• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sing your heart out

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So I was sitting here singing and thought this would be a good OVP topic.

Do you enjoy singing? If so, why do you sing? Do you think you sound good? Would you consider trying out for something like American Idol, Britain's Got Talent, etc?

Do you enjoy singing?
I enjoy it very much, actually. I sing all the time, but I'm a bit shy about it if people are around. I'm working on that though. I'd like to be heard.

If so, why do you sing?
I just sing because I like it, and I want to improve.

Do you think you sound good?
I sound fantastic at this very moment, actually. I don't think I've ever sounded better. But yeah, typically I think I sound good. Except in the morning. I can't sing well in the morning. XD;

Would you consider trying out for something like American Idol, Britain's Got Talent, etc?
I am actually considering American Idol. But...to be honest, I just want to do it to prove to myself I can do something bold. But hey, if I add to Alabama's Idol count, then that'll be nice too!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Do you enjoy singing?
I love to sing. It keeps me away from my boredom, and it's a perfect alternative for getting my feelings out.

If so, why do you sing?
I sing to improve, pretty much.

Ehh, that depends on what the person thinks. xD

Would you consider trying out for something like American Idol, Britain's Got Talent, etc?
No thank you. I think I'll pass. xD

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Do you enjoy singing?
Heck yeah, Whenever I'm at home I'm usually on the Piano or Guitar. Love to sing when I play especially :D

If so, why do you sing?
I enjoy it soo much I guess. I'm always singing... It makes me happy

My mom says I sound a mix of both JB and Cody Simpson and such but I personally don't think I'm that good. I mean I can sing in tune and all but not to that extend. (She's my mom she's suppose to say stuff like that XD)

For lulz maybe ... be that one person who does Pokemon Rap? No lol jk wouldn't really go to that extent

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I hated singing when I was in elementary school because I thought I'd sound bad. I got over that in 6th grade when I sang the Pokemon theme song. I like singing to an extent because it just gives me something to do when I'm bored. I don't think I'm good enough for things like American Idol though.

Ayselipera

I must since I find myself singing all the time.

If so, why do you sing?
I'm not really sure. I'm always listening to music so it's just natural of me to sing with it or if a song is stuck in my head I might sing it. This is never in front of anyone though, unless it's my little brother then I don't care. c:

I can only sing okay if I'm singing a very soft song or just softly humming. Overall though I'm a horrible singer. This is why I don't sing in front of others. :D

Never. If I could sing sure, but I can't so I rather not embarrass myself.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Do you enjoy singing?
Yeah, but I don't really "sing", it's more like humming.

If so, why do you sing hum?
I hum because I'm a musical person and I often come up with tunes out of the blue, and its easier to remember tunes if I hum them in real life so I can actually do something with them.

No because humming sucks. People like my original music that originates from it though.

Not for singing obviously, for playing an instrument though, yeah. I like doing instrumental stuff. Screw American Idol though lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I lip sync dramatically. Just to let you know...

My lip syncing and singing are always full of excitement. Most of the songs I sing, I'm not in the right pitch, so it doesn't sound very good, but usually singing songs gives me so much energy and I "dance" and run around the house and scream out windows. Most people get a lot of secondhand embarrassment for me when I do that, tbh. But I really can't control myself. I lose myself in the music, especially if it's upbeat and inspiring. Doing it now actually.

I wouldn't consider going on anything related to reality TV singing competitions, but I am in the process of writing a song. It's pretty wicked tbh.

Years
I like to sing along with music. I don't just randomly start singing when it's quiet, but yeah, if I'm alone and busy doing something, or if I'm in the car, I'll sing along with my favorite songs. I think it's strangely fun, as long as no one can really hear me! My sister thinks I have a nice voice, but in my opinion it's average at best.

I never, ever want to try out for any sort of singing competition. I'd probably be the person they mock at tryouts. :p

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Ooo my turn <:

Do you enjoy Singing
I absolutely love singing <33 Tis' mah life <3

If so, why do you sing?
I just do :'3 Those songs are just to catchy <3

I've been told by numerous people, I'm a regular performer in our school shows so yeah :') I'm pretty much belting out the songs.

Would consider trying out for something like American Idol, BGT, Etc?
Never, my confidence is to low :( Granted I sing in front of my friends and random parents and teachers, but thats as far as it go's :/ Maybe if I had a huge confidence booster then yeah :3

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Do you enjoy singing?
Yeah. I usually sing when nobody's around or when I'm doing homework. :3

If so, why do you sing?
I feel like it, and if I'm kinda depressed, I feel a little better.

In my own ears I think I sound fine when singing quietly. But everyone else would disagree...

Nope, and even if I could sing pretty well, nope. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Do you enjoy singing?
As long as it's not in front of people (other than my sister), then why not. c:

If so, why do you sing?
Because it's fun to do when no one is around.

Nope! :D I'm horrible at singing, which is why I never do it in public unless I'm messing around with a few friends.

Hahahahahahahahaha... no.

Years
Me singing is a weird thing, I'm so horrible at it that I don't even want to hear it myself, unless I do loud whisper singing (not sure if such an expression exists, but that's what I'd call it), in which case I find my voice awesome, and I actually hit notes.
I still only do it when I'm convinced that I'm alone, it's just too awkward otherwise.

And no, I wouldn't go to the idiocy that these talent shows are, even if I had sufficient singing skills. Just... no.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Do you enjoy singing?
No... If I must I would, but I don't like singing.

I sound... decent, I'm guessing. I remember in elementary school my music teacher said I was good, but...

No way. If I barely sing I would never try out for those stuff.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
Do you enjoy singing?
Oh yes. I do it all the time. My friends say having me around is like living in a musical. xD

If so, why do you sing?
Because it's fun, of course.

Absolutely not. Especially when I try to hit high notes, or that time I tried to rap. :P

Nope. I hate stages, they make me nervous. If I'm just walking around a crowded hallway or something I'm fine with public singing, but not when people are actually there to watch me.
Also, I'm terrible at singing, so if I did go on a show it'd probably just to see how bad they'd think I was. xD

Capris

Banned
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
When I'm home alone I'll make up my own songs about whatever I'm doing, lol. It's probably unhealthy. D:

Years
Do you enjoy singing?
Sometimes.

If so, why do you sing?
Catchy song, usually. Or annoying the crap out of my brother in the car while I'm driving. ^_^

No. NOT AT ALL. I SOUND HORRIBLE WHEN SINGING. Which is why I only sing in the car, or in private where I'm confident no one else can hear me.

Yeah.... how about no. NO WAY, NO HOW. I have horrendous stage-fright.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
Do you enjoy singing ?
I do, and a lot ! Though I am a bit shy xD

If so, why do you sing ?
Because I feel calm when I do, or simply because I like the song and can't help but sing along with it. And because I love music. xDD

Do you think you sound good ?
I think so, but I might be wrong.

Would you consider trying out for something like American Idol, Britain's got a talent, etc ?
Nevah. I am too shy for that. xDD

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
Years
Do you enjoy singing?

I guess so, but only when i'm alone. I'm very self-conscious about everything I do, even if I know i'm decent at it.

If so, why do you sing?

Not sure, sometimes I just catch myself singing alone with what i'm listening to.

Doesn't everyone? I'm not sure. I play guitar, so i'm not tone-deaf. I know when I hear bad singing, so i'd like to think i'm pretty good. Although my vocal range isn't too large, but maybe it'd be larger if I sang louder and projected my voice.

Nope. For one, i'm extremely shy and hate being in front of groups of people. Second, i'd really only sing folk music which wouldn't let me win.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Do you enjoy singing?
I love to sing, when i start, you cant stop me.

If so, why do you sing?

It makes me happy.

No comment :P

No way, i am too shy.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Do you enjoy singing?
I love it, but I don't like to sing in front of people. XD

If so, why do you sing?
I dunno, I kind of find it a bit therapeutic. I always feel better when I'm singing.

I'm a work in progress, that all I'm gonna say. XD;

Oh god no, haha. I'm far too shy and nowhere in the league of the people on the actual competition.

Last edited:
Back