View Full Version : Ye Olde Hogwarts RPG of Ye Year of 1 (You got anything better?)

December 3rd, 2004, 8:36 PM
This is an invite only (If you get a PM from me or anyone designated to do that you have a choice of joining) version of MaH where it is set in OLD TIMES. Yes old times. This means:
1) First years can join Quidditch
2) Brooms can't go very fast
3) There is no Voldemort, the founding fathers are still there and there is no Dumbledore to save your butt.
4) You can become an Animagus but it will be very hard
5) You actually have to live in Hogsmeade unless you have transport that will work.

Back in ye olde days of Wizarding history stood a castle owned by four people. Salazar Slytherin, Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw and Helga Hufflepuff.
The four made the castle as a school to any witch or wizard who was willing to learn more magic. But there was alot of arguments about the houses.
Salazar Slytherin only wanted full blooded witches and wizards; Godric Gryffindor only wanted brave witches and wizards; Rowena Ravenclaw only wanted smart witches and wizards; and Helga Hufflepuff only wanted nice witches and wizards.
The four argued over who got which ones. They found huge predicaments. Lots of people had two of the characteristics of other houses. This got them fighting. Yet it was Ravenclaw who came up with the idea to make a hat to sort the people into houses. This stopped the fighting. Well, between the Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor anyways. Little did they know, but Slytherin was going around behind their backs. But this got ignored. And now we are up to you...
You are a young witch or wizard who has just turned eleven and you want to go to Hogwarts. It begins on the first of September. Good luck in school...

OTHER (Optional)

And you can have up to TWO characters. TWO.

Dark Espeon
The Adament Dodger
Raichu Master

December 3rd, 2004, 8:48 PM
NAME: Vera Shenes
Eye Color: Grey, with faint brown tinge
Hair Color; length; texture: Dishwater (very dark blonde, but still blonde); three centimeter past shoulder length; straight

Rest of Looks Info: About four foot 3 (I'm terrible at measuring hights, so please correct me if it's like shorter than a computer monitor), has six inch scar of the nape of her neck. Always has her hair down to hide it.

Average, slightly thin build. Light on her feet but has occasionally trips out of clumsiness. Very pale.

Wand: 11 inch Willow, Dragon Heartstring

Likes: Charms, Potions, Herbology and History of Magic, glaring at offenders, and reading.

Dislikes: Transfiguration (she's terrible at it; has to take (Remedial) Transfiguration for the Troubled class, and obvious boys' crushes on her, if any at all (XD).

PERSONALITY: Has a fiery temper when aggravated, usally calm, lax, sarcastic. Fairly nice once you get to know Miss Sarcasm.

HOUSE: Slytherin

Notes: Though in Slytherin, she really isn't like the rest of them, as she is alright with the other Houses, and isn't very interested in cruelty to other Houses, or the Dark Arts.
Has every other making of a Slytherin, though isn't mean. Has even chances of making friends with other Houses. Excells at Potions and Charms. Has no pets, and she is pureblooded.

December 3rd, 2004, 8:53 PM
NAME: Adair Abantiades
DESCRIPTION: Mixes the wilder features of a Celt with the more refined look of ancient Rome, reflecting his parentage. Wears solely wizarding robes.
PERSONALITY: Quicksilver, in a word. He can change from stearn and strict to the world's biggest practical joker. Naturally, this made him hard to place. In the end, though, quite studious and rational, lending him to Ravenclaw.
HOUSE: Ravenclaw
OTHER: Keeps a snow owl (Euripides) as a pet. Is decended from a line of pure-blood Roman wizards. He's a half-blood, though, his father married a Celtic Muggle. Excellent fencer.

December 3rd, 2004, 8:58 PM
Better post mine. Note: I have to characters.

NAME: Brandon Georges

DESCRIPTION: Has short messy brown hair. Really dark brown. Is thin, 1.5 metres in height. Has brown eyes and a necklace is worn that has an amulet on it.

PERSONALITY: Is smart and fairly nice. Makes a quick approach to people to try and make friends. Though he is smart and nice, he is a bit clumbsy. Some Ravenclaw people poke fun.

HOUSE: Ravenclaw

NAME: Merissa Georges

DESCRIPTION: Is George's twin. Has long brown hair with blue eyes. Is thin and is about 1.5 meters high. Like George, Merissa has an amulet necklace.

PERSONALITY: Merissa is the opposite of George. Bad to the bone, co-ordinated and popular. One thing they do share is their smarts. Making Merissa the top girl in Slytherin first grade.

December 3rd, 2004, 9:00 PM
I can't wait to start. This looks like a well constructed RolePlay so far.

Flygon trainer
December 3rd, 2004, 9:13 PM
okay, after getting creator's permission, here's my sign-up:

NAME: Eclipse Luna
DESCRIPTION: Her skin is a pale white, like she's never gotten any sunlight on her skin in her live. her hair is raven black, and flows halfway down her back. Her eyes are red, and she can easily affix somebody with a stare that will send chills down thier back. She ALWAYS wears black wizarding robes, and a black hood when she's outside, obscuring much of her face, if not all. It's obvious she wears black clothes even under her robes. Around her neck, though nobody ever sees it, is a gold necklace with a black diamond hanging from it.
PERSONALITY: She has an icy outward appearence, but she is slow to anger, and is very accepting of others
OTHER: She's actually a vampire, but one that can resist light, just not sunlight. She never kills when she feeds, instead feeding frequently but not taking much blood.

December 4th, 2004, 1:42 AM
We are starting tommorow (Cause Andra wants to be around when it starts). Everyone is in. I hope Karli and a few others join today,

December 4th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Name: Avril Rin Amherst
Description: Avril has pastel cerulean eyes that appear dreamy and, as many have said; her eyes seem to penetrate to others soul. She has gold-ish like waist length hair, only a bit lighter and she is fair skinned. She stands about four foot seven and has slender and petite build. She wears different sorts of clothes.

Personality: Reckless and ecstatic; shes a child who is always brimming with optimism. She can be mischievous at times and audacious. Sometimes too audacious that shed risk her life to save an ant. She is also nave and boyish and is somewhat stubborn.

Wood: A combination of Holly and Ebony.
Length: Ten and one quarters
Core/Enchantment: Unicorn hair that is mixed with an angel hair.

Likes: Fencing; shes an avid fencer. She also likes DADA, playing any sort of games, and befriending manywhom ever they may be. Another thing is trying out anything risky.

Dislikes: Having nothing to do; shes quite an active girl despite being lazy [weird, isnt she? XP], crying, Potions; shes not very good at that class, seeing any of her friends get hurt and hurting others.

House: Gryffindor

Notes: She is awfully fortunate. Every time shed wish for somethingsomething that isnt too bizarreit always, or almost always, seem to happen. She finds it atypical for her to be lucky since she had been said by her great grandmother that a curse had been lifted upon them; she is unaware of what kind of curse, though. And, as s a sign of the said curse lifted upon her, a rather uncanny insignia was printed on her right arm.

She is a mudblood; her grandparents were a wizard and a witch, though. And she has a snowy owl for a pet, named Jin.

Name: Kanone Li Amherst
Description: Kanone has messy brown hair and vivid chocolate brown eyes. Hes about five foot one and has a rather brawny build. His eyes always portray mischief, perfectly matching his persona. He wears a plain cotton shirt and black slacks underneath his robes.

Personality: Arrogant, mulish, and mischievous. He is hotheaded and intolerant. He is overprotective of her little sister and would try to kill anyone who hurts her. Once you get o know him, he can be really benevolent but he almost never show that side to anyone other than his sister. He is really lazy but not as lazy as the other Amherst.

Wood: Yew
Length: Twelve inches.
Core/Enchantment: Ashwinder Ash

Likes: Causing mischief, teasing Avril or anyone else for that matter, Potions and Herbology.

Dislikes: Seeing his little sister hurt or crying, being caught when doing a prank and being called a mudblood.

House: Slytherin

Notes: He excels in combat, using any kind of weapons except bows. He has a black cat, named Haku and he is a mudblood as well. It was said that he inherited his ancestors unique abilites; he is oblivious to what is, though.

December 4th, 2004, 12:04 PM
OOC: I'll start, since we're impatient (meaning Marina and I) now.

But we won't go too far, guys! Just a post or two!
I'm asssuming that this is a little after the four (who are old by now, perhaps) founded the school, though they're still there...

Vera's eyebrows sailed up towards the heavens as her kneeling mother counted off the things in her trunk, which was resting upon the ground.

Irratatedly, she wondered how long the process of having her mother check her trunk would take, and she paced around a few times.

"...Robes... There!" Her mother said cheerfully, slamming down the trunk bearing the leather annitials 'V.S' on the top, whilst saying this to her daughter, who was now pacing around in a offhand way. She stood up, beaming silkily at her daughter.

"Finally, mother. I was wondering when the Earth would stop spinning."
Vera said sulkily, sarcasm jlacing her voice in a obvious sheet.

"Now Vera. Promise me you will do the best. Promise me that you will listen to th-"

"I know. We've gone over this Hogwarts routine dozens of times, Mother."

"Vera. Don't let anyone stand in your way, as well."
Her mother continued droning, as though only a troublesome insect had interupted her preaching, as though nothing had happened. The pale girl sighed- she wondered when her mother would begin to actaully get to the point. Such idleness would surely make her late!

"... And wear your hair up-it's the proper way for a young girl to dress, you know..."
Vera cringed inwardly. And reveal that horrendous scar that she possesed upon the nape of her neck? Most certainly not!

"... I'm sure that you'll get into Slytherin. Only the best! Avoid mudbloods at possible, too. Don't let their filthy kind tarnish you."

What was she? Some sort of a prized china doll? Certainly not!

...Only the best...

December 4th, 2004, 12:14 PM
You are in Marina and I notice Andra is viewing this thread so we can start now! XD
By the way, Brandon's wand is: Holly, four and a half inches, dragon heart string.
Merissa: Ebony, three and a half inches, dragon heart string
Two young kids stood still on the first of September in Hogsmeade, looking up at the giant castle. The dark clouds and lightning bolts striking every twenty seconds were not encouraging.
The two were both scared. One reason was because they had lost their parents a week ago. The other was because they thought they'd be turned away from their friends. Well "friends" who were now not in touch.
One of the two was an eleven year old girl. She had long brown hair with blue eyes. She was thin. As skinny as a rake. She was about the average height of an eleven year old girl. On her neck, she wore a necklace that ad an amulet on it. The amulet was in memory of her mother.
The other child was a boy who looked like the girl. He had short brown hair. Really dark brown. Like the girl, he was thin. He was about the same size as her. He had blue eyes just like the young girl and a necklace just like hers except this amulet was in memory of his father.

"Well..." said the young boy looking at the castle. "Our destiny awaits, Merissa."
"Yes," replied the young girl named Merissa. "Are you ready Brandon?"
The young boy named Brandon, replied with a short and quick answer: "Yes."

The two headed down to the lake that blocked them from the castle. Lots of other kids were trying to get accross too. Merissa spotted two kids trying to swim accross but were eaten by a giant squid. Merissa smirked. The pain of other people was like music to her ears.

"How are we meant to get accross?" Brandon heard a boy ask. Brandon looked around and found a man with black hair. On his robe he bared an emblem (or something) with a lion with red behind it. On it, it said "Gryffindor"
The man obviously heard the boy because he gave an answer that was relevant to the question: "Easy!" he said. "We swim!" Everyone gulped. "Just messing with your chains!" he chortled. "I'll transport you accross with a transport spell!"

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 12:39 PM
I let a small breath escape me as I finally stopped. I had just fed, and even though I was dillusional from the blood in my stomach, i was aware enough to know that the person I had sucked blood from was after me. I managed to run up a wall, and though i didn't know what happened, I could hear swearing. Finally. Everything was packed. Extra clothes, my wand, that was redwood with a powdered dragon's fang inside it, a small python, and a black owl. the python could easily stay hidden in my bag. Finally, I got to my feet, and took off, to what i could only hope would be a santuary..

December 4th, 2004, 12:41 PM
"Goodbye Mother-!" Vera said cooly, as her mother suddenly dissapeared into thin air.

A icy wind blew across her face, and she shivered as she edged toward the vast lake before her.

"Just one thing, Mother," She monotonously whispered out to to the waters, her voice now showing a slight trace of panic.

"How am I supposed to get over there!?" She roared, kicking at some sand in the direction of the opposite bank.
To her displeasure, some of the crowd a few paces over eyed her curiously. She shot a poisionous look at them, that clearly spelled 'Try me, you lot'. A chubby boy whimpered suddenly as a tall, sandy-haired man suddenly strode toward her out of seemingly nowere.

What she noticed was that a green crest was embroidered upon the right side of his robes-

"Child, child. Calm down." He said in a smooth tone, speaking with a slight hiss that perfectly resembled a snake's. Vera glared at him defiantly, too, and he at her.

"Show respect for your elders..." He simply said, then walked up to her, striking her across the right cheek. It left a faint red mark across it's path.

She flinched and slightly raised her palm up to the wounded bodypart, but he coyly smirked, then said;

"... It will take you far." The man empathised the word far, then noticably glared at some other man infront of the dense crowd over his shoulder.

"Here." With a nimble move, he swiped a wand from one of the pockets of his ebony robes, and muttered something, jabbing the tip at the far end of the lake, then at himself, Vera, and the trunk.

Another wind chilled the impatient girl, and suddenly, to her unexpected thrill, she, along with him, was whisked to the other side.

She tripped from the shock, landing on her knees.
Vera quickly stood up, hoping that this stranger had not seen her fall, and cursed him inwardly for making her do so.

Then, realizing that he had aided her in getting across, she looked up to thank him.
But he had already started gliding towards the sillouhette (RPNote: I know, spelled wrong- I think) of a mammoth castle.

Suddenly, in his stride, he turned, and said;

"Remember: Respect. Obedience. Then you will go far."
He turned again, resuming his walk.

Vera stood, gaping at his back, where a larger version of the emerald crest lay, bearing a snake which she hadn't noticed before.

As the hurt cheek stung, she began dragging up her trunk to the castle.

December 4th, 2004, 12:51 PM
OOC: Yeah I think that is spelt right, Andra. And yes, that was kind of the spell I was looking for.

The man came over to Brandon and Merissa.
"I heard about your parents," he said. "But I'm sure that they will live on happily in your memories!"
His comforting made the two orphans feel better. Even Merissa.
"You will be first to go over to the otherside with this group!" he told the two pulling out his wand and pointing it at the castle. He then pointed it at the two children and himself. They then teleported to the otherside. It felt as though tey had been running at the speed of light.
When they got there they found themselves in front of a big door. In the distance, Brandon could see a girl dragging a trunk up to the castle. Brandon ran over to her.
"Do you need any help?" he asked the girl. "By the way my name is Brandon Georges. Up at the castle is my sister, Merissa!"

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 12:54 PM
After what seemed like an eternity of running, I managed to get to a lake, nearly collapsing. I was lucky i had fed right before setting out, or i wouldn't have had the energy. I glansed around, seeing if there would be anyone around.

December 4th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Vera's silver-colored eyes narrowed, stopping a minute to survey the two.
"No, thanks. I'm fine. Thanks for the offer, though. I'm Vera." She said curtly, then went back to shoving the trunk up the hill.

Like she needed help! Pah!

Alright... She did. But she wouldn't admit it to anyone. Accepting help from others was considered a weakness in her family. Weaknesses were forbidden.

December 4th, 2004, 1:02 PM
"Okay," said the young boy following her. "So where are you from? I'm from a house close to the lake in Hogsmeade."

Back at the castle Merissa was listening to Brandon. "Trust him to try and flirt with a girl that's near him and isn't me!" she said smirking.

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 1:02 PM
"it looks like you are in need of assistance" I heard a voice say from behind me. I whirled around, to come face-to-face with a person with almost as pale skin as mine. I backed away slightly, thinking that he met my death, especially when I saw him pull a robe out form under his cloak. with a flick of his wand, it felt like i was pulled from where i had been standing to the other side of the lake. Not really thinking about the castle, it was nothing new, my gaze locked onto several other kids heading into the castle. I followed them, carrying my bags, though they probably didn't weigh much.

December 4th, 2004, 1:07 PM
Vera didn't turn around; she just kept pushing, rolling her eyes as she did.
"Twine Crossing Paths." The girl stated plainly, annoyed by this boy. Who did he think he was? At least the boy's sister was alright.

Pushing a lock of hair back, yet another shrill wind tugged on her body, ticking her hair.
When would she get up to Hogwarts and away from those people? The hike up the jagged rocks and grass seemed endless.

December 4th, 2004, 1:09 PM
Brandon ran back up the hill to her sister.
"I don't think she likes me!" he whispered to her.
"Of course she doesn't!" she replied smirking. "Who would like you?"

December 4th, 2004, 1:16 PM
Vera struggled over a rock. Then another bump.
Why on earth did she have to end up meeting a-a- a flirt?! She hated it when the opposite gender did that. Not like it ever happened to her, though- always to her perfumed rat of a sister, Lina.
Stupid idiot of a girl.
Boys always fawning over the spoiled git of a teenager-

"Spare me." She stated dryly, sarcasm oozing from her voice, as the hill finally smoothed out onto a plain, and twinkling lights from the castle patterned onto the wavy grass.

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 1:18 PM
I trailed after them, watching the arguments. I said nothing, however. A vampire stayed silent until absoloutly nessecary. or, at least, that's what I kept telling myself.

December 4th, 2004, 1:34 PM
"Quit it, brother!" The younger Amherst cried, pushing her big brother away from her. She gave him an aggravated gaze and stuck her tongue at him. Kanone did the same, portraying a mocking facade.

"Now, now, you two. End your bickering and check you possessions, you wouldnt want any of your things left behind, now would you?" Their mother inquired, smiling happily at them.

Both shook their heads and grabbed their portmanteaus and grinned happily. "See you then, mother. And, please, say our farewell to father." Kanone stated gently as he waved goodbye.

"And please send our best wishes to him, too; I cant believe hes feeling poorly today." Avril said, her tone soft and filled with concern.

Her mother nodded, and gave a slight smile. She was obviously worried for her husband and she clearly detested talking about his condition. Upon learning that, Avril felt guilty. "Sorry mother." She whispered in a tone hardly audible. She watched as her mother left, a frown forming on her face.

"My, my, a frown doesn't fit that pretty face of yours." A gentle voice, which came from behind the two, spoke, making Avril jump. Avril meekly nodded, a smile replacing her frown. That's my girl. Are you two ready now, my dears?"

"Yes, we are, Grandmother." Kanone said courteously, smiling warmly at her.

"Off you go then." She said in gleefully. "Goodbye, my treasures. And good luck."

With that said, she gracefully moved her arm whilst chanting an incantation. A second later, the young Amherst gasped, her eyes carefully scanning the area they were in.

"Brother! W-where are we?" Avril cried, clinging into her brothers arms.

"Don't worry, Avril, were near our destination. See that castle over there?" He asked as he pointed to the outline of the fortress. "Thats Hogwarts. Well just hike up that path then were there." He continued, grinning.

"Oh," The word escaped her lips as she gave her brother an apologetic look. "Sorry for troubling you." She then eyed the castle carefully, curiosity filling her in a hasty speed. "And so? What are we waiting for? Let's go!"

Kanone nodded and rushed towards the start of the path they were taking. He grabbed his trunk and started hiking. "Hurry, Avril."

December 4th, 2004, 1:47 PM
Vera scowled as she glanced over her shoulder, she noticed that the pair of whispering siblings, as well as a very whitened pallor-colored girl were still behind her.

She wondered what she deserved to get this toture. Perhaps it was her rebellious nature against almost everything, such as people. The young girl wasn't antisocial, but socially speaking, she wasn't such a butterfly either.

Maybe Mother was wrong about me finding 'friends' at Hogwarts. There probally isn't anyone who understands me around here. Affirmative, as Mother is usually wrong about almost everything...

Staring ahead, she gave her trunk one final heave towards the castle, at the exact moment that, as far as her eyes brought her, the doors had swung upon, though no one was there.

December 4th, 2004, 1:54 PM
The doors flung open by themselves which made Brandon and Merissa jump. There was no one there. The two walked in and a witch suddenly apparated. The witch was old with grey hair (globulously). On her robe, she had a crest with a badger on it in yellow.
"I am Professor Hufflepuff!" she said. "And you I assume, are Brandon and Merissa!"
"How do you know that?" asked Brandon shakiliy.
"Never you mind!" she replied.

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 1:55 PM
I muttered incoherently under my breath as I finally got to the immence castle, that was much bigger than it had seemed. I still wasn't impressed. Nor was I tired. I glansed among the others, my gaze falling onto the young girl, or more correctly, her neck. I'd need to feed in a few nights. she would be the perfect canidate.

December 4th, 2004, 1:59 PM
Seeing that the siblings were already ahead of her, suddenly, she pushed her trunk up into the doorway. The trunk she had been pushing vanished at the touch of the tiles, and Vera couldn't help but gape; she hadn't been expecting that to happen.

Eying her surroundings with doubt, she saw a grey-haired witch standing infront of the two that she had encountered.

Cautiously, she stepped over alongside them, feeling that this witch had something to say about the dissapearance of her luggage! Vera stood there solidly, glaring at the older woman.

December 4th, 2004, 2:36 PM
No offence too any of you,but I dont like these Invite-only RPs.Every once in a while a awesome RP like this comes along and BAM!Invite only.

Disclamier:This is billybobs own opinion,TRADEMARKED AND COPYRIGHTED to billybob's brain.

December 4th, 2004, 5:24 PM
OOC: Well blame your brain. Spamming up random topics like this is rude. We decided it was invite only so it wouldn't get clattered.

December 4th, 2004, 5:32 PM
No offence too any of you,but I dont like these Invite-only RPs.Every once in a while a awesome RP like this comes along and BAM!Invite only.

Disclamier:This is billybobs own opinion,TRADEMARKED AND COPYRIGHTED to billybob's brain.

Sorry to interrupt, but billybob if members want to have invite only RP's they can, if you feel you have a good RP idea then its ok to have RPers who you are familar with to roleplay.

Please continue on with your RP.

December 4th, 2004, 5:41 PM
OOC: No need to be a tad harsh, Batesy. I know what you're saying is the truth but he was simply asking why and it's clear that he only wanted to join.

And, sankyuu, LT, for explain it to him. =]

December 4th, 2004, 5:43 PM
<OOC>Mind filling me in right quick? Driver's ed all day. Ugghh...<OOC>

December 4th, 2004, 5:46 PM
OOC: Everyone's just arrived at the Great Hall. Not much.

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 5:52 PM
OOC: I think all of you just did my job... ah well ^_^

December 4th, 2004, 6:00 PM
I stormed into the stables of the castle, furious at my own lateness. I'd been getting up at five AM daily for the past month I'd been in Hogsmeade, preparing for the school year, and TODAY of all days was the one I decided to sleep in. Nearly hitting myself for my stupidity, I began looking around for a spot it seemed I should go to. It'd been a hard ride today. After handin the reins to a stableworker, I found a door to the inside of the castle and rapidly found the Great Hall.

December 4th, 2004, 6:00 PM
OCC- Oh my, I hope I'm not too late. ^^; Sorry for not replying to your PM's Andra and Josh, I was busy. Well, here I am now...

Name- Ri Tylers

Age- 11

Eyes: Ri has beautiful dark brown eyes, with a tinge of black around them.
Hair: She has brown hair that flows to her waist. It is usually worn down, but she occasionally pulls it back so it does not get in her eyes.
Build: Ri has a very slender build. She is also quite short.

Ri is the kind of person who doesnt care about what other people think about her, or how other people act. She is very gentle, sweet, and forgiving as well; although, she can get mad pretty easily. As an outgoing young girl, you would of course expect her to be hyper quite often. Refering to her house, Ri is also strong, courageous, and optimistic.

House- Gryffindor

Ri is a pure blood, but as a baby she was abandoned by her Slytherin parents and was taken to home with muggles. Thats all Ri really knows about her history, and her family. But she knows that they didnt have a good reputation, and they were terrible..terrible...people.

Pet- Ri has a Eagle Owl named Mika.

I hope this is good enough! ^^;

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 6:08 PM
So. This was the great hall. Reminded me of Dracula's castle. until he was killed by that werewolf, of course. But that wasn't the point. I noticed yet another new person around, and he too, was marked in my mind as a target. Loners were easy prey.

December 4th, 2004, 6:13 PM
OOC: Good enough. n_n

IC: Vera raised her eyebrows for what seemed to be the millionth time that day as a boy stumbled into the hall next them, as well as a few other students.

Figuring that this was what she had to do, she gave on last defiant glare at the storm-haired witch, then raced through the pair of huge, open double doors, not caring whether anyone saw this rash and utterly random act.

Once she arrived within the doors, she heard a few murmers of awe, and a few raised fingers toward the ceiling. The young girl inclined her own head, and for once she let some excitement show through her gray eyes, even though just a glint that showed that she too, like the other onlookers, was enraptured in what she saw.

The ceiling was basically a example of the weather outside- littered with stars (RPer's Note: I assume that it is nighttime right now, at least the late evening), with a thin sliver of a faux moon shining down.

Hurriedly, she tore her eyes away from the ceiling and furrowed her eyebrows: This was not what a future Slytherin (at least, as her mother said- but then again, she was always wrong-) should be doing; she had learned that from her father.

Instead of gazing upward now, she simply stood still, and waited for something-anything- to happen.

December 4th, 2004, 6:17 PM
im sorry.I just though this was a cool RP.Ill leave.

December 4th, 2004, 6:17 PM
"Finally!" Kanone muttered as they had finally arrived at the top.

His eyes was searching for his sister, regretting that he agreed to let her go ahead. He shook his head and pulled his trunk, walking towards the entrance of the castle. The doors were opened and there were students walking in. Since he couldn't find Avril, he went in ahead.

"Boo!" Avril whispered, her breath touching Kanone's neck.

Kanone's eyes widened as he refrained himself from screaming. It took him a while before realizing that it was Avril that had surprised him. His eyes twiched and his knuckles were clenched.

"Avril!" He exclaimed, annoyance hinted in the tone of his voice.

Avril giggled. "Got you, brother."

Kanone rolled his eyes as he grabbed Avril's wrist. "Just hurry, everybody is going inside that door." He stated as he dragged her inside. He didn't even notice that both their luggages were gone.

OOC: Yay! Karli-chan joined! =]

December 4th, 2004, 6:25 PM
Two new people entered the hall. Vera molded her face with ease into one of sheer boredom, and decided that this would be a good time to fake a yawn and lean against a nearby table. Infact, she was starting to bore, and her nerves to flare... If something didn't happen soon, she'd have to wring someone's neck.

Her hands balled into fists and her teeth gritted with impatience. Her eyes gleamed blue in the light, and she looked up at the ceiling, counting.

1... 2... 3... 4... Oh hurry up with it all!

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 6:27 PM
OOC: now if only David could join..

IC: I paced in short circles, not meeting anyone's eyes. I lived alone almost all my life, this was going to be no diffrent. as least I was safe here from the outside world. Then I looked up, at the people around me. Perhaps I wasn't. Vampires were accepted nowhere..

December 4th, 2004, 6:36 PM
I reached over to my left side, grasping for a sword that wasn't there. It was a nervous habit of mine, checking that my blade was clear in the scabbard. Now, I had only my belt knife and wand (13 inches, yew and Dementor bone, a family heriloom) to keep me from harm. Looking back at the doors, I eyed the new arrivals warily, and after a moment's consideration, walked over and said formally "Good evening, friends. Might I inquire as to thy names, fine lady and good sir?"

December 4th, 2004, 6:51 PM
Avrils pale cerulean eyes slightly sparkled; she always loved making new friends. A grin formed on her face, portraying the sweet and ecstatic child she was.

"Good evening, err, sir." Avril started feeling rather uneasy when talking in such a formal way. "My name is Avril, pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Kanone eyed him distrustfully and stood closer to Avril before speaking. "Kanone." He said in a tone rather bitter; it was hardly audible, in fact. "And you are?"

Avril gazed at her brother, curious of his actions. "Brother, be polite." She warned in a whisper.

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 6:55 PM
I wathed them with an un-blinking gaze, before sighing loudly, and moving away from them. I dug into my robe, pulling out a bottle of blood that i was slighly lased with alcohal, that has half drained. I didn't drink much, or often, jsut to drown my current emotion, and I could easily cover it as cherry soda.

December 4th, 2004, 6:56 PM
Formalities, formalities.
Vera rolled her eyes towards the ceiling. Already, people were getting ever-so chummy with one another.

This was the last straw for her. She grew red on the face with frustration, then it pleasantly cooled, and her left fist uncurled, as she began to plot a outburst that'd show those stick-in-the-muds around here that something should be going on. Maybe punching somebody would be nice, as well...

Before deciding on a action, she felt a twinge of quiet envy at the others' easy way of making friends.

December 4th, 2004, 7:07 PM
"Adair, milady, Adair. A pleasure to meet you both." I bowed formally, the moved to beside the girl, and most certainly the more courteous of the pair.

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 7:22 PM
I took a few sips of the blood, and I started to feel less depressed, but i still felt miserable. I was an outsider here too. But there was nothing I could do. I glansed at the rest of the blood, and had an idea. Vampires could be killed by holy water. Perhaps suicide would be better than this..

December 4th, 2004, 7:27 PM
Avril's enchanting smile never left her face, it only broadened. "Adair? What a unique name!" She exclaimed happily, giggling softly.

Kanone kept his eyes at the ceiling. He did not trust that boy as it had always been in his nature to be distrustful. He gritted his teeth and waited impatiently. This was taking too long for him.

December 4th, 2004, 7:33 PM
Vera's eyes suddenly flew downward to the floor. She stared at the marble floor, eying the cracks. What good would it do?

The fist left became unclenched, and she raised her head up, and for some reason, started searching the crowds. Perhaps at least becoming another's acquaintance would be enough.

Grey landed on a girl -infact, the pale one she had seen following her and the siblings- with red.

Maybe... Just maybe...

Inhaling quickly at the prospect of hopefully making her first-ever friend, she walking over to the other girl.

"Hello." She said quietly, hesitant at what to say to a stranger she didn't know, and wanted to know.

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 7:46 PM
I looked over with a start, hastily puttign the bottle back into my robe.. 'oh, hi." I said, trying my best to appear both anti-social, but willing at the same time. My heart was racing at what felt like a million beats a minute, though it was probably a lot less.

December 4th, 2004, 7:49 PM
"Erm." Vera's mind was reeling with ideas as she looked right at the other. What was she to say to this girl? Her name? Oh Merlin, right, her name...

Her face was etched to conceal uncertainty about what to utter- though it worked only partly.
"...I'm Vera."

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 7:52 PM
"nice to meet you Vera. I'm Eclipse." I said, trying to keep calm and not stutter. I did not bother with last names or anything of the sort. I didn't give out much info, ever. This was to be no exception.

December 4th, 2004, 8:06 PM
Vera nodded, not particulary caring whether Eclipse gave out much information. The other girl seemed to be used to being alone, as well...

A moment of silence passed.

Soon, to her horror, Vera thoughtlessly blurted out a random idea that came into her head;

"Are you outside of it all as well? Do they shun you too-"

When realizing what she had just said, she rapidly muttered her apolopy:

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to say that. I'm-" She struggled with the word.
She had never really given a regret to anyone, as she had never had anything to apologize for...

"-Sorry. I'm just alone all the time. I-I didn't mean to insult you. I can leave now, if you wish." Vera turned to leave upon Eclipse's future instruction.

Why did she become so senseless, so thoughtless? How could she ever have that that pathetic try would have made her a friend? Hah! The thought was stupid! Hah!

"Idiotic of me... Won't ever have any..." She mumbled to herself, then prayed that Eclipse hadn't heard that little slip-out.

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 8:15 PM
"it's no insult. To me it isn't. It's mere truth. Yes, I am shunned from the majority of humankind." I said calmly. "If you wish to leave, I will not stop you." I finished, leaning aginst the wall.I just had to keep quiet that I was a vampire.. that wouldn't be to hard... right?

December 4th, 2004, 8:17 PM
"It's Celtic in origin" I replied, smiling myself (for once). I elaborated "My father renamed me after my mother died. Angered the rest of my paternal family to no end."

December 4th, 2004, 8:23 PM
She turned, suprised, and managed to keep her face blank and lax, as it always was. Vera returned to her normal self, though traces of that disbelief still remained.

Had she actually survived that mortifiying encounter? It seemed so, but such a thing... Such a thing she never thought possible. Interacting wasn't near as bad as she thought it'd be.

"Thank you." The girl said normally, and then bore her eyes heavenwards as she added:
"I'm also sorry for sounding so insecure and childish... I'm usually not like that. Though I do have a heated temper." Vera uttered flatly, then scanned the Hall to see if there was any other movement. There was. More students were coming in now.

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 8:28 PM
I nodded, saying with a laugh "everybody has some problems. I have some unique ones of my own." I could feel the alchohal's effects making me dazed, and I could only hope that i didn't say something that I shouldn't..

December 4th, 2004, 8:35 PM
Avril's lips slightly trembled at the word die yet she struggled to keep her smile on. She thought it silly that she, an audicous girl, is afraid of a mere word. She shook her head and and dismissed her thoughts. It was not necessary for her to think of such things.

"I'm awfully sorry about your mother." She said in whisper.

Kanone knew Avril all too well. He was about to act when he saw the way she acted. He forced himself to stay put, though.

December 4th, 2004, 8:36 PM
"I agree with you fully, Eclipse." Vera said casually, all the while shrieking banshee-like inside of her head; 'I can't believe it!'.

For some reason, Eclipse seemed to be in a dazed stupor, but Vera ignored that, as surely the other girl would want it to be passed by.

She was most likely just imagining the daze. Not that she was one for inventing things such as that... No need for that sort of questioning.

December 4th, 2004, 8:43 PM
"It's fine, really" I replied with no sense of what Avaril was feeling aside from the vague sense that it made her uncomfortable. I added by way of explanation "I was too young to have more than a few faint memories of her. What of your lives, my friends?"

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 8:46 PM
I nodded, feeling a familer lurch in my stomach, as my stomach rebled agisnt the alcohal. "'scuse me" I ssaid, trying to get out of the hallway, but i didn't quite make it, ending up spweing red vomit in a consentrated area on the floor. I felt incredibly queasy, and I realised that I had drank more than my body could allow..

December 4th, 2004, 8:52 PM
Avril was about to answer, but Kanone spoke first. "She had an amnesia," He started, his eyes showing no emotions at all. "So she doesn't remember much about her past." He recalled what she did that resulted to her memory loss; just for a small bird.

Avril completely forgotten why she was afraid and grinned cheerfully. "He's right, I don't remember much."

Kanone watched his sister's actions, finding it atypical for her to smile.

December 4th, 2004, 8:52 PM
Alarmed, Vera skidded over on the marble floor to Eclipse, wild ideas racing through her head about Eclipse being terribly ill-

"Eclipse! Eclipse!" The girl cried out -out of character for her, but now- to her newly-made compatriot. She extended a hand to the other girl, not quite minding that her right shoe had some of it's bottom stained with the vomit, having stepped in it by accident.

"Are you alright? No, silly question- COME ON! SOMEBODY!" She roared out to the some of the other first-years, who timidly stepped back from the pair. Her fist clenched in their direction. They started whispering. Probally about her outburst...

December 4th, 2004, 9:04 PM
"Well, so be it" I replied cooly, picking up on the dislike the Kanone bore me. Looking around, I wondered aloud "What next. I know we're to be sorted, but when? and by whom?"

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 9:07 PM
I could hear somebody saying my name, but I was too hazy to tell who. My mind was getting confused, but what was evident was that somebody, or something, had added more alchohal to my drink then I had intended.. somebody was busy out trying to either kill me or just make my life miserable.

December 4th, 2004, 9:08 PM
Vera's eyes narrowed at a nearby chatting three -a girl and two boys-; how could they not pay attention to this sort of thing? She nearly screamed, but restrained her self, and limited herself to only muttering about inconsiderate gits.

"Eclipse... Are you alright? You look faint."

When she didn't answer, Vera could see that Eclipse's eyes seemed to be clouded over. To the 'ews' of her fellow first years, she stepped over into the vomit, and slung her left arm around Eclipse's shoulder to support her.

'Why aren't they doing anything?'

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 9:13 PM
"no.. Somebody slipped some sort of drug into my drink..." I whispered, with hardly any voice at all. But i could feel myself start to slowly recover, I had probably coughed up the excess alcohal, but i definatly needed rest later..

December 4th, 2004, 9:14 PM
Looking over briefly, I say two girls standing in a pool of vomit and blood. Quickly analyzing the situation, I ran through everything I could do and finally decided to help. Jogging over, I put my hand to the back of the girl being supported and asked "Are your humors in order? You look off-balance."

<OOC>G'night, all. I've got to go. I'll be on sporadically at best tomorrow.<OOC>

December 4th, 2004, 9:14 PM
"I'm gues-" Hearing a girl scream, Avril politely excused herself from Adair and her dear and quickly rushed towards where the cry for help originated. She gazed at the ill-looking girl, concern filling her eye.

"Is she alright?" She asked softly. "Do you need any help?"

December 4th, 2004, 9:20 PM
Vera bit her lip, and helped Eclipse over to the nearest wooden bench, and made the other girl sit down firmly but gently, a bit shaken.

She felt a sudden urge to really -truely- if she could, be this girl's friend.

"Alcohal? Who-who would want to do that?" Vera said in a hushed tone to her exausted friend, placing herself down next to Eclipse. Her temper flared at the thought of someone doing that to Eclipse, who she had just met, but felt bonded to somewhat already.

'Whoever it is, they'll be sorry when I get them... Blackmail them... Hit them... Hard...' She growled within the chambers of her mind, and on the outside, wore a grand wreath of a glare for others who were staring.

Then, to another girl who had come over -the one who had been talking with the two boys-, she replied sarcastically;
"What does it look like?".

In a easier tone, she added;
"Yes. Help would be... Appreciated. I think. If Eclipse wishes it.".

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 9:23 PM
"it's okay." I muttered, wiping my mouth with my sleeve without thinking. "I'll be okay. I just hope this is over with quickly so I can get some rest.." I finished, rubbing my forehead. I'd have time to figure out what was going on later.

December 4th, 2004, 9:26 PM
Vera nodded to herself, and took her arm off of Eclipse's shoulder, slightly reasurred about the matter. But only slightly...

'Who would want to... Poision her?... No, idiot, you're being paranoid. Calm down already!'

"Who're you?" She questioned the other girl in a gruff tone, not really caring, but bothering, anyways.

December 4th, 2004, 9:35 PM
"A-Avril." Avril stuttered, her eyes fixed at the floor. She was terribly sorry that she could not help the girl. "If I'm bothering you, I-I can leave." She continued in a soft tone.

Kanone gazed at Adair cautiosly. He had only met him yet he already loathes him. That was always him; quick to judge and overprotective...of Avril at least.

December 4th, 2004, 9:39 PM
Vera could not contain her suprise nor believe what she had just heard. Her grey eyes widened considerably as she contemplated it briefly.

"No, you're not. You can stay." She said normally (as normal as she could get her voice), giving Eclipse a wary glance that clearly said 'Do you mind?'.

She was a bit shocked that someone wanted to help out in anyway. With a slight pause, she gestured to a wooden spot next to her.

'This is new.'

December 4th, 2004, 10:16 PM
OOC: Anyone mind catching me up?

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 10:18 PM
OOC: we're in the great hall, somebody tried to poison Eclipse, she threw up, and everybody's together, for the moment

IC: I shrugged in responce, as I didn't really care. i was just glad vampire systems could quickly reject harmful substances.

December 4th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Brandon was near poor Eclipse who was throwing up. Merissa was a few feet away smirking(RPers note: Like I said, laughs at misfortunes of other people).
"Is she going to be okay?" Brandon asked.

December 4th, 2004, 10:32 PM
"Thank you." Avril said, regaining her usual optimism. She gestured Kanone to come to them, and so he did. He didn't walk over to the girl and asked her if she was alright, instead, he was leaning agaist the wall. Looking slightly worried yet uncaring at the same time.

Flygon trainer
December 4th, 2004, 10:37 PM
"I'm fine. at least, now i am. I'm just not feeling too well." I said, not looking at any of them. Unfortunatly, I had waited what little nutrition i had. I'd have to feed, tonight.

December 5th, 2004, 9:42 AM
Vera stayed silent, her eyes un-blinking except for a flutter every few seconds.

How she wished that she had known who had done that to Eclipse! She, Vera, would make them sorry that they had messed with her! She'd-she'd-

-She was feeling rather over-protective at the moment, wasn't she? The young sarcastic girl was sure that Eclipse wouldn't very much care for that. But still, this was, after all, the first time Vera Shenes had ever had someone to call a friend...

She didn't answer Brandon. What did he want with her, anyways? What did those others want from her? Nothing! Like she mattered- and she deserved it, since Eclipse was the one feeling poorly. Poor Eclipse!

She didn't feel any envy for that. None at all. Eclipse was her new friend. Friends were hard to come by for Vera. Eclipse understood her. Vera was increasingly thankful for that. No envy, none at all.

So she just sat there, silent in the golden, flickering candle-light of the floating wax, storm-gray eyes focused on the two doors.

December 5th, 2004, 9:46 AM
"Are you sure" I persisted, eyes furrowed. "You look quite pale." Just then, a voice boomed throughout the hall, deep, charming, and male. It said "All first-yars report to the High Table immediately for sorting." Looking over, I saw the speaker was a tall, well-built man, balding on top but with long hair flowing down to mid back. He was gressed in green and silver robes. Three others sat near him, obviously the Headmasters and mistresses. I started walking over to the table where they were at, on the far side of the hall.

December 5th, 2004, 9:54 AM
Vera was glad for some change of movement, at last.

Not really centering any attention on the speaker (though she thought it might be possible that it might be the man who helped her get across the river to the other bank.), she trudged over to the table that the man spoke of, paushing dish-water blonde clumps of tresses to create a frame on boths the sides of her face for the moment, so her face would remain opaque, and tossed glares at anyone who even so much as glanced at her.

December 5th, 2004, 10:18 AM
OOC:I'm here!!!!!!
Description:She was a wild girl living in the Forbidden Forest. She has long black hair and green eyes.
Personality:She hates people, loves animals, is very intelligent, and just recently, after living in the forest all her life with only Kree and Filli for company, decided to check out Hogwarts.
Other:She will become a wolf Animagus later, and has two pets, Kree, a crow, and Filli, a rat.

IC: A ragged-looking girl burst through the doors of the Great Hall. Everyone's eyes were on her. They were astonished and confused at her wild appearance. Twigs were tangled in her crazy black hair. Her shoes seemed to be made of bark. She was confused, too. The hall was so strange to her. Kree screeched nervously, and Filli hid in her sleeve. Why had she chosen to come to this weird place? All was quiet, and if someone had dropped a pin right then, it would have echoed throughout the stunned hall.

December 5th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Vera's head went up, and she spun around, but gave no indication that she saw the girl burst in -on the outside- but on her beneath her lax facade came suprise. Who was this one? Did she trample through the woods to get here?...

Never mind.

She turned back to face the speaker with her head bent as it had previously been, but her head was intoxicated with questions about this new girl.

'How did she get here? Were-why-what?!'

December 5th, 2004, 10:36 AM
They were all still gaping at Jasmine, making her feel uneasy. Even the person at the front who had been talking had stopped. She saw a line of students her age and, wanting to blend in, got in it. The speaker resumed talking, acting as if nothing had happened. A few kids were still staring at her, but most had gone back to listening to the speech. She wondered what this was about. Filli gave a tiny sqeak to show how nervous he was. "Don't worry, Filli," said Jasmine in a soothing tone. The little rat relaxed at the sound of her voice and fell asleep on her shoulder.

December 5th, 2004, 11:11 AM
i was told i can join, so, here i am!^^

but, i`ll have to post later, `cause i gotta leave.... pika-mew, you know what my chara is like... could you control her until i get back? (even though i havent pasted the looks `n stuff.... and her name is Saphira Moonstream.)

if you say yes, then thank you!^^'

December 5th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Vera rolled her eyes out of habit- come on, would they just get to the point of sorting them into their Houses? This was taking too long!

Now, upon the subject of becoming permenantly attached to a House came down upon her ago, as she hadn't given that much thought earlier.

She wasn't nervous, just confident that she would get into Slytherin. A
fter all, her mother had told her so- then again, she was always mistaken about all the things she had predicted would happen to her youngest daughter...

But she had a feeling that she would indeed be sorted into the House.
No, not a feeling.

She was positive- after all, all of her family had been in Slytherin. Even her idiot older sister, who had dropped out in the sixth year.
She was sure.

She would not get into Hufflepuff (what a dishonor! Vera wasn't prejuduced, like most of her family, but the thought of getting into Hufflepuff was unbearable... It was supposed to be for people who were too kind, and always very much cheerful- Ugh. She shuddered at the thought of joining the ranks of numerous jubilant people.) or one of the other two.

Such a placement in the Shenes family would be considered a crime, so her relatives said! Slytherin was the only house worthy of their family, said her parents!

'And so Slytherin I will enter! Of course!', she thought, as she waited with the rest, eyes gleaming with anticipation, something that she had never had in the whole of her life. Then and there, Vera decided to push back her hair (and hopefully, no one had noticed the scar while most of her hair was over the frontside of her shoulders), and walk with pride towards Slytherin.

The Shenes girl powdered a bit of pride and confidence onto her mask. For once.

OOC: Also, I forgot: Vera can be:

Very prideful or arrogant at times.

December 5th, 2004, 11:45 AM
OOC:Kay dark_espeon, but you're not really missing much.
IC:Saphira eyed the girl at the end of the line curiously. She was dressed in odd clothes, her shoes were made of some kind of bark, and there were twigs caught in her messy black hair. Snoozing on her shoulder was a rat, while a black bird flew above her. All three of them seemed scared to be in the Great Hall. I didn't see her on the train. Saphira thought to herself. Who was this girl? Where did she come from? Her curiosity got the better of her, and she walked towards the girl, her mind full of questions.

Jasmine looked up at the ceiling. At least that was familiar. Open sky. But she knew that it was really just enchanted to reflect the starry sky outside, for no chill came through the hall, and it wasn't dark. She didn't know much about people, but she knew about magic. Her parents had been a witch and a wizard. That she could remember. And they'd been killed by a man in the forest who used magic on them when Jasmine was just one year old. How she hated that man! She guessed that most people were like him, so she despised other humans ever since. She could remember the fire he had made with his 'wand' (a magical stick), and her parents' screams. And the man laughing..
She pushed the thought away. "It was ten years ago," she told herself. "Forget about it." But she couldn't. Ever since that day, she had lived in the forest, with Kree and Filli. She had found the remains of her mother's 'wand' a year ago, and ever since had been teaching herself magic with it, so that she could one day get revenge on the evil man. She had pulled the ruined stick out of her pocket unknowingly as she thought about it, fingering it. When she realized what she was doing she quickly put it away.

December 5th, 2004, 12:40 PM
I reached the table first, facing the four founders. There were no chair for me. The other male, just as tale and muscular as the other (but far better looking and with more hair) gave me a brief smile before saying "What's your name?" I swiftly replied "Adair Abantiades, sir." The two women shared an amused look. One, dressed in blue and bronze then asked "And what, Adair, is the difference between a curse and a hex?" I answered as best I could, saying "A hex has no lasting enchantment effect, whereas a curse does, sometimes lasting for hours." The four took a few notes. Another question came. Apparently, this was how our Houses were decided, an extensive battery of questions.

December 5th, 2004, 1:00 PM
OOC: No, no, no! This is AFTER they created the Sorting Hat.

December 5th, 2004, 1:28 PM
<OOC>It is? Well, can't we change it, say that comes in next year (I really don't want to edit my post, too lazy)?<OOC>

December 5th, 2004, 2:38 PM
OOC: What about the founders had students either try on the hat or take a quiz/test question (at the time period)? (In other words, have it optional)

December 5th, 2004, 4:45 PM
OOC: What Andra suggests is really reasonable. to me at least. Perhaps we could do that?

IC: "Avril, come." Kanone ordered, grabbing the younger Amherst's wrist. He dragged to her to the table the man had spoken of and pulled her close to him. "Even if we are placed in a different house, as Grandmother had said, always, and I mean always, come to me if you are in any trouble. Understand?" Kanone said softly yet sternly...in a way.

Avril giggled, her pastel cerulean eyes sparkling. "Yes, brother. Always." She answered cheerily. She gazed at the students around her, wondering why some appeared anxious and others confident.

December 5th, 2004, 5:20 PM
OOC: Thank you for that supportive note.

IC: Vera's eyes now strongly shone brilliantly as she realized that it would soon be her turn.

Head held high, she stepped forward a step to the crowded 'round table, with five people ahead of her.

She, for once, felt radiant -like her partying, spoiled, older sister acted all of the time-,though she knew that she wasn't pretty at all with her wavy hair and flint-colored eyes, like her doted-upon, fool of a sister with oh-so-beautiful golden flaxen hair and sea-shaded eyes.

Oh well, like it mattered! For once, she felt alright: Like there was nothing wrong with her, even the fact that she was ignored by most of Britain's population, and by her parents.

She was to be a Slytherin! Slytherins never shrank back from anything!

(Note: You can tell that she's being a bit arrogant and having her ego over-inflated right now! xp)

Still pumped up with self confidence, she suddenly felt a tap on the shoulder, and someone asking her softly; "Could you move up, please?".

Vera whipped around on her heel as the flaming temper she posessed got the better of her, and shot the offender -a plump, red-haired, young witch to-be, right before a azure-eyed girl and a boy- a steel-born glare.

The girl gave her a disbelieving, suprised stare, like she couldn't believe that the girl in front of her was glaring at her for this sort of thing.
She flinched slightly under Vera's own antisocial stare, and attempted a sheepish smile.

With one final chilly stab, Vera turned around, feeling herself smirk on the inside as she became dizzy with confidence once more as she stepped forward lightly.

December 5th, 2004, 5:23 PM
It was exhaustive test as I'd ever been through. At the end, the witch in blue and bronze (Rowena Ravenclaw, I'd found out) stood and said "You'll be in Ravenclaw, Adair, although it was a tough choice. Welcome." she extended her hand for me to shake and I took it as she continued "Unfortunately, we don't have any school dormatories yet, so you'll be staying in Hogsmeade. we should have the dorms done by the end of this year."

December 5th, 2004, 6:18 PM
Once it was her turn, she was suprised to see none other than the man who had helped her standing with three others.

To mask her surprise, she quickly wiped her face as blank as a piece of parchment, whist the adults studied her still, proud posture and lax face.

Then, a man bearing a lion crest bagan to ask her a question, but the green-crested aide -as she would call him for now- interupted what the scarlet-badged man was saying. The two women sitting on the side of them both glanced at each other; the one with a raven on her own crest looking meaningfully at the grey-haired witch that Vera recognized from before.

"What is your name, child? How old are you?" He asked smoothly, giving her a penetrating look that seemed to both reassure, and chill her.

"Vera Shenes, sir. Eleven, sir."

The man that had tried to say something to Vera tried again;

"Now, now, Gryffindor.
"Miss. Shenes. What is the aspect to suceeding in all of your aspirings?" He probed her in the same tone as before, with a slightly pleased look.

"Er," She stammered unsurely, hesitating to answer. Slytherin continued to gaze at her thoughtfully, and the two women whispered together, while eying her. Gryffindor looked at her intently.

What kind of question was this? What was it supposed to mean? What sort of answer was she to provide?

She sifted through her mind, searching for a suitable answer as quickly as she could. The prideful girl had heard this said somewhere... But where was that place and time?

Gryffindor cleared his throat, and the Slytherin House-Master looked at her again, raising a eyebrow, which surely meant 'You should know this.'.

And then it came to her: While they were on the riverbank he stang her across the cheek and said-

"Obedience to your elders. Respect to your elders. This will take you far if you are to reach your aims-sir." Vera replied in as even of a tone as she could to Slytherin.

Gryffindor aimed a look a Slytherin which he simply waved off with a airy gesture of the hand.

Slytherin weakly smiled-more like smirked, she thought- at Gryffindor, who frowned in response to him.

"Good. Now, Ravena, if you will so kindly proceed." Slytherin remarked to the blue-crested woman, who immediately twirled a wand from out of her robe pocket. Vera prepared herself for the next task, as Slytherin looked on.

"Vera Shenes. You are now in Slytherin." Salazar Slytherin stood up, and with a sweeping arm movement, lazily reached out and shook Vera's right hand.

Vera felt compelled to bow. So she did, inclining her head slightly downwards.

"I will do my most excelling, sir."

Flygon trainer
December 5th, 2004, 6:35 PM
When it was my turn, I could easily see the distate in 3 out of four of the headmasters. the only one not showing distate was Slytherin. "I beleive it would be best if you used the sorting hat instead." the one who was referred to as Gryffindor said. I was led by Slytherin to a chair where something covered my eyes, and i could feel a voice whispering into my ear. "well well.. vampiric.. potentially a killer.. yes, without a doubt, you belong to Slytherin. You'll do well there" And thankfully, nobody could see the vampiric smile that crossed my face, that would have revealed my fangs.

December 5th, 2004, 9:18 PM
OOC: Fine, we will have both. But next year it's the Sorting Hat.

Brandon heard his name and went to the four founders.
"Brandon," Gryffindor began. "We know you are very smart. Yet very nice-"
"So?" asked Brandon.
"Don't interrupt me!" said Gryffindor angrily.
"Anyway, we want you to take a test,"
After Brandon had answered the questions and ended up in Ravenclaw, Merissa was called. She looked at Brandon who gave her a thumbs up.
"Merissa," said Gryffindor. "Your brother has gone to Ravenclaw. Now we need you to take a test."
"Okay..." said Merissa a bit scared.
"Question one," began Gryffindor. "If you had an ability what would it be? Super Strength? Ability to fly? Invisibility? Or Transfiguration?"
"Ummm..." she said thinking. "Super strength."
"Interesting," said Alytherin with a grin on his face.
"Question two," continued Gryffindor. "If you had a big wad of money would you spend it, donate it, save it or hide it?"
"Ummm..." Merissa paused again. "Save it!"
Merissa had ended up and Slytherin and had seated herself at the far end of the table, not eager to engage in a conversation.
George was also doing this. He looked up at Merissa with a bit of a saddened look. Merissa looked at him the same.

December 5th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Once five students were finished with the sorting, a woman clad in blue with an emblem of a raven on top of her robe called the older Amherst and led him to a stool. "We have decided that the sorting hat would be used for you." The woman stated, placing the hat atop his head. Kanone nodded as a response and stared at nothing; fear and hope mixed in his eyes.

"Ah, what an uncanny mind." A voice, knowing and severe, abruptly said, making Kanone jump slightly. "Intrepid, witty, and arrogant, my, you would be able to fit in all three houses."

Kanone scowled faintly, hearing what the hat had said about him being arrogant. Yes, it was true, but still! He shook his head and listened intently as the hat continued on speaking. "A mind overflowing with mischief; quite troublesome, aren't you?" The hat continued, making Kanone scowl once more. "Undeniably, you belong in Slytherin!"

A frown suddenly appeared on his face. Slytherin? He sighed; now he was certain that he could not be with his little sister. The man clad in green shook his hand somewhat hesitantly whilst Kanone watched his sister at the corner of his eyes.

Dont worry, brother. I'll keep my promise. The younger Amherst thought, smiling sweetly and knowingly at her brother.

OOC: I'll continue Avril's tomorrow since I have to sleep now. >>;;

December 6th, 2004, 7:46 AM
What was the line for? Apparently it was for sorting students into "houses". Someone was calling names from a list. Oh no. Jasmine thought to herself. She would not be on that list. That would seem suspicious. She would not be allowed to stay, which would not have been a problem for her. In fact, this place just made her scared, and she wished she could go back to the forest. But she thought she should learn this magic that her parents had learned when they had come here. It would be very useful in the forest. And, more importantly, it might help her avenge her parents' deaths if she ever met that man again. So she had to stay. But when they saw that her name wasn't on the list..

The strange girl seemed deeply worried about something. "Hi," said Saphira. "I'm Saphira. Who are you?" She hadn't met anyone on the train, so she thought she could start now. The rat squeaked, and the bird cawed loudly, both perched on the girl's shoulders. The girl shrank back, eyeing her cautiously. "I'm Jasmine," she said, still looking at her with suspicious eyes. "This is Filli, and that's Kree."

Flygon trainer
December 6th, 2004, 9:18 AM
I decided to seat myself near Vera, as I knew she wouldn't hurt me, and i smiled at how many people were being filtered into Slytherin. A dagger gleamed from inside my robe, that I used to be able to drink blood without infecting my target. I would just have to wait..

December 6th, 2004, 4:30 PM
Jasmine was startled to hear her name called. If her name was on the list, maybe she was supposed to be in this place after all. She walked all the way to the front of the line and sat on a stool there like the previous students had. Four people stood by it, each wearing a different colored robe. One was wearing a robe of red, one wearing a robe of green (he seemed strangely) familiar to her), one of blue, and one of yellow. She could feel a hat being placed on her head. Hmm.. said a voice in her head. Interesting... Trying to survive in the forest has given you many priceless traits.. Although curious as to how the voice, which she suddenly realized was the hat, knew that she lived in the forest, Jasmine made no reply. I know everything about you, Jasmine. answered the hat even though Jasmine had not said anything. I can see everything on your mind.. Ah, yes, You have a burning determination for revenge on someone.. You have constantly used your wits to survive in the forest.. And you've needed patience numerous times as well.. But your bravery is what's kept you alive all these years.. Yes, despite loneliness, you never feared the dangers of the forest, never feared death, pain, shadow, anything.... A thoughtful pause. Then, out loud... "GRYFFINDOR!!!"

December 6th, 2004, 4:38 PM
I took a seat at the Ravenclaw table, amongst a crowd of third-years. After a bit of jostling from my elders, I confirmed my spot along the oak bench and began waiting fo whatever was to happen next. I thought that ravenclaw would indeed be a good match for me, but the Gryffindors just seemes so much more...personable. Hopefully they rest of this crowd would warm to me.

December 6th, 2004, 6:00 PM
Vera toke note of Eclipse's smile towards the account of other first-years being sorted into Slytherin, and she took a guess at the smile.

"So many of ... 'Us', right?" The young Slytherin murmered questioningly to her crimson-eyed companion. She herself switched her gaze briefly to the latest sorted into her house (how she loved to think those words! Her house that she belonged to!), which happened to be the boy who she had seen earlier with the sky-windowed girl, and who currently had a strange expression on his face. He seemed to be looked off at another person somewere.

She instantly thought of how much he did not looked as though he belonged in Slytherin, more like in Gryffindor, with his emotional needs (as far as she could tell, anyways.). How did he get sorted into Slytherin? He looked too much like the 'nice' type of person.

Then she was perplexed at how she felt a small twitch of pity for him, but being Vera, she decided it was of course importance, in one case more than any other.

She was much more important than a Slytherin-Gryffindor! Those Gryffindors, as she had noticed so far, proudly displayed their hearts on their sleeves! 'Slytherins are far more superior than them in that single aspect.', she thought, still watching him curiously with a air of silent suprise about her.

Flygon trainer
December 6th, 2004, 7:13 PM
"yes. I must admit, however, that they seem... naive. I personally beleive this would make them ripe for picking." I said, focusing to keep my vampire smile from showing. I glansed up at the snake symbol, and remembered my python. It would have a good time feasting on the rats, frogs, and birds of the other houses..

December 6th, 2004, 7:37 PM
Vera tore her eyes away from the boy, and nodded agreeably to Eclipse, with a thin trace of a smirk on her face.

"I know. I don't see why they were put into here with us, possesing-such pieces of the mind, I tell you! Gryffindor's house is more... suitaible for such a trait. Oh well. Some look compatiable." She said, putting in a word, then glanced at the boy at the corner of her eye, wondering how he could be emotional like that...

"Oh. Another thing, Eclipse," Vera added as an afterthought. Perhaps this would sound emotional, but oh well. Here it went, and Merlin, let her still keep her aquaintance.

"Thank you- For at least talking to me, unlike most of the gits populating this part of this part of the world. Usually, all my life, my idiotic older sister was the one with all the 'friends', if you'd call them, and I was considered the hermit of the family. Most of my relatives ignored me, and as did the rest of the world... Didn't even care when I fell off trying out my sister's broomstick when I was seven, and nearly broke my neck... Good grief, I sound like a idiot myself."

The girl gave out a soft, bitter laugh after she stopped talking. To much to tell was considered rude, she supposed. And telling too much wasn't always that pay-giving.

Flygon trainer
December 6th, 2004, 7:41 PM
I laughed slightly, saying "I can say the same. If you knew who- what I was, you'd be as far away from me as possible." trying to make it sound as though I simply had a really bad history. I wasn't sure if I had suceeded. Look at them. So naive. So pure. Thier blood will be an extra treat. I thought, looking at the other student's jugular veins.

December 6th, 2004, 7:52 PM
Vera lifted an eyebrow- and for some reason, actaully smiled for a second, so fast anyone glancing at her from a distance would have been sure that the smile was never really there, so rare that she smiled.

"No. I feel that you are the only person that understands me throughly. Unlike so many others," Vera continued.

"-I wouldn't care whether you are pure-blood, half-blood, or not. Simple: When you find a... 'friend' you don't care about things like that, I guess... No, I'm not prejuduced, unlike the rest of my family." The witch muttered the last thing darkly as she looked at Eclipse and at the boy out of the corner of her right eye once more.

Alright, maybe she was going much too far. Too much emotion!

Flygon trainer
December 6th, 2004, 7:57 PM
"unfortunatly, at the moment, I can not bring myself to beleive that." I said, finally breaking my gaze from the other first-years, and to the other tables. If only I could get to them. They would be even more delicous then the ones here in Slytherin. Vera was one already tainted by evil. If I was to bite her, it'd be in the most desperate situations.

December 6th, 2004, 8:08 PM
Vera nodded once, and fell silent.

There didn't seemed more left to be said.

All those secrets, all those sayings- she had gone too far. She had probally insulted or appaled Eclipse by the last bit, though she felt friendlier towards someone in the whole of her existence, it didn't seem to get her to fare any better.

That's what she was meant to do all her life- destroy fragile links of bonding and such; just when she had just started to break through to the outside world. The somber girl didn't blame Eclipse if she loathed her already. 'After all,' she thought to herself, 'I'm probally a easy person to hate, I suppose. Those poeple ignoring me at those parties and such in the past... They saw that in me. But I won't moan about this. That is not what Slytherins do.'.

She prevented any more emotions from channelling through her, and kept her mind free of all emotional feelings at the moment, her body free of all pyhisical torment, if any. Vera Shenes stared off into the imatation of the sky upon the ceiling, concentrating on the floating candles' firelight.

Flygon trainer
December 6th, 2004, 8:14 PM
The silence allowed me to clear my mind, to let the memories return to my mind. I remembered that fateful day inside the mansion. I had been a normal girl until then. Until I met Vincent. I had been a fool. Falling in love with what I beleived to be an understanding, loving person. I remembered how weak I was, how I was unable to resist his apologies.. that deep voice.. his promices of love... I rubbed my neck, feeling the bite mark, that was hidden from view by my robes. He had betrayed me and my family.. that one evening.. where I had sworn that I'd do anything for him.. and it was then that he did not bother to dull the pain with a kiss, his fangs had sunk straight into me, nearly killing me... His saliva had mixed with my blood... and now. I was a monster, like him... I shifted my hood so that it obsured my face, to hide the tears resulting from the memory.

December 6th, 2004, 8:25 PM
OOC: Gloomy... Misery... Depth. '-'

Vera let out a string of inaudible sighs to herself, not bothering to move when she saw Eclipse stir. It wasn't her concern anymore. Then again, it never was. Pehaps she was just as bad as some of those other Slytherin first-years.

Oddbert, she didn't care anymore what of what others thought now...!

Vera turned her head towards Eclipse slightly, then snapped it back again, realizing what she was doing. She flinched as her scar sang, and a jolt of quick pain struck her.

From the high table, she could feel Slytherin's eyes resting upon her. Daring to peek at him, she saw that the edge of his mouth was twitching.

Of course.

Lying to herself was the best she could do in these circumstances.

At the moment, proud, hot-tempered, lax Vera did something, a change of prospective for these fleeting minutes:

She hated herself.

December 6th, 2004, 8:39 PM
The older Amherst, face piercing and cold as ice [colder even!], sat down near two girls, his eyes fixed on those being sorted. He hated the fact that he was gloomy, so he planned out his pranks; that always made him happy. A smirk then formed on his face, forgetting everything he was murky about. He quickly averted his gaze on the first years and switched to the girl that was looking at her. He found himself being his arrogant self and smirked at the girl.

"Take a picture; it lasts longer." His said coolly and mockingly. He sneered slightly and faced front, watching the child, her sister, being sorted, though he was really listening to the girls near her.

The childs grin broadened, hearing her name being called. She practically bounced whilst she was walking up to the where the head masters and mistress were. She grinned merrily at them, while a woman with grey hair whom was dressed in yellow and a man dressed in red, bearing a lion emblem, walked towards her.

"Miss Amherst, please answer the subsequent questions." Ordered the man in red. As a response, Avril nodded and awaited the question that will be asked.

"How old are you?" The man inquired simply yet in a polite manner.

"I'm ten, sir." Avril answered, still overflowing with happiness.

"My, arent you young. Nonetheless, you seem capable of" Avril couldnt hear his last words, making her curious, once more. Her head tilted, straining to hear what he was saying but ended up to no avail.

"My dear," Now it was the woman who spoke. "If you were to" Suddenly, the man clad in green stepped forward, a smirk visible on his, and interrupted the woman. What do you think was the purpose for your being? He asked in a cold demeanor; clearly he knew that she would not be in his 'house' as it would be a shame does so.

"I" There was a long pause before she continued on answering. "To help those in need; to save those in distress? That is why I am here; to act as a hero to those who needs one." Avril answered firmly, though slightly unsure.

"You would risk your life for anyone? Die for them?"

Die "Yes, sir. 'Tis better knowing you have helped another."

The man in red quickly stood beside the Amherst and asked questions, as did the two ladies. It took them a while before they had finally made a decision.

"My, my child. Your bravery is quite admirable. Therefore, you belong in Gryffindor."
The man shook Avrils hand and gave her a slight smile. He then pointed her to where she would be seated.

Flygon trainer
December 6th, 2004, 8:42 PM
OOC: not as deep as I had intended though..

IC: Crap. of all people to see me crying, it had to be Vera.. not a great impression.. but now that my mind was open to memories, they came like a river, filling every open space in my mind.. I again lost touch with my surroundings, as i was flung into a nightmare made of my own memories..

Vincent, again... By now, I didn't want him to come.. I swore to myself that today, I wouldn't let him in.. I could hear his pacing upstairs, every step ment it was closer to midnight.. Finally, I heard his voice at the door, "Eclipse? sweetie, I'm sorry. Honestly, I am. I really havn't felt this way about anybody before now. Please, let me in."

I got up, and strided across the room, and had my hand reaching for the doorknob before i stopped, remembering my promice to myself. Again, I heard his voice. "Eclipse, please, I promice. I won't hurt you.I do feel bad about what I did to you"

Finally, I couldn't resist any longer. Despite my misgivings, I opened the door, and without any hesitation, I found myself in Vincent's arms, with his vampiric smile on his face. I tried to shove him away, saying "no.. you promiced.." but it was too late. for what felt like the millionth time, he had his fangs into my neck..

December 6th, 2004, 9:03 PM
OOC: If you're speaking to Vera (well, your character, anyways.)...

IC: "Shut. Up." Vera said through gritted teeth, her left fist clenching underneath the table at the newcomer's arrival. This boy wasn't all that she had expected!

How foolish of her.

And was Eclipse... Crying?

Vera felt a tidalwave hit her, so fast that she couldn't breathe in normal breathes. It consisted of anger (towards this boy who was as arrogant as herself sometimes) and sympathy, unexpectantly, towards Eclipse, which she let show on her face, a bit, as she gave Eclipse a glance.

She hoped that wouldn't offend Eclipse any further.

...If the boy insulted Eclipse, or herself (once more), though... She'd kill him...

She glared at the back of the boy's head, boring a enourmous non-existent hole through it.

Flygon trainer
December 6th, 2004, 9:07 PM
I saw the sympathy, and I quickly put my thoughts aside, as i wiped my tears away, and said "sorry, sorry.. lost control of myself there for a moment." But even as I said that, I could almost feel Vincent's bite into my neck..

December 6th, 2004, 9:08 PM
When the girl had answered Kanone, his smirked only widened. He turned adn faced them, ready to say another insult, when he saw a girl...crying? The expression on his that was once arrogant and bitter became soft. He hated seeing girls cry, so he hastily hid his face from the two. Being part of Slytherin, no one should ever see him being sympathetic to others.

December 6th, 2004, 9:15 PM
She smiled briefly at her; a true smile, and then, missing the turn-around that the boy made, scowled at him briefly.

'Say one word... Just one word... I'll murder you.' Vera beamed thosed words at him through her storm-colored eyes and mind, but of course, he could not hear them.

...And seeing Eclipse cry... It made her want to crash to peices herself. From that statue she had made herself...

...She felt her eyes reddening at the edges- no, no, NO!-, but thankfully, tears didn't seep through. Not since three years ago.

Vera sealed her eyelids, ready to back into under her carefully placed mask of a face. She hoped the pain wasn't too distinguishable on it.

December 6th, 2004, 9:20 PM
"It's not fun hiding how you feel, you know." Kanone said, in a soft tone yet loud enough for the girl to hear.

He didn't bother turning back at the girls and just stared at nothing. He steadied his eyes at the four headmasters and mistresses, examining each one; at least he'd have something to do. And something was better than nothing.

December 6th, 2004, 9:29 PM
"Why should anyone care?" She whispered hardly, tears now welling up in her eyes.
Vera blinked those back. Now they felt like twin volcanoes.

"Besides, from the way everyone looks at me, I've none left... I might as well be a empty vessel, for all anyone cares... I'm devoid of feelings now. Now, survival is... Is..."

... Why should she tell all of this to another stranger, exploiting her weak points?
And yet, she was. Disgraceful! A Venes would never...! Why! Curse herself a million years!

Flygon trainer
December 6th, 2004, 9:32 PM
I had fallen into silence, watching this new conflict. I was slightly amused. Tilting my head slightly, I allowed myself to listen not to voices, but to heartbeat.. the sound of another being's heartbeat was a pleasing sound, and it soothed me quite a bit.

December 6th, 2004, 9:41 PM
"Survival is what?" Kanone asked still in soft tone.

He stiffened; the girlwas the girl crying? He shook his head, dismissing his thoughts simply as his imaginations. One thing he hated more than seeing girls cry was being the cause of it; and he thought he was the one who caused for the girl to cry or get her close to crying at least.

With the back of his head still facing the two, he reached deep into his pocket and pulled out a handkerchief. He threw the handkerchief at the girl, and said "As I've said, its not fun hiding your feelings. No one would, or rather should, care if you cry or not. But if they do, that means they have no life."

A smirk, no a soft smile, was visible on his face.

December 6th, 2004, 9:49 PM
She dabbed a tear, then stopped, and put it down beside him, with a single teardrop on it.

Vera didn't say anything, as a few Hufflepuff across were giggling and pointing at her.

"You don't know me. Friends care. I don't have friends. How can you care about someone if you don't know them?... Everyone does not-Therefore, I do not have a life. Caring won't ever be a thing that I taking part in." She statedly bluntly, as if that solved the matter- and it did, to her, as she concluded the matter.

She stopped the flow of tears, and shot glares at the Hufflepuff students, who still were giggling. They still giggled at her, and she was irratated by that.

Flygon trainer
December 6th, 2004, 9:53 PM
I watched the Hufflepuff members, before letting loose a loud hiss that should only be heard by the Hufflepuff members, and possibly the people near me. Obviously, the Hufflepuff members heard it loud and clear, as they shrank back, shivering. I smiled slightly, again my vampiric smile. If there was one thing I was really good at, it was intimidation.

December 7th, 2004, 7:33 AM
Jasmine heard the students at the table with a red cloth above it clapping for her and knew that these were the 'Gryffindors'. She was going towards that table when Filli made a chattery monkey-like noise (one of his oddly unratly habits) and leaped to the floor. "Filli!" Jasmine hissed. The rat ran in the direction of the table with green cloth above it(after the other sortings, she had guessed that these students were called 'Slytherins'). "What are you doing, Filli?" Jasmine asked. Filli didn't usually disobey Jasmine unless he had a reason for it. But today he was disobeying her. He jumped onto the Slytherin table and monkey-chattered. Kree landed on Jasmine's head, cawing as if to scold Filli. Three people had been in a conversation that obviously had had some personal emotions involved in it. But Jasmine was not listening to the conversation. She was just trying to get Fillli back. Forgetting her bedraggled appearance and her fear of the people and the hall, she asked, "Hey, can I have my rat back, please?" One Slytherin from farther down the table said, "Rat? It sounds more like a monkey!" Several of them s******ed. Jasmine's anger was rising, but she didn't let it show.

Saphira watched the black-haired girl get sorted into Gryffindor. There goes someone I was trying to make friends with. she thought to herself. She was getting bored and a little lonely. The line dragged on..

December 7th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Brandon and Merissa left their tables. They didn't feel like having alot to eat.
"'night Merissa," Brandon mumbled as he passed her.
"See ya, Brandon," Merissa said.

The two headed to their dorms. They had been given maps earliar.
Brandon went straight to bed, not taking notice of the Common Room or the dorm, as did Merissa.

December 7th, 2004, 3:18 PM
Vera wanted to punch him, as only now figured out that he was smirking, and she decided she would. Males were such a ignorant gender, even more arrogant than females like she- that's why she was always annoyed with about oh, each and every once of those hypocrite boys...

... The Hufflepuffs stopped giggling, at last, by a growl from Eclipse, and she was thankful for that, and would've smiled if it wasn't for her re-newed determintion to be as emotionally blank as her father, who never showed any emotions whatsoever.

Not only did she had her carefully measured pride dent a bit, but now she found someone to be bothered by. A cheeky, arrogant boy.
Positively wonderful.

But first, watching the wild-haired girl (who had been dropped into Gryffindor, obviously), seemed to be mildly interesting, as she had nothing better to do- she was bent on not making any more accidently slips or insults (did she?) to Eclipse, and making the boy's life hectic, as well as being her usual, lax, emotionless showing self...

The young Slytherin looked over at the high table out of the edge of her eye, and noted that Slytherin was surveying them, including her, with a pleased smirk on his face....

Instead of watching the sight, however, she stood up, yes downcast and eyes dull.

"Excuse me." She muttered, then quickly gave the boy (she'd have to figure out his name soon!), her 'rival', embowing him sharply before leaving from the room to wait for the other Slytherins outside of the hall.

December 7th, 2004, 4:26 PM
"You want monkey-rat? Come and get him!" said the Slytherin boy with a sneer.
"Not monkey-rat. Filli," she replied in a tone smug enough to match his. "Monkey-rat! Monkey-rat!" he chanted. Many of the others joined in, chanting and laughing. This was the last straw to Jasmine. Her anger at last bubbled to the surface. Humans were as bad as she had assumed. "I won't come and get him! Kree will get you!" she exclaimed. As she said this, Kree dove onto the boy's head, pecking him mercilessly.

December 8th, 2004, 2:08 PM
I only picked at my food, I couldn't eat in such an environment. Before long, I stood up from the bench and strode out of the hall, robes swirling behind me. I was back at the stable before I knew it and riding hard for the small house I occupied in Hogsmeade.

December 8th, 2004, 7:28 PM
OOC: Let us get day one over with, alright?

IC: When they didn't come, Vera rolled her eyes with impatience.
She decided to go to were she would be staying, anyways, as this really was quite inconvenient!

Upon arriving, without hesitation, she un-packed her belongings into her corner of the large room that she was to share with the other first-year Slytherins and changed into a pair of her pyjamas (unfortunately, her mother had packed her least favorite- her yellow silk ones on top of the other ones, with some sort of charm that didn't let her pick different ones until the next day; she supposed).
She then lept onto the bed with a bit of a stumble, and pulled up the emerald-shaded bedcovers to her chest and then lay on her side, facing the doorway into the girls' place.

The witch didn't see the point in waiting for anyone, as she did not have anyone to wait for, but could not at once fall to slumber.

So, with both eyes wide awake, and in her pyjamas, her very thin frame was more visible than under her robes, as well as the slightly more tranquil look now planted upon her face, she looked very innocent and vunerable, and felt like it- not at all like her usual self.

Ah, weakness.

Vera waited, eyes fixed onto the doorway.

However, despite efforts to remain awake, sleep soon over came her, gentle-breathing stirring her chest as she slept in blank dreams, though at times they morphed into nightmares.

December 8th, 2004, 7:37 PM
After stabling my horse, I entered the small house. Two rooms, a living and dining area downstairs, a bedroom and small bookcase in the upper. Pulling my robes off, I mounted the stairs. Tommorow, I'd begin my lessons. I'd bring my blade too, it had been a foolish mistake for me to go unarmed. well, so it went. Lighting a fire in the small fireplace upstairs, I snuggled into my bed.

Flygon trainer
December 8th, 2004, 8:07 PM
Once everything was over with, I was asleep in the dorms, like the rest of them. Okay, no I wasn't. I prowled the dorm rom, my dagger out of it's cloak, until I finally came upon the room of a young girl, that was fast asleep. no one that I knew. so much the better. I moved over to her, and prepared my dagger, not planning to kill her, but cut her at her arm, so I'd still get enough blood.

December 8th, 2004, 9:00 PM
As soon as the girl, whom Kanone considered as his new competitor, his rival, stood up from the table he glared at her. He gritted his teeth and ceased the thought of harming the girl. She would just probably cry and plead him to stop; again a smirk formed on his lips. Just the first day and he already made a rival, how pleasant. He stood up from his seat, not bothering to eat anything and headed outside the Great Hall, where his rival went. He was about to make his way to the room the Slytherin males were supposed to sleep in when someone tapped his shoulders.

Kanone quickly turned and frowned at the sight of the grin on his little sister's face.

"What?" He asked in a defensive tone, glaring at her.

"Brother, who was the girl you were talking to?" Avril asked excitedly, her grin broadening.

"No one! That girl...is my..." He was cut short by the younger Amherst's giggles. "My rival."

"Have you changed the words' meanings again? Have you changed 'rival' into 'girlfriend'?" Avril inquired innocently.

He couldn't help but chuckle at the girl's innocence. "No, Avy, I did not change the words definition. Alright?" Smiling at the other Amherst's response, he patted her head and nodded. "Okay, let's go to sleep now."

He led her to the staircase [assuming it's already there? >>;;], to the room she was going to stay in and bade her goodnight.

Avril nodded. "G'night, brother. And DO NOT call me Avy again." She said giving a slight pout. "Oh, before you go. Here, you left it at the table."

She handed him the handkerchief that the girl had used and grinned. He took the handkerchief from her and crossly stuffed it in his pocket. "Thanks." He said simply before racing to the room he was supposed to sleep in.
Once Kanone arrived, he unpacked all his belongings and changed into his night attire; a long pyjama bottom and a large shirt, and jumped on the bed he guessed was his. His eyes were shut but he could not sleep...there was something troubling him...or perhaps, someone?
Avril's eyes were sparkling yet again, there were so many Gryffindors in the room with her. She grinned at them, her teeth gleaming in the moonlight as she bade goodnight to those who slept near her. She altered into her night attire, a short, light blue silk dress that is five inches above her knees and long shorts. She used a ribbon a her headband, as she was used to sleeping that way.

December 9th, 2004, 3:39 PM
The next morning when Vera woke up, as the earliest riser (but very much out of morning cramps, only), she tried to crawl out of her bed gently, silently, however, she failed in that.
Vera crashed to the marble floor, wincing slightly, and if could, gave herself a marmoreal glare.
Flexible, wasn't she?

The aroused female groaned wanly, and with a "Oh Merlin! Stupid floor...", crawled over to her trunk, and soon into her uniform; on which she noticed the Slytherin crest had appeared on her ebony-shaded robes.

She shrugged it off, though suprised at the time rate that those sort of things occured at Hogwarts.

Later, about half past five, Vera began constucting out a mental plan of what she'd do that day, something she nearly always did in the mornings, whenever her brain felt up to being all too organized.

'Let's see.

First, most importantly, I will be ready for any encounter with my rival. Second, I will find out his name; so that I may add him to my newly begun list of torturing people who I have a enmity, or rivalry with.

Second, I will do my best in all of my classes. Will take notes. Be prepared with insults for rival, or at least sarcastic remarks. Will also be incredibly monotonous...'

These were some of the thoughts Vera had as she brushed her hair into a tidy, loose 'tail, tying it up with a black ribbon, but securely enough that it did not loosen from it's hold, whilst she entered the Common Room, eying the boy's and girls dorm for a split second. Vera made sure that her scar was covered with her ponytail, before breathing deeply.

She turned to a nearby mirror for a second, and glared into it in a scathingly sort of manner, then scowled at herself, lastly smirking.

Perfect. Teeth brushed and glares in check.
Imrovised appearance, excellent.
The girl than walked away from it over to the corner of the room with the armschairs and fireplace.

The Slytherin adjusted the straps of her schoolbag as she sat down reluctantly in a armchair, peeking at her equipment inside. She waitied for someone to come down from upstairs, though not particularily bothering to look.

December 10th, 2004, 6:39 PM
Tossing and turning nonstop, the overprotective, arrogant Amherst groaned. Morning had arrived. He hesitantly sat up, greeting the morning with a scowl; six forty-seven was far too early for him. He rubbed his eyes and hopped off his bed.

With his eyelids half closed, he toddled over to his trunk and grabbed his uniform. He hanged his uniform on his shoulders and searched for a sink in the bathroom. When he found one, he washed his face, brushed his teeth and brushed his hair. He then slipped on his uniform and got ready for his first day at Hogwarts. He grabbed his schoolbag and slapped his face. What? He had to wake up.

Now fully awake and with a smirk creeping on his face, Kanone made his way to the Common Room, stretching. He gazed at the room and frown, that was somewhat mixed with the smirk of his, fell across his face. She was there.
As soon as the sun's rays lightened the girls' dormitories the Gryffindor joyously jumped out off her bed, brimming with optimistm, as always. She opened her window and greeted the birds singing sweetly.

The girl then stretched her arms and rushed to the bathroom, in which she took a quick bath. She slipped on her uniform, wearing her usual outfit under, and grabbed her brush. She braided her hair golden hair and brushed her teeth. Hastily, she grabbed her schoolbag, stuffed her wand in her pocket, and rushed to the Common Room. It was a joyous day, in deed!

December 10th, 2004, 7:18 PM
Vera shifted in her seat suddenly, as something slightly unnerved her. Was someone there?...

Abruptly, the Slytherin slowly sank from up from her seat, and then cooly served on her heel:

She was correct; pain-stakingly:
It was him, her competitor, her rival, her... What else in a name...? Oh, yes. She forgot one word: enemy.

Well, sort of.

"Missed you." Vera smirked at her fellow snake in a tone of utmost sarcasm, her face molding instantly into what she had just recited infront of the looking-glass minutes before.

December 10th, 2004, 7:48 PM
"I know." Kanone answered haughtily and mockingly. The mixed frown/smirk changed once more, this time to a pure smirk.

He winked at her, guffawing, his smirk clearly showing. "Well, see you later." He said in mocking tone. He walked past her and sauntered down to the Great Hall.

Once there, he sat down on the Slytherin table and ate his breakfast happily. His encounter with his little rival made him quite ecstatic.

December 10th, 2004, 7:56 PM
Vera smiled at him sarcastically.
"But of course." She whispered to herself, her little bit of a smirk showing, but then frowned when the boy had exited the Common Room, then grinned lethally.

"I am going to make this year quite hectic for you, my rival. And not in a good way."
The first-year Slytherin snickered, then tore off after him, having a urge to kick him, or something other like that. Give him a good punch, more like.

That was one of the few things she was good at.

The smug-looking girl took a seat not far from her competitor, and whistled innocently (as innocently as she could get, anyways), with a ease-filled, tranquil look plastered upon her face as she stared down at the table, but actually, she was really plotting a series of events upon her rival, and waiting for the next confrontation as she ran a hand through her pony-tail, flattening it out as to cover up unwanted things to be seen.

December 10th, 2004, 8:10 PM
I woke up late again and had to ride my horse at a full gallop to the castle, robes and hair flying wildy behind me. My sword hit my leg at every stride. With the cool temperature and fog of the Scottish morning, it was a most uncomfortable ride. I came into the Great Hall much as I had the night before, breathless and cold. My fellow ravenclaws were staring at my appearance, I heard on mutter "much more suited to Gryffindor." A glare shut her up as I took my seat and healped myself to some oatmeal.

December 10th, 2004, 8:25 PM
The younger, more naive Amherst trotted to the Great Hall, eager to see her brother. Okay, they weren't separated that long, but still. He was her big brother and her day would never be complete, or rather start, without her bugging him or vice versa.

Her eyes searched warily for the figure of the arrogant boy. Ah! The girl thought happily, a mischievous grin forming on her face. Her cerulean eyes glinted at the sight and furtively ambled towards him. She stood quietly behind him and was about to annoy the boy in front of her, when she saw the whistling Slytherin. She thought the girl looked familiar! The girl her brother was rival with was the sarcastic yet kind, to Avril at least, girl who was with an injured girl! [OOC: @@;;] She grinned at her then faced Kanone again.

He poke his ribs and giggled at the sight. Apparently, Kanone was a tad ticklish resulting for him to jump in shock. He turned and faced his sister, glaring once more.

"Avril!" He exclaimed in an annoyed tone.

The younger Amherst continued on giggling, more so when she heard a few Gryffindor and Hufflepuff joining her.

December 10th, 2004, 8:28 PM
I snorted with laughter at the sight, annoying a few of the stearn faces around me, all of whom seemed to be trying to read a complex magic text. I waved a brief "good morning" to Avril, then returned to my breakfast, smirking at the upset I'd caused my housemates.

December 10th, 2004, 8:39 PM
Vera blinked at this golden-haired girl grinning at her, and successfully prevented herself from staring bug-eyed at the next un-folding scenery:

The girl tickled her rival, who in turn, glared at the girl, who erupted into pealing giggles, joined in by several other first-years.

... But simply curious and worth investigating.

Again, she gave herself a restraining order; against half-smiling with a certain air of mischief.

However, this half-hearted attempt did not work, as Vera soon had to cover her lips with her fingers, secreting a thin, shadow of a smile, more of a playful smirk really, but nevertheless below her usual standards of a grin...

... She felt Slytherin's scrutinizing stare upon her and the other Slytherins, along with some others as well, most likely. Vera felt her face melt away into a waxy, blank, dead look as she heard the Slytherin house-master's footsteps stride towards the table.

December 10th, 2004, 9:28 PM
Avril stopped giggling and tried to catch her breath. It wasn't usually that funny when she does that to him alone but when around hundreds, or thousands even, it was too hilarious. She gave Kanone a brief hug, telling him not to be bothered by it and once she let go, she caught Adair waving a 'good morning' at her and she waved back, a grin still plastered on her face.

Meanwhile, Kanone shot a deadly glare to all those who laughed, and fortunately, the all stopped. Fuming, he continued on eating. He sneaked a furtive glance at his rival, glared at her, then continued on eating again. He just needed someone to take his anger out...someone who is not his sister; he knew just who it was.

December 10th, 2004, 9:34 PM
Vera's eyes sailed heavenwards when Salazar Slyhterin glided away again.

Stupid boy. Like it was her fault! She chided him inwardly, giving him a intense glare in returns, then started to eat, though not really in the mood for marmalade or the sort....

...It was time to start plotting once more: She was now determined to upstage her rival sometime during the following hours of the day. And she would punch him in the stomach, too.

OOC: Bed time. n_n; Tomorrow!

December 10th, 2004, 9:36 PM
OOC: 'kay. Nighty-night, Andra. I'm braindead right now, so I'll put an IC post later.

December 10th, 2004, 10:01 PM
OOC: Where are we? Anyone know?

December 10th, 2004, 11:42 PM
OOC: First day of classes; breakfast. That's all you need to know, ne?

December 16th, 2004, 3:57 PM
OOC: [sigh] Once more?! [restores forgotten thread back- hopefully]

Mind, can we please continue sometime?

December 16th, 2004, 4:22 PM
OOC: We were all waiting for you, Andra. XP

IC: Kanone abruptly stood once he finished his meal. He headed outside the Great Hall, waiting for his naive little sister to come out. It was almost time for their first class. He folded his arms, leaning against the wall, and gritted his teeth. What was taking her so long?

As Avril finished her breakfast, she said goodbye to her Gryffindor friends, at Adair, and at her brother's, "rival" happily. She then headed outside and greeted her brother.

"Brother, what's your first class?" Inquired the Gryffindor.

"Transfiguration. You?"

Avril grinned goofily and practically jumped up and down. "The same as you!" She exclaimed happily. "All Gryffindors and Slytherins have the same classes, right?"

Kanone shrugged and waited for another Slytherin to come out, and hopefully help them get to their class.

December 16th, 2004, 5:10 PM

By the way, can my little brother join this RolePlay?

She again, was suprised at this other girl's antics as she glanced at the other girl's back as she left. Stunning...! A Gryffindor...!
Unfortunately, after Vera uncovered that she had Transfiguration next, she ran in none other than her newly-made rival outside of the hall-the blue-eyed Gryffindor accompanying him.

She donned a teasing, cunning smirk and flashed it at her male rival.

"All bloated up with brekfast now, eh?"

December 16th, 2004, 5:35 PM
A smirk quickly appeared on Kanone's face as soon as he heard the girl's voice. He found the girl's presence rather enjoyable instead of annoying, as it once was.

"Yeah," He answered mockingly. "Looks like you are, too."

Avril watched the two, perplexed at their actions. She was quite oblivious that they were being sarcastic. Confusion was written all over her, making her look like a lost child.

"Brother, tell me the truth! Is she your girlfriend or your rival? You're making me confused!" She whined, glancing at her brother then at his rival.

Kanone's eyes twitched. "Girlfriend? Me, her 'beau'?" He forced a sneer, his cheeks slightly pink. "She wishes!"

December 16th, 2004, 6:04 PM
Before she could shoot back a remark about the whole eating comment (she had only eaten a roll slathered with marmalade, after all, and that didn't afect her thin figure a bit, anyways), her grey eyes widened considerably at the very suggestion. Vera was mortified-frightened, even, that someone would think such a thing of her.

Then she remembered the boy's name being called, just as she quickly stated matter-of-factly:

"...Kanone... Amherst, isn't it?... Amherst, I wish? Of course not. Preposterous." The Shenes stepped closer to the pair; right palm now planted on her hip defiantly as she stared at the two with a up-lifted eyebrow.

December 16th, 2004, 6:22 PM
Hearing the girl's comment, Avril laughed uneasily, bowing apologetically.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" Avril cried, rubbing the back of her head. "I just thought that"

"You don't need to apologize, Avy. And never bow to foes. Never." Kanone said, glancing sternly at her.

With arms still folded and smirk still plastered on his face, Kanone faced the girl, glancing at the her smugly. Whilst the two were supposedly fighting, Avril could only stare. There was something about the two that seems interesting to her.

"And I heard you're Vera Shenes. What a nice name." He said sardonically.

December 16th, 2004, 6:32 PM
Vera tossed her hair back (well, rather her ponytail) and opened her mouth to retort the following words to Kanone;

"Oh, but your's is so much more nicer. Lovely ring to it." The female Slytherin snapped cooly, empathizing the 'so' and 'ring' for more effect.

Then, she turned to the gaping girl, whilst taking off her palm of her hip to put it at the nape of her neck, as her wound suddenly twitched.

"And you are his sister... Avril. Gryffindor. Potions, next?" Vera remarked pointedly at her, rubbing her neck while looking at the girl in a if not worse, calmer look than at what she had given the other Amherst.

December 16th, 2004, 7:00 PM
Avril nodded at the girl's--Vera's--comment, faintly shuddering at the mention of Potions. She didn't really know what it was like, but, from her grandmother's stories, it seemed quite frightening.

Kanone rolled his eyes and grabbed the younger Amherst's wrist. "Let's go, Avril. We are going to be tardy." He said firmly, annoyance hinting at the tone of his voice.

December 16th, 2004, 7:07 PM
OOC: Gah! Accidentally put Potions... Sorry. Should I change that? ._.;

"Cute." The girl sneered.

Vera then shifted the strap of her school bag on her shoulder, sniffed imperiously at Kanone, and quickly, at a run, set off for her first class.

The young, arrogant girl wondered what her lesson would be like...

December 16th, 2004, 7:14 PM
OOC: No, it's alright. Just pretend that Potions is after Herbology. XP
And I ish braindead. XD

December 16th, 2004, 7:39 PM
OOC: 'Kay. Xp;

Should a different person (other than the one of the founders) be the Transfiguration proffessor? If so...

Braindead? Here's something to chew on, then...

"Class! Settle down, Mcfitte, or I shall have you thrown out of the class. That I can asure you-no, now don't whimper you silly boy! Look-you're getting the whole of the front of your robes stained! Good grief, I really must take a Calming Drought...
MISS MARLEN, DON'T TOUCH- there's a good girl. Lay the instrument down. NO fiddling, children! Ah well- class, now, I am going to take roll. Aborde, Alice?"

A blotchy-faced Gryffindor said quakingly;

"H-here Proffessor!"

"Eh, Afeheldi, Bullock?"

A rather largely-built Slytherin boy responded gruffily:

"Here Proffessor."

"Afenfeilds, Marilyn-"

This was when Vera burst in through the door, clumsily skidding to a abrupt halt as she felt her peers gazes on her, as well as the proffessor's as well.

She looked at them too, and at the teacher:

a woman with her mousy hair pulled up into a severe, complicated hairstyle that consisted of several loops that formed themselves into the bun in the very middle of the top of her head, wearing grim-looking, faded magenta robes, and glasses which instead of enlarging her eyes (which were blue), made them appear tiny and slit-like, young-aged though the wrinkles on her brow were most prominent, who also was pointing a long, wooden rod at her.

The proffessor glared at the newly-appointed Slytherin, saying:

"I don't know what you think you're doing here tardy, but, you musn't enter here like some sort of blonde elephant, Miss...?"

"Vera. Shenes." She muttered through gritted teeth, a small blush creeping up onto her ears and neck. A random Gryffindor laughed, but however how large her temper could've rosen at that, she ignored it, her eyes fixed on the teacher.

"... Miss. Shenes. Kindly take your seat in that empty chair next to Miss. Falle, will you?"

"Yes, Proffessor." Vera repeated sullenly, then walked over to the directed seat next to a redhead Slytherin. She dropped her bag onto the desk, then sat down, neck and ears still flushed.

"Good. Now, Agoor, Mattens..."

...Vera wondered when her rival and his sibling would get here...

December 16th, 2004, 8:05 PM
The two Amherst sighed. They had been going in circles for minutes! And all of it was because of the older's Amherst sense of directions; he didn't have any.

"Brother,follow me now. We've tried your way for a dozen times already." The younger Amherst suggested, leading his brother to a hallway.

"Let me pick." She closed her eyes and spun, her arm raised, pointing to a certain direction. She spun three times before opening her eyes. "Here, brother!" She exclaimed happily, running to where she assumed their class was held.

OOC: I meant after Transfiguration NOT Herbology. [What's wrong with us? XD] Oh, and, about your brother, I'm postive he would be able to join.

December 17th, 2004, 11:30 AM
OOC: I know. We're crazy. X)

Okay, then...

IC: Vera raised a eyebrow as the seconds ticked by, and drummed her fingertips upon the wood.
She then gave out a faux, loud cough (that earned her a piercing glare from that miserable hag -Proffessor Wimbletee, as she had found out-), and then asked no one in particular cooly (making sure anyone-everyone- heard it from outside and inside the class):

"So, what's happening now that the world has come to a abrupt halt?"

Another sharp look at her way. Drat it all.

December 17th, 2004, 5:46 PM
The two ran as fast as they could to the door the younger Amherst had pointed. The older one did not object to the Gryffindor's choice for he knew that luck was always at her side; he never did understand why she never noticed that.

"Look, brother! I'm right." He heard the Gryffindor, who peeked inside the room, call. "She's here!"

"What are you talking about Avril? Who's there?" Kanone asked, annoyed and confused of what the girl was saying.

Whilst Kanone waited for Avril to answer Professor Wimbletee [Hehe, kawaii name X3] was still taking roll.

"Ames, Klaus [A Series of Unfortunate Events X3]."

"Here." Answered a Gryffindor with messy jet black hair, who was seemingly bored.

"Amherst, Av-"

"It's Vera!" Avril exclaimed happily, answering her brother's question.

The Gryffindor's ecstatic call caught the Professor's attention and she trotted towards them, clearly angry.

The woman cleared her throat and gave the two a piercing gaze. "And why, may I ask, were you two tardy?"

"We got lost." Kanone said coolly, arms folded and a bored looking plastered on his face. He rolled his eyes and gritted his teeth; his day had started off bad, who could blame him for being more impatient?

"Liar!" The Professor snapped, aggravated at the boy's disrespectful manners. "Child, you should have asked for directions. It is that simple."

As Kanone was about to make a remark, Avril stepped in front of him and waved her arms frantically. "No, honest! We did get lost. Brother and I went around in circles; ask the scary moving portraits, they saw us." She said honestly and, as always, naively.

"Fair enough. You two take a seat and make sure not to be tardy again, agreed?"

They nodded.

"Your names are?" She added quickly before both Avril and Kanone sit.

"Kanone Amherst. She's Avril."

Kanone dragged Avril to the seat appointed to them and sat back, feeling bored already.

December 17th, 2004, 6:43 PM
<OOC>Can you tell me where we are? Internet ban.<OOC>

December 17th, 2004, 6:46 PM
OOC: Our chara's are just starting their first class. Gryffindor and Slytherin have Transfiguration together for their first class. That's everything you need to know, ne?

December 17th, 2004, 7:00 PM
OOC: Indeed.
So, what class will Ravenclaw have right now (with Hufflepuff, I presume)?

December 17th, 2004, 7:27 PM
<OOC>DADA, I think.<OOC>

Breakfast was a hurried affair and I quickly found myself in front of the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, tought (in a very showmanlike manner) by Gryffindor. It was a fun enough class, focusing mainly on theory and what he planned to do with the year ahead of us.

December 20th, 2004, 4:13 PM
Vera merely acknowledged them by brief stares; a taunting smirk at Kanone, and a normal, fixed stare look at Avril.

Soon, after the class's attendance was taken, her fear (sarcastically speaking, of course) was confirmed by the following-

"Now children, turn to the fifth page of your Transfiguration textbook. I am assuming that you've already read the first four closely. Closely."

From that point on, starting Transfiguration wasn't very just to the Shenes girl. No lenient at all.

Vera had indeed read the first four pages of the book; but her brain refused to retain any information from those paragraphs when the Proffessor came to her with a question about stanza number three. The bat Wimbletee's face contorted into a slightly satisfied leer, one not unlike the ones Vera herself usually donned.

"Might I suggest that you take Transfiguration For the Troubled in the afternoons?" She asked in a syrupy-sweet tone (which nearly made Vera recoil from the teacher in disgust, but she held herself and stared into those ant-sized eyes) sometime during the middle of the class, while daintly pressing both hands onto the female pupil's desk, cocking her head at Vera whilst doing so.

That was a order, 'suggestion' from Wimbletee or not.
She'd have to take those stupid courses.

Drat it.

As soon as Wimbletee set out for another victim (at least that one faring better than she), she finished copying down her notes from the board, with a huge, angry flourish at the end of them, which resulted in her getting green ink splots all over the parchment, making her handwriting not all too readable.
And her quill snapped soon after whenshe started to recopy her notes.

"Curses on that woman!" She moaned softly to herself, and hoped that her next lesson wouldn't be as faulty as she readied a spare quill.

If not, Merlin forbid any mistakes during the one after her next one.

December 20th, 2004, 5:22 PM
Kanone glared at Vera once both he and Avril got seated. He tapped his finger against his desk, waiting impatiently. Okay, they have only been in class for a good five minutes, but the roll was taking too long and it was boring him.

"Zylan, Philippe?"

With that said, the roll was finished at last. "Finally." Muttered the impatient Slytherin, rolling his eyes.

Just when he thought things were getting duller, the Professor called his rival, asking her a rather easy, for him, question. He glanced at her tauntingly, a smirk slowly forming. Hearing no response from Vera, his smirk widened, sneering quietly.

The Professor continued on babbling about page two, like he anyone listened, anyway. Perhaps a few, but still, almost all the Gryffindors were either half asleep or poking each other.

A good example was his sister, who was slowly falling asleep. He nudged her at the side, glaring. The Gryffindor grinned sheepishly and slapped her face, trying to wake herself up.

December 20th, 2004, 5:39 PM
Vera rolled her eyes as she remembered Kanone's mocking gestures to her that she had recently noted, but didn't turn 'round to give him one of her own, as she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing her fuming...

There. She gave a flourish to the end of her notes as she finally concluded those seemingly endless moments of scratching the advice down, though she thought it rather pointless. After all, it seemed like she was going to fail this subject anyways, so why bother? But then that certain small act of defiance would earn her detention, she reckoned, so she saved it. There would be a better time.

Then at last, Wimbletee announced shrilly that there were twenty (or something like that) minutes left in the class, like that was supposed to be some tragical happening, her miniscule eyes widening to massive proportions.

December 22nd, 2004, 11:48 AM

The Gryffindor grinned slightly as the Professor had dismissed them. If they had stayed longer she surely would be asleep by now. She shook her head, trying to keep herself awake, and headed outside the room, stretching.

"That was boring." She stated as her brother walked beside her.

"Yeah, but if you paid any attention it wouldn't be." He said in a rather cold tone.

The Gryffindor pouted. "But she was babbling too much!"

Kanone shook his head and started making his way to his second class, which again he had with Gryffindors, Potions. It was one of his favorite classes, due to his grandfather's teachings, but apparently, his grandmother thought otherwise and thought Avril the opposite of what he believed.

December 22nd, 2004, 3:16 PM
Vera stampeded out of the classroom, fuming in clear sight, nearly knocking over a vase, albeit of course, being clumsy many a time, this out of sheer rage. Passing by what she thought were Kanone and Avril, she started muttering distinct outrages concerening the Transfiguration Proffessor under her breath, to ease her a bit, whilst scaring a cowardly Hufflepuff or so that was walking past her (or at least making the yellow-crested girl gape).

Why was this? Oh, how evident the answer!

Wimbletee had given her a schedule that listed meeting times for Transfiguration for the Troubled, as well as a thick book especially designed for 'TFT'-with illustrations, when she had flipped through it, like she was some kind of toddler (alright, the wording in the book wasn't as easy, but still) witch-, which now rested in her bag slung over her shoulder. How dare that woman!

Whatever hopes she had of feigning that the event with the teacher never happened, in which the woman commanded her to join the little 'club', and tossing it over her shoulder, had vanished.

Her mutterings increased as she darkly proceeded toward Potions ("That over-rating bat...! Idiotic hag...! Imbecile of a grown witch!"), and occasionally, her mind flitted to the being of Eclipse.

How fared she, after her and Vera's meeting the other day? And that moronic Gryffindor boy (not that she particularily cared)? She wondered this while stopping at times to curse Wimbletee.