PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Your WTF moments?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zeko
February 3rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
I was looking for this thread, and apparently it didn't exist...
Anyways just post some random moment in Pokemon Black or White where you thought, "WTF?"

Mine was today. I was playing White, and when I got to Route 2, I found a Bulbasaur! I battled a few more. I couldn't catch them because it was a nuzlocke challenge. After a few Bulbasaur, the Missingo of this game (A question mark in a circle) started appearing! I was so confused... Probably a broken ROM, but not sure.

Destiny
February 21st, 2011, 12:02 AM
I was fighting Kyurem and he had KO'd 5 of my pokemon.
My last alive was my Tranquill.(hatooboo)
Kyurem was in red HP and I could have revived any of my pokemon to buy me time.
He could take me down.
I lobbed an ultra ball, knowing that if it missed I would die.
But I still caught Kyurem.

Tropical Sunlight
February 21st, 2011, 01:31 AM
When I caught a Virizion in an ordinary Poke Ball and it wasn't even a Critical Capture! XD

TheAppleFreak
March 5th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Well, since the games are being released here in the US... might as well ACTIVATE MY BUMPING POWERS

I was playing through Japanese White, and I was in the Battle Subway. I used Shell Blade on a Pokémon, and I had recoil damage inflicted on me. Wat.

Venomire
March 5th, 2011, 12:37 PM
TheAppleFreak used a Revive!
Venomire uses ANGRYRANT!

I have a really annoying WTF moment and I don't even have the game yet! I was going to get Pokemon Black from Tesco, who were selling it becuase I checked and I definitely did check, and my mother insisted on going to get it for me as a present. She gets home, and I have a direct transcript in my head:
Mu,: I'm home!
Me: Ah, brilliant. How was it?
Mum: Uh, fine thanks.
Me: Would you like a hand?
Mum: Ooh, yes please.
*Half an hour later, and all the shopping's away*
Me: So, where's the game?
Mum: Oh, I had a look and it wasn't there.
Me: WHAT!? did you LOOK in the games section!?
Mum: Oh, I didn't think of that...

Superjub
March 5th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Probably how often my Blitzle and Drilbur are fainting. >:O

Inferny
March 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I bought my copy of Black yesterday (It came out in Europe yesterday :3.) Now, this afternoon when I had just got through that what-was-it dead pokemon place by the Twisted tower. Almost at the top, just a step before the cutscene, when I get interupted by a fight. Goddamnit.

Aaaand then my WTF moment. 1 hour into my new game I meet a Shiny Litwick and catches it :D Got my first Shiny today!! And Chandeliur in shiny is really awesome so I can't wait to get it levelled.

Zayin
March 5th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I had a WTF moment when we have to climb in the ferris wheel with N. That was random.

Kon~
March 5th, 2011, 04:22 PM
When I didn't know what Assist did, I had this happen (Marik is my Purrloin, BTW):

Marik used Assist.
Marik used Shock Wave!
It's super effective!
Wild Pidove fainted!

Me: o___O Holy poop Assist is amazing.

shinyabsol1
March 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM
When I threw a pokeball at a wild shelmet and caught it with a critical capture...and had no idea what had just happened until I looked up new game mechanics...

pulpitar1
March 6th, 2011, 12:19 AM
My WTF moment was when I got to the Daycare and there was little kids who couldn'tt be anymore than 5 years old and they have pokemon! I mean your character has to wait untill there 10 to get their first pokemon.

SquirtleGirl
March 6th, 2011, 02:37 AM
My WTF moment was when I got to the Daycare and there was little kids who couldn'tt be anymore than 5 years old and they have pokemon! I mean your character has to wait untill there 10 to get their first pokemon.

That made me go WTF too :L

My WTF moment was in the second gym when the bookcase pulled away to reveal a staircase. I had a bit of nostalgia for the Rocket Hideout in the shop at the Lake of Rage... :L

Noah Ridgewood
March 6th, 2011, 02:58 AM
I tweeted a lot of my WTF moments. Here they are.
Bros. You destroyed my room, and you just leave? Not cool.
"The X button is very important to trainers."
"If I use the town map, I'll always know where I am... That's certainly helpful."
We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz!
Poké Balls and Potions are the only thing you can buy, you just said you'd definitely buy those. And yet you don't know what you want? lmao.
Whoa, N. Slow down! We just met, and you wanna hear my Pokémon's voice? Don't you think you should meet it first?
Cheren, what do you think telling a complete stranger our goals like it's anybody's business?
"My husband and I are compatible..." Oh, how sweet! "Because he can not beat me in a battle." Oh...
A Dusk Ball given to me by a strange man behind a bunch of city houses? That sounds like New York.
Aww, that sucks. You can't go on the bed in this game. I used to always do that when I was going to go to sleep irl. Felt more real.
Not gonna describe them, since anyone who played the game would know. And I took a peak in this thread before I got the game and wished I wasn't so nosy, but whatever. Just wanna avoid throwing that many spoilers at people, since this list is pretty easy to follow for the people who played the game. Goes from getting our first Pokémon to reaching Striaton City, and then going back home.

I keep bumping into people and inanimate objects. It's frustrating.

Actor
March 6th, 2011, 03:03 AM
My personal WTF moment as finding a grammatical mistake in the dress-up game. 'Is this look okay?' was dispalyed, which just makes no sence. Nice job translation guys.

j2y8n2x
March 6th, 2011, 03:39 AM
My WTF moment was after beating Elite 4, the level of the trainers' Pokemon suddenly raise to 60-something.

I was like "WHAT? I have no Pokemon to battle you!"

jammi567
March 6th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Getting Pokerus for the first time ever.

WTF. Not that I'm complaining.

Futachimaru
March 6th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Well, I taught my Munna Sycnoize thinking oitwould hit other Pokemon....Then I finmd out it ONLY WORKS ON PYSCHIC TYPES!!! D= I had to go though two hours without attacking =(. WTF!

Zayin
March 6th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I just remembered that participating to the Pokemon musical was another WTF moment. I mean, what the heck is that?! XD

Raichupacabra
March 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM
My WTF moment was when my team kept getting swept by Patrats, Purrloins, and Lillipups in the first gym.

OMG WTF
The wild Pokemon in the beginning only give like 15-25 EXP.

And Audinos are hard to find in the beginning with no repels.

Superjub
March 6th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I tweeted a lot of my WTF moments. Here they are.
Bros. You destroyed my room, and you just leave? Not cool.
"The X button is very important to trainers."
"If I use the town map, I'll always know where I am... That's certainly helpful."
We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz!
Poké Balls and Potions are the only thing you can buy, you just said you'd definitely buy those. And yet you don't know what you want? lmao.
Whoa, N. Slow down! We just met, and you wanna hear my Pokémon's voice? Don't you think you should meet it first?
Cheren, what do you think telling a complete stranger our goals like it's anybody's business?
"My husband and I are compatible..." Oh, how sweet! "Because he can not beat me in a battle." Oh...
A Dusk Ball given to me by a strange man behind a bunch of city houses? That sounds like New York.
Aww, that sucks. You can't go on the bed in this game. I used to always do that when I was going to go to sleep irl. Felt more real.
Not gonna describe them, since anyone who played the game would know. And I took a peak in this thread before I got the game and wished I wasn't so nosy, but whatever. Just wanna avoid throwing that many spoilers at people, since this list is pretty easy to follow for the people who played the game. Goes from getting our first Pokémon to reaching Striaton City, and then going back home.

I keep bumping into people and inanimate objects. It's frustrating.

I also hate how you can't go on a chair. :\

Anyway, Skyarrow bridge. :< Yes, Game Freak, you can use camera angles, but how they were used on Skyarrow bridge was a little bit excessive (e.g.: showing it above your character, to zoom in along-side him/her, only to go back above him/her after a few more steps. Seriosuly, Game Freak? :|

Opposite Day
March 6th, 2011, 01:08 PM
My WTF moment was probably when I saw the connection between Slowbro and Zekrom. Like two minutes ago.

http://i51.tinypic.com/144bj0k.jpg

Tonko
March 6th, 2011, 02:43 PM
My personal WTF moment as finding a grammatical mistake in the dress-up game. 'Is this look okay?' was dispalyed, which just makes no sence. Nice job translation guys.

You're reading it as though it should say "does this look okay", where "look" is a verb, but in the sentence in the game, "look" is a noun, like "what a great new look!" or something. So it's asking "is this look [as in, outfit] okay?"

My WTF moment was how long it took to be able to check my pokemon's nature after picking it. Boy, that is going to be a huge pain in future runs. I got a modest Oshawott, could be worse I guess.

adhdguitar
March 6th, 2011, 03:49 PM
When I first saw Palpitoad, I freaked out. It looks like it's gonna rape you. D:

Also, I was a little creeped out when N gets in the Ferris Wheel with you, as I was playing on the Japanese version, and didn't know what the context of it was.

Everyone Esplode Noaw
March 6th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Docile. Oshawott.

'Nuff said.

The Corrupt Plague
March 6th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I got Pokerus in my first hour of playing, I kid you not.

NightOfRemorse
March 6th, 2011, 05:11 PM

That's not a grammatical error. It's saying "this look" as in "This look is so last year" or something. xD

Anyway, my wtf moments are:

-After the first battle, my room was all trashed and there's footprints everywhere. Wtf? All the Pokémon did was tackle each other nonstop xD
-When we were about to learn how to catch Pokémon, that one girl (forgot her name) said, "This is so exciting! I wonder what will happen!" I'm like wtf, we barely walked into route 1 and you think something big will happen?
-The video calls are creepy. They don't move, they just blink o_o
-When the mom calls me on the video chat, I got distracted for a few seconds. I look back at my game, the video call is over, and the mom is standing right in front of me. Is she stalking me?

Barn
March 6th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Lenora wipes through the 5 Pokémon on my team, and then I pull out the Sawk that I JUST caught, and it OHKOs both her Herdier AND Watchog.

Did I just spend all that time training for nothing? I guess I did. xD

Quicksand.
March 6th, 2011, 06:55 PM
that creepy man behind the building that gives you a dusk ball was pretty WTF worthy. :/ XD

Dillon_68
March 6th, 2011, 06:56 PM
I spent an hour searching for a Venipede to find that it was INSIDE the Pinwheel Forest. -_-

Kyoko
March 6th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks for messing up my room guys, and then LEAVING IT. I wanted to clean it so bad XD;

also, the fact that you had to sit through the tour of the ~pokemon center, pc, mart, and how to catch a pokrmon~ weren't we able to skip in previous games? or assumed we could figure this stuff out? it was so annoying.

the fact that you have best friends that stalk you everywhere.
I like training on my own D:

why, why, do preschoolers have pokemon?! don't you have to be at least ten years-old before you're allowed to get one? my pride hurt when a preschooler almost beat my pansear

that's it so far~

Weavile05
March 6th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I lost the first battle.... Stupid critical hit tackles.

musesum626
March 6th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Finding a Blitzle in Route 3; I didn't think you could get them that early in the game! :D

A negative equally WTF moment was finding out that Quick Attack is now weaker than Tackle...

Kaori
March 7th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Having a Purrloin avoid all my attacks. It must have been about more than ten rounds before I could actually get a move to hit it. D; I've been having a lot of bad moments with this cat

Kon~
March 7th, 2011, 03:53 AM
My Liepard always manages to get Assist to use a super-effective move when I really need it.

Like, against some guy's Panpour, I kept spamming assist, I got Light Screen, Pursuit, Leer... then, when I was down to 2HP, I thought "That's it, then. >.<" and pressed Assist one last time...

Quick Claw got in a first hit and Assist picked up Shock Wave.

WTF.

Awesome.

skyluigi2
March 7th, 2011, 09:36 AM
My Boldore was battling a Minccino.
Here's what happened:

Boldore is fast asleep.
Minccino used (fury swipes or whatever it is.)
*Knocks about 2 health off*
It's not very effective...
Minccino was hurt by the Rocky Helmet! (It was hurt more than it hurt Boldore xD)

This happened four times, it might have been five, but Minccino fainted before that xD

Pyrax
March 7th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Having a Purrloin avoid all my attacks. It must have been about more than ten rounds before I could actually get a move to hit it. D;

Same here, except it was a random trainer's Emolga spamming double team.

KingCharizard
March 7th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I had a WTF moment when we have to climb in the ferris wheel with N. That was random.'

Yeah when he said he was king of team plasma, I laughed and thought ur joking right.. seriously.. by this point in the game u beat him like 3 times.. lmao

X Latios
March 7th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Proving the B&W's AI still has room for improvement I was battling Cheren I only had my Servine left who had around 18hp and he just sent out his Pignite, one fire move would have finished me off. He used Defence Curl every turn and I took him down with a few Mega Drains...

avolonsaber
March 7th, 2011, 11:57 AM
When I got to the first Gym and Cilan's Pansage swept my team like 3 times because of Work Up/Vine Whip. My level 13 Pansear even knew Incinerate, but it hardly did anything.

Zvezda
March 7th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Catching Victini in a Pokeball.
That shady guy behind a building who gives you a Dusk Ball.
The Ferris Wheel ride with N.

Raichu1988
March 7th, 2011, 12:33 PM
The second gym leader fight. I had a fighting pokemon for the occassion of normal types so I used Sawk. I KO'ed her first pokemon easily. Then, her second kept using Hypnosis and then killing all my pokemon with Retaliate. She knocked out my level 18 Sawk, level 18 Servine, level 15 Lillipup, level 17 Panpour, and level 15 Audino. Audino got her pokemons health down to a small margin but all I had left was a level 10 Munna. Well, her pokemon attacked munna and munna attacked but there was little damage dealt since it was much weaker, this went on until munna had 2 hp and I thought for sure munna would faint next turn. Her pokemon missed and munna ko'ed it. I was really WTF since Sawk's fighting moves couldn't kill that pokemon for some reason but Munna did. o.O Every time the health went low she used potion or then it ate a berry.

Yukimi
March 7th, 2011, 01:19 PM
The ferris wheel ride with N was absolutely pointless. Definitely a WTF moment.

Kon~
March 7th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Marik used Assist!
Marik used Fly!

WTF FLYING LIEPARD

Gragh. Assist never fails to WTF me.

Gulpin
March 7th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Only finding Gem's when searching for Drilbur d.d

Spiky-Eared Pichu
March 7th, 2011, 02:30 PM
My WTF moment was when I walked into the Electric Rock Cave for the first time. I walked like 30 steps and a Joltik appeared. The point of this? IT WAS SHINY.

Heliotrope
March 7th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Hypnosis. When the computer uses it, it will hit you EVERY time.

No kidding.

"Hey man. Those people you're after? Oh yeah, I'm the leader. Just thought I'd let you know while we're alone."

Natester
March 7th, 2011, 04:44 PM
My WTF moment is when I caught Victini in a net ball and it was my only netball. Granted, it was at 1 hp and asleep but still, really unexpected.

Burzes
March 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I was battling Lenora for the 3rd time trying to win. Right after I KO'd her Herdier, I switched to my Dewott and her Watchog died a whole lot quicker. It didn't even use Retaliate.

GlitchCity
March 7th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I flipped out when I found out that you cannot have the L=A option. My face was all like >:|

And I also freaked out when I only had 6 boxes in the PC. Who knew you would miss the basic stuff?

Burzes
March 7th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I flipped out when I found out that you cannot have the L=A option. My face was all like >:|

And I also freaked out when I only had 6 boxes in the PC. Who knew you would miss the basic stuff?

Yeah, and how are you supposed to capture all the pokemon when you only have a little less than 150 box slots?

MichaelDj54
March 7th, 2011, 06:17 PM
I think my main WTF moment came when I realize that everyone in this region is overwhelmingly generous. I don't think I've been given a free Pokemon (My Pansear), in...ever.

Stormbringer
March 7th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Not much of a WTF moment, but in the beginning against Cheren and Bianca my Snivy wiped both of them them out with 3 Crits without even being touched. Such a beast. o3o

Barn
March 7th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah, and how are you supposed to capture all the pokemon when you only have a little less than 150 box slots?

Once you catch more Pokémon, you gain more box slots, ending up with 24 boxes if you catch a lot of Pokémon.

Heather
March 7th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Mine was this morning when my Pokemon was poisoned during a battle and I didn't heal it. So afterwards I was walking around and there was no shaky screen, or lowering HP. Happy day!

DrPhil
March 7th, 2011, 08:32 PM
when i learned poke transfer needs 2 Ds's...... -_- ...............

Dr Caterpie
March 7th, 2011, 08:39 PM
The fact that we face the Villan's leader on the first encounter, which broke the tradition.

Burzes
March 7th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I was battling a Scraggy I think.. it used Double Slap and my Dewott got hit 3 times instead of 2.

spike6958
March 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
when i learned poke transfer needs 2 Ds's...... -_- ...............

My WTF moment is this post, seriously how could you not realize that you would need two DS consoles to do this transfer. You Pokemon are on one cart and the region you want to send them to is on another, how where you expecting them to get there?

My other WTF moment wasn't so much mine as it was my Mrs, she was trying to catch a Sandile for about an hour, she kept making them faint by accident and she kept getting more and more frustrated. But what annoyed her the most though was that in that time, I beat the 3rd gym, captured a Sandile AND a Scraggy and was almost finished with route 4, eventually she did manage to catch one, and from the look in her eyes if she hadn't caught it she would have attacked me XD.

adhdguitar
March 7th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Just forgot, I did have a huge WTF moment. (But a good one.)

When N drove his whole freaking castle into the Elite Four's place, I was astounded.

Eurydice
March 7th, 2011, 10:30 PM
my wtf moment was today when i went to the pokemon center and the lady there was like is today your birthday? happy birthday.
i know its not all that great but i wasnt expecting it

BonzaiMudkip
March 8th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I've had a couple already

- my starter losing my first battle against bianca (stupid critical hits)
- basicly every critical hit my opponent lands on me
- My gym battle with Elesa. Her emolgas were annoying as hell. Also my scraggy taking out elesa's zebstrika in 1 hit, it had full HP while scraggy only had a half HP left. Every single one of my pokemon were out except scraggy.(thanks to those emolgas and zebstrika) I knew it couldn't take another hit, but to my surprise, it lands a critical hit and removes all of its health.
-any pokemon i encounter who has an intimidating appearance (druddigon being one of them)

Dominus Temporis
March 8th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Seasoned Pokemon fan that I am (plus being slightly loopy enough to have a pretty massive suspension of disbelief), not much surprises me about the games anymore. I did have one huge moment though... whenever Juniper calls you, why does she stand in that pose?? It looks so awkward to have her with her hand on her forehead like that...

Toasty.Toast
March 8th, 2011, 06:13 AM
My wtf moment? Me and my friends got the 5th gen games last night. We choose all three starters, and they all have a careful nature. so random...

インフェルノの津波
March 8th, 2011, 06:15 AM
More like a surprise moment, I caught Tynamo pretty fast in Chargestone Cave, though it appears on the bottom floor only 8% of the time.

A real one would have to be almost slaughtered by Charles. He's pretty hard to beat, had to actually use revives in this game.

Nateon
March 8th, 2011, 06:52 AM
One of mine was before i got white i said i will keep resetting until i get a female tsutarja/snivy, start the game and instantly get a female with modest nature, was pretty pleased with that while like WAH? Now she's a level 60 Jalorda/Serperior and has 2 more attack stat points than special, which kind've defies all of the nature...
Was also very GRRRR and WTF about the Sasanzadora/Hydra dragon thing you battle last in the main story line, kept wiping out everything i had and used about 23 revives to finally get through it, then coming out and carrying on to new places to discover i was now around 20 levels lower than everyone i came across!!

Rich Boy Rob
March 8th, 2011, 07:20 AM
I think my main WTF moment came when I realize that everyone in this region is overwhelmingly generous. I don't think I've been given a free Pokemon (My Pansear), in...ever.

I know, everyone and their dog seems be giving one thing or another.

Also that house in Iricius (?) City with the Quiz Show Family. I expected to get some pointless trivia or an item, but no. I walk in the door and:
"WELCOME! Our next contestant is... THIS GUY!" (Or something to that effect)
I was just sitting there thinking "...What... the hell?" with almost this exact expression: O_o

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
March 8th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I had one when I first got my starter only it was more a FTW than a WTF, my Snivy was Female and I didn't even try to get a female, she's cute and reminds me a lot of Ash's Snivy even nature wise...

Cyb3r0t4ku
March 8th, 2011, 09:33 AM
My inability to get Pokerus or a shiny Pokemon.

Early on it seems you get very little exp and take a lot of damage from enemies - many a WTF moments trying to pick yourself up from a brawl with a Patrat or other such basic Pokemon and losing -_-.

Kww37
March 8th, 2011, 09:46 AM
My first WTF moment was when I learned TMs could be used over and over again. That will come in handy.
Second WTF moment was how fast you could get the two pokemon from fossils.
Third WTF moment was around every entrance to a cave or building there is a house that will always have someone to rest your pokemon for you.
Last WTF was the annoyance of Emolga and Double Team....

skyluigi2
March 8th, 2011, 10:27 AM
When battling Elesa, all she did was spam Volt Switch. Really. Even when it was her last Pokemon, she still used it. 0_o

-Totodile42

TurkeyCoctail
March 8th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Myself, I was shocked by the fact you could use TMs as many times as you want! That's cool, it'll make the game much more pleasant. ^.^
Also, when watching Patrats appear over and over again, my firt thought was "Oh how I miss Rattatas!" X3 (It's not like I hate all 5th gen Pokemon, I just don't like Patrats. Rattatas were cooler. And cuter.)

Oryx
March 8th, 2011, 12:58 PM
>Game set in New York
>Desert
>WTF moment

wingman11
March 8th, 2011, 02:05 PM
My WTF moment: The Pokémon Musicals. What the hell is that? Dress up, then watch pointless dancing around. I thought it'd be at least somewhat entertaining. Oh well. I got to dress up my Scraggy like a gangsta-gentleman.

Also, getting Archen and seeing its ability. Halves its stats at half HP? Really, Nintendo? Screw that.

And one last thing. Though it's not a WTF moment, can you believe Bianca's personality? Or Cheren's? They're the kinds of people I can't stand: an air-headed girly girl and a know-it-all-I'm-always-right/self-righteous jerk. GRRRRRRR.

Volroc
March 10th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I was trying to catch Volcarona, i had it paralyzed and in the Red, i through a Net ball i get my first critical capture and it FAILS, 3seconds later i throw another Net Ball and i get ANOTHER critical capture& it succeeds, i fell to the floor laughin, that had to be fate, how often can you get double critical captures in 1battle XD

My other WTF moments are catching Victini took me 46balls for the lil rat to finally get in, but i go to N's castle and it takes me 3balls to catch Zekrom -_-" worst of it is Victini was only at 1health, & Zekrom was still in the Yellow...

and when i got to face the champion i set up with Quiver Dance on Volcarona thinkin im gonna die might as well leave as large a mark as i can,but instead i swept his whole team aside without taking a single hit (not countin the hits i took setting up)

インフェルノの津波
March 10th, 2011, 07:02 AM
My WTF moment: The Pokémon Musicals. What the hell is that? Dress up, then watch pointless dancing around. I thought it'd be at least somewhat entertaining. Oh well. I got to dress up my Scraggy like a gangsta-gentleman.

Also, getting Archen and seeing its ability. Halves its stats at half HP? Really, Nintendo? Screw that.

And one last thing. Though it's not a WTF moment, can you believe Bianca's personality? Or Cheren's? They're the kinds of people I can't stand: an air-headed girly girl and a know-it-all-I'm-always-right/self-righteous jerk. GRRRRRRR.

I find problems with your post, well beyond Musicals, I agree they suck.

1. Archen and Archeops would've been extremely broken without Defeatist. And only Attack/Sp. Attack is halved.

2. You must have limited perception of the world, I've met plenty of Cherens and Biancas in the world. Though they aren't obvious about it, they have the same traits. It's more common than you think, actually.

Novia
March 10th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Nothing like yours but my "wtf" moment was during one of my first wild pokemon battles. My starter fainted after one apparently all-powerful tackle from a Lillipup.

Volroc
March 10th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Nothing like yours but my "wtf" moment was during one of my first wild pokemon battles. My starter fainted after one apparently all-powerful tackle from a Lillipup.
i had that happen against biancas oshawott lol
p.s. you cant catch psyduck in the wild in black&white,only golduck so youll need to breed :)

Oryx
March 10th, 2011, 07:41 AM
2. You must have limited perception of the world, I've met plenty of Cherens and Biancas in the world. Though they aren't obvious about it, they have the same traits. It's more common than you think, actually.

He didn't say that he's never met anyone like that, just that he didn't like them. o-o; "They're the kinds of people I can't stand", not "They don't exist in real life".

Kon~
March 10th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I was trying to catch Volcarona, i had it paralyzed and in the Red, i through a Net ball i get my first critical capture and it FAILS, 3seconds later i throw another Net Ball and i get ANOTHER critical capture& it succeeds, i fell to the floor laughin, that had to be fate, how often can you get double critical captures in 1battle XD

My other WTF moments are catching Victini took me 46balls for the lil rat to finally get in, but i go to N's castle and it takes me 3balls to catch Zekrom -_-" worst of it is Victini was only at 1health, & Zekrom was still in the Yellow...

and when i got to face the champion i set up with Quiver Dance on Volcarona thinkin im gonna die might as well leave as large a mark as i can,but instead i swept his whole team aside without taking a single hit (not countin the hits i took setting up)

To be fair, I just found out Zekrom/Reshiram's catch rate is pretty high for a legendary, while Victini's is set at the usual low rate. Something to do with having to catch them to progress the storyline or something...

My latest WTF was when I was crossing Tubeline Bridge. I didn't even notice that it was Ghetsis stood up ahead and nearly had a heart attack when SUDDENLY NINJAS popped up out of the bridge to bring me to him. D:

Forever
March 10th, 2011, 08:10 AM
When I realised about 4 parts of Unova were in previous dreams I've had in my life, just not pixelated o_O

The Red HP theme. It just randomly appeared earlier and I scared myself. XD Also the fact that I swear N completely lost a Pokemon.

pmwilkins
March 10th, 2011, 08:14 AM
My graphical moment was going across the first big bridge. WHHHAAAAAAA!?!?!?!

Then when I was catching something or another my pokeball paused right before the capture, wiggled once, and BAM! caught. Critical catches? OH YEA!!!

Jaiyke
March 10th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I was fighting Lenora... and I thought I had given Arsea(My Tranquill) an Oran berry
I was battling her Herdier and when my HP went down to half I was like WTF? why didn't she heeeeeaaaal? DDx
but on that turn I downed Herdier and used Roost
and while battling Watchog it used Hypnosis twice but failed and I had it down to half by then
on the third Hypnosis it put me to sleep and I was liek "OH NOOO D;" but then it woke up
What I had given it was a Chesto Berry :| so then I Air Cutted which Critical'd and Quick Attacked .__. I deafeated her with my Bird xDD JUST A BIRD! took me 2 times in my Japanese run >.>

Novia
March 10th, 2011, 09:49 AM
i had that happen against biancas oshawott lol
p.s. you cant catch psyduck in the wild in black&white,only golduck so youll need to breed :)

Oo thank you lol, I would have been out looking for one forever.

jle1076
March 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM

If you're going to complain about grammatical errors, PLEASE don't spell sense and was wrong.

you never played Yellow apparently

ALSO, my WTF moment was when I beat the entire E4 with a level 51 Haxorus 0_o talk about Hax

Heliotrope
March 10th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Just fought Skyla and EVERY attack in that battle was a critical hit. Heart Stamp, Air Slash, Quick Attack, everything. Although every Rock Slide my Excadrill used crit too soooo... I'm not really complaining, haha.

AyameHikaru
March 10th, 2011, 11:39 AM
If you're going to complain about grammatical errors, PLEASE don't spell sense and was wrong.

Not to mention, that's not a mistake. 'Look' is a noun in that sentence, not a verb. It's saying "Is this style okay?" just with a different word.

Dreadnought
March 10th, 2011, 11:40 AM
For me it was after I beat the elite 4 and N. While heading to new places unlocked like White Forest I found the trainers had like lvl 64+ pokemon while my team was barely mid 50's after beating N.

Oryx
March 10th, 2011, 11:40 AM
ALSO, my WTF moment was when I beat the entire E4 with a level 51 Haxorus 0_o talk about Hax

It makes me sad that the game possesses the ability Download and didn't give it to Haxorus. ):

Rich Boy Rob
March 10th, 2011, 12:08 PM
To be fair, I just found out Zekrom/Reshiram's catch rate is pretty high for a legendary, while Victini's is set at the usual low rate. Something to do with having to catch them to progress the storyline or something...

Seriously?
I had assumed Victini's was much higher than normal, seeing as the event and ability to use said event were so early on and it being only level 15. It only took a couple of Great Balls and 5 or 6 Pokéballs for me to catch it XD

Makes me wonder how quickly I'll catch Reshiram...

Kon~
March 10th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Seriously?
I had assumed Victini's was much higher than normal, seeing as the event and ability to use said event were so early on and it being only level 15. It only took a couple of Great Balls and 5 or 6 Pokéballs for me to catch it XD

Makes me wonder how quickly I'll catch Reshiram...

Yeah, Reshiram and Zekrom have catch rate 45, while Victini is just 3.

Work that out. o__O

Volroc
March 11th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Oo thank you lol, I would have been out looking for one forever.
your welcome mate, happy to help :)

my next WTF moment is i spent 3hours the other night trying to catch a modest Kyurem, the first 2attempts i catch it on the 1st&3rd dusk ball, but got a bold& adamant nature (he doesnt get any good physical ice moves so it was a waste) but then it took methe next 3hours to stop either my Volcarona from killin it accidently, it killin itself using endeavor (flame body ability -_-") or me blowing threw 24dusks balls& forced to use pokeballs lol on the final attempt i got a nature not even worth remembering,but i gave up lol
my WTF after that is i go to catch victini on my new file and it took me only bout 10pokeballs, but on my last fire it literally took me 46balls of assorted kinds -_-" seriously WTF! but i am happy i got a Timid nature on it <3
my last WTF is im training Victini,& it gets owned by a wild trubbish, god that pissed me off, but made me laugh, victory pokemon my ass, it dies the most out of all my current team members unless u count archen, but we all know it has no defenses lol(servine,excadrill,archen,&victini)

CoffeeWolf
March 11th, 2011, 07:53 AM
For me it was after I beat the elite 4 and N. While heading to new places unlocked like White Forest I found the trainers had like lvl 64+ pokemon while my team was barely mid 50's after beating N.

SAME HERE :<

I trained in the grass next to the white forest so now all my Pokemon are at lv. 63-64 but I decided to go back to the first town and go through every route to battle trainers I couldn't get to before (with surf) those trainers so far have Pokemon in the mid-30s... wtf. I don't like battling such low leveled Pokemon either. Rarr

Herrzer Brechlich
March 11th, 2011, 08:14 AM
In Castelia City, I found two old men facing each other, one saying simply 'Smirk', the other saying 'Ehehehe'.
Just a little odd, if you ask me... :surprised:

@World
March 11th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I just found out about the Hiker that appears during summer at the Ferris Wheel for the boy character.
I just hope the changed it for the EU release.... Creepy...

CoffeeWolf
March 11th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I just found out about the Hiker that appears during summer at the Ferris Wheel for the boy character.
I just hope the changed it for the EU release.... Creepy...

What's creepy about the Hiker...?

@World
March 11th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Well in the Japanese versions the ferris wheel characters are considered dates. After you beat him you go on a date, during which he comments how hot it is and about your sweaty body, that you both sweat and then asks you if you had a lover....
That's creepy in my book. :S

SquirtleGirl
March 11th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I know, everyone and their dog seems be giving one thing or another.

Also that house in Iricius (?) City with the Quiz Show Family. I expected to get some pointless trivia or an item, but no. I walk in the door and:
"WELCOME! Our next contestant is... THIS GUY!" (Or something to that effect)
I was just sitting there thinking "...What... the hell?" with almost this exact expression: O_o

This :P:P

The way N is waiting outside Skyla's gym after you defeat her. Creep. :P
Also the guy who leaps out from behind the skips in Castelia city.
The ninjas who appear in the electric cave [still really bad with names ATM n_n] scared the crap out of me :L
N and the Ferris Wheel [who ISN'T weirded it out by that :L]
Wandering around the Desert resort, thinking what am I doing here exactly? :L
Sky Arrow Bridge = my jaw just DROPPED o.O

Christopher
March 11th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Catching Thundurus in 1 quick ball.
and I was battling a trainer on route 13 I think anyway she sends out her level 65 Buneary, which promptly uses healing Wish WTF?

インフェルノの津波
March 11th, 2011, 11:34 AM
When I captured a Modest Deino, I swear I was crying. Those things aren't common.

And my lastest is how easy the Single Train is, I hope Super Single is better.

Sabrewulf238
March 11th, 2011, 11:47 AM
A preschooler at the Soccer pitch had a lv 64 Mime jr.

O.O

He must have been having pokemon battles since he was in the womb.

Not just that but the levels of the post game trainers has me cowering in fear. It's going to be a long and painful process getting my pokemon strong enough to beat them easily. (As it stands now I can usually beat a trainer but not before it's knocked out one or two of my pokemon) Fortunately the high levels are sort of compensated by the fact that many of the trainers have basic stage pokemon, while mine are all fully evolved.

WeegeeMan
March 11th, 2011, 11:59 AM
1. When my Tepig (his name is Tom) was fighting Cheren's Oshawott and I actually won. Doesn't fire have a disadvantage over water? Anyway, I was SO not expecting to win that one.

2. When I discovered that Proffesor Juniper was a woman (no offense, girls).

3. When I got to the first gym and there were three gym leaders.

4. When I got to the first gym and there was no triple battling involved.

5. When I got to the first gym and discovered that the whole match was a setup because no matter what Pokemon you chose at the beginning they'd always have a disadvantage.

6. When Bianca said "That was random," in the Dreamyard because I thrive on randomness and "that was random" is one of my many catchphrases.

7. When I looked at the box and it said the game changes with the seasons.

8. When the game said it was autumn even though it was winter outside.

9. When I found out Black and White got released in March instead of April (I got White if it makes any difference).

10. When every Pokemon I ever met seemed to be able to attack twice at will (especially when I was weak).

11. When I watched the intro (does that seem like a Pokemon intro to you? Thought not).

12. N?! What kind of a name is N?!

13. When I got a grass Pokemon from that person in the Dreamyard (my exact words, as I recall, were "Oh, this is too good!"). I flattened the first gym, by the way.

14. When I got to the day care center and discovered that preschoolers had Pokemon at half the required age.

If I think of any more, I'll be sure to run it by you.

Heart Gold
March 11th, 2011, 12:20 PM
1. When the game first started I saw Juniper walk into a house, and I was like "Why does her lab look like a house?"

2. The game started in Autumn when it's Spring in my area. Probably because of Japan's release date.

3. I was farming Drilbur's for an Adamant nature and I still haven't found one, then I catch an Adamant one and it's Shiny!

Andrew McKenzie
March 11th, 2011, 12:25 PM

Actually, that is a perfectly fine English grammar phrase.
"Is this look okay?" refers to the look/style of what you just dressed it up in.
There is nothing wrong with this phrase at all, and trust me, English is my main language, which I suppose it is yours, too but, there's nothing wrong with that line at all.

Example of perhaps a daily use somewhere in the English-speaking world:
Girl 1: "Is this look okay?"
Girl 2: "Yeah, that look really suits you!"

Or in Pokemon:

*Game*: "Is this look okay?"
You: "Sure, that look is fine."

Forever
March 12th, 2011, 09:44 PM
When I found out a few moments ago that some of my party Pokemon had PokeRus. I hadn't actually noticed it when I had it in HG, so now I'm happy that I did notice - and was shocked. lol.

Vrai
March 12th, 2011, 09:47 PM
2. The game started in Autumn when it's Spring in my area. Probably because of Japan's release date.

The game starts in Autumn because of the way they've got seasons set up. Spring is in January, Summer is in February, Autumn is in March, Winter is in April... and then Spring is in May, etc. It changes a season every month so that it's less boring and stuff I dunno. Plus, seasons are different depending on where you live as well, so they couldn't have gone through and made winter the time from December-February like it usually is in America. I actually like the way they did seasons in-game... hopefully it won't drag as it did in Animal Crossing. :(

solarowl
March 12th, 2011, 09:55 PM
When I found a shiny Blitzle- and failed to catch it because I was out of Pokeballs.

MeiChama
March 12th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Walking around in the Chargestone cave and running to dust clouds, only to get items from them. And when I DID finally find a Drilbur, they only wanted to come to me as females. I can't name a female Simon! D:

Shinjiaoki94
March 12th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I trained and put my Serperior Lv,100 into the box just to find out that I released it and saved the game! FTW? D:

King Gumball
March 12th, 2011, 10:28 PM
1. When plasma started kicking a little munna ;___; i was so sad.

2. When a guy jumped out of the roller coaster kart in Elesa's gym and battled me. i actually said wtf then XD

3. When i walked out of Castelia to find a friggin desert.... right out side this massive, sunny, beach side CITY. Exit the largest city. Enter a sand storm...

Skapocalypse
March 12th, 2011, 10:47 PM
My WTF moment is when I saw how cool Heatmor was, and then I looked at its' stats. :(

Rawrinism
March 12th, 2011, 11:20 PM
After spending 2 hours in Twist mountain looking for a Cryogonal, I realized wtf, did I just spent that much time?! ._.

Oh, and realizing that Cryogonal weighs 326.5 lbs. o_O

Arc
March 12th, 2011, 11:33 PM
At the Elite Four, second round. Shauntel has her Jellicent out, I have my Lilligant, with +3 Quiver Dance and at 75% HP. Jellicent launches a Shadow Ball, its a crit. And Lilligant goes down. I was not amused. ಠ_ಠ

Backup
March 13th, 2011, 12:32 AM
-When Team Plasma started kicking that poor little Pokemon in the Dreamyard

-When I saw that my trainer ID # was 25555

-N and the Ferris Wheel

-Clay's accent XD

-I can never run away from those Durant in Victory Road. ARGH D:<

-When I got Pokerus

-When Cheren asked you for a battle after you just got the next gym badge. Jeez, I felt that I saw way too much of Cheren and Bianca :O

lamby101
March 13th, 2011, 02:17 AM
I don't really have proper wtf moments, when I mean proper I mean, makes me jump back and throw the DS on the floor lol

My wtf moments are more when I do something stupid just through lack of concentration.

One example: Was battling an Eelektross and was thinking, ok Electric, use Ground easy, I used EQ but was watching TV at the same time, when I looked down I noticed Eelektross had taken no damage, so I did it again, then finding out it had levitate.

This wouldn't have been that bad had I not been reading up on Eelektross earlier in the day and thinking that I wanted the pokemon because it was Electric and had Levitate. Oh and the scenario I've described above has happened to me about 3 times, just feel like slapping myself when it happens.

xeenx77
March 13th, 2011, 02:22 AM
When I got to the first gym and there were three gym leaders.
when get a free monkey at Dreamyard i was like WTF

Notworking15
March 13th, 2011, 02:52 AM
WTF moments of mine include:

1. N whenever he "talked" to my pokemon
2. Catching Reshariam(can't spell...) so quickly
3.That one cannon that misfires in Skyla's gym
4. N and the ferris wheel...
5. The tornadus event
6. N's castle plowing into the pokemon league
7.first seeing klink, was like "that's a pokemon?"
8.Lenora's watchog using retaliate and 1-hit KOing dewott
9.Drayden using dragon tail
10.finding out basculin carries deepseascales
11.whenever those shadow triad guys showed up(i was like "oh crud, assassins!")
12.finding plenty of unlikely wild pokemon in shaking grass
13. entering black city for the first time(and being challenged to anyone i talked to)
14.Trubbish's evolved form, was more like an OMG then a WTF
15.whenever Cheren/bianca shows up and battles me
16.seeing scoliopede, i mean its a GIANT CENTIPEDE!
17.N's private room in his castle, creeped even me out...
18.trying to take down a trainer's musharna, hate their endurance!
19.Clay's first impression
20. actually finding and catching two of the three sacred beasts from sheer curiosity(psst, ones in victory road, of all places!). the third is yet to be found
21.actually winning a wi-fi battle
22.Zorua/zoroark, that sneaky fox caught me off guard on several occasions!
23.the level spike in some areas(20s in one place, 40s in a similar area? WTF??!)

theres plenty more i think

skyluigi2
March 13th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Just now, I beat a guy online, my first win. He had 57 wins. 0.o

-Totodile42

Phazon
March 13th, 2011, 03:44 AM
I thought the singing guy under that bridge (forget the name) was pretty WTF ;p.

Sarcastic Prince
March 13th, 2011, 06:31 AM

Who said that preschoolers can't have PKMN??
The person who said that only 10 year olds can have PKMN is bull****.

By the way, my WTF moment is when N told me on a ferris wheel
that he's the king of Team Plasma, when his PKMN is weaker than the
grunts.

Just now, I beat a guy online, my first win. He had 57 wins. 0.o

-Totodile42

Serves him right.

1. When plasma started kicking a little munna ;___; i was so sad.

You actually get sad for Team Plasma kicking a Munna? (Which is a fictional character and it's not real?) That's my new WTF moment in this thread.

Firstly, you spelt "sense" wrong.
Secondly, do YOU realize that you are
complaining on a sentence which is grammatically correct?
Game Freak never made any grammar mistakes in their
games. (Unless they intented to)

Quilava's Master
March 13th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Who said that preschoolers can't have PKMN??
The person who said that only 10 year olds can have PKMN is bull****.

By the way, my WTF moment is when N told me on a ferris wheel
that he's the king of Team Plasma, when his PKMN is weaker than the
grunts.

Serves him right.

You actually get sad for Team Plasma kicking a Munna? (Which is a fictional character and it's not real?) That's my new WTF moment in this thread.

It's possible to feel sad for a fictitious character. It's called empathy (which isn't limited to reality)

Firstly, you spelt "sense" wrong.
Secondly, do YOU realize that you are
complaining on a sentence which is grammatically correct?
Game Freak never made any grammar mistakes in their
games. (Unless they intented to)
You look foolish correcting someone on their grammar when yours isn't in anyway exemplary itself. What I mean is "Spelt" isn't a word in the sense you used it.

My responses in bold. My WTF moment is how epic the N's Castle cutscene was.

Grålle
March 13th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I caught Zekrom on my second pokéball.

WildEagle
March 14th, 2011, 06:21 AM
When I was grinding levels on Audino on route 7 for 5 straight shaking grass all I found was Emolga, I swear it has a 5% chance of appearing.

TheGoddessOfDiscord
March 14th, 2011, 06:28 AM
I was in Chargestone Cave and I was walking peacefully when suddenly the Ghetsis' Ninja Trio appeared. I freaked ou a bit...

Shiny Victini
March 14th, 2011, 07:06 AM
When a very low level pokemon used Attract on my higher level pokemon and I didn't get one attack in! The lower level finally killed me in what seemed like an hour later. I am a failure. T.T

Spacial Sage
March 14th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Last night when I got a japanese tornadus and carracosta off of the GTS Negotiations I was pretty surprised.

Also, I got offered a level 12 shiny moltres. I'm so lucky!

Faceholder
March 14th, 2011, 09:12 AM
"All children go on adventures with pokemon, it's part of growing up!"

wat.

CSLong
March 14th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Lol I got my pokemon infected with PKRS and one hour later,'A wild (blue) Ditto appeared!'... I mean what's the percentage of this happening in a short period of time?

LadyDae
March 14th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I just had a WTF moment at the end of the game and this is rare because I've been playing pokemon since they first came out and rarely does anything surprise me. So I'm at the end, ready to fight Reshiram and prepared to used thirty ultra balls to catch the thing. So I get it's hp down to a silver in one hit mind you but that didn't shock me. It was when I threw my ultra ball expecting it to pop out and the thing clicked and said, "You caught Reshiram!" ............................ My jaw dropped to the ground and I was so shocked I nearly cursed at the game. That has never happened in my eleven years playing these games! I spent forty trying to catch Giratina in Platinum!
WTF! WTF! WTF!!!!

Heart Gold
March 14th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I was in the 2nd gym and I read "It tastes good cooked in a hot pot." as the book question, and the only other answer to the question I thought was the Tepig book. I then proceeded to laugh for 5 minutes. Good thing I put my hatched Tepig in the PC so he didn't have to hear that.

Weavile05
March 14th, 2011, 12:41 PM
How easy the Dragon type gym was. I hadn't even evolved my Vanilish yet and it pwned EVERYTHING.
How hard the electric type gym was. Ironically, after I caught a Drilbur, I won, but it didn't play a big part in my victory. In fact, I expected to have to spam dig on Zebstrika. But the only thing it even fought against was an emolga, which Dig is ineffective against...

ShinyMeowth
March 14th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Every single time I hit an Emolga, Static paralyzes my Pokemon. Seriously, it has a 30% chance of happening. Yet it behaves like it was 100%. It has happened about a hundred times already. Seriously, WTF?

Pwnyta Jockey
March 14th, 2011, 01:08 PM
After beating the E4, N, and GheTFO, my first stop was Challenger Cave.
Beat the Backpacker.
But got swept (!) by the Ace Trainer just downstairs.

By the Ace Trainers Dratini. Because it got TWO dragon dances behind it.
A Dratini sweep? LOL!

Hence getting to the PokeTransfer lab became my TOP priority.

Now I have a L-100 Garchomp. And I lurve it vurry much.

The amount of times I find myself thinking back on:

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Mistralton Gym's wall-smacking cannon
- "Don't worry, kid! We're gonna launch you good!"

Dragonspiral Tower
-Tower of the Gods

Village Bridge's "Mr. Singer"
-the "waa-waa" sound effects from various Wind Waker cut scenes

The Wind Frogs
-the new trio of Tornado, Lando, and Thundo

kirbyking1234
March 14th, 2011, 02:42 PM
When I was catching Tornadus I ended up catching it on my 2nd Ultra Ball. I was using a Wobbufett to keep it from running and before the 2nd ball had shaken even once I said "Omg you've got to be ******ing me." A little bit a prescience never hurts. Then there was the time I was using my Darkrai to catch Landorus I had it asleep and at the lowest possible health I could get it. If I had failed Bad Dreams would've killed it but I heard a Metal Noise when I threw the Ultra Ball and captured Landorus with a Critical Capture.

Shadow101thehedgehog
March 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM
When my pokemon evolved it always made me jump when it would glow then go back to normal (Right before it kinda splits apart and evolves). For the rest of that playthrough I would always jump when that happened.

bsabbath585
March 14th, 2011, 02:51 PM
so i was doing the zoroark event, and i was thinking of critical catches, and my second capture was a critical catch, that was amazing

Manila Luzon
March 14th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I have one! :3

I got about 5 Critical Captures in a row, but they stop once I want to catch Tornadus -. -

PkMnTrainer Yellow
March 14th, 2011, 04:21 PM

There is some plot info and an area near the end of the first Pokemon League challenge that completely explains this and more of why N acts the way he does.

My wtf moments were...
Team Plasma kicking the tar out of a Muuna. Totally wasn't expecting depictions of cruel violence in a Pokemon game.

Beating up preschoolers. ...Pretty sure these were the only people in the game I /didn't/ want to battle.

The entire plot. I was impressed.

Nearly getting destroyed by Cynthia, until I realized my Elektross was somehow my best Pokemon for taking out her Garchomp. ...Whaaaaat.

/Destroying/ the entire second Pokemon League with said Elektross.

Owning a pokemon with the word "Hax" in it's name.

Realizing that seasons change so slowly, even in game, that I'd have to replay it four different times just to get the full experience.

Realizing that N was the exact opposite of what I was expecting based off what little I knew. About the time he seemingly forced me onto a Ferris Wheel I was convinced he was a creeper just waiting to do awful things. This was only heightened when he started giving the impression that he really liked the main character. So much for that.

Realizing Hydreigon is considered a pseudo-legendary. I don't know, but I found it hilariously undeserving.

Watching how some of the Plasma Grunts did rather stupid, ridiculous things compared to their superiors, who seemed more serious to me. I was a bit meh about it.

Skymin
March 14th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I lol'd at the ferris wheel scene. I also lol'd how easy your character is swayed by stuff. Like N says come over here and you just trot over there. Does he/she not know what stranger danger is!?

"Come with me, bb."
"Sure, ok!"

Also, I WTF'd at the extrememly long bridge (that I went over FOUR TIMES on foot) and at that steel/dark type thing. It's like a power ranger!!

Pwnyta Jockey
March 14th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Fought a trainer that had a Wormadam (sand cloak) use Leaf Storm.

Yusshin
March 14th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Figuring out that Japanese people will trade anything for anything.

I put a bunch of Cinccino on WiFi, and I ended getting a PokeRUS'd Oshawott, Zorua, Tepig, and a bunch of other Pokemon that I wouldn't have believed someone would actually trade for.

I had others, but I forgot :S

MegaKuriboh
March 14th, 2011, 08:19 PM
When I faced Ghetsis I beat down his first 3 Pokemon easy then comes out Hydreigon and sweeps my team until I only have Serperior left and from there I was like GG it's over Serperior can't do anything but then he OHKO's the Hydreigon with Leaf Blade at max hp and then beat his last two guys. Then on I never doubted Serperior again!
Also Elysa's Emolga ABUSING Volt Switch!!
And finally catching Victini in a great ball in 5 turns

Edit: Also those Shadow Ninjas that just say "Come" lol they scared the crud outta me :)

Destiny.
March 15th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Long bridge was VERY REALLY LONG. Oh, and I really freaked at the people scenes at eye level. o.O

Nugg
March 15th, 2011, 05:57 AM
When I OHKO'd Iris' team.
When I found a shiny Audino and caught it with a critical capture when I was grinding on Audinos o.o what are the chances?!

.EJ
March 15th, 2011, 07:42 AM
The uncanny resemblance between Protoman http://images.wikia.com/mkfusion/images/d/da/Protoman.jpg and then there's the Dark/Steel type Bisharp http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/74/625Bisharp.png

Also, that toddler screamed "RAH HYPER BEAM" xD

Shiny Victini
March 15th, 2011, 01:50 PM
"Bianca, I can't believe you heard [insert Player's name]'s voice from that far away!"
I'm pretty sure I haven't said one thing in the conversation where Bianca supposedly heard my voice. O_o

fire woven
March 15th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Mine was a Plasma Grunt who stated something along the lines of "I will hurt anyone who opposes Team Plasma." And teh ones that scream PPPLLLLLLAAAASSSSSSMMMAAAAAA after being defeated.

Figuring out that Japanese people will trade anything for anything.

I put a bunch of Cinccino on WiFi, and I ended getting a PokeRUS'd Oshawott, Zorua, Tepig, and a bunch of other Pokemon that I wouldn't have believed someone would actually trade for.

I had others, but I forgot :S
I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but I once traded a lvl 1 Chinchou for a Lvl 1 Japanese Bulbasaur with some egg moves (curse and something else), but this was in HG.

Dreadnought
March 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM
When I caught 2 shiny pokemon in the space of 1 1/2 days. One was a shiny patrat I traded to someone and the other was a shiny basculin while I was surfing to the area to catch Braviary. Also when I first found Dragonite and Tyranitar in the wild on Unova Route 15 and Dragonspiral tower Lake.

Honest
March 15th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Mine would probably be catching Zekrom with a Pokeball on my first attempt. =D

Heart Gold
March 15th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I've got another one.

I was walking down the street and people were everywhere and started screaming "Wooo!" and "Oh no!"

Not sure what that was all about, I never knew about that and was like WTH when it happened.

BlooMilk C.
March 15th, 2011, 04:39 PM
My WTF moment was in the Battle Company when Scientist Steve says "Everyone thinks I'm serious because I'm a scientist!" though, honestly, this wasn't really a WTF moment because it was kind of hilarious XD. I've been making jokes about serious scientists ever since. Also, I can guess what the nature on his trainer card was

Heart Gold
March 15th, 2011, 05:01 PM
My WTF moment was in the Battle Company when Scientist Steve says "Everyone thinks I'm serious because I'm a scientist!" though, honestly, this wasn't really a WTF moment because it was kind of hilarious XD. I've been making jokes about serious scientists ever since. Also, I can guess what the nature on his trainer card was

I just started to battle this guy as I read this, weird.

SirJon
March 15th, 2011, 05:02 PM
My WTF Moment:

Why the heck were the first like four gyms impossible to beat with oshawott?

ingcoliptis
March 15th, 2011, 05:04 PM
mine is when the claptrap in borderlands became a ninja assassin. beating the game before mention of new revolution made me think WTF?

BlakTheGreat
March 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Playing on Random Matchup against a guy with level 50 shiny legendaries. Then spending countless countless hours EV training my pokerus infected team to level 100 to dominate those hackers online only to find out that the level cap is level 50 O.o

Kamitsure-chan
March 15th, 2011, 05:29 PM
"PLASMAAAAAAAA!" Me: o.O wtf?

Also how ridiculously easy the dragon-type gym was. I KO'd all of them with Surf-spamming Samurott. -_-

How difficult Lenora was to beat. I was like O_O OMG WHAT.

kirbyking1234
March 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM
How the main character actually thinks a bit. Normally he/she doesn't say anything besides yes or no. They (Nintendo) actually made fun of this once in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire where some NPC asks you where you come from and your only answer options are yes/no to which he replies Yes? I've never heard of a place like that and No? Well, you must come from somewhere! Anybody else notice the random dialog where your character thinks to himself?

iRoyBoy
March 15th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I actuly thought the ferris wheel ride with N was cool, and that the cutscene actuly had a drawing instead of a sprite.

My biggest WTF moment was when I caught Kyurem with a pokeball on my first try.
That and when I went to beat Skyla my Galvantula killed each one of her birds with one hit from electro web. Granted I was around 10 levels higher than her...I power level.
Also was when I noticed Buhrg had gay pride pictures in his gym. I know pokemon probably didn't mean that and they are just his paintings, but even so. And honey... running through honey. Also the fact that there were gay clowns everywhere in that gym, I ask why clowns in an artists gym, it looked more like a circus...

JB2448
March 15th, 2011, 08:07 PM
When I first saw N's room (along with hearing the accompanying creepy music), I thought "WTF?" When I then examined the room's contents, read their descriptions, and then realized it had no bed, I said out loud "W. T. F?"

King Gumball
March 16th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Okay, so I just beat N in Chargestone Cave ANNNNNNDDD.... my DS runs out =_=;

インフェルノの津波
March 16th, 2011, 01:33 AM
I actuly thought the ferris wheel ride with N was cool, and that the cutscene actuly had a drawing instead of a sprite.

My biggest WTF moment was when I caught Kyurem with a pokeball on my first try.
That and when I went to beat Skyla my Galvantula killed each one of her birds with one hit from electro web. Granted I was around 10 levels higher than her...power level.

Also was when I noticed Burgh had gay pride pictures in his gym. I know pokemon probably didn't mean that and they are just his paintings, but even so. And honey... running through honey. Also the fact that there were gay clowns everywhere in that gym, I ask why clowns in an artists gym, it looked more like a circus...

Um...I think your whole "gay clowns" ordeal may be a a little too offensive.

Anyway, I came here to say that I caught Kyurem within 5 minutes. Got into the red zone, paralyzed, and I threw a Dusk Ball.

Congratulations! Kyurem has been caught! "Wait a minute...I catch a freaking legendary within 5 minutes, and yet I just spent half an hour trying to catch a freaking Metang?!"

Oryx
March 16th, 2011, 09:00 AM
WTF Moment:

>Fighting Marshal last in Elite Four
>Get his last Pokemon down to a sliver of health
>He says "I'll put all my power into the next move!"
>He uses a full restore
>wat.jpg

Sweet Visions
March 16th, 2011, 10:10 AM
When you get the TM Flash was probably my biggest WTF moment, mixed in with laughter.

Levii
March 16th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I don't know if this has been said already.
But when you're in DragonSpiral Tower and Zekrom/Reshiram lets out a cry and the text says "BURN, BABY BURN!" Or something like that.

Major WTF cause I thought that was what the Pokemon was supposed to be saying...

wild salamence
March 16th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I've caught Two adamant scraggy, an adamant darumaka an, adamant sandile, an adamant drillbur, and an adamant munna (much less exciting).

Raichupacabra
March 16th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I got swept by a Deino in Battle Subway because of crit hacks.
Now my streak is over

PLASMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAA
There I said it.

Also when Clay started talking all cowboy on me.
I din't know what that there main was talkin' bout.

Zerrah.
March 16th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Was doing a random battle on Wi-Fi when I got owned by a Lv1 Aron. Yes...a level one Aron. Apparently, if Tyranitar or Hippowdon induces a sandstorm, Aron has the ability Sturdy, Leftovers, the move Endeavor, and one more attacking move, your finished. The sandstorm is to finish you off after it Endeavors. But don't fret, if you've managed to face it with a Pokemon immune to Sandstorm damage, Tackle or some other move will finish you off. Utterly ridiculous. >:(

tep620
March 16th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Finding a wild, shiny Drifblim that decided to use explosion.....

MoonPoke
March 16th, 2011, 08:51 PM
My WTF moment was when the game clip show N standing next to Reshiram (I'm playing White) and said he want to battle with me using that Reshiram. I was like "WTF, how on earth could you catch that legendary with your close-to-useless pokemon team, and no other pokemon versions allow anyone to catch legendary beside me." I was confused.

DreamQueen
March 16th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Walking through the street and knocking into the people. I said "Oh, sorry!" and "Excuse me!" more than once.

Out loud -.-

Sarcastic Prince
March 17th, 2011, 12:08 AM

Also how ridiculously easy the dragon-type gym was. I KO'd all of them with Surf-spamming Samurott. -_-

How the hell did you beat Dragons when you spammed them
with Surf? You should spam them with Ice Beams, you know.

Surf = Water Type move

Water Type moves are not very effective against Dragon Types.

Ice Beam = Ice Type move

Ice Type moves are super effective against Dragon Types!
I don't understand how you can beat them with Surf, mister.
Did you cheat?

Okay, so I just beat N in Chargestone Cave ANNNNNNDDD.... my DS runs out =_=;

N is so freaking easy to beat.
What's the big deal in facing him again?

Kiiroi
March 17th, 2011, 12:22 AM

I Koed Druddigon with a lvl 38 Watchog :|

Forever
March 17th, 2011, 04:47 AM
[20:43:54] <+Forever> I need to play Black, fully
[20:44:08] <+Forever> I played through the opening up to dream yard about 5 times now
[20:44:17] <+Forever> And only just did I realise that musharna was pretending to be ghetis
[20:44:18] <+Forever> wow
[20:44:19] <+Forever> :(

^ I had a wtf moment when it took me that long to realise that Ghetis was never actually there...XD Noticing it was Musharna was shocking in itself.

インフェルノの津波
March 17th, 2011, 04:50 AM
How the hell did you beat Dragons when you spammed them
with Surf? You should spam them with Ice Beams, you know.

Surf = Water Type move

Water Type moves are not very effective against Dragon Types.

Ice Beam = Ice Type move

Ice Type moves are super effective against Dragon Types!
I don't understand how you can beat them with Surf, mister.
Did you cheat?

N is so freaking easy to beat.
What's the big deal in facing him again?

First of all, Ice Beam isn't accesible until after you beat the game, so Surf and Megahorn was that guy's best option. Which one would you pick?

You encounter N for..you know, um the storyline, and him questioning you and your beliefs about Pokemon being trapped, etc.?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 17th, 2011, 05:28 AM
1) *taught Zebstrika Wild Charge*

*Saw MASSIVE recoil damage (the move description said it hurts itself "a little." I don't call 35 HP of recoil on a 120HP Pokemon "a little")

*Taught Zebstrika Thunderbolt. Honestly, using an attack based on its weaker Special Attack stat is FAR better than recoil damage*

2) Alder walks up.

Me: HOLY CRAP IT'S CIPHER ADMIN DAKIM FROM POKEMON COLOSSEUM!

3) Ferris Wheel ride with N. In anime, usually lovers go on the Ferris Wheel together, and I have no intention of dating that crazed despot.

Daikenki
March 17th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Jesus, the whole game is a wtf moment for me.

I got pokerus for the first time in my life in the after game, clocking in only 38 hours of game play.

I also managed to catch a lot of the legendaries within one or two turns with pokeballs.

Also the monkies can be girls? I did not know this. O.O I assumed they were boys only, but that changed when I managed to get a female pansear on my first time playing. My reaction was hilarious.

But the funniest moments is when I didn't know what was being sent out at me, and would be all "... wtf is a ____, what type is it even. Dangit. Whatever." then find out till the last minute and get horribly defeated and lose part of my soul. :c

And I'd like to say to the whole water/ice beam thing.. All I had to even stand a slight chance of defeating N besides Zekrom(who actually sucked) was my samurott with surf. Surf is really good at sweeping teams if you also have your water pokemon holding the mystic water item. Also not to mention I destroyed the entire 8th gym with my krookodile using crunch two times on each dragon. Ice may be super effective, but that doesn't mean everything else can't hit the dragon pokemon. It's all about thinking on your feet.

CarameLeaf
March 17th, 2011, 09:02 AM
When I was talking through the puddles near Icirrus City and this flounder pops out of nowhere (wild stunfisk) and farts. (it sounds like fart, it didn't really)

skyluigi2
March 17th, 2011, 09:13 AM
First of all, Ice Beam isn't accesible until after you beat the game, so Surf and Megahorn was that guy's best option. Which one would you pick?

You encounter N for..you know, um the storyline, and him questioning you and your beliefs about Pokemon being trapped, etc.?

Um, actually Ice Beam IS accessible before beating the game. I should know, I used it to win the dragon gym battle (I used a Vanillite)

Anyway, my WTF moment was when a Pokemon did more recoil damage to itself than to my Pokemon xD

-Totodile42

Volroc
March 17th, 2011, 09:14 AM
My latest WTF is every time i txt on my cell, the GTS freezes (and i tested it multiple times while txtin my fiancee) it was driving me mad, all i wanted was a lil zorua& gothita for my pokedex >.< (i finally got them after ignorin my fiancees txts for just a moment, then i apologized)

Another WTF was when my Cringan 1shotted Iris' Fraxure, left herr Cringan with 1HP (and thanx to rough skin got KOd before she could heal) then 1shotted her Haxorus, after i had just lost my 1st time to a god awful misclick with revenge instead of dragon claw on her haxorus

インフェルノの津波
March 17th, 2011, 11:52 AM
As a TM, Ice Beam isn't accessible, which is what I meant.

I think my most recent WTF moment is Japanese Vocals in my Pokemon game. What.

Josh 443
March 17th, 2011, 03:09 PM
mine would be that all of the trainers at route 11 speak Spanish on my English game.
Is it supposed to be like that? or should I contact nintendo?

G.U.Y.
March 17th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Good: I was training my Frillish through Audino, and a shiny one appeared.
Bad-ish: When I first realized the Sage at the E4 had the Dark/Dragon. Sweeped my entire team. >__>

mine would be that all of the trainers at route 11 speak Spanish on my English game.
Is it supposed to be like that? or should I contact nintendo?

Supposed to be like that..-_- This isn't the first game with foreign trainers. Why are you so surprised?

XxAzaliaxX
March 18th, 2011, 02:29 AM
my wtf moment is the fourth gym. She kept rotating her pokemon I wanted to stab her. I used up all my stupid potions, but I finally whittled her down to her last pokemon and stomped her butt.

The buildings in Castelia are HUGE

last wtf moment is the Global Trade. I traded a lilipup for a Snivy, and that cat pokemon for a Tepig. x3 so awesome

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 18th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Outside of Dragonspiral Tower: SHINY MIENFOO.

Less than two hours later, on Route 9: SHINY DUOSION.

With the shiny Patrat I found earlier, that now makes three shinies I've caught in this game. I can't believe my luck xD

Espeon96
March 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I was fighting a Pokémon (can't remember what it was) who used Endure succesfully 4 turns in a row.

Rawrinism
March 18th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Well, many trainer's weird names in the battle subway..
eg; Dollar, Turtle, etc

Rionix
March 19th, 2011, 03:21 AM
My most WTF moment happened recently... When I was taking a bath, my little sister wanted to play pokemon, she deleted my save to make a new game...

I still have to beat Ghetsis to finish the main story and poof.. all gone :(

Late
March 19th, 2011, 04:58 AM
My WTF moments are:

1. Killing Iris' dragons with Lv.36 Vanillish without taking damage. First two died with Ice Beam, I was faster. Haxorus took two Ice Beams but as she used Dragon Dance it didn't matter. (I knew it would be a good idea to have Ice-Cream with me when I go to this gym :D )

2. Today after beating Elite Four, N and Ghetsis. Changed almost whole party (only Vanillish Lv.45 and Serperior Lv.49 - my 2nd biggest leveled Pokémon - were left to my team). I went to see Dream Yard and went down the stairs (thought if I'd been able to visit there before), found trainer with Lv.63 Drowzee and was very surprised by the level of that Drowzee. Changed to Sandile Lv.18 and killed Drowzee, Musharna and Hypno with only that Sandile as it's half Dark type. Also killed next trainer's Musharna. Then after those two trainers my Sandile got to Lv.32 and evolved into Krokorok. Sandile and Trubbish had Exp. Share so it had to also share some to Trubbish while battling.

Sasuke.
March 19th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Outside of Dragonspiral Tower: SHINY MIENFOO.

Less than two hours later, on Route 9: SHINY DUOSION.

With the shiny Patrat I found earlier, that now makes three shinies I've caught in this game. I can't believe my luck xD

So lucky. ;-;

My WTF would have to be seeing that Pikachu in Castalia before the national dex I was like. "o.o..."

That and the shock that I didn't really beat the elite four after I beat N and had to go back. -_-

Then the shock of all the previous gen Pokemon in East Unova. I was like. "O_O LV 50 ABSOL?" xD

Danzo
March 19th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Probably fighting Zekrom, I didn't want to waste any resources on it, so I threw an ultra ball and voila it worked as easy as that.

That or how I managed to play the whole game without turning the game off whenever Bianca came dawdling along.

Lowreh
March 19th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Favourite WTF moment so far was the guard (cannot remember which gatehouse it was) who was dressed in normal clothes. Spoke to him, and he said "Sorry, I forgot my uniform".

It brightened my day.

Barn
March 19th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Watchog used Hypnosis!
Snivy fell asleep.
Watchog used Crunch!
Snivy avoided the attack!

Wow... power Snivy.

vobgro
March 19th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Once, whenever I exit a building, the seasons change erratically for some reason...

JooJoobs
March 19th, 2011, 03:34 PM
When Emolga used double team like 15 times and almost wiped me out by himself.

Feunard
March 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
My WTF moment was when I was up against a pokemon ranger with a Maractus. It had the moves giga drain, ingrain, accupressure and drain punch. It used accupressure so many times my pokemon only took 3 hps away from it every attack and the ingrain helped it regain it's hp so I had to wait until it ran out of moves and used struggle. By the time I won the battle I already wasted all my potions and revives.

Thomas
March 19th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Seeing that god awful Woobat for the first time. I was seriously thinking how could they design such a butt ugly Pokemon.

SinisterEternity
March 19th, 2011, 08:04 PM
So I wanted to catch Tornadus and found him on Route 5, and sent out my Darkrai to use Dark Hole on it. It fell asleep and ran away...I was like "wtf ? D:"

Unknown#
March 19th, 2011, 08:15 PM
My WTF moment was when the game let me transfer my event Celebi before I made it to Mistralton City.

wingman11
March 19th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Recent WTF moment: I went into a gatehouse to see that there was a wild Pokémon outbreak on route 7. I head there, find a Sentret at lvl 22, catch it. Walked around some more, and BAM. Level 51 Sentret. Cue jaw-drop.

Also, the first trainer on route 11. French speaking was the first (out loud) WTF. His level 65 Croagunk was the second (also out loud). *sunglasses* DAT LEVEL SPIKE.

shuppet88
March 19th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Well I could've won quite a few random trainer battles over wifi, but they're all being a bunch of sore losers and disconnecting so they don't get a loss. It's so sad really. Just now was my wtf moment as I'm fighting a kid with with a dying gliscor. Disconnect. Thanks a lot.

Westie7
March 19th, 2011, 08:56 PM
When I caught Zekrom with a Quick Ball on turn one.

When I realized Solrock and Lunatone are in no way version exclusives.

Repels don't help at all in the Giant Chasm and I can't find TM Ice Beam!

When I realized some TMs were still buyable.

Ice Car
March 19th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I was in Iccirus City and was looking around... Saw an item on a ledge that was inaccessible from all angles. I was like, "WHAT THE **** WHY WOULD THEY PUT AN ITEM THERE WHAT A TEASE".

Nearsighted king of Ice
March 20th, 2011, 01:09 AM
My WTF Moment was When I was on that bridge thing then I talked to a man that asked for $500 then I just said Yes when I looked in My Team I got a Magikarp...Then MY DS got a low battery then it turned off -_- I wanted that Magikarp...(I can Just get it again)

My second one was when i was battling Cobalion i forgot to save before the battle then He had like one life bar left... he attacked my Volcarona... he got burnt he fainted because of it

Diablerie
March 20th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Probably when I wandered into Mistralton Cave to find an Axew, and stumbled upon Cobalion completely by accident - I honestly didn't know it was in there. And caught it with my lone Ultra Ball.

shadowtogepi
March 20th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Mine was that you only dress up your pokemon for musical :( no cool stuff like contests *sighs*

KogiTheFox
March 20th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Realizing that Foongus and Amoongus looked like "fungus among us" when listed side by side in the pokedex. Were they named like that on purpose? :3

Mujahid
March 20th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Realizing that Foongus and Amoongus looked like "fungus among us" when listed side by side in the pokedex. Were they named like that on purpose? :3

Yes.They are named like that intentionally

wingman11
March 20th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this: wild Audinos using Heal Pulse on your Pokémon. The first time it happened to me, I didn't notice it. I was all "How'd he get back to full HP?" Then it happened again and I was shocked. Why would they make a move that heals your opponent? Nintendo logic strikes again...

TripLee
March 20th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I was EV training defense in pinwheel forest when I ran into a wild Panpour. I didn't know you could catch these guys without them being given to you/traded.

Oryx
March 20th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this: wild Audinos using Heal Pulse on your Pokémon. The first time it happened to me, I didn't notice it. I was all "How'd he get back to full HP?" Then it happened again and I was shocked. Why would they make a move that heals your opponent? Nintendo logic strikes again...

No no no, it doesn't heal your opponent, it heals your target. Think double and triple battles.

wingman11
March 20th, 2011, 09:19 AM
No no no, it doesn't heal your opponent, it heals your target. Think double and triple battles.

OH. That makes so much more sense. Serebii said it heals the opponent in its description of the attack, so that's what I was thinking. I guess Serebii is wrong. Again. LOL

And now that I'm used to it, my thoughts are more like "Come on, Audino, use Heal Pulse... Yes! Thanks! NOW PERISH." XD

Oryx
March 20th, 2011, 09:23 AM
OH. That makes so much more sense. Serebii said it heals the opponent in its description of the attack, so that's what I was thinking. I guess Serebii is wrong. Again. LOL

And now that I'm used to it, my thoughts are more like "Come on, Audino, use Heal Pulse... Yes! Thanks! NOW PERISH." XD

Yeah, I do that too. It's so convenient, to give a Pokemon that you know people will grind on Heal Pulse so they can nearly grind indefinitely. Almost too convenient...>_>

wingman11
March 20th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I do that too. It's so convenient, to give a Pokemon that you know people will grind on Heal Pulse so they can nearly grind indefinitely. Almost too convenient...>_>

They also give it moves like After You, which does nothing if it's not in a double or triple battle, Simple Beam or Entertainment, which rarely change anything in battle if not used strategically, and Refresh, which is only a pain if you're trying to give it status effects. Hmmm... Either Audinos are really that kind, or they're scheming behind our backs...

DayDreamer
March 20th, 2011, 09:55 AM
My WTF moment was fighting another boss right after N. My pokemon team was all dead with only Zekrom in red health. I was like WTF I'm going to lose then I realized I'm all healed =_=.

Favourite WTF moment so far was the guard (cannot remember which gatehouse it was) who was dressed in normal clothes. Spoke to him, and he said "Sorry, I forgot my uniform".

It brightened my day.
Made me lol when she said that.

I was in Iccirus City and was looking around... Saw an item on a ledge that was inaccessible from all angles. I was like, "WHAT THE **** WHY WOULD THEY PUT AN ITEM THERE WHAT A TEASE".
Same. Was thinking whether there was a HM I missed that lets me float or something xD.

I ended up healing my opponent instead thinking it was a self heal skill... >_>

wingman11
March 20th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Dang, the WTF moments are rolling in faster than ever now! In Challenger Cave, I found a Riolu and only had a few Ultra Balls and one Quick Ball. Fully expecting failure, I chucked the Quick Ball without doing anything to weaken it. My thoughts as it happened:
First bob - It's gonna fail now.
Second - Oh, hey, that's neat.
Third - OK, seriously now.
Click - NO WAY.

I guess it was meant to be.

EDIT:

Same cave, found a Sableye. Got it to red HP, but it broke out of all my Ultra Balls (I only had two). I resigned myself to waste turns to get it so a Timer Ball would work, but not before chucking a Repeat Ball just for sh*ts and giggles. The Repeat Ball catches it. I hadn't owned a Sableye before that. Today has been a series of wins for me.

SmeargleJesus
March 20th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I found a wild sawk, and used all of my onhand ultraballs with me (19). after all of them failing, i went out and spent all of my savings on almost 300 ultraballs.

needless to say, I caught the next one on the first throw -__________-

certain places are only accessible during certain seasons. try going back during summer, winter, or spring.

Bulldogger
March 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Same. Was thinking whether there was a HM I missed that lets me float or something xD.

When it snows it will be accessible! I thought the same thing about a floating patch of grass 'till I looked it up lol

Harumi Fujyoshi
March 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
After having lowered Tornadus' health into the red zone and encountering him again I comtemplated inflicting a status effect on him but for whatever reason I just threw an ultra ball because I felt like it. I caught it. With my first ultra ball. No critical capture. I swear to God I couldn't believe it o____o

wingman11
March 20th, 2011, 11:44 AM
After having lowered Tornadus' health into the red zone and encountering him again I comtemplated inflicting a status effect on him but for whatever reason I just threw an ultra ball because I felt like it. I caught it. With my first ultra ball. No critical capture. I swear to God I couldn't believe it o____o

I envy you. SO MUCH. Like, you don't even know. It took me forever to catch Tornadus in my game.

Tumalaz
March 20th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Obtaining a Shiny Abomasnow and Shiny Ditto via GTS for a Krookodile and Archeops o.O

インフェルノの津波
March 20th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Seeing Wailord's sprite is enough to make me go WTF Gamefreak.

Oryx
March 20th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Seeing Wailord's sprite is enough to make me go WTF Gamefreak.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=96113&d=1238210091 http://www.smogon.com/media/smog/12/editorsnote_wailord.jpg

Someone posted that on Facebook the other day.

Feunard
March 20th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Just now:
Lilligant used sleep power
Tornadus goes to sleep
Tornadus fled....
Me: -_-'

neonat2
March 20th, 2011, 04:56 PM
My WTF moment is the 30 million crits that enemy trainers pull on me, like when i went to the first gym and the gym leader landed 5 crits in a row on me. WTF

The Corrupt Plague
March 20th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Going to Black City for the first time ever and finding it completely deserted. The only thing standing in that huge expanse of empty space was a single Pokemon Center. Lovely, so I take a long time to beat the game and it decides to punish me for it! It looks like I am going to have to wait for some AR codes to come out for this because nobody else within miles that I know of plays Pokemon.

Eswissy01
March 21st, 2011, 05:17 AM
My first WTF moment was when i looked at my trainer card and saw my character had a lonley nature.

Then, the "Nurse Joy" told me one of my Pokemon had pokerus. I looked at all my Pokemon in my party and none had pokerus. WTF?

My last was when N calls Zekrom and it busts through the wall. Seriously Zekrom, your not the Kool-Aid Man.I mean, WTF.

lawlercopter
March 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
I lost to Ghetsis twice somehow. He kept getting lucky critical hits and knocking my pokemon out in one hit. I beat him on the third try though, but I was ragin' before I did. lol

.EJ
March 21st, 2011, 10:36 AM
When I found out Simipour doesn't learn Freezing breath from the TM =[

bwburke94
March 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM
That overleveled Krookodile. You know the one.

DarkVhozon
March 21st, 2011, 11:49 AM
When I got to White Forest and it had no tall grass or items.....yeah...

SinisterOne
March 21st, 2011, 12:23 PM
The part at the very beginning where you have to fight cheren and bianca with the starters. In the very first battle of the game against bianca she managed to get a critical hit off of me on her first turn. I almost lost that battle because of that but thankfully I got a critical hit myself which turned things around

fire woven
March 21st, 2011, 12:26 PM
Mine was the inability to kill Reshiram. Every time I defeated it, it just stood there, as if I had done nothing to it. I knew I needed it, and that the game would make me get it, but I figured it would just do something to heal, but it just stood there, looking at me.

Sabrewulf238
March 21st, 2011, 12:28 PM
Two major WTF moments for me... (edit: actually three)

The second time I used the GTS I managed to get a Shiny hatched Zorua (I offered Solosis asking for Zorua). It looks perfectly legit too so I'm treating it as such. I've had no problems so far.

The other wtf moment was my own error when I managed to pass the Mummy ability on to N's Archeops in the final battle. It didn't affect the battle too much though as Archeops didn't last too long.

The third one happened about a day or two ago. For the whole main storyline I never got a critical capture and was wondering why everyone else but me was getting them. However a day or two ago I got four critical captures in one night.

Weavile05
March 22nd, 2011, 04:32 PM
I love Iron Barbs
I was fighting a Cacturne, it kept Flinching me with needle arm, but Ironically, it was doing more damage to itself than it was to me. It eventually killed itself... by attacking me. And of course the turn it died was the turn I didn't flinch....

Oh yeah, and when I'm grinding off of Audino's and they use Heal Pulse on me. I swear, nintendo WANTS us to overlevel ourselves off of those things.

DPooch
March 22nd, 2011, 07:29 PM
I got Zekrom's HP down to 1-5%, and caught it with my first Ultra Ball.

WAT

Twilight-kun
March 23rd, 2011, 07:00 AM
I got Zekrom's HP down to 1-5%, and caught it with my first Ultra Ball.

WAT

Well, THAT'S not all that surprising, seeing as its catch rate is so high
that, and you NEED it to continue the story
I don't think anyone wants to spend 45 minutes trying to capture a Legendary

Now...MY WTF moment was when I first went to Cynthia and as soon as I stepped into her room, she practically jumps down your throat "HOHOHO! A NEW CHALLENGER! BATTLE ME, MORTAL!"

Oryx
March 23rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
Well, THAT'S not all that surprising, seeing as its catch rate is so high
that, and you NEED it to continue the story
I don't think anyone wants to spend 45 minutes trying to capture a Legendary

...unless it's Victini, or Cobalion, or Virizion, or Terrakion, or Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus, or Kyurem, right? :P

Sammuthegreat
March 23rd, 2011, 07:23 AM
...unless it's Victini, or Cobalion, or Virizion, or Terrakion, or Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus, or Kyurem, right? :P

I got Kyurem in my 1st Dusk Ball :P Cobalion only took about 5 Ultra Balls and Victini took about 5 Great Balls. The other Musketeers took a while though.

Spanner226
March 23rd, 2011, 07:36 AM
I'll have to say when I finished off Alder's last pokemon with a lvl 51 Haxorus, and when I caught Cobalion and Virizion within 2 pokeballs.

Xela
March 23rd, 2011, 08:09 AM
My WTF moment was when I triggered the Tornadus event to make him roam the region, and somehow he managed to appear at the route to the E4 and I was like "What?". And while battling him, I actually managed to catch him in my first Quick ball... I was like "Double what?!" after that. Then while fighting Reshiram, I caught it with my first Quick ball... Again... Even though it's supposed to have a high catch rate, I was surprised. Triple what?!

BigIce17
March 23rd, 2011, 08:12 AM
the elite four second time around.

Basculin
March 23rd, 2011, 08:23 AM
I shall hate myself forever......I killed Kyreum and Thundurus. B)

MisterCool
March 23rd, 2011, 08:29 AM
When a Lv. 38 Whimsicott OHKO my Haxorus.

FML.

CrowSama
March 23rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
The Musketeer Trio. Am I not doing it right or something? Cobalion took 3 Timer balls, 3 quick balls, and 24 Ultra balls. Terrakion took 25 Dusk balls, and 28 timer balls, and Virizon took 5 timer balls. Haven't even tried going after Thunderous/Tornadus/Annoying-legends-with-incredibly-low-catch-rates yet.

TheMarkCrafter
March 23rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
Ghetsis at the first encounter, also when he holds his clothes and talk. Milstarton City name at Japanese mode ((Fukiyose City))

OrpheusZero
March 23rd, 2011, 09:43 AM
When I catch Victini 5 times in a row for Modest/Timid and I get Adamant.
Every. Single. One.

Also, N at the end:

"FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS? :D"

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeesy.

dieter57
March 23rd, 2011, 12:08 PM
beating the main story and going back to the elite four.
i send out zekrom Lv 52
Shauntel sends out Lv 71 cofigrigus.
wtf...........

JooJoobs
March 23rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
When Ghetsis sent out his lvl 56 Hydreigon and it started demolishing my team... and then I remembered that Zweilous doesn't evolve till lvl 64. Howhedodat

King Of The Blues
March 23rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
After beating Ghetsis, I decided to venture into route 11. I thought I'd battle a trainer to level up my Pokemon who were roughly in the mid - high 50's. Was really surprised when I trainers with levels of 64/65. Wasn't expecting them to be that high.

King Gumball
March 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
I versed one of those reverends in Iris's gym, and it turns out they are female verteren trainers o_o

wingman11
March 23rd, 2011, 12:38 PM
Two new moments:

One, finding out that the Relic Crown sells to that rich guy in Undella Town for 300,000 bucks! Hello, Floor, I'm Mr. Jaw. Nice to meet you.

Two, getting all psyched to enter Black City and finding a few un-enterable buildings and one trainer. Cue depression.