PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Black and White Promotional Mall Tour in US

Forever
January 12th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Those living in the USA will be able to participate in a special Black and White tour spreading across the country. From February 5th until March 20th, in 14 different stores across the USA, certain events will be occuring throughout the stores. This includes demos of the games before the release, a free screening of the Zoroark movie, a scavenger hunt, a download to get Celebi and more!

Below is more information on this tour.

POKÉMON LAUNCHING NATIONAL MALL TOUR TO SUPPORT RELEASE OF POKÉMON BLACK AND POKÉMON WHITE VIDEO GAMES

Blockbuster Year For Pokémon Franchise Kicks Off With Opportunity For Fans To Play Highly Anticipated Video Game Titles

BELLEVUE, Wash. - January 11, 2011 - Pokémon Trainers get ready... the Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version video games for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems are touring America! The Pokémon Company International announced today that one of the most anticipated video game releases of the year will be supported by a multi-city national mall tour starting February 5th - a month before the March 6th U.S. launch of the games. The 14-city tour will give fans an opportunity to discover all-new Pokémon while playing the brand-new adventure that has already taken Japan by storm. The mall tour will kick off a blockbuster year for the franchise with more activities, entertainment, and product releases on tap throughout 2011.

Each two-day stop along the Pokémon Black Version and White Version Tour will offer fans a truly immersive experience based on the new world found in the video games, with Pokémon taking over malls to celebrate the marquee releases. Video game demo areas will showcase Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, allowing fans to experience the games firsthand. Families can attend a free screening of the new Pokémon feature-length film, Pokémon-Zoroark: Master of Illusions, at theaters located at the mall tour stops. The tour also features Pokémon character meet and greets with brand-new starter Pokémon Snivy™, Tepig™ and Oshawott™, a mall-wide scavenger hunt, a special Celebi™ character distribution at GameStop stores; plus contests, prizes, and much more! A Pokémon Center store offering merchandise will also be on-site.

"The anticipation for Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version has been palpable, and we are eager to introduce these fantastic new games to America," said J.C. Smith, The Pokémon Company International's director of Marketing. "We cannot wait to hit the road and give Pokémon fans an up-close and personal look at an all-new world of Pokémon in a fun, totally immersive environment."

The Pokémon Black Version and White Version Tour will run every weekend through March 20th in the following cities:

February 5th and 6th:

* Seattle, WA (Westfield Southcenter, Seattle, WA)
* Cleveland, OH (Westfield SouthPark, Strongsville, OH)

February 12th and 13th:

* San Jose, CA (Westfield Oakridge, San Jose, CA)
* Memphis, TN (Wolfchase Galleria, Memphis, TN)

February 19th and 20th:

* Los Angeles, CA (Westfield Santa Anita, Arcadia, CA)
* Indianapolis, IN (Castleton Square, Indianapolis, IN)

February 26th and 27th:

* Denver, CO (Town Center at Aurora, Aurora, CO)
* Philadelphia, PA (Franklin Mills, Philadelphia, PA)

March 5th and 6th:

* New York, NY (Westfield Garden State Plaza, Paramus, NJ) (Actually Friday and Saturday, March 4th and 5th)
* Minneapolis, MN (Mall of America®, Bloomington, MN)

March 12th and 13th:

* Dallas, TX (Grapevine Mills, Grapevine, TX)
* Atlanta, GA (Discover Mills, Lawrenceville, GA)

March 19th and 20th:

* Phoenix, AZ (Arizona Mills, Tempe, AZ)
* Jacksonville, FL (Orange Park Mall, Orange Park, FL)

The mall tour kicks off a historic year for the Pokémon franchise that will introduce an all-new trading card game expansion, feature-length film, animated series, and merchandise. The multi-pronged rollout will thrust the Pokémon brand into the spotlight across its many entertainment offerings.

- PokeBeach

I'm kinda disappointed it's only in the USA, since that'd be really awesome - but I doubt a store nearby me would do so anyway even if it was in Australia. Though I do think this will be great promotion for the games and possibly boost sales with the demos going on during the tour.

twistedpuppy
January 12th, 2011, 08:29 AM
ARGH!!! :cer_pissed: I don't wanna go all the way up to Jacksonville. :cer_cry:
It's kinda strange that they would continue the promotion after the games were released.

Hoenn
January 12th, 2011, 08:30 AM
This sounds like a good event would have thought they stopped around 5th March though, too bad I'm not from the US :(

However if anything is revealed we'll probally find out a day later.

twistedpuppy
January 12th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Mostly likely new names for Pokémon, moves, characters, or towns will be revealed since we pretty much know everything else already.

Dent
January 12th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I knew it would be at the MoA~ Hooray! I'm excited for this. I've never been to an event of this kind.

solarowl
January 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Yes, I can go to the San Jose one! That's not too far away. :D
I'm getting excited but most of the stuff there will probably be pokemon and things I already know.

shinx95
January 12th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Sounds exciting but I don't think that my mom would be willing to take the train again to NY/NJ. Just in October we took it to ComicCon so she probably doesn't want to go back so quickly...

... Maybe.... Maybe I can get her to take me... ^^ She'll probably be put off by the mobs of people but hopefully, it's only an hour away... *Grumble*

Munch Dog
January 12th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I'm gonna try and be at the one in Grapevine, despite the fact that by March 12 I'll already have my copy of Black.

Lexxy
January 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM
No Missouri? :C
That stinks..

SukoSuNa
January 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Once again, Canada is ignored...
FOREVER ALONE.

Does anyone know if the Celebies are being distributed at stores other than the ones being visited by the tour?

ToWriteLove
January 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Ugh, I don't want to have to drive to Indianapolis for it but I want to go. XD I think it would be fun to go but heck if I know, I am 18 now so may be a bit odd driving 3 hours to show up where a majority of kids will be. XD

Cherrim
January 12th, 2011, 12:35 PM
;_; I was really hoping they'd hit at least one mall in Canada. I know they did some sort of event in Toronto for... was it HGSS or Platinum? One of the two. So I was disappointed that there was nothing Canadian on that list. Or even anything really close to the border. Baaaw.
Once again, Canada is ignored...
FOREVER ALONE.

Does anyone know if the Celebies are being distributed at stores other than the ones being visited by the tour?
Celebi is at TRU or Gamestop (I forget which one), but no announcement over whether it'll be in Canada too or not. :(

Llennoccm8
January 12th, 2011, 04:09 PM
OMG OMG OMG! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO GOING!

It will be an oprotunity to play the game, and get some english names. Since its hard to make a "restricted" demo for main pokemon games, you will probably play through the normal story line. Most of the pokemon that appear at the begining of the game, haven't been revealed in English yet. So we can expect the get the english names of the home town, yorterri, minezumi, bel, cheren, ect, ect, ect.

So i am as excited as (insert noun that discribes my burning excitement for the event here)

Team Fail
January 12th, 2011, 04:13 PM
*FANGIRL SQUEE*

I so wish I could attend. I live in Canada and I don't have access to any of those places. It'd be interesting to play the demos. Just like the DP demo. I also wonder if it will have the same fate as the DP kiosk demo?

AntiZero
January 12th, 2011, 04:24 PM
YES! Phoenix! I'm definitely going!

I'll already have my copy of White on the 19th, but I'm still going, regardless.
:)

Azureth
January 12th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Why doesn't anything good ever come to Oklahoma:(

Kevin
January 12th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Wow, there's none in Virginia? That sucks, but oh well. Have fun to all who are going to be participating.

countryemo
January 12th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I never been to one of theese. Wait theres been previous events? The only one i know if is when pokemon started lol (have the vhs)

I might go, if I can. Wooo Seatle thats only.. 2-4 miles away. Why not olympia the capital, where i can go by myself too xD

feb 5.. If they release anything new there, and if you go ill try to report the stuff! :P

The Red Chain
January 12th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Still so excited after hearing this! That is certainly some amazing news!
I'm really happy that B&W is getting it's own tour, and with all kinds of goodies! Especially the Zoroark movie! <3 Talk about really exaggerating the games! GF and Nintendo sure are proud about B&W.
They are gonna arrive here in Denver.. I wish I could go but I doubt anyone would want to take me.. D:
My family is a bunch of anti-Pokemon people because they think I'm too -old- for it now. One day I'll get my permit and I can just take my own self. xP

Guess I'll miss out on Celebi this time... </3
Oh well! At least I'll have shiny Suicune and can at least get Zoroark. ;D

PlatinumDude
January 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM
I've never been to those kinds of events, but I don't like the fact that it's US-only. I don't want to go all the way to California just for a video game promotion.

Speed
January 12th, 2011, 05:45 PM
The closest mall to me that's doing this event is in Jacksonville, and that's 7 hours away. Oh well, I won't miss out on much.

solarowl
January 12th, 2011, 06:52 PM
On second thought, my parents probably won't drive me there even though it's 20 minutes away. :(

Angelique
January 12th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Ahhaha useless Jacksonville. You may have replaced Pokemon event-central Orlando, but I'll destroy the Unova's Elite Four by the 19th. I have no use attending this nice gesture.

pokewalker
January 12th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I'd be so happy if it comes in Europe too... But most likely not unless it will be given away over the Wii (which I don't have...) But the rom of the demo will be released just like the Guardian Signs demo won't it?

Hoenn
January 13th, 2011, 03:02 AM
It's a shame that it's only in America, I knew it woudn't come to Europe though, but like I said, hopefully if new information is revealed i.e English names of Pokémon, Towns, Moves ect. then it will be leaked online within hours after.
With the demos I don't think they'll be on a ROM, they'll just be avaliable at the Event like they did with HG/SS people uploaded videos to Youtube of the Demos which were videos of them playing at the event.
Heck, it will be starting in February 5th so the games will be less than a month a way from release anyway.
I do remember, however demos being held in my home town, this was 2 weeks prior to HG/SS's release.

Yuoaman
January 13th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Why do they ignore the rest of the world? The US is the only country other than Japan that gets these awesome events, it saddens me.

SukoSuNa
January 13th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Celebi is at TRU or Gamestop (I forget which one), but no announcement over whether it'll be in Canada too or not. :(
Well if its at any of them in America, I might be able to convince my parents to drive 3 hours to Fargo...

Zhinc
January 13th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Ugh, none of those stops are anywhere near me. That's the problem with doing a tour in the US; you need, like, 85545432 stops to account for the shear size of the country. =/

I suppose it's a good idea in general...I keep getting the impression from people I personally know that they hadn't heard Black and White were even in the making until I mention it. It'll spread the word about the game to the fans who haven't heard yet, right?

Hoenn
January 13th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Why do they ignore the rest of the world? The US is the only country other than Japan that gets these awesome events, it saddens me.

I know, you never see any of the events, championships, parades ect. In places like Europe, only in America.

Trap-Eds
January 13th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Yay, there's one in Phoenix?! *writes this down in the off-chance I'll get to go* I'd like to attend, but it'd be awkward asking my parents. They'll most likely just say I'm too old. :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
January 13th, 2011, 03:41 PM
ARGH!!! :cer_pissed: I don't wanna go all the way up to Jacksonville. :cer_cry:
It's kinda strange that they would continue the promotion after the games were released.
You're right it is kind of odd at it goes beyond March 6th...
We don't even have the event in my state :( but they do have it in the state up north...so I'm guessing I won't attend it :(

GlitchCity
January 14th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Hey theres one in Dallas!! Although I dont see the point of me going even though Dallas is right down the road for me. I will already have purchased my Pokemon Black by the time the Tour hits Dallas. But since there is going to be a Pokemon Center there might as well go :D

ShinySephiroth
January 19th, 2011, 04:34 AM
I just think it's kind've a bust that there won't be any special events at the tour. I guess wifi's destroyed the good ol' days of the kiosks and cartridges. Now we can't have rumors of shiny 10 ANIV Pokemon running around. ^_^

Haza
January 19th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Kansas never gets things like this... I probably wouldn't go anyway though.

Rawrinism
January 19th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Sounds interesting, but nothing special comes to Canada... :\

インフェルノの津波
January 19th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Damn, looks like my Seattle home is going to get busy.

Might as well pay a visit.

Alinthea
January 20th, 2011, 03:10 AM
I'm kinda disappointed it's only in the USA, since that'd be really awesome - but I doubt a store nearby me would do so anyway even if it was in Australia. Though I do think this will be great promotion for the games and possibly boost sales with the demos going on during the tour.

^This =[

I do enjoy going to the different events just to see what is going on, even if I am the only old one there! XD
But I would have still liked to have seen this come outside of the US.

★Symbiosis★
January 20th, 2011, 02:53 PM
This is a very interesting thing they have desided to do.I am shocked.

Haowakeorden
January 24th, 2011, 04:33 PM
http://nintendo.ca/cgi-bin/usersite/display_info.cgi?lang=en&pageNum=7&id=8217153

Something similar has been announced Canada. Unfortunately they'll only go to two locations, Burnaby, BC and Mississauga, ON.

Rawrinism
January 24th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Nvm! I found out that they are going to do one in Canada! :D
One in Ontario, and one in B.C! Yes!
And it's at MetroTown.. Man, finally Canada gets something!

Brendino
January 28th, 2011, 01:54 AM
It'd be nice if there was more information on exactly what this was about, because I live pretty close to the stop in Burnaby, but I'm going to be busy most of that weekend. Maybe if someone that was going to the one in Seattle or Cleveland and could tell us what was actually there, it would be helpful for everyone!

Cherrim
January 28th, 2011, 09:54 AM
I kind of want to make it for the Mississauga one, but and online friend is coming to visit that week(end) and I think I'll be in Waterloo rather than Toronto then. ;_; But I'm glad Canada is getting something, even if it's just the two cities. :D

Meduza
January 28th, 2011, 10:06 AM
The ONE time they start promoting Pokemon in Canada, they go to to only two places, and neither of which I'm close to. Like, why wouldn't they come to Edmonton?

Llennoccm8
February 5th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I have no Pictures.

Please Post them if you have been there!

Forever
February 5th, 2011, 07:45 PM
The Mall Tour thread is still alive, so why have one just for posting pictures and one for discussing the tour as a whole? Because no doubt, if people post pictures, they'll be discussing them.

Team Fail
February 5th, 2011, 09:07 PM
DARN! I live in Alberta! I won't be getting it. It seems Pokemon doesn't do much within Canada. Well, Raimin City's English name is Nimbasa City. Meh. This tour confirmed something, at least.
The ONE time they start promoting Pokemon in Canada, they go to to only two places, and neither of which I'm close to. Like, why wouldn't they come to Edmonton?
At least I'm not alone. That place is 450 KM away from me.

Air Pichu
February 6th, 2011, 10:46 AM
There's one not too far away, I feel lucky now haha. Only bad thing is is that Black and White have already been released by the time the tour comes over here. I probably won't go.

MrsNorrington
February 6th, 2011, 02:34 PM
I can't make it to the one in Jacksonville, FL because its 4 hours away. But I plan on going to the one in Texas when I visit my fiance over spring break. ^^ I'm SO excited.

I can't wait to take cosplay pics (I'll be in my White/Touko cosplay with my talking Tsutarja (that should arrive this week or next..) and my fiance will be cosplaying N carrying a Zorua plush.

I can't wait to take pics with other cosplayers (if any), the cast that dresses as the starters, the life size blow up Reshiram and Zekrom! I can't wait to do the scavenger hunt! I can't wait to watch to the Zoroark movie and get the special TCG card for watching it, and that green screen picture with my fiance with Raikou, Entei , Suciune, Zorua, and Zoroark on it. I can't wait to buy the 12" Reshiram and Zekrom plushies, the starters Pokecen dolls, the Reshi/Zekm 6" figures, a Tsutarja t-shirt.....

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! Ever since I saw everyones pictures from yesterday mall tour, I just can't even think about anything else!!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be so fun!!!!!!!!

Hoenn
February 8th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Not really sure if this is relevant or not, but then again I didn't know where else to post this, so

If you noticed, on the Pokemon Black & White official website Canadian. You'll notice at the 'What's New!' section there's a sampling event, meaning, comencing 11th Feb - 21st Feb, you'll have the chance to play the games early. I woudn't be surprised if this happened in America either, just unfortunate that nothing like that happens here in Europe, ah well, not that long to go anyway, about 22 days, plus we still get the games early so hey!

(http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-ca)

Forever
February 9th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Not really sure if this is relevant or not, but then again I didn't know where else to post this, so

If you noticed, on the Pokemon Black & White official website Canadian. You'll notice at the 'What's New!' section there's a sampling event, meaning, comencing 11th Feb - 21st Feb, you'll have the chance to play the games early. I woudn't be surprised if this happened in America either, just unfortunate that nothing like that happens here in Europe, ah well, not that long to go anyway, about 22 days, plus we still get the games early so hey!

(http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-ca)

Didn't notice this hours ago. :(
Anyway, belongs in mall tour thread because it's pretty much the same (and was announced earlier, but this gives more detail with the actual link).

Still want Australia to get something. ;;

ChrisSoulSilver
February 13th, 2011, 07:34 PM
This tour has gone all over the country. if you have gone post what you did and everything you enjoyed about it. Ill go first . i went to memphis yesterday. i saw the movie, got the celebi & Zorua card, won a phone charm at the prize wheel, i got both reshiram and zekrom pins, got my picture taken with Oshawott and Tepig, and i bought a cute and cuddly zorua plushie. XD it was so much fun.

Forever
February 13th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Meeeerged with the mall tour discussion thread!

Patch93
February 14th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I'm trying to go to the one in Indianapolis...Too bad it's 3 hours away...But I am DETERMINED. I employed the eleven year old cousin to help beg, too. =P

Kamitsure-chan
February 14th, 2011, 02:31 PM
How in the world does nothing come to Las Vegas. I mean, come on. *is rather peeved about this* XD

Solice
February 14th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Going to the one in Dallas, or rather Grapevine. Driving my friend up there, hopefully.

Patch93
February 19th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I went today. It's been awesome so far! I got 2 pins (mine and my cousin's), a stylus, 3 plushies and an Oshawott Tshirt! and at 6 I get to see the movie and get an oversized card of Zorua and Celebi!

DeathOfBlades
February 19th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I went to the Black and White Mall Tour in Arcadia California (1 hour drive) and it was AWESOME!! I could have sworn I saw over a 1000 people waiting in line just to get their stamps. Oh and by stamps I mean when the event started they give everyone this Black and White Mall Tour booklet where it has all this info on Black and White and the mall event and has 6 stamp slots on the first page. So basically you work on getting 6 stamps then you move onto the next stamp and the next. All of the stamp booths are located in different areas of the mall (You can tell if there is a stamp booth when you see a line xD) After you get 6 stamps you get to move onto the spinning prize circle which I will cover later.

I arrived at the mall at 9:00 and they ran out of tickets really fast! So fast that the mall opened at 8:30 and when I came at 9:00 and arrived to the Movie ticket booth around 10:50 and sold out (meaning I didn't get one ...Sad)

But overall great event. I waited in the prize collection line after I got my 6 stamps for about 2 and a half hours!! In the meantime I was vsing a bunch of pubs. People with lvl 60s. People with ubers and people with the EV and IV partys that knew what they were doing.

I won all of my matches until I lost 1 match to this one girl who knew what she was doing with her EVed and IVed party (Surprised me, an actual challenge!) until she threw out a Palkia and started spamming outrage which totally killed the match and I lost respect for her. The match went to me having 0 pokemon and her having one left (Pretty impressive with against an Uber on her team if you ask me Smiley)

I didn't go to the booth where I get to try the game out cause all of my friends with an R4 already have the game so it really didn't make me feel so special in trying the game out (MAINLY there was a fat line which would have added an additional 2 and a half hours of waiting time -_-...)

Eventually the line came to my turn and I won the Snivy Stylus (Wanted a Snivy plush xD). Earlier, I played some MvC 3 at Gamestop and that's the story on how I got the Mall Tour Exclusive Celebi event.

All in all great day. My legs were and still are aching and if you guys haven't gone yet, you should!!

So anyoneelse go to the Arcadia or any other mall for the Black and White Mall Tour?

Forever
February 19th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Glad you had fun, but this belongs in the mall tour thread.

Please remember Australia and give us a tour ;__;

DeathOfBlades
February 19th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Glad you had fun, but this belongs in the mall tour thread.

Please remember Australia and give us a tour ;__;

Oh didn't know. Hopefully they do one in Australia ;)

Serene Grace
February 20th, 2011, 02:25 PM
We didn't have a tour but I went to an event over here in London today which allowed us to download Celebi and try out the new games.

Lemonish
February 21st, 2011, 08:24 AM
I got to go yesterday :') In Arcadia!
It was sooo much fun. I cosplayed as Banette and got so many.. interesting looks. o.o; At first I thought I was the only one dressed up, but I saw a few others :D Like a Mismagius and a Psyduck!
I got both the pins, got to try the games, got an Oshawott stylus to match my DS <3 and a picture with Snivy! ( unfortunately.... Oshawott left as soon as I got to the front of the line D': )
...........I wasn't able to get a Celebi... because my Pearl is missing.... and my cousin stole my Diamond. D:<

Chadlington
February 21st, 2011, 08:39 PM
Why do these things never come to Australia??!? Its so not fair!! We are people too!!