• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IQ Challenge

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
IQ Challenge *Not Spin-Off*

The goal of this challenge is to complete the game using Pokémon found in the same IQ group in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky. This challenge is NOT in those games, and is the Main Series only.

Rules:
-Your team must consist of Pokémon found in the same IQ group(A list is here)
-Limit trading and hacking to two Pokémon total(Meaning you can hack one Pokémon and trade another, but no more than that. In-Game trades and Trade evolutions do not count towards this)
-A max of 2 HM slaves are allowed. This should be enough to get all HMs.
-Legendaries are not allowed, so Groups I and J are not available.
-You must have at least one Pokémon before the first gym.
-The challenge ends in RBY, RS, and DP after you beat the Elite Four. In FrLg and Pt, it ends after you beat the Elite Four after their upgrades. In GSC and HGSS, it ends after you beat Red.
-Please update periodically. Its nice to know how far people are.

Sign-Up
Username:
Game:
IQ Group:

Here is my Sign-Up as an example:
Username: >Entei<
Game: Heart Gold
IQ Group: G

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions:
Spoiler:

Please, have fun!

Last edited:

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Question: Are you limited to the evolutions presented on the lists?

Example: the team I want consists of Venusaur, Ralts, Umbreon, Piplup, Aipom, and Ampharos.

Since their evolutionary families aren't on the list, does that mean we can't evolve them?

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
The list for some reason doesn't contain every member of evolutionary families. They all are in the same IQ group, so you can evolve them.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I'm not going to join this challenge, but I would just like to say, Kudos for making a challenge for a spin-off!

Years
From just reading the title, I thought it would be something like "Solo the game with the Pokemon who's number equals your IQ"... Would probably be Geodude or something for me.

Not joining this by the way, I played MD like once (and that was at least a year ago, maybe even 2 or 3) and thus have no idea how anything in this game other than using attacks and getting more teammates works.

Last edited:

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
From just reading the title, I thought it would be something like "Solo the game with the Pokemon who's number equals your IQ"... Would probably be Geodude or something for me.

Not joining this by the way, I played MD like once (and that was at least a year ago, maybe even 2 or 3) and thus have no idea how anything in this game other than using attacks and getting more teammates works.

I'm not going to join this challenge, but I would just like to say, Kudos for making a challenge for a spin-off!

Peoplz! Read it all before posting! He says MAIN series, not mystery dungeon or spin offs! So R/B/Y, G/S/C, FR/LG, R/S/E, D/P/Pt, and HG/SS! Not any of the mystery dungeon ones or others.

Btw great job in making this <Entei>. The idea is really good, and I'll try it once I get my games ready for restart! (want to save my team pokes etc ^^)

Back