PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Black & White US Trailer

Sora's Nobody
December 28th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Here it is. The Us Trailer for BW, presenting us with Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. So it's basicly the same as the Japanese one just with english text, but.. like it?9CtUsAjuweM
Oh and here's a Link for people who for some reason can't watch it embed'd Pokemanz Trailhuur. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CtUsAjuweM&feature=player_embedded)

King Gumball
December 28th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Very cool display of 3D effects at 0:36 :) That is a really cool trailer, I hoped it would show more pokemon though.

Kevin
December 28th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Nice trailer, pretty epic. XD Can't wait to see more trailers, and when the U.S. games finally come out. I want to see more English text, though. :P

Forever
December 28th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Link please

Making sure i fill the 25 character rule in order to post this...Just ignore this text here.

It isn't that hard to type "Can I please have a link to the trailer?"

And yes, what you wrote at the bottom counts as "filler" text, too. Don't do that next time and just write out four words and 25 characters please.

Anyway, I saw the trailer the other day and I looove it. Makes it seem like they're advertising a movie at first, rather than a game with the opening scenes. :3

Bay Alexison
December 28th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Even though I seen those scenes and such before, it's great to see those again and also see some of the English text in there. Man, can't wait for March 6 now!

Haowakeorden
December 28th, 2010, 06:59 PM
I guess it would be pretty interesting for people who aren't following Black/White particularly closely, but are still somewhat interested in the game. For me, however, it didn't really show me anything I didn't know already.

Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
December 28th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I saw the trailer in the Japanese version and English vesion before.
It also reminded me that there were 150+ new pokemon...wow that's a lot of Pokemon to train...

Dillon_68
December 28th, 2010, 11:13 PM
I saw Black/White flash on my Nintendo Channel as soon as I turned on my Wii today. This trailer is on the Nintendo Channel now.

Sabrewulf238
December 29th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Yeah, I didn't learn anything new either....but really send it home when it said over 150 new pokemon. Kinda surprised me even though I already knew about it. :p

Godot17
December 29th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Too short and uninformative XP

The only thing this means is that Forever and Kaori better brace for the packs of 10 year olds that are going to stumble upon here through Google...

★Symbiosis★
December 29th, 2010, 05:00 AM
It isn't that hard to type "Can I please have a link to the trailer?"

And yes, what you wrote at the bottom counts as "filler" text, too. Don't do that next time and just write out four words and 25 characters please.

Anyway, I saw the trailer the other day and I looove it. Makes it seem like they're advertising a movie at first, rather than a game with the opening scenes. :3

Sorry,btw reason i asked for link and cann't use th emb is caz 75 percent of the times im on the forums im using my dsi.Certain things it doesn't have like emb.

Btw this is not a flame but advance aren't you only 13?So why you going to talk about a 10 year old.Please don't pick on kids just because there younger.Im 17 you don't see me going around picking on 14,15, and 16 year olds just caz there younger.

Naya Rivera
December 29th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Sorry,btw reason i asked for link and cann't use th emb is caz 75 percent of the times im on the forums im using my dsi.Certain things it doesn't have like emb.

Btw this is not a flame but advance aren't you only 13?So why you going to talk about a 10 year old.Please don't pick on kids just because there younger.Im 17 you don't see me going around picking on 14,15, and 16 year olds just caz there younger.

I think Advancedk47 is more maturer than most 16+ people on here... also not many people put there right age as on here. He could be 16-17.

And it is true that loads of kids will SPAM up (XD) the Black and White forums soon enough.

Anyway, I got butterflies watching that :3

It's made me about 100x more excited for it, I'm still annoyed with "Miccino" though -_-

Pära
December 29th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Nice trailer, but I've seen it all before. -_-

Forever
December 29th, 2010, 07:44 AM
...so didn't see this before.
I think Advancedk47 is more maturer than most 16+ people on here... also not many people put there right age as on here. He could be 16-17.

Kay, no further discussion on the age groups that are most likely to spam B/W, or whatever.

560cool.
December 29th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Most of the trailer is with opening scenes. xP
But still, the only cool thing the trailer tells is the release date. I can't say this trailer got me more excited [than I already am :-D], but the info on pokemon.com did pump me up a tad more.

Now, it's basically like the load of info Japan got last summer... so, Shikijka and the season gimmick are up next, I suppose. :x

★Symbiosis★
December 29th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I love the 3D effects and i can't wait till march for its release...Just hope i can get 40 bucks some how.I need a job dangit.

Bluerang1
December 29th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Everything looks better in English xD But they did it awesomely except when they included the word "Pokemon" xD Still, it'll appeal to those who have already left the franchise, hopefully ^_^

PlatinumDude
December 29th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I just saw the trailer, and I must say, it's one of the best Pokemon trailers I've seen so far. I like how Geechisu was about to crown N at the beginning of the trailer.

solarowl
December 29th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I think its the best trailer for a Pokemon game so far. It seems to show off its 3d effects a bit.

maltese
January 2nd, 2011, 08:27 AM
WOw!!!
It's really cooool
can't wait
:D :D

Mortalis
January 2nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
I think this is my favorite trailer so far from any Pokemon game.

For the people that didn't know it came out in Japan and saw this on TV, they probably just went ballistic, then remembered what they named the water starter [Oshawott] and probably face palmed.

Pokestick, good times.
January 2nd, 2011, 10:42 AM
I've found that it's really difficult to promote a Pokémon game in any media without it looking childish to some people. But they did a pretty good job on this trailer.

I especially like the "New beginning" part. They're clearly trying to show Pokémon in a new light in these games, a bit more mature and advanced.

Moonlord
January 2nd, 2011, 10:55 AM
Pretty awesome Trailer, ima pre order it soon :D

Haza
January 3rd, 2011, 02:58 AM
Lol, that trailer was a bore... still cant wait

Zorua
January 4th, 2011, 07:57 PM
...I loved that trailer, believe it or not. It was pretty funny too, because I remember a point in time, when B/W was first announced, that nobody thought N(at the beginning of the vid) wasn't actually N and was someone totally different. xD

But that's a nice trailer nonetheless! It makes me want the game even more(darn you for making the trailer so good, Nintendo). xD

pokewalker
January 25th, 2011, 10:26 PM
SO here is the new trailer:
oWEpFtBNzuM
How do you like it? Discuss!

Forever
January 25th, 2011, 10:33 PM
The other trailer thread is still alive, so why have two active trailer threads when you can have one covering both trailers. :D

This one seems to cover the things that don't really interest me (like battles), so I prefer the first trailer, iirc, cause it showed more landscape.~

PlatinumDude
January 26th, 2011, 01:23 AM
I like the first trailer better than the newer one because it shows more of the gameplay on the field rather than in the battles.

560cool.
January 26th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Kinda weird. And short. It's there just to show us Triple Battles, I think.

Guy
January 26th, 2011, 07:17 AM
First trailer definitely dominates compared to the second, but it does cover what the first one only touched up on for a few seconds which were some of the new battling features.

pokewalker
January 26th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Kinda weird. And short. It's there just to show us Triple Battles, I think.

Also IR communication. And the new VS screen :D

WillCurt
January 26th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I think both trailers were neat,they covered different things and in some ways,I like the second trailer better because of the Pokemon battling.

So far,I like all the English names for the new Pokemon,the only one I'm not so crazy about is Gothitelle,but that could be because I would rather use Jynx.

pokewalker
January 26th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I think both trailers were neat,they covered different things and in some ways,I like the second trailer better because of the Pokemon battling.

So far,I like all the English names for the new Pokemon,the only one I'm not so crazy about is Gothitelle,but that could be because I would rather use Jynx.

I liked the first trailer better. This one is rather short and it doesn't cover something new. (the first one didn't too o.0) And at a certain moment the music makes a weird loop.

Snowflakes
January 26th, 2011, 11:15 AM
First trailer kicks the second trailer's butt~
But, the first trailer is more of a theatrical presentation and the second one is just showing off the new features that we'll miss if we don't buy it. Or something like that. :P

WillCurt
January 26th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I liked the first trailer better. This one is rather short and it doesn't cover something new. (the first one didn't too o.0) And at a certain moment the music makes a weird loop.
Well,since I don't even have a Japanese version,I liked watching the Pokemon battles more,but that doesn't mean I didn't like the first trailer,its just that I was more anxious for the new battles than the new places right now.

January 26th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I liked better the first one too but it's nice to see them advertise triple battles :)

Cat
January 26th, 2011, 03:35 PM
SO here is the new trailer:
oWEpFtBNzuM
How do you like it? Discuss!

I saw this earlier today, I thought it was great, and I also thought, yesterday that it was 48 days but it was 38, just shows how time flies :).

Haowakeorden
January 26th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I guess the second trailer does a good job of showing off triple battles. That seems like it was its main purpose.

Otherwise, nothing new to me.

January 26th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I wonder when they are going to begin advertising the game and what trailer would they use though I imagine they will use the first one or maybe both.

Hypno
January 26th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I feel like they should keep triple battles as a secret since that might drive some people away from actually purchasing this game (introducing it first in the ad looks like they are running out of ideas), but I'm glad they showed faster IR communication.

Kirbychu
January 26th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I feel like they should keep triple battles as a secret since that might drive some people away from actually purchasing this game (introducing it first in the ad looks like they are running out of ideas), but I'm glad they showed faster IR communication.
The people who say they're running out of ideas aren't the target audience; it's the kids who think these new triple battles are totally awesome. Personally, I like how they implemented some new mechanics rather than simply adding an extra Pokemon.

Infernhawk
January 26th, 2011, 08:56 PM
If they were to combine the trailers, it would be alot better. We would get all that information in 1.

infernaperoxx
January 29th, 2011, 06:34 AM
best pokemon trailer ever. epic 3d graphics. i cant wait until this game comes out.

Storm_has_formed
January 29th, 2011, 09:56 AM
how does adding new mechanics=running out of ideas? They are just adding something new to the game to keep it fresh

OT: It's nice to see the trailers, but i would much rather get my hands on the game...

GlitchCity
February 4th, 2011, 10:44 AM
My friends went gaga over this trailer when I showed it to them. I think it was the different camera angles they showed in the game is what caught their eyes.

Pära
February 4th, 2011, 10:53 AM
All I can say is....

Nintendo has been making some games look really bad,as these trailers are terrible. ¬_¬

Calamity
February 4th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I see whats been pointed out about the music loop. -_- But I think this trailer was more about to boast the new features B&W have in store.

Forever
February 7th, 2011, 10:05 PM
U6UjJFAq8Nc

Might as well discuss it.

(I'm one of those who thinks Unova is pronounced exactly the same as "You-No-Va" and the narrator just can't speak properly. :D /probably really wrong)

Sora's Nobody
February 7th, 2011, 10:17 PM
U6UjJFAq8Nc

Might as well discuss it.

(I'm one of those who thinks Unova is pronounced exactly the same as "You-No-Va" and the narrator just can't speak properly. :D /probably really wrong)That's exactly how i think it pronounced, but those narrators have always had a reputation for pronouncing things like that wrong. What i don't like with the spot, is that the tone in his voice make it seem like he's talking to a three year old. Which he might be...

Cat
February 8th, 2011, 04:17 AM
I noticed the way the narrator pronounced Unova differently to how I pronounce it

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 8th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Call it biased, but I don't think these commercials really emphasise the games enough. They certainly aren't fast-paced - in fact, they're slow at expressing everything there is to market. The Japanese commercials were jam-packed and (I feel) could build up quite some hype - and in 15 seconds no less.

I hope TPCi at least had their pronunciation for "Unova" verified, because if TPCi policed the pronunciation, it may very well be official.

miley810
February 8th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I thought it was suppost 2 come out sometime in June of July!GO OSHAWATT!I guess yall can guess who I'm getting.Thanks for the trailer,I would probley have never found out when it was coming out till it was to late and then there would be no pokemon black and or white for me

February 8th, 2011, 07:47 AM
The narrator pronounced it like I did most of this time :)
I like the commercials, they are pretty nice but not as nice as the Emerald commercial years back :)

WillCurt
February 8th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I think we will officially know how the region is pronounced when we watch the Black and White anime.

As for the new trailer,I liked it pretty well.The trailer showed more exploration,and some battles,can't wait for the release.

miley810
February 10th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Wow,this game is ganna be so SWEET!My brother doesn't do pokemon games any more (well rarly he plays mysterydungeon explores of sky)but I think he'll end up asking mom for black or white.Everytime a pokemon game comes out 1 of us get 1 game and the other gets the other such as.

Pearl:me Diamond:him
Mysterydungon time:me darkness:him (I think)

but with this,wow we'll have trouble disiding I think,cause of the exclusive pokemon.can someone tell me the exclusives please?I hope this isn't spam,I realy don't think it is.

s4rg10
February 10th, 2011, 12:24 PM
they dont need to put $$$$$$ and make super commercials, game will sell it self
also about the narrator, he just gets the script, all he does is just read it
its not like this word is in dictionary to check how to pronounce it

Adam.
February 10th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I like these commercials/advertisements. They are inteded, mainly, for a young audience (unlike HeartGold & SoulSilver which showed an interview with an adult about her Chansey) so grab the attention of the audience required to a 'T'.

Oh, and I always love it when they show some footage of the main Mythical Pokemon flying around and stuff...

Forever
February 10th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Wow,this game is ganna be so SWEET!My brother doesn't do pokemon games any more (well rarly he plays mysterydungeon explores of sky)but I think he'll end up asking mom for black or white.Everytime a pokemon game comes out 1 of us get 1 game and the other gets the other such as.

Pearl:me Diamond:him
Mysterydungon time:me darkness:him (I think)

but with this,wow we'll have trouble disiding I think,cause of the exclusive pokemon.can someone tell me the exclusives please?I hope this isn't spam,I realy don't think it is.

This whole post...doesn't really fit anywhere.

Anyway, Version Exclusive Pokemon (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/exclusives.shtml), Version Exclusive Areas (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/versioncity.shtml) and Version Exclusive Battles (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/versionbattle.shtml).

pokewalker
February 24th, 2011, 10:35 PM
New trailer!

p7S0Kj1pw1Y

Oh there also is a Victini trailer out now:

L1KrnpgAEnE

Dillon_68
February 25th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Epic, just epic. I was there from the beginning and my interest has not dwindled over time. That was an awesome trailer that really spoke to the fans.

WillCurt
February 25th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Boy,its been a long time since Pokemon started.I remember me, Colin, and our mom getting into the series since its debut, and I always get one version like red, while they get blue.

Just watching those two videos made me very anxious for Black(the one I'm getting)and White, and makes me look forward to getting Victini.

ManhattanTheStarr
February 25th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Hm, I like the first trailer quite a lot. :3 'Cept it kinda spoiled a couple of places in the game that I wanted to wait to see... Sucks that I technically wasn't there when it began (I started "when it advanced" :B). But I love how they make B/W truly seem like the very recreation of Pokemon games. THIS should be the commercial for B/W. Even if it is a bit lengthy for a commercial. :x

Jorah
February 26th, 2011, 06:26 AM
As the anime pronounces Unova as "you-nuh-vah" I'm supposing it's the official pronounciation, rather than it being the narrator's mistake in the previous video.

Loved the first trailer and "The Evolution and History of Pokemon Black and White" trailer. Loved how that one was aimed at the older fans :D I haven't seen that advert in the UK, though. I have seen one with N in though, and I fangasm everytime I see him on screen <3 XD

Rathalos
February 26th, 2011, 06:38 AM
These new trailers are hyping me up so much! This game looks different, it's like, appealing to those who have played the game all this time, not for kids but still for them. Liike how in pokewalkers trailer it says 'you were there'. It looks amazing, 4th march! <3

Rai
March 1st, 2011, 09:06 PM
All of the trailers are making me even more excited for when the games come out! Seriously like omfg ;.; <3

I especially love the epic music. It's so dramatic and... epic!

§acred†Beo!
March 2nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
Well I can remember back to the blue and red pokemon commercials, which were just plain epicness, however that may just be because of nostalgia. I do think these commercials are pretty decent, and give enough information to spark interest.

March 2nd, 2011, 07:57 PM
I always turn around when the Pokemon comercial shows up on tv even if I already saw it...it makes me anxious for this Sunday :)

sshadow
March 2nd, 2011, 08:08 PM
I can't believe how much Pokemon has changed over the years. I grew up with the games and I'm glad this is a revamp and how well its doing.
Deffinitely going to to get this.