PDA

View Full Version : "Battling a Thaw in Reations!" Review Thread.

Blue_Drifblim
January 15th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Ok, it's time. It's the final part of the Ash vs Paul Sinnoh League match!

I've been waiting a long time for this.

matt0044
January 15th, 2011, 05:51 AM
"Now that is beautiful! See! ...Look at the fireworks! Aren't they splendid?"
-Frieza from" DBZ Kai"

And that's how I'd describe this episode. It kicked ass! The climax, especially!

I'm a tad disappointed that Type Wild English wasn't used for the dub but the English dub managed to be equally epic as the Japanese version with a karaoke version of "The Ultimate Challenge." Gotta make do with what you got.

Ash and Paul's rivalry really went out with a big bang! Great job, Infernape! Great job, Ash! And great job, Paul!

10/10!

Edit: As for the rest of the music, I would've used the Japanese music to amplify the dub's epicness. But the dub (standing on it own) wasn't too bad. It just could've been better.

Kirbychu
January 15th, 2011, 08:56 AM
What a magnificent ending to the rivalry. This was easily the best battle so far in the Sinnoh league, in my opinion. The scene where Infernape finishes off Electivire was ridiculously dramatic, which made it awesome. However, I was extremely disappointed that the instrumental of A Small Thing was taken out when Ash and Paul were saying their good-byes. That beautiful tune pretty much defined the scene for me in the original version. I wonder what their excuse was to alter it? They've used that instrumental for multiple occasions.

Mew~
January 15th, 2011, 12:41 PM
What a great episode, right! :)

A spectacular episode, with a spectacular Battle and a spectacular Rivalry (Honestly the best one Ash has ever had between someone)

The end of the episode was put together perfectly I liked the use of the instumental of "The Ultimate Challenge" a with a great and very Dramatic end to the battle with Electivire fainting.

When Dawn said "and the one thing that made it all possible" she ment Infernape (Bringing them together?) didn't she?

That beautiful tune pretty much defined the scene for me in the original version. I wonder what their excuse was to alter it? They've used that instrumental for multiple occasions.
Well honestly it worked well without it anyway, Cynthia's voice actor did a superb job.

I feel really sad they "scrapped" paul. Hopefully what Cynthia said will be true and they will meet eachother at the champions league some how.

AshPikastar
January 15th, 2011, 01:38 PM
A good battle in English that I actually liked. I loved the battle with Infernape and Electriviar and I love Gliscor. I just wish Gliscor had more of a battle time with Electriviar but then again he did do a great job fighting Pauls other Pokemon. I love hearing the heartbeat at the very end of the battle. Infernape just kick butt in that episode. For once English did a nice job with this episode.

vaporeon7
January 15th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I know it's a good and epic battle when I realise I haven't had any other thoughts or blinked for 20 minutes.

WriteThemWrong
January 15th, 2011, 08:25 PM
such a great battle and episode in general. probably the best battle i've ever seen of all time. great strategy and use of their pokemon and it's about time ash beat one of his rivals in the battle league.

can't wait to see how ash battles the guy with the darkrai.

Jorah
January 23rd, 2011, 05:12 AM
- Whoa, Electivire vs Pikachu
- They gave so much time for Infernape to get back up o_O
- Hehehe, I loved the heart beat moment
- I want Paul to come back sometime T.T
- Shippy scene with Ash and Paul staring at each other

Music kept: (2)

DPPt Gym Battle
RSE Gym Theme

However, I was extremely disappointed that the instrumental of A Small Thing was taken out when Ash and Paul were saying their good-byes. That beautiful tune pretty much defined the scene for me in the original version. I wonder what their excuse was to alter it? They've used that instrumental for multiple occasions.

Because TPCI are using less and less original BGM as time goes on, after they started increasing it about a year ago. Seriously, even 4Kids used more BGM in their Pokemon league episodes...