PDA

View Full Version : [Program] Rgss Script Editor

help-14
January 31st, 2011, 05:43 AM
Well as you can see Rmxp's default script editor is good, but isn't as good as Visual Studio or Sharp Develop, ... That's why i made this tool, the next level of Rmxp script editor. Here is some features:

Old Rmxp's features
Multi-tab
Auto completion
Suggestion box
Open/Save Rmxp script
Script example
Automatic Update
Load syntaxs from Rmxp project

Sceenshot:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/056/8/8/rgss_script_editor_v3_is_here_by_help_14-d4q3pel.png
http://i.imm.io/hgIf.png
http://i.imm.io/hgIj.png
http://i.imm.io/hgI8.png

Download: v3 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10393831/Rgss-Script-Editor/Rgss_Script_Editor.rar

Press the phone button to send me a feedback or report bug. If you have problems with Updater, replace your Update.exe with this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10393831/Rgss-Script-Editor/Update.exe

Luka S.J.
January 31st, 2011, 07:03 AM
Very nice! You'll make the scripting part available to the even most novice users. Does this system auto correct syntax errors?

help-14
January 31st, 2011, 07:48 AM
Very nice! You'll make the scripting part available to the even most novice users. Does this system auto correct syntax errors?

Hehe Thank Luka, I am still working on it.

IceGod64
January 31st, 2011, 08:14 AM
Do you mean for example automatically creating an end for a container block? I seem to recall some programs I've used for scripting or programming doing that.

This looks like it has potential. Keep working at it!

help-14
January 31st, 2011, 08:57 AM
Do you mean for example automatically creating an end for a container block? I seem to recall some programs I've used for scripting or programming doing that.

This looks like it has potential. Keep working at it!

It already have automatic creating "end", you can see in screenshot, What i am trying to do is showing how to fix the error ^^

Geeked
January 31st, 2011, 11:57 AM
So this is an IDE?

[10 Char]

zingzags
January 31st, 2011, 12:14 PM
very nice, and very useful, and color coded this looks a lot easier.

help-14
January 31st, 2011, 05:15 PM
So this is an IDE?

Yes it is.

very nice, and very useful, and color coded this looks a lot easier.

Thank, have anyone found bugs yet ^^!

Geeked
January 31st, 2011, 05:21 PM
Yes, it crashed on me after trying to copy something from RMXP into it.

It said "something awesome for rmxp has stopped working" - I think.

I have a few suggestions for it though..

You should add "Right-Click" Clicking the top or using shortcuts for copying and pasting is kinda annoying
You should allow people to insert new scripts when working from a rmxp project, if that's possible. If it's not no biggy.

This could very well be a new age in scripting in RGSS.

help-14
January 31st, 2011, 05:43 PM
Yes, it crashed on me after trying to copy something from RMXP into it.

It said "something awesome for rmxp has stopped working" - I think.

I have a few suggestions for it though..

You should add "Right-Click" Clicking the top or using shortcuts for copying and pasting is kinda annoying
You should allow people to insert new scripts when working from a rmxp project, if that's possible. If it's not no biggy.

This could very well be a new age in scripting in RGSS.

I haven't made right-click yet, it is demo you know ^^! I am working on "Design mode", a simple design ide like visual studio ^^!

Geeked
January 31st, 2011, 06:26 PM
Great, good job so far man.

CollosalPokemon
January 31st, 2011, 11:19 PM
Wow help-14 this looks really cool. I tried to do something like this around 2 years ago but it was much more basic. Glad to see this one works well, but it doesn`t really change much because a lot of features are similar to RMXP`s editor but this one looks different, better at that.

I don`t like auto fixing syntax errors.

I have suggestions but they`d have to modify the rgss player to work :p because they`re a bit advanced, like the API suggestions I have won`t work without modified rgss player.

Good luck with this project!

~CP

help-14
January 31st, 2011, 11:29 PM
Wow help-14 this looks really cool. I tried to do something like this around 2 years ago but it was much more basic. Glad to see this one works well, but it doesn`t really change much because a lot of features are similar to RMXP`s editor but this one looks different, better at that.

I don`t like auto fixing syntax errors.

I have suggestions but they`d have to modify the rgss player to work :p because they`re a bit advanced, like the API suggestions I have won`t work without modified rgss player.

Good luck with this project!

~CP

Thank CP, more function comming soon. The greatest will be "Design mode".

P/S: Have anyone tried "Fix Indent" button yet? (^^)

thepsynergist
February 1st, 2011, 02:59 PM
This looks great! Did you make this in Visual Basic?

help-14
February 1st, 2011, 04:15 PM
This looks great! Did you make this in Visual Basic?

Yes, Visual Basic WPF application.

help-14
February 4th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Bad new, i am remake this tool, changing from WPF to winform, change new text editor so it will take a while to finish the final version :(

Spira
February 4th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Instead of creating an IDE you could always use something like Eclipse IDE and just make a plugin for RGSS that way you don't have to make the whole editor itself just the syntax and completion stuff.

Geeked
February 4th, 2011, 01:41 PM
That's ok, just make sure to keep the already great features. You might want to fix up the suggestion box, it auto-inserts stuff when you hit space and it get's annoying when I'm writing text.

help-14
February 4th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Instead of creating an IDE you could always use something like Eclipse IDE and just make a plugin for RGSS that way you don't have to make the whole editor itself just the syntax and completion stuff.

I want to make some features that Eclipse's plugin can't handle.

That's ok, just make sure to keep the already great features. You might want to fix up the suggestion box, it auto-inserts stuff when you hit space and it get's annoying when I'm writing text.

I know, that's why i am changing the text editor.

help-14
February 10th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Some screenshots of the new version :D

Bookmark :D
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w222/pokemonfan14/RSE/new1.png

Intellisense
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w222/pokemonfan14/RSE/new2.png

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w222/pokemonfan14/RSE/new3.png

Geeked
February 10th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Is this new version released?

help-14
February 10th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Is this new version released?

Nope, maybe next week. I am almost done the basic functions.

Update: You will not need .Net Framework 4.0 for next version :D

help-14
February 13th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Great new :D The new version is now finished, no .net framework require. You can download in the first post or use Automatic Update :D Screenshots will be update soon.

oldsnake90
February 13th, 2011, 08:13 AM
I keep on getting this measge when loading an rpg maker xp file on this editor

with the converter
Script 'Main' line 2: ArgumentError occurred.

Undefined class/module PokeBattle_Trainer

Geeked
February 13th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Omg, help-14 your amazing! I'll report any bugs I come across.

Error:
Script 'Main' line 2: ArgumentError occurred.

Undefined class/module PokeBattle_Trainer

help-14
February 13th, 2011, 05:15 PM
You have opened wrong file. Open Scripts.rxdata not Game.rxdata

Geeked
February 13th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Oh, lol thanks It works now.

Error:
NVM.

Zadow
February 13th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Hello Help-14, downloaded V2 and it certainly seems quite the useful tool, as I wanted to learn some RGSS I thought this would help, not such a tiny window, much better interface.
Although, unfortunately I get the exact same error the other two members posted about when trying to load my project, as far as I know I haven't edited anything around there.
Hopefully this can be resolved, your work is amazing.
I've attached the Pokebattle_Trainer script if it'll be of any help.

Edit : Hahaha too late xD
Sorry for my ignorance of the matter xD
Thanks for the awesome tool!

help-14
February 13th, 2011, 05:57 PM
You have opened wrong file. Open Scripts.rxdata not Game.rxdata

Hello Help-14, downloaded V2 and it certainly seems quite the useful tool, as I wanted to learn some RGSS I thought this would help, not such a tiny window, much better interface.
Although, unfortunately I get the exact same error the other two members posted about when trying to load my project, as far as I know I haven't edited anything around there.
Hopefully this can be resolved, your work is amazing.
I've attached the Pokebattle_Trainer script if it'll be of any help.

Edit : Hahaha too late xD
Sorry for my ignorance of the matter xD
Thanks for the awesome tool!

In the old version, you can open Game.rxproj, but in this version you can't do that. Open scripts.rxdata directly, not Game.rxdata.

oldsnake90
February 13th, 2011, 07:31 PM
thank you for the help man.

Geeked
February 16th, 2011, 02:13 PM
What happened to the suggestion box?

Also when using " it adds a extra ' when you try to type in something with an apostrophe like "Need's".

help-14
February 16th, 2011, 05:13 PM
What happened to the suggestion box?

Also when using " it adds a extra ' when you try to type in something with an apostrophe like "Need's".

See the new screenshot, use intellisense -> From current project lo load syntax. And press intellisense to show suggestion box

imthemovie
February 16th, 2011, 07:12 PM
What is Design Mode? It's not functional yet, I know; I'm just curious. lol

Geeked
February 17th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Okay, I see now how to use it, but Is there a way so I don't have to keep selecting it to show suggestions? I want it to always have suggestions but don't fill them in when the "space" key is hit but when the "tab" key is hit. :/

help-14
February 17th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Yeah will have in the next version ^^

Geeked
February 18th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks man, it's coming along great!

help-14
February 20th, 2011, 03:40 AM
What do you think if i don't include .Net 2.0 in program anymore ? The setup file will be smaller and it will fix some small bug. Tell me what do you think. (Windows Vista and Windows 7 don't need to install .Net 2.0, it have already had)

Geeked
February 23rd, 2011, 02:12 PM
If it fixes a bug issue then go for it.

SytheXP
February 24th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Installing now. Hopefully this will help me grasp scripting a little better.

Geeked
February 25th, 2011, 06:00 PM
It asks me to update to 2.5.10, however when I try to do the update it gives me a 404 not found error.

help-14
February 25th, 2011, 06:12 PM
It asks me to update to 2.5.10, however when I try to do the update it gives me a 404 not found error.

You got that error when using Update.exe ? It is still working on my computer ~_~

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w222/pokemonfan14/RSE/update.png

help-14
February 25th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Yay i'm back with the newest version: v3.0. It is completely re-code again ^^! Bunch of new features, better graphic, and awesome "multi dockable tabs". You should remove the old version.

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10393831/Rgss-Script-Editor/Rgss_Script_Editor.rar

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/056/8/8/rgss_script_editor_v3_is_here_by_help_14-d4q3pel.png

Rayquaza.
February 25th, 2012, 07:17 AM
I't doesn't work. When I run it Get a message (Attached to post) because you have not included the runtime version of 'Syncfusion.edit.windows' could you please include it? Or let me know how to get it.

help-14
February 25th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Oops my bad, please run update.exe to fix that ==! Sorry >"<
If you find more bugs, use orange phone button to report it ^^

Rayquaza.
February 25th, 2012, 07:32 AM
It won't run properly. It comes up with more handling errors.

Riansky
February 25th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I have the same problem as Rayquaza

help-14
February 25th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Try to delete it and download this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10393831/Rgss-Script-Editor/Rgss_Script_Editor.rar
I have just tested on my friend's pc and it worked >"<

Rayquaza.
February 25th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Thanks, you're a real lifesaver! I can't script very well so this application will help me get to grips with basic rgss scripting.

seeker
February 25th, 2012, 08:09 AM
This is so much more useful when compiling scripts. The addition of being able to play the game is also very useful when working on things. I do receive lag when trying to create a new script, I think you could improve on that functionality. But good work so far.

help-14
February 25th, 2012, 08:18 AM
This is so much more useful when compiling scripts. The addition of being able to play the game is also very useful when working on things. I do receive lag when trying to create a new script, I think you could improve on that functionality. But good work so far.

I was very impatient to release this ^^! Still have some small bugs and unfinished feature ^^! It is a bit laggy when open new tab because the text area is loading ruby syntax, have try a lot of things but can't made it faster >"< But after opening some tabs, it will faster for some reason XD

KingCharizard
February 25th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Wow dude very impressive.. I'm very impressed with intellsense. Although I don't see the point behind the bookmarks and paragraph tabs...

may i ask what language is this made in? I think you should start a homepage and ask for donations because this is one of the best things to be made for rmxp, VX, & just RGSS in general

help-14
February 25th, 2012, 09:27 AM
glass you like it ^^ the paragraph group will help you have better look anh the bookmark help you quick navigate in long script like pokebattle_... the best feature is design mode which allow you design the scene and translate to code but haven't done yet. working on "analyze error log" function too. i am using c#

KingCharizard
February 25th, 2012, 09:49 AM
i am using c#
Good language! My favorite...

I would suggest a feature, but everything I would want in a IDE is already there.

help-14
February 25th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Please exit the program and run update.exe. I have fixed over 20 important bugs ^^!
Or download in here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10393831/Rgss-Script-Editor/Rgss_Script_Editor.rar

help-14
March 11th, 2012, 07:03 PM
If you have problems with Updater, replace your Update.exe with this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10393831/Rgss-Script-Editor/Update.exe

KingCharizard
November 10th, 2012, 06:42 AM
I wanted to know if anyone is using this or has used this. Also are you still developing this Help-14 and a topic with a resource like this deserved to be bumped, if it was wrong of me to do im sure one of the mods will lock this..

Umbreon
November 11th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I did use this before, but it did corrupt my scripts, but that was very long ago, I don't know about now. But I do agree, this is a good resource.

ppooookkkkkkk
November 12th, 2012, 09:00 AM
wow windows 8 :O drools anyways will this help me make my next gen pokedexe's?

off topic: are you using a touch screen or just mouse and keyboard

Cilerba
November 12th, 2012, 10:55 AM
KingCharizard, I'm sure you've been here long enough to know that the limit for reviving threads is two months.