PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Professional Sport?

Pokemaster483
January 2nd, 2011, 10:42 PM
Sorry if there's already a thread for this, I checked and couldn't find one. ;) Anyways, the poll pretty much explains itself. Vote for which professional sport you follow the most or are the most interested in, and then you can post what you voted and why!

My favorite professional sport is football (the American kind!). Even though my city's team is the laughing stock of the NFL, I root for them all season long and love to see them win (for those of you wondering, they're the Detroit Lions).

I'm interested to all your opinions, and sorry if I didn't add something to the poll that should be there.

Numbers
January 4th, 2011, 06:45 AM
First off I just want to say well done for putting the choice "Football/soccer" as a lot of people probably would have just put "Soccer" and that's not what we call it where I live :D But yeah I chose football (or soccer to you Americans) I love it. It's probably the biggest sport in Scotland where I live. Most people say the reason they don't watch football is because of all the over dramatic diving the players do. Well in Scotland we don't have that problem as in Scotland the game is rougher. The only team that really dives/cheats is a team called "Rangers". I think you can see what team I support by my signature.

Eliminator Jr.
January 4th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I put Other. My favourite sport is AFL, or Australian Football League. It's the national sport over here and unique to our country (there are leagues in America and South Africa and New Zealand and stuff, but they are very small). It's not just people running into each other like rugby, and it's not just people running up and down a field and scoring next to nothing like soccer[/opinion] so it's very entertaining. It's a fast-paced game. I go for the Hawthorn Hawks.

Mario The World Champion
January 4th, 2011, 11:23 PM
It has to be auto racing for me. I've been watching anything Auto Racing since 1992 and I still watch it religiously!

otaku-dono
January 4th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Why is horseback racing there but not cricket. :U

aka I say cricket. Amazing sport. <3

Went
January 5th, 2011, 02:29 AM
I'm between automobile racing (long time F1 fan) and association football. Although I find racing more entertaining, I always love watching a good football match.

Forever
January 5th, 2011, 02:33 AM
I put Other. My favourite sport is AFL, or Australian Football League. It's the national sport over here and unique to our country (there are leagues in America and South Africa and New Zealand and stuff, but they are very small). It's not just people running into each other like rugby, and it's not just people running up and down a field and scoring next to nothing like soccer[/opinion] so it's very entertaining. It's a fast-paced game. I go for the Hawthorn Hawks.

This. AFL is pretty awesome. :) And it's the only sport I really enjoy watching. XD

(Thank God somebody else explained it /way too lazy)

Oh and I go for Crows.~

curiousnathan
January 5th, 2011, 02:52 AM
This. AFL is pretty awesome. :) And it's the only sport I really enjoy watching. XD

(Thank God somebody else explained it /way too lazy)

Oh and I go for Crows.~
The mighty tigers will eat them for breakfast. ~

Yeah, I don't mind watching the AFL with my dad escpecially when we're members of the Richmond Footbal Club. It's really good to spend some quality time, father and son.
I like to play gold which is great and it's extremely fun when I play against my dad and his mate. But besides watching AFL live and actually playing Golf, I love watching the tennis on TV late at night on a summer's night. It's entertaining and myself and my nan love watchng it together. :) It's like 'our thing' you know.

Jayster23
January 5th, 2011, 03:09 AM
Haha more aussies than i thought.

AFL all the way! I go for Hawthorn and play for a local club so yeah ^^

PlatinumDude
January 9th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I watch basketball on TV every now and then, but I also watch car/auto racing.

Sterling
January 9th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Football. Always football. All other sports on TV just seem to bore me easily. But with Football, you can never expect anything when it comes to plays.

jasonresno
January 10th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I love sports, seriously, any sport I can find a way to watch/play/talk about. But my favorite sports have to be Basketball/Football (NFL)/Hockey in that order. I'm a Chicago guy through and through. I've seen every Bulls game on CSN for the last two years, at least. I also live and die by how the Bears play on Sunday. I'm newer to the NHL and only really started paying attention last postseason (admitted bandwagoner, ya dig?).

Agent Clank
January 10th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Football.
Its just the only sport that intrests me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
January 11th, 2011, 12:07 PM
American football, though even that I only casually keep up with.

My favorite used to be auto racing until NASCAR completely screwed up their system and rules.

zekes
January 12th, 2011, 12:39 AM
I want to be like the legendary Michael Jordan so I voted Basketball though my height isn't that right for that sports I actually dreaming to be one.

mochilicious
January 12th, 2011, 06:18 AM
I'm going with swimming, since I'm a swimmer, and it's so fun to watch, but soccer/football comes in at a close second for watching.

Binary
January 12th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Futbol, because I refuse to call it Soccer. :/
Football is the only sport I really watch, although I like taking part in quite a wide variety of sports. A good game of football is always relaxing for me. And I enjoy playing it just as much.
I watch Cricket occasionally. Haven't really been watching much of it as of late though. I enjoy playing Cricket however. :)

Brendino
January 13th, 2011, 03:35 AM
My favourite sport is hockey, but maybe it's just a Canadian thing.
I also follow American Football, Baseball, Soccer and Golf to a lesser extent (in that order).

mikpeters
January 13th, 2011, 03:52 AM
First off I just want to say well done for putting the choice "Football/soccer" as a lot of people probably would have just put "Soccer" and that's not what we call it where I live :D But yeah I chose football (or soccer to you Americans) I love it. It's probably the biggest sport in Scotland where I live. Most people say the reason they don't watch football is because of all the over dramatic diving the players do. Well in Scotland we don't have that problem as in Scotland the game is rougher. The only team that really dives/cheats is a team called "Rangers". I think you can see what team I support by my signature.

Haha, Love the way you stuck the sneaky little diss at rangers in.
Freddie Ljungberg on the buzz for the hoops. <3 it

TheDrummer16
January 19th, 2011, 12:24 AM
I'm a big fan of futbol. I wish the world cup would come around every two years instead of four.

Amore
January 19th, 2011, 03:28 PM

Haha, but my favourite team's beaten both of you on many occasions.

I'll give you a clue - one of our strikers is the highest-scoring Mexican player in the history of the Premier League :P

Yeah, I guess I like Football the best. I have interest in motor racing too, but can't be bothered to sit around watching it. I wouldn't go to see it live, but I would go to a football match.

Limey-chan
January 19th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Football (Soccer) is the only sport I can watch with regularity, usually if there's any sort of football on TV i'll watch it. Of course i'll watch the cricket if it's the Ashes and I was watching when England won the Rugby World Cup.

I don't really have a team, however. Sunderland AFC is my "local" team, or at least the nearest professional team to where I live, and I like seeing them do well (Which is rare), but calling myself a supporter when i've been to about 2 matches in my lifetime is pushing it a bit. If they're on TV i'll try and watch them.

Symbiosis
January 20th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Football is my favorite to watch but to play would be soccer.

PokéSwimmer
January 21st, 2011, 08:51 PM
My favorite Professional sport would have to be Water Polo. I love to play it and I love to watch it when I can. Too bad they never show it on TV in the US...

HaloSonic
January 22nd, 2011, 07:41 AM
why is there no cricket? It's my Favourite sport EVAR!
hey, Football comes second, with particular focus on Premier League. Man United FTW!!

donavannj
January 22nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
In order: Basketball, American football, baseball, and hockey. I have an interest in other professional sports, but I don't follow them quite as readily as these four. Granted, I never have time to watch any games, and I haven't really followed the hometown NBA team on TV as much as the other three these past 5 years because, honestly, they've just been awful, and now that they're interesting I don't have the time to watch them.

jab2033
January 22nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Definitely American Football.

Packers are going to the Superbowl, baby! Go, Pack, Go!

I do watch golf on occasion, and my sister used to be a swimmer, so I am slightly interested in that.

Sushi.
January 22nd, 2011, 07:45 PM
My favorite sports are Golf and Curling.
Both of them are scottish games actually.

Though I also do enjoy watching Soccer and American Football on TV.

KitKat13
January 23rd, 2011, 04:10 AM
My favorite sport is none above the choices, but it's Badminton. I really like this sport, almost all of us, which is my family, friends, and classmates, play.

Black Ice
January 27th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Basketball. It's a hell of a lot more complicated than it seems. I also started watching basketball the year before the OKC Thunder existed, so I guess I could credit them with keeping my interest up.

Chloè
January 27th, 2011, 10:05 PM
My favorite sport, would definitely have to be volleyball.
I played Volleyball all through my high-school career on Varsity, and was a captain my Sophomore through Senior years.
I like hard floor volleyball better than beach volleyball though, but both are fun :)

Weeaboo Name
January 27th, 2011, 10:22 PM
"First off I just want to say well done for putting the choice "Football/soccer""

Yup, this. I'm a very happy Norwich fan at this moment in time. xD

Devil's Guitarist
February 2nd, 2011, 07:06 PM
hmmm well my favourite sport is swimming since I've been in the team since i was 15 or so and everybody says I'm pretty good at it but for me I'm not good enough yet. I used to participate a lot in speed swimming which is for time and also as a race. Then after that I started to practice my resistance since i was fast but I couldnt stay much under water. I used to swim about 1500 meters which are about 1.5 kms in 1 hour, of course taking the usual breaks and all that but then I got too many stuff to do and i couldnt do it anymore :P I do have medals though =D

weeman10
February 5th, 2011, 03:08 AM
I'm not surprised that not many of you have said rugby, but it is an incredible sport.

I prefer Rugby Union to League, mainly because its what I play. I'm Welsh as well, so I'm gutted that we lost last night in the Six Nations :/

dizzyKitty
February 5th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I never really followed many sports growing up (my sister was a huge horseracing fan, but not really me). Recently I've gotten into hockey. I frequent a rink near my college where the Capitals practice and I'm looking into getting tickets to see my first game with my boyfriend. Funstuff! :3

MysticFlygon
February 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM
American football and basketball ftw. Been a Dolphins fan for most of my life.

Katalyst
February 7th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Football. The European kind (which is the REAL football so I refuse to call it soccer. kthnx)
I don't care about how many goals are scored, if my team wins and plays well it's enough. I like to see players' skills with their feet, their teamwork and not just some physically buffed oxes tackling each others all the time in a game which is being interrupted all the time and is played with an egg.

Other than football, I like badminton and tennis.

olih
February 9th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I like to horse back ride. It's an awesome sport, and, unlike some people think, it's not easy. It's not just sitting there and letting the horse do all the work. If you do that, you're guaranteed to fall off.

Barney.
February 9th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Football/soccer. It's the game I religiously follow, it's the game that brings out all my emotion, and it's the best game in the world. I support Liverpool..And recently.. tell you what, that hasn't been easy. But we're slowly turning the corner. King Kenny will soon bring success back to Anfield.

I rarely enjoy other sports..But recently I've been getting into NFL and NHL. Following Atlanta Falcons and Pittsburgh Penguins respectively. Don't ask me why I chose those teams..I just liked them when I watched them play.

PokeGirlX
February 9th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Probably basketball. I don't pay attention to sports that much but I like watching NBA or WNBA games sometimes and it's also my favorite sport to play with my friends. :)

Nervous Eddy
February 10th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I can't believe boxing isn't on the list! Boxing is certainly my favorite. It's actually the only sport I ever watch much.

The Noob Hacker
February 11th, 2011, 05:18 AM
To watch, Hockey and Baseball. Hockey because I loved how fast-paced and sometimes violent the sport is, Baseball because 1. My dad is a athletic trainer for a professional baseball team 2. Because of that, I've been to countless baseball games.

GlitchCity
February 12th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Im a Soccer fan all the way. Houston Dynamos and Manchester United, feel the love :D

GirlieNinjaRose
February 19th, 2011, 06:20 AM
My favorite sport would be Basketball, I've been playing basketball since 2 years ago.

The Corrupt Plague
February 19th, 2011, 10:45 PM
None of the above. I'm not really into sports.

Saryka
February 19th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Tennis isn't on the list! :( It's my favourite sport to play, and although I'm not a big sports watcher, I enjoy watching a good tennis game from time to time.

I also enjoy Squash and Badminton... well, basically, any sport requiring a racket, haha. XD

Dartht33bagger
February 21st, 2011, 12:15 PM
I think rugby is a great sport

HinaBaby
February 25th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I play basketball, but I'm not really into it, I just play for fun!

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
February 28th, 2011, 12:59 PM
It has to be... Wrestling for me :D

jcsimpson
March 2nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Curling all the way...and Golf.

Matt 24
March 3rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
I watch hockey religiously.

CptSwaggerPants
March 3rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
Football most deffinetely, big strong muscular men...why not?

HoopyFrood
March 7th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Track and Field is definitely number 1 for me and the only sport I'm good at.. Too bad it's not really on TV that often.

After that, then definitely the NBA, Magic till death.

The worst for me have to be the WNBA and Major League baseball.. Yeeahh.

BBA_Beyblader_321
March 8th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I frickin' LOVE American Football. Those guys are like trains! i'd hate to be hit by one of them!! ...by the way... golf shouldn't count. more like a pastime -_-

Hiche..
March 9th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Football (soccer), yeah. I have been watching this game for the past 15 years for all I can remember.

Pikafangirl
March 10th, 2011, 12:15 AM
I'd probably go with basketball. :)

Captain Hobo.
March 12th, 2011, 08:30 PM
My favorite sport is basketball. I love playing it and watching it. Go Heat:D

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
March 12th, 2011, 08:52 PM
My dissapointment at Badminton being reduced to 'other' in the above poll is apparent. :C

That said, Badminton.

Cradily
March 24th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Football all the way lads and lasses, i shout at it watching and love going to the empty but load DW stadium!

Come on Wigan!

James McCarthy you legend!

Mr Cat Dog
March 25th, 2011, 03:08 AM
I went through a phase last year of really liking Formula 1, yet when the new season starts I'm not sure if I'll watch any of it. Maybe it was just the excitement of discovering something new that held my attention (as well as the crashes!); maybe I cared more about the strategy then than I do now... not really sure.

Loads of Olympic events I go nuts for. Sit me in a room with some obscure sport that I've never heard of - especially with the Winter Olympics - and by the end of the day, I'll be so caught up in it, you could have me commentating and everything! Also, tennis I enjoy watching, but it can become kinda same-y if you watch a whole match.

Doma Yuset
March 26th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Probably football and basketball I guess.