because that's the maximum amount of digits that the game is made to display.

pumpkinziggy
January 1st, 2011, 08:43 AM
It is. The max any game clock can go in any Pokèmon game is 999:99. In GSC, the game resets if you get there. The reason why is the game cannot track any higher because that's the maximum amount of digits that the game is made to display.

When I played my Gold, which had its internal battery run dry, my clock reached 999:59 because I never turned it off, but it didn't reset.

But that was the only time I ever reached that amount... The second highest I've ever had was about 150 hours...

Moonlord
January 1st, 2011, 08:59 AM
I'm not nearly close to reach the limit...I have about five pokemon games to play on so ;) I'd think I'm never gonna get there.

vaporeon7
January 15th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Maybe the game designers don't expect us to play it that much. The highest I've got in a Gen III game is 680 hours on my Ruby.

Noblebeastx
January 20th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I have only reached 999:99 on my pokemon diamond.Its not a glitch thou its a limit.They think that no one is really that interested in pokemon that they would play over that timelimit before they were to get ride of the game or a new one would come out i guess.

sab
January 21st, 2011, 03:29 PM
I'm at about 750 on emerald right now. If you count resets, I may have reached it, but unfortunatly it doesn't save that... Does anyone know if the game ever stops saving like in gsc, cause if so I'll have to make backups every twenty five hours or so. Also I have NEVER left the game on over night to rack up time, so I have at least 800hrs playtime.

ShaQuL
January 23rd, 2011, 03:44 AM
i havent got it but i soon will :( does it do something to the game?

JakeyBoy
January 23rd, 2011, 05:20 AM
Does anyone know if the game ever stops saving like in gsc, cause if so I'll have to make backups every twenty five hours or so.

They will, but not for a long time. I think I've heard that some cartridges are supposed to last more than a lifetime.

333Bl4ck
January 27th, 2011, 02:35 AM
the half of my playtime iam afk cause i do alot of stuff in addition XD