PDA

View Full Version : Best Kung Fu Movie?

Kura
January 15th, 2011, 06:38 PM
It's a toughie for me, because I've only watched a few.. but an old Jackie Chan film called "The Littlest Soldier" is probably one of my favourites. I also enjoyed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

I want to watch Once Upon a Time in China, though!

Which ones do you think are the best Kung Fu flicks?

Kenshin5
January 15th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I really can't say I have seen any Bruce Lee. Maybe a like of Enter the Dragon. Mostly I have seen Jackie Chan and Jet Lee Kung Fu Movies. And out of all of them I liked Rumble in the Bronx the most. Rush Hour had some good scenes by not as much as movies like Drunken Master or Twin Dragons. Who Am I was also good.

God
January 15th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon easily, but I do love the spoof film Kung-Pow, lol.

WriteThemWrong
January 15th, 2011, 08:34 PM
The original Drunken Master with Jackie Chan. and of course any movie with bruce lee is great especially since he didn't make a whole lot of movies.

one of my favorite movies of all time is Kung Fu Hustle, its such a funny, interesting, good movie in general but the fight scenes are amazing

Captain Fabio
January 15th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Easily 'Enter The Dragon' with Bruce Lee. Second place, for me, would be Drunken Master. That film did make me chuckle.

Le Creep!
January 15th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Kung Fu Panda, duh.

I'm eagerly anticipating the sequel.

countryemo
January 15th, 2011, 11:36 PM
I havent seen any o.O
Unless the jackie chan cartoon show, or scooby doo counts.

I would have to say
Kung Fu Panda since I think thats the only one I watched (church trip, I decied why not)

BHwolfgang
January 17th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I'd say that one of my favorite Kung-fu movie of all time has to be Enter the Dragon. Bruce Lee was a straight-out monster in that movie. He even snapped Jackie Chan's neck... My friend and I had to watch it three times during one of our Bruce Lee marathon because it was so amazing.

The Rush Hour series were hilarious. I think Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker have good chemistry together. There was also Drunken Master; I thought it was very funny. I watched the fight scene between Jackie Chan and Benny Urquidez in the movie Wheels on Meals over and over for the past few months. You just have to see it. In my opinion, it is one of the best fight scenes I've ever watched.

I watched this movie once called Shaolin Soccer. Basically, the soccer players combined martial arts together. The idea does seem silly, but I laughed my butts off during the movie.

PlatinumDude
January 18th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Kung-fu Panda and The Karate Kid (2010 remake). Those were good movies, but I like Kung-fu Panda best.

MEGAS
January 18th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Anything that has pretty much Bruce Lee in it.
Rush Hour is something I like too.

Amore
January 19th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Does Kung-Fu Panda count? I loved that.

However, I've got to admit Rush Hour 3 is one of the funniest films I have on DVD. Sadly I've never seen the original Rush Hour, but Rush Hour 2 was brilliant when I saw it.

Noblebeastx
January 20th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Kung Fu Panda & Rush Hour Are the ones i liked the best.

thedestinedblade
January 20th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I've always enjoyed Jet Li's older movies: Once Upon a Time in China (I,II,and III), Fist of Legend, Shaolin Temple, and The Enforcer were some of my personal favorites.

Kenshin5
January 20th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I've always enjoyed Jet Li's older movies: Once Upon a Time in China (I,II,and III), Fist of Legend, Shaolin Temple, and The Enforcer were some of my personal favorites.
I have seen some of his older movies. I have Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk which I thought was pretty good. My favs from him though have to be Fearless and Hero.

Drekin
January 21st, 2011, 02:25 PM
Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon' for sure.

Esper
January 21st, 2011, 07:08 PM
I have seen some of his older movies. I have Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk which I thought was pretty good. My favs from him though have to be Fearless and Hero.
I enjoyed Hero (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299977/). I first watched it when I bought a copy of it for a few dollars and I thought it would be a cheap movie, but it was much better than I expected. It's more like Crouching Tiger than a Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee movie. Lots of acrobatics and that sort of thing.

Kenshin5
January 21st, 2011, 07:18 PM
I think it was the choreographed the same as Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with all the strings which makes it appear as though they are doing inhuman like feats.

KitKat13
January 24th, 2011, 02:12 AM
I like Kung Fu Panda, but I am not really interested in these kind of stuff like Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and such. XD

Captain Hobo.
January 27th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I think The Karate Kid (2010 remake) is the best kung fu movie ever.

GirlieNinjaRose
February 20th, 2011, 03:37 AM
The Karate Kid series, Kung-Fu Panda, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, are the best ones I know.

비스트
February 21st, 2011, 04:25 PM
Kung Fu Panda because the animation
was amazing and it was hilarious OTL

HinaBaby
February 25th, 2011, 05:05 PM
I've enjoyed some of Jackie Chan and Jet Li's movies, as well as Kung Fu Panda, and I heard that there's going to be a sequel. :D

ThatKidMike
February 25th, 2011, 06:37 PM
I think The Karate Kid (2010 remake) is the best kung fu movie ever.

Oh god no, I'm all for respecting opinions but c'moooooon.

Ip Man by far, I'm sorry to say any other answer, unless its a Bruce Lee film is probably wrong.

ManhattanTheStarr
February 25th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Kung Fu Panda. I love animated movies, so there's my reason. :>
I heard the 2010 remake of The Karate Kid was good, but I never got to see it. =/

Beechlgz
February 25th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Oh god no, I'm all for respecting opinions but c'moooooon.

Ip Man by far, I'm sorry to say any other answer, unless its a Bruce Lee film is probably wrong.

I quite liked Ip Man too it was quite well made IMO. There was a sequel too, it was okay. There was also some side-sequel (more like a prequel) that was quite rubbish but starred the same actors.

There was this other one that I liked but I didn't like at the same time, like there were some good fighting scenes and the story was good but a bit too soppy at some parts for my tastes. I can't remember the name of the film though, nor the name of the main actor. I remember it had elephants in it though.

Once Upon a Time in China series was okay IMO but a bit overrated. Some of them reminded me of these cheap low-budget movies (not to say those can't be good, but some of these ones in particular weren't fantastic). And that theme song... once you hear it for the sixth or seventh time you will begin to hate it (and it will bore its way into your mind so that you'll be hearing it in your head six months later)! They completely over-play it. On an unrelated note, I get the feeling from the ones that starred Jet Li he was quite chuffed to play the role. You can see it in his face.

I didn't know there was a new Drunken Master movie? Or maybe I saw the newer one? The one with Jackie Chan? Looked like it was from the 70s or 80s? Did I see the old or new one? I kind of want to see what the other one is like.

I have to admit that the Karate Kid remake was a bit... bleh. I didn't even finish watching it I just got bored. But I never liked the original either.

There's a lot more that I've seen that when finished watching I thought "that was quite good actually" but I never really remember them very well, especially the titles. There was so many! Friend's collection, not mine. I'm not really into movies personally.

インフェルノの津波
February 25th, 2011, 09:50 PM
In all respect, Rush Hour 1-3.

Because Chris Tucker + Jackie Chan = a lethal comedy combination.

Haowakeorden
February 27th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Project A and Drunken Master 2, both starring Jackie Chan, are probably my two favourite martial arts films.

Police Story (another Jackie Chan film) is really good too.

I didn't know there was a new Drunken Master movie? Or maybe I saw the newer one? The one with Jackie Chan? Looked like it was from the 70s or 80s? Did I see the old or new one? I kind of want to see what the other one is like.
Drunken Master 1 was released in 1978 and involved Jackie Chan (with longer hair) training with an old master to defeat an assassin.
Drunken Master 2 was released in 1994 and involved Jackie Chan (with shorter hair) battling against people trying to steal Chinese artifacts. Confusingly this film is sometimes called "The Legend of Drunken Master" in English-speaking regions, but I've never heard the original Drunken Master called this.