PDA

View Full Version : [Weekly Poll] Your Challenging Point [ #15 ]

Kaori
January 9th, 2011, 03:48 PM
...And here goes another Weekly Poll. ;)

In some point(s) of the games, I'm sure quite a few of you have had a challenge between someone. Whether it be something in the plot, getting lost, or a fight between a Gym, trainer or Elite Four member, what did you find difficult to complete?

As for those who have yet to receive the games and/or waiting for the English Release (which has been announced for the US :3), in what point of the game might you think you will have a hard time getting through?

Discuss, discuss, discuss!

Zorua
January 9th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I believe that the Gym leaders won't necessarily be as challenging as the Elite Four would most likely would be. That, and the storyline. Getting around the storyline, from city to city and fulfilling certain requirements to progress and doing this and that...yeah its sorta confusing sometimes. @_@

PsychoJigglypuff
January 9th, 2011, 05:15 PM
The Gym Leaders weren't that challenging, but I had to grind for a while to get my Pokemon ready for the Elite Four, and even more when I was going to fight Geechisu. (Which I guess counts as storyline, but I forgot to vote for it...)

Draci.Kun
January 9th, 2011, 05:16 PM
The battling points really didn't pose a challenge for me...it was the gym "puzzles" that had to be solved to get to the leaders. They were really off the wall. Especially the last gym's. That one gave me a massive headache...

solarowl
January 9th, 2011, 05:31 PM
The gym leaders and E4 weren't that hard because I grinded. XD
I find the storyline the most challenging thing, or sometimes even just tiny sidequests. Mostly because I can't understand Japanese though. >_>

The Red Chain
January 9th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Honestly, I didn't find B&W very difficult at all..
The only part I got actually lost in and had a bit of difficulty figuring out was when I arrived in Sekka City. I beat the gym leader and everything but when I went off to go find what I was supposed to do next I got lost out in the marshy parts.. including that marshy forest area. I thought my next task was somewhere out there.. I spent prolly a day trying to figure it out before looking at a walkthrough. :x

Wow I feel stupid. XDD
But there ya have it! The only real difficulty I had~

Lance
January 9th, 2011, 06:35 PM
The hardest part will be the endless grinding, in order to get your Pokemon's levels high enough to evolve, like Washibon. @__@

Mariah Carey
January 9th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Other, there's no way I'm going to grind and grind and grind to friggin' raise Smugleaf.

Riku
January 9th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I honestly found Geechisu to be hardest. His Pokemon are some of the most annoying to take down I've ever dealt with.

Fushigidane-Chan
January 9th, 2011, 08:58 PM
None, actually... Black and White were fun, but pretty short and easy. The Gym Leaders could've been a bit harder, and the final battle against N and Geesichu (sp?) would've been more challenging if your Pokemon hadn't been healed before both of those fights.

Then again, Pokemon's not really meant to be challenging, so overall I guess the difficulty was pretty fair.

PlatinumDude
January 9th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I'd consider the N and Geechisu matches to be challenging because of the variety of Pokemon they use. Even though Adeku uses 3 Bug Pokemon on his team, I'd say that he'd be challenging because of the sheer power of his Pokemon's moves.

loliwin
January 9th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Getting to certain cities and doing objectives... they were hard in Japanese. :( walkthroughs ftw

Regeneration
January 9th, 2011, 11:43 PM
For the most part of the game, I just had no idea what needed to be done next. This was partly due to me not being able to understand Japanese and the walk though wall code. ^^;

Twiggy
January 10th, 2011, 03:54 AM
This is the first Pokémon game that gave me a lot of challenge. Dare I say, too much? I always find it difficult to catch up, even with the exp compensation.

Let's just say that everything in them gave me a hard time.

Kevin
January 10th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I always had a hard time with gym leaders and Elite Four members. So they most likely will be a problem again for me in Black/White.

Everlark
January 10th, 2011, 12:34 PM
The grinding is annoying, as is the lack of rematches. Makes it harder. I want my Vs. Seeker.

shinyabsol1
January 10th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Yes, the gyms were all easy for me, but like others here I had to grind for a while so that I could beat the Elite 4. This was a painfully boring experience. SilverSmeargleSplatter, I agree with you on the Vs. Seeker. I want it back!

Tropical Sunlight
January 10th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I remember Kamitsure, the Electric-type Gym Leader, was the most difficult for me. At that point, I didn't have many Pokemon to resist Electric (I picked Oshawott as starter). So I grinded in Lost Forest until I could defeat her :)

dragonite149
January 10th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Getting through the Normal Gym is hard. I have to use walkthroughs to get through! Marriland FTW~

Mew~
January 11th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Getting through that Electric cave was kinda annoying if you ask me.

I know some people were having trouble finding how to remove the web in front of it, you only had to defeat the gym leader...

Ardos
January 11th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I think I might have problems with the Elite Four and Team Plasma leader.

Cherrim
January 12th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I think I had the most issues with wild Pokémon or trainers. :( I'd constantly have to go back and heal repeatedly and it'd take FOREVER to get from one city to the next... but iirc, gym leaders were fairly easy, for the most part. o_O

And the Elite 4 gave me trouble at first but I grinded just a tad and came back and I was able to beat them, so they were a bit of a non-issue.

Perrie ✿
January 12th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Bleh <_< E4 gave me the most trouble. >: I had about 10 attempts before finally beating them :( Well a good point was that it was great grinding. ended up with Lv60's by the end \o/

Azure
January 12th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I think it depends on your team, tactics, statistics ect. but I remember when batteling N by the Ferris Wheel, that took several trys to beat him, I just coudn't seem to defeat his Shinpora http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:S6_tUN8jepwCQM: (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://staropramen.pokemonindigo.com/img_library/pokemon_sprites/561.png&imgrefurl=http://www.pokemonindigo.com/pokedex/shinpora.html&usg=__2sc9hsUf9EpfNU_bFnw8jS5E1vM=&h=96&w=96&sz=2&hl=en&start=2&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=S6_tUN8jepwCQM:&tbnh=81&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3DShinpora%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1)

chaos11011
January 12th, 2011, 03:42 PM
All that text, and stuff.

I mean I can read japanese, but I can't translate it to know what it means. I mean, if N didn't say "Kimi" so much, I would've never knew it ment "You"

That and the Quick Sand Holes in the Resort Desert. It took me an hour to figure out I had to walk past it, not run.

Sabrewulf238
January 12th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I voted the trainers, in particular the post game ones...

I haven't played the game yet but I heard they can be completely brutal.

Volcarona
January 14th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I found it hard to level up my team. My only decent Pokemon was my starter, Emboar. So, trainers and leaders were a problem. :(

Haowakeorden
January 14th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Looking at how high-level the Elite Four Pokémon are, I'm going to have to say the Elite Four. Going to have to rely on the new experience formula to be able to level up high enough to take them on.