PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] B/W Evolutions Discussion

solarowl
January 9th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I made a new one since the old one died quite a while ago. >_>
Link:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=233167 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=233167)
So, this Gen, there has definitely been a lot of changes in evolution. An interesing one was specific trades.
Kaburumohttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/ca/Spr_5b_588.png (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_5b_588.png)traded specifically with Chobomakihttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/90/Spr_5b_616.png (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_5b_616.png)

results in
Kaburumo evolving into Shuburagohttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0d/589.png (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:589.png)
And Chobomaki evolving into Agirudaahttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/43/617.png (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:617.png)

Feebas evolving into Milotic by trading it with a Clean Scale. Which makes it a lot easier for most of us.
Eevee evolves into Glaceon leveling up near an Icy Rock in the Ridge Basement
Eevee evolves into Leafeon leveling up near a Moss Rock in the Yaguruma Forest.
Magneton and Nosepass evolve into Magnezone and Probopass by leveling in the Electric Rock cave instead of Mt. Coronet.

The main thing that caught my attention was higher evolution levels.
For example: Monozu evolving into Jiheddo at level 50 and Jiheddo evolving into Sazandora at level 64. Didn't this seem abnormal to you guys?
Many basic forms of Pokemon this Gen evolve into their next form in their 50s, while in the previous Gens, I believe the latest was level 40.

I actually like having later evolution levels. You can bond more with your Pokemon, and it just feels good to know you've accomplished that. Besides, most people who battle with the pokemon they're leveling want to get it too level 100. It's just the same thing, but evolving later. But if you just want to evolve it for your Pokedex, or just to say " I have a Sazandora!" then it is definitely a big pain.

Anyway, so basically discuss about Pokemon Evolution. Do you like the higher evolution levels and/or other methods of evolution?

Discuss! :D

Zorua
January 9th, 2011, 06:55 PM
It's more effort to get to certain evolutions, but I don't have any specific opinion otherwise? I'll just work on getting the evolutions that I want, and that's all that really matters to me. xD; I learned patience when it comes to evolution the hard way when it came to training Pokemon like Salamence back in Gen III and Dragonite/Tyranitar, as those were definitely the pokemon that were the biggest pain in the neck to evolve.

Didn't this seem abnormal to you guys?

Nothing would ever appear in this general as "abnormal" to me from the last. I just personally see it as something new that has been changed from the last generation and I just adapt to it? xD;

PlatinumDude
January 9th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I like how Milotic is easier to get in Gen V because maxing out its beauty condition was a pain. I don't like higher evolutionary levels because I want my Pokemon to be in their full forms before the Pokemon League.

Hitomoshi into Ranpuura (level 41) is pushing the high evolutionary level concept, but the Monozu (level 50 and 64) and Meraruba (level 59) lines are just too insane for me to comprehend.

Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
January 9th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I'm glad to see that they figured out a way to get our Grass and Ice eeveelutions in Bw instead of trading them like that from DPPt like they did with HgSs (which made me sad to not be able to get Leafeon and Glaceon on there :( ) :)

Mariah Carey
January 9th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I realize is on a completely new continent and all, but honestly, how can Mamanbou not be an evolution of Luvdisc? It's simply too similar. And same with Afro Bull (I forgot it's actual name), it should be an evo of Tauros. ;-;

Fushigidane-Chan
January 9th, 2011, 09:00 PM
One bad thing about so many Pokemon requiring such high levels to evolve is that you can't really use them in the main story unless you grind for a long time. So you can't really experience a lot of the great new Pokemon in the story, which is a shame.

Zorua
January 9th, 2011, 09:16 PM
One bad thing about so many Pokemon requiring such high levels to evolve is that you can't really use them in the main story unless you grind for a long time. So you can't really experience a lot of the great new Pokemon in the story, which is a shame.

Patience is just about almost always required in any RPG game that requires a mass amount of grinding. Pokemon being an obvious example of one of those games. :( And no, I'm not including rare candy leveling here either.

I'm expecting the story to at least be long enough so that your Pokemon would at least be in their 50's or around there, so it's not like it's that much of a big deal anyway.

The Red Chain
January 9th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Patience is just about almost always required in any RPG game that requires a mass amount of grinding. Pokemon being an obvious example of one of those games. :( And no, I'm not including rare candy leveling here either.B&W changed that mass-grinding thing quite drastically.
We have a little mini-Chansey that is as common as a Pidgey : Tabunne. :3
Depending on your and it's level and whether or not you're holding a Lucky Egg you will get about 1-4,000 exp per kill. ^^

With that little Pokemon, I've found that evolution is actually not very difficult to achieve in B&W.
Though the levels for some of the evolutions are pretty ridiculous I really don't mind it thanks to Tabunne. :D

Some of the methods are a little odd though, like the example the OP gave and having to level some Pokemon in summer..
Good thing the seasons change fast, and that Wifi is more common these days. ^^;

Zorua
January 9th, 2011, 09:23 PM
B&W changed that mass-grinding thing quite drastically.
We have a little mini-Chansey that is as common as a Pidgey : Tabunne. :3
Depending on your and it's level and whether or not you're holding a Lucky Egg you will get about 1-4,000 exp per kill. ^^

With that little Pokemon, I've found that Evolution is actually not very difficult to achieve in B&W.
Though the levels for some of the evolutions are pretty ridiculous, and maybe some of the methods are a little eh, but I really don't mind it thanks to Tabunne. :D

I forgot about Tabunne(It's more of a Clefairy than a Chansey to me, now that I look at it). Then again, I didn't cheat and get the game early unlike some people. ):<

And 5,000 exp is enough to jump about....10 or so levels, depending if you're on a low level, and if you're on a high level, well...let's just say B/W made my life easier. :D; At least it won't be such a pain grinding anymore.

Fushigidane-Chan
January 9th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Patience is just about almost always required in any RPG game that requires a mass amount of grinding. Pokemon being an obvious example of one of those games. :( And no, I'm not including rare candy leveling here either.

I'm expecting the story to at least be long enough so that your Pokemon would at least be in their 50's or around there, so it's not like it's that much of a big deal anyway.

Black and White is actually much shorter than one would expect. Your Pokemon won't be much higher than the low-to-mid 40s by the time you reach and defeat the Elite Four.

And a mass amount of grinding isn't fun and should not be necessary. Even with Tabunne.

Forever
January 9th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Just reminding you guys about the hidden away experience points thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=238782), incase discussion heads that way. :)

I'm quite surprised that the evolution levels are that high, but then again, most of the Pokemon that have high evolution levels, except for probably Ononokusu, I won't be using, so yeah :D

Zorua
January 9th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Black and White is actually much shorter than one would expect. Your Pokemon won't be much higher than the low-to-mid 40s by the time you reach and defeat the Elite Four.

And a mass amount of grinding isn't fun and should not be necessary. Even with Tabunne.

Wow, really? Back when I played HGSS, my Pokemon were at least barely touching 50 when I faced the E4, and I think in D/P/P it was around that same level too, though probably higher. xDD

I'm quite surprised that the evolution levels are that high, but then again, most of the Pokemon that have high evolution levels, except for probably Ononokusu, I won't be using, so yeah :D

This is just me, but it's to be expected. More Pokemon, means various evolutionary levels, which means that the highest evolutionary level isn't going to stay 55 for long. :(

Fushigidane-Chan
January 9th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Anywho, one thing I do like is that Janovy evolves at level 36, just like his Fire-type and Water-type equivalents. It gives a better sense at equality, unlike in RBY and DPPt where the middle-stage Grass-type starter evolved earlier than the others...

I also like the method to evolve Chobomaki and Kaburumo. Very creative imo.

The Red Chain
January 9th, 2011, 09:53 PM
This is just me, but it's to be expected. More Pokemon, means various evolutionary levels, which means that the highest evolutionary level isn't going to stay 55 for long. :(

Yeah, 55 as the highest evolutionary level was beaten already.
Now the highest evolutionary level is 64. Sazandora's pre-evolution evolves at that level.
Crazyyy, I never expected it to hit 60.. ever. O_o

Zorua
January 9th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Now the highest evolutionary level is 64. Sazandora's pre-evolution evolves at that level.

I'm awaiting the day something would actually evolve at level 100. That would be more mind-blowing than anything else.

solarowl
January 9th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I'm awaiting the day something would actually evolve at level 100. That would be more mind-blowing than anything else.
That would have to be one epic pokemon then.

January 10th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Wow, really? Back when I played HGSS, my Pokemon were at least barely touching 50 when I faced the E4, and I think in D/P/P it was around that same level too, though probably higher. xDD

This is just me, but it's to be expected. More Pokemon, means various evolutionary levels, which means that the highest evolutionary level isn't going to stay 55 for long. :(The ironic thing is that this gen has as many pokemon as the gen that gave us the highest (Dragonite in gen 1!)
I will have some hard work evolving the Unova pokemon and even more filling up the BW National dex...

solarowl
January 10th, 2011, 04:35 PM

Yeah that was a bit high for me at first. I didn't think they would exceed level 55.

Zorua
January 10th, 2011, 04:45 PM
That would have to be one epic pokemon then.

A really powerful psuedo-legendary would do. :D;

I will have some hard work evolving the Unova pokemon and even more filling up the BW National dex...

I was never the person to complete the Pokedex, because I'm too lazy and it'll be too much for me at this point. xD;

January 10th, 2011, 04:55 PM
A really powerful psuedo-legendary would do. :D;

I was never the person to complete the Pokedex, because I'm too lazy and it'll be too much for me at this point. xD;
Or the first legendary that can evolve...
I always try to but never seem to make it...

Zorua
January 10th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Or the first legendary that can evolve...
I always try to but never seem to make it...

You know, I actually agree with you on certain points. There should at least be one legendary that could evolve, and if anything, it would have to evolve at a pretty high levels. Legendaries are known for having really high strength, but make this one specific legendary have like, borderline stats or something. Pretty much average, for the most part. And then make it's evolved form even stronger to at least balance everything out, that way the Pokemon won't become too strong, but not weak, either. xD

I want something along the lines of a Sazandora-ish legendary, a snake that evolves into a flying hydra or something. Everytime I look at Sazandora, I always take note of how epic it looks and how it just had to be a legendary, but it isn't. :(

January 10th, 2011, 05:02 PM
You know, I actually agree with you on certain points. There should at least be one legendary that could evolve, and if anything, it would have to evolve at a pretty high levels. Legendaries are known for having really high strength, but make this one specific legendary have like, borderline stats or something. Pretty much average, for the most part. And then make it's evolved form even stronger to at least balance everything out, that way the Pokemon won't become too strong, but not weak, either. xD

I want something along the lines of a Sazandora-ish legendary, a snake that evolves into a flying hydra or something. Everytime I look at Sazandora, I always take note of how epic it looks and how it just had to be a legendary, but it isn't. :(
Speaking of Sazandora too bad it evolves at such a high level :(
Though it is a Pseudo legendary (explains it having the highest evolution level out of all BW pokemon (and all pokemon...) ) :)

Zorua
January 10th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Speaking of Sazandora too bad it evolves at such a high level :(
Though it is a Pseudo legendary (explains it having the highest evolution level out of all BW pokemon (and all pokemon...) ) :)

I'm not too worried at all about it's high evolution. Like The Red Chain said, it's not too much of a big deal grinding in B/W as compared to previous versions/generations, so it'll be a lot easier this time around.

The Red Chain
January 10th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I'll give my thoughts on the evolving legendary.
I don't think an evolving legendary would really be an appropriate thing since legendaries are supposed to be above all other Pokemon because they are "complete beings". With that I'd think that means that their power cannot be exceeded and they are.. well, complete. They have no evolutions because they are already at their highest potential and very ~godly~.

I honestly like sticking with forms for legendaries.. it just makes more sense than evolution would, in my opinion.
They change drastically just like evolution, but they are still the same Pokemon. :3

Zorua
January 10th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I'll give my thoughts on the evolving legendary.
I don't think an evolving legendary would really be an appropriate thing since legendaries are supposed to be above all other Pokemon because they are "complete beings". With that I'd think that means that their power cannot be exceeded and they are.. well, complete. They have no evolutions because they are already at their highest potential and very ~godly~.

I honestly like sticking with forms for legendaries.. it just makes more sense than evolution would, in my opinion.
They change drastically just like evolution, but they are still the same Pokemon. :3

I would agree with you on that point, but what about a legendary that has not quite reached it's "full potential" or "godliest" point as of yet, and needs to evolve in order to do so? I have proposed before that something could be made that isn't too strong, yet isn't weak either, just to balance things out.

The Red Chain
January 10th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I would agree with you on that point, but what about a legendary that has not quite reached it's "full potential" or "godliest" point as of yet, and needs to evolve in order to do so? I have proposed before that something could be made that isn't too strong, yet isn't weak either, just to balance things out.

But don't you think that would ruin the purpose of the word legendary?
I mean look at the small legendaries.. they look weak and lacking in potential.. like they need to evolve. But in fact they are just little boxes of dynamite waiting to blow up and totally destroy you. I love that kind of thing with legendaries, and I think it would be a little bit ruined if an evolving legendary came up..

That's just my opinion, but I just really don't like the idea. XD;

Zorua
January 10th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I mean look at the small legendaries.. they look weak and lacking in potential.. like they need to evolve. But in fact they are just little boxes of dynamite waiting to blow up and totally destroy you. I love that kind of thing with legendaries, and I think it would be a little bit ruined if an evolving legendary came up..

Manaphy, Shaymin, Mew...if you're referring to those legendaries, then I can definitely see what you're saying, and they're destructive enough on their own. To me, the word "legendary" just means "exclusive" and "rare" rather than anything having to do with it's actual power. I mean, would at least one evolving legendary ruin anything? ._. I don't think it would be that bad, to be honest, depending on the concept, if it's okay or not...

solarowl
January 11th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Well, actually I think there should eventually be a legendary that evolves, but I do agree that "small" legendary pokemon are very powerful. Mew, Shaymin, they're all great pokemon and I'm hoping one day they will decide to make one evolve.

Sariix
January 11th, 2011, 05:59 PM
The idea of an evolving legendary is actually sound. I mean, the idea of a legendary has already been horribly watered down with each passing game Nintendo pushes out, how is it legendary is everyone has one? But to complete a certain series of events that seem tedious and impossible to do without a guild just to make the legendary appear, and to make it go further by doing even more to unlock a evolution would be pretty darn cool.

Sheesh, I’d love to make MewTwo (still the most powerful pokemon in the world in my opinion) able to channel his “limitless” power enough to even control his own evolution to a higher, more refined form.

That... And to have him wear his armor... Stuff looked awesome!

Zorua
January 11th, 2011, 06:12 PM
The idea of an evolving legendary is actually sound. I mean, the idea of a legendary has already been horribly watered down with each passing game Nintendo pushes out, how is it legendary is everyone has one? But to complete a certain series of events that seem tedious and impossible to do without a guild just to make the legendary appear, and to make it go further by doing even more to unlock a evolution would be pretty darn cool.

Sheesh, I’d love to make MewTwo (still the most powerful pokemon in the world in my opinion) able to channel his “limitless” power enough to even control his own evolution to a higher, more refined form.

That... And to have him wear his armor... Stuff looked awesome!

But I don't want Nintendo to make a habit of making evolving legendaries and further ruining the meaning behind "legendary". I mean, for me, it hasn't been ruined yet, I haven't really been paying attention to the amount of legendaries and nor does it necessarily bother me much, but if only one evolving legendary could be made, and if it was exclusive and hard to get and stuff, then that would be enough for me.

Sariix
January 11th, 2011, 06:21 PM
But I don't want Nintendo to make a habit of making evolving legendaries and further ruining the meaning behind "legendary". I mean, for me, it hasn't been ruined yet, I haven't really been paying attention to the amount of legendaries and nor does it necessarily bother me much, but if only one evolving legendary could be made, and if it was exclusive and hard to get and stuff, then that would be enough for me.

I could be cool with that, but it would have to be stupidly hard to get if I was to be happy :P I mean, a legendary is a legendary, one of a kind... If everyone has one, then it looses the rarity. I never cared for how the pokemon were always in a set location.

Look at the legendary cats of Jhoto, they were stupidly hard to catch because you couldn’t track them down... That’s how it should be I think, save for harder to set off them roaming around the world, hidden. I’d be overjoyed with that.

solarowl
January 13th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I guess one evolving legendary would be fine. But if they make it a habit it wouldn't be as interested in each one.

GlitchCity
January 14th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Soooo many Evolution add-ons. Actually Im quite disappointed with the Monozu family.
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h334/yourlilemogirl/Pokemon%20I%20like%20from%20Black%20and%20White/633.gif
Level freaking 64! 64 YO!!!! Sixty penguins flipper four!!! If Im not mistaken, this is the first pokemon that takes so long to get to its final stage. Well that proves it. Dragon Pokemon are not meant for patient people lol.

64, seriously Game Freak? Seesh! I think Generation 5 proved to be the most challenging so far.

Hydreigon
January 14th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Soooo many Evolution add-ons. Actually Im quite disappointed with the Monozu family.

Level freaking 64! 64 YO!!!! Sixty penguins flipper four!!! If Im not mistaken, this is the first pokemon that takes so long to get to its final stage. Well that proves it. Dragon Pokemon are not meant for patient people lol.

64, seriously Game Freak? Seesh! I think Generation 5 proved to be the most challenging so far.

What's to be disappointed over? It's one of the most powerful Pokemon of all time, it's not like you can just catch a Monozu and BAM instant killing machine. The higher evolution levels balance out the insane stats on a lot of these Unova Pokemon. But it's worth it in the long run.

インフェルノの津波
January 14th, 2011, 08:08 PM
But by the time you get it the Storyline is nearly over, which kind of...Sucks. Unless you grind grind grind, you probably won't have a Sazando until after you beat N.

Haxorus
January 14th, 2011, 08:12 PM

If you dissaprove of grinding Monozu's line so much, there's an easier
alternative in the Axew line. The quality of our attack stat and movepool is
on par with that of the pseudo-legendary pokemon, we just don't need to be trained as much before we become sweeping machines. I'm just as useful, if not more useful
than Hydreigon.
/rivalry

Vader
January 14th, 2011, 09:20 PM
If you dissaprove of grinding Monozu's line so much, there's an easier
alternative in the Axew line. The quality of our attack stat and movepool is
on par with that of the pseudo-legendary pokemon, we just don't need to be trained as much before we become sweeping machines. I'm just as useful, if not more useful
than Hydreigon.
/rivalry

Hydreigon outspeeds (by a point) and OHKO's with Draco Meteor though, and has the benefit of being the only specially-oriented Pseudo-legendary. >:]

Granted, evolving at 47 instead of 64 is a big plus.

solarowl
January 14th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I don't see much of a big deal, since most of you are training it to level 80 and higher.
But if you want to use it in the storyline, it will be a lot harder since you only get it so far in the game. Plus, you gotta grind a lot. I love grinding, but lots of people hate it, so it will be challenging. I currently already have one in my Black. But I did grind a lotand use action replay.

Zorua
January 15th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Personally, I don't see why grinding for evolutions is such a huge deal now. .__. We've all(I hope) played Pokemon for years, so this shouldn't be a new thing. D: As solarowl said, we're most likely going to train it to higher levels anyways, so yeah. .__.;

January 17th, 2011, 08:41 PM
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h334/yourlilemogirl/Pokemon%20I%20like%20from%20Black%20and%20White/633.gif

You mean Dragon Pokemon aren't meant for "Impatient" People lol.
Wow that is really high for one evolution 0_0...

Sabrewulf238
January 17th, 2011, 11:10 PM

Isn't it always theorized in the pokemon world that many Legendary pokemon started out as ordinary pokemon not as strong? At least I'm pretty sure I read about that somewhere.

Maybe a pokemon....not necessarily evolves but "develops" into a Legendary with your help in-game. That would be interesting.

Logiedan
January 18th, 2011, 12:03 AM
A lot of the evolutions for B/W Pokémon are around 40+, but then again, they do only have one evolution. Monozu is a powerful pseudo, so I'll say level 64 is /kinda/ reasonable.

Cat
January 18th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Yeah, I was amazed when I seen some of the Levels that Pokémon evolve at in Gen V, so many above 50, I've seen lots of 54's some 58's and now 64! that's the highest so far!

Zhinc
January 18th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Like, whoa. 64? Then again, I suppose if all the Pokemon are evolving later then expected in this region, at least it won't be, like, all the trainers you're battling have a bunch of fully evolved Pokemon and you don't have any. Unless the trainers like to hack like Faulkner and Lance, of course (a level nine Pidgeotto? Really?). (:

It's a pretty drastic change from the past, but it makes a bit more sense to me. I kinda see the levels almost like age sometimes, so, yeah, I might expect it to take 60+ years for something that powerful to develop its full potential. It's an awkward comparison, I'll grant you, but it's always how I kinda saw it in my head.

Zorua
January 18th, 2011, 10:04 PM
You mean Dragon Pokemon aren't meant for "Impatient" People lol.
Wow that is really high for one evolution 0_0...

I've noticed that Dragon Pokemon have always had the sorta "reputation", so to speak, of evolving at really high levels. Take something like Salamence or Dragonite, who both evolve at 50+. The only exception I can think of at this point is Flygon, who I believe evolves at 44 or 45, which is the lowest level for a fully-evolved dragon-type Pokemon.

January 21st, 2011, 07:12 PM
I've noticed that Dragon Pokemon have always had the sorta "reputation", so to speak, of evolving at really high levels. Take something like Salamence or Dragonite, who both evolve at 50+. The only exception I can think of at this point is Flygon, who I believe evolves at 44 or 45, which is the lowest level for a fully-evolved dragon-type Pokemon.
True true they do evolve at incredibly high levels
Though I wish it evolved at level 60 as most dragon Pokemon evolve in multiples of 5 (ex: 35,45,50,55)
Ps: Altaria is the lowest at 35 of all Fully evolved dragon Pokemon but Flygon is close second.

solarowl
January 21st, 2011, 10:30 PM
Trainers will have to work a lot harder this Gen definitely. :|

Zorua
January 22nd, 2011, 11:07 PM
True true they do evolve at incredibly high levels
Though I wish it evolved at level 60 as most dragon Pokemon evolve in multiples of 5 (ex: 35,45,50,55)
Ps: Altaria is the lowest at 35 of all Fully evolved dragon Pokemon but Flygon is close second.

How could I forget about altaria. ;___; It used to be one of my favorite dragon types, too. :(

Like The Red Chain previously stated, the grinding really isn't all that bad once your follow certain procedures or do certain things(which I have forgotten). So I think that this gen would definitely be significantly easier as far as grinding is concerned. The mass size of the region, plus the many trainers to face...the only thing thats lacking from what I'm seeing is a B/W version of like, the VS seeker or something, which is saddening that it isn't there, but eh. :(

Yeah, I was amazed when I seen some of the Levels that Pokémon evolve at in Gen V, so many above 50, I've seen lots of 54's some 58's and now 64! that's the highest so far!

I think we'll almost be at that point by the time we hit Victory Road/Elite four with enough grinding, anyway. xD

Andrut
January 23rd, 2011, 01:49 AM
Grinding is a hell easier than other games. After getting the Lucky Egg, you can attach it to a weak Pokemon, ride a bike in the grass repelling till you'll encounter an Audino. Pokemon usually gets at least 5000 exp from a single Lv.25 Audino that way.
I don't really think that the evolution changes make the game harder. After all, it's way easier to grind. For example, i had a Beeheeyem and Gothitelle before Fuuro.

Zorua
January 23rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
Grinding is a hell easier than other games. After getting the Lucky Egg, you can attach it to a weak Pokemon, ride a bike in the grass repelling till you'll encounter an Audino. Pokemon usually gets at least 5000 exp from a single Lv.25 Audino that way.
I don't really think that the evolution changes make the game harder. After all, it's way easier to grind. For example, i had a Beeheeyem and Gothitelle before Fuuro.

The lucky egg always makes thing sorta easier somehow, even in the last gen for me. Steal a Lucky Egg from a Chansey, and grinding your pokemon wasn't so much of a big deal after that.

B/W's high evolutionary levels aren't going to put me off too much, though. It might cause me to be impatient once I first get the game, because initially I'm going to be like "whentf is my pokemon going to evolve ):<" but hopefully things get easier and all before that happens. xDD;

Haowakeorden
January 24th, 2011, 05:41 PM
This is going to be fun, with all the weird evolution levels. Due to my play style it's going to make one heck on an interesting team.

Gilgαmesh
January 25th, 2011, 12:47 AM
This is going to be fun, with all the weird evolution levels. Due to my play style it's going to make one heck on an interesting team.

I'm thinking it's going to be interesting too. xDD I'm thinking because there's going to be so much to do and so many battles to face, by the time we end up beating the Elite Four or beating the game pretty much, our Pokemon are going to be high leveled enough(probably 50+, or way more than that) that grinding(whether for evolutions or not) won't even matter as much anymore, nor will it be a huge issue.

Comedic-Sidekick
January 26th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I somewhat like the evolutions, although in Mijumaru's case I'd rather keep him as Futachimaru... And speaking of evolutions, I was pretty bummed when they didn't make any more evos for the original/older Pokemon like Farfetch'd and Heracross. Not even any pre-evos... :/

metalflygon08
January 26th, 2011, 09:45 PM
With Audino being the Metal Slimes of Pokemon, grinding isn't as bad, and the later levels represent where you get the Pokemon, like Braviary, it's prevo is about 34, so you only need to raise it 20 levels, which is a normal amount, same with Dieno, 20 levels to evolve one time is common for psuedo-legends, you get dratini's around level 20 so there's 20 levels to dragonair.

Reshiram Man
January 30th, 2011, 08:11 AM
you get dratini's around level 20 so there's 20 levels to dragonair.

Dratini evolves at level 30 into Dragonair and at level 55 into Dragonite!

Forever
January 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Dratini evolves at level 30 into Dragonair and at level 55 into Dragonite!

That's unrelated to B/W, though. :(

But! I think our psuedos have changed a lot since Kanto, sooo actually stating the evolutions is a good thing kinda. I think it's just the final evolution of Sazandora is throwing everyone off, whereas Dratini - Dragonair, as mentioned by both of you seems normal now. Since well, 55 > 64 for a psuedo final evolution is waaaay high.

metalflygon08
January 30th, 2011, 06:51 PM
change that to 10 levels, which still, 16 levels to first evolution isn't that bad, it's only troublesome if you hatch one, otherwise it's like any normal pokemon, average levels to reach 1st evolution, and 14 more for 2nd.

Rai
February 17th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Is it me or do a lot of the pokemon evolve at really high levels? I can understand a few really rare pokemon evolving high levels (Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamance, Garchomp) but there are so many this generation. It's going to be hard enough filling up my dex with over 100 new pokemon...

Mienfoo (Lvl 50)> Mienshao

Pawniard (Lvl 52)> Bisharp

Rufflet (Lvl 54)> Braviary

Vullaby (Lvl 54)> Mandibuzz

Larvesta (Lvl 59)> Valcarona

Deino (Lvl 50)> Zweilous (Lvl 64)> Hydreigon. Level 64? That is a record high.

I just listed the ones Level 50 and up. There are a lot more in the 40s which isn't as bad but still x.x

Forever
February 17th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Is it me or do a lot of the pokemon evolve at really high levels? I can understand a few really rare pokemon evolving high levels (Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamance, Garchomp) but there are so many this generation. It's going to be hard enough filling up my dex with over 100 new pokemon...

Mienfoo (Lvl 50)> Mienshao

Pawniard (Lvl 52)> Bisharp

Rufflet (Lvl 54)> Braviary

Vullaby (Lvl 54)> Mandibuzz

Larvesta (Lvl 59)> Valcarona

Deino (Lvl 50)> Zweilous (Lvl 64)> Hydreigon. Level 64? That is a record high.

I just listed the ones Level 50 and up. There are a lot more in the 40s which isn't as bad but still x.x

I agree that the levels are kind of crazy - I think it'll annoy me when I do actually play tbh (just think, future evolutions may be even crazier!), but this belongs in the evolutions discussion thread, so I merged it.

rocky505
February 17th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Just watch there be a pokemon that evolves at level 75-100 in the next few gens.

Rai
February 17th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I agree that the levels are kind of crazy - I think it'll annoy me when I do actually play tbh (just think, future evolutions may be even crazier!), but this belongs in the evolutions discussion thread, so I merged it.

Oh okay thanks~ I didn't see this thread so I made my own.

Just watch there be a pokemon that evolves at level 75-100 in the next few gens.

Omg x.x That would be terrible.

Pyrax
February 18th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I realize is on a completely new continent and all, but honestly, how can Mamanbou not be an evolution of Luvdisc?

Because Luvdisc is a Discus fish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discus_(fish)), while Mamanbou/Alomomola is an Ocean sunfish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_sunfish)
IRL, the two fishes aren't even related.

Maruno
February 18th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Because Luvdisc is a Discus fish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discus_%28fish%29), while Mamanbou/Alomomola is an Ocean sunfish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_sunfish)
IRL, the two fishes aren't even related.
Exactly. And on the other hand, an archerfish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archerfish) is practically the same thing as an octopus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octopus).

Oh, wait...

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 18th, 2011, 02:49 PM
To me, the ridiculously evolutionary levels adds more playtime. I certainly won't be able to grind for a Hydregion (or however it's spelled) prior to battling the Elite 4 without spending a solid week on it...

Rai
February 18th, 2011, 03:06 PM
You are completely right. What if someone's dream team consists of all pokemon with high evolutionary levels? It's going to totally stink and take more time overall the beat the Elite Four.

What one struck me the most odd was Larvesta's level. 59? It's a tiny little larva! It's not going to stand a chance against foes and they expect us to get it to Level 59? The same thing goes for other pokemon too.

trevman727
February 18th, 2011, 06:45 PM
i personally hate it. grinding sucks.