PDA

View Full Version : What are you currently reading?

Gulpin
January 9th, 2011, 08:06 AM
As the title says. Just come here and tell us what book is currently in your hands. If you want you can say a little bit about the book or why you like or hate it.

Currently I am reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'm absolutley loving it! A long time ago I started the series and got through the fourth book when my sister who I was borrowing the books from wouldn't let me have the fifth. But recently I've decided to get through the whole series. I started around Thanksgiving and have been flying through the books, some faster than others. Anyways I'm sure that most people here know what these books are about so I wont bother saying it, haha.

Captain Fabio
January 9th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I am currently re-reading Angels & Demons because it is a rather good book in my opinion.

Cadance
January 9th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I just bought the book Here's What We'll Say: Growing up, coming out, & the US Air Force Academy authored by Reichen Lehmkuhl. So far it has been very interesting.

Cooker
January 9th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I'm reading The Hobbit! I read the LOTR trilogy and The Silmarillion this fall and so, how could I pass up this Tolkien work? =D

mondays suck
January 9th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Not quite reading as it was an audio book, but I've recently consumed "The Children of Hurin". Apart from that...nothing. I'll have to borrow (yes, I'm ones of these persons that read through their friends' bookshelves rather than restocking their own one when all books in there got boring) some more books for when I'm bored I guess, but I probably won't be too bored until something like the time around Easter, so reading will have to wait.

Captain Fabio
January 9th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I'm reading The Hobbit

GREAT BOOK!
I remember reading that when I was at the end of Primary School, loved every minute of it.

I should really read it again! :3

TRIFORCE89
January 9th, 2011, 05:16 PM
One of my resolutions for the year is to read more.

Is that actually possible? I don't know. I spend far too much time reading text books as it. But, this is more fun.

So, I put together a list of my favourites as well as others I've been meaning to read. Picking one at random and reading it. Repeat.

Right now, I'm reading Jurassic Park

Kyoko
January 9th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Fingersmith & The Other Boleyn Girl
gah I read too much, I have a huge stack I got for christmas that I need to read :)

Mariah Carey
January 9th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Things Bogans Like - Michael Jayfox & Intravenus de Milo

Providing you know what a bogan is (white trash or rednecks to you americans), this book is absolutely hilarious.

jasonresno
January 10th, 2011, 11:32 AM
The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I'm on book 3 right now, "The Wasteland". If you haven't read the series I can't strongly recommend it enough.

Le Creep!
January 10th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I'm reading Pet Sematary by Stephen King, then after that, Misery.

jasonresno
January 10th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I'm reading Pet Sematary by Stephen King, then after that, Misery.

More Stephen King love! I love how gritty and dark his writing is.

King Gumball
January 10th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I am reading the Maximum Ride series ATM (By James Patterson) . They are really good!

Jubilation
January 10th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Well I'm reading a comicbook, but 'tis a book nonetheless!

I'm reading X-Factor: The Longest Night.

I loved it and might get the next part, Life & Death Matters.

Le Creep!
January 10th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I'm reading Misery now, I finished Pet Sematary last night.

Next, I'll probably read my Charmed graphic novels/comics.

Gulpin
January 11th, 2011, 05:00 AM
I finished Harry Potter last night so now I'm on to reading I Am Number Four

Mariah Carey
January 11th, 2011, 10:22 PM
The Bedwetter - Sarah Silverman

I think the whole book can be summed up in one statement; "Summer Camp: The Second Worst Camp For Jews".

WriteThemWrong
January 11th, 2011, 10:41 PM
excluding the comics i'm perpetually reading, I'm rereading one of my favorite books and definitely my favorite as i was growing up, Matilda by Road Dahl

angel
January 11th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I'm rereading The Silent Governess. It is such an awesome book, I can't stand to put it down, even though this is my fourth time reading it.

Gero50
January 11th, 2011, 10:54 PM
I do not read many novels, though I do read technology books. a few I am in the process of reading are.
Upgrading & Repairing PCs, PHP from Beginner to Professional. Thats about it as non comics go.

zekes
January 11th, 2011, 11:45 PM
I am currently reading one of novels of Sidney Sheldon entitled Rage of Angels and hopefully I can finish reading it.

Enigma
January 11th, 2011, 11:57 PM
I'm in the progress of reading Deeper by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams, as well as Carlota by Scott O'Dell (which is for a book report). Deeper is a pretty huge book, but Carlota is pretty small, so I think I've got a good balance here.

Yuoaman
January 12th, 2011, 09:20 PM
At the moment I am reading Green Mile by Stephen King, Curse of the Mistwraith by Janny Wurts, and Shadow's Edge by Brent Weeks. Shadow's Edge is the book I am farthest in and would recommend most highly - it's a gritty fantasy centering around a 'wetboy', a kind of assassin. Pretty great stuff.

Arlen
January 12th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Well at the moment I'm ready the good ol' Frankenstein, though I am re-reading House of Leaves which is amazing. It's a horror that will make you crap your pants, but at the same time is a romantic novel that will make the biggest hater of romances (me) enjoy the novel.

Dinaria
January 13th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Lots of Stephen King here, huh? I've read Pet Semetary, Cell, The Long Walk and I tried reading Cujo but it bored me to tears. I haven't really understood what people find so amazing about him but I guess it's possible I've just been reading the wrong books. <:

Currently rereading The Lives of Christopher Chant by Diana Wynne Jones, The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman and the Lord of the Rings series. Again.

iCoffee~♥
January 13th, 2011, 02:02 AM
I am currently reading a book entitled The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks, it's for my book report.

Anna
January 14th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett. It's about war and politics and women's roles in the world and religion and all sorts of things and it is wonderful and funny~

Eurydice
January 14th, 2011, 10:40 PM
i am currently re reading Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater Rhodes and then read the sequel All Just Glass. i love the first one so much im glad that she finally wrote a sequel

Went
January 15th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Currently reading Life, The Universe and Everything, by Douglas Adams. I need to get back on track, I haven't read a single page for a whole week XD

Eliminator Jr.
January 15th, 2011, 01:52 AM
I'm currently reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. It's a sequel to Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code, as in Robert Langdon's the main character again. It's definitely been a good read, but I wouldn't rate it as highly as Angels and Demons, and probably just below Da Vinci Code, purely because it seems a lot less realistic with all the supernatural stuff in it. Still, it's hard to put down.

Felly
January 15th, 2011, 12:22 PM
With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child volume 3 by Keiko Tobe. I have yet to start it, but I'll probably start it & finish it this weekend, maybe tomorrow. It's an amazing manga too. (:

Dubstep
January 16th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Final Fantasy and Philosophy. A book by several professors for people who want to read too deeply into the series.

TheDrummer16
January 19th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Just read "Crush It" by Gary Vaynerchuk. Iteresting read on how to make money through your passion.

★Symbiosis★
January 20th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I am currently reading threads on pokecommunity.com They got some nice stuff you know ? XD

Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
January 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I'm reading The Robots of Dawn by Isaac Asimov, which is fantastic. He's one of my favourite authors. I just finished his book The Naked Sun, which was brilliant and thought provoking even though it started out slowly and I didn't think I'd like it that much at first.
I'm also reading Cosmic Connection: An Extraterrestrial Perspective, by Carl Sagan. Though it's pretty outdated, it's still interesting.

Oh, and I'm reading a book on Javascript, but that doesn't really count. :P

Esper
January 20th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett. It's about war and politics and women's roles in the world and religion and all sorts of things and it is wonderful and funny~
Good book.

I'm reading Jane Eyre. I saw the preview of the movie they made of it and thought: "huh, I didn't know that was a horror story..." so I figured I'd read the book and then see all the liberties they took with it for the movie whenever that comes out.

Not a bad story for far, if you like stories about orphaned 10-year old's who live with mean relatives and have to sleep in the cupboard until the day they're sent off to school in a faraway place.

KitKat13
January 23rd, 2011, 04:00 AM
It seems almost majority of members posting here are reading a book? Well, currently I'm reading a magazine. XD

Amore
January 23rd, 2011, 04:31 AM
Haha.

Well, I'm currently read Necropolis by Anthony Horowitz. It's pretty interesting.

Mariah Carey
January 23rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
At the moment, I'm balancing between The Bridge to Holy Cross by Paullina Simons and Daddy's Girls by Tasmina Perry. Both, of course (I only read good books ok) are impossibly good books, especially Daddy's Girls. I'm still yet to finish The Bridge to Holy Cross though, so I may be biased. Regardless, read them both. ♥

KitKat13
January 24th, 2011, 02:05 AM
I am currently reading a story in my literature book and it's entitled Angels.

Eurydice
January 25th, 2011, 07:57 PM
i just finished Token of Darkness by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes and just started Radiance by Alyson Noel. its kinda iffy on if i like it or not. the writing i think is aimed towards people around 12-15 so a little immature for me but its about ghosts so i will probably finish it

dizzyKitty
February 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I'm currently reading Mockingjay, the last book in The Hunger Games trilogy, on my Kindle. <3

Eurydice
February 5th, 2011, 02:16 PM
i am currently reading generation dead by daniel waters its a very good book about zombies i love it so far

institutions
February 5th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Most recently i've finished Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why (great book) and Stephen King's Full Dark, No Stars.
I'm planning on reading either David Karp's One or Stephen King's Needful Things next.

Mute608
February 5th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I used to be a crazy reader, but now I haven't read a book in like a year or two (unless you count textbooks). It's actually makes me a little sad I haven't found a good book in awhile.

Eurydice
February 6th, 2011, 02:31 PM
i am currently reading Elsewhere by gabrielle zevin for a bookclub i just joined

olih
February 8th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I'm readin Lustrum. It's pretty much about these Roman people that try to kill each other.

Eurydice
February 8th, 2011, 07:50 PM
i just started Jennifer Scales and the ancient furnace- MaryJanice Davidson and Anthony Alongi
its about a dragon shapeshifter ^_^

groteske
February 8th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Finished Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash last week, for the umpteenth time. Some of you guys may like it - protagonist is a hacker with swords, the plot is surprisingly complex and steeped in Sumerian history, and Stephenson's comedic timing & phrasing are impeccable.

Now I'm back to Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead, except I left it in Raleigh and I won't be able to retrieve it until next weekend. BLEH

Graphical
February 9th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I am reading Young Sherlock Holmes, the second book. The opening, with the ants, was really interesting.

Gold warehouse
February 9th, 2011, 11:20 AM
The Dreams in the Witch House and Other Weird Stories by H.P. Lovecraft. I've been wanting to read Lovecraft for ages, but my school library didn't have any of his books and I've only just taken the time to bother finding the nearest local library. It's an omnibus of a lot of his short stories, which wasn't really what I was looking for, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Haowakeorden
February 9th, 2011, 02:56 PM
"T2: Infiltrator". I actually read this one a long time ago when I was a lot more into the Terminator series than I am now, but since I can't be staring at a computer screen too soon before going to bed I might as well read this, and figure out what actually happens at the end (and in the series).

Eurydice
February 15th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I am currently reading 2 books the first is this lullaby by sarah dessen. and the other is a really good zombie book called feed by mira grant

Went
February 15th, 2011, 01:55 PM
And Another Thing, by Eoin Colfer.

TickleMe88
February 15th, 2011, 01:58 PM
The Lost Symbol, by Dan Brown. I've ready most of Dan Brown's books, I just got around to getting this one. Definitely a good read.

Saryka
February 15th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Re-reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, it's such a beautifully written book. One of my favourites.

FangJester
February 15th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Finished Undisputed by Chris Jericho a few days ago. Gonna work on an old Spider-Man novel soon than a Superman one after that.

Captain Hobo.
February 15th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Right now I am reading a book called Sabotaged it is the last of 3 books Found, Sent, Sabotaged.

They are good you guys and girls should read them. You would like them.

Kyoko
February 15th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I just finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl which was one of the best fiction books i've read in a while (go figure its historical fiction).

Now i'm reading The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. It's really old Italian poetry (it was written in the 1300's) I haven't read a classic in a while, and I haven't tried poetry either, so I decided to go ahead and get two birds with one stone :)

ohinvisible
February 15th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I just finished Fortune's Fool by Mercedes Lackey today. It's the third book in her 500 Kingdoms series, which is a fun little series based around extremely loose retellings of fairy tales.

Next on my to-read list is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I'm in the mood for some historical fiction and I've heard this one is good.

aruchan
February 15th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Currently reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn for class reading. In 11th grade. Honors. Z_Z

PokeGirlX
February 16th, 2011, 06:29 AM
I'm currently reading the classic Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell

Rai
February 17th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I am currently reading the Bible, but I am going to take a break soon and read something else because reading it the whole way through is going to take me a really long time.

institutions
February 17th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I'm about to finish "One" by David Karp.
If you're a fan of dystopian novels (1984, A Clockwork Orange, Fahrenheit 451, A Brave New World) you should read this.

It has a classic dystopian outline, with the totalitarian government suppressing individuality, and the psychology and dialogue are fantastic.

Esper
February 18th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I just finished The Solitaire Mystery by Jostein Gaarder this morning. I really enjoyed it although not as much as the first time I read it. Normally I don't reread books, but I'm in the mood for it for whatever reason. I'm thinking of rereading Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto next. Love that book. The words are just so fluid and natural it's hard not to read it once you've opened it.

Ryoutarou
February 18th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I am currently reading The Necromancer, the fourth book in the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. The first book wasn't too great, but I really fell in love with the characters, so I kept reading and absolutely loved the second book. Am breezing through this one at a decent pace and hope to finish it in a week or so.

I've joined a 50 book challenge and want to get as close to that number as I can, but it's a little difficult at times. With having to study so much, it often feels tiring to go back to read, even if it's just for fun, but there are those books that really do a lot to hook me in. I'm seven books into my reading list for the year, so I think I'm going along at a decent pace.

GirlieNinjaRose
February 18th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I am currently reading Alice's Through the Looking Glass for my book report finished the first book.

Eurydice
February 19th, 2011, 06:30 AM
i am currently reading the first book in the chicagoland vampires series Some girls bite i dont remember who its by at the moment tho

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
February 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Size 14 Is Not Fat Either by Meg Cabot

Also Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys for school.

WriteThemWrong
February 28th, 2011, 10:35 PM
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hossein. such a sad book, even half way through my heart broke a million times

The Corrupt Plague
February 28th, 2011, 10:49 PM
The Gone Series. Hurry up, Plague!

HinaBaby
March 1st, 2011, 01:59 AM
I am currently reading Da Vinci Code, I miss reading this book.

Cherrim
March 1st, 2011, 07:41 PM
I'm juuust about at the end of Lightning by Dean Koontz. No, I'm not that self-absorbed! My mom borrowed it from a co-worker and insisted I read it. It's been a good read--I like this type of book--but it's starting to drag on a bit too much. u_u;

Junes
March 4th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Dipping and dabbing here and there, to and fro.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert Pirsig. Lovely.
How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe, Charles Yu. Funny.
The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin. Helpful.

WriteThemWrong
March 4th, 2011, 09:48 PM
just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns, such a good book. even though it was really sad throughout, the ending is amazing and makes up for all the sadness.

looking for a new book to read, something relevant to today or completely out of this world, anyone have any recommendations?

Lambda
March 5th, 2011, 11:18 PM
100 year of solitude it a extremely interesting book book written by this very intelligent chilian writer

miakalina
March 5th, 2011, 11:22 PM
At the moment I'm reading Percy Jackson and the Olypians, Book 1.

Archer
March 6th, 2011, 03:29 AM
The Five Greatest Warriors - Matthew Reilly

It's hard to follow, because it's been so long since I read the last one. Nevertheless, it's a good book.

Eurydice
March 7th, 2011, 09:48 PM
i am currently reading the wise mans fear by patrick rothfuss i have been waiting forever for this book to come out and it is so very amazing

The Nightmare
March 7th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I currently reading a book called winter but forgot the person who made it :(.

Gold19
March 8th, 2011, 06:18 AM
I'm currently reading Aliens vs Predator: Hunter's Planet by David Bischoff an hoefully I'm gonna read the next book in the series.

WriteThemWrong
March 8th, 2011, 08:38 AM
just picked up Brave New World by aldous huxley but i think on top of that i'm gonna pick up some poetry from the library

.Fenris
March 8th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I have Tom Clancy's Without Remorse in my hands right now.

Novia
March 8th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Right now I'm reading Dark Tower VII by Stephen King. It's taking me forever to read it, probably because I stopped 1/4 of the way through to read Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies.

institutions
March 8th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I recently finished Lord of the Flies by William Golding, and started Needful Things by Stephen King.

Eryes
March 12th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I'm reading Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts. It's the first time I've ever read one of her books, especially one that has a pagan overtone to it.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
March 16th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Size Doesn't Matter by Meg Cabot

HoopyFrood
March 16th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Sebastian Coe: Born to Run by David Miller.

Rainy Day
March 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

It's pretty good so far.

SkyKnight
March 17th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Just finished these two: (both by Markus Zusak)
- I Am The Messenger
- The Book Thief

Two very good books in my opinion. I really like his writing style. As for my next reading, I'm thinking about The Jungle by Upton Sinclair or re-reading The Hunger Games series (at the request of a friend).

Mr Cat Dog
March 17th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Currently trying to read The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon, but it's not really the sort of book you can pick up and just read a few chapters of. As readable as it is, it only achieves this quality after you've forced yourself to read at least three chapters so you can get into a good rhythm, especially with regards to all of the Jewish vocabulary that I, for one, am unfamiliar with.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
March 17th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Just finished:

The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli.
The man was a genius!

The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
As a religious person myself, it's interesting to note the view of atheists on certain aspects of religion.

Reading:
Philosophy of Mind
Hey, Philosophy is awesome.

moments.
March 20th, 2011, 04:26 AM
I need to read 'Song of Roland' for my literature-esque subject for university!
While I have barely started reading it, I love all those medieval texts and the culture back then and everything, so it looks very interesting!

Himechi
March 20th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Guild Wars: Edge of Destiny by J. Robert King. Only the second Guild Wars book, and I'm loving it ^___^

G.U.Y.
March 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Digest of Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws.

It's fascinating.

Hassan_Abdillah
March 26th, 2011, 02:16 AM
"The Story of Philosophy" - by Professor Will Durant. International best seller, been translated to multiple languages, 500+ pages. The author basically compiles the history of European Philosophy starting from Socrates all the way down to the contemporary philosophers. Each of the proposed philosophy has been given a fair representation, while including the criticisms to them as well. The language is sheer awesomeness as well.

Philosophy is wonderful, but sometimes I think it's a waste of time, namely because a major portion of philosophy (a) has no practical benefit and/or (b) based merely on speculation. This is the second Philosophy book I'm studying, the first one was "Sofie's World" by Jostein Gaarder.

I've finished Socrates and Plato, and nearing the end of Aristotle.

Arlen
March 26th, 2011, 02:37 AM
just finished Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - so many different viewpoints you can side with from that one novel, very interesting read.

but i think i'm going on to dead hart, just because i do a literature class :D

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
March 26th, 2011, 11:15 AM
I recently finished Lord of the Flies by William GoldingRead it again; this time focus on Roger. Roger has got to be one of the most interesting characters in the novel if you look closely enough at his actions.

As for me:

Italo Calvino's 'If on a Winter's Night a Traveller' is a remarkable postmodern book about reading a book! Everyone who loves weird and wonderful things should read it. I just finished it and wow. Just wow.

Right now, however, I'm on to George Orwell's 'Coming up for Air' and also 'Purgatorio' by Dante Alighieri .

Doma Yuset
March 26th, 2011, 01:31 PM
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

Rainy Day
April 24th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Just finished The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

I love, love, love this book. It has become one of my new favorites.

Mr Cat Dog
April 25th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Given up reading Yiddish Policemen. Might pick it up later on, but am currently reading The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobson: the latest Booker Prize winner (sort of a British version of the Pulitzer in terms of prestiage). It seems OK so far, but I'm only 40 pages in, and I imagine it gets better.

The Blastoise
April 30th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I'm currently reading Congo by Micheal Chricton. I've been on a Chricton craze lately and this is the fifth novel that he wrote that I have read in the past few months.

Azure Revolver
April 30th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Right now? Technically, this topic, but as in the book I'm currently reading, for school, is Night.

Naruto Uzumaki
May 2nd, 2011, 04:16 PM
I currently started re-reading the Maximum Ride series just to remember how it all went. :<

Kyoko
May 2nd, 2011, 08:34 PM
I'm taking finals all this week, so hardcore reading has been put on hold for now. Before I started finals though, I was in the middle of Catch-22 which I love :) I can't wait to finish it.

After Catch-22 the ones on my list are: Brave New World and A Frolic of His Own.

The Blastoise
May 6th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Well now that I've finished Congo, I've moved onto Rising Sun, also by Micheal Chricton.

Naruto Uzumaki
May 7th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Currently reading Witch & Wizard. Not that bad so far, not that bad. I'll see how it turns out later :o

Zaspien
May 7th, 2011, 07:44 AM
I'm currently reading two books at the moment:

Percy Jackson and The Titan's Curse - This book is pretty amazing. So far it's the third in the series and the character development is starting to rise. I'm about three quarters of the way through it and I can't wait to see the ending (which I currently have a prediction of in my mind - let's hope I'm correct!)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Re reading a classic and loving it.

countryemo
May 9th, 2011, 10:54 PM
I'm currently reading two books at the moment:

Percy Jackson and The Titan's Curse - This book is pretty amazing. So far it's the third in the series and the character development is starting to rise. I'm about three quarters of the way through it and I can't wait to see the ending (which I currently have a prediction of in my mind - let's hope I'm correct!)

Dang cant remember the ending xD just finish the series, its really good.

Well I finished
Hero's of Olympus: The Lost Hero
The Kane Chronicals: The Red Pyramid
and I already finish all of Percy Jackson.
So Im about to pick up
The Kane Chronicals: The Throne of Fire

So pretty much Rick Riordan.

Kaori
May 10th, 2011, 03:05 PM
The Diary of Anne Frank, mainly for school. Though I don't mind, I watched the movie (in color!) and it was pretty touching, so I'd only expect the real diary to be just as good.

pokemongarnet
May 12th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Umm, I'm trying to read "Brave New World" but my friend is pressuring me to read Hunger Games series and Pendragon <--- I don't like that one.
So I'm reading Catching Fire

Naruto Uzumaki
May 12th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Starting to re-read the Harry Potter series before the new movie comes out. Let's see if I can beat the record I had in elementary school. (Finished the whole series in 5 days :x)

Kyoko
May 12th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I'm still reading Catch-22 but for Mother's Day, I got my mom all her books she wanted but one since it wasn't available. So to make up for it I got her Water for Elephants since Robert Pattinson is starring in the movie and she loves him :| that book is last on her to-read list and I've been meaning to read it for a few months now, so I helped myself to it :'D

I'm more than halfway done and I started last night, it's great. Catch-22 won't even notice I read another book by time I have this finished ;)

May 12th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I'm reading quite a few books right now. I'm reading Nineteen Eighty-Four, Brave New World, and Neuromancer.

In school we're reading Of Mice and Men, which I already had to read last year in school and wish I didn't have to read again.

deneric
May 12th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I'm reading the New Jedi Order series (darn you star wars, I'm just too addicted) and I'm up to Agents of Chaos 1 - Hero's Trial

institutions
May 12th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I'm reading quite a few books right now. I'm reading Nineteen Eighty-Four, Brave New World, and Neuromancer.

In school we're reading Of Mice and Men, which I already had to read last year in school and wish I didn't have to read again.

That's pretty cool. Nineteen Eighty-Four and Brave New World are two of my favorite novels. I'll have to check out Neuromancer. Is it another dystopian?
Shame to hear you don't like Of Mice and Men. It was the best book I read in High School, next to Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.

OT: I'm reading a Music Theory book. Lame post, I know, but there hasn't been any books i've wanted lately.
I'm thinking of picking up Catch-22 and Slaughterhouse Five. They're always in the recommended sections on books I like, so they must be good.

Seki
May 14th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Madame Doubtfire. I know, I have low standards for a 13 (soon to be 14) year old boy. Its for literature subject for school. I wouldn't bother reading anyway...

Netherfury
May 17th, 2011, 02:03 PM
It's not a book that I am currently reading but rather a book that I wrote called Drylor The First Artifact. It follows a young half-elf named Von whom suffers amnesia and slowly struggles to regain his memory throughout the book. Each time he remembers something from the past he realizes it was all a lie and is sent back to square one.

As he regains his memory he learns that his brother has been corrupted by his own powers and is set on massacring the innocent people of Drylor, the world the book takes place in. Von, the only other person on Drylor with powers like his brother’s knows only he can stop him.

As Von’s memory slowly returns, he discovers that he is the only one who can protect Drylor—a world that abandoned him—from its greatest evil, his own brother. Through his journey to the truth, Von meets an unlikely group of friends who are willing to sacrifice everything to help him stop his brother Scarlet from annihilating the only world they have ever known.

If any of you guys are avid fantasy readers then you might be interested in checking it out. You can find it for sale through Amazon, Barnes and Noble or any other major online book retailers! =D

Esper
May 18th, 2011, 07:38 AM
^
Spoilers

I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I like his stuff, mostly. Sometimes he incorporates some really unlikeable characters and squicky elements and this book has a little of that, but overall it's interesting and well written and mysterious enough to keep me hooked.

Hybrid Trainer
May 19th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I'm starting to re-read Cujo, i only got half way through lat time before i got distracted by Super Mario Galaxy ¬.¬
I really want to finish it this time :D It was an awesome book and it really sucked me in.

Cherrim
May 23rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
I started Looking for Alaska by John Green last night. I've followed vlogbrothers on Youtube for about half a year now and when I was in the States last month, I found a book by him in the bargain section of a bookstore so ever since I've been trying to read whatever I can find. I finished up An Abundance of Katherines the other day and loved it and I think this is the last one my library network has by him. :P I'm about halfway through and I'm not sure I'm enjoying it as much as the others... which is a little strange since it's the one that got all the awards.

Merzbau
May 25th, 2011, 12:30 AM
I'm reading three books at one time, because why not?

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test - Tom Wolfe
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark - Carl Sagan
Rebooting the American Dream: 11 Ways to Rebuild Our Country - Thom Hartmann

I've got some varied interests, guys, I promise. By the way, I would recommend all three of these books. The last one's a little more pragmatic and instructional than the first two, but worth a read all the same.

Naruto Uzumaki
May 25th, 2011, 03:31 PM
'Lord of flies'

I'm reading it for a school contest so I can win a Kindle. I probably won't win, but hey, it's worth a try.

ThisOrTheApocalypse
May 25th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I just finish Split by Swati Avasthi, it was alright, however it left a lot of questions burning.

I'm about to switch to The Romance Of The Three Kingdoms. One of my favorite historical time periods.

Katholic Nun
May 25th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I've just started reading If You Ask Me by Betty White. I'm so psyched she wrote a book, I can't wait to get into it!

YouMadBro?
May 25th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I just finished reading Petals on the Wind by V.C Andrews. It's the second book in her Dollanganger series. Such a mature book, read it if you have an open mind. *coughcoughincestcoughcoughpedoscoughcoughsuicidecough*

Rai
May 25th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Right now I am reading Warriors- The New Prophecy: Dawn

I love those books. I haven't read one in a while so I am a little confused about the names.

Seki
May 26th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Currently reading both "Eye On The World" by Tan Kok Seng and "Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less" by Jeffrey Archer at the same time. Both are borrowed from the library for a book review homework. "Eye On The World" is an autobiography.

I don't know why I like autobiographies so much.

Just read "Beast on My Belfry" by Gerald Durell. Read that because I had nothing better to do and I just love the cartoonish cover. It's another autobiography by the way.

Gulpin
May 27th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Well, I just got finished reading "The Lost Hero" by Rick Riordan. It was really good and I'm happy I decided to start it. Now I'm reading "The Ultimate Gift" (I don't remember the author) and it is really good and a fast read. Next on my list is going to be "Uglies" by Scott Westerfeld and I can't wait to get started :D

The Blastoise
June 1st, 2011, 01:42 PM
I'm currently reading Airframe by Michael Crichton. I'm most of the way through it and love it so far.

Fire Heart
June 2nd, 2011, 11:25 PM
I am in the middle of reading Marked - The House of Night Series - P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast

*Firestar*
June 3rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
I'm currently reading through one of my own creations, coupled with Red Riding Hood by Sarah Cartwright and David Johnson.

Went
June 3rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
"Fácil de matar", by Almudena Grandes. I just bought a ton of books in the yearly Madrid Book Fair so I'll update this often XD

MMaester
June 3rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
I've just read the Hobbit, and started with Fellowship of the Ring 2 days ago :) I'm gna finish the whole LotR series (inc side-stories, not only the trilogy ;) )

Richard Nixon
June 3rd, 2011, 01:19 PM
I'm currentley reading Skullduggery Pleasent Playing With Fire.

chef30
June 17th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Right now, I'm reading Nightmare Acadamy by Frank Peretti and it is getting AWESOME! I read books from authors like Frank Peretti, and Ted Dekker because they make the best scary books ever!

Narcissist
June 18th, 2011, 02:06 AM
As of last week, I'm reading A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. Normally, I'd have completed a book that size by now but I've had some interruptions with relatives and schoolwork so I haven't had a lot of time to relax and read it.

Though, of what I have read, I wouldn't recommend it to people who want an easy read. You have to persevere with this book as it's not completely in English. Most of the sentences are mixed with Nadsat - a fictional language the author conceived, very close to Russian. I believe some editions come with a dictionary at the back (mine did not) but that could become time consuming for some.

The Blastoise
June 24th, 2011, 12:49 PM
As of last weekend I am reading The Great Train Robbery by Michael Chricton. I'm a huge fan of Chricton's writing style but I'm having trouble getting into it.

Ursula
June 27th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I just got a Nook Color, and so I've been reading a lot lately. I just finished reading Room by Emma Donaghue, The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan, and..now I'm reading Black Out by Lisa Unger. It's really neat. It started off quite interestingly. I can't wait to finish it and start a new book ^_~

Kyoko
June 29th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I just finished a book called The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle it's an amazing story and very well written, but also vastly confusing (it left me more confused and hazy than after I watched Inception). Still, I couldn't bring myself to put it down, I highly recommend it.

Now I'm reading No One Would Listen and it's about the guy who kept on file all of the charges against Bernie Madoff's company when he was found guilty of committing fraud. I'm taking accounting now and we did an introduction to fraud and I found it really interesting how the SEC can overlook/ignore all the scams he (and other large companies) was pulling.

Mr Cat Dog
July 2nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
I just finished a book called The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle it's an amazing story and very well written, but also vastly confusing (it left me more confused and hazy than after I watched Inception). Still, I couldn't bring myself to put it down, I highly recommend it.

Now I'm reading No One Would Listen and it's about the guy who kept on file all of the charges against Bernie Madoff's company when he was found guilty of committing fraud. I'm taking accounting now and we did an introduction to fraud and I found it really interesting how the SEC can overlook/ignore all the scams he (and other large companies) was pulling.I started reading Wind-Up Bird a few years ago in a bookshop, and kept going back to the shop to read a chapter at a time as I was too cheap to buy it. I think I managed to get about 100 pages in before just stopping for some reason. I really liked those 100 pages, though. If you liked it, try Norwegian Wood by the same author. Very good.

Just finished The Hollywood Economist, a non-fiction book about the inner-workings of how film studios finance films and why Hollywood accounting means that massive successes can be labelled as failures to get out of paying stars royalties and stuff. Worth a read.

Now reading A Visit from the Goon Squad. I bought it before it won the Pulitzer, but now it's all popular and stuff and I want to be part of the cultural conversation that has sprung up around the book. It's very well written so far, although I'm only about 50 pages in and there've already been about three different character-POV changes.

Posting Binge: 8/40

TRIFORCE89
July 3rd, 2011, 04:30 PM
I've downloading some audiobooks to listen to while at work. I start The Hobbit tomorrow (which I've actually read before). This weekend I went through Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

GamerXtreme
July 3rd, 2011, 05:09 PM
Reading Ozzy Osbourne's autobiography, I Am Ozzy :D
I's freakin' epic xD

-GX-

Dr.Kotov
July 4th, 2011, 04:23 AM
I'm sure everyone here has heard about or seen the movie, "It's Kind Of A Funny Story"; well it was adapted from a book written by Ned Vizzini. Currently reading the book with the same title, and I must say it's one of the most..interesting books I've read.

Kevin
July 4th, 2011, 08:02 AM
The Maze Runner by James Dashner is what I'm currently reading. Pretty good.

RHIOneAlbum
July 4th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I'm reading a few books for school, but I just finished reading The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan. Took 12 hours tom read the whole thing :D

Althea
July 4th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I'm about 3/4 of the way through The Crippled God, by Steven Erikson.

...wow. What can I say. The entire series has been building up to a convergence of events, but now that its finally happening, its gone above and beyond everything that I expected and, Erikson being Erikson, he's totally twisted my perception of various characters. I get the feeling there are inevitably going to be some unresolved storylines, but this is one thing I love about this series: it throws you right into the world. Things have been building up to this point hundreds of thousands of years before the first novel is set, and Erikson somehow manages to involve even these events in the current plot, even with a complete explanation of precisely what happened back then. He has an incredible writing style that spits in the face of generic fantasy: there is no main character, not even the gods are immune to being killed off at any time, and the books overlap considerably. I don't think I have ever read such a complex and interesting series of fantasy novels...nothing even comes close to this. I may even re-read them from start to finish once I finish the last book, there is so much foreshadowing, and many of the characters are forged by the events that came in the previous books. Although seeing as how its taken me almost a year to read the books from start to finish, I might take a break first. xD

Tropical Sunlight
July 5th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Just finished reading Devil May Care by Sebastian Faulks (as Ian Fleming).
Didn't like it too much.

It's a James Bond crime novel, by da way.

Lance
July 5th, 2011, 08:23 AM
In preparation for the upcoming Harry Potter film, I've gone back to re-read the 7th book, The Deathly Hallows, as well as excerpts from my surviving 4 Potter books. (Books 4,5,6,7)

Anna
July 5th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Just finished I Am What I Am, John Barrowman's second book, put into words by his sister Carole. It's more of a memoir than anything, but it's funny, gossipy, honest, and wonderful. He intended the thing to read as if you were sitting down and taking to him at his house, sharing a drink and some chocolates, and it really does read like that. It's very fun and I could read it again any time.

what is this 3000 postcount nonsense

Ursula
July 5th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I just finished with Jeff Lindsay's Darkly Dreaming Dexter, and am currently starting Dearly Devoted Dexter. I plan on finishing this series soon.
I also just finished an incredible book called Black Out by Lisa Unger. It's easily one of my favorite books now. It really messed with my mind and kept me guessing. Check it out.

Mr Cat Dog
July 6th, 2011, 06:29 AM
A Visit from the Goon Squad was quite good. I can certainly understand why it won the Pulitzer, and even the chapter in the form of a PowerPoint presentation made sense when reading it.

Now I've moved on to its competition for last year's literary prizes: Freedom by Jonathan Franzen. I'm only 10 pages in, and there's already talk of 14-year-olds having sex. Sounds like a good book to me so far!

Asrossk
July 6th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I'm doing a ridiculous metaphorical juggling act between Stephen King's "The Stand" and "Full Dark, No Stars". Alongside those two is the first Discworld book "The Colour Of Magic". The two Stephen King books are great for a horror nut such as myself, and are nicely balanced by some good old humorous Pratchett.

Needless to say, it's a bit crazy.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
July 8th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Juggling between Japanses Schoolgirl Confidential and The Motel in America, two nonfiction books that cover two of my major interests - otaku culture and the US lodging industry.

Gold warehouse
July 9th, 2011, 06:04 AM
I'm reading a collection of all of the short stories by Edgar Allan Poe. Quite varied, but overall it's enjoyable. I started reading simply because of Poe's noted influence on Lovecraft, although I would have to say at this point I still prefer Lovecraft's works overall.

So far my favourites are "Bon-Bon" (loved this one), "Morella", "Berenice" and "The Unparalleled Adventure of One Hans Pfaall".

Esper
July 9th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I finished reading Dark Lord of Derkholm the other day and just picked up the sequel, Year of the Griffin, both by Diana Wynn Jones (who also wrote Howl's Moving Castle which is where I first heard of her). I'm still sad that she died recently and I guess I'm feeling the need to read her other books in her memory, or something. It was a good book and the sequel seems to be as good so far.

Kyoko
July 21st, 2011, 11:40 AM
The Hunt For Red October, I have to read it for my english class this fall along with 7 other books so I wanted to get a head start and at least finish 1 or 2 of them so I can have a little free time during the school year :P I'm excited for the class though: spy fiction.

System!
July 24th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Stephen King's It. I've been trying to finish it, but life kept getting in the way, so I have to keep restarting to remember what's going on. I really want to finish it this time, since the parts I've read are good imo.

The Blastoise
July 26th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I'm currently reading Timeline by Micheal Chricton. I'm not very far in but what I've read so far seems pretty good, but then again I think like that with most works of Chricton.

Guy
July 26th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Currently, I'm reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

I'm on Chapter 9, Page 162. I'm hoping I finish it by Thursday morning (if my plan goes according to schedule that is) so I can move onto the fourth book.

Mr Cat Dog
July 26th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Went out and bought three books today, even though I only wanted one: Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré and A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.

Probs going to read GoT first, as I'd like to get into the TV series eventually, and probably won't read the book if I've already seen the show, to be honest.

Blue Nocturne
July 26th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I've been reading the draft of a novel that my friend Harriet wrote called Supernature. It's about these 6 people who have developed what are essentially superpowers. Though increasingly unlikely "coincidental" events, they are brought together to bring about the end of the world. What I've found quite interesting is that the focus is not on the mutations and more the interaction between the characters.

Each chapter is told from the perspective of a different character to highlight their personalities and their opinions of each other, it makes for quite an interesting web of development, a few chapters near the end are basically the same events told through the eyes of different characters, and the way they describe everything differently from each other was quite funny.

If she gets it published, I'd recommend it!

Esper
July 27th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Started another Diana Wynn Jones book, The Chronicles of Chrestomanci, Vol. 1, which is apparently two books in one. So are Vol. 2 and 3, it seems. I picked up a half dozen of her books recently so I'm not going to have a shortage any time soon.

Daydream
August 12th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I've just started reading a book called A Man Rides Through. It's the second volume of the the Mordant's Need series. It's a fantasy series that was written in the 1980s. I'm enjoying it a lot, although its more adult than I thought it was going to be. I got it and lot of other books when they were clearing out the school library, which made me think it would be more oriented to younger audiences. But it's actually very violent and includes a somewhat detailed mention of... 'Grown up' things. It's probably lucky none of the kids in my school ever did pick it up.

Mariah Carey
August 12th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Gone with The Wind by Margaret Mitchell. Scarlett O'Hara is just an amazing character, incredibly well-written and you can't help but understand her perfectly when she makes the vow of never going hungry again, when she makes the transition from Southern belle who lives just to mess around with her beau to hardened woman who will fight for herself and do anything to survive.
I haven't finished the book yet (about halfway through), but so far it is one of my favorite books of all time.

Kyoko
August 12th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I'm reading two right now: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy which is another book required for my spy fiction class that I want to finish before I start school and The Uknown Story: Mao.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy took me a bit to get into it but I did within the third chapter and now i'm breezing through it. There's a lot to remember, but hey, it happens with a story about espionage dealing with different countries and aliases. As for Mao, it's basically the biography of one of China's leaders and I find it extrememly interesting. Chinese history is an area of history I never quite touched or learned a lot about, so it's a change from what I normally read in terms of history. I like it though.

Eurydice
August 20th, 2011, 09:11 PM
i am reading Dragonsdawn by Anne McCaffrey. its not my favorite book in the dragonriders of pern series it has more sci-fi than i am used to but i dont think she could write a bad book

Gold19
August 23rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
The last book I've read was Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance. It was a good book to read.

Kuromi
August 24th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I am currently in the middle of the third part of Dangerous Angels by Francesca Lia Block. So far, I am really enjoying Witch Baby's character.

minajeh
August 24th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I got some book from the library today called 'If You Knew Then What I Know Now' by some ***** named Ryan Van Meter. It better be good.

Yoshikkko
August 24th, 2011, 07:30 PM
At the moment I'm not reading anything, but I was reading 'Crime and Punishment' by Dostoevsky a while ago, but couldn't find the time to continue it due to school. But since we're going on a holiday the next week, I was thinking about taking it with me so I can continue reading, I absolutely loved it, and English is not my first language so it's also a good practice lol.

The Blastoise
September 8th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I finally finished Timeline last night and have now moved onto Disclosure (also) by Michael Crichton.

Loriania
September 8th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Dragons of Eden by Carl Sagan

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 8th, 2011, 09:06 PM
The Green Mile by Stephen King right now.

Mariah Carey
September 8th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Alien by Alan Dean Foster. He's done very well in his novelization of the film, especially the revelation that Ash is actually an android. Scary stuff, man.

Mr. Downstairs
September 9th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I just picked up The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_Edgar_Sawtelle) from the library, which looked like a good read. After looking it up online and seeing a lot of reader reviews, I'm a little turned off that I got this over the other book I was contemplating on getting. Hopefully my opinion will side with the review of Stephen King published on the back.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 10th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Just finished reading Jodi Picoult's My sister's keeper. It was awesome and sad at the same time ;A; And I'm planning to read another book by Jodi Picoult called Nineteen Minutes :D

Althea
September 11th, 2011, 08:11 AM
At present, I am reading Last of the Wilds, second book in Trudi Canavan's Age of Five trilogy. I quite enjoyed The Black Magician trilogy, so I figured I'd give these a go. The first book in the series was rather good, and whilst I can predict how these are going to end up (I have this horrible habit of predicting novel plots and usually being right...) I'm still enjoying them; Canavan has an excellent writing style that vaguely reminds me of Sanderson.

September 13th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I'm reading a few books right now-- One's a biography about Grace Hopper. I don't know who wrote it or anything, cause I don't have it with me. But it's pretty interesting, and definitely different than other computer history books I've read. Not just because it's a biography of a person, not the industry as a whole; but because I don't know much about that era, as of yet.

I'm also *still!* reading Fire in the Valley by Paul Freiberger and Michael Swaine. Another computer history book, yes. It's pretty in-depth, and as a result is also really heavy. xD It's not my favorite book on the subject, I'm just not feeling it. But I'm going to finish it anyways, see if it gets any better.

Mariah Carey
September 13th, 2011, 09:46 PM
The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran. I like it a lot, it's certainly intriguing. Though I'm only 80 pages in, Moran has done well to keep me interested. The description of the clothes and the goddesses are very well done.

=(^.^)=
September 13th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Eragon by Christopher Paolini. I'm rereading it, actually. It happens to be one of my favorite books :3
I love how he created a unique fantasy story containing that classic taste of magic and dragons and medieval-ness without making it cliche'd at all. The movie does not give the book justice. <3

Cherrim
September 17th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I finished Game of Thrones the other day and I'm currently reading the second book in the series. I liked it well enough but I find it a bit of a chore to read since I'm not really used to high fantasy and medieval-based things usually aren't that interesting to me, but I feel invested enough in the characters now that I feel required to read the rest of the books. :(

I'm trying to read quickly because my roommates are reading the first book and will want our only copy of the second when they're done but I kind of want to pick something else up. I haven't gotten my library card in this city yet but even before that I have "Glow" which I won on GoodReads to read so if they do catch up, I might just take a break from the Song of Fire & Ice series and read some other stuff.

BareBones
September 17th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I'm currently reading Warcraft: War of the Ancients. The archive, but I'm on the final book in that. So I suppose what I'm reading is The Sundering.

It's a good book, I don't believe Richard A. Knaak is the best author, but the stories he writes are still interesting to read. I mostly picked it up to continue to expand my knowledge on the lore of Warcraft, as I roleplay on the MMO World of Warcraft, but I in no way regret picking it up.

Mr. Downstairs
September 19th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I just picked up The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_Edgar_Sawtelle) from the library, which looked like a good read. After looking it up online and seeing a lot of reader reviews, I'm a little turned off that I got this over the other book I was contemplating on getting. Hopefully my opinion will side with the review of Stephen King published on the back.
I couldn't get into it. So I took it back and took out four books. They are:

Shelter Me - Alex McAulay
The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
Hero - Perry Moore
An Abundance of Katherines - John Green

Most excited to read An Abundance of Katherines and Hero the most. Paper Towns was one of my favorite books. Haven't read Green's first novel yet, and his latest one (I forget the name of it) wasn't very good. I didn't make it past chapter 3 without losing interest.

Edit: Ahhh. I went to check out Shelter Me, The Alchemist and Hero and they said I had Looking for Alaska by John Green on hold as well!! So, adding that.

Wansen
October 3rd, 2011, 01:57 AM
A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Two, A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin.
Oh man so far it's really good. Though I havn't read a lot of it yet, I'm enjoying it a whole lot! I love the Starks so much.

Esper
October 3rd, 2011, 07:22 AM
I'm reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I picked it up a few weeks ago and read the first 50 pages and then... stopped. I don't know why. Now I'm starting it over again and it's a pretty good read like everyone who I've talked to who's read it says. Pretty sure it's going to be something I'll recommend to people, too.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
October 10th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Finally finished reading Jodi Picoult's Nineteen minutes. Going to start on another book by Jodi Picoult called 'Handle with Care'

The Blastoise
October 19th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm currently reading the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. I'm on the second book right now and am loving them so far; I would say its one of the funniest things I've ever read.

PlatinumDude
October 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
A Dog's Purpose, by W. Bruce Cameron. My aunt gave this book to me to honor the memory of her dog, who died over the summer.

Jarred0809
October 29th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I'm reading The War Of The Ancients. Even if you aren't a fan of the franchise, it's a great book. Right up there on my top 10 with LOTR and Harry Potter.

Fluorescent Dinosaur
October 30th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I'm currently reading Jurassic Park. You know the one by Michael Chrichton. His writing style is so simple, and concise... I love it. It is so refreshing after reading a bunch of role play posts/books where the author seems to think the determining factor of whether a story is good or not is based entirely in how articulate/long/poetic their descriptions of things are.

MuffinPaula
October 30th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Currently I am reading Rick Riodan's latest book: Son of Neptune and Finally by Wendy Mass

Kyoko
October 31st, 2011, 08:51 PM
I just started reading Norwegian Wood by Murakami. I wanted to get 1Q84 which is his most current book but my bookstore only sold it in hardcover, so i'm waiting until I can get it in paperback. I don't like books that are hardcover :/

This will be my third Murakami book, I've already read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World. Wind-Up Bird is now one of my favorite books ever and Hard-Boiled was alright. It was a quick read but not my favorite. We'll see how Norwegian Wood goes :)

Technically, I'm also reading a book about Sikh militancy for my religion and politics class as well. But I don't like to include school reading too much because it's not what i'm reading for fun D:

Snivy063
November 2nd, 2011, 06:23 AM
Seriously I'm reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I know its all late to be reading this book when the movie has already come out ,but I had set a deadline to finish the book and didn't follow through. So I'm stuck reading it. So far I'm a the chapter where Moody helped Harry in that scene after Harry just came out from his bath.

Avishka
November 3rd, 2011, 12:57 AM
I have just finished reading Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson And The Last Olympian.

Snivy063
November 3rd, 2011, 01:02 AM
I am currently reading the latest chapter of Fairy Tail. Hope it counts here too. :3

Naruto Uzumaki
November 3rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
I'm re-reading the Mortal Instruments series, and currently I'm on City of Bones. Hopefully I'll be getting the new editions and I'll be able read those soon.

Diamond1304
November 3rd, 2011, 06:38 PM
Currently I have 3 books on my reading list(Yes I read books all at the same time, is there a problem?). xD

The first is Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, which was recommended to me by a good friend. The book (in a series, the Fablehaven series) is a bestseller so I say, why not give this a go? I've been an avid fantasy reader since...I started to love books. And my parents have been complaining that I should widen my authors' circle and read books from other writers to learn their different writing style. All the more reason to pick this book up and I'm enjoying it~! :D

The next two are from my favourite mystery author....*drum rolls*..... AGATHA CHRISTIE!!! She is one of the people that inspire me in life, along with Jodi Picoult, and I love all of her novels especially those Miss Marple and Hercules Poirot ones. I'll have them anytime than Sherlock Holmes. xP I'm reading one Hercules Poirot book titled "Murder in the Mews" and the Miss Marple one is "Nemesis". If you like mystery and solving crimes but have yet to find any novel that's interesting and thrilling with suspense, I -strongly- urge you to borrow any book by Agatha Christie. I mean, she's not the Queen of Crime for nothing! XD

Retro Gamer'93
November 3rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Two, A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin.
Oh man so far it's really good. Though I havn't read a lot of it yet, I'm enjoying it a whole lot! I love the Starks so much.

I borrowed the first book from a friend and it was awesome. Trying to find the money to get the next book but right now I'm heading for the next book in the Inheritance cycle so...

Also, I'm currently reading:

-Eldest by Christopher Paolini
-The Prodigal Mage by Karen Miller(I wanted to get the whole set including the first two books but I was only able to get the books after Innocent and Awakened Mage)
-Shadow's Edge by Brent Weeks

Doing a run in Barnes & Nobles next week to get Inheritance and maybe a few others, I swear I salivate whenever I go into that place.

I'm re-reading the Mortal Instruments series, and currently I'm on City of Bones. Hopefully I'll be getting the new editions and I'll be able read those soon.

Are those books any good? I just finished Clockwork Angel in the Infernal Devices Series which is by the same author. My high school library has the books so I've been wanting to know if they're any good.

Mr Cat Dog
November 6th, 2011, 01:34 PM
1Q84 is so hypnotically compelling at the moment. It's about split-narratives and assassins and supernatural stuff happening with the moon and a George Orwell pastiche and it's all so interesting! Currently I'm one-third of the way through - finished the first 'book' out of three - but I'm glad I'm not rushing the reading of this book as I do so often (helloooooo, Game of Thrones), as there's such beauty in the language and the character development. I sort of don't want it to end, in a weird way, which is certainly a good thing to say about it.

MuffinPaula
November 6th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I am currently reading Matched (forgot the author) It's really good so far.. It's about this girl who's getting matched and on the screen her Match is her long friend Xander but then another guy pops up named Ky.

Snivy063
November 9th, 2011, 02:50 AM
I miss Harry Potter. :'o

Finally got my Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban Book after it had been lost for a few months now, it was on my sister's cabinet. Weirddd ~

Exzessiva
November 9th, 2011, 03:03 AM
I miss Harry Potter. :'o

Finally got my Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban Book after it had been lost for a few months now, it was on my sister's cabinet. Weirddd ~
I miss Harry Potter too.. :(

Ever since the final part of the movie released I feel like something epic has ended. But, I have got all the HP books intact in my cupboard and have read each one of them over and over. But I never get bored of them. My favorite part are the fourth and the last (seventh) part.
Oh and I am also reading some mysteries like Sherlock Holmes and Sydney Sheldon. I just finished "Tell Me your Dreams".

Captain Fabio
November 9th, 2011, 03:16 AM
'The Black House' by Peter May.

So far it is a very good book. I love my crime thrillers.

Pixel!
November 13th, 2011, 03:31 AM
I am currently re-reading Marley & Me, until my mom buys me the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy box.
Although I'm not very fond of the emotional kind of books and movies, I really liked Marley & Me, the author showed his love,sorrow and live while not making the book be like that over-sentimental load of paper

The Blastoise
November 24th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I am now reading Life, The Universe, and Everything by Douglas Adams. I absolutely love the Hitchhiker's series and I can't believe that I'm on the third book already.

Shanghai Alice
November 24th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox

Forgot how good this series was, though TTP (like TLC) isn't as funny as the original ones.

And not enough Koboi. She's there, but the book needs more Koboi.

Mariah Carey
November 24th, 2011, 04:19 PM
At the moment, I am reading Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. I suppose I should be more specific, because Les Misérables is a series of novels. At the moment I am in Book One, Fantine, at the very beginning. Although I will come to love the book, it's already a bit tiring so far with Hugo's almost essay-like descriptions of the characters thus far. But god, I am going to love this book when I push through the first few chapters.

technogeekdude10
November 24th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Im reading inheratence in the Eragon seires, the son of poisiodon in the heros of olympus series, and the orb of azelda