PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Which starter did you pick?

Pages : [1] 2

Forever
February 5th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott are the three starters of the Unova region, which are grass, fire and water types. Which will you pick and why?

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ee/495Snivy_Dream.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/10/498Tepig_Dream.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e3/501Oshawott_Dream.png

Remember, this thread isn't for discussion of the starters, it's just asking which one you'll pick ^_________^

Nateon
February 5th, 2011, 07:28 AM
I bought japanese pokemon black and chose Mijumaru/Oshawott as it was my second fave of the starters and i love the final form, for the english one i'm taking Tsutarja/Snivy and i think it's awesome and i'm hoping i can get a female one like Ash's in the anime =]

shemellon
February 5th, 2011, 07:35 AM
id choose Snivy -shemellon- even though i think oshawot is better -shemellon- id love a good challenge training this pokemon-shemellon-

Blue
February 5th, 2011, 07:37 AM
It's between Oshawott and Snivy, simply because I chose Tepig in Pokemon White (Japanese) however, I still might go for Tepig being my favourite starter. But I'll most probally go for Oshawott because it's got the best final evolution IMO.

Regeneration
February 5th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Snivy, all hands down. Easily, the best out of the three with an elegant and smug design. :3

Meganium
February 5th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Totally choosing Snivy/Tsutarja. I love grass type starters and this will be the fourth time that I've used a grass-type starter.

GaXeL
February 5th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I honestly don't like any of them...

GlitchCity
February 5th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I have a soft spot for grass types <3 so Snivy it is.

Satoshi Ookami
February 5th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Fire starter is fire starter, Pokabu =)

Manila Luzon
February 5th, 2011, 10:46 AM
As much as they are uber cute, and there evolutions are super duper, I have decided that neither shall make my team, instead I'm getting a Torcoal traded over from my friends Japanese Black n.n

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 5th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Snivy first...though I might also try to get the others by trade :3

Ryden
February 5th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Snivy, but no way I'll be calling him that, Smugleaf all the way XD

This works out will for me too, since two of my closest friends plan to choose the water and the other the fire. Kinda neat this gen worked out that we all I had different preferences for a change

MegaKuriboh
February 5th, 2011, 11:14 AM
My first runthrough I'll start with Tepig and my second runthrough I'll go with Snivy
It was a hard choice

ShaQuL
February 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM
tepig becos i just love his 3rd evo :D embroar rox :D

Pokemaster483
February 5th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I'm planning to use Oshawott my first time through Black/White. I would like to use Snivy at some point as well, whether it be on the third version or I just get both games

shinyroserade
February 5th, 2011, 11:56 AM
being a grass gym leader ill pick snivy of course and im soo teaching her attract

Latios Master
February 5th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I'm picking Snivy, which is the first time that my favorite starter is the Grass one. After Charmander in gen 1 my favorite was the Water starter in gens 2-4. I think the other two are two of the worst starters. The only ones I dislike more are Chikorita and Chimchar. I do plan on trading for the other two, however.

Tropical Sunlight
February 5th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I picked Oshawott in my JP White and my brother will pick Tepig, and that leaves me with Snivy. I also haven't picked a Grass-type starter for a long time.

PlatinumDude
February 5th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I'm either going with Tepig or Oshawott. Snivy is too weak offensively.

Raichu1988
February 5th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I usually have a tendency to pick fire or water first before grass (the exception to this was Bulbasaur, I loved all Kanto starters)... but, I must admit that the grass starter looks sweet in these games. Snivy will be mine! :D

MysticFlygon
February 5th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Since I don't plan on buying Black and White at the same time trading for all three is out of the question, so I'll be picking Snivy the first time I play through it.

Erufuun
February 5th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Oshawott for me, since my plan team is Victini and Doreida! :3

Gulpin
February 5th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Even though I've already played through White with Oshawott, I'll still be picking him in my English version, just because I still favor him and his evolutions over the others, with Snivy in second place.

flight
February 5th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I'm definitely going for Snivy. I'm always one for the grass types, anyway.

MarioManH
February 5th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Ima do the Trading scam, copy Ash's team off of the Anime(Discluding Pikachu). Also, I hat ethe final form of Snivy, looks retarted.

GSCyndaquil19
February 6th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Probably Tepig and for these reasons.
1.I have a tradition of choosing the Fire Pokemon my first time through
2.Oshawott looks stupid(to me, no offence to people who like it)
3.I'd pick Snivy, but his evolutions turn me off.

RYOUKI
February 6th, 2011, 10:08 AM
iirc, grass-type will have a harder time this time due to the typing of the gym leaders this time. But Serperior is just too cool to pass up!

Sabrewulf238
February 6th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Pretty easy choice for me, I'm picking Oshawott. The best of the three starters.

I like Serperior much more than I like Snivy, so I'll probably pick Snivy in the third version.

Tepig doesn't really interest me. (Blaziken forever!)

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
February 6th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I would like to have a go with Snivy and Oshawott - Snivy because he's awesome and Oshawott purely because his final design is the shizz :cool:

Kamitsure-chan
February 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Oshawott. Its overall evolution design is my favorite of the three, and it was the only starter that struck me as OMG MUST HAVE.

Guy
February 6th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I've planned to choose Oshawott for the longest while now and will probably get the other two starters from a trade for when I want to complete my PokéDex.

Miss Doronjo
February 6th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Either Oshawatt or Tepig; Oshawatt, cause well, he's pretty cool for a water type, and Tepig has its cool Nitro Charge! ...Then again, I also have a tradition of always picking the grass types at each pokemon run, so Snivy is also an option, but for the most part, Oshawatt or Tepig.

Exile
February 6th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I like Tepig and Pignite's designs a lot, but I really don't like Emboar's design. I like Mijumaru, but if I were to pick it,
my choice would be based on Daikenki, whose design I adore. So for now, it's a toss-up, but I'll ultimately choose Tepig, come March, most likely.

Sabrewulf238
February 6th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I like Tepig and Pignite's designs a lot, but I really don't like Emboar's design. I like Mijumaru, but if I were to pick it,
my choice would be based on Daikenki, whose design I adore. So for now, it's a toss-up, but I'll ultimately choose Tepig, come March, most likely.

Would it not make more sense to base your decision on the final form? It is the form you'll be seeing for the longest and what you'll be stuck with when all is said and done.

Zackraa
February 6th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I might get Tepig in a trade but I'm starting with Oshawott and I don't honestly care about Snivy

Velvex the Øverlørd
February 6th, 2011, 01:58 PM
None of them are really appealing if you ask me, but I will probably choose Oshawott as I've always chosen the water starter, it would feel too weird not to choose it.

Quilava's Master
February 6th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Snivy cause I love Serperior's design. Far outranks the others

princesskittenface
February 6th, 2011, 07:26 PM
i think im going to pick the weird shell otter because i like the overall look of it the best

DarkNecroWolf
February 7th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Amigawd SNIVY!!!!!!!! I love Snivy so muuchh!! The reason being I have 2 lizards, and Snivy reminds me of them :3

pokefan41
February 7th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Tepig. I enjoy fire pokemon a lot. I often will try to get one on my team fairly quickly.

Unknown#
February 7th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I think I'm going to choose Oshawatt becuase I really like the way Samurott looks. Also, with the exception of Diamond I've always chose the water-type starter anyways.

SwagginSkitty
February 7th, 2011, 01:27 PM
When i nuzlocke this, it's going to be Snivy all the way. Those defences and spped are too much to give up. But in a regular playthrough, there's nothing better than Oshawott's final evo. I do feel bad for Tepig, no one loves it </3

Crimson5M
February 7th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Oshawott, because it's my favourite of the starters, it's evolutions as well as itself have a really great design, and because I'm really not too fond of Tepig's evolutions (Snivy's are meh). Originally it was going to be Snivy who I picked...but Oshawott grew on me. So yeah, I'm picking Oshawott.

amberfunk
February 7th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I'm going to choose snivy because I love all of its evolution line designs especially its final stage. It's awesome.

Equal Eyes
February 7th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Totally choosing Snivy/Tsutarja. I love grass type starters and this will be the fourth time that I've used a grass-type starter.
This. Grass type pokemon are one of my three favorite types.

TehPsychicTypeMaster
February 7th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I'm choosing Snivy hands down, because the evolutionary line looks the best of all the others.

Blue
February 7th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I'm going with Oshawott, because although Snivy has the best first evo IMO, and Tepig being my favourite, I used Tepig in Japanese White and Oshawott has th best final evo IMO so choosing Oshawott, and that leaves me to choose Snivy in the third game when it comes out!

Shining Raichu
February 7th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Tepig the first time around, because it's a tradition of mine to always pick the Fire starter first, ever since my baby Charmander back in 1998.

ManhattanTheStarr
February 7th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Tepig. Weird, it was Oshawott that was the least liked when B/W were first announced... (,,/,, you, Samurott). ANYWAYS, I'll be picking Tepig because it's adorable, and has an adorable evolution (excluding Emboar >.>). The Fire/Fighting repetition doesn't really matter to me anymore. Besides, Fighting is my favorite type anyways. :B

Rawrinism
February 7th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I might not use a starter. Mainly because there are too much pokemon I want on my team this gen... :(
It's hard to limit down to 6 for me... ;(
I'm prob gonna choose Snivy though...

CriticalFlygon
February 7th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I'm choosing snivy because I think it has the best first and final evolutions plus this will my first grass starter so it'll be a nice change of pace.

ShinyZoruaGirl
February 7th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Tie between Oshawott and Snivy. I love Snivy because my crush did graffiti of Snivy today. (He drew Snivy on the wall with chalk, I don't think that's graffiti..-.-') But, I like Oshawott because s/he is a FRICKEN otter! :D I don't trade, so I'll pray about it. ;)

Ayselipera
February 7th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I've been planning on Oshawott for months. When the starters were first shown I wanted Snivy, then Oshawott, and then Tepig. Once I saw their final evolutions though I had to pick Oshawott. Snivy's line looks okay, but being that there are so many wonderful grass types this generation and Snivy can be used anytime I'm going to wait on that one. Tepig on the other hand just completely disappointed me when it went from cute little piggy to beastly man pig. Not to mention the fire/fighting combo. D:

Oshawott on the other hand goes from cute, to stupid, to awesome..... so as long as it ends in awesome that's fine with me!

BonzaiMudkip
February 7th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I was gonna choose snivy when the starters were first announced. After that and onwards, i want to start off with oshawott.

Astinus
February 7th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I've played partially through Black with just Oshawott as my starter, but I'm still going to chose him once I get the English versions. And since I'm getting both Black and White at the same time, I'll trade over all three starters so I have them. I'm only going to use Oshawott and Snivy on my team, though. Tepig's getting boxed.

Venomoth Z
February 7th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Well, I'm picking Snivy because l never pick the grass starter, tepig fire/fighting starter been there done that, Oshawott seems pretty cool but overall Snivy's final evolution looks good to me, a breath of fresh air for the starters in my opinion.

Manatee Express
February 7th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Snivy, 'Cause I like all its evos

TJgamer
February 7th, 2011, 11:23 PM
I'd definitely start with Oshawott.
I will probably get a Tepig too later.
As for Snivy.....maybe. I'd have to think about it.

Katja
February 7th, 2011, 11:27 PM
http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/049/968/original/smugleaf.jpg?1274033804

I'm getting him to level 100 without evolving. EVER

Pokemon Trainer Touko
February 8th, 2011, 03:44 AM
I have the Japanese version for both black and white and I've picked Snivy for both of them and I'm also willing to pick Snivy in the English version too XD

Cham
February 8th, 2011, 06:07 AM
I am going to get Oshawott, it is so cute! I have always gravitated towards picking the water stater, they always seem to stick out to me.

Kotowari
February 8th, 2011, 06:29 AM
If I were to get the game, I'd get Snivy. :3 I was originally going to pick Tepig, but it's evolution line completely disappointed me. : < Oshawott is a second choice, but I'd rather stick with Snivy. It's a very good Pokémon. :3

Sol Rovyn
February 8th, 2011, 07:03 AM
I'd definitely pick Snivy because Serperior is probably one of the better looking Pokémon in this generation. He's based off a serpent, so he'd look epic alongside Milotic. Either way, I typically go with grass-type starters (Venusaur in FR/LG and Torterra in DPPt).

Blue
February 8th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I want a starter in my team, but then there are so many more Pokémon that I like in this generation that I want in my team, it's a pity it's just six, then again, it would be much harder if you had something like, ten to train.

pokewalker
February 8th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Snivy <3 He's by far the coolest with the best final evo's :)

Esper
February 8th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I've already picked Mijumaru because he's the cutest of the bunch (though his evolutions are kind of meh), but if I were to start a new game I would go with Pokabu next. I don't think I'd bother with Tsutaaja though. I don't really care for that one. :|

Kokuo
February 8th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Oshawott, I usually pick the water starter and I love it's final form.

Alli
February 8th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I started with Mijumaru in White. :) And I'll get a Pokabu and trade that to White as soon as I can. Then for my actual playthrough of Black, I'll be using Tsutaaja. :) -votes for all three?- lol

Bluerang1
February 9th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Snivy. I love it's look, it resembles me a tad, even my sister said it :D Also, I favour grass type starters to the others, then water, I dislike the fire types. My problem is, I'll be getting the 3rd version, maybe even White after I get Black first. So who will I chose then? I dislike the rest but I guess I can manage Oshawott if I get White. Then perhaps all 3 for the third version? But I dislike Tepig's evo's typing. We'll see when the time comes...

mzmingle
February 9th, 2011, 12:38 PM
well.i know ill use oshawott for white, and if i get black, its snivy for the win.
Dewott <3 rules

Dark knight17
February 9th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I'd have to say Oshawatt I usually would pick the fire type but I dont really like tepig, I mean really its a fire pig.

k0n0k0
February 9th, 2011, 01:24 PM
I will probably choose Snivy. But then I'll get Panpour as gift Pokémon I think... needless to say, I find that Pokémon so ugly.

theowlmanlives
February 9th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I'm probably gonna trade with someone in my area for the snivy after i get oshawatt fully evolved. IM NOT GETTING TEPIG usually i choose the fire evolution but i don't like the look this time around

Haowakeorden
February 9th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I'll end up getting all three by trading, but at least in my first playthroughs of the games I'll be choosing Tepig and Oshawott.

Caelus
February 9th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I would get the water starter, just because its final evolution is pretty awesome. That and I always get the water starter (with the exception of GSC).

Raith775
February 10th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Tepig! he looks cool <'.'>

Gamedudebt
February 10th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I'd choose Snivy, because all three of his evolution forms are pretty cool, and I never chose a grass type pokemon as a starter in the previous games, so i'll start with him.

Pwnyta Jockey
February 11th, 2011, 01:28 AM
A female Tepig. Evolve it once, then keep it that way. Breed fom there.

Will trade for the other two options.

The Fire-Fighting dual typing seems great from what I can tell by my browsing since Japanese release. Having yet to buy/play, seems simple enough to make up for any short comings of Pignite by using zebra/deer/geo2'd.

Black Prince
February 11th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Without hesitation, I'll pick Snivy, because he's smarter and more beautiful than the two others. That's what I think. xD
And all his evolutions are pretty cool.
Also, it will change for me, I rarely took grass type starter.

Porygon Z
February 11th, 2011, 05:16 AM
I'm getting only one game for now, and I'll get Tepig.

ohinvisible
February 11th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I'll choose Snivy, without a doubt. He looks so cool and smug, and his final evolution is beautiful and elegant. I am a sucker for grass Pokemon.

Rai
February 11th, 2011, 12:14 PM
My favorite is Snivy, but I am going to pick Oshawott because I REALLY want to have Deerling/Sawsbuck on my team.

Treble Harble
February 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Oshawott in White. Snivy in black.
But mostly Oshawott because I love Dewott so much!

PiPVoda
February 19th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Water lover, so Oshawott! ;) I'm surprised it's the second most popular. I remember before we found out about their evos and all Oshawott was the least popular (judging by polls). Now it has 33 votes only behind Snivy (which is my second favorite)!

ArcanineArco
February 19th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I am going to choose Oshawott. The last evolution Samurott looks awesome!. I think Tepigs last evolution looks ridiculous but thats just my opinion. Also the Fire/Fighting type combo i have never liked and im suprised that this combo has came into this game for a starter as it has been in the previous 2 gens. Maybe something like Fire/Dark would have been more interesting?. Anyways Snivy looks cool and he would be my second choice but Oshawott is my first choice :)

Thomas
February 19th, 2011, 05:49 PM
For some strange reason, I am ALWAYS drawn to the Water starter. I always like them the best. Wartortle is still one of my favorite Pokemon to date, and so is Totodile. :)

Pkmn Trainer Touko
February 19th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I might use all three starters; or Pokabu since I haven't done a playthrough with it yet, or Tsutarja since it's my favourite of the three.

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 19th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Snivy <3

How could you not choose him?

PiPVoda
February 19th, 2011, 06:09 PM
For some strange reason, I am ALWAYS drawn to the Water starter. I always like them the best. Wartortle is still one of my favorite Pokemon to date, and so is Totodile. :)

I am going to choose Oshawott. The last evolution Samurott looks awesome!. I think Tepigs last evolution looks ridiculous but thats just my opinion. Also the Fire/Fighting type combo i have never liked and im suprised that this combo has came into this game for a starter as it has been in the previous 2 gens. Maybe something like Fire/Dark would have been more interesting?. Anyways Snivy looks cool and he would be my second choice but Oshawott is my first choice :)
Water lovers unite! :laugh:
Though I need to go look up Oshawott's moves and compare its stats. Something I still haven't done. Regardless it's my number one pick by far.

Snivy <3

How could you not choose him?
Because I want Oshawott. I just noticed its name is so cute.

Hawkfire-the-cat
February 19th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Suprisingly, I like ALL of the starters and their final forms, but I prefer Snivy. I'm not going to use it on my good copy of the game though, because its base stats are really poor. Soo....

White-Oshawott
Black-Tepig
Rom-Snivy (already done)

skyluigi2
February 20th, 2011, 09:08 AM
It's close between Tepig and Oshawott, with Oshawott winning. Mostly because I already have a fire type planned for my team, and I hate to double up types.

Zeph.
February 20th, 2011, 01:48 PM
It's got to be Tepig :D

I mean, it's evolved form looks like it could be a Beast Ganon xD

Meganium
February 20th, 2011, 02:40 PM

Changing my mind and answer. I've decided I'll be choosing Oshawott/Mijumaru instead.

PiPVoda
February 20th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Oshawott, victory again! It's becoming more popular day by day, well at least to me.

Chadlington
February 21st, 2011, 08:14 AM
Im going with Snivy, But I plan to try and have an all dark team. Hopefully I can teach it some dark type moves!! It will be sick as!

Sully
February 21st, 2011, 10:15 AM
I'm feeling Oshawatt. I might try one of the others, but right now I'm going with him (:

.Wolfie-kun.
February 21st, 2011, 12:25 PM
Won't ultimately decide till the day I get it, but I'm highly considering Snivy as he reminds me of Treecko, which was my second favourite Hoenn starter.

The fire type starter this time round has really let me down, Charmander, Cyndaquil and Torchic all had awesome looking evolution lines, Chimchar was tolerable to say the least. But this time, I think I'll just collect this one via trade when I'm collecting all 3.

Manila Luzon
February 21st, 2011, 12:43 PM
C-C-C-Combo breaker

I've changed my mind yet again... u_u

I love all 3 starters and had a hard time deciding :c but Tepig is going to be the one for me <3 Look at the little piggeh D;

비스트
February 21st, 2011, 04:09 PM
Oshawott because I've always chosen water types for the starters because
they're a bit difficult to catch

amd
February 21st, 2011, 04:20 PM
I chose the grass type on my brief Japanese playthrough, probably going to choose the fire pig this time. :P

Blaziken15
February 21st, 2011, 04:21 PM
I will pick Snivy for Black and Oshawott for White. I lost intrest in the fire types in Gen IV and V because they are both Fire/Fighting and I feel they are just copying Blaziken. And copying Blaziken is not cool in my book.

VarimathraS
February 21st, 2011, 04:46 PM
I will choose Oshawott, cuz he's 3rd evoulution is epic.

dawn2cool
February 21st, 2011, 05:10 PM
I'll probably end up getting Oshawott, even though Snivy was my original pick back when it first came out. It caught my attention when I saw the anime!

hackerofdarkness
February 21st, 2011, 05:16 PM
Tepig because I just roll like that plus I always have chosen a fire type plus who doesn't like pigs

Gary Oak FTW
February 21st, 2011, 05:19 PM
I really can't pick between oshawott or tepig. It'll probably go down to whoever has the better stats and movepool though.

codylynn94
February 21st, 2011, 05:49 PM
i would pick snivy because theres already to many fire types i want for my team but its stats are to weak for my straight offense method... and the water type is not something i want to look at often. but of course im tired of the fire/fighting dual type so im stuck... im just gonna have to wait and see what i do when i get it... its probly gonna be tepig though

Weavile05
February 21st, 2011, 06:57 PM
I'm pre-ordering white next weekend, and I'm picking Oshawatt. I don't like Tepig. Snivy is too overused.

mysticjoshgaming
February 21st, 2011, 07:10 PM
i shall get all three via trading but my main one will be snivy (white) and oshawott (black) i shall choose tepig once grey comes out.

spike6958
February 21st, 2011, 07:32 PM
Originally I was going to pick Snivy, but after it's final evolution was shown I decided not to (I like the design but I spent too much time thinking it would be a Grass/Dragon type), I then moved onto picking Tepig because I almost always pick the Fire Type, but after seeing Oshawott in the anime I've really started to like the little guy, and so now have no idea who I will pick.

Kendosis
February 21st, 2011, 08:03 PM
Tepig, although I don't really like any of them lol.

Invokez
February 21st, 2011, 08:11 PM
Snivy because IMO the others look stupid :/ Was the same way when I fistr got DPPt too went with the grass starter. Then I grew fond of the chimchar evo line still dislike the piplup evo line. Doubt my views change for this gen though I really dislike the water evo, and Im not to fond of Poke Pigs...

fenyx4
February 21st, 2011, 08:39 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a1/Spr_5b_498.png

Teh Pig for me! I'm not voting yet, as I don't know whether I will proceed with only Tepig or obtain the other starter Pokemon as well, as I have done in past games. Trading for all three kind of goes against the whole point of starter selection... But if I start only with Tepig, I will likely be unable to perform efficient "Nature/IV-hunting" that early in the game, and in the past I had pre-arranged my starters to be a specific Nature....

Ugh, I'll sort out this mess after training in Platinum and HeartGold...eventually. In any case, Emboar and me will be razing anyone who stands in our way with incinerating flames of utter fury!

Barn
February 21st, 2011, 08:45 PM
Snivy. I like all 3 starters, I just dislike their evolutions. If Serperior had arms and legs I'd like it more, but eh, Snivy's my pick.

IcyIce
February 21st, 2011, 09:00 PM
Not sure,I was going to go with Tepig,but I do not know now. I like all 3 starters so I might just get all 3. Though I do not really like Tepig's last evo.

Flopsy
February 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
I'm torn at the moment between Snivy and Oshwatt. Leaning twords Snivy- I love him so much... and it would be nice to start with another Grass type like I did in Red. I adore Oshwatt and its finale form too though, so its a tough call!

Dudypokefan89
February 22nd, 2011, 03:47 PM
I am determined to get Tepig! its so cute! i have been a recent Fire starter fan due to my HG "Cyndareep" combo going better than i thought, so i am pretty much made my mind up.

Nameless.
February 22nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
I'm going to probably end up transferring my level 50 shiny Snivy from my Japanese White version. I mean, he's a shiny Pokemon and he's my buddy, so why not? I know he won't listen to me for a while, but that's alright. I can always catch other Pokemon to use until the time comes where I can use him. :3

Though, what I am going to pick is an Oshawott. I will use that little otter too alongside my team.
I think I might try soft resetting for a shiny one, but if I get a Dewott at all I am a happy camper. <3

Lambda
February 22nd, 2011, 04:09 PM
I think im will choose snivy or Oshawott. I usually pick water but this Gen i might give grass a chance.

vaporeon7
February 22nd, 2011, 11:41 PM
I'll go with Oshawott. I just adore Ash's. If I get both games I'll get Snivy in the other. I don't like Tepig's evolutions.

Syvelocin
February 23rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Totally going for Snivy. It's an issue of looks. I can't deal with a powerful pokemon that's visually unappealing. Snivy looks great all three evolutions. IMO, Tepig's basic form is the only cute one, and Oshawott's last one bugs me.

shubshub
February 23rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
well at the moment im playing black and white (english translation patch)
and Im trying out the 3 starters first so i can pick more easily on the official english one when i get it Pokabu (tepig) got me through pokemon white in about a week
im still trying Tsutarja (Snivy) on Black Im up to Huin City
i think i will go with tepig though

Roughsponge
February 23rd, 2011, 03:41 PM
Oshawott! I always go with the water type the first time round :)

Stormer
February 23rd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Oshawott is my choice, I might get a snivy later via trading.

1Roxas
February 23rd, 2011, 06:46 PM
I'm stuck between Snivy and Oshawott,
normally I would choose the fire type,
but Tepig doesn't really appeal to me.

インフェルノの津波
February 23rd, 2011, 07:06 PM
Back in 2010, I would've said Tsutarja, or Snivy now. But after playing the game for a few hours, it's undeniable that Snivy, and it's line, does not fit my needs. In fact, it fainted so many times I said "Screw this" and put it in my PC for good.

After that fiasco, I tried Tepig/Pokabu. Different problem, same solution. It was too slow, it was a disaster. First of all, against the Water-type, Tepig could barely hold a candle. It could barely survive any sort of attack that was super effective, even when it evolved, it just gained more weaknesses so I put it in my PC. There's something wrong when you loss to Burgh/Arti and you had the advantage.

So there was Oshawott/Mijumaru. To be honest, I hated it. I thought it's design was terrible. But it was the only I had yet to try, so I used it. It satisfied my taste, to say the least. Even against the Grass-type, it proved to be a worthy fighter. It didn't faint easily, without giving a fight, and it was a mixed sweeper. So, in the end I made it to the end with Daikenki.

If you couldn't have bothered to read that all, I'm picking Oshawott. The game designers obviously did not know what they were doing this time around, in my honest opinion. Which is why Sinnoh had the best starters, compared to this one.

Michela92
February 23rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
I usually always pick the fire type. I am a fire Pokemon trainer I love fire types but this time I am going to choose Snivy. Snivy appeals to me the most.

Choco09
February 23rd, 2011, 07:29 PM
ALL of them!! (via trading)
It makes me easy to finish the game hehe:laugh:

iNfEcTeD_mUsHrOoM420
February 24th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Snivy, oshowats 3rd evolved form looks pretty tight, so it was a tough decision..

Captain Hobo.
February 26th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I am going to pick Snivy because I always pick grass types. They look so cool and I love there moves. They are also friendly and loyal:D

レイジングブラスト
February 26th, 2011, 07:32 AM
After seeing Oshawott in the anime my view on it changed completely so instead of picking Snivy like I originally intended, I'll be getting myself an Oshawott. I also took a look at Samurotts stats and they make Serperior look inferior.

Don Daddio
February 26th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Tepig! i just like the look of him lol

ManhattanTheStarr
February 26th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Interesting. Ever since Oshawott's final evolution was shown, Tepig's popularity has plummeted. xD I remember when people hated Oshawott 'cuz it was so "ugly". :P

arcanine11
February 26th, 2011, 08:31 AM
DUDE! OSHAWOTT PWNS NO MATTER WHAT
btw I like calling it Mijumaru.
Daikenki is So DABOMB. And i agree, daikenki does make serperior look inferior!

SonicTH
February 26th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Snivy...This Pokemon has become one of my favorite=) Oshawott in second place,but he's cute too)

celebi72
February 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Why doesnt anyone like Tepig? is it because its name sucks real bad? i've already played through all the starters. Osshawott's last ev is the best long run, but for battle's tepig's last evo IS A BEAST. SO TEPIG FTW

Rathalos
February 26th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Usually go for fire/water type, but snivy actually appeals to me so it's got to be smugleaf ;D

King Gumball
February 26th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I haven't posted here yet! I will pick Snivy because Serperior is just... a beats <33 I ove Serperior ever since I saw it, and it's speed is amazing. It's design is incredible, and I really want to see it in the Anime already >.<

I like all the other starters too. Oshawott and Tepig are adorable and I would love the Tepig line even more if it's final evolution was Fire/Dark.

Gothika
February 26th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Definitely going with Snivy.
I almost always pick the grass starter and Serperior fits perfectly with my battling style - not to mention they're beautiful. Gotta love the smugness.

TheFattestSnorlax
February 26th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I'm going to go with Tepig. His evolutions just rock.

Draknir
February 26th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I've used all three of them, so I don't know exactly which ones. Really, because each has its advantages, it is extremely hard to choose. I'm definitely going with Oshawott in Black, since I've gone with Snivy and Tepig in my Japanese one. Don't really know about White. Probably Tepig, since I got a Snivy off the GTS and used it in my Japanese version of it.

Of course, if I choose to, I can have all three in both games. :P

SilverCrown
February 26th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Normally I'd go for the grass starter, but this time I will be going with Tepig. He's just that awesome! :]

Lucario1234
February 26th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I am definitely going with Oshawott. The only reason why is because I prefer water starters over the others.

G-Virus
February 26th, 2011, 05:24 PM
I'm going to picky Snivy. I usually pick fire starters, but I don't really like Tepig's final evo. Oshawott is ok, but I already made up my mind on Snivy.

Imperator161
February 26th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I'll get all of them early on in the game via trading, but as for the ones that will be my "official" starters, I plan on using Oshawatt for my main game (whichever one that is) and Snivy for my other game. I've gone with the water starter on my main game in every generation, and I don't plan on breaking that tradition, plus, I just like the look of Oshawatt and its evolutions a lot. Snivy is my second-favorite starter (I really don't like the look of Tepig's final form), so that's who I'm going with for my second game.

GardevoirNess
February 26th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Oshawott the cute little otter face C:

Buttetsu Batou
February 26th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I think I'm gonna release my starter as soon as I catch a Zuruzuggu

twistedpuppy
February 26th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I'll start out with Oshawott Mijumaru & get Snivy later through trading.

CptSwaggerPants
February 26th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Snivy deffinetely, since him and Serperior are by far the best new Pokemon. Snakes are so amazing!

PiPVoda
February 27th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Interesting. Ever since Oshawott's final evolution was shown, Tepig's popularity has plummeted. xD I remember when people hated Oshawott 'cuz it was so "ugly". :P
I know, tell me about it. I love Oshawott in the anime too. Now hopefully Ash actually evolves it. Judging from Oshawott's character in the anime I'm sure he will.

Why doesnt anyone like Tepig? is it because its name sucks real bad? i've already played through all the starters. Osshawott's last ev is the best long run, but for battle's tepig's last evo IS A BEAST. SO TEPIG FTW
Tepig just doesn't really appeal to me, but I'd definitely take Tepig over last gen chimchar.

Talli
February 27th, 2011, 06:12 AM
I am torn beween Snivy and tepig at the minute. I'd probably go with tepig

sqwat500
February 27th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Im stuck between pokabu and oshawott, but I think ill go with oshawott. This is my first time with a water starter

Derezzed
February 27th, 2011, 06:43 AM
I am torn beween Snivy and tepig at the minute. I'd probably go with tepig

You should definitely go with Tepig, the best starter of the lot by far!

~Electrivire~
February 27th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I have a tradition to follow. I always start with the grass type pokemon. Snivy looks adorable too :P

Kevin
February 27th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Either Snivy or Oshawott, one of those two. Most likely Oshawott for Black and Snivy for White.

Innervision
February 27th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Taking Oshawott, as starter he's adorable and his evolutions just kick ass.

theowlmanlives
February 27th, 2011, 08:51 AM
oshawatt or tepig, snivy just doesn't seem wright to me.....

Adam.
February 27th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I'll be picking Oshawott; it's just really adorable!
Also, I'm suprised that Oshawott has more votes that Tepig -I thought people loved the generic Fire-type stuff of being strong and stuff? :l

PiPVoda
February 27th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Either Snivy or Oshawott, one of those two. Most likely Oshawott for Black and Snivy for White.
ditto, I'll be doing that too.

unique sound
February 27th, 2011, 09:15 AM
i have always gone with grass type except for mudkip....snivy ftw :D

TTC
February 27th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I suppose Oshawott, simply because his final form seems to look the coolest. Once the competitive play really kicks up I don't imagine any of them will be getting used.

Dillon_68
February 27th, 2011, 01:47 PM
7 days until I get my Oshawott, Conch! I have had my mind set on the same starter since they were released, it was no debating.

HinaBaby
February 27th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I picked Tsutarja/Snivy, it's one of my early favourites when the starters were revealed.

conesorcups
February 27th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I'll probably choose oshawott :) Water-type pokes are one of my favorites. However, I kind of want to choose Snivy so I can improve on training grass pokes. Despite who my starter pokemon is, i'll definitely trade for them all through trading.

Rokusasu
February 28th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Undecided yet, though I'll be helping my friend get all three of the starters and hopefully choose a favourite from there. ^.^

travisjb90
February 28th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I am picking Tepig. It is my favorite of the starters and it is really cool. I can't wait to have my own Emboar. I am going to name it Blaze. I am choosing it because I want this adventure to be like when I choose Charmander back in Pokemon Red.

My brother is going to be choosing Tepig, because that is his favorite too. Our Tepigs are going to be rivals.

Heart Gold
February 28th, 2011, 12:31 PM
None of these starters are very good sadly, their stats and movepools just aren't that great to me.

I'll probably pick the one I like and box it.

Amore
February 28th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Oshawott.

Whilst all final forms apart from Tepig's evolution need to grow on me yet, I prefer the otter. Tepig has identical typing to the last two fire-type starters, which ruins it a little. I dislike snakes too, and prefer offensive pokémon.

Also, it's the most useful, and I doubt I'll manage to get that cool water turtle in time.

zacnoa345
February 28th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I will probably have to go with The trading to get all of them option but, If I had to choose one, it would be snivy.

bwburke94
February 28th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Snivy on Black and Tepig on White. I'll use the GTS for Oshawott later.

Fire-Red
March 1st, 2011, 12:15 AM
I like all three starters this time but I will be picking Tepig, I always start witg the fire pokemon.

soϲks
March 1st, 2011, 12:18 AM
I picked Snivy a long time ago and I'm sticking to it, though I still don't like the fact that Serperior is just a slight edit from Rhyperior. :/

MrGriszell
March 1st, 2011, 12:18 AM
ill be picking mijumaru . i didnt really like until i saw it on best wishes , pluse with moves like dig and xscizzor it can be effective against its weaknesses

TehPsychicTypeMaster
March 1st, 2011, 04:07 AM
I'll be picking Snivy :3. It's just so adorable, like Oshawott. But Snivy has the best evolution designs of all three starters. But so far for Black, I'm picking Snivy and when the 3rd game comes out, I'll pick Oshawott.

Sagiri
March 1st, 2011, 04:46 AM
No contest. My main game, White, will get Oshawott. Black will get Tepig.

I'm really conflicted about the third game, as I don't like to use two of the same Pokemon on different teams simultaneously, and I hate Snivy and its family. So, I don't know what I'll do. Maybe, for the first time ever, I'll drop my starter?

Yukimi
March 1st, 2011, 06:17 AM
I've been enamored with Snivy's line since I first saw them.

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/serperior.jpg

Cyb3r0t4ku
March 1st, 2011, 06:21 AM
I chose Mijumaru/Oshawott in my Japanese version - of the three starters the final form is sweet. Tepig was disappointing - a hardcore Warthog or something would have been awesome for final form!

TheGoddessOfDiscord
March 1st, 2011, 06:29 AM
I'll choose Tepig. I like his appearance and power he gets upon evolving.
Oshawott... He's TOO cute, like it makes him ugly.
Snivy. Last form packs Defense and Speed which is propably the worst combination there is... There isn't much you can do with him.

PPB_All-Stars
March 1st, 2011, 05:45 PM
I have told my since from the moment the starters were revealed that I would be taking a pokabu and naming it Bacon

gregory_turner420
March 1st, 2011, 05:56 PM
snivy, his stats scream bad for people, but i see amazing potential in them

dithyrambos
March 1st, 2011, 06:10 PM
I'm going for Oshawott in Pokemon White and Snivy in Pokemon Black. I've always preferred the Water- and Grass-type designs. :B I do really like Emboar, tho. I like the Korean-inspired motif across his belly. :3

eta: or rather, Chinese...

flinjager123
March 1st, 2011, 06:14 PM
I loathe the looks but Emboar is totally broken compaired to the other starters. He's fast and powerful in both attack and sa.

Serperior
March 1st, 2011, 06:22 PM
I'll get Snivy for obvious reasons.

Elise
March 1st, 2011, 09:16 PM
I've always liked trading in all the starters :3 it makes me happy to raise them all..

But if I had to choose one I'd probably go for Oshawott (sp? :\)

lamby101
March 2nd, 2011, 02:25 PM
I've pre-ordered the game and should be getting it on Friday but up until this point I still don't know who I'm going to pick! :/

It's between Snivy and Oshawott. My reasons being first that I just kind of like the look of Snivy, but when it comes to the starters I kind of have a loyalty to water pokemon because my first ever pokemon was Squirtle :')

I would like to have a playthrough where I'm forced to use all three and then have three spaces for other pokemon but to be honest I'm pretty sure I'm just going to end up picking Oshawott, the final evolution does look pretty awesome after all :)

chrismsx
March 2nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
I am a fire pokemon loyalist... but I really don't like Tepig or the Oswalt, so I'm getting Snivy and naming him Smugleaf. I feel like a traitor and honestly I'm not all that big into grass pokemon except maybe Roserade but I'm going to do something different this game and see how it goes.

WolfAlchemist
March 2nd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Snivy for White & Oshawott for Black. Although I'm a big fan of fire Pokemon, Tepig honestly doesn't appeal to me. To make matters worse, it becomes a fire/fightning type...again. Snivy's final evolution looks pretty cool along with Oshawott's.

Blue
March 2nd, 2011, 03:19 PM
Honestly, torn between 3 of them, and I'm getting the game on Friday still undecided, going more to Tepig but then maybe Oshawott or Snivy!

chrismsx
March 2nd, 2011, 03:27 PM
I just decided that I'll get all 3 but I'll just get all 3 inevitable games.. we all know there's going to be a Pokemon Gray.

Nateon
March 2nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
I started off with Oshawott and, now fully evolved at level 66, he's proved his worth and think he's a fantastic starter. I also had a female Snivy traded to me and taught it attract, she's now a level 61 Janovy (can't remember english name) and i don't plan to evolve her, she does pretty well on her own. I'm gonna start with Snivy when i get english white and train it all the way and evolve it, think she's the best starter, then followed by Oshawott =] Tepig i would start but i hate the evolved forms of it so i decided to pass =/

TheMysteryEgg
March 2nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
I just started a game tradition. So I get my starter and then trade another pokemon away for the Volt Tackle Pichu I bred. Then I will have a almost carbon copy of Ash's Pikachu and Snivy or Tepig. I might get Tepig because the polls look like Snivy is quite popular so if lots of people get Snivy, I'll get Tepig and destroy them all.

DuskBlader
March 2nd, 2011, 04:11 PM
I always pick the water starter, so I'm not changing that now!

Tox
March 2nd, 2011, 04:30 PM
I've decided to go with Oshawott. I prefer Snivy and its evolutions overall but I chose Turtwig in my last game and I never really had a water-type as my main starter through a playthrough. Anyway, I think Dewott looks awesome so I won't really mind. I'm not too big on the third stage so I don't think I'll be evolving it fully.

Speed
March 2nd, 2011, 05:15 PM
Snivy for White, and Oshawott for Black. Or I'll switch them, I'm not sure yet.

Lithia
March 3rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
I chose Snivy as I rarely pick a grass starter and so I figured it's time for a change.
Also he's cute as hell :D
But I will get all of them later via trading, obviously.

Kendosis
March 3rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Going for a shiny tepig, I'm at 372 SR's so for.

nokyo-chan
March 3rd, 2011, 10:10 AM
I'm totally going with Snivy. Something about the shape of his head is just...awesome.

tajio
March 3rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
I've already picked Tepig although I'm not fond of pigs >=[ , it's tradition for me to choose fire starters in all pokemon games :).

pokewalker
March 3rd, 2011, 10:12 AM
I've picked Snivy. Called it Sniffy <3

mewichooseyou
March 3rd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Don't know if I should branch out from grass but right now Snivy is my pick. :)

countduckula
March 3rd, 2011, 05:41 PM
Well after a lot of deliberation I have decided to go for Snivy. When the starters were first revealed I instantly knew that was the one I wanted, of course since then I have found out that its stats and move pool aren't great, but it will do until I can trade over my team from HG.

maxjazzie18
March 3rd, 2011, 05:55 PM
Definitely Tepig. Looks legit, has great stats, and has a ridiculously good moveset.

Flare Blitz
Head Smash
Earthquake
Superpower
Wild Charge

Any combo of 4 of those moves = win

Zayin
March 3rd, 2011, 06:03 PM
I'll take Snivy which is exceptional for me because I never picked the grass Pokemon as a starter. I always felt that grass Pokemon were weaker even though they're not :P. Snivy is the only starter from BW of which I like the design. I found Oshawott and Tepig really ugly, even though Oshawott's personality in the anime changed my mind a bit...

fenyx4
March 3rd, 2011, 06:18 PM
I'm starting with Tepig, but at some point I'll be trading to obtain Wotter and Snivy as well. I still don't know exactly what point the other 2 starters will be entering my copy of Black/Gray... However, I'm slightly sad because the Tepig I'll be using will be from the Dream World (with the ability Reckless), so it won't actually be the Tepig I start out with in-game. :( Why couldn't Game Freak make it so that the Tepig I start out with has a 50% chance of having Blaze and a 50% chance of having Reckless, like all those other percentage-dependent abilities..?

Quite awesome that Tepig can learn Superpower via breeding. I might breed using a Dream World Emboar with Reckless, or I might just opt for Superpower via level-up. :\

I'll take Snivy which is exceptional for me because I never picked the grass Pokemon as a starter. I always felt that [S-HIGHLIGHT]grass Pokemon were weaker even though they're not [/S-HIGHLIGHT]:P.

Yes they are! Type-wise, at least. Naturally weak to five types defensively (six for Sawsbucks), and hits for not-very-effective damage on SEVEN types, my GOSH. It's a miracle (-Seed) that Grass-types are even usable these days.

TheMarkCrafter
March 4th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Of course, Snivy like others!

Zvezda
March 4th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I will be picking Snivy on Black and Oshawott on Grey. :)

Superjub
March 4th, 2011, 09:49 AM
This has got to be one of the hardest decisions I will ever make (in terms of starter Pokemon, anyway. ;D) Tepig looks the best, but Samurott looks amazing. :O I prefer it to Emboar. But I wantb the Jellyfish because it's amazing, and I don't really want two water Pokemon. D:

silvanarrow
March 4th, 2011, 10:01 AM
For some reason, 5th gen has a knack for forcing us to make really tough decisions. It was a close race, but I'm going to go with Snivy. I normally don't use a lot of grass Pokemon, but I adore snakes and just couldn't pass it up. Oshawott is a close second, and I may use him in the third game or just trade with a friend to get him. Plus, I'm interested in playing to the Snivy line's unique stat spread and using different strategies than just straight-up power for once.

iSoul
March 4th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I want Tepig, which is weird because I always pick the water type Pokemon. Maybe after I get Black, I will get White and get Oshuwatt (If that is even how you spell it).

Beloved
March 4th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I will be using Tepig. The reason is because he has the best movepool for Physical Attacks, and Emboar is a dual type, the only one of the new 3 starters. And, it has the same types as Blaziken from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, which was a Pokemon I really enjoyed using.

My second would be Oshawatt, because it has the second best movepool, albeit a bit weaker than Tepig, since most of the Water-type moves it learns are Physical Attacks, not Special Attacks.

My last pick is Snivy. I love snakes, and when I saw Snivy, I thought he would be the best. Then I saw, as with all other Grass-type Starters, that he is a Defensive type. He also has the most restricted movepool out of all 3. Now, if they gave him Contrary as his basic ability, then I'd pick him first.

Team_SJK
March 4th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Snivy for the win. It's high time I chose something other than fire types for a change.

Toshiro.
March 4th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Snivy is my choice. I love it's cool attitude xD

EagleVision1999
March 4th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I chose Snivy! Works fine for me so far. But it was a tough decision between it and Oshawott

Giraffe
March 4th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I got Black today & chose Oshawott - It's just too adorable!
Plus I love it's Character in the Anime.

Kendosis
March 4th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Just got my shiny tepig after 2,091 SR's. Now I can finally play the game lol.

LouBeatYou
March 4th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Originally I wanted Oshawott, but I decided there were much better water pokemon, and so I picked Snivy, I love the design, and I think he can run a somewhat effective SubSeed :)

Tsundera
March 4th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I'm going to pick Oshawott because it looks like a cute little snowman!

Roughsponge
March 4th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Originally I wanted Oshawott, but I decided there were much better water pokemon, and so I picked Snivy, I love the design, and I think he can run a somewhat effective SubSeed :)

Same! I was so sure I was going to pick Oshawott, but now I'm considering Snivy.. I just can't choose, they are both awesome! :P

xGengar
March 4th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Snivy as i don't like the look of the other two starters, as seen as the game is very much going back to the beginning i chose it because on my first Pokemon game which was blue i chose Bulbasaur!

DarkVhozon
March 4th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Oshawott, I'm tired of the Fire-Fighting Starters and Snivy isnt anything special if u ask me, but I would take it over Tepig. Plus Oshawott's final evo learns Swords Dance, ma favorite move.

Heart Gold
March 5th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Uggh! I can't decide.

All I know is I'm not getting Emboar... he doesn't have enough competitive value for post-game.

Serperior or Samurott... are any of those good for competitive play? (Without DW abilities.)

I like to use my starter post game for some online battles and friend battles.

Corvus of the Black Night
March 5th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Snivy, it's final evos are so awesome. :D Although I still like Oshowott's evos too...

spike6958
March 5th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I ended up going with Tepig, because the Mrs picked Oshawott, and most of my friends where picking either Oshawott or Snivy.

Metagrossmaster06
March 5th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Tepig first then I'll get the other two by trading.

MoonPoke
March 5th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I would definitely pick Tepig. I always start with a fire pokemon as a starter.

Bleak
March 5th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Snivy for me. My sister hasn't made up her mind on Oshawott or Tepig yet, so I'm just going to go with the one she definitely doesn't want.

Heart Gold
March 5th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Ok, I have decided that:

Samurott, while awesome, is outclassed by a ton of other better water types.
Emboar, awesome too, is too frail and slow for me.
Serperior has potential, even though it has a bad rep without perversity. Calm Mind :)

I'll probably go with Snivy.

Xatumi
March 6th, 2011, 06:21 AM
definitely Oshowatt, and the other two via trading.

Probably will re-breed them to get perfect natured starters and what not

lynds
March 6th, 2011, 06:51 AM
I picked Snivy. Simply because I prefer Grass starters.

Bluerang1
March 6th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Unpopular Oshawott is now popular! Who would have thought. I'll be choosing it for the third version, Ash's Oshawott made me like the Pokemon even more.

I've probably said this like 2 on here but I'll be choosing Snivy. I decided to fully evolve it and my Frillish, unevolved Pokemon won't survive the Battle Subway. I hate Snivy's family's learn-set though, oh woe is me. I'll just use her as a wall, my useful Leavi =3

Dillon_68
March 6th, 2011, 07:05 AM
1 more long hour until I get my Oshawott. Does anyone know if you can check natures during the first battle or if you have to beat both rivals before you can check?

Naut
March 6th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Went with Snivy, hadn't gone with a grass starter in ages so I thought why not :D

Noah Ridgewood
March 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I picked my favorite; Oshawott.

PiPVoda
March 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Chose Oshawott as planned, he has an adamant nature.

Mew~
March 6th, 2011, 09:29 AM
For "Pokémon Black Version" I picked Snivy, and for "Pokémon White Version" I picked Tepig.

Blake3one6
March 6th, 2011, 09:34 AM
i don't know what to pick! lol

Heart Gold
March 6th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I chose Snivy, Serperior is the only one that isn't outclassed. I wish Samurott was better.

Trying to decide between Jolly or Timid Snivy, hmm...

Lor
March 6th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Oshawott ALL the way! ayay!

Eeohnex
March 6th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Pretty simple for me, for Pokémon White I picked; Tepig and planning on choosing Snivy for Pokémon Black.

musesum626
March 6th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I picked....Mijumaru (I'm NOT calling it by that other name) and will name him Wotter as soon as I can :)

Poor Pokabu never gets any love I guess.

Dillon_68
March 6th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I picked Oshawott, Jolly Nature. Named it "Conch". It's now a Dewott. =D

miakalina
March 6th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Mijumaru/Oshawott. I named him Titus. :D On Black I'll pick Snivy. ^-^

Eli
March 6th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Tepig because I always pick the fire type.

Eric.
March 6th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I chose Oshawott, because his final evolution does not look like crap. I find the starters underwhelming in their design.

Air Pichu
March 6th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I picked Oshawott but I was definitely going to consider Tepig too. I ike Oshawott's future eolutions but Tepig's evos I don't really like.

Kwajah
March 6th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I chose Snivy. Because I thought Oshawott and Tepig (and their evolutions) looked too cute.. Thats cool also ! Don't say that it's a bad thing ! But i allways cary my starter with me. And then I prefer a tough looking Pokemon, like Snivy !

Sorry if my English isn't great!

Kyoko
March 6th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I chose oshawott.

I was originally going to get snivy, but I've always gotten grass starters since red version till now. I thought it was about time I changed it up and I really dislike tepig. So oshawott it is.

and I named it OshyWoshy <3 that way it'll always be my baby starter even when it evolves into its bamf final evolution :)

fenyx4
March 6th, 2011, 03:32 PM
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Unpopular Oshawott is now popular![/S-HIGHLIGHT] Who would have thought. I'll be choosing it for the third version, Ash's Oshawott made me like the Pokemon even more.

LOL..yeah..I'm still picking Tepig, but the Pokemon anime made Ash's Wotter look disturbingly cute and BA at the same time. I think that gave it a major push for starting pick in the games; I'm still a bit surprised that Tepig is quite behind Wotter and Snivy. Also, Wotter's Woobie status (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWoobie) was enhanced with this heartwarming picture on DeviantArt (http://cezaria.deviantart.com/art/Same-Colours-165804805), so that improved its status as well, IMO.

I picked....Mijumaru (I'm NOT calling it by that other name) and will name him Wotter as soon as I can :)

Poor Pokabu never gets any love I guess.

Agreed with the parts on Wotter and Tepig.

and I named it OshyWoshy <3

LOL...that's part of the reason I dislike the name Oshawott...a bit too cutesy/strange. >.<

ソラ
March 6th, 2011, 03:38 PM
For My Japanese Black I picked Pokabu (Tepig)
For My English White I picked Oshawott(Mijumaru) :3

adhdguitar
March 6th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Tepig, but only because I already had the other two in the Japanese game I imported back in October. =P

I named the Tepig, "Teh Pig" for the lulz...

GreenLanturn
March 6th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I hated Oshawott up intill i was tempted to pick him on wednsday, and he turned out to really grow on me.