View Full Version : B/W: Which starter did you pick?

Pages : 1 [2]

March 6th, 2011, 5:03 PM
Tepig, because I took Snivy in my Japanese version, and I don't like Oshawott.

Elite Four Lucian
March 6th, 2011, 6:34 PM
I chose Tepig, because I always pick the first type, because the fire type is my favorite starter.

Unknown Entity
March 6th, 2011, 6:38 PM
the fire type is my favorite starter.

I usually would have went with the Fire Starter... since that's what I've went with since Red and Blue, but Flaming Porkchops just didn't appeal to me... so this time around I had to go with the Grass Starter; Snivy.

March 6th, 2011, 6:43 PM
I picked Snivy because Serperior is cute.

March 6th, 2011, 6:45 PM
I picked Snivy initially because when I saw it in the Japanese version, I loved it. But then when I got my English copy I got Oshawott for battling purposes.

March 7th, 2011, 7:11 AM
I choose Snivy, it's evolved twice to Serperior now tho, level 40 xD

nm legend
March 7th, 2011, 8:55 AM
well i had to get Tepig because my lil brother already got Oshawott and the other is getting Snivy.....but once we are able to breed, im adding Oshawott to my team.....

Tepig is pretty cool hopefully when it evovles i dont regret having it ......

March 7th, 2011, 3:33 PM
I used Tepig in the Japanese version, and I'm using Oshawott in my English version because Samurott is awesome xD

March 7th, 2011, 4:16 PM
I started my Pokemon White with Oshawott, now I have got Pokemon Black I'll be choosing my favourite of the three Snivy.

March 7th, 2011, 5:44 PM
I picked Tepig, I've always liked fire starters. Hoping on trading with my friend to get a Snivy as well.

The Nightmare
March 7th, 2011, 6:33 PM
Hmm...I'm not so sure which starter but I choose Ossawatt as a starter.

March 7th, 2011, 7:40 PM
In 3rd gen I chose the water type Mudkip, in 4th gen I chose the fire type Chimchar, so naturally I decided to choose the grass type Snivy for this generation. I've had my eye on it ever since the photos first appeared on Serebii.

March 7th, 2011, 8:00 PM
Mijumaru--I mean, Oshawott--for White and Snivy for Black. I've never played a Grass starter since (briefly) with Bulbasaur, so Snivy's my first grass-type starter.

Dr Caterpie
March 7th, 2011, 8:18 PM
Snivy for Black (My main version for community battles), But Oshawott for my "Trading Version", Which I'm going to use with my other DS.

March 7th, 2011, 8:29 PM
It took me a long time but I'm going start out with Oshawott and whether a "middle" version comes out or not will determine when I decide to use AR or a friend to get the other 2.

March 7th, 2011, 8:37 PM
Oshawott, just because A) Derpy adorableness. B) Everyone else didn't like it. C) Grew to love it as it continud. D) IT'S A SAMURAI! And now he's my best Pokemanz, and hasn't lost a fight yet.

March 7th, 2011, 9:05 PM
On the poll, I picked Snivy and Oshawott, simply because I picked Snicy in Black and I'm going to pick Oshawott once I get White.

March 7th, 2011, 10:12 PM
i have chosen snivy in my japanese black version and my english white version. for my japanese white i chose the fire starter and english black i am going to chose the water

March 7th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I keep my tradition-always pick Grass starter although grass are not my favorite.

March 8th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I chose Snivy (a female~!) because I never tried using a Grass-type in any of the games yet and I like snakes xD.

March 8th, 2011, 8:08 AM
when it comes to the design I would go with snivy since tepig is A PIG and oshawoot is ugly , but when it comes to status I would go oshawoot caz tepig is sloow but it has strong attack and the snivy is fast but weak attack and oshawoot is medium in all

March 8th, 2011, 9:15 AM
I picked Snivy. First time I've chosen the grass type for the first run through.

March 8th, 2011, 9:22 AM
I always choose water, and even though I thought Oshawott was super cute and its last evolution was cool, I decided to choose fire because I've never chosen that in all the games I've had.

All my friends are unhappy with their decisions and are restarting their games to get new starters, so I'm the farthest in and still happy with Pignite.

March 8th, 2011, 9:25 AM
I picked Oshawatt. I don't really go for a certain type (water wise etc), I basically just go with whatever one is cutest imo.

March 8th, 2011, 9:35 AM
I picked Tepig. <3
I always go for the Fire type, uh.. well almost always. I think it's pretty cute too, ne? :DD;
Oh and yes, attack attack ATTACK. :)

March 8th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I chose oshawott because water starters are the best to me. I chose squirtle, totodile, mudkip, piplup, and now Oshawott.

March 8th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I got Pokemon White and I chose Snivy. First of all, I simply LOVE its "elegant" look. Go Smugleaf, go! :3 Secondly, this is the only starter whose evolutions don't creep me off (the first forms of all starters were cute). I also really like Grass-type Pokemon.

March 8th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Oshawott =D I love water pokes

March 8th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I picked Oshawott, simply because Samurott looks epic.

March 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I picked snivy though i'll get all 3 by trading at some point

March 8th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I picked Oshawhat. Mines is a female ._. I nicknamed it Maru as a reference to mijumaru/futachimaru (But Maru is also the japanese nickname of a friend of mines lol...)

March 8th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I picked snivy and hes doin mre then i expected

March 8th, 2011, 1:07 PM
I chose Oshawott. Because Tepig is a pig... they're awkward lol and everyone is choosing Snivy

March 8th, 2011, 2:01 PM
i chose snivy. decided to try grass this game since everyone is raving about it.

March 8th, 2011, 2:15 PM
I am picking Tepig, he's the cutest of the bunch and that's pretty much all it takes for me and a starter pokemon lol. :D

Heart Gold
March 8th, 2011, 3:01 PM
I still can't decide between Oshawott or Snivy. I ask people what they like but they give me no good reason why.

I still haven't even started my game which I was excited about because of this ;/

March 8th, 2011, 3:10 PM
I chose Oshawott due to I liked it's design and It's movepool so far he is doing great I'm at Pinwheel forest and he is a dewott.

March 8th, 2011, 3:21 PM
Oshawott is so bro, you got no idea... Rightly so, he's my starter choice. Dewott makes me cringe though.. I definitely evolved Dewott as quickly as I could.
Snivy would be my second choice, I love all three of his forms, I just like Samurott a bit more than Serperior.

As for Tepig's evolutions... Ahuihuihuihuihuihui...

March 8th, 2011, 3:24 PM
I picked Oshawatt.

I always had a knack for Water starters.

March 8th, 2011, 4:12 PM
snivy cus it has the cutest evolution reminds me of milotic. the others look like retarded transformers when they are fully evolved hehe

March 9th, 2011, 9:07 AM
Snivy *cough*Smugleaf*cough* just plain wins.

March 9th, 2011, 9:10 AM
I really don't like starters. I think they remove the creativity of the teams, and I'm only using rare Pokemon like Durant.
I chose Snivy....but it ended up in my box, then in some random japanese trainer's hands after I obtained the C-Gear. :P

Heart Gold
March 9th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I was reading some online forum posts and I've decided on Serperior!

It has HUGE potential with certain sets, even more than perversity Serperior.

Got an Impish nature and 31 ATK IV, 27 in all other IVs. :)!

March 9th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Oshawott. I like its final form. The other two... don't really suit my personality that well. Serperior just seems to... royal for my liking, and emboar is a fire type so that was out of the question for me (never picked the fire starters usually, except cyndaquil in GSC). So that left oshawott and although I think it's ugly, planning ahead I like its final form.

March 9th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I picked Tepig because it's basic form is cooler than Oshawott and Snivy.
Also, I never pick the fire starter, so it's a nice change of pace.

And I nicknamed him Sir Jigs.

March 9th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I checked off Snivy and Tepig. Snivy was my starter in Pokémon Black (JP) and I kept it all the way through the game. In White, I traded in a bunch of Pokémon to use and though I chose Tepig, it was dumped after the first gym since I already had Litwick. :x

For the third game I might choose Oshawott, despite not really liking it at all.

March 9th, 2011, 1:05 PM
I'm surprised I never replied to this thread. o_0

Anyway, I started off with Oshawott as planned. I originally planned on evolving it all the way to its last evolution, but I've decided to wait until she's LV 43. Surprisingly enough, my starter turned out to be a female; something I've wanted to happen but didn't think of a possible chance for Oshawott to turn out as. :3

March 9th, 2011, 2:57 PM
I choose Oshawott and named him Oswald!

March 9th, 2011, 4:16 PM
I traded with my mate to get all three, and chose Tepig as my own starter (I almost always go with fire). Have had a look at their final evolutions, and am now strongly questioning whether I want Snivy's final form in my Elite 4 team....just doesn't look right.

March 9th, 2011, 4:25 PM
It was a tough choice.

All the starters are equally adorable. I was considering Tepig merely because I wanted to snag the Grass Monkey faster, since I consider it to be more useful than the others.

In the end, though, I went for whichever one evolved into the most pleasing form: Snivy. It's adorable, mildly strong, and Iike Speed-based Pokemon. Overall, 'was the best choice.

March 9th, 2011, 5:50 PM

I went with Snivy. <3 I liked it more than the other two, mostly because everybody was going to pick Oshawott and Tepig sucks.

March 9th, 2011, 6:04 PM
snivy of course!
i usually go for the more reptilian starter.
i don't know why.
guess that explains my love for scraggy and krokorok as well.

Iron Mankey
March 9th, 2011, 7:03 PM

I call him MISTER PIG.

March 9th, 2011, 8:11 PM
I ordered the Japanese White version and on it I picked Mijumaru/Oshawott and I just picked up my US Black version and got Snivy.

Sarcastic Prince
March 9th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I don't know why everybody bothered to choose Snivy, since it was the hardest to start with. Anyways, I chose Oshawott, and the reason to this is basically because I thought it was the easiest to start with. I don't care about its looks. Yes, Oshawott looked REALLY ugly, but it's good to start with.

March 10th, 2011, 12:59 AM
I've got Snivy, but then I traded the other two from two Pokemon White games.
In that way, I'm gonna get 1 Reshiram from my Black and 2 Zekrom from the White ones!

EDIT: Also, I have a friend of mine that does events for all Pokemon games, so now I have 3 Victini shiny lv.5 lulz

March 10th, 2011, 3:19 AM
I fell in love with Oshawott *___* <3 He's so cute,I don't really like snivy and much less tepig

March 10th, 2011, 3:52 AM
Tepig all the way. It makes it own bacon!

And i always tend to pick the fire pokemon to start with.

March 10th, 2011, 4:26 AM
I chose Oshawott...I really want Snivy, so I'll choose it on my other copy :D

March 10th, 2011, 7:24 AM
Snivy cuz it has the best looking evolutions, the best stats, but sadly the worst moveset T^T
on another note to the beginners, i have to laugh at how Tepig is the least picked beginner XD guess im not the only one who finds fire/fighting to have gotten VERY old after 3generations

March 10th, 2011, 9:01 AM
I chose Tepig, because it has the best looking final evolution and reminds me of Ganon, which is just awesome.

March 10th, 2011, 9:09 AM
Tepig. He is so adorable, and his evolution is a fire/fighting type, which have grown on my since Blaziken. (except Infernape... didn't like him)

March 10th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Oshawott i thought he had the best evalution lol

March 10th, 2011, 4:25 PM
Last night got all three like I intended on White. Started off with Tepig, then Siggy was giving away Snivy's so I took one, then got Fabio to help me trade an Oshawott from my Black version to White. :) Probs going to breed Snivy myself so I can have one with my OT. XD And Oshawott idc, it has the same player name as me.

March 12th, 2011, 5:25 AM
I chose Oshawott. It is awesome and it is my favorite.

March 12th, 2011, 6:18 AM
I don't know why, but I choose Tepig.

March 12th, 2011, 6:22 AM
I chose Tepig, just because i wanted to get Pansage faster^^ I don't use my Tepig. It's ugly and I hate it. And I don't like fire pokemons anyway <___>

Captain Fabio
March 13th, 2011, 9:56 AM
I chose Tepig.
I normally go with the fire starters, so I just thought I would keep it going!

March 13th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I picked Oshawott, always planned on doing so from the start.

Cold Fusion
March 13th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I was going to pick Oshawott from the start, but for some unknown reason I decided that I would pick Tepig and now I hate him, he's sooooo annoying and has a ugly evolution line. So when I get Black I'm going to get an Oshawott for definite.

March 13th, 2011, 1:11 PM
Picked Snivy because it is the fastest of the starters and I hate attacking last in the round :P

March 13th, 2011, 5:18 PM
I chose Tepig. I chose Tepig because I like fire types, I found him to be pretty cool and the other two starters looked weird... All three of them look weird actualy.

March 13th, 2011, 5:22 PM
I love Oshawott, because it's very cute, and I like it's design. That is why I chose it in White. When I purchase Black, I will choose Snivy (Smugleaf) I don't like Emboar at all, But Tepig is kinda cute though.

March 13th, 2011, 5:29 PM
I've always been fond of the water starters, but I don't know if I'm gonna go with Oshawott. I'm getting the game on the 27th when the 3DS comes out and I think I'm more fond of Snivy.

March 13th, 2011, 5:43 PM
I choose Snivy but since I decided not to use starter so Snivy is replaced by Oshawott (HM slave :P)
Current team:
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/034/d/9/chandelure_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38p0qh.gifFlamethrower, Shadow Ball,Psychic, Will-o-wisp
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/037/8/3/braviary_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38yvcz.gifFly, Brave Bird, Thrash, Super Power
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/034/5/d/klinklang_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38p02e.gifGear Grind, Toxic, Shift Gear, Protect
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/032/2/2/scrafty_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38jdou.gifHi Jump Kick, Crunch, Rock Climb, Head Smash
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/028/8/2/doredia_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d388zmz.gifEnergy Ball, Petal Dance, Quiver Dance, Teeter Dance
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/025/8/5/daikenki_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d3802u0.gifSurf, Cut, Strength, Waterfall

March 13th, 2011, 6:19 PM
I chose Oshawott, because it's cute! XD

March 13th, 2011, 6:23 PM
I chose Oshawott then restarted and ended up with Tepig, much happier with my choice.

The only problem is most of the water pokemon are garbo', the only early one you get can is Tympole and it's just plain creepy.

March 13th, 2011, 8:17 PM
Oshowatt, because eh is a pretty kewl guy, he looks like Pilup and doesn't afraid of being hated for it.

March 16th, 2011, 4:07 AM
I chose Tepig. I chose it because it is awesome and it is my favorite starter!

March 16th, 2011, 7:00 AM
Oshowatt, because eh is a pretty kewl guy, he looks like Pilup and doesn't afraid of anything.

I went with Snivy for now just to experiment but my first choice would have been Oshawott.

March 16th, 2011, 7:06 AM
osawott because it has a 2nd cool evoltion! plus my twin choosen snivy because she likes the 3rd evoltion

March 22nd, 2011, 6:03 AM
I chose Oshawott. It is my favorite and it is so awesome!

March 22nd, 2011, 6:09 AM
Snivy is just too awesome to leave alone. I haven't even evolved him yet at Lv. 44 because I do NOT like Servine.

danno 507
March 24th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Gots all three! :D despite having to play the game like three hours b4 actually playing it properly it was well worth it cuz now ive a really good versatile team....which is always awesom :D

March 24th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I picked Oshawott, although I'm now thinking of buying Black too so will have to make a decision on Snivy or Tepig now, not sure which one to go with, I'm leaning towards Snivy but I'm still to make my mind up.

March 26th, 2011, 8:14 AM
Snivy definately. All the starters are great in their own way, but Snivy, in my opinion, is the best looking grass starter and the fact that I've never really chosen a grass starter makes it even more fun/challenging.

R.K 9
March 26th, 2011, 1:04 PM
I chose tepig, mainly because fire is my favourite type. even though it's another fire/fighting, oshawott just looked dull and snivy would have probably been better if it had a second type. alas.

March 26th, 2011, 4:58 PM
I picked Tepig because I usually pick fire pokemon and I had a craving for bacon :)

March 26th, 2011, 8:51 PM
I chose Snivy. He's ok, his speed is great other stats are mediocre.

March 26th, 2011, 9:40 PM
I chose Snivy. I always choose the grass starters.

March 30th, 2011, 8:42 AM
I chose Snivy. She is now a beautiful lv. 54 Serperior.

March 30th, 2011, 9:17 AM
Snivy, mainly because I'm a fan of grass types, and I liked its final evolution- Serperior. xD

March 30th, 2011, 9:57 AM
I have all three through trades :D

March 30th, 2011, 9:59 AM
Oshawott because it is the best starter of all time

March 30th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Tepig, then Oshawott then Snivy :)

On separate games OFC!

March 30th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Well...I picked Oshawott. Then repeatedly restarted, before going back to Oshawott, having never left Nuvema Town. It's now a lv.77 Samurott, so I reckon its been a good choice.

March 30th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I picked snivy, mainly because i tend to like fast pokemon. I'm glad I chose him, leech seed and coil helped alot in the elite four rematches.

March 30th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I chose Tepig
It's so cute in the anime

March 30th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I started with Tepig, I like its final evolution form.

Dusk White
March 30th, 2011, 3:58 PM
I picked oshawott because dewott is cool to me.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 30th, 2011, 4:12 PM
I started with Oshawott and still love his final evolution

March 31st, 2011, 8:14 AM
WOO oshawott. Even though i thought that tepig was cooler

March 31st, 2011, 8:20 AM
I started with Snivy but got all 3 by trading

Red Scizor
March 31st, 2011, 8:44 AM

Because I wanted an Emboar, because he has a flame beard.

March 31st, 2011, 10:32 AM
Tepig. I always choose the fire starter.

Liquid Halo
April 9th, 2011, 3:07 PM
As you may or may not know from the 'What did you name yourself thread' I had named my character Cedric after Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. As I tend to do I like my starter to have a matching name and as close to a matching species as possible to my character if I can.

So I chose Oshawott as it was most badger like although I know it's supposed to be an otter, and made it female so that I could name it Hufflepuff :)

April 9th, 2011, 5:25 PM
I knew before I even got the game I would pick Snivy and that's what I ended up doing.

April 9th, 2011, 5:28 PM
Smugleaf/Snivy/Tsutaaja. I ****ing love that thing so much. But I think I'll go for Tepig in Grey/Rainbow, because its moveset and stats are absolutely ballin'.

Noob out.

April 9th, 2011, 5:32 PM
For my first playthrough, I picked Oshawott. I'm on my second playthrough right now and I picked Tepig. To be honest, I'm a little happier with my now Pignite than I was with my Samurott. It's funny, I wasn't crazy about Tepig at all when I first saw the Unova starters, but he's really grown on me. :D

April 9th, 2011, 6:50 PM
I'm picking Oshawott when I get Black.

I might need permission from my brother to trade starters between my Black and his White. I'll restart twice for 2 Tepigs, trade them to his game. I'll restart two more times to get 2 Snivys, trade again. Then when I choose Oshawott I will trade one Tepig and Snivy to my game so I can be like Ash in the anime (he owns all 3 starters).

I used the same trading strategy in HG & SS.

April 9th, 2011, 6:57 PM
I ended up choosing Tepig in White version. I ended up naming him Hephaestus after the Greek God of fire. He was pretty beast and helped me beat the majority of my game. I chose Mijumaru in Black. He's pretty neat. I don't know if I'll end up using him the full game because I'm only at Pinwheel Forest ^^

April 10th, 2011, 12:04 AM
I picked Oshawott, as I fell in love with it via the anime!
He's now a Samurott named Aragorn. <3

April 10th, 2011, 12:06 AM
I went with Oshawott. I love his evolutionary chain, and I always go with the water starter anyway.

I named him Kenshin because I suck.

April 10th, 2011, 12:58 AM
It's strange that I didn't post in this thread for around 2 months. Anyway, I chose Snivy and I'm sticking with my choice. Guess my love of Grass types is too much for the other starters, huh?

April 10th, 2011, 1:00 AM
Oshawott as I liked his final evo better than the other starters, and wanted a water type for my starter anyway.

April 10th, 2011, 3:02 AM
I really liked Snivy.. but I didn't want to pick it 'cuz I thought that 90% of people will o.o"
so I went for Osha and no regrets! Samu is just ahmazing. x3

April 10th, 2011, 3:14 AM
tepig, always like the firestarter ^^

April 10th, 2011, 5:53 AM
I picked Oshawott in my 3rd playthrough and so far I'm liking him compared to the two other. But I got all the three through GTS trades.

April 10th, 2011, 6:02 AM
I picked Mijyumaru. I just have the Japanese version of the game and I have been trying to translate it all so it's been slow going.

April 13th, 2011, 1:30 PM
I've always prefered the one I chose, that was Snivy.

April 13th, 2011, 4:58 PM
I picked Snivy, because I'd been advised by many people that it's easier to get Oshawott through GTS and I never really cared for Tepig much.

April 14th, 2011, 3:48 AM
Now that I've beaten the Elite Four the first time around, I have all three starters. However, the Oshawott I started off with still remains to be one as I never had plans to evolve her. I guess you can say the starter I've chosen will always remain that same starter. :P

April 15th, 2011, 6:11 AM
I always go for the fire type, even though they used THE SAME type combination THREE GENERATIONS in a row. Still, my Blaziken and Infernape both kicked butt. So did my Emboar, in the end.

April 15th, 2011, 6:20 AM
Chose Tepig. Don't know why. Should've went with Oshawott, but Tepig grew on me.

April 15th, 2011, 6:33 AM
Finally just started my Pokémon Black version and decided to pick the Sea Otter Pokémon Oshawott.

April 15th, 2011, 1:14 PM
I heard some time ago that Tepig becomes a massive Boar (Emboar).

I called it Ganon (to those that get the reference). I really like the guy too.

April 23rd, 2011, 1:08 AM
Water is my favourite type so Oshawott. And he's so cute...

April 23rd, 2011, 4:18 PM
I chose Oshawott based on the gym types and because Samurott looks freakin awesome!

Seeds Horizon
April 23rd, 2011, 6:01 PM
I picked Oshawott for my first playthrough, caught most legendaries and did everything except defeat Bianca and the second run of E4. Then I reset, since I was seriously bored~~~ And picked Snivy. Took me ages with him, kept stopping to grind my Pokes since Snivy was seriously weak to most Gyms, and my party was made mostly of Grass and Grass/Bug types up until the 6th gym. After taking out the E4 for the first time and getting Zekrom, trading it through GTS for a level 46 Japanese Emboar XD. For my first playthrough didnt even use Zekrom much unless it was my last Poke so I didnt need it anyway, a Dragon/Electric type doesnt really appeal to me. So getting Emboar elminated my need to reset. I guess *shrugs*

April 23rd, 2011, 6:08 PM
I went with Tepig, mainly because everyone I know chose Oshawott, So I like to be different. Then I bought White yesterday and started with Snivy.

May 5th, 2011, 9:40 PM
In the surprise of the century, I chose Oshawott. :) He's been good to me.^^

May 5th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I picked Oshawott because I always pick a water type pokemon as a starter. Plus, samurai otters are awesome!

May 6th, 2011, 4:33 AM
Oshawott as I fell in love with him after watching the first couple of Black/White episodes. I normally go with the fire starter but Tepig just didn't do it for me.

Shining Raichu
May 6th, 2011, 4:34 AM
I chose Tepig and regretted it. Never have I found a worse Fire starter in the history of Pokemon. I then restarted, chose Snivy and fell in love.

May 6th, 2011, 7:07 AM
Snivy, the most epic of the three, oshawott and tepig tying for 2nd most awesome.

May 6th, 2011, 4:02 PM
Wow and i though tepig was the popular one looks like im the underdog here XD

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
May 6th, 2011, 4:10 PM
I picked oshawott since snivy and its evo's have bad stats and a weak against everything, and Fire/Fighting is like old now. In my opinion, blaziken was the only good Fire/Fighting. And who cant love a sea otter?

May 6th, 2011, 6:06 PM
Oshawatt. Usually the water makes the first couple gym battles easier. I was expecting the same (stupid 1st gym) and plus, free pokemon to use surf, right?

May 7th, 2011, 5:15 AM
Every game I've had I've always went for the fire starter first.
Since B&W were full of changes I thought I'd change too and went with Snivy.

May 7th, 2011, 2:46 PM
Snivy's stats didn't really fit my style of play so even though that is originally who I planned on picking, I ended up getting Oshawott instead.

May 7th, 2011, 4:33 PM
I picked Tepig, now he's emboar and mega strong.

Always preferred fire type's so naturally i went for him :) was a tough choice though

May 7th, 2011, 6:42 PM
Snivy! But it is really a tie between Serperior and Samurott..

BlooMilk C.
May 8th, 2011, 2:42 PM
I picked Oshawott because I have a strange tendency to pick the water-type starters, and I wanted to fight Cilan, though I obtained Snivy through a trade with my brother later.

May 8th, 2011, 3:03 PM
I picked Snivy, mostly because I think it looked the best out of the three, especially it's final evolution. But it still served me quite well.

May 8th, 2011, 5:43 PM
I picked Snivy, mostly because I think it looked the best out of the three, especially it's final evolution. But it still served me quite well.

so yeah i picked out snivy and named him kai. he's a serperior now and is level 46.

May 9th, 2011, 2:21 AM
I chose Snivy because it was my favourite out of the three. I named it Leaf Blade. Little did I know that there was a Grass Type Move called Leaf Blade.
"Leaf Blade used Leaf Blade!"

Metal Electric
May 9th, 2011, 7:26 AM
On my first playtrough I chose Oshawott, but on my second one I chose Tepig and I really like Tepig and his evolution line more than Oshawott and his evolution line.

May 9th, 2011, 3:51 PM
I picked Oshawott for my starter Pokemon. I love Water Pokemon, and now I love Samurott.

May 11th, 2011, 4:43 PM
Tepig. #1, I think its adorable. #2, the last evolution is beast. #3, I can breed Bruno and name one of the babies Porkchop. #4, its the least picked of the three. And #5, its the fire starter. I almost always pick fire starters.

Bruno and I are goin' all the way, were a flawless team, him and me. <3

May 11th, 2011, 5:51 PM
I chose Snivy because everyone was making fun of how weak it was and I wanted a challenge. Turns out it isn't that weak and it's by far my favorite grass starter. I call it Beelzebub XD

Wyatt Fire
May 11th, 2011, 8:43 PM
I think Oshawott's the cutest, but I chose Tepig because I am a fire trainer. I don't really give myself much of a choice. I think Tepig's evolutions look the best compared to the others though—and I don't like any of them, haha.

My Emboar will always have a warm place in my cold heart.

May 11th, 2011, 8:51 PM
I chose Snivy because everyone was making fun of how weak it was and I wanted a challenge. Turns out it isn't that weak and it's by far my favorite grass starter. I call it Beelzebub XD

I agree, I hated how everyone said that. I started my first game with Tepig, because I liked to be different because many people chose Osh. But in my White version, I started with Snivy because I too wanted the challenge.

Wyatt Fire
May 11th, 2011, 9:08 PM
I have a Snivy, because I—at some point—decided to switch to a Grass type team because I love the colour green and nature.

Grass Pokémon seem so weak though and I am a lot more about a strong attack, where fire seems to be strong to me.

They're like, opposites. =_=);

May 12th, 2011, 1:25 AM
On my trial run, I chose Oshawott because of the anime...
I guess old habits die hard, since I based on the anime for my starter choice in the first gen, too. :)
The trial run lasted until the second town, and when I saw the Snivy (which had quite a background for a starter Pokemon in the anime) that Ash caught later on, I tried Snivy and went through with it until now.

I feel guilty for not continuing my Oshawott run, though. I'll just use him on my next game, or maybe in Pokemon Grey if I get too attached to Snivy and can't bring myself to restart my game. :P

May 12th, 2011, 1:28 AM
I chose Oshawott and I named him Hercules. ;D

May 12th, 2011, 5:41 PM
In my Pokemon Black runthrough I totally picked Snivy, but wanted to nickname him Smugleaf. When it didn't let you rename him right away I thought I'd done something wrong and panicked XD...I ended up renaming him Smuglord after he evolved though. For Pokemon White I chose Oshawott and named him Wotter, then traded and am now using a Tepig (now Emboar) named Ganon.

:t254: Sceptile0111 :t254:

May 12th, 2011, 5:49 PM
Scratch my last post, I'm restarting again (thanks OCD *rolls eyes and laughs*)
I'm now picking Oshawott because Tepig wasn't doin' too well for me. ^^'

Hmmm...I'll name it Isora! It means "Goddess of the sea shore" in Japanese so it works perfectly! I'll just keep resetting until I get a female wott. <3

May 12th, 2011, 5:53 PM
I was able to defeat every trainer with just my Oshawott starter.I only had 2 rematch a few gym leaders which my Oshawott was weak to eg the 1st gym leader.Other than that i smoked everyone including Cheren whom my starter is suppose to be weak against.I suppose you could say i used Oshawott too much as he was lvl 70 by the end of the game.Still i did come up against Dragon Grass type trainers and even they werent a challenge 4 my Oshawott xD.

May 12th, 2011, 8:03 PM
my first play through on black I chose Snivey, second play through I chose tepig because I wanted an advantage in the normal and bug gyms, on my current playthrough of white I'm trying oshawatt

May 12th, 2011, 8:09 PM
In Black, I picked Oshawott. In White, I picked Tepig (later dumped..). I have obtained a Snivy through trading but I forgot to vote that. :B

May 13th, 2011, 4:33 AM
I took one look at the other two and went,

"Holy mother.
It's gotta be Snivy."

May 13th, 2011, 6:55 AM
I always have a tendency to choose the Fire-Type starter in all Pokémon games, so I've chosen Tepig.

I called him RAZORBEAST because there's a Maximal called Razorbeast from Beast Wars Transformers toys that transforms in a wild boar. So when he finally evolved to Emboar, he was enought worthy to be called like that. XD

Atomic Pirate
May 21st, 2011, 10:58 AM
I picked Tepig because it's final evo is cool.

May 21st, 2011, 4:53 PM
Pcch :p

Oshawott for my black :D and Snivy for my white :D

Then for the next game I'll lean on Tepig

I make good nicknames: Snivy (leafzilla) Tepig for gray (fire power) and oshawott (Shellster)

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 21st, 2011, 5:16 PM
I picked Tepig. Gosh. Never thought Tepig would be the least chosen. Madness I say! Oh well. c:

~Pkmn Trainer Green
May 21st, 2011, 5:17 PM
I picked Snivy for the first time but it was a mistake on my part. It was nowhere near effective as I hoped it would be.

May 21st, 2011, 8:07 PM
Tepig :D Mainly for sole person of naming it Bacon and because I almost always pick the fire type.

May 21st, 2011, 8:40 PM
I picked Oshawott for 3 times now in my 5 Pokémon White restarts.. First is that its simply adorable. Second, when I watched the anime "Best Wishes", it tripled Oshawott's cuteness.

May 23rd, 2011, 3:10 PM
Everytime I was playing my White, I picked Snivy. I was thinking about Oshawott, because I heard bad things about Snivy. It is very weak and every foe was able to beat Snivy. Then I took Snivy, because I wanted to test my Snivy. It was not weak, but it was strong. It was able to beat the first gymleader, without any help. I needed a lot of potions, but that is no problem. I named my Snivy "Champ", because it is strong and the name is cool. ;-)

May 24th, 2011, 1:44 AM
I just began on my second runtrough with Tepig/Pignite/Embroar and I am seriously happy now. First I picked Snivy, but I realised grass just aren't any good offensively.. so I picked the strongest pokemon type offensively to begin with FIRE! I also had to think about it because having a water pokemon but most oppeonents have weakness for fire.

May 28th, 2011, 5:04 PM
I picked Snivy. He looked cool and he was my favourite type for starters.

Oh! Forgot too add that now after I beat the game, I'm trying Oshawatt

May 29th, 2011, 7:41 PM
tepig! :D

he is like a giant flaming sumo lol

May 30th, 2011, 4:55 AM
Snivy is the Starter I chose in my Japanese run and Oshawott is the one I chose in my English run, when I bought the games when they came out. Though I obtained Tepig via trade, I've never used it, because I'm not fond of the fact that its (the Fire-type's) evolutions are once again Fire/Fighting.

I was kind of hoping for a pure Fire-type Starter, much like Snivy and Oshawott remain as when they evolve, but I guess they thought we hadn't had enough of the same dual-type since Generation III.

May 30th, 2011, 5:13 AM
For the two times which I've actually played through the game, I've planned on dumping the starter Pokemon, and decided to go with Oshawott. I chose Oshawott mostly to follow closely to the anime (Ash has an Oshawott which came from Prof. Juniper) and to battle Cilan.

May 31st, 2011, 8:45 AM

Cause it's super cute!

Golden Warrior
June 3rd, 2011, 7:24 AM
I chose Tepig. I like fire Pokemon. For every generation I have chosen the fire starter!

June 3rd, 2011, 7:31 AM
Tepig, in an response to H1N1. (swine flu)

June 3rd, 2011, 9:03 AM
Servy. I love grass type. For every generation except Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, I've chosen grass. For Kanto it was Charmander, Hoenn it was Torchic, and Sinnoh it was piplup.

I mainly choose on cuteness, but none of the starters in Unova were really that cute, so I just chose the grass type.

June 3rd, 2011, 9:13 AM
I picked Oshawott. I think this is the first Gen that i picked the Water Type first.

Almost Me
June 3rd, 2011, 9:34 AM
Snivy, because it's cool. But I abandoned it because it sucks so hard.

June 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I chose Tepig because I like pigs better than snakes or otters.

June 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I chose Snivy. I'd loved it ever since it was first announced.

June 6th, 2011, 2:48 PM
I chose Snivy because I liked how the final form looked. It looks amazing!