PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] What are you looking forward to in the games?

Alternative
January 16th, 2011, 05:12 AM
This thread is more for those people who haven't played the game yet/waiting for English release to play it.

As we all know, there are many new features on the games. Whether they be the new PokéDevice, seasons and even triple battles, there's something new out there for everyone, so the question is...

What are you most looking forward to in Pokémon Black/White?

For me, it's either going to be the Battle Subway, or the different version-exclusive areas. It will be good to get a different area to explore from both games.

pokewalker
January 16th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Random Match for sure. So you can battle when you want without those stupid fc's :)

MeerFall
January 16th, 2011, 05:52 AM
the 3D battles obversly also the triple battles XD

Alli
January 16th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Well, I have a Japanese White, so I guess...umm...being able to understand what's going on. :) That'll be a nice change!

Haowakeorden
January 16th, 2011, 08:50 AM
The new Pokémon.

The Unova region.

The Battle Subway.

Random Matchup.

spannerman23
January 16th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Random Match for sure. So you can battle when you want without those stupid fc's :)

That's what I would expect in Black/White. That would be good.

In generation 5, if the "re-make pattern" continues, I'm guessing that in 2-4 years Nintendo will re-make Ruby and Sapphire.
They re-made Kanto, they re-made Johto, Hoenn is next.

pokewalker
January 16th, 2011, 09:00 AM
That's what I would expect in Black/White. That would be good.

In generation 5, if the "re-make pattern" continues, I'm guessing that in 2-4 years Nintendo will re-make Ruby and Sapphire.
They re-made Kanto, they re-made Johto, Hoenn is next.

Umm... It's already confirmed that that will be...

Miluiel
January 16th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Definitely the triple battles! The Random Match would be nice if my DS had wi-fi. xD It's one of the oldest versions, so it can no longer connect.

Blue
January 16th, 2011, 10:19 AM
To sum it up in one word... Everything!

Umm... It's already confirmed that that will be...

I don't think it's been confirmed yet but theres a high chance that it will happen.

pokewalker
January 16th, 2011, 10:30 AM
To sum it up in one word... Everything!

I don't think it's been confirmed yet but theres a high chance that it will happen.

Yes. It is: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/gameplay/battle-types/random-matchup/ there. Random Matchup.

Cathar
January 16th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Triple battles, as I hope they will add another layer of tactics to the game.

Speed
January 16th, 2011, 10:43 AM
The new pokemon. I really hated the pokemon at first, but then they grew on me.

Yes. It is: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/gameplay/battle-types/random-matchup/ there. Random Matchup.

I'm confused; how does that confirm anything?

Haowakeorden
January 16th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I'm confused; how does that confirm anything?
I think we really need some clarification.

Originally, pokewalker referred to kadoofa's post, where kadoofa said "That's what I would expect in Black/White. That would be good." in reference to Random Matchup. However, the rest of kadoofa's post went on about remakes of Ruby/Sapphire without mentioning Random Matchup.

Perhaps believing that kadoofa didn't realize that Random Matchup was already confirmed, pokewalker tried to tell kadoofa that Random Matchup was confirmed. So he quoted kadoofa's post - which didn't contain any direct references to Random Matchup but was mostly speculation about Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

pokewalker was trying to point out that Random Matchup was confirmed, not Ruby/Sapphire remakes. But, he initially only said "Umm... It's already confirmed that that will be..." in response to what seemed to be (when taken out of context) pure speculation about Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

On the actual topic of Random Matchup, I would have to say that yes, I would expect that feature in Black/White. (But I know it's already been confirmed!) PBR already had it, so it's about time it's introduced in the main series games.

pokewalker
January 16th, 2011, 10:56 AM

Originally, pokewalker referred to kadoofa's post, where kadoofa said "That's what I would expect in Black/White. That would be good." in reference to Random Matchup.

However, the rest of kadoofa's post referred to remakes of Ruby/Sapphire without mentioning Random Matchup. Perhaps believing that kadoofa didn't realize that Random Matchup was already confirmed, pokewalker tried to tell kadoofa that Random Matchup was confirmed.

So he quoted kadoofa's post - which didn't contain any direct references to Random Matchup but was full of speculation about Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

pokewalker was trying to point out that Random Matchup was confirmed, not Ruby/Sapphire remakes.
ya that's true ;) but about r/s remakes, there are alot of hints in the games. but i think you should discuss that in Emulation...

Blue
January 16th, 2011, 11:10 AM

Ah, I thought you were talking about R/S remakes.

Sabrewulf238
January 16th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I'm looking forward to:

1. Catching all the new pokemon
2. Meeting/Catching my teamates
3. Battling the Gym leaders
4. Exploring Isshu
5. Checking out the dream world
6. Seeing the seasons pass
7. Checking out the new wifi features (Random Match/Trade)
8. Learning more about the storyline.
9. Emigrating my 4th gen pokemon to the 5th gen

So pretty much everything! :p
That's in no particular order too.

Toshiro.
January 16th, 2011, 04:13 PM
What are you most looking forward to in Pokémon Black/White?

Mostly the new pokemon, but also all the new features such as the new battle system (including the pokemon moving and three on three battles), the new region to explore, the new gyms and elite 4, and the version exclusive things. (Such as White Forest and Black City).

JP
January 16th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I look forward to understanding the story in a language I speak and read haha.

Forever
January 16th, 2011, 04:52 PM

Originally, pokewalker referred to kadoofa's post, where kadoofa said "That's what I would expect in Black/White. That would be good." in reference to Random Matchup. However, the rest of kadoofa's post went on about remakes of Ruby/Sapphire without mentioning Random Matchup.

Perhaps believing that kadoofa didn't realize that Random Matchup was already confirmed, pokewalker tried to tell kadoofa that Random Matchup was confirmed. So he quoted kadoofa's post - which didn't contain any direct references to Random Matchup but was mostly speculation about Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

pokewalker was trying to point out that Random Matchup was confirmed, not Ruby/Sapphire remakes. But, he initially only said "Umm... It's already confirmed that that will be..." in response to what seemed to be (when taken out of context) pure speculation about Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

XDDDD
I find that amusing. I don't know why.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking forward to other than exploring the region initially. If it's a feature, probably triple or rotational battles since rotational battles kinda confuse me yet apparently Kaori understands it! Actually yeah make exploring Unova number one.

PlatinumDude
January 16th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Mostly, I'm looking forward to using the new Pokemon in general. I'm also looking forward to taking down Team Plasma and the Battle Subway.

ManhattanTheStarr
January 16th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Making my teams, and nicknaming each and every Pokemon I catch. x3
Also getting to see what the story is like. :>

DNZGames
January 17th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I'm most looking forward to the new text. Yes, that's right - the dialogue. Sadly, I actually went and played the ROM from start to finish, so the only new thing for me would be the dialogue.
That and the fact it's out March 4th!

flight
January 17th, 2011, 12:34 AM
I'm not really sure what I'm looking forward to other than exploring the region initially

This, pretty much. I want to explore the region, I want to see everything B/W has to offer, I want to experience the triple battles, the gym battles, E4 battles, every single battle there is, and as much as I doubt I will try it, I guess it wouldn't hurt to do Pokemon Musical as well. I just want to experience b/w to the fullest. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten that experience with hg/ss, and probably even D/P/P. But I make sure that when B/W/(third version) comes out, that I make the most of my experience with the three. :D;

インフェルノの津波
January 17th, 2011, 12:39 AM
EVERY. FREAKING. THING

It's indescribable how much I want this game to come out so badly...COME OUT ALREADY ;;.

Sorry just really antsy...

Kanto_Johto
January 17th, 2011, 10:28 AM
The new adventure. Generic response I know, but hey, that's always the best part.

Also the new Pokemon. I'm not familiar with each and every new Pokemon so many of them will be new to me.

I'm also looking forward to Black City/White Forest. The idea of version exclusive locations is cool.

Also the new Pokemon Musical contest thingy. Should be interesting.

Eurydice
January 17th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Well, I have a Japanese White, so I guess...umm...being able to understand what's going on. :) That'll be a nice change!

basically this. i have played both games in japanese it will be so nice to know what everyone is saying

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
January 17th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I'm looking forward to everything, I hope Unova can live up to my expectations of it being as good as Hoenn.

Zerrah.
January 17th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'm so ready for a new region to explore and new Pokemon to catch. ^_^ But more specifically: I can't wait to video chat with my friends that play Pokemon! Kaaawaaaaiiiii!

Blue
January 18th, 2011, 04:14 AM
I hope its better than my expectations (which are high) I'm just really looking forward to this game, catching new Pokémon, training them, creating a good team, nicknaming them, exploring Unova, taking on trainers, Gym Leaders, Elite Fours and Rivals, Team Plasma, oh and the music and well everything.

Symbiosis
January 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM
I am looking forwards to the new region mainly and the new adventure.

Guy
January 21st, 2011, 01:22 PM
Seeing as I've kept myself in the closet about most of the game's content, you can say I'm pretty much looking forward to everything the games have to offer. More specifically would be capturing and training most of the new Pokémon, exploring the region, learning about the plot, and getting into the new features and battling style.

Perrie ✿
January 21st, 2011, 01:31 PM
Since I' own the japanese version of Black I can't say Im looking forward to the new Pokemon and exploring the new region; however, I've only explored the surface of the Unova region. In my english playthrough Im gonna go really in-depth. Talk to everyone and everything :D

I'm also looking forward to everything else the game has to offer.

Hypno
January 21st, 2011, 02:11 PM
The new adventure, random Wi-Fi matches, and does anybody know if they have stricter filters to block fake Pokemon or not? Because that would be cool too, kinda like Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Ronin
January 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM
Can I say everything? :P

I'm loving the look of the almost all the new Pokemon, the battle system looks absolutely fantastic. Random wi-fi battles looks like it's going be great when I can be bothered to log on to my comp to find folks to battle. I'm completely ready for a new journey through a new region and this one is so far looking to be great. I think the new TM change has been needed for a long time and I think the graphics are well done for a DS game. As for all the stuff I didn't mention... I'm looking forward to that too ;)

Corvus of the Black Night
January 21st, 2011, 04:05 PM
I haven't really spoiled the game at all for myself, so I'm really looking forward to the new features that I don't know about yet. It looks exciting :D

The new adventure, random Wi-Fi matches, and does anybody know if they have stricter filters to block fake Pokemon or not? Because that would be cool too, kinda like Pokemon Battle Revolution.
This too. I'm sick of running into people with Shiny Lucario, Shiny Charizard, Shiny [insert legendary here]... Of course, with maxed out IVs. Obviously.

JP
January 21st, 2011, 04:08 PM
Can I say everything? :P

I'm loving the look of the almost all the new Pokemon, the battle system looks absolutely fantastic. Random wi-fi battles looks like it's going be great when I can be bothered to log on to my comp to find folks to battle. I'm completely ready for a new journey through a new region and this one is so far looking to be great. I think the new TM change has been needed for a long time and I think the graphics are well done for a DS game. As for all the stuff I didn't mention... I'm looking forward to that too ;)

The random Wi-Fi battles is great indeed! I've done it quite a few times already. I'm just hoping that it matchmakes you to people from all over the world and not just your region.

Zeph.
January 21st, 2011, 04:38 PM
I preordered Black today :D I'm simply looking forward to seeing how Unova compares to past generations. And of course the awesome new 3D-ness B)

Blue
January 21st, 2011, 04:41 PM
Also, the Random Match-up sounds great! It's so much easier than having the hastle of adding people FC'S and it makes it more intresting and fun, I'll definately be using that for sure!

SargeantMajorKururu
January 21st, 2011, 05:14 PM
I'm really looking forward to everything. The upgraded graphics, the new maps, the new music, the new characters and online play, and most of all...THE NEW POKEMON!

vudw
January 21st, 2011, 06:42 PM
I've never been one to "Catch 'em all". Ever. But more than anything, those new wireless features sound awesome! It's a step up from mutually sharing friend codes and doing things with labored plans of when to meet up with people for stuff. Well... still might need that sometimes, but still a step up.

And rotation battles. It's not all based on skill of battle as well as predicting what your opponent will do. I like a bit of social edge in my game, so having a chance for considerably more of that is a plus with me.

Other than that, just anything that hasn't been spoiled for me so far. Dx

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
January 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM
I'm looking forward to fighting Team Plasma and it's leader and hidden leader and exploring it's plot :).

GlitchCity
January 22nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
New adventure of course. Actually just traveling around the new region will have me excited alone. That and looking for new pokemon.

SiReNzZ
January 22nd, 2011, 11:19 AM
Random battles & 3v3.
I can't wait wait to explore the new region also. :D

Ctrl.Alt.Geak
January 22nd, 2011, 08:28 PM
The new region & plot
What the new gym leaders and rivals will be like personality-wise
What games come after this ;)

saint paxton
January 22nd, 2011, 08:34 PM
I'm really excited to use the new Pokemon and fight the new gym leaders. :>
I'm just looking forward to everything that's new.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
January 24th, 2011, 02:32 AM
I only want the English translations- my Pokemon Black and White are both in Japanese, it's sooooooo hard to understand!!!!!

mmmm..... maybe I also wanna see N again- he's awesome! I wish they will change the storyline and keep N in the game forever!!!!!!!