PDA

View Full Version : One Piece club

Pages : [1] 2

PearlShipper4Life
January 15th, 2011, 02:36 AM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z197/dannyphantomcute/OnePieceimage1.jpghttp://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z197/dannyphantomcute/OnePieceimage2.jpghttp://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z197/dannyphantomcute/OnePieceimage5.jpg

Come, there's gotta be some fans of the series on these forums. I'm a big fan of the show, Luffy's gotta be the best character ever too, he makes you laugh and has bad ass moments too. Who's your favorite character?

Members/List

1. Pearlshipper4Life
2. Icebloom
3. Alakazam17
4. angel
5. Alternative
6. Ryukaa
7. コナンくん
8. Jayster23
9. Neiko Star
10. Razer302
11. Zameric
12. Lapras
13. Derozio
14. That WONDERFUL PIXY GUY!
15. VarimathraS
16. The Ice Type
17. EJ
18. Binary

thedestinedblade
January 17th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure if I should join. This has to be about the fourth club I've seen for One Piece, and all have pretty much died within a couple months. :laugh:

Whatever, sign me up again.

Alakazam17
January 17th, 2011, 03:24 PM
What he said. ^^

One Piece is still my favourite anime, and I'm glad to see we have a fanbase, albeit a small one, here on PC. :D

My favourite character is Robin, with Zoro a close second. They're probably the most serious of the Strawhats, and I've been shipping them forever. I like Robin's mysterious qualities, and I think Zoro is just pure badass with a conscience. I remember that scene when the Going Merry was sent ablaze, and those two were the only ones standing there without a tear in their eyes. Thus they're both strong people, who don't show their true feelings too often. So it won't be until the end of the series, or the start of any fanfic I may write, until we see them together. XD

Oh, and by the way...sign me up! :D

PearlShipper4Life
January 19th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Its great to see some fans of this series here, I'm adding people now. I can see RobinxZoro but at the same time I could also see FrankyxRobin and LuffyxRobin. I'm mainly a LuffyxHancock shipper soXD

What's every one's favorite arc?

thedestinedblade
January 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM
It's the Marineford arc although the anime has really stretched it out by adding a ton of filler scenes. Still, the gathering of most of the world powers in one place was pretty sweet. We got the see the full power of the New World, and how insignificant the Straw Hat Pirates are compared to the pirates of the New World.

PearlShipper4Life
January 20th, 2011, 09:57 PM
The Marineford arc is pretty cool, I loved the one where Luffy had to fight his way out of prision too. So many cool fights in it, than we saw LuffyxBugg team up and big break outs, yah!

thedestinedblade
January 20th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Have you watched up to the latest episode? If not, I don't wanna spoil anything for you.

Also, I've never been much into shipping in One Piece just because it's pretty much lacked romance up until Hancock decided to crazy for Luffy. That's the only pair that seems to have substance. :)

angel
January 21st, 2011, 08:57 PM
I would like to join. ^^ I love One Piece. My favorite character is the reindeer. He's so cute. :)

PearlShipper4Life
January 21st, 2011, 11:23 PM
Have you watched up to the latest episode? If not, I don't wanna spoil anything for you.

Also, I've never been much into shipping in One Piece just because it's pretty much lacked romance up until Hancock decided to crazy for Luffy. That's the only pair that seems to have substance. :)

Don't worry, I've been watching and know what happens now, so you won't spoil it for me. However for people who aren't up to date like you and I still, might want to put spoilers any ways if you want to talk about them. Like this Ace dies and WhiteBeard is gonna fight BlackBeard this weeks episode. I could tell from the episode title, I saw the preview but it didn't reveal too much. I read the manga too, but if you don't want to know about that stuff I won't post it don't worry.

Its true, in fact the owner of One Piece said romance wouldn't happen in the series. Which sucks, however its funny how added Hancock who is just nutts over Luffy. I'm hopping at the end of the series, that he and her get together, I don't care about the age difference its not that bad LOL.

Welcome angel, great to see another One Piece fan.

Another Question

What's every ones favorite fight?

Alternative
January 21st, 2011, 11:57 PM
There's a One Piece Fan Club? o_O I wanna join! <3 One Piece has got to be one of my favourite anime's now, and I haven't been watching it heavily for a while now, but I'm only up to the beginning of the Thriller Bark arc.

Anyway, to answer your questions, my favourite character is Sogeking, which is weird. I don't even know how he managed to get a bounty as his alter ego. :/ Oh well, he's still my favourite, with his wacky, yet confident personality and his cool theme song. <3 And to the second question. My favourite fight so far I would have to say Nami against Califa (CP9). I just think it's the most awesome thing when the not so adamant characters fight, and the way she fights as well, with all the strategy she puts into her moves. I just love that sort of thing when it comes to fights. <3

PearlShipper4Life
January 23rd, 2011, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the club Alternative, Usopp is a great character too, he can crack me up pretty good :)

thedestinedblade
January 23rd, 2011, 05:16 PM
Hard for me to choose a favorite fight as there were a ton that I enjoyed. Blackbeard vs. Ace, Zoro vs. Kaku, and the infamous Luffy vs. Blueno. Luffy vs. Bellamy although not much of a fight has to be right up there as well. Luffy vs. Usopp was pretty emotional too.

The current chapter in the manga seems to be hinting toward some majors battles on Fishman Island. :D It's been awhile since Luffy and the crew have fought, and it'll be exciting to see the extent of their 2 years of training.

~Ryukaa
January 23rd, 2011, 05:32 PM
One Piece Fan club..? I'm in! xDD;;
Luffy VS Usopp was probably the coolest thing I saw in the series. |D
-and Chopper is badass-

ソラ
January 23rd, 2011, 11:00 PM
I want to Join.
I am a big fan of One Piece C:

My Favorite Fight was Luffy vs Rob Lucci

Jayster23
January 24th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Yo! Yayoyayo!

Dreamin... I request Joinage
Dreamin... Sign Me up
Dreamin... Please right now :3
Dreamin... Sign me up, sign me UP!

~Ryukaa
January 24th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Yo! Yayoyayo!

Dreamin... I request Joinage
Dreamin... Sign Me up
Dreamin... Please right now :3
Dreamin... Sign me up, sign me UP!

HERE'S HOW DA STORY GOES WE FIND OUT THERE'S A TREASURE IN THE GRAAAND LINE THERE'S NO DOUBT-
-gets shot-
Sorry. I couldn't resist. ._.;

Neiko Star
January 24th, 2011, 02:04 PM
JOINAGE PLEASE! <3 I've always wondered why there wasn't a One Piece fan club around here. I was considering making one myself.

My favorite character is Luffy, followed by Zoro. All the Straw Hats are awesome, though. But I really loved it in the Thriller Bark arc when Nami, Usopp and Chopper (a.k.a. the only moderately sane ones) left and we were left with just the Crazy Awesome people. XDD

I'm not sure what my favorite fight is. I liked a lot of them. And the Marineford arc is just pure epicness. Oh, by the way, what are your favorite Supernovas? Excluding Luffy and Zoro, of course. I just find them awesome, especially as a group. LAW. <3

angel
January 24th, 2011, 02:11 PM
-and Chopper is badass-

That's putting it simply!

HERE'S HOW DA STORY GOES WE FIND OUT THERE'S A TREASURE IN THE GRAAAND LINE THERE'S NO DOUBT-
-gets shot-
Sorry. I couldn't resist. ._.;

Haha. Nice one.

Best fight? I'm not sure, I need to start watching the series again..*Puts it on list* Anyways, I would have to say any fight with Zolo. I love his fighting style.

Alakazam17
January 24th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Welcome to all the new people. I take back what I said about PC having a small One Piece fanbase. :P

I see three new topics since I last ventured here, so I'll answer them all. First, my favourite arc is probably Arabasta, as I thought Crocodile's schemes were genius, in an evil kind of way. The thought of two sides fighting each other benevolently with the identical goal in mind...that'll always get to me. I also liked that moment with Vivi standing above the fighting, while trying desperately and unsuccessfully to put an end to the violence.

As for my favourite fight, after some time sitting here and thinking about it, I'll go with Luffy VS Crocodile. Yes, I love the Arabasta arc, shoot me. Crocodile was evil, and a man I loved to hate, so watching Luffy pwn him was awesome. And now that he's a free man again, I would be lying if I said I didn't think he'd get a second chance to be pwned. :P

And my favourite Supernova? I'd normally go with Zoro, but seeing as Neiko Star took him and Luffy out of the running, I'll hold off on my judgement. I haven't seen enough of each of them to make an opinion yet, though from what I have seen, probably Law or Bonney.

thedestinedblade
January 24th, 2011, 02:59 PM
To answer Neiko Star's questions; I'd probably say Kid. All of the Supernova's are colorful characters in their own right, but this dude tops the list for me. He's just brutal. Though him and Luffy ultimately share the same dream they go about it two completely different ways. That 3 hundred fifteen million bounty wasn't just for show either. There's a chapter in the post-war arc where he is shown crucifying some pirates in the New World.

Neiko Star
January 24th, 2011, 04:24 PM
The scene where Luffy, Law and Kid walk out to kick the Marines' asses while arguing was awesome and hilarious at the same time. XD Especially each time you see Law with a guy's head in his hand.

Kid and Luffy really are similar. They share the same dream (SHARE THE WORLD <3 Sorry XD), they both have bounties over 300 million, they have a swordsman with no Devil Fruit powers as their first mates, and they're both pretty hot-headed. Except Kid likes massacring people, yeah.

~Ryukaa
January 24th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Hmm, my favourite arc would probably have to be Water Seven. It was so awesome. |D
It had the coolest anime opening as well. xDD;;

WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL OFF MERRY. WHY? WHHHHY!?

PearlShipper4Life
January 24th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Holy cow, a lot of people have joined, welcome guys sorry for the wait. I've been dealing with some Grandma issues, me and my family think she may die. Um Welcome to the club, great to see there's a lot more One Piece fans on here than we thought. Supernove? Luffy's da best please ^^

~Ryukaa
January 24th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Does Chopper count as a SupaNova? Because Chopper has Rumble Balls; and that's Badass. -puts on shades-

PearlShipper4Life
January 25th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Does Chopper count as a SupaNova? Because Chopper has Rumble Balls; and that's Badass. -puts on shades-

Chopper does not count, only Luffy and Zoro do, sadly Sanji is not counted as SuperNova either though I feel he should already =/
Here's a question

Do you think Luffy is secretly a genius? I say this cuz some times his genius shows, like that time they got caught by the army and they needed that Octopus, Luffy pulled it out of his pants and said he thought they needed it later. Than Usopp said they needed that fire shell or whatever its called and he said he didn't see it for along time, than Luffy pulls it out saying he thought it was cool and wanted to play with it?? You can't tell me all of that is just coincidence.

thedestinedblade
January 25th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I always felt Sanji deserved a lot higher bounty than 77 million.

lol, I'm actually not sure what two scenes you're referring too. I wouldn't say Luffy is a genius, but he's a lot smarter than he looks. :) Genius at fighting, yes; developing the Gears was rather ingenious.

~Ryukaa
January 25th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Chopper does not count, only Luffy and Zoro do, sadly Sanji is not counted as SuperNova either though I feel he should already =/
Here's a question

Do you think Luffy is secretly a genius? I say this cuz some times his genius shows, like that time they got caught by the army and they needed that Octopus, Luffy pulled it out of his pants and said he thought they needed it later. Than Usopp said they needed that fire shell or whatever its called and he said he didn't see it for along time, than Luffy pulls it out saying he thought it was cool and wanted to play with it?? You can't tell me all of that is just coincidence.

No. Luffy is not smart. He's retardedly intelligent. xDD;;

angel
January 25th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Here's a question

I believe that Luffy is smarter then he makes people believe. However I wouldn't call him a genius. The fire shell thing was probally an accident. Since Luffy can be childish at times and he probally did want to play with it. Then forgot to put it back.

PearlShipper4Life
January 26th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if Luffy was secretly a genius and hidding it from every one :P

Razer302
January 26th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Looked in other clubs just for this club happy to see one <3

My favourite character would be Nami, ever since the story with Arlong I have always like her as a character.

Favourite fight is either Luffy V Rob Lucci or Luffy v Usopp.

I am fully up to date. I never miss reading them. Currently loving the storyline whilst re watching all the old episodes. I have 1-350 on dvd :)

~Ryukaa
January 26th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Favourite fight is either Luffy V Rob Lucci or Luffy v Usopp.

Your favourite fight is now Luffy VS Usopp. |B

Zameric
January 27th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Ah, another One Piece fan club. I was kind of sad when ChaoSong's died.
Maybe if this one goes under, I'll make one like on sppf.
Kidding there. I'll do what I can to help keep this club alive as long as possible. :D

I'd like to join the club, btw. I'm a big One Piece fan, even more so than Bleach.

I'd have to say that my favorite character is Luffy, especially since he learned to use Haki.
But I do like the whole Strawhat crew on about the same level.

Manga 612
Just going to comment on one part atm.
Caribou's new Logia type Devil Fruit is called the Numa Numa no Mi...
Now I'm just waiting to see how long it takes for a video on him singing Dragostea Din Tei (Numa Numa song) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmtzQCSh6xk) to show up on Youtube.

PearlShipper4Life
January 27th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Sweet more people joining, welcome new people and yah Luffy V.S Lucci was an epic battle. Every thing about that one was just brilliant, Luffy V.S Usopp was just sad, they are best friends me thinks. Luffy V.S Crocodile was another awesome battle, that was one of Luffy's first serious fights. The way he used his own blood to take on Crocodile was genius, Luffy is smart when it comes to fighting, your right about that.

Zameric you might want to put a spoiler around Luffy using Haki, that's during the time skip Some people don't read the manga, I do but some people watch the series only and is just at the War arc in Japan. Or some only watch English dubbed version and is only reaching series 4 I think that's the part its at. I'm collecting the DVD's English dubbed versions myself but I still do watch English subs but again not every one does that so yah, be careful k?

Ask for the new chapter in the manga, it is intresting Princess is so pretty, it'd be freakin funny as heck if she falls in love with Luffy too at the end of this chapter. Every thing is coming up nicley, we already know they are matching up the villains against the Star Hats now, I'm intrested to know how Luffy will destroy the place. I bet in the end, him destroying the place will help the mermaids in the end and hey'll be a hero under the sea tooXD This chapter had some funny moments man, can't wait to see how it all works out.

New Question: Who would you say is Luffy's best friend? I'd say its a tie between Zoro and Usopp. What do you think?

Neiko Star
January 27th, 2011, 03:15 PM
ZORO. <3 Sorry, I'm a big fan of Luffy x Zoro nakamaship. And to me Zoro will always be Luffy's first mate and best friend. ^^

You know, it seems like a lot of people have forgotten that Luffy has TWO extremely pretty girls after him. Remember Alvida? Yeah...imagine if she and Hancock met. And I'm not even sure if Hancock's power would work on Alvida, since she's so self-centered and all and probably believes that there couldn't possibly be a woman more beautiful than herself.

Also wondering if Kizaru's laser beams would slide off her.

thedestinedblade
January 27th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Thoughts on the latest chapter: :D

I didn't expect the Mermaid Princess to be so huge. Luffy pretty much groped her unintentionally. :laugh: I really love the design Oda has used for creating this underwater world; should look pretty neat in the anime. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Princess falls for Luffy too. I'm quite anxious for some fights. Also, it seems Nami's bounty increased by 2 million. Not much, but it's something, lol.

Doubt Alvida is able to let light just slide off since it's not tangible. Smoker was also able to touch her as well, so Logia's should have no problem with her.

Neiko Star
January 27th, 2011, 03:42 PM
If you melted Aokiji, would he be able to re-freeze himself?

thedestinedblade
January 27th, 2011, 03:49 PM
If it's hot enough, he shouldn't be able to. Ace and Aokiji fought and they seemed to cancel each other out, but something like Akainu's Magma abilities should easily melt Aokiji.

PearlShipper4Life
January 27th, 2011, 03:49 PM
ZORO. <3 Sorry, I'm a big fan of Luffy x Zoro nakamaship. And to me Zoro will always be Luffy's first mate and best friend. ^^

You know, it seems like a lot of people have forgotten that Luffy has TWO extremely pretty girls after him. Remember Alvida? Yeah...imagine if she and Hancock met. And I'm not even sure if Hancock's power would work on Alvida, since she's so self-centered and all and probably believes that there couldn't possibly be a woman more beautiful than herself.

Also wondering if Kizaru's laser beams would slide off her.

Awe I like LuffyxZoros friendship too, they always pretty much seem to be together. Than movie 3 They were tied up together and worked well with each other Than in one episode Zoro put his life on the line for Luffy. Than again I also really love LuffyxUsopp's friendship too, you can tell how much they care for each other ^^
How can any one forget Alvida? And if you ask me, I think Camie {The mermaid} Also had a crush on Luffy, with the blushing and such. And if The Mermaid princess crushes on Luffy like we are all thinking. That'd be insane, Sanji would be jealous for sure LOL Imagine if both her and Hancock meet too? Oi.

Neiko Star
January 28th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Haha. Poor, poor Sanji. He's practically become Oda's Butt Monkey.

LUFFYXZORO NAKAMASHIP <3

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6332829/1/bMoments_b_bLike_b_This

Just...so cute...

PearlShipper4Life
January 29th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I know Sanji must really hate his life right now LOLz.

Neiko Star
January 30th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Yup. Chapter 609 was just hilarious.

thedestinedblade
January 30th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Anyone watch the latest anime episode? (485) That was pretty awesome. Almost felt like shedding a tear for Whitebeard...almost. It obviously wasn't as gruesome as the manga scene, but it was nicely done.

PearlShipper4Life
January 30th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Anyone watch the latest anime episode? (485) That was pretty awesome. Almost felt like shedding a tear for Whitebeard...almost. It obviously wasn't as gruesome as the manga scene, but it was nicely done.

I saw it, oh man I was going to say that it wasn't as good as the manga for an anime it did an impressive job. I really really hate BlackBeard now and am sure his time will come too. I hope Luffy is the one to finish him off since he was the reason why Ace got killed in the first place. Plus Luffy would have been in his place had Ace not done any thing about it. Stupid BlackBeard, cuz of him two of the best pirates have died. Luffy and Shanks and the Straw hat crew are now the only few coolest pirates left.

edit;

Next weeks looks awesome, waiting is so freakin hard. I feel bad for Luffy cuz from the previews he's still passed out oi. I'm sure some one will fill him in on things when he wakes up.

Weeaboo Name
January 30th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I'm gonna join even though i only started the series today, I can already tell it's going to be one of my favourite shonen anime/manga.

As i said i have only just started so i probably won't be much good in any discussions for a little while but meh. :)

thedestinedblade
January 30th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I saw it, oh man I was going to say that it wasn't as good as the manga for an anime it did an impressive job. I really really hate BlackBeard now and am sure his time will come too. I hope Luffy is the one to finish him off since he was the reason why Ace got killed in the first place. Plus Luffy would have been in his place had Ace not done any thing about it. Stupid BlackBeard, cuz of him two of the best pirates have died. Luffy and Shanks and the Straw hat crew are now the only few coolest pirates left.

edit;

Next weeks looks awesome, waiting is so freakin hard. I feel bad for Luffy cuz from the previews he's still passed out oi. I'm sure some one will fill him in on things when he wakes up.

lol, I was a Blackbeard fan up until then. It was great seeing Whitebeard tell him he isn't the one that would inherit Roger's spirit, and the proceeds to let the entire the world know that One Piece does exist. That peaked my curiosity; it has to be something psychical and not just friends, journey and all that other stuff. :) No doubt Luffy and Blackbeard will eventually meet.

Yeah, not much of Luffy shown this episode. He was being carried by Jinbe off the battlefield. He'll be out for quite awhile too.

I'm gonna join even though i only started the series today, I can already tell it's going to be one of my favourite shonen anime/manga.

As i said i have only just started so i probably won't be much good in any discussions for a little while but meh. :)

lol, better late than never I suppose. The series starts off rather slowly, but try and stick with it. It's definitely worth it. :)

ソラ
January 30th, 2011, 09:14 PM
lol, I was a Blackbeard fan up until then. It was great seeing Whitebeard tell him he isn't the one that would inherit Roger's spirit, and the proceeds to let the entire the world know that One Piece does exist. That peaked my curiosity; it has to be something psychical and not just friends, journey and all that other stuff. :) No doubt Luffy and Blackbeard will eventually meet.

Yeah, not much of Luffy shown this episode. He was being carried by Jinbe off the battlefield. He'll be out for quite awhile too.

lol, better late than never I suppose. The series starts off rather slowly, but try and stick with it. It's definitely worth it. :)
That was an epic but sad episode D:

I love how love just being there doing nothing, and Junbei is just carrying him like that xD.

But I love how White beard past was shown a bit. :O

Jayster23
January 31st, 2011, 02:31 AM
I'm sorry to all the Usopp fans out there but i seriously don't like him.His big nose is so punchable. I wish he would die at times :P

-sigh- i'm so far behind now i'm gonna have to start reading again :/

thedestinedblade
January 31st, 2011, 06:19 AM

I love how love just being there doing nothing, and Junbei is just carrying him like that xD.

Yeah, the talk between him and Roger was nice. I like how they ended it right where Roger was gonna explain what the D. meant, lol. The family part was rather touching too. :'(

PearlShipper4Life
January 31st, 2011, 01:48 PM

Makes me think of LuffyxJunbei with how much he cares for Luffy like that, actually there friendship is cute. I hope he returns later on down the series, he's one of my favorites him and Hancock. I know Luffy's kind of out of it right now, sucks too cuz he is missing a few thing =[

Welcome Lapras, its ok to be a late fan nothing wrong with that ^^

You don't like Usopp Jayster23??? Well that's understandable, to me he cracks me up but I guess to people who don't like characters that are chickens well.

Razer302
January 31st, 2011, 03:49 PM
The only thing I don't like about Usopp is his voice. It is annoying. I like Usopps back story and how his dad is in Shanks crew. That will lead to an interesting part when the Straw hats finally meet up with shanks again.

PearlShipper4Life
January 31st, 2011, 05:13 PM
The only thing I don't like about Usopp is his voice. It is annoying. I like Usopps back story and how his dad is in Shanks crew. That will lead to an interesting part when the Straw hats finally meet up with shanks again.

Which voice do you not like? The English dubbed or Japanese? I like the Japanese voice myself am still not used to the English dubbed versions yet :P

Razer302
January 31st, 2011, 05:17 PM
English dub. I no longer watch it but ever since seeing it. I still can't get over it.

PearlShipper4Life
January 31st, 2011, 06:45 PM
English dub. I no longer watch it but ever since seeing it. I still can't get over it.

The English dubbed version is hard getting used to, I like Luffy's Japanese voice way better, she can hanndle any note. Have you heard his singing? There was one scene or two where Luffy sings, she matches it perfectly, she's my favorite on the series. The actor in the English dubbed version is ok but not as perfect as she is. I'm still at series 2 in English dubbed though, am collecting the DVD's LOL.

thedestinedblade
January 31st, 2011, 07:17 PM
Never really watched anything of the dubs aside from some of the hilarious 4kids scenes. After watching every episode in Japanese, I probably couldn't watch more than a couple minutes of the dub without thinking it was terrible. :\

~Ryukaa
January 31st, 2011, 07:30 PM
Chopper's 4Kids voice wasn't bad, from what I remember.

PearlShipper4Life
January 31st, 2011, 10:56 PM
Never really watched anything of the dubs aside from some of the hilarious 4kids scenes. After watching every episode in Japanese, I probably couldn't watch more than a couple minutes of the dub without thinking it was terrible. :\

Which is understandable, some times English dubbed version ruines things from the series. They can add there own words in the show that weren't in the Japan version. Also, never ever watch the 4Kids version of One Piece, trust me when saying this. Funimation English dubbed is far better, sadly you have to buy it on DVD's. Don't know if they'll ever put it on the Funimation channel but even if they do, I don't have it any ways LOL. Choppers voice I don't mind either way meh.

~Ryukaa
January 31st, 2011, 11:09 PM
I have the Funimation dub of the eighth movie actually. xDD;;
The voices are great, it's just the movie itself is bleh. xD

PearlShipper4Life
February 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM
I have the Funimation dub of the eighth movie actually. xDD;;
The voices are great, it's just the movie itself is bleh. xD

Well even the Japanese version of the 8th movie wasn't that great, it was juts a remake of a certian saga. I wish they'd dub other One Piece movies, movie 4, 6, 10 are my favorites. I know it will take them forever to get to 10 but the others they can do. Don't know whats taking there time with them, they can dub Dragon Ball Z movies and the series back to back, surley they can do the same with this series. Or are they are really trying to make One Piece perfect as can be? After all I remember Dragon Ball Z fans whining about how horrible they were =/

Speaking of movies, which ones are your favorite?

thedestinedblade
February 1st, 2011, 11:49 AM
Despite being a One Piece fanatic, I haven't watched any of the movies. :laugh: I have been planning to watch Strong World if not only for some of the Roger flashbacks, and it's the only movie written by Oda. lol, I also wanted to watch the one where the guy has the syrup logia. (Not sure which movie that is)

PearlShipper4Life
February 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Awe man you should watch Strong World {Is that the name of movie 10?} I thought it was World Strong, maybe I've been saying it wrongXD

thedestinedblade
February 1st, 2011, 12:04 PM
lol, it's definitely Strong World. :) All I know it that Nami's kidnapped by one of Roger's old enemy. I do like the Strawhats alternative outfits for the movie too.

PearlShipper4Life
February 1st, 2011, 12:42 PM
lol, it's definitely Strong World. :) All I know it that Nami's kidnapped by one of Roger's old enemy. I do like the Strawhats alternative outfits for the movie too.

That title makes more sense LOL But yup that's the plot, there outfits towards the end was so cool. So wait, did you see the move? Cuz there's one scene in the movie that's really cool, its again towards the end if not than want me to give the link where you can see the movie? I also think you might like the start of the movie, to me this and movie 4 had really cool beginings :cool:

thedestinedblade
February 1st, 2011, 05:13 PM
That title makes more sense LOL But yup that's the plot, there outfits towards the end was so cool. So wait, did you see the move? Cuz there's one scene in the movie that's really cool, its again towards the end if not than want me to give the link where you can see the movie? I also think you might like the start of the movie, to me this and movie 4 had really cool beginings :cool:

Nah, I'm sure I can find somewhere online to watch it. :D How is the beginning cool? I honestly don't care if you spoil it, lol.

PearlShipper4Life
February 1st, 2011, 07:36 PM
Nah, I'm sure I can find somewhere online to watch it. :D How is the beginning cool? I honestly don't care if you spoil it, lol.

Well it starts off in the middle of the story not the begining, shows Luffy and his friends apart from each other on different islands floating in the air. Sounds strange right? Well any ways, all the animals are insane, they are like more evolved animals of the ones we know and attack each other for food LOL Than they attack Luffy, who he easly defeats. It has great music and animation, think you'll be impressed :cool:

Zameric
February 1st, 2011, 09:08 PM
Thoughts on the latest chapter: :D

I didn't expect the Mermaid Princess to be so huge. Luffy pretty much groped her unintentionally. :laugh: I really love the design Oda has used for creating this underwater world; should look pretty neat in the anime. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Princess falls for Luffy too. I'm quite anxious for some fights. Also, it seems Nami's bounty increased by 2 million. Not much, but it's something, lol.

Where did you see that Nami's bounty was increased?

The Mermaid princess crushes on Luffy like we are all thinking. [/spoiler] That'd be insane, Sanji would be jealous for sure LOL Imagine if both her and Hancock meet too? Oi.
Hmm, I never noticed that, but I guess it could be possible that she has a crush on him.

Yes, I really like the part where it showed that he has no scar on his back!
I think I teared more at the episode before

Which voice do you not like? The English dubbed or Japanese? I like the Japanese voice myself am still not used to the English dubbed versions yet :P
Well I prefer the english dubs more generally since they are my native language.
I took me a little while to get used to Zoro's new dub voice since I really like his 4kids one.
Althought I really like some of the Japanese voices. Like I really like Ivan's first VA, and I was sad when he was replaced after being arrested.

Chopper's 4Kids voice wasn't bad, from what I remember.
I really like the way they did Chopper's voice in the 4kids dub better.
Funimation doesn't change his voice depending on what form he takes.

thedestinedblade
February 2nd, 2011, 07:32 AM
Where did you see that Nami's bounty was increased?

I'm forgetting what page, but it showed the bounties of all the Strawhats. Honestly, it's probably just a typo.

Also spoilers for 613 out.

As expected, Luffy asks the Princess to go out for a walk with him. :laugh: Also, Vander Decken and Hody Jones joined forces it seems. Decken has some strange DF ability that allows him to never miss a target once he's touched them. (Apparently)

~Ryukaa
February 2nd, 2011, 01:37 PM
Despite being a One Piece fanatic, I haven't watched any of the movies. :laugh: I have been planning to watch Strong World if not only for some of the Roger flashbacks, and it's the only movie written by Oda. lol, I also wanted to watch the one where the guy has the syrup logia. (Not sure which movie that is)

You should watch the Ninth movie, it's called "Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Sakura. Episode of Chopper Plus". It absolutely blew me away. More than the tenth movie, actually. <_>
Or maybe I just have bad taste, Idk.

Zameric
February 2nd, 2011, 03:43 PM
Manga 613
Wow, this was a really interesting chapter...

We get to see Vander Decken IX, who turns out to be a fishman.
We also learn that the giant guy pulling his ship is a fishman too. o.0

Then we see where the hell he threw that giant axe, and that he has a devil fruit power.
The Mato Mato no Mi (的, means target or mark) give him the ability to lock on to any target.
Which marks him the best marksman ever. I wonder if he'll fight Usopp in the future.

Luffy save the Princess, and she hides him from the guards.
They plan to lock him up, along with the rest of his crew.
Then we learn how crazy Vender Decken is. XD

I don't exactly get why Luffy reacted so strongly to what she did...
Maybe is has something to do with the Kuja clan. :p
I feel bad for Princess Shirahoshi, Luffy can be a prick sometimes. xD
I guess the idea of her falling in love with him is on thin ice now.

I wonder what Usopp's new Black Kabuto can do.
It's obviously shorter than his regular Kabuto.
I hope he still has the regular Kabuto.

Looks like Nami either got a new staff or is using her old one again.
Zoro stopping King Neptune's attack was pretty cool.

An alliance between Hodi Jones and Vander Decken IX can't be a good thing. O.O

thedestinedblade
February 2nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
You should watch the Ninth movie, it's called "Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Sakura. Episode of Chopper Plus". It absolutely blew me away. More than the tenth movie, actually. <_>
Or maybe I just have bad taste, Idk.

Isn't that just a retelling of the Drum Island arc? :\

~Ryukaa
February 2nd, 2011, 07:42 PM
Pretty much, but it uses the animation style of Movie 6. |3
Not to mention they added Franky and Robin. xDD;;
Oh, and Wapol has a brother named Mushroo.
Anyway, the directing of the movie was brilliant. Really.
So yeah, go watch it. xDD;;

EDIT: Oh, and they already have the Sunny.

PearlShipper4Life
February 2nd, 2011, 08:10 PM
Ok so I read the latest manga chapter, pretty freakin awesome

Loved the Luffy/Mermaid Princess interactions and I really do think at the end shey'll fall for him LOL. The fight in the chapter was epic and we got Zoro back *WE* Usopp is way more cooler than he was before. Still wondering where Sanji is, he's apart of the monster trio but hey'll come in and kick some one's butt at the end I'm sure. I love the new posters but LOL They keep screwing up on Sanji, poor guys never going to get known like the others are at this rate. I love the idea of a villains team up, gonna end up pretty sweet, over all I'm loving this saga.

edit;

Who doesn't like the 10th movie? Its the most epic movie ever!!

~Ryukaa
February 2nd, 2011, 08:14 PM
I liked the 10th movie. xDD;;
I just enjoyed the 9th one more. |3

thedestinedblade
February 2nd, 2011, 09:16 PM
Ok so I read the latest manga chapter, pretty freakin awesome

Loved the Luffy/Mermaid Princess interactions and I really do think at the end shey'll fall for him LOL. The fight in the chapter was epic and we got Zoro back *WE* Usopp is way more cooler than he was before. Still wondering where Sanji is, he's apart of the monster trio but hey'll come in and kick some one's butt at the end I'm sure. I love the new posters but LOL They keep screwing up on Sanji, poor guys never going to get known like the others are at this rate. I love the idea of a villains team up, gonna end up pretty sweet, over all I'm loving this saga.

edit;

Who doesn't like the 10th movie? Its the most epic movie ever!!

For a minute there, I almost thought Luffy asked the princess to join his crew. :cheeky:

~Ryukaa
February 2nd, 2011, 09:38 PM
For a minute there, I almost thought Luffy asked the princess to join his crew. :cheeky:

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if she does, somehow. xDD;;

PearlShipper4Life
February 2nd, 2011, 10:16 PM

But she's too big, she'd eat as much as Luffy does and I don't think he'd like thatXD Now I can see maybe her following him around and helping some how next arc. For now, he's just letting her out of her room to get some air for the first time in along while LOL. Makes me wonder if Mermaid Princess and Hancock will meet? Run away Luffy, run away!!"

Movie 9 more than 10? I heard it was a remake of Choppers arc in the series so I didn't see it. Maybe I need to give it a chance but I really loved movie 10 Luffy with a gun and awesome outfit *WE*

~Ryukaa
February 2nd, 2011, 10:26 PM
Movie 9 more than 10? I heard it was a remake of Choppers arc in the series so I didn't see it. Maybe I need to give it a chance

:I
Yes, yes you do. It's brilliant.
Some recap movies turn out to be good, just because the Alabasta movie wasn't. xDD;;

Alternative
February 3rd, 2011, 04:02 AM
I knew there were One Piece movies, but ten of them? :o That seems like a lot of them. It probably isn't though. XD
What did you think was wrong with the Alabasta movie? I wouldn't mind see it; Arabasta is probably my favourite arc.

thedestinedblade
February 3rd, 2011, 07:44 AM
But she's too big, she'd eat as much as Luffy does and I don't think he'd like thatXD Now I can see maybe her following him around and helping some how next arc. For now, he's just letting her out of her room to get some air for the first time in along while LOL. Makes me wonder if Mermaid Princess and Hancock will meet? Run away Luffy, run away!!"

Movie 9 more than 10? I heard it was a remake of Choppers arc in the series so I didn't see it. Maybe I need to give it a chance but I really loved movie 10 Luffy with a gun and awesome outfit *WE*

lol, yeah. Unless she has some way to magically shrink herself it probably won't happen. But this kinda speculation always happens when a potential crew member shows up. People were going crazy for Perona to join, and she was soon forgotten too.

The princess was just too damn cute in this chapter. ;)

I don't know, but I've never felt like watching the movies since none are considered canon (aside from movie 10) :/ Next movie is apparently in 3D, so let's see how that goes.

PearlShipper4Life
February 3rd, 2011, 04:58 PM
lol, yeah. Unless she has some way to magically shrink herself it probably won't happen. But this kinda speculation always happens when a potential crew member shows up. People were going crazy for Perona to join, and she was soon forgotten too.

The princess was just too damn cute in this chapter. ;)

I don't know, but I've never felt like watching the movies since none are considered canon (aside from movie 10) :/ Next movie is apparently in 3D, so let's see how that goes.

I have a theory that she might have eaten a fruit that has her grow or shrink. Some have other theorys, that cuz people who eat fruit on land can't swim, if mermaids were to eat fruit in water they might not be able to go on land. Course guy in charge could think of any thing he wanted and make it happen if he wants her to join. I do agree, the princess was much better this chapter and again really liking her and Luffys interactions, always the best.

You should see movies 4-10 those are the best, even if they aren't canon to me they are the best anime TV series movies ever! I don't know about this 3D stuff, I'm hopping its only a one movie type thing. As it is I'm hopping movie 12 has Hancock in it, she played a big part in the War arc and normally movies take place in a certian time. I think movie 11 takes place during series 11 before the group splits apart.

10 Movies is a lot, I think Dragon Ball Z beats it though that series has um I think 13 movies. I do think One Piece will catch up though in the end.

Ask for movie 8, well I didn't like it cuz it was a remake of a saga I already knew and love so I figured why bother?

thedestinedblade
February 3rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
I have a theory that she might have eaten a fruit that has her grow or shrink. Some have other theorys, that cuz people who eat fruit on land can't swim, if mermaids were to eat fruit in water they might not be able to go on land. Course guy in charge could think of any thing he wanted and make it happen if he wants her to join. I do agree, the princess was much better this chapter and again really liking her and Luffys interactions, always the best.

You should see movies 4-10 those are the best, even if they aren't canon to me they are the best anime TV series movies ever! I don't know about this 3D stuff, I'm hopping its only a one movie type thing. As it is I'm hopping movie 12 has Hancock in it, she played a big part in the War arc and normally movies take place in a certian time. I think movie 11 takes place during series 11 before the group splits apart.

10 Movies is a lot, I think Dragon Ball Z beats it though that series has um I think 13 movies. I do think One Piece will catch up though in the end.

Ask for movie 8, well I didn't like it cuz it was a remake of a saga I already knew and love so I figured why bother?

Well, if they start showing flashbacks of her past then it's guaranteed she'll join. :laugh:

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to make a movie of what happened during the time-skip

Zameric
February 3rd, 2011, 08:25 PM
I doubt that, because we saw that Vander Decken IX has to wear a Flutter Kick Coating because he could lose his power and ability to swim if his body was exposed to seawater.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to make a movie of what happened during the time-skip
I think that would make a better canonical filler for the anime, than a movie.

thedestinedblade
February 3rd, 2011, 08:37 PM
I think that would make a better canonical filler for the anime, than a movie.

You think they'll go the fillers right when time-skip begins? I know they're near the end of the Marineford Arc, but then we have the small flashback saga with Sabo. I don't know if the current arc in the manga will be done by then, but it should be pretty close.

PearlShipper4Life
February 3rd, 2011, 09:13 PM
Well, if they start showing flashbacks of her past then it's guaranteed she'll join. :laugh:

That's true flashbacks mean every thing for a characterXD

I guess I could see a movie on the gang training but I'd rather see episodes of Luffy training. They could do fillers arcs too for Luffy some how, I love seeing his adventures he cracks me up.

Besides seeing Hancock in a couple of movies would be awesome.

Zameric you bring up a good point.

~Ryukaa
February 3rd, 2011, 09:49 PM
Movie Eight was... ehhhh.
The directing was really bad, it felt like one of those long anime recaps you see at the beginning of anime episodes, they thought adding FRAME FREEZES would be cool, felt really bland, it was disappointing in general, etc.
But Movie Nine was completely opposite, Movie Nine was brilliant. |D

PearlShipper4Life
February 4th, 2011, 04:21 PM
So than I will see movie 9, I just didn't feel like watching movies that was like a recap. So I skipped movies 8 and 9 meh but movie 9 sounds a lot better. Oi This up coming episode I think BlackBeard eats two devil fruit and is the first one to do it. I wonder if Luffy will ever do it later on? I'd hope not cuz I like that he defeats his enemys with just one power.

thedestinedblade
February 4th, 2011, 04:36 PM
So than I will see movie 9, I just didn't feel like watching movies that was like a recap. So I skipped movies 8 and 9 meh but movie 9 sounds a lot better. Oi This up coming episode I think BlackBeard eats two devil fruit and is the first one to do it. I wonder if Luffy will ever do it later on? I'd hope not cuz I like that he defeats his enemys with just one power.

I doubt it. Marco mentioned that Blackbeard has something peculiar about his body-type that allows him to have 2 DF abilities. I don't know, but to me it sorta seems like he'll be the last enemy and he and Luffy will eventually face off for the title of Pirate King.

PearlShipper4Life
February 4th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I doubt it. Marco mentioned that Blackbeard has something peculiar about his body-type that allows him to have 2 DF abilities. I don't know, but to me it sorta seems like he'll be the last enemy and he and Luffy will eventually face off for the title of Pirate King.

I like your idea a lot

I hate the fact that Luffy's and BlackBeards finale showdown will be at the end, I mean I want to see Luffy get his revenge now. Still, think they'll see each other every now and than? I'd at least like a couple of showdowns before Luffy shuts that jerk down.

~Ryukaa
February 4th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I like your idea a lot

I hate the fact that Luffy's and BlackBeards finale showdown will be at the end, I mean I want to see Luffy get his revenge now. Still, think they'll see each other every now and than? I'd at least like a couple of showdowns before Luffy shuts that jerk down.

...Ehh. I don't like BB that much. But yeah, he would fit as the final boss. xDD;;

thedestinedblade
February 4th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I like your idea a lot

Well, it's not guaranteed that it'll be him, but it's a possibility. Yeah, having them meet over the course of Luffy's journey will make the final battle that much better. Luffy was pretty pissed when he met Blackbeard at Impel Down remember? He knows Blackbeard is one of the main reasons Ace is dead.

~Ryukaa
February 4th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Well, it's not guaranteed that it'll be him, but it's a possibility. Yeah, having them meet over the course of Luffy's journey will make the final battle that much better. Luffy was pretty pissed when he met Blackbeard at Impel Down remember? He knows Blackbeard is one of the main reasons Ace is dead.

ಥ﹏ಥ AACCCEEEEE AAACCCEEEEE FFFFTTT

thedestinedblade
February 4th, 2011, 09:43 PM
:laugh: Did you just find out or something?

~Ryukaa
February 4th, 2011, 09:47 PM
No. D:
I found out ages ago.
But it still gets to me. D|

PearlShipper4Life
February 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM

I know but I want it to be Luffy who takes BlackBeard down so bad, he needs his revenge I tells yah. 1. He was going to get Luffy first, had Ace not shown up that would have been Luffy in his spot. 2. He killed Ace, his step brother. I want him to beat him a couple of times into the ground ><

thedestinedblade
February 5th, 2011, 02:34 PM
I know but I want it to be Luffy who takes BlackBeard down so bad, he needs his revenge I tells yah. 1. He was going to get Luffy first, had Ace not shown up that would have been Luffy in his spot. 2. He killed Ace, his step brother. I want him to beat him a couple of times into the ground ><

In the end though, Akainu is the one who put the whole through Ace's chest. I wonder if there will be an encounter in the future between Luffy and him as well.

I also wonder how far off the reunion between Luffy and his father is. That'll be something to see, lol. Crazy that he appeared waaay back in Loguetown without knowing who he really was.

PearlShipper4Life
February 5th, 2011, 05:12 PM
In the end though, Akainu is the one who put the whole through Ace's chest. I wonder if there will be an encounter in the future between Luffy and him as well.

I also wonder how far off the reunion between Luffy and his father is. That'll be something to see, lol. Crazy that he appeared waaay back in Loguetown without knowing who he really was.

Oh yah man I want a reunion between Luffy and his dad too, Luffy didn't even know he had a dad. I'm not sure what Luffy's reaction would beXD I'm thinking some time in the near future the straw hat crew will attack the goverment again, than Luffy willl get his revenge on those jerks. LOLz Is it good that I'm rooting for the piratesXD I mean they aren't bad guys LOL.

~Ryukaa
February 5th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Ehh, Luffy isn't the type to want revenge, you know?

PearlShipper4Life
February 5th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Ehh, Luffy isn't the type to want revenge, you know?

Well Luffy should want revenge here, I mean [/spoiler] BlackBeard killed his step brother. No one killed any one he cared about before, this time well [/spoiler]

Did any one see tonights episode? It was freakin epic!

Animation was awesome, music was perfect and loved the battles and seeing all the characters that I never thought I'd see. I wish Luffy would snap out of it already, he's missing a lot. Also BlackBeard was just crazy here, for the first time in along time I got chills for what he did.

thedestinedblade
February 6th, 2011, 07:40 AM
People at the beginning pissed me off. They have no clue how many people Whitebeard protected with just his name alone. :/ They kinda stretched the episode a bit with the Buggy scene, but it was good for the most part. Still unsure as to how Blackbeard was able to acquire Whitebeard's ability but maybe his darkness powers had something to with it since it's able to suck in anything?

Next episode is probably the one where Coby's haki is awakened. :) Can't wait for Shanks to show up.

PearlShipper4Life
February 6th, 2011, 11:42 AM
People at the beginning pissed me off. They have no clue how many people Whitebeard protected with just his name alone. :/ They kinda stretched the episode a bit with the Buggy scene, but it was good for the most part. Still unsure as to how Blackbeard was able to acquire Whitebeard's ability but maybe his darkness powers had something to with it since it's able to suck in anything?

Next episode is probably the one where Coby's haki is awakened. :) Can't wait for Shanks to show up.

Your guess is as good as mine with BlackBeard, they haven't really explained any thing yet about his powers. Hopefully maybe the next time he appears they will, I hope is some time soon. I can't wait to see Luffy's reaction to BlackBeard after all that's happened yah know?

If I remember right Coby's haki awakens trying to protect Luffy right? In the future Luffy is going to have one heck of a rival, I wonder when will see Coby in the Time skip? And Yah I can't wait to see Shanks again. He's one of my favorite characters :cool:

thedestinedblade
February 6th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Your guess is as good as mine with BlackBeard, they haven't really explained any thing yet about his powers. Hopefully maybe the next time he appears they will, I hope is some time soon. I can't wait to see Luffy's reaction to BlackBeard after all that's happened yah know?

If I remember right Coby's haki awakens trying to protect Luffy right? In the future Luffy is going to have one heck of a rival, I wonder when will see Coby in the Time skip? And Yah I can't wait to see Shanks again. He's one of my favorite characters :cool:

Well, we know his power is different from other Logia's shown so far. He can't become darkness itself, and nullifies other DF abilities. But who knows, I originally thought he was gonna actually eat Whitebeard. :P

No, he released it on accident so to say because everyone around him was being killed despite the Marines already accomplishing their job. Then Akainu attacks him and Shanks shows up and saves him. Yeah, I think it's obvious that Coby will become to Luffy what Garp was to Roger.

PearlShipper4Life
February 6th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Well, we know his power is different from other Logia's shown so far. He can't become darkness itself, and nullifies other DF abilities. But who knows, I originally thought he was gonna to actually eat Whitebeard. :P

No, he released it on accident so to say because everyone around him was being killed despite the Marines already accomplishing their job. Then Akainu attacks him and Shanks shows up and saves him. Yeah, I think it's obvious that Coby will become to Luffy what Garp was to Roger.

Well, like I said, hopefully next time he appears they'll explaine a bit more about his powers. I thought BlackBeard was going to take WhiteBeards body as a hostage for some reason =/

Oh is that what happens? I guess its been a while since I read that chapter. I do agree with you about Coby though, that should be tough for Luffy man.

Neiko Star
February 6th, 2011, 03:12 PM
His growth spurt still scares me, though.

thedestinedblade
February 6th, 2011, 06:07 PM
lol, his original look appears nothing as how he looks now aside from the pink hair. This supposed growth spurt only happened during a couple months too.

PearlShipper4Life
February 6th, 2011, 06:43 PM
LOLz Coby's growth was freakin funny, it was like WTF?! He's not normal I tells yah, must be related to a giantXD Luffy's reaction was every one's reaction.

thedestinedblade
February 6th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I guess that's what Garp's training will do for you. :) Sadly him and Helmeppo have done nothing but hide during the war.

PearlShipper4Life
February 7th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I guess that's what Garp's training will do for you. :) Sadly him and Helmeppo have done nothing but hide during the war.

Garps training does that? Wonder if his training on Luffy really did make him who he is today? Sanji said he thought he saw what made Luffy's will to liveXD Any who I can't wait for this weeks episode and manga chapter, I like that we've been getting a manga chapter per week, that's been fun. Besides I want to find out what happens between Luffy and the Mermaid Princess. Do you think Hamcock and Princess Mermaid will ever meet?

thedestinedblade
February 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Garp is the one who has been training Coby so maybe that had something to do with his radically new look.

A lot people of people had an impact on Luffy during his childhood. That's why I'm eager to get to the flashback arc in the anime. lol, but Garp wanted Luffy and Ace to become Marines so I'm not sure how much of Garp's training really affected Luffy in the first place.

Doubt it. Only way they'll meet is if by some chance she joins the crew.

Neiko Star
February 7th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Haha. I loved the "If Luffy ever becomes a Marine, the food supply on his ship will be gone in less than a day." So true.

PearlShipper4Life
February 8th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Garp is the one who has been training Coby so maybe that had something to do with his radically new look.

A lot people of people had an impact on Luffy during his childhood. That's why I'm eager to get to the flashback arc in the anime. lol, but Garp wanted Luffy and Ace to become Marines so I'm not sure how much of Garp's training really affected Luffy in the first place.

Doubt it. Only way they'll meet is if by some chance she joins the crew.

Awe man a flashback episode into Luffys past, I mean we saw how Shanks affected his life and every thing. We even saw how Ace became Luffy's step brother, however yah I'd like to see when Luffy decided to become a pirate and how escaped his gramps, that'd be so epic I bet.

Well Princess joining, wow Hancock I'm not sure how she'd take itXD

Alternative
February 8th, 2011, 04:33 AM
I'm not really one for flashback episodes, unless they're new flashbacks that haven't been shown before. The last one I saw was a little bit in the Enies Lobby arc and the whole time when watching them I was thinking "Man, I've seen all this crap before". So I essentially skipped them all, since I don't like seeing boring how-they-became-pirates again and again.

thedestinedblade
February 8th, 2011, 07:28 AM
All of the character flashbacks have been pretty emotional since all of them seem to have a sad past. I wouldn't say it's the same how they became pirates, but more of why they became one. I enjoyed most of them really. Up until this point in the anime, Luffy is the one we know least of. Yes, we know Shanks had a big affect on him, and gave him his trademark strawhat, but that's about it. The upcoming episodes will show how Luffy and Ace became brothers in the first place. Though the repeated short flashbacks just to stretch episodes are rather annoying, lol.

It'll also introduce the third brother, and also gives some insight on Dragon as well.

PearlShipper4Life
February 8th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I'm not really one for flashback episodes, unless they're new flashbacks that haven't been shown before. The last one I saw was a little bit in the Enies Lobby arc and the whole time when watching them I was thinking "Man, I've seen all this crap before". So I essentially skipped them all, since I don't like seeing boring how-they-became-pirates again and again.

Awe I liked the one that showed how Luffy got his devil fruit powers, that one has always been a favorite of mine. Any who, that's what we are talking about, a new flashback episode. Like I said before, I'd like to see how Luffy left and decided to become a priate, I've always been really curious.

It'd be kind of cool to see some thing on Dragon too, like why he just left Luffy like that. He didn't even know he had a dad for crying out loud.

thedestinedblade
February 8th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Well, I've always been curious as to who Luffy's mom was? I'm assuming she's dead since there's never been any mention of her once. What did she look like? Was she famous? Was she also a D. like Ace's mom? I'd like to eventually know the answers to those questions.

PearlShipper4Life
February 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Well, I've always been curious as to who Luffy's mom was? I'm assuming she's dead since there's never been any mention of her once. What did she look like? Was she famous? Was she also a D. like Ace's mom? I'd like to eventually know the answers to those questions.

Ooh I'd love to see Luffy's mom too, I mean Garp could tell him about his mom like he did with Dragon.

thedestinedblade
February 8th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I'd prefer it if he'd actually hear it from his father's mouth. I don't know, it'd make it a bit more emotional? lol.

This week's chapter should be out soon. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

PearlShipper4Life
February 9th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I'd prefer it if he'd actually hear it from his father's mouth. I don't know, it'd make it a bit more emotional? lol.

This week's chapter should be out soon. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Well, if he and his father meet it'd be great if he heard about his mother from him. Do you think Luffy and Dragon will meet during these time skip episodes? I'd love that.

This weeks chapter is out and it was fun like you were hopping, or at least I thought so. This saga has really been amazing so far and it looks like

The gang might take a little side trip, maybe the Mermaid Princess going with them? She said she always wanted to. Question is, will she end up joining the gang in the end? Odds are seeming possible each chapter as we go. Again, really liked the interaction between Luffy and the Mermaid Princess, I was hopping they'd head off together alone but Brook interrupted them, darn. HAHA I think I'm starting to become a shipper of themXD I think its obvious now who Luffy will be fighting in the end, they often give out big hints LOL. Now I think the gang is coming together again, all we need is Franky and Robin and we got it. Seems to me, Usopp really hasn't changed cuz he still wants to run away in battles, I really hopped that part of him did change cuz it always annoyed me. I did love Usopp's comical side but him being a chicken 24 % of the time well. Than you have Nami being selfish again and caring only about gold and money. I wonder if Zoro will get lost some time like he did in the past? I loved his comments about why they should listen to the hostage LOL Still hasn't lost his sense of humor.

So over all, yah fun chapter! Can't wait for next weeks, than we get to should see the entire gang together again. I can't wait for Sanji's reaction to Luffy being friends with the Mermaid Princess already. As it is, I want to see his reaction to Hancock being in love with Luffy tooXD

thedestinedblade
February 9th, 2011, 07:14 PM
That was a fun chapter. :D

It seems like the Princess will be sticking around for awhile at the very least. It also seems like Luffy and the gang are gonna encounter Jinbei pretty soon since the place the mermaid wants to go is the same place Jinbei mentioned in the letter. The letter also warned Luffy not to fight Hodi. While I doubt he's on Luffy's level, I think it may be Jinbei protecting one of his former crew members; just a guess. Zoro also got a slight bounty raise.

Chopper's new Kung-Fu point looked kinda lame honestly. :laugh: Hoping we get to see others go all out soon.

PearlShipper4Life
February 10th, 2011, 01:09 AM
To me now that I see it

Kind of looks like Luffy splits apart from the gang a few chapters with the Mermaid Princess. There interaction is always gold, so I don't mind some alone adventures between the two. Than the others are left behind a bit, will they follow after there leader? Who knows, kind of starting to sound a bit like another saga I know and love. Any who, can't wait for the next chapter.

thedestinedblade
February 10th, 2011, 03:55 PM
To me now that I see it

Kind of looks like Luffy splits apart from the gang a few chapters with the Mermaid Princess. There interaction is always gold, so I don't mind some alone adventures between the two. Than the others are left behind a bit, will they follow after there leader? Who knows, kind of starting to sound a bit like another saga I know and love. Any who, can't wait for the next chapter.

And what saga would that be? The Princess obviously has a complex, and I'm pretty sure Luffy will be the one to get her over that. I don't think they'll be apart that long from the rest of the group; Brooke arrived just as the two of them were leaving. I wonder what Jinbei has to say to Luffy after 2 years.

PearlShipper4Life
February 10th, 2011, 04:43 PM
And what saga would that be? The Princess obviously has a complex, and I'm pretty sure Luffy will be the one to get her over that. I don't think they'll be apart that long from the rest of the group; Brooke arrived just as the two of them were leaving. I wonder what Jinbei has to say to Luffy after 2 years.

Its the Robin arc, where Luffy sneaks in first and takes on the entire army alone with the others following a bit later. I'm hopping Luffy and the Princess will be alone for a couple of chapters, don't know what would happen though. And oh yah for I'm sure Luffy will get over that, same thing happened with Coby, he was a cry baby and look at him now. Difference is, I'm sure Princess will fall for him at the end, now Coby blushes at times over Luffy but he just admires him a lot :P

thedestinedblade
February 10th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Its the Robin arc, where Luffy sneaks in first and takes on the entire army alone with the others following a bit later. I'm hopping Luffy and the Princess will be alone for a couple of chapters, don't know what would happen though. And oh yah for I'm sure Luffy will get over that, same thing happened with Coby, he was a cry baby and look at him now. Difference is, I'm sure Princess will fall for him at the end, now Coby blushes at times over Luffy but he just admires him a lot :P

It's obvious you're hoping for some romance. :laugh: I guess after the whole Hancock thing, she's given you some hope, lol. Won't be long before we start getting some Luffy x Shirahoshi fanart. ;D

Also, for some reason I was re-watching a lot of the sad moments from the anime. :laugh: Merry's viking funeral tops the list, lol. I actually teared up for a boat.

PearlShipper4Life
February 10th, 2011, 07:04 PM
It's obvious you're hoping for some romance. :laugh: I guess after the whole Hancock thing, she's given you some hope, lol. Won't be long before we start getting some Luffy x Shirahoshi fanart. ;D

Also, for some reason I was re-watching a lot of the sad moments from the anime. :laugh: Merry's viking funeral tops the list, lol. I actually teared up for a boat.

Well, with Hancock it was a loss romance cuz Luffy was oblivous to her crush on him. Than again, it makes me wonder if he'd notice had nothing been going on around him? At that time, he was obssesed with getting his step brother free. Than again, he didn't understand what was wrong with the girls on Lilly Island either so meh LOL. I've already seen fan art of the two, your too late bahaha and it wasn't me who posted it.

Rewatching sad moments, the one that really makes me sad is Robin saying "I Want to live!" Poor Merry, however the new boat is awesome!

Neiko Star
February 11th, 2011, 01:31 PM
:X Shouldn't that be in spoiler tags?

thedestinedblade
February 11th, 2011, 01:44 PM
That happened quite awhile ago. I think most people have past that part in the anime/manga.

PearlShipper4Life
February 11th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I put spoiler tags around the manga spoilers but I didn't think I needed to around the other stuff. Than again I didn't think about the English dubbed watchers sorry about that, as I am an English dubbed watcher myself too. Any who I'll do that...

Question Think Hancock is ever going to go on a journey with Luffy? And do you think he'd be able to hanndle her for an entire monthXD

thedestinedblade
February 12th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I put spoiler tags around the manga spoilers but I didn't think I needed to around the other stuff. Than again I didn't think about the English dubbed watchers sorry about that, as I am an English dubbed watcher myself too. Any who I'll do that...

Question Think Hancock is ever going to go on a journey with Luffy? And do you think he'd be able to hanndle her for an entire monthXD

You and Hancock. :laugh: I really don't see how it could happen. She's the leader of Amazon Lily so she can't just run off and do as she pleases. They'll meet up again for certain because of her position of Shichibukai. She had her chance to join, but like Vivi they simply can't just leave.

PearlShipper4Life
February 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM
You and Hancock. :laugh: I really don't see how it could happen. She's the leader of Amazon Lily so she can't just run off and do as she pleases. They'll meet up again for certain because of her position of Shichibukai. She had her chance to join, but like Vivi they simply can't just leave.

Awe Vivi left for a little bit and joined the Pirate crew, I'd think Hancock could be with him a couple of advetures. Now I'm thinking the Mermaid Princess might be more like Princess Vivi and hang with them for a while. Yah they'll hopefully meet up with Hancock, Luffy never breaks a promis. I like Hancock I can't help it, now I'm having trouble choosing who I want with Luffy thoughXD

AAhh New Episode tonight!

thedestinedblade
February 12th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Newest episode leaves you with wanting more. ;) Jinbei pretty much took a magma blast through the chest for Luffy, and even with that, Luffy still took pretty heavy damage. He's got the x-shaped scar over his chest, which will now become part of his signature look. First Crocodile saves him, then Buggy (unintentionally,lol). The best part of course, is Law showing up at the end. Episode has some nice music too.

We still have to wait till March for Shanks...:/ One Piece is taking a break after next week's episode. Coby's haki will definitely awaken next week so that something to look forward too.

PearlShipper4Life
February 12th, 2011, 09:46 PM
LOL Buggy saving him freakin funnyXD But yah it was an epic episode I agree, even if some of it was filler they did an awesome job. Seeing Luffy get that mark on his chest was sad to watch, cuz I hate seeing him in pain =[

I'm excited for Shanks to appear, on the edge of my seat for that and Cobys came out of no where What???? Now I'm dying like crazy to see the next episode. At least we have the next chapter to look forward to till than.

derozio
February 12th, 2011, 11:31 PM
I wish to join this club. Seeing that I'm a big OP fan myself, it wouldn't be a problem, right? :D

Well yeah, the episode was pretty awesome. I thought that 'Coby shouting and stopping the war for a few seconds' thing would be in this episode. To my disappointment, I found that it'll happen in the next episode. One more week. I'll be waiting for it with bated breath. Not to forget, shanks will be here soon too. <3

thedestinedblade
February 13th, 2011, 09:33 AM
lol, you probably want to put some of that in spoiler tags. I thought it'd happen this week as well, but they're stretching it out as much as possible. Either way, there's only 2 more episodes for this arc.

PearlShipper4Life
February 13th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I wish to join this club. Seeing that I'm a big OP fan myself, it wouldn't be a problem, right? :D

Well yeah, the episode was pretty awesome. I thought that 'Coby shouting and stopping the war for a few seconds' thing would be in this episode. To my disappointment, I found that it'll happen in the next episode. One more week. I'll be waiting for it with bated breath. Not to forget, shanks will be here soon too. <3

Welcome to the club, great to see another One Piece fan. I knew Coby wouldn't haki last nights episode, I thought it was just forshadowing of him getting it. I know not a lot of people like Coby's character but I like him and him admiring Luffy like he does :) Yah they are taking there time showing this stuff but I think its cuz the time skip is next. I really can't wait to see the reunion between the gang in the anime.

derozio
February 14th, 2011, 04:44 AM
I'm glad to be a part of this club, guys.

Yeah, time-skip sure is gonna be something else. Since its gonna be something that epic, I guess the fact that they're taking their time is sorta okay. XD; I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Nami and Robin after the time skip. They're gonna be...delicious. XD; /perverted

On a side note, anyone besides me over here thinks Sabo's gonna come back? I've been bringing this topic almost everywhere I go...but I can't help it, I guess.

A Pixy
February 14th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Can I join?

Oda wouldn't leave a loose thread dangling like that. I'm sure he'll have a part in some story arc down the road. But, if I want anyone to come back, I want CP9 Kaku and his teammates to come back. They swore revenge on Spandam, I'm sure they could take him down with the rest of the World Government.

thedestinedblade
February 14th, 2011, 07:23 AM
^lol, Kaku was awesome. He's easily one of my favorite One Piece characters, and I'd love if he showed up again somewhere down the line.

I guess there is a chance for Sabo. His death was never really confirmed. Some people suggested he might have been saved by Dragon, and became a revolutionary. Chapter 596's cover had a "what if" pic with an older looking Sabo, so I'm not sure what think. Was he teasing us?

PearlShipper4Life
February 14th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Can I join?

Oda wouldn't leave a loose thread dangling like that. I'm sure he'll have a part in some story arc down the road. But, if I want anyone to come back, I want CP9 Kaku and his teammates to come back. They swore revenge on Spandam, I'm sure they could take him down with the rest of the World Government.

Of course you can join, I'm glad to see so many One Piece fans joining latley. Yah they wouldn't leave some thing like that off, take Hancock, I'm sure Luffy and his gang will visit them as Luffy said. I look forward to it ^^

I'm looking forward to Time Skip Luffy the most, I want to see his Haki and how much he's improved on it. He will make the goverment fear them for sure.

Zameric
February 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on much.
School is killer, and I'm in two Bleach clubs.

I recently got volume 55 from Barns & Nobel.
My first One Piece volume I have ever bought. xD
Even though I've read all this in fan scanlations, it's still fun to re-read.

I don't think she will, unless she losses her Warlord status.
Protecting the Kuja clan is too important. Her sisters are there to keep her from running off.
Though, her two sisters or Elder Nyon could be Empress or acting empress if Hancock wanted to leave.
After losing her Warlord status, if so happened.

I'm excited for Shanks to appear, on the edge of my seat for that and Cobys came out of no where What???? Now I'm dying like crazy to see the next episode. At least we have the next chapter to look forward to till than.
Yeah, I can't wait to see the Red Hair Pirates appear in the anime, too.
I thought they might in this episode, but the Heart Pirates kind of made up for it.

Yeah, time-skip sure is gonna be something else. Since its gonna be something that epic, I guess the fact that they're taking their time is sorta okay. XD; I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Nami and Robin after the time skip. They're gonna be...delicious. XD; /perverted

On a side note, anyone besides me over here thinks Sabo's gonna come back? I've been bringing this topic almost everywhere I go...but I can't help it, I guess.
I think I found a new buddy to hang with. >D

I might sound pessimistic, but I subscribe to the notion that Sabo is dead, sadly.

I don't remember a lot of specifics about the CP9 arc, but I don't think they'll be come back in the story.
Could be in a filler or something in the anime.
Though, it would be funny to see Luffy to use his power of friendship and fight along side Lucci against a Admiral or something. xD

PearlShipper4Life
February 14th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Hi, welcome back Zameric, cool that your a Bleach fan I used to be one but over time I've become more and more obssesed with One PieceXD
Sounds like fun.

You sure

Hancock wouldn't give up her postion as a WarLord to be with Luffy? I don't know, she loves him loads. You bring up a good idea of her sisters replacing her the time being. However, I didn't think she'd be on Luffy's team forever, just for a saga maybe?

Zameric
February 14th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Hi, welcome back Zameric, cool that your a Bleach fan I used to be one but over time I've become more and more obssesed with One PieceXD
Sounds like fun.

You sure

Hancock wouldn't give up her postion as a WarLord to be with Luffy? I don't know, she loves him loads. You bring up a good idea of her sisters replacing her the time being. However, I didn't think she'd be on Luffy's team forever, just for a saga maybe?
If she could have it her way, I'm sure she would. But I mean that her sisters would probably stop her from trying to as long as she has Warlord status.

After chatting with a friend about this for a little while, I came up with a discussion topic...
If Buggy does not become a Warlord after the time skip, then what do you think could be the new total bounty of the Buggy Pirates?
I'll give my answer to this tomorrow, as I'm gonna go to bed now.

thedestinedblade
February 14th, 2011, 09:35 PM
If Buggy does not become a Warlord after the time skip, then what do you think could be the new total bounty of the Buggy Pirates?

lol, no clue. All those prisoners that followed Buggy supposedly have extremely high bounties. Coupled with Buggy getting a huge raise, and Mr. 3 possibly getting a decent bounty too, I could honestly seeing it being higher than the Strawhats. :laugh:

I still think Oda made him a Shichibukai during the time-skip, though. For lulz of course.

PearlShipper4Life
February 14th, 2011, 11:28 PM
If she could have it her way, I'm sure she would. But I mean that her sisters would probably stop her from trying to as long as she has Warlord status.

After chatting with a friend about this for a little while, I came up with a discussion topic...

Her sisters let her help Luffy during the War arc I'd hope they wouldn't mind her going on another little journey with him. At least I'd hope not any ways =/

I honestly don't know how much Buggy's bounty would be at this moment. A lot less than luffy's that's for sureXD

Here's a good question

When do you will happen when they reach the New World?

I assume

Luffy V.S Moria Part 2. Only more powerful Moria, with Luffy using more new powers of his.

Luffy V.S Smoker part 3

Maybe Luffy V.S Crocodile??

Hancock showing up lending a hand since she's a WarLord

Also, how many more arcs do you think will get before or after we get to New world? Seeing as how popular One Piece manga just keeps getting, I don't think it will be ending any time soon. However, I do think we could have a few more arcs even after we get there. So what do you think?

derozio
February 15th, 2011, 02:04 AM
I might sound pessimistic, but I subscribe to the notion that Sabo is dead, sadly.
I used to think that too. But someday, while thinking about it, I realised that Sabo, as a character, wasn't really necessary. It wasn't like he was needed at all. We haven't heard or seen even a shadow of his character before the chapters after the whitebeard war, right? And in the anime, I've only seen Ace and Luffy in every flashback I've seen. If I recall correctly, they took the oath sorta thing that made them brothers together, right? All three of 'em? If my memory serves me right, there's a scene which is shown in one of the flashbacks where ace and Luffy take that oath or whatever. Sabo was nowhere. And then suddenly, out of nowhere, he appears just after the whitebeard war! A character doesn't just pop up anytime. Especially so late in the series if he doesn't serve any significant purpose. That's what made me think he just might make a return. I even searched everywhere I could to find any 'solid' evidence of his death. Read the chapter where his 'death' was depicted. The way in which that part is drawn makes me sorta suspicious. If he wanted to show us that Sabo actually died, why didn't he make it totally clear by showing some solid evidence? His death just doesn't seem like a real thing to me now. Its more like..he somehow survived that blow and have been living alone without the knowledge of anybody else.

...at least, that's what I think.

As for buggy:
I don't see him becoming a warlord anytime soon, naah. XD;

And I wanna see the light of new world. Soon. A lot of exciting things might happen. The possibilities are too many. XD;

Regarding Hancock:
For some reason, I don't think she'll be joining Luffy. Might do that for a single small arc or something...but not for too long. I mean, Sanji would die the day Hancock sets her foot on the ship (excessive nosebleed), haha! XD;

thedestinedblade
February 15th, 2011, 08:42 AM
What will will happen when they reach the New World? So many possibilities. :)

That I don't even know where to start guessing...lol. I'm just anxious to see where they stand after two years of training. I'm sure they'll meet with Law and Kid eventually and wouldn't be surprised if some of the other Supernova have been killed off as well. I'm also wondering if they'll encounter Kuma again as well. He protected the Sunny for 2 years, and Franky mentioned that if they meet again he will already have become a heartless weapon. I'm curious how that encounter would play out.

Another female crewmember would be nice too. ;)

PearlShipper4Life
February 15th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Regarding Hancock:
For some reason, I don't think she'll be joining Luffy. Might do that for a single small arc or something...but not for too long. I mean, Sanji would die the day Hancock sets her foot on the ship (excessive nosebleed), haha! XD;

Oh but Sanji may already die due to being near the Mermaid Princess, maybe cuz of that hey'll be ready for Hancock?? A small arc was really what I meant any ways. However, it'd be epic if she went with them to the New World to help them.

Icebloom A new female joining the crew would better if yah ask me, there's tons of guys in the crew, time for a new female. But yah I def see Kid and Law being there. I'm not sure about Moria V.S Luffy now, people are saying maybe a team up but I'd rather see another battle like Moria said during there last battle. Than of course Smoker promising he'd catch them in the New World, hopefully Luffy got some thing to fight against him this time.

But yah, can't wait for the gang to reach the New World.

Zameric
February 15th, 2011, 01:18 PM

Well considering Buggy's new found reputation for be considered one of the masterminds for the break out of Impel Down, the Marine's discovery that he was an apprentice in Gold Roger's crew, and his some what involvement in the Whitebeard War, I could see Buggy's bounty making 50 to 75 million easy. He's also gotten a somewhat stronger since the beginning of the series.

Mr. 3 will probably gain reputation now too for his involvements alongside Buggy. We know he was strong enough to beat a pirate with a 47 million bounty before (but this was unknown to the World Government), and he helped Luffy to beat Magellan. His bounty could be anywhere from 20 to 50 million.

Alvida's bounty porbably won't go up much unless she does something during the two year time skip. So a minimum of 5 million.

I don't see Mohji or Cabaji getting bounties. >.>

Unless any the former I.D. prisoners are revealed, they're bounties probably won't be added to the crew's.

So I think a good minimum to set for the total bounty of the Buggy Pirates would be 70 to 100 million. Could be higher if some new members' bounties are revealed.

As for buggy:
I don't see him becoming a warlord anytime soon, naah. XD;
There was a scene (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c593/19.html) in chapter 593 where Buggy got a letter from the World Government.

derozio
February 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM
There was a scene (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c593/19.html) in chapter 593 where Buggy got a letter from the World Government.
Oh, it seems like I missed that part/overlooked it. XD; That changes a lot of things.

Nobody agrees with my Sabo theory, hmm? :(

Oh right, mermaid princess! I forgot that she's one hell of a beautiful girl as well. And as for the bounties, my guess is as good as Zameric's. Pretty much what he wrote.

thedestinedblade
February 15th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Icebloom A new female joining the crew would better if yah ask me, there's tons of guys in the crew, time for a new female. But yah I def see Kid and Law being there. I'm not sure about Moria V.S Luffy now, people are saying maybe a team up but I'd rather see another battle like Moria said during there last battle. Than of course Smoker promising he'd catch them in the New World, hopefully Luffy got some thing to fight against him this time.

But yah, can't wait for the gang to reach the New World.

Luffy originally wanted a crew of 10, so not counting himself, there's 2 spots left. I really hope at least another female joins up. (Vivi! :/)

Definitely do not want to see Moria again. He's been to the New World before, and him and his crew got completely destroyed. I don't think he'd try again. Doflamingo on other hand, I'd love to see. He's as crazy as he is strong. :laugh:

derozio
February 15th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Doflamingo, yes. Very little of his personality has been revealed and his powers remain a mystery. He has to be very strong to get out of the whitebeard war without a single scratch, after all! I'd love to see more of him there.

thedestinedblade
February 15th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I think we've seen enough of personality, really. The guy is crazy! :knockedou Runs a human slave ring, and loves to toy with people like puppets. Still, I love his flamboyant character.

PearlShipper4Life
February 16th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Luffy originally wanted a crew of 10, so not counting himself, there's 2 spots left. I really hope at least another female joins up. (Vivi! :/)

Definitely do not want to see Moria again. He's been to the New World before, and him and his crew got completely destroyed. I don't think he'd try again. Doflamingo on other hand, I'd love to see. He's as crazy as he is strong. :laugh:

I liked Vivi, I hope we see her again during the Time Skip but she won't join up again she already stated why unless another attack happens. Moria said Luffy should see him in the New World that he'd be twice as powerful than he was, I always figured it meant they wanted another fight which is some thing I'm hopping for than that's me. I hope the next one to join is a female myself, its been a while since we've had a new female on the crew, I'd like it if Camie joined or the Princess but that'd be a hard one to have.

Now onto manga spoilers..

This was another fun chapter, I've really been enjoying this saga. Things have really been setting up, kind of got a hint as to how Luffy will destroy the Islad and who may join the crew, actually we've been given a couple of hints on different characters. I can't wait for next weeks chapter, seems the forest is a graveyard, me thinks the princess wants to see her mother I bet. I'd LOL If that one guy fights Luffy over the princess {Forget his name sorry} He's in love with her though in a creepy way too. Poor Luffy I could see caught in the middle of it, he wouldn't even want her LOL And if she does end up falling for him oiXD

thedestinedblade
February 16th, 2011, 12:51 PM
From what I gathered from this week's chapter spoilers:

It does look like they're setting up for a tragic flashback involving the Princess' mother who was assassinated. I think it's obvious she wanted to go the Sea Forest to visit her mother's grave. Jinbei will probably be the one to tell Luffy the story.

And Decken's right hand has been locked on the Princess for 10 years!

I'll write more once I read the chapter.

PearlShipper4Life
February 16th, 2011, 02:16 PM
From what I gathered from this week's chapter spoilers:

It does look like they're setting up for a tragic flashback involving the Princess' mother who was assassinated. I think it's obvious she wanted to go the Sea Forest to visit her mother's grave. Jinbei will probably be the one to tell Luffy the story.

And Decken's right hand has been locked on the Princess for 10 years!

I'll write more once I read the chapter.

I bet you Jinbei will want Luffy to take the Princess with himXD
Yes Decken {Is it?} Is very creepy, I feel bad for her for having such a fan boy after her, on top of that she has Sanji and Brook to deal with blah.

thedestinedblade
February 17th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Now that the chapter's out:

Most of the chapter was spent in the flashback with Hachi and New Fishman Pirates. It was pretty informative as they mentioned looking up to Arlong, which explains why Hodi wants revenge against Luffy. Next week will probably be Jinbei telling Luffy the story of the Princess' mother, and explaining in the letter why he asked Luffy not fight them. Still haven't seen anything of Robin and Franky though.

VarimathraS
February 17th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Joinage. My favourite character is Zoro.:)

PearlShipper4Life
February 17th, 2011, 08:29 PM

Welcome to the club, great to see another One Piece fan :cool:

Yah the chapter just got released so cool I agree with you Icebloom

Jinbei will tell Luffy not to fight but he won't listen bahaha Hodi I like his reasons for wanting revenge on Luffy, so cool. I bet you Luffy won't even remember ArlongXD He always seems to forget his enemies, well Crocodile was one thing though that's cuz he keeps coming back for some reason or another LOL. I feel bad for the Princess, stupid Decken keeping her locked in like that so she couldn't see her mothers grave, I hate Decken, stupid pervert needs to get destroyed by Luffy. So the way I see it, is Luffy will take down two of them at different times or the same, either way will be an epic fight!

thedestinedblade
February 17th, 2011, 09:51 PM
:laugh: I don't like Decken either. Luffy will deal with Decken probably just because of the Princess. Hodi, I'm not sure of. I find it hard to believe he's any stronger than Arlong without taking those drugs he uses. I wonder how Decken managed to touch the Princess in the first place? 10 years without washing your hands is a bit much, lol.

PearlShipper4Life
February 17th, 2011, 11:24 PM
:laugh: I don't like Decken either. Luffy will deal with Decken probably just because of the Princess. Hodi, I'm not sure of. I find it hard to believe he's any stronger than Arlong without taking those drugs he uses. I wonder how Decken managed to touch the Princess in the first place? 10 years without washing your hands is a bit much, lol.

Yah I know poor Luffy getting caught in the mess, just trys to take the poor girl to where she really wants to go. Little does he know is there's this weirdo fan boy looking for her, hey'll likely get caught in a love triangle without knowing LOLz. Yah not washing your hands that long is gross, reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons when Bart said he'd never wash his hands again after well yuck LOL, so yah can't imagine it. I don't think Hodi's stronger than Arlong either, Arlong has been around a lot longer LOL Hodi thinks he's stronger than him he's insane. So Luffy should be able to kick that guys butt if he defeated Arlong

PearlShipper4Life
February 19th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Did any one see tonights episode? Shanks and Garp were freakin awesome.

angel
February 19th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Hey One Piece fans. ^^ I was just wondering, who is the important person to Nami that was killed by a pirate? Where I'm reading, she jsut mentioned it. I jsut wanted to know. Thanks. ^^

thedestinedblade
February 19th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Hey One Piece fans. ^^ I was just wondering, who is the important person to Nami that was killed by a pirate? Where I'm reading, she jsut mentioned it. I jsut wanted to know. Thanks. ^^

The only person that comes to mind is Bellemere, her adoptive mother. She was killed by Arlong, leader of the Fishman Pirates.

angel
February 19th, 2011, 09:46 PM
The only person that comes to mind is Bellemere, her adoptive mother. She was killed by Arlong, leader of the Fishman Pirates.

Ah. Alright. Thank you. ^^

thedestinedblade
February 19th, 2011, 09:59 PM
As for today's episode:

They really, really stretched it out. Nothing really happened the first half of the episode. Still, Coby's speech still gave me chills like when I first read it in the manga. Shanks showing up was awesome of course. I believe there's no episode next week, so we'll have to wait till March to see the war finally come to an end.

PearlShipper4Life
February 19th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Oh yah there's no new episode next week for sure, at least we have the new chapter though I was tolled there would be. Yah I agree with you about Coby filler, don't know why they added that stuff at least the Buggy filler was funny at times oh well at least it had meaning I guess. Yah Shanks was awesome again, love that guy my second favorite character.

Zameric
February 21st, 2011, 10:23 AM
Sorry that I haven't been able to get on in a while.
Should be more active this week though.

I'll watch the new anime episode in a little while.
Can't wait for the next arc to start in the dubs! 8D

Well hello again VarimathraS. Are you stalking me? ;p
I like Zoro too. I hope he gets to have a cools sword fight sometime in the near future.

I think they were called the Arlong Pirates, but whatever. ;p

thedestinedblade
February 21st, 2011, 11:03 AM
I think they were called the Arlong Pirates, but whatever. ;p

You're right. Current chapters in the manga confused me. ;)

Zameric
February 21st, 2011, 01:31 PM
Anime 488
Eh, not one of the greatest episodes, but it had it's moments.
I didn't like how 1/3 to 1/2 of it was just Coby crying. >.>
Though it was pretty damn courageous of him to stand in Akainu's way.
But they even messed that up with his face.
Blackbeard using his new found powers was pretty bad-***. :D
Bepo was hilarious. He'd be a perfect fight on Luffy's crew. xD
And like in the manga, we're teased with the appearance of the Red-Hair Pirates.
I heard that the next episode won't be out for two weeks. :/

Hey guys, I was thinking of posting my pirate persona.
Anyone interested, or should I just not bother? xD

PearlShipper4Life
February 21st, 2011, 11:28 PM
Hey guys lets talk about Gear 4 for a moment here, think will get that in the next arc? I heard we might wouldn't that be epic?! :)

edit;

Yes, its true no new episode for 2 weeks sucks but I think its the last episode of the War so understandable. Like I said, least we have the new chapter to look forward to.

VarimathraS
February 22nd, 2011, 05:38 AM
Well hello again VarimathraS. Are you stalking me? ;p
I like Zoro too. I hope he gets to have a cools sword fight sometime in the near future.

Yes I am a Stalker!!!!1111. Yeah you can't hate zoro he is to awesome. :)

thedestinedblade
February 23rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Spoilers for this week's chapter are out.

It's looks it setting up for Zoro to end up fighting Hodi/Hody. Hopefully Sanji isn't left out of a good fight as usual. :/ We finally got to see Franky and Robin again, and it seemed both have arrived where Luffy and the Princess are currently heading. This was more of a set-up chapter. Nothing of Luffy was shown, and it looks like there might a bigger enemy behind all this.

PearlShipper4Life
February 23rd, 2011, 12:21 PM
Yah but next weeks chapter looks to be Luffy V.S Decken at least however I do think Hodi will end up fighting him in the end too due to the message. Your right, it does look like some one much bigger is behind this I had that theory myself I hope its true cuz Luffy needs more to do this saga. IF there is some one behind pulling the strings than Luffy gets to fight Decken and the boss. It'd cool if it was like Thriller Park and Luffy was with Franky and Robin while the rest of the team was heading that way but did other things. Than we could see two teams the entire saga till we reach the end maybe?? That'd be awesome. I loved how Neptune figured out Luffy's idea that was LOL He has the same mind as himXD I hope they get along once they meet, that'd be freakin funny. Over all, good chapter and it was nice to see what happened with Franky and Robin, been a while. Oh yah Sanji, hope he gets some one to fight as well, that'd suck if he didn't, he's been kind of left in the dark with all of this. Than again so has Luffy, but I think he's about to find out what's going on next weeks chapter.

Zameric
February 24th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Manga 616
Was a bit surprised to see Rika on the cover page. :)
At first, I didn't understand how all those sea beast were flying in the sky like that. xD
Glad that Robin's okay. Sounds like she's going on a treasure hunt.
I agree with Zoro's logic, not reall people you should have tea with. xD
Den's one of the more attractive fishman I've seen so for. XD
Most are weird looking or just kind of ugly.
I had no idea they were standing that close to Jinbe. o.0
Well, looks like some fights are gonna start in the next chapter.
I wonder who will start first.

Here is my pirate persona, in case anyone is interested.
Please let me know what you think.
Name; Gebrinius Hermes

Epithet; Quicksilver, Felt Hat

Bounty; 216,000,000 Beli

Age; 21

Home Sea; Grand Line

Affiliations; Quicksilver Pirates

Appearance; Hermes is a slender and muscular man; standing about 5’11” (180cm). Blue eyes, silver goatee, and silver colored wavy hair that extends a few inches below his shoulders. Hermes has a black fedora hat, which serves as one of his trademarks. His clothing consists of a gray dress shirt, black slacks and black leather dress shoes. Tattooed on his right hand is the symbol for the planet/element Mercury.

Personality; Hermes is usually a calm and collected person. He tends to be sarcastic to others if they are annoying him though. Hermes has great respect for his crew mates and will do everything possible to keep them from harm if in danger. He is willing to make friends with other pirates if he gets a good vibe from them, but he does understand that they are still his rivals. Hermes hates marines who believe in absolute justice and will show them no mercy. But as a former marine, he is sometimes conflicted about his path.

History; Hermes was the son of a Marine officer and aspired to be just like his dad growing up. Since his father was a Rear Admiral, Hermes was able to meet several high profile people; including a few Vice-Admirals and some Cipher Pol agents. Hermes went through training to become a marine, starting at age 15. He climbed up the ranks fast, because of his father’s connections and his early skills with Haki and Rokushiki. Hermes eventually achieved the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade.

When he was 18, Hermes’ father was killed by a Vice-Admiral while protecting two citizens suspected of aiding a pirate; his father was the only one who knew they were not. Hermes was not told which Vice-Admiral killed his father, and he couldn’t get a straight answer from any of his father’s friends. Hermes trust of the Marines, and the World Government, had been shattered. He rebelled by stealing the Silver-Silver Devil Fruit and running off with a standard marine ship (not the ones used at Marineford) in the middle of the night.

Jolly Roger; Hermes' Jolly Roger is a silvery skull and cross bones wearing a fedora hat.

Abilities; Rukoshiki: While his training was not completed, Hermes is proficient in some techniques.

Finger Pistol (Shigan): Hermes can use the standard Finger Pistol technique, as well as a flicking variation similar to Rob Lucci.
Shave (Soru): Hermes has mastered the fundamentals of the Shave technique.
Iron Body (Tekkai): Hermes has mastered the fundamentals of the Iron Body technique.

Haki: Hermes’ Haki abilities awakened during his time as a Marine. Although he has not fully mastered them, his is still proficient.

Kenbunshoku (Color of Observation): Hermes is well versed in this form of Haki and is the form he uses more.
Busoshoku (Color of Armaments): Hermes skill in this form is still basic and he does not use it as often.

Devil Fruit: Silver-Silver Fruit (Gin Gin no Mi)
The Silver-Silver Fruit is a Paramecia class devil fruit with the ability to allow the user to create and manipulate a silvery metallic substance. A side effect of the ability allows the user to detect changes in temperature, atmospheric pressure, and blood pressure.

Heavy Metal (ヘビー メタル, Hebī Metaru): The user launches a liquid stream of the substance to infect the enemy and to cause death by heavy metal poisoning.
Mercury Blade (水銀 ブレード, Suigin Burēdo): The user forms metallic blades on a limb. Capable of inflicting heavy metal poisoning on the person cut. Hermes can use Iron Body to increase strength and sharpness; but is vulnerable to counter attacks if he misses.
Mirror Armor (ミラー 鎧, Mirā Yoroi): Hermes’ body or part of his body can turn metallic to reflect beam based attacks. It can also be use as a regular mirror.
Metal Eater (メタル イーター, Metaru Ītā): Hermes can use the substance generated by the fruit’s powers to dissolve most any metal, except for Iron.
Silver Bullet (銀 銃弾, Gin Jūdan): Hermes uses Finger Pistol to fire metallic bullets by flicking his fingers.
Heavy Metal Injection (ヘビー メタル 注射, Hebī Metaru Chūsha): Hermes uses the standard Finger Pistol to stab opponents, he then secretes the metallic substance into their body.
Silver Statue (銀像, Gin-zō): The user covers their body in the metallic substance while using Iron Body to harden themselves. The added hardened substance doubles the damage absorption.

The only special weakness of the Silver-Silver Fruit is that Iron has a resistance to some of its abilities.

thedestinedblade
February 25th, 2011, 09:31 AM
^You put a lot of thought into that. Interesting backstory, and the Silver-Silver would be a pretty sweet devil fruit ability.

angel
February 25th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Wow. Nicely done Zameric. I like the fact that he was high up with the Marines. Why would Marines have Devil Fruits? Tsk. They are probally trying to use them against the pirates.

Zameric
February 25th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Haha, thanks for the comments you guys. :)
Complimenting me won't make me happy, you jerks. 8D

Wow. Nicely done Zameric. I like the fact that he was high up with the Marines. Why would Marines have Devil Fruits? Tsk. They are probally trying to use them against the pirates.
Well, several high up Marines have eaten Devil Fruit. I figured they probably have some in storage to keep in reserve and/or keep away from pirates.

PearlShipper4Life
February 25th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I agree with every one good job Zameric. I have a question guys

Do you think Luffy will fight Hodi at the end of the saga?

thedestinedblade
February 26th, 2011, 08:03 AM
PearlShipper4Life;6479530]
Do you think Luffy will fight Hodi at the end of the saga?

Why do you ask? It doesn't even look like Hodi will make it to end of the saga by the last chapter. I know he wants revenge for the whole Arlong thing, but he seems like just a setup to someone a lot bigger.

PearlShipper4Life
February 26th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Why do you ask? It doesn't even look like Hodi will make it to end of the saga by the last chapter. I know he wants revenge for the whole Arlong thing, but he seems like just a setup to someone a lot bigger.

I just think it'd be silly for them to put in Jembei to say not to fight Hodi if they really aren't going to fight. I call that forshadowing, however it'd be pretty cool if there was some one behind every thing.

thedestinedblade
February 26th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I just think it'd be silly for them to put in Jembei to say not to fight Hodi if they really aren't going to fight. I call that forshadowing, however it'd be pretty cool if there was some one behind every thing.

Well, I think there's something more to Jinbei's word. Something we don't know about Hodi yet. We know he was a talented soldier in the Neptune army, but there's gotta be more than that.

PearlShipper4Life
February 26th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Well, I think there's something more to Jinbei's word. Something we don't know about Hodi yet. We know he was a talented soldier in the Neptune army, but there's gotta be more than that.

Oooh You mean maybe

Well you'd think Jembei would know Luffy better though, asking Luffy not do to some thing is like asking for snow in LAXD If its forbidden to him hey'll want to do it. After being with Luffy the entire you'd think he'd know not to say that. I just don't know, normally the show adds those type of things to forshadow fights, awe well. I wonder how Luffy would hanndle against the guy?

PearlShipper4Life
March 2nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
No new Chapter this week sadly and that sucks cuz it was getting really good. At least there's a new episode :)

thedestinedblade
March 2nd, 2011, 10:34 PM
Yeah. D: No episode last week, and no chapter this week.

PearlShipper4Life
March 6th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Hopefully next week will have a new episode and a new chapter =]

Yesterday new episode aired, Shanks continues to be an awesome character. He's one of my favorites, I liked his interactions with Buggy, that was funny. I liked how he talked about Luffy and wanting to see him again but can't cuz he's waiting for him to be a great pirate. The ending to the War was great, I LOL'd at BlackBeard for not wanting to take on Shanks and his crew yet. I bet the finale fight will be Shanks crew V.S BlackBeard's crew, than BlackBeards crew cheats or some thing to get Shanks crew down. Than Luffy and his crew show up with more new moves and stuff and help them, finally defeat BlackBeard and get revenge for what happened to his brother. Though to tell you the truth, I'm hopping he defeats BlackBeard sooner than that but yah. Next weeks episode looks exciting, Kidd returns with his creepy evil smileXD

thedestinedblade
March 7th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Finally the war ends! :knockedou Shanks' crew looks pretty badass. They're still saving to show Shanks actually fighting ability for later on. Oda is just teasing us for now.

I haven't seen the preview for the next episode; what'd it show?

PearlShipper4Life
March 7th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Yah I can see them showing what Shanks knows for some thing the last, still what he did now was impressive. The preview showed all the Supernova's from the chapter I think they'll give a reaction what happened.

Zameric
March 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Anime 489
I love how bad-ass Shanks is in this episode!
He practically ends the war by just showing up and giving everyone the stink eye. xD

Aokiji and Kizaru were pretty cool too, though.

I think there's only a couple more episodes before the Sabo arc.
Then I'm hoping for some Straw Hat Crew Adventures episodes. :p

Anime 192
I love this episode! 8D
Luffy destroys the giant Zap Cannon thunder ball.
But I'm not sure he knew the physics behind what he did. xD
Then Eneru become a tubby-raijin. But that doesn't stop Luffy.
He just shoots him with a giant golden bullet and rings the bell!
But I didn't like where the episode cut off. :/

PearlShipper4Life
March 9th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Any one check out the new chapter today?

It was pretty good

Luffy gets together with Sanji/Chopper funny enough, now the question here is, who will fight Decken? Will it be like Skypiea? Where Luffy/Sanji team up to take Decken down? Or will one go after the creep who stole the mermaids, while one stays behind to take Decken down? Than we have Zoro dealing with Hodi, I still have a feeling that Luffy will fight him in the end but that's me, unless there really is some one behind the scenes? It was a good chapter, can't wait till the battles really get going.

Zameric
March 14th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Just to let you guys know, I won't be on much this week.
I'm going to California for Spring Break, to visit relatives.
I'll be staying in a hotel and I don't know how much internet access I'll have.

Manga 617
I think Zoro's fight with Hordy will be very interesting.
Hordy's strength and speed are multiplied while underwater, plus his Energy Steroids.
But Zoro's also gotten stronger, with training under Mihawk for two years and all that.

I hope Luffy doesn't get into too much trouble, because now it really seems like he kidnapped the princess.
Maybe she'll be able to straighten things out before he's chased off by the Ryuuguu Kindgom residents.

And for Sanji's sake, that's all hope he doesn't turn around an get another nosebleed! xD

I wonder who Decken's going to fight.
Maybe the three Strawhats by the princess?
Or maybe just one or two while the other(s) take the princess to safety?
If Luffy learns Decken was the one who injured Hachi, he's gonna be pissed.
This will be a really interesting battle.

The Ice Type
March 14th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Ooh~ One Piece! Sweet! I'mma join this group cause discussions look like fun :3

Mm'kay, so, my favorite chara is Nico Robin. I love her character design, especially after the timeskip. Enies Lobby gave her a really kickass outfit, and her background is sad but it bring out the kind of character she is, which is what I'm drawn to. Her ability is pretty useful and not many can stand against it, plus now that she's grown I would love to see how much her skills have changed. I've always loved how she has an interest in the Lost History, so I can picture her as quite a history buff :3

My favorite arcs are Alabasta and Enies Lobby, though I especially liked the beginning arcs where there was always something important to be protected. That's a great way to start out a series.

PearlShipper4Life
March 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Welcome The Ice Type, great to see a new One Piece fan here, Robin's an awesome character too, she's my favorite female character on the series. Those are great arcs :)

Chapter 618 came out today, didn't think spoilers would be out this early but they are.

Sanji takes a chance and looks at the mermaid princess and turns to stone LOL. That guy truley is a pervert, poor guy got turned to stone by Hancock and now the mermaid princess wow just wow. Luffy fought Decken and pawned him in a second, guy was screwed the moment he went after the mermaid princess bahaha mean-while poor sanji is left to stone and Chopper is dealing with the mob LOL. I wonder if Luffy will run into the guy who stole the mermaids too on the way? Sure why not. Nami/Camie are up to some thing themselves ooh what are they going to do? I wonder if Camie really will be the one to join? So what if she's weak, Nami's weak too don't see people caring about that. So over all great chapter and I still don't see Zoro V.S Hodi lasting long, I think Hodi will either fight Luffy in the end or Jembei due to the message, why else is it there?

A Pixy
March 15th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Robin needs to have a more dynamic fight. The only 1 on 1 fight I can recall her having was against Pell waaaaaaaaaay back in Alabasta. And that fight was conlcuded the way she ends every fight. Seis Fleurs... CLUTCH!

Fight over.

Also, if I had to list arcs:

1. Enies Lobby Arc/Arlong Arc
2. Impel Down Arc
3. Marineford Arc
4. Alabasta Arc
5. Thriller Bark Arc

Sagas:

1. Water 7 (CP9, World Government)
2. Paramount War (Whitebeard War)
3. Baroque Works (Alabasta)
4. Thriller Bark (Part of the Paramount War? The ending, maybe. But not much)
5. East Blue

Although, if I could combine Episode 0, the Little East Arc and Strong World into one saga (they are all canon) and call it the 'Shiki the Golden Lion Saga' or 'Strong World Saga' it would be tied with Water 7.

thedestinedblade
March 15th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Welcome The Ice Type, great to see a new One Piece fan here, Robin's an awesome character too, she's my favorite female character on the series. Those are great arcs :)

Chapter 618 came out today, didn't think spoilers would be out this early but they are.

Sanji takes a chance and looks at the mermaid princess and turns to stone LOL. That guy truley is a pervert, poor guy got turned to stone by Hancock and now the mermaid princess wow just wow. Luffy fought Decken and pawned him in a second, guy was screwed the moment he went after the mermaid princess bahaha mean-while poor sanji is left to stone and Chopper is dealing with the mob LOL. I wonder if Luffy will run into the guy who stole the mermaids too on the way? Sure why not. Nami/Camie are up to some thing themselves ooh what are they going to do? I wonder if Camie really will be the one to join? So what if she's weak, Nami's weak too don't see people caring about that. So over all great chapter and I still don't see Zoro V.S Hodi lasting long, I think Hodi will either fight Luffy in the end or Jembei due to the message, why else is it there?

I'm surprised to see that there's actually spoilers this week. I thought because of the earthquake/tsunami we wouldn't have any One Piece for awhile (understandably) This chapter was probably was already finished before the disaster struck.

Stone? Really? :/ I hope this isn't recurring for Sanji. Either way, Luffy dealt with Decken rather easily, but he's not out yet as it said he went after Luffy and the Princess who ran towards the forest (where Jinbei is) Zoro's taking care of Hodi without much trouble, but you know he's gonna overdose on the steroid, which might give Zoro at least some trouble. Hard to see where this is going really. Hoping for a nice suprise

PearlShipper4Life
March 15th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I'm surprised to see that there's actually spoilers this week. I thought because of the earthquake/tsunami we wouldn't have any One Piece for awhile (understandably) This chapter was probably was already finished before the disaster struck.

Stone? Really? :/ I hope this isn't recurring for Sanji. Either way, Luffy dealt with Decken rather easily, but he's not out yet as it said he went after Luffy and the Princess who ran towards the forest (where Jinbei is) Zoro's taking care of Hodi without much trouble, but you know he's gonna overdose on the steroid, which might give Zoro at least some trouble. Hard to see where this is going really. Hoping for a nice suprise

Yah, the episode was right after the earthquake/Tsunami so yah but I'm pretty sure will get one this weekend. I was shocked too that we got spoilers, on top of that they were early still awesome!

It does seem to be a running gag for Sanji now, poor guy Oda seems to love picking on himXD I can already picture the ending for him of this arc and it is not pretty LOL. I must have missed the part where it said Decken ran after Luffy and the princess, revenge? I'm sure Luffy will take care of him again, what a creep! Maybe that's how the place gets destroyed? I still don't see the battle between Zoro and Hodi going any where.

THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY! do you think Robin will fight in the new arc?

PearlShipper4Life
March 17th, 2011, 09:24 PM
New episode is confirmed for this weekend just saying this for the fans, enjoy. I'm really looking forward to..

Seeing Kidd again and Luffy's/Hancock's interactionsXD

PearlShipper4Life
March 19th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Todays episode was great, animation and music was nice and you got to see some Supernova's. I can't wait for next weeks episode, Luffy wakes up. No chapter next week, at least its not too long of a wait, I can't wait to see the out come.

Zameric
March 20th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I don't think Hordy is done for yet either, but I'm Zoro will ultimately win.
A more challenging fight for Zoro would be more interesting though.

It does seem to be a running gag for Sanji now, poor guy Oda seems to love picking on himXD I can already picture the ending for him of this arc and it is not pretty LOL. I must have missed the part where it said Decken ran after Luffy and the princess, revenge? I'm sure Luffy will take care of him again, what a creep! Maybe that's how the place gets destroyed? I still don't see the battle between Zoro and Hodi going any where.
I don't know, think Zoro vs. Hordy could probably go on for a little while longer.

Although, if I could combine Episode 0, the Little East Arc and Strong World into one saga (they are all canon) and call it the 'Shiki the Golden Lion Saga' or 'Strong World Saga' it would be tied with Water 7.
I was kind of hoping to watch that when the dub came out. But I doesn't seem like that is going to happen. Anyone know a good place to watch it online?

Todays episode was great, animation and music was nice and you got to see some Supernova's. I can't wait for next weeks episode, Luffy wakes up. No chapter next week, at least its not too long of a wait, I can't wait to see the out come.
They're talking forever to get to the Sabo arc. I think I might just skip it, except for a few episodes... >.>

thedestinedblade
March 20th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Well, this week's episode was merely a transition. Best part of the episode was near the end with the interaction between Jinbei, Hancock, and Law. Most of the world appears to be ignorant to what Whitebeard's death really means.

PearlShipper4Life
March 22nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
Why skip the filler arc? It gives good info on Luffy oh wells not every one is a fan of that one I know. I agree the interaction between Hancock/Law/Jembei were great. Oi I don't know if I'll be able to hanndle next weeks episode, its hard watching Luffy depressed like that :(

edit;

I agree Icebloom people in that world have no idea what it means now that WhiteBeard is gone and BlackBeard has his power. Did they forget what happeened with BlackBeard?

Alakazam17
March 25th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Ooh~ One Piece! Sweet! I'mma join this group cause discussions look like fun :3

Mm'kay, so, my favorite chara is Nico Robin. I love her character design, especially after the timeskip. Enies Lobby gave her a really kickass outfit, and her background is sad but it bring out the kind of character she is, which is what I'm drawn to. Her ability is pretty useful and not many can stand against it, plus now that she's grown I would love to see how much her skills have changed. I've always loved how she has an interest in the Lost History, so I can picture her as quite a history buff :3

My favorite arcs are Alabasta and Enies Lobby, though I especially liked the beginning arcs where there was always something important to be protected. That's a great way to start out a series.I agree with everything you just said! *high fives* Welcome to the club! :D

I think they'll get the fillers in there eventually, I'm just thinking they'll show the other Strawhats' adventures first. But I could be wrong. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing everyone reunited in the anime again. ^_^

Alternative
March 26th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Eh, I've been watching it lately, and it's okay. I kinda skipped the Thriller Bark arc, because I found it to be boring, and I didn't have motivation to watch it at all. I mean I know what happens and everything, like Luffy beating up Gecko Moriah and stuff, with more stuff happening to Bartholomew Kuma with Zoro or something so I skipped it. Right now I'm watching the Sabaody Archipelago arc I think it is, or at least where they're flown to other places, and just up to Luffy on his way to Impel Down.

Also, I wonder how much Luffy x Boa Hammock Hancock shipping there is?

Zameric
March 26th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Why skip the filler arc? It gives good info on Luffy oh wells not every one is a fan of that one I know. I agree the interaction between Hancock/Law/Jembei were great. Oi I don't know if I'll be able to hanndle next weeks episode, its hard watching Luffy depressed like that :(

edit;

I agree Icebloom people in that world have no idea what it means now that WhiteBeard is gone and BlackBeard has his power. Did they forget what happeened with BlackBeard?
Umm, not really a filler arc. It's more of a flashback, but It feels like filler. >.<

Well, the World Government is going more with the ignorance is bliss approach to this.
They figure that it's better to cover up that fact and not have world-wide panic/fear.
It's like in the real world where we have world communication with the internet.
I'm sure it will come to bite them in the butt later on though. :/
Too bad the World Government doesn't have CP9 anymore.

Also, I wonder how much Luffy x Boa Hammock Hancock shipping there is?

Oh-hohoho, about as much IchiRuki, if not more. :p

PearlShipper4Life
March 27th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Ooh There's a lot of HancockxLuffy shipping from Amazon Lilly arc to the War arc to now. I've become a shipper of them and is trying to decide if I should change my avatar to a LuffyxHancock one LOL. Last nights episode was a good one, poor Luffy felt really bad for the guy you saw how much pain he was in. Poor Hancock you saw how much in love with Luffy she was inXD LOL The bear on Law's team pretty funny, maybe some day his dream will come true :( Man the woman on the island did not like Law and his team at all. Next weeks episode is the crossover episode, don't know if there will be two episodes. At least we have a manga chapter to look forward to.

Zameric
March 27th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Next weeks episode is the crossover episode, don't know if there will be two episodes. At least we have a manga chapter to look forward to.
Crossover episode...what do you mean by that?
I thought next would be that start of the Sabo arc.

Also, it kind of surprises me how little people use spoilers here.
Not a bad thing I guess, just something I'm not used to. xD

Anime 491
Pretty emotional episode here. I think they added some stuff that wasn't in the manga. But it's good additions. Seeing Hancock so love sick is always funny to watch. She's just like some school girl. xD Then I feel bad for Luffy and how much he's suffering. They extended his rampage scene in the anime, and made it even more hectic. Scared me a bit when he threw that huge boulder. o.0 Oh yeah, and we see the effects of Whitebeard's death on the rest of the world. I wonder what it's like after the two years.

PearlShipper4Life
March 27th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Crossover episode...what do you mean by that?
I thought next would be that start of the Sabo arc.

Also, it kind of surprises me how little people use spoilers here.
Not a bad thing I guess, just something I'm not used to. xD

Anime 491
Pretty emotional episode here. I think they added some stuff that wasn't in the manga. But it's good additions. Seeing Hancock so love sick is always funny to watch. She's just like some school girl. xD Then I feel bad for Luffy and how much he's suffering. They extended his rampage scene in the anime, and made it even more hectic. Scared me a bit when he threw that huge boulder. o.0 Oh yeah, and we see the effects of Whitebeard's death on the rest of the world. I wonder what it's like after the two years.

I think we could have two episodes next week, crossover episode and the start of that arc. I mean its both series not just One Piece so. Awe crap your right I forgot to add the spoiler thing around my post, I'll fix itXD People have no idea what there in for, they were afraid of WhiteBeard wait till they see BlackBeard in action!

Alternative
March 28th, 2011, 03:19 AM
I love all this stuff with Luffy and Hancock, really I do. I mean, you can tell that Hancock is very much in love with Luffy, and he's just oblivious to the fact that she loves him. It's like it's just a part of her nature and he thinks that's normal. I also liked all those parts when he calls her "Hammock". XD;

thedestinedblade
March 28th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Yeah, romance is pretty much nonexistent in One Piece, so despite finding her annoying at times, Hancock is certainly a breath of fresh air.

Alakazam17
March 29th, 2011, 04:08 AM
I don't know if this was mentioned specifically or not, but perhaps the nonexistant romance was restricted to just StrawhatxStrawhat pairings. XD

I do think Hancock's musings over Luffy are cute, albeit exaggerated. If I can't have my RobinxZoro, this is an awesome substitution. Though if Hancock can lay off on the obsessive fangirling, and Luffy can lay off on the ignorance(or maybe not), it'd be better.

PearlShipper4Life
March 29th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Oh yah you can see Hancock loves Luffy for sure, always risking her life for him. I'm hopping her dream about marrying Luffy comes true, course after maybe Luffy gets the One Piece. I don't want her heart to be broken *Awe*

Zameric
March 31st, 2011, 03:34 PM
Manga 619
The cover story was cute. Haven't seen those two in a long time.

Neptune's water Kamehameha Merman Combat really interests me.
I'm wondering who else can use this combat form and what other moves might be.

I figured that Hordy wouldn't be defeated just yet. This is gonna be a good fight.

I lawled hard at Luffy's idiocy and Jinbe freaking out! XD
Sanji's back to normal, glad that's over with.

What's this about "Vander Decken's Poison Fang"?

I knew that Arlong had at least an indirect connection with Jinbe.
But this almost sounds like Jinbe personally sent him to go to the East Blue. o.0

Alternative
April 1st, 2011, 11:43 PM
I just finished the Impel Down arc, and it was pretty good. Magellan seemed like a tough and formiddable foe, and I like how they brang Mister Three and Bon Kurei back into it, along with Crocodile, Buggy the Clown and Mister One. I also really did like the Okama Queen, Iva-sama, which was kinda cool I guess. I'm also liking Inazuma who seems really cool, being able to do anything, and hold a wine glass with elegance. :)

PearlShipper4Life
April 4th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Well I guess I can't double post here dang it! Ok, so I'll give a review on 619 a bit and talk about the crossover episode that aired this weekend.

First the episode was pretty good, I enjoyed it and love how Luffy's other dream came true. Come on you just know it was to have an island full of meatXD

Now the chapter

Let me say, its glad that the old Sanji we know and love is back while its still annoying that he'd flirt with every girl and put Nami and Robin over the captain. At least Sanji won't have nose bleeds and turn to stone now. Hopefully we get to see the guy in action and kick the crap out of whoever will be facing him. Decken V.S Luffy will hopefully end with Luffy defeating him, guy keeps trying to kill him I feel its only right for Luffy to be the one to take him down. Mermaid Princess, not sure what kind of relationship she has with Luffy, kind of hard to tell if she likes likes him or not. Zoro and the others getting caught, will Luffy's group go to save Zoro's group? Or will Zoro's group just break out while Luffy's group maybe fights Hodi??? Just some idea's here, can't wait to see how it all plays out. Over all fun chapter and King Neptune is pretty cool.

Won't be a chapter next week speaking of which, there will be one the next though. Can't wait to see what happens!

Alternative
April 5th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Eh, I don't read the Manga, and I haven't even finished catching up with the anime yet, but I'm really close! I only got like, ten more episodes to go until I've caught up. After then, I'll probably re-visit some older episodes which I didn't watch because they bored me, or just for teh lulz, like the second lot of what the Strawhats are up to after the Sabaody Archipelago arc, or the episode right before Zoro and Usopp fight Kaku and Jyabura. Enel God that episode made me lol so hard. :D

Maybe Thriller Bark, since I skipped that arc completely. :L

PearlShipper4Life
April 6th, 2011, 03:49 PM
So your in the War arc than? cuz that's where the anime is, well its done actually and we are now in the LuffyxAce flashbacks arc. It will be sad to watch, knowing the fate of Ace.

Ok, so Chapter 620 is out now folks

Zoro gets no air till the flashbacks are over, sorry ZoroXD I really enjoyed this one though, the scene of Luffy drinking the tea was classic it gave me a good laugh LOL. Sanji finally back to being the Sanji we know is great to see, I liked seeing him serious like that again. Villains team up maybe? Creepy stealing mermaid guy/Decken?? Or they just attack at once and Luffy/Sanji team up?? I don't know who will be fighting who, its any one guess here. I can't wait for the rest of the flashback next week. Over all a good chapter.

Now, back to the anime LOL.

.EJ
April 6th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Eh, I don't read the Manga, and I haven't even finished catching up with the anime yet, but I'm really close! I only got like, ten more episodes to go until I've caught up. After then, I'll probably re-visit some older episodes which I didn't watch because they bored me, or just for teh lulz, like the second lot of what the Strawhats are up to after the Sabaody Archipelago arc, or the episode right before Zoro and Usopp fight Kaku and Jyabura. Enel God that episode made me lol so hard. :D

Maybe Thriller Bark, since I skipped that arc completely. :L

you skipped Thriller Bark? :G

It was boring at first but it picks up.

oh yea, sign me up for this club. :V

Alternative
April 6th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I'm in the Marineford arc. I think after that when Red-hair appears and demands a stop to the war, is really when the Post-war arc starts, and then after that, it's all over, until the two-year time skip. I can't wait for that to be honest. I wanna see rock star Brook. :3

Yeah I did. I just found it boring, and I wasn't really motivated when I was watching it myself. I would struggle to even watch one episode in a day. Maybe I was constantly hit by Perona's ghosts when watching it? :P

.EJ
April 6th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I'm waiting on that skip~

I haven't seen any of the pictures for the crew after the skip except for Franky (looks ridiculous). So yeah I don't read the manga.

Alternative
April 6th, 2011, 04:31 PM
As far as I know, there aren't really many changes, except for Franky being a giant now, essentially, and Nami having longer hair. I just wanna see Brook as he is then an international rockstar. :3

.EJ
April 6th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Hahahaha it should be pretty rad.

This week's episode was a crossover right? I didn't bother with it.

PearlShipper4Life
April 6th, 2011, 06:13 PM

See I liked the Thriller Bark club from the start, it had loads of humor in it, than the action picks up more so later on. It remains one of my favorite arcs to this day. Welcome EJ!

Yah Time Skip should be soon, team being together again will be fun.

You didn't watch the crossover? Meh I don't think there's subs for that any ways yet, I watched it without themXD

.EJ
April 6th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Exactly I couldn't find a subbed version. watchop has the Raw hahaha

My favorite arc to this day is still Alabasta...idk why but i loved it. Water 7 comes in at a close 2nd.

thedestinedblade
April 6th, 2011, 07:23 PM
For the few here who read the manga, the spoilers are out. (620)

Pretty sweet chapter. Even some flashbacks from Nami suffering under Arlong. We finally got to see Fisher Tiger, and a younger Arlong and Jinbei. A lot of things said this chapter were already known, but I guess they needed to be reiterated because of the New Fishman Pirates.

Alternative
April 6th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I'm pretty sure watchop have the subbed version now. Well, it says they do now, which is good. I'm looking forward to the Post-War Arc, but I'm unsure on it, since it's most like going to be just flashbacks on Luffy's past with Ace, and more updates on what's happened to the Straw Hats during the commotion at Marineford. I'm looking forward to what Robin's been up to, with all that Revolutionary Army stuff at that bridge. :)

.EJ
April 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM
To be honest when I saw that they were all spread apart I got depressed. The sudden realization that it was gonna take forever for them to get out of their situation hit me xD.

PearlShipper4Life
April 7th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Exactly I couldn't find a subbed version. watchop has the Raw hahaha

My favorite arc to this day is still Alabasta...idk why but i loved it. Water 7 comes in at a close 2nd.

Alabasta arc was good, it had Luffy V.S Crocodile that was such a good fight. Vivi how I miss her but hey at least they have cameos of her every now and than. I can't wait to get back to the main plot, more LuffyxHancock moments FYI. However kid Luffy is fun to watch so yah. I can't wait to see what happened to Robin too and Kidd cuz there rivalry is one of my favorites. Water 7 arc was awesome, I can't wait for it to be dubbed in English so we can own it on DVD.

Alternative
April 7th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Alabasta is without a doubt, one of the best Arcs in the anime to date, or at least I think so. It's just funny and everything, and it introduces Mizu Mizu no Luffy which made me laugh. I remember when I would watch it in English when 4kids dubbed it, and they got really, at the start of Luffy and Crocodile's first fight and stopped, which was depressing. I really started to get into it then, and I wanted to see what would happen next. :)

Also iirc, Funimation already started dubbing Water 7?

PearlShipper4Life
April 7th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Be glad they stopped before the big fight, they would have done so many edits its not even funny. Funimation version is ten times better, they do it pretty much the same as it was in the Japan version. From what I heard will get info on the next arc being dubbed by Funimation this weekend, look forward to itXD

Alternative
April 9th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Since I've been thinking and watching One Piece a lot lately, and that I love it so much, I actually want to go and buy it, or at least one of them. I'll most likely go and buy the first one from Funimation, and try to get used to their dubbing, since I watched it a lot in English with 4kids dubbing. The only thing about 4kids that was actually good, was the theme song, which is more funny, then anything else. XD;

PearlShipper4Life
April 11th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Since I've been thinking and watching One Piece a lot lately, and that I love it so much, I actually want to go and buy it, or at least one of them. I'll most likely go and buy the first one from Funimation, and try to get used to their dubbing, since I watched it a lot in English with 4kids dubbing. The only thing about 4kids that was actually good, was the theme song, which is more funny, then anything else. XD;

That's the better idea, yah Funimation version is ten times better than the 4Kids version. For some reason some people see that and think bleh about the show, well that's cuz it was a horrible version of it. Watch the Japanese with English subtitles or Funimation. Any ways forgot to say my opinion of the newest episode in Japan, it was so cute.

New opening, it was so good one of the better ones as of late. Than we have kid Luffy who is freakin adorable, funny and every thingXD So many funny scenes and the animation and music was good too, over all a good episode, one of my favorites. I'm thinking, the anime team will do a good job on this arc.

New Chapter out this week guys, just a heads up!

Alternative
April 11th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the new arc will be good, but I'm highly unsure on it, since I'm guessing it will be mostly plot filler and flashbacks. If they show what's been happening to the other strawhats, especially Nami, Robin and Brook, then I'll be happy.

PearlShipper4Life
April 11th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure the new arc will be good, but I'm highly unsure on it, since I'm guessing it will be mostly plot filler and flashbacks. If they show what's been happening to the other strawhats, especially Nami, Robin and Brook, then I'll be happy.

Flashbacks is one thing but I'm thinking its needed, oh do you mean the manga or anime? If you mean the anime, it is supposed to deal with Luffy/Ace so of course tons of flashbacks. I think from the looks of it though, the anime team can hanndle it, been enjoying it so far. Yah them showing what happened with the others would be awesome. Learning what happened to Zoro's eye For one thing.

.EJ
April 11th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Man I liked the new intro but the episode itself was kinda slow imo. It was wicked cool though to see how they met, etc.

Looking forward to next week's

Alternative
April 11th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I mean the anime. I mean, flashbacks are good and all, but only if they're really meaningful. One Piece, is something I've come to love, and that they do flashbacks really well. I think Robin's past was what really got me into all those flashbacks. I really do hope they flesh out the story of Luffy and Ace some more, and not too slow either.

Worst flashbacks were probably the Enies Lobby arc, where they just show us stuff we've already seen, except with the ending all the same. I just skipped all those, since I know all their pasts.

PearlShipper4Life
April 12th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I mean the anime. I mean, flashbacks are good and all, but only if they're really meaningful. One Piece, is something I've come to love, and that they do flashbacks really well. I think Robin's past was what really got me into all those flashbacks. I really do hope they flesh out the story of Luffy and Ace some more, and not too slow either.

Worst flashbacks were probably the Enies Lobby arc, where they just show us stuff we've already seen, except with the ending all the same. I just skipped all those, since I know all their pasts.

I do agree, those flashbacks in the Engies Lobby wasn't the best but this is an entire arc for it, not just one episode. I enjoyed it in the manga myself but it looks ten times better in the anime, seriously loved it. The opening, the music I felt matched it and every thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvJDK6zcasM

Awesome!

.EJ
April 13th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Yes! The intro was awesome. Since I haven't read the manga I'm still a little confused on the kid with Ace and Luffy but I'm sure they'll explain that soon.

Alternative
April 13th, 2011, 06:24 PM
From what I've seen, he makes an appearance in the next episode and goes by the name of 'Sabo'. He is apparently the third brother of Luffy and Ace, or what they consider being a brother by sharing Sake cups or something.
He's located in this new place Luffy encounters.

Also, from watching previous episodes, or just segments, it really reminded me of how much Zoro get's lost. I mean, one time at the Enies Lobby arc, when they're rescuing Robin Nami specifies that they have to run up the stairs to get to her, but Zoro runs down the corridor. Of course, he blames her for her directions being too confusing. XD;

PearlShipper4Life
April 14th, 2011, 06:41 PM
The story behind Ace/Sabo/Luffy really is cute, this up coming arc explains a lot about Luffy. I think they did a good job in the anime so far, am sure the next episode will rock ;)

The latest chapter has been out 621

Arlong wasn't what he seemed to be and the same can be said for Jinbe I mean wow. I'm really liking the Queen, sad that we already know what happens to her. How the heck did the Queen give birth to that big baby? I mean holy cow. Over all, these flashbacks have been fun, Oda is really good with this stuff. Can't wait to see how it ends, if they'll go save Zoro and his group soon, don't know how much longer the guy can go without air LOL.

Alternative I like your avatar ^^

thedestinedblade
April 16th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Someone mentioned in another forum that she might had the princess as an egg? Makes some sense at least. I'm glade the Queen isn't just a copy of her daughter. The scene with the thief was a bit cheesy, but I guess it was done to show the queen's unique personality. The last panel with all of the Sun Pirates was pretty badass.

Zameric
April 16th, 2011, 07:10 PM
The only thing about 4kids that was actually good, was the theme song, which is more funny, then anything else. XD;
*High fives*
I have it on my iPod, let me know if you'd like a copy. :p

Yes! The intro was awesome. Since I haven't read the manga I'm still a little confused on the kid with Ace and Luffy but I'm sure they'll explain that soon.
Like Alternative said...
He's the adoptive brother of Luffy and Ace.
You should learn some about him in this weekend's episode on Funimation.
The plot of this flashback arc will revolve around those three meeting and living together.

Also, from watching previous episodes, or just segments, it really reminded me of how much Zoro get's lost. I mean, one time at the Enies Lobby arc, when they're rescuing Robin Nami specifies that they have to run up the stairs to get to her, but Zoro runs down the corridor. Of course, he blames her for her directions being too confusing. XD;[/FONT]
Yes, that's like Zoro worst trait.
He has no sense of direction when traveling.
I'm not totally sure, but I think it's gotten better after the time-skip.

I'm glade the Queen isn't just a copy of her daughter.
Technically, the Princess would be a copy of the Queen. ;p
But also, it's been stated that there are great variety with merfolk and fishmen genes.
An individual could end up looking nothing like their parents.

Anime 494
Well, I've read this whole arc in manga, so it will probably be very similar.
Hopefully they'll flesh out some scenes or make small additions.
The main thing I want to comment on is Sabo's seiyu.
I think Junko Takeuchi (Japanese voice of Naruto) was a great casting.
I might actually watch some of the arc now, instead of just skimming it. :p

Alternative
April 16th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Seeing the scene just before the Marineford Arc with Zoro and Perona makes me question who's right. I mean, Perona told Zoro exactly where his swords were, and Zoro spent three days looking for them. :/

PearlShipper4Life
April 17th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Ok this weekends episode aired, little lateXD

This arc so far has been one of my favorites, every thing they've been doing is just wonderful. Good music, good animation, Kid Luffy is adorable to watch and I really liked how it ended. Another thing, I loved Luffy's lying face, guys right he's horrible at it LOL. Man I'm excited for the next episode even, I mean I know what happens and all but its even better in the anime as some one said.

Alternative Zoro has a bad sense of direction LOL. Just watch all the past episodes, even going on a stragiht path he gets lostXD

Alternative
April 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I know Zoro has a bad sense of direction, but it's kinda funny as well. Even the Marines pointed it out. "Roronoa Zoro, we have been imformed that you have a terrible sense of direction."

I also watched the movie 8, which is a remake of the Alabasta arc, and I didn't really like it. They left out so many things in there, like all the stuff at Rainbase and Vivi getting chased up the cliff by Bon Kurei and everything. It was kinda annoying which upsets me. It makes me want to go back and watch the Usopp and Chopper vs Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas fight again. ^_^

Anime 494
I quite enjoyed the episode. Introducing Sabo as Ace's friend, and the treasure. Luffy's lying face was enjoyable. I wonder what's going to happen now with their complicated relationship. :/

thedestinedblade
April 17th, 2011, 10:22 PM

Aside from thinking of Naruto every time Sabo spoke, it was a really great episode. Porchemy torturing Luffy was pretty brutal, and you can see the lawless kinda place the Gray Terminal is.

Alternative
April 18th, 2011, 01:21 AM
You really thought Sabo sounded like Naruto? Maybe I ought to listen to his voice again, but I thought Sabo sounded more like 18 year old Luffy, more than anything. Maybe it's the same voice actor or something... :S

thedestinedblade
April 18th, 2011, 11:57 AM
It is the same voice actor, so every time Sabo would say something, Naruto immediately came to mind. :/

PearlShipper4Life
April 18th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I know Zoro has a bad sense of direction, but it's kinda funny as well. Even the Marines pointed it out. "Roronoa Zoro, we have been imformed that you have a terrible sense of direction."

I also watched the movie 8, which is a remake of the Alabasta arc, and I didn't really like it. They left out so many things in there, like all the stuff at Rainbase and Vivi getting chased up the cliff by Bon Kurei and everything. It was kinda annoying which upsets me. It makes me want to go back and watch the Usopp and Chopper vs Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas fight again. ^_^

Anime 494
I quite enjoyed the episode. Introducing Sabo as Ace's friend, and the treasure. Luffy's lying face was enjoyable. I wonder what's going to happen now with their complicated relationship. :/

HAHA Zoro having a bad sense of direction is one of things I love about his character, just cracks you up. I hope the guy hasn't lost that side of him in the Time Skip, that'd make me sad :( You should watch movie 9, that's kind of like a remake of when Chopper was introduced, its a bit odd cuz Franky and Robin are in instead of Vivi, which I was shocked about, those guys were in it after Chopper. Well whatever, it was still fun and seeing Zoro and Franky team up was cool. They did leave out some scenes that happened in the arc that I liked, like Zoro getting lost while training and being under the snow, both Usopp and Vivi thought he was insane for thatXD They also missed those snow bunnies helping Luffy which they shouldn't have, those snow bunnies don't normally like humans and Luffy saved them allowing them to change there opinions on humans, oh wells. See the flashback arc has been really good, next weeks looks just as good as the past two episodes have been. I enjoyed the War arc but this one has been more fun. Hopefully they continue that when the Time Skip comes and I'm sure they'll show some fillers on The gang training. HAHA I typed a lotXD Ask for Sabo's voice, I guess I haven't watched Naruto in a while so it doesn't bother me.

Alternative
April 18th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I know Movie 10 is the one about Strong World or something, but isn't that also the one with Shiki the Golden Lion as well? I wouldn't mind seeing that as it seems kinda interesting to watch. I also enjoyed the Little Blue mini special as well, which is kinda connected to that movie or something. :/

PearlShipper4Life
April 18th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I know Movie 10 is the one about Strong World or something, but isn't that also the one with Shiki the Golden Lion as well? I wouldn't mind seeing that as it seems kinda interesting to watch. I also enjoyed the Little Blue mini special as well, which is kinda connected to that movie or something. :/

Oh man movie 10 was great too, you should see that one for sure and yes I think that's movie 0 your talking about and its connected with that movie. Its about the Pirate King fighting the main villain off of movie 10. It is pretty cool to watch, than you see Luffy and his crew fight him off :classic:

Alternative
April 18th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I might watch them soon, since they seem to be connected. I'll need to watch them both when I have a lot of time, which seems to be all the time lately, so it will most likely be soon. :)

Also I like Brook, especially when he's in the City of Poverty. He's all there, doing his usual thing in "May I see your panties?" And instead of the usual reaction of him being a pervert wanting them, they're all like "You heard him! He wants the panties!" I also like all the jokes with him mentioning that his stomach is full... but he is a skeleton, so he doesn't have a stomach, and other various jokes. YOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

Zameric
April 19th, 2011, 01:01 PM
You really thought Sabo sounded like Naruto? Maybe I ought to listen to his voice again, but I thought Sabo sounded more like 18 year old Luffy, more than anything. Maybe it's the same voice actor or something... :S
Umm...
We technically don't see Luffy at 18.
He's 17 in the first half of the series, and 19 (probably close to 20) after the time skip.
But I'm sure you just meant 17. :P I kind of find it odd that you think Sabo sounds like Luffy.
But like Icebloom and I pointed out, Sabo and Naruto have the same Japanese VA.

PearlShipper4Life
April 19th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I might watch them soon, since they seem to be connected. I'll need to watch them both when I have a lot of time, which seems to be all the time lately, so it will most likely be soon. :)

Also I like Brook, especially when he's in the City of Poverty. He's all there, doing his usual thing in "May I see your panties?" And instead of the usual reaction of him being a pervert wanting them, they're all like "You heard him! He wants the panties!" I also like all the jokes with him mentioning that his stomach is full... but he is a skeleton, so he doesn't have a stomach, and other various jokes. YOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

I'm hopping Brook gets a battle this arc and shows off what he's learned too. It'd be awesome if Brook got to fight that swordsman instead of Zoro this time. Lets not forget, we have two now ^

Ooh Tonight we should be getting the spoilers on the next manga.

I didn't think Sabo sounded like Luffy, I didn't think he sounded like Naruto either but I only watched the English dubbed version of that show soXD I have been enjoying Sabo so far though in the anime, they are doing a good job on him.

Alternative
April 19th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Stuff
I thought to back when I watched the crappy 4kids dub or something back when it was on Cartoon Network, and back when I had foxtel, that they mentioned Luffy was 18 or something. I guess 17 makes more sense anyway.