View Full Version : B/W: Those major, tiny features

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 6th, 2011, 5:15 AM
For those who've noticed the small features, of which Black and White seem to be chock with. They're possibly minor, maybe hidden, but they're there, and you could probably find them genuinely useful, too.

I'm sure a lot of you know about the guaranteed wild captures. People thought it was a "sweet spot" in making a well-timed press, but now people say that it's random. It's an odd feature, given that it's no different to the ball rocking three times and then locking. Is it really an uncommon feature? I went through three wild battles in a row, in the same hour, where the ball simply locked up the second the Pokémon entered the ball.

Here's a few minor cosmetic ones - a battery meter for the DSi (awesome), a persistent clock, and… A SAVE PROGRESS BAR. Impatience just got a whole lot easier.

What small but really big things have you noticed in the game?

Tropical Sunlight
February 6th, 2011, 5:24 AM
The display of the current weather in-battle is nice, and that the Day-Care man calls you loudly when the egg is made :D

February 6th, 2011, 5:52 AM
I don't know if it's the fact that I haven't gotten further enough to where the pokedex is updated or something but I noticed that the height and weight comparison isn't there. I always liked comparing how big the pokemon was to the trainer since it helped imagine the pokemon's actual size. Is it me or is it just not there in this game?

February 6th, 2011, 7:49 AM
The feature that previews the next route
The small things in life can make a person happy :D

February 6th, 2011, 8:08 AM
Some Are Very Useful And I Agree

February 6th, 2011, 8:16 AM
I've read on Siliconera that not all trainers are "aggressive".
i.e. Some trainers will not challenge you to a battle for simply walking in their line of sight.

February 6th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Guaranteed wild captures? I hadn't heard of this, but I've had it happen a few times. The first was when I'd missed on the first try after it rocked three times. Then it worked without rocking at all. I thought that maybe they'd changed the rules for capture and that since I'd already gotten three rocks those were somehow taken into account on my next try. In any case, it was a fun surprise.

February 6th, 2011, 4:54 PM
The guaranteed wild captures are very helpful because they're useful especially when you're up against a legendary Pokemon, though the odds are still low.