PDA

View Full Version : [Weekly Poll] When Will You Buy? [ #18 ]

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 29th, 2011, 10:56 PM
[CSS-DIV=background-color:#ffffff;height:440px;width:700px;-moz-border-radius:10px;-moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 8px #b1afaf;border:black solid 1px]Poll Index « Previous Poll Next Poll »★★★★★★★
B/W Weekly Poll #18[css-div=margin:10px]When Will You Buy?
Pokémon Black and Pokémon White come out on March 4, March 6 and March 10 for Europe, America and Australia respectively. So what do you plan to do? Are you going to rush out on release day, hop by the store, and grab your copy? Have you preordered your copy already? Maybe you aren't interested in Black and White at all! (So, why are you in this forum?)

→ Rushing out on release day
→ Put down a preorder
→ Waiting for the reviews before deciding
→ Going to hold back for a bit
→ Not interested at all
→ Own the Japanese versions, not bothering

Got any ideas for the upcoming polls? Feel free to PM Kaori or Forever with them. They may not be used on the following week after you have suggested them, but your ideas are likely to be considered in the near future.[/css-div]★★★★★★★[/css-div]

vaporeon7
January 29th, 2011, 11:09 PM
If I don't preorder, I'll buy it the first day it comes out. The preorder gift in Austraila at Gametraders is a 30cm Pikachu Plush doll but I think I can buy it cheaper that $69.95.

dithyrambos
January 29th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Pre-ordered both copies in October (or November?), and I will be rushing out on release day to pick them up. I'll also pre-order the third game (and then rush out to get it) as soon as possible. Oh, and I tried to pre-order the guide as well, but they weren't listed at the time. :/ I'm really psyched for this release. 8Dd

Dr. Montague
January 29th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Preordered White already...last weekend I think. (b'-')b
But I'm in no rush to get it like, when Gamestop opens, but I will surely be getting it on the day it comes out.

Alternative
January 29th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Well since the game comes out on the 10th for me, and I get money the day before, I will most likely get it the day it comes out. I'm yet to preorder it, but that will be done in due time. :D

Sigilyph
January 29th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I preordered both of them when I went to get my Shiny Raikou. I am hoping that I'll still be able to get the Wall-Clingon-Thingies when I go to pick them up in March. I have no idea which game I'll be using as a main game, probably Black.

Meduza
January 29th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Getting it the day it comes out.

If I recall correctly, the pre order gift for Black and White in Japan were DS screen cleaners coordinating with the mascot of the version you got.

Sigilyph
January 29th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Getting it the day it comes out.

If I recall correctly, the pre order gift for Black and White in Japan were DS screen cleaners coordinating with the mascot of the version you got.

Actually, if I remember correctly, it was a keychain that would cry the mascot of whatever game you got plus the screen cleaner if you bought both.

pokewalker
January 30th, 2011, 01:21 AM
I pre-ordered them already, but I voted for rushing out on release date because I'll get them around 1 PM (my time-table says I am free that day on 12:10 AM :D And I need to cycle around one hour, so. ), then I'll deliver the White copy to my little bro (who still has school then :P ) And then I'll rush to my home to play it the whole day :) And when my bro comes home I'll laugh at him and spoil him the story-line from how far I am then plus I'll PWN him with battling because my Pokémon will have higher levels as his then :D

Twiggy
January 30th, 2011, 02:37 AM
If possible, I'll get the games when they arrive. If not, I'll try to wait it out and buy them later. Of course, I'll check the reviews.

Forever
January 30th, 2011, 03:16 AM
I voted earlier, but I intend to purchase either White (and maybe Black - or later on) when the release date hits. Sadly for Australia, it's later than UK/US :(

Regeneration
January 30th, 2011, 03:30 AM
I probably won't even buy them this time around. I'll go straight for the third game~

KitKat13
January 30th, 2011, 04:22 AM
My aunt pre-ordered both copies for me, so I don't know when will it come. But she promised! :3

JAK3
January 30th, 2011, 04:32 AM
y'know, If I can end up saving enough money for a DSi and Pokemon White, I will probably punch down a preorder. Although, the DSi might have to wait, seeing as it will be ALOT more than Pokemon White, So I might be able to get a Preorder in. :)

Kevin
January 30th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I'm thinking of pre-ordering... But I most likely will just go on the release day and buy them that way. Don't really care about the pre-order items, as they will be buried somewhere in my room anyways.

AngelXavier
January 30th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I'm waiting to pre order to see if they'll release some promo item like the ho-oh and Lugia statues they did for HGSS and the Dialga and Palkia Styluses for DP. I forget what they gave out for Platinum. But I will wake my family up and rush over to Gamestop on the 6th.

Sabrewulf238
January 30th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I pre ordered it on Friday....and I'll be getting the game on the morning it comes out. I won't be able to play it until about 6pm though...

Ayselipera
January 30th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I'm still not sure what version I want, but I plan on getting one of them release day, which is on March 6th here. I can't wait! :D

Astinus
January 30th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I preordered the two games as soon as I could. On the release day, I'm going to head over to GameStop after work and get the games. (That is, if I can remember where I put the receipt!)

Zorua
January 30th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I'm planning to get them as soon as release day comes, hopefully. If not, the day after or something wouldn't hurt. As long as I get it, I don't care. xD;

Daydream
January 30th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Release day or the day after as I have a thing to go to at local University with my mother. And will be hitting the shops afterwards. :D ~

Kenshin5
January 30th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I will buy it either when I have time to go to the store. Or when I actually have free time on my hands to play.

PlatinumDude
January 30th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Most likely, I won't have the time to get B/W when the release date comes, so I'll probably get it a few days or weeks after it's out.

Sora
January 30th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Unless I get lucky, I'm probably not going to be able to acquire B/W until around my birthday, which would be in May.

G.U.Y.
January 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I will try and get White around the time it comes out. I have to save up my allowance for the next month to buy it..and go without texting for 3 weeks afterwards.

Then I will get the next one for my birthday.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
January 30th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I will buy White the day it comes out :)

King Gumball
January 30th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Hopefully rush in on the day to pick them up! I will die if I am a day late ;___;

*high fives other users who will rush out with me xD*

princesskittenface
January 30th, 2011, 07:45 PM
im stil soso but i might wait a month or so before i get it to hear some reivews ^^

Mew~
January 31st, 2011, 06:50 AM
Well it's being released March 4th here, but the problem is - my DS is broken and i'm going to buy the 3DS on march 25th (release date here in the UK), so i'm not sure if I should buy Black on March 4th and wait for march 25th to play it or just buy the game the same day the 3DS comes out.

SilverCrown
January 31st, 2011, 07:30 AM
I put a pre-order on a copy of White today. It normally gets delivered the day before the official release, can't wait! :]

Eurydice
January 31st, 2011, 07:42 AM
i preordered both games in jan. i guess i could have waited since i have the japanese versions but i want to know what they say in english.

WildAbra
January 31st, 2011, 11:12 AM
I pirated the japanese version and i'm going to pirate the english version

Blue
January 31st, 2011, 11:19 AM
→ Rushing out on release day (Early) :)

Binary
January 31st, 2011, 11:23 AM
I had planned to rush out on the first day. But I don't think much of a possibility exists for that to happen as of now due to some reasons, so I think I'll be holding back for a while.

Cherrim
January 31st, 2011, 11:44 AM
I've pre-ordered and I'll be picking up my game on release day as soon as the store opens. :'D

Haowakeorden
January 31st, 2011, 06:08 PM
Pre-ordered both of them... meaning they'll arrive up to a week after the official release date.

Wait a week, save $20.

Raichupacabra
January 31st, 2011, 06:16 PM
I will hopefully get it the day it comes out. (I want a Victini) I might have to wait a bit. Cause my allowance for personal reasons.
And its a 99% chance that the items from pre order are Reshiram and Zekrom wall clings. (TRU has them, so GameStop might also, like when DPPtHGSS came out.)

Dent
January 31st, 2011, 06:24 PM
I have pre-ordered White already, and I intend to buy Black when I obtain enough money to do so.

BHwolfgang
January 31st, 2011, 06:43 PM
Once I find the money, I'll preorder it. It's probably going to be Pokemon White because I prefer Zekrom over Reshiram.

curiousnathan
January 31st, 2011, 07:12 PM
I have decided to wait for hopefully the third game which should release some time after Black and White; just like Platinum with Diamond and Pearl. I remember when DP just released. I rushe dout and bought it instead of waiting. When Platinum came out I was spewing, so it's sort of taught me a lesson. So I have decided to wait, no matter what may tempt me.

Rawrinism
January 31st, 2011, 08:11 PM
Wake up in the morning pretty darn early, rush out.
Get the game.
Play black & white till like all day. Possibly playing it everywhere I go.
:D

Alli
January 31st, 2011, 08:19 PM
I'll be getting Black on release day. :) Can't wait!

Livewire
January 31st, 2011, 09:12 PM
I will make every attempt to be there on release day, even though the place will be packed I'm sure. XD Our Gamestop always is.

zekes
January 31st, 2011, 11:51 PM
I am into playing it safe so I prefer to wait for a product review before I'll go and buy that stuff. It is just my excuse to save more money on my allowance. :D

Perrie ✿
January 31st, 2011, 11:56 PM
I've Pre-Ordered White, but I'm getting Black on it's release day :3.

lucariopulse333
February 1st, 2011, 12:26 PM
Pre-ordered white on the 12th of january. (:

MysticFlygon
February 1st, 2011, 12:35 PM
I got a 50$ mall gift card way back on Christmas and I plan on using it at the Gamestop there but I probably won't be able to get it the day it comes out and I'll have to wait until like March 18th.

Toshiro.
February 1st, 2011, 12:37 PM
I haven't pre-ordered, but I am going to try and grab a copy on the release day if I have time. If not, surely the day after xD

Galukxy
February 1st, 2011, 12:55 PM
This is what I'm going to do. I'll might try and pre-order it, but if I can't I'll just rush out to the shops and purchase it.

francisbb
February 1st, 2011, 01:02 PM
I'm probably just going to buy it the day it comes out. Its not that busy usally.

altariaking
February 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM
I'll get them when I can. I probably won't have the money until, like, a week after they come out, then whenever I'm next at anywhere that sells them, I'll buy White. Not exactly sure if I'll get White, but I might (yay for rhyme).

s4rg10
February 1st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Pre-ordered of amazon.ca today, decided to go with Black version
cant wait to start new journey!

Blue
February 1st, 2011, 03:26 PM
It seems like each day gets longer as it approaches the release date! I'm so excited for this game, once 4th March comes, I'm getting up early and getting myself a copy!

Thazoroark
February 3rd, 2011, 05:30 AM
i live in the Netherlands (europe)so i will be at 4 march bfore scool rushing to the game market and bought white (i like zekrom more)later i bought maybe black :P

Phantasmagoria
February 3rd, 2011, 06:16 AM
I'm hoping around May, when I have the chance to get it. I'm a bit tight on money, so I need to use it only in dire needs right now.

GlitchCity
February 3rd, 2011, 04:11 PM
I pre-ordered Black and White when I went to gamestop to recieve my shiny Raikou. Even so, I will wake up at 9 on sunday morning (the 6th lol) and rush to gamestop to pick up the games. I did the same thing with Heartgold and Soulsilver xD

Kamitsure-chan
February 3rd, 2011, 04:17 PM
I preordered Black today, cause I didn't want to wait until release day and go down and find there're like no copies XD

Kaori
February 4th, 2011, 04:02 AM
I haven't pre-ordered a copy yet, but I will be doing so early within this month. I'll be making sure to grab it the day of the release too which is March 6th here, and I don't think I could wait another day. :(

Zhinc
February 4th, 2011, 07:01 AM
I'm totally rushing out to get them the day they come out. What else to I have to do the Sunday of Spring Break? (:
I still need to preorder them, too; the wall-clings from Toy'R'Us made me pretty happy, so that's on my to-do list this weekend. (:

Latios Master
February 4th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I pre-ordered White at GameStop on Monday when I got three shiny Suicunes. I payed the full price so I can just pick it up on release day, which is when I'm getting it. I can't wait.

Lexxy
February 5th, 2011, 01:18 PM
My boyfriend and I are pre-ordering Black and White in a week or so.

The Red Chain
February 5th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I'm probably going to put down a pre-order sometime soon.
I have the Jap version already so I debated for a long time if I want to get the English one, and I think I do. :3

If I pre-order I'm not gonna pick it up till March 10th for personal reasons~.

princesskittenface
February 6th, 2011, 07:44 PM
lol i just put down a reserve payment for my fiancees game >0< ill probably pick mine up when i go to get his

Yono
February 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Going to put down a pre-order tomorrow or sometime during the week. Just one more month!

xeenx77
February 7th, 2011, 03:48 AM
yep day one for me but have not pre order yet (will do soon)

not a 100% on the book yet

Blue
February 7th, 2011, 04:56 AM
I keep changing my mind, I might Pre-Order, reserve, or pick-up in store on the release date, I'll most probally go with my last option, the only reason I had second thoughts about that was because it may be sold out everywhere but looking at it on a real scale, if I go early morning, when everyone is in School/Work/College ect. then I should be able to pick up a copy from somewhere out of the many Video Game Stores locally!

tmega1990
February 7th, 2011, 05:18 AM
I am getting it on day 1! My Mom preordered it for me for a Birthday/Christmas Present!

Blue
February 7th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Just found out that luckily, I've got a week off commencing 4th March the release date of B/W, which I'm really happy about so theres going to be alot of gameplay!

Backup
February 8th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Well, I preordered Black about a month ago.

Usually, for every Pokémon game, I go to Gamestop a couple of minutes early and wait outside the store along with the five or so other people. XD I'll be doing the same with Black.

Katja
February 8th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Me and my boyfriend are going to midnight release. :3

Blue
February 8th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Me and my boyfriend are going to midnight release. :3

Is there a midnight release?

and Getting closer, only 23 days now!

Venomoth Z
February 8th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I'll be preordering my copy of White, either today or tomorrow, l have to wait till the 6th to go get it because l live in Australia >.< oh well, i'll rush right to eb games after work.

Blue
February 8th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I'll be preordering my copy of White, either today or tomorrow, l have to wait till the 6th to go get it because l live in Australia >.< oh well, i'll rush right to eb games after work.

Australia get it on the 10th don't they?

Virtual Headache
February 8th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I have the Japanese game but I kinda feel tempted to buy the German one. It just would be nice to understand the game one time. Even though I know some Japanese I would need to look up a lot of words in a dictionary and I really can't be bothered to do that.
Still not 100% sure, since I regretted buying Pearl back when I already had Diamond. I also thought about Black City and White Forest which would hopefully work when I have both games, even though I only have one DS right now (but plan to get the 3DS in...a while).

So I will probably get it but certainly not on release day.

xeenx77
February 8th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Australia get it on the 10th don't they?

Hate this date >.< why give use it on the 10th why

TheUnown
February 9th, 2011, 02:29 AM
I just put down a reservation for Black today at Target (free $5 gift card xD). If not the day of, then I'll definitely get it during the week of release.

G.U.Y.
February 9th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Well, I pre-ordered it just now, and they game me the devilvery date of March 8, 2011. So, I will probably have to actually pay for it on the 6th, then I will get it on the 8th. :D

Although with Amazon, when I pre-ordered before with the fastest shipping, I've actually gotten the game a few days before the release date. I got fastest shipping again, since it was only 9 bucks, and since it's coming out on Sunday I think it's possible I will again. :D

MrGriszell
February 9th, 2011, 03:49 AM
Ill be geting both black and white on the release date, and i may get a second copy of white

fenyx4
February 19th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I have decided to wait for hopefully the third game which should release some time after Black and White; just like Platinum with Diamond and Pearl. I remember when DP just released. I rushe dout and bought it instead of waiting. When Platinum came out I was spewing, so it's sort of taught me a lesson. So I have decided to wait, no matter what may tempt me.

See, that's why I'm waiting for Gray Version. XD Granted, I don't regret buying Sapphire at all, and it getting lost was the main excuse for me to get Emerald. :\ The only annoying thing is that I did the waiting for Generation 4's Platinum, and I won't even get to play it until well after Generation 5 is underway :(

I just put down a reservation for Black today at Target (free $5 gift card xD). If not the day of, then I'll definitely get it during the week of release.

Lucky. -.-

But yeah...I'm going to hold back for a bit. I've never gotten any piece of media on release day (and I don't really mind), but admittingly, the action does sounds sort of interesting...

PiPVoda
February 19th, 2011, 06:15 PM
See, that's why I'm waiting for Gray Version. XD Granted, I don't regret buying Sapphire at all, and it getting lost was the main excuse for me to get Emerald. :\ The only annoying thing is that I did the waiting for Generation 4's Platinum, and I won't even get to play it until well after Generation 5 is underway :(.
Why don't you buy black or white? I wonder why some of you guys wait for a third installment, which we may not get for another 1-2 years. Too long to wait for me. I'd cave in.

Rai
February 19th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I'm getting Black as an Easter present :3 I'm really thankful for this because I'm a poor college student -.-;

hackerofdarkness
February 19th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I got it already though the way it was sent was a poor choice though I'm not getting the English version anytime soon

fenyx4
February 19th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Why don't you buy black or white? I wonder why some of you guys wait for a third installment, which we may not get for another 1-2 years. Too long to wait for me. I'd cave in.

Financial limitations (I'm thankful that I can even manage to receive games for my birthday and Christmas, unlike some of the world's underprivileged/impoverished population :'(); backlog of Wii/3DS games on wishlist; and my attempt to be frugal with my videogaming habit (come Gray Version, I anticipate that if I had been playing Black Version, my mind would keep on thinking about Gray's bonus content, and I'd end up using money on two games that are essentially the same thing). Additionally, I like to be self-sufficient regarding Pokemon, so I don't want to have to depend on a White Version player for a somewhat-difficult-to-obtain Zekrom when I can get all of the mascot legendaries in one game without any fuss. Aside from Zekrom, the other version exclusives are far more easily obtained, so I can do more trading for them if needed.

Finally, Black and White Versions have a few flaws that I'd like to see rectified in Gray Version (lack of: move tutors, Apricorn Balls, Follow-Me feature, HGSS menu enhancements, etc.)

But yeah...I waited out Generation 4 (more than I intended to, though ;_; ), so let's see if I can duplicate the feat with Generation 5... If I didn't have Emerald to tide me over during Gen 4, I might've caved in, too... :\

(though if I somehow randomly won a million-dollar lottery jackpot or something, I'd buy Black in a heartbeat, along with Gray when it comes out. >_>)

Mato
February 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I reserved both copies of Black/White, and I'll be rushing down on release day. >_<

インフェルノの津波
February 19th, 2011, 11:25 PM
I will be in a suit, coming in after school or whatever's going on that day, and say "I believe I placed an order on Pokemon White."

darkpokeball
February 20th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I will be in a suit, coming in after school or whatever's going on that day, and say "I believe I placed an order on Pokemon White."
Lawl, if you do, post a video of it on YouTube or something.

I pre-ordered, to get Vicky the Victini.

Kendosis
February 20th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Pre-ordered just now ! can't wait lol.

Xander Olivieri
February 20th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I work at Toys R Us and can hide both of my copies for myself since I preordered mine, but I'm praying I'm off so I can go in Sunday Morning just to pick them up, open them, Start the game, go to game stop and download Victini~

Bankaiglade
February 20th, 2011, 11:23 PM
I Will Get both Within the week it comes out! When I learned of its release,I Was inspired to create my own pokemon rom! I need a little help with a certain part but anway...I hope These two versions are Better than all the rest before!