PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying Christmas songs!

EmeraldSky
December 2nd, 2004, 08:17 AM
Okay, we all know Christmas has a lot of well-loved songs that go with it...but there are some that are just plain annoying and stupid.

So, my question is: What Christmas songs are annoying to you? Be sure and include a reason why the song is annoying.

Some of mine:

The Chipmunks Christmas song (you know, Alvin wants a hula hoop?): Sure. it's cute the first time, but you may not think so after the 1,000,000,000th time
The Looney Tunes version of "Blue Christmas": Porky Pig doing Elvis? I don't think so!
Really sappy versions of carols: There's a fine line between beautiful singing and destroying a carol...and I've heard plenty of bad versions of carols to boot
Really jazzed up versions of carols: On the other side of the coin, there are just some carols that are MEANT to be sung slow...likewise it's okay if "Joy to the World" has a little swing; but don't overdo the jazzing up
Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer: This song is disturbing, plain and simple.

Teara
December 2nd, 2004, 05:08 PM
Actually my bezt friend made up zome dizturbing variationz of a few zongz that annoy me the mozt <<

*ahem* but bezidez that, I have to agree with you about the Alvin and the Chipmunkz zong. I can't ztand the zqueeky..nezz ><
And I really don't think there'z very many more. Almozt all the Christmas albumz we get are bad.

AZSupraT
December 2nd, 2004, 05:10 PM
for some reason, I think all of them are annoying

Rubberbandman
December 2nd, 2004, 05:21 PM
Carol of the bells!I really want to destroy that song!

Brittany
December 2nd, 2004, 05:21 PM
for some reason, I think all of them are annoying
*Strongly Agrees*
*gives props*
Hmm, is that enough? :P

Iveechan
December 2nd, 2004, 05:28 PM
The only holiday-ish songs I like are the sugarplumb fairy things. Ya know, Russian music. Does orchestration count? I just find that music to be very beautiful. And it makes me think of Tetris ;). But all of those happy happy singing songs are annoying. That two front teeth song grinds on my nerves.

ryan
December 2nd, 2004, 05:28 PM
Carol of the bells!I really want to destroy that song!
tell me about it... we have to sing that song in choir... it's so dumb making ding dong ding bohm noises

Alex_
December 2nd, 2004, 05:30 PM
they all kinda suck to me but i hate silver bells, dont ask why i just hate it.

espeon and umbreon
December 3rd, 2004, 12:28 AM
I hate really long and slow Christmas songs! It feel like I've been listening to it for an hour!

Kylie-chan
December 3rd, 2004, 12:59 AM
Some very annoying variations of Jingle Bells:

Australiana (even an Aussie patriot gets sick of this kind of Aussie degradation). The kelpie bit is just wrong.

Dashing through the bush,
In a rusty Holden ute,
(insert thing here) in the front,
Esky in the boot!
Kelpie by my side,
Singing Christmas songs,
It's so hot I have to wear
My T-shirt, shorts and thongs,
Hey!
Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way,
Oh what fun it is to (I forget)
On an Aussie Christmas Day!
Hey!

Batman (enough said) (two versions):

Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Robin laid an egg,
(I forgot)
And shot Santa in the head,
Hey!

^ just wrong.

I forget the other ones.

dumbthingy
December 3rd, 2004, 06:00 AM
I actually don't hate Jingle Bells that much. I rather dislike the church-only songs where I can't get the point of it :D

ScArLetSkye
December 3rd, 2004, 08:26 PM
Jingle Bell Rock has to be one of the most annoying songs in the whole of the world, to me.

IHATEITIHATEITIHATEIT!

It's corny, there you have it.

Oh, and all those other spruced up western-ish ones.
Ugh, also the Chipmunks one. Squeakiness is ear-splitting, I tell you.

coco
December 3rd, 2004, 08:30 PM
Ewww, I really don't like the "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus" song. It's really disturbing :confused:

Monzae
December 3rd, 2004, 08:35 PM
Chipmunks = Cool.

I really really don't like christmas songs; especially the Celebrity remakes. They pee me off SO MUCH. I don't like the whole Christmas getup either, with the green and red colours everywhere...Christmas is so annoying, except for the presents xD

ScArLetSkye
December 3rd, 2004, 08:39 PM
Coco, I second that vote for 'I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus'. Most agreeably. It's just plain creepy. Answer this, anybody:
Why is it even a Christmas song? X.X;

Kyosuke
December 3rd, 2004, 09:34 PM
For me any sort of Chipmucks song *remembers how it played on and on in school today XD*, also I have to agree with the Jingle Bells Rock song it gets to me after a while.

Flygon_Zero
December 3rd, 2004, 10:01 PM
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
Don't ask why.....it's a very traumatic, well not really, and funny story....:D

Sylphiel
December 3rd, 2004, 10:46 PM
Remakes of christmas songs tend to annoy me...

And by remake, I mean things like the "redneck" version of 12 Days of Christmas that I've heard. Ugh. I just don't like things like that. (Though I have heard some that were hilarious. But, for the most part...no.)

I can't think of any regular christmas songs that annoy me, at the moment. O_o I'm sure they exist, I just can't think of them.

PGN
December 4th, 2004, 03:51 AM
I hate:
The Chipmunk song
The Evil 2 Front teeth song

And the remake of Deck the Halls, is just weird:
Deck, the halls with poison ivy
falalalalalalalala
Break, a window
Pop a tire
falalalalalalalala
Set, the Christmas tree on fire
falalalala, lalalala

Shana
December 4th, 2004, 05:45 AM
I love all Christmas songs...XD

Intuition
December 4th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Lol, well I don't really like Christmas.. The songs are ok though :)

Knuckles
December 4th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Jingle Bells. Bah! I still have to hear it though.

TRIFORCE89
December 4th, 2004, 08:22 AM
I agree with you on Alvin and the Chipmunks. *cringe* ><

I hate the Bruce Springsteen version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town. It's not signing, it's just yelling with music in the background. You can hear how much pain the screaming is causing him too because at someparts he's singing and then he just stops (Santa Claus is coming t-).

jynx
December 4th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Frosty the Snowman,
Rudough the Red Nose Reindeer.

Claire
December 4th, 2004, 11:31 AM
I love them all XD i know it's corny, but i love christmas ^^

jynx
December 4th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Oh I also hate the one that goes like this:

On the first day......
On the Fifth day...
On the XXXX day...
and so on.

Kelsey
December 4th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Jingle Bells. XD Sorry, but I hate the version with "Jingle Bells, Batman smell, Robin layed an egg...." It's just too childish IMO. But then, who doesn't like to mess with world renowned songs every now and again? XD

~Kelsey

ASG
December 5th, 2004, 08:44 AM
da grinch song sucks! i have to sing it i chrous(sp) for the concert this thursday(i'll probly skip the concert like i do every year.

Kiri
December 5th, 2004, 02:03 PM
12 days of xmas makes me want to smash my skull in. Has anyone ever been carol singing?

EmeraldSky
December 5th, 2004, 07:44 PM
I have! We had cake and cookies afterward! The only bad part was screwing up "O Holy Night" REALLY bad....

Sumomo & Kotoko
December 5th, 2004, 09:22 PM
I don't hate NE X-Mas songs... :D

PichuSecretBase
December 6th, 2004, 03:15 AM
http://www.pichusb.com/berry/Tsu/gasp2.png None are annoying! It's Christmas! *laughs* Jingle Bell isn't even a Christmas song. Tis a Thanksgiving song..

jynx
December 6th, 2004, 10:39 AM
12 days of xmas makes me want to smash my skull in. Has anyone ever been carol singing?
Ya! That's the most boring ever!!

yes I did...my school forced me... :dead:

Mr Cat Dog
December 6th, 2004, 12:46 PM
I don't like Away in a Manger. It's so slow and monotonous and incredibly boring and I'm going to send myself to sleep even talking about it XD But... yeah... I hate Away in a Manger.

jynx
December 6th, 2004, 01:22 PM
I don't like Away in a Manger. It's so slow and monotonous and incredibly boring and I'm going to send myself to sleep even talking about it XD But... yeah... I hate Away in a Manger.
There's a fast version and sounds nicer! :D

Bree~chan
December 6th, 2004, 02:32 PM
I personally hate all Christmas songs.^^;
The only kind I like are the songs on my Pokemon Christmas Bash CD,cause Ash sings in them.=P

Sumomo & Kotoko
December 6th, 2004, 06:07 PM
http://www.pichusb.com/berry/Tsu/gasp2.png None are annoying! It's Christmas! *laughs* Jingle Bell isn't even a Christmas song. Tis a Thanksgiving song..
How is it a Thanksgiving song?? 0_o'

I personally hate all Christmas songs.^^;
The only kind I like are the songs on my Pokemon Christmas Bash CD,cause Ash sings in them.=P
Ash,singing,I'm going to have bad dreams tonight *shuters* :confused: :\ :surprised :(

Miya902
December 6th, 2004, 08:45 PM
The most annoying song I heard is when Muppets sang the 12 days of chirstmas, I swear if the were more days to that song, I swear I'd take a hammer to my radio.