PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite song/album?

olih
February 8th, 2011, 02:59 PM
What is your favorite song, and by who? And what is your favorite album?
My favorite song is It's My Life by Bon Jovi. My favorite album is Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmarron. It's by Bryan Adams and Hans Zimmer.

PlatinumDude
February 8th, 2011, 09:18 PM
My favorite songs are What I've Done by Linkin Park and 21 Guns by Green Day. I don't have a favorite album.

Eliminator Jr.
February 8th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Honestly, I have a lot of favourite albums and listing one wouldn't be doing justice to all the others. I know nobody cares enough to look through a thirty album list, so I'm just going to name one album which I've been listening to a lot recently - The Recordings of The Middle East by The Middle East. Not what you'd think when looking at the title, it's not Arabic music or anything. It's a really nice indie/folk band from up in Townsville (Queensland in Australia). This is a link to one of their songs, The Darkest Side (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXaczP4-VTE).

As for my favourite song at the moment... it's very uncharacteristic of me, but it's by a math rock/metally sounding band called Eucalypt (uncharacteristic because my favourite song is usually something I consider beautiful, not something that really gets me moving). They're from Sydney in Australia. This is the link to The Six (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcZ00c-TWz8).

Katalyst
February 9th, 2011, 07:20 AM
I have a lot of favourite songs... But I'd say my two most favourite ones at this moment are Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden and Holy Wars... The Punishment Due by Megadeth. Yes, I'm a metalhead.

My favourite album is, without a doubt, Rust in Peace by Megadeth. |m/

Gold warehouse
February 9th, 2011, 11:53 AM
The Recordings of The Middle East by The Middle East. Not what you'd think when looking at the title, it's not Arabic music or anything. It's a really nice indie/folk band from up in Townsville (Queensland in Australia). This is a link to one of their songs, The Darkest Side (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXaczP4-VTE).

A special someone told me about this band a while ago and I've enjoyed their music ever since; nice choice.

Favourite songs of all time would have to be "Talk Show Host" by Radiohead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcYu5Vg_YH8) and "How Soon Is Now?" by The Smiths (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U5HpeA_WSo). There are so many songs I love, but these are my two most played and and I've liked them both a lot for a very long time.

Albums, there are literally so many. The one that sticks out in my mind is Berlin by Lou Reed, it's rare for me to find an album where I love the music, the lyrics and the concept, and Berlin ticks all of these boxes. It's timeless, and I can listen to it any time.

institutions
February 9th, 2011, 11:57 AM
My favorite song and album changes a lot.
Not as much as the people who listen to the Top 40 hits and crap like that, but at least once every few months.

Favorite Song: The Mountain Goats - No Children
Favorite Album: Buckethead - Electric Tears

DarkShadows
February 9th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I favorite song is rooftops by lostprothets, and 115 by Elena Siegman.

I dont really have a favorite album.

saint paxton
February 9th, 2011, 02:24 PM
My favorite song right now is Seeing Suge - Breaking (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ro7ocZeWI) and my favorite album is probablyyyy The Adventures of Ghosthorse and Stillborn by CocoRosie or Never Better by P.O.S.

Amore
February 9th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Well, at the moment my favourite albums is Black Holes and Revelations by Muse.

I just generally love the entire album - the only song I've ever felt a remote dislike for was Supermassive Black Hole, and now it's not over-played, I love it again. Seriously, this'll probably be my favourite album of all time - I liked the songs before I even knew what they were called, or who the hell Muse were.

Sydian
February 9th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Favorite song at the moment is Tarantula by Pendulum Vs. Fresh feat. Spyda and Tenor Fly (that's what it's listed as lmao). Favorite song of all time is Arizona by Kings of Leon. And favorite album is Kings of Leon's Because of the Times.

Ayselipera
February 10th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I always go by songs and not albums since it's rare I'll like more than three songs on an album in most cases. D: So I'm just going to skip that altogether and go straight to favorite song.

It has to be between "1979" by The Smashing Pumpkins and "Asleep" by The Smiths. Although I'm leaning towards "1979" a little bit more since I've known it for a longer time and I generally prefer The Smashing Pumpkins over The Smiths.

Saryka
February 10th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I have a couple of favourite albums, actually. The Final Fantasy VII Piano Collections, Tegan and Sara's Sainthood and The Con, and Imogen Heap's Speak for Yourself. I can't pick which one I love the most! :x

I don't really have a favourite song, the individual songs I like listening to change really often. I end up listening to entire albums rather than individual songs.

Kyoko
February 11th, 2011, 04:18 PM
My favorite songs tend to change over time, but as of right now I can say a few of my favorites are: Rocket Queen (a lyric from the song is in my sig) and Novemeber Rain by Guns n' Roses, Starlight by Slash and Myles Kennedy, Your Hand in Mine by Explosions in the Sky, aaaaand Back in the Saddle by Aerosmith.

As for albums: The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place by Explosions in the Sky and Slash by Slash. I couldn't find a song I didn't like on either of these :)

TRIFORCE89
February 11th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I don't think I have a favourite song. It changes often.

But album? Probably Rubber Soul. I'd say it's almost perfect.

Also kind up on Dark Side of the Moon right now.

Gamedudebt
February 12th, 2011, 03:55 AM
My World: 2.0

My Favorite Album: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Favorite Song: Imagine - John Lennon

Drekin
February 12th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Song: Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
Album: The Blue Album - The Beatles

GlitchCity
February 12th, 2011, 03:12 PM
My favorite songs would be Cookie Jar by Gym Class Heroes, Holiday by GreenDay, and Way Away by Yellowcard. And my favorite album would be Chuck from Sum 41.

8D

TRIFORCE89
February 12th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Song: Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
Album: The Blue Album - The Beatles
The Blue Album?

Is that the later-half greatest hits compilation (Pepper and beyond), or some kind of bootleg?

Gamedudebt
February 12th, 2011, 08:11 PM
The Blue Album?

Is that the later-half greatest hits compilation (Pepper and beyond), or some kind of bootleg?

It's a Greatest Hits Compilation from 1967-1970 of The Beatles.

cullen95
February 13th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I honestly have no favorites. I love Gaga but I can't choose just one of her songs.

Akita
February 13th, 2011, 07:18 PM
My favorite song is Working Class Hero - Green Day. It was originally written and performed by John Lennon (pure music genius), but Green Day's version is a lot more powerful. The lyrics really speak to me.

My favorite album would be tied between Green Day's Dookie and 21st Century Breakdown. Both are brilliant.

As a side note, I do like other artists too...

Derezzed
February 13th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Favourite song of all time would have to be Gorecki by Lamb.

I have many favourite albums which range in style and genre, but they include everything from Lady Gaga's Fame Monster to Bowie's Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps). I'll come up with an exhaustive list some time in the near future to enlighten you all! :)

TRIFORCE89
February 13th, 2011, 09:59 PM
It's a Greatest Hits Compilation from 1967-1970 of The Beatles.
That's what I thought. That's a good one. Check out the later half of the Beatles Box compilation too.

Haza
February 13th, 2011, 11:58 PM
My favorite song of all time has to be Sweet Dreams by Beyoncé, but I have a handful of songs that I consider my all time favorites...
Once in a Lifetime, Poison, Get Me Bodied, Flaws & All, by Beyoncé, haha most of them are by her.
Rock With U by Janet Jackson

My favorite album would have to be B'Day by Beyoncé. Though all three are my favorites...

mondays suck
February 14th, 2011, 08:42 AM
My favorite album would be Painkiller by Judas Priest, it's just a masterpiece. And how.

My favorite song, however... Hmmm, his one's a bit harder.... Well, I'll just say Trololo, Trololo is awesome.

WildEagle
February 15th, 2011, 05:35 PM
My favorite album is Food and Liquor by Lupe Fiasco

My favorite song is Numb Techo Remix, the beat is just amazing !

aruchan
February 15th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I would say my favorite song is either "Candypop" by Heartsdales (J-pop), "Love Story" by Taylor Swift, or "Electropop" by Jupiter Rising.

By number of songs played, I would say that Fearless by Taylor Swift is my favourite album, but I can't say I enjoy all of the songs on it. ^_^

bOxieLiciOus
February 16th, 2011, 01:59 AM
my favorite song changes from time to time.. but the classics like true colors, time after time, i don't wanna miss a thing, we r the world, will always be one of my favorites, but as of now, the track that i'm most into is born this way. gaga ftw.

Firework.
February 17th, 2011, 08:51 AM
The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga. As of right now at least

hackerofdarkness
February 17th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Song Hum Lights out by Breaking Benjamin while album is dear agony

Baker's Bulbasaur
February 17th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Well generally all my favourite songs are from musicals and theatrical soundtracks, but the majority of these I highly doubt many people on here will know!

So outside of musicals...

I don't think I know a single album where I like all the songs on it, infact these days if I like 50% of them I feel lucky lol.

I'm a metalhead really, but my top 3 songs would be

Killswitch Engage - This Fire Burns
Billy Talent - White Sparrows / Rusted From The Rain
AFI - Miseria cantare

Also like a lot of the WWE Themes.

bayonetta.
February 17th, 2011, 05:03 PM
My favourite album is either Can't Stop, Won't Stop by The Maine, RIOT! by Paramore or A Fever You Can't Sweat Out by Panic! At The Disco

The runner up would surely be So Wrong, It's Right by All Time Low

I don't have a favourite songg. :'D

Rai
February 17th, 2011, 07:54 PM
My favorite song is defiantly a song by My Chemical Romance, but I can't choose one particular song because I love them all so much.

My favorite album is The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance.

GirlieNinjaRose
February 19th, 2011, 05:48 AM
I can say that Ray of Light is one of my favorite album, it's a masterpiece. As for the song, it changes from time to time so I can't really choose one since there's a lot of them, currently, I am in love with Born This Way.

amd
February 21st, 2011, 05:30 PM
at the moment, my favorite album is Broken Bells' self-titled debut album. My favorite song is probably New Slang by The Shins.

HinaBaby
February 25th, 2011, 05:00 PM
My favorite album would be Stripped by Christina Aguilera, and my favorite song off the album is Beautiful.

BBA_Beyblader_321
February 28th, 2011, 09:21 PM
My favorite songs change a lot, but currently it's 'My Life For Hire' by A Day To Remember. (Which may change as soon as Simple Plan's or Rise against's new albums come out) My favorite Album is any one done by Simple Plan~!

Patchisou Yutohru
March 3rd, 2011, 09:09 AM
The ArchAndroid by Janelle Monáe is my favorite album.

Some other albums that are high up there are Fast Times at Barrington High - The Academy Is..., Rotation - Cute is What We Aim For, Boys Like Girls - Boys Like Girls, Picturesque - Chase Coy, A Promise to Burn - Framing Hanley, Love Like This - The Summer Set, RIOT - Paramore, How to Save a Life - The Fray, Oracular Spectacular - MGMT, Black Holes and Revelations - Muse, Manners - Passion Pit, Santigold - Santigold, and Treats - Sleigh Bells.

Massacre.
March 15th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I have like 58 favorite songs, and my two favorite albums are Through Being Cool by Saves the Day and War All the Time by Thursday.

Weeaboo Name
March 15th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Couldn't pick a song buy my favourite album is Take To The Skies by Enter Shikari, Simply a masterpiece.

Rainy Day
March 15th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Life is Beautiful (Acoustic) - Sixx A.M.
mOBSCENE - Marylin Manson

Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Heaven’s Not Enough - Yoko Kanno ft. Steve Conte
Hurt - Johnny Cash

Note that the list would look different if I used instrumental music.

Henry The Dragon
March 15th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Joan Jett from "The Runaways"
Song: Crimson and Clover

Favorite album is from ..
Blink 182 - Buddha (:

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
March 16th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Killswitch Engage - This Fire Burns

Also like a lot of the WWE Themes.

Love that song as well and same here!! :D

My favorite album would be Stripped by Christina Aguilera, and my favorite song off the album is Beautiful.

This would most likely be my favourite album as well :) Favourite song from it is The Voice Within.

auraginx
March 23rd, 2011, 03:56 PM
i have a lot of favorite albums, i could probably narrow it down but i'll just say the first one that came to mind:

Watch Out! by Alexisonfire

choosing songs would be far too difficult, as i listen to a majority of my 10k song library on iTunes...

Mr Cat Dog
March 24th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Favourite song: Led Zeppelin - 'When the Levee Breaks'
It's the music theory nerd in me coming out with this, but it's probably the greatest 'theme and variations' song ever. Seven minutes long, almost operatic in scope, it keeps repeating and building and adding something new to it each time. Every time I listen to it, I find something new to enjoy about it, whether it's the harsh yet silky vocals of Robert Plant, or what Jimmy Page can do with a guitar. One of the pinnacles of rock music. It's a shame it was overshadowed by 'Stairway to Heaven', being as they were released on the same album.

Favourite album: Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
The only album I can think of, off the top of my head, that I genuinely love all the songs in. The best break-up album ever - due to the real life turmoil the band was going under at the time - Rumours is positively swimming in vitriol and heartbreak, yet manages to retain a sweetness at its core to counteract all the sadness and loneliness on the surface. Plus, it's so inherently listenable that you just can't not love it!

Maelstromk
March 24th, 2011, 06:01 PM
that's very loaded question, because I don't think I ever answer it the same twice...
My Top 3 Favortie Albums (ATM)
1.The Strokes:Angles
Although many people will disagree with me, I think this album is amazing in every aspect. Taking my favorite core things that I loved about The Strokes, while allowing all their personal musical journeys from their hiatus to come flooding in, making something that,while a far cry to fan favourite "Is This It?", Is something truly new and wonderful. Life is Simple in the Moonlight is a Masterpeice

2.Muse-Absolution
I love all of Muse's albums rather equally, but Absolution was the perfect blend of what I belive are two very distinct play styles that Muse has developed. (Although many would argue that Black Holes and Revelations does it better). "Showbiz" and "Origin of Symetry" are both great albums, but seem to just be lacking a bit in that grand feel that Muse does so well. While on the other hand "The Reistence" plays too much into theatrics and it just brought change to the band that I think made it feel more generic then allowed it to stand farther away from bands that fanboys complain they are similar too.
3.Pink Floyd: Atom Heart Mother
This album to me is just pure, crazy, Pink Floyd. The Title track, although 26 or so minutes long, is just so....well....strange...epic...It's hard to put it into words without listing to it.

Top 3 Fav Songs (ATM)
1.Standing Next to Me-Last Shadow Puppets
2.The Grey Ship-EMA
3.Life is Simple in the Moonlight-The Strokes
(running out of time so I didn't give reasons for the songs...for now at least, I tend to ramble ^_^)

pkmn-trainer-Stella
March 24th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Favorite song (of the moment): Summer song - The Decemberists
Favorite Albumn: Turn on the bright lights - Interpol

Kobold Asylum
April 7th, 2011, 10:52 AM
My favorite song is Winning! a Song by Charlie Sheen.

The Trotsky
April 7th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Right now, favorite song has to be No Sleep by Wiz Khalifa, but that changes based on my mood haha.

Album, I'd probably go with Attention Deficit by Wale.

LilacArcanine
April 7th, 2011, 01:18 PM
IDK, part of me wants to say Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is my favourite album.

Favourite song atm? Something by Bowie.

Saltare.
April 7th, 2011, 04:01 PM
One song I can listen to over and over is Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace, so I guess that's my favorite song.

My favorite album would have to be the Recovery album by Eminem. There is not one bad song on that album; they're all amazing.

Venusaur♣
April 7th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Currently my favorite albums are Meet the Orphans (Don Omar) and Los Vaqueros: El Regreso. And one of my many favorite songs is Amanece (Jowell & Randy ft. Yandel and Gladiel)

hyperblast81
April 7th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Favorite Album.. hmm... Probably Ride the Lightning by Metallica

Favorite Song: Either Twilight of the Thunder God or War of the Gods by Amon Amarth.

Hyperlust
April 22nd, 2011, 01:12 AM
I can't pin point a favourite album but probably my favourite song is Disintegration - Jimmy Eat World

Avey
April 23rd, 2011, 05:06 AM
Favourite albums (in no particular order) include Arcade Fire's Funeral; Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea; Islands' Return to the Sea; Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion and the Olivia Tremor Control's Black Foliage Volume 1. All of these completely changed my perception of what music was and I love them for that.

Favourite songs would be (again, no particular order) Arcade Fire's Wake Up; Lee Moses' Bad Girl pt. 1 and 2; The Smiths' There Is A Light That Never Goes Out; Neutral Milk Hotel's Holland 1945 and The Beatles' She Loves You.

If you haven't heard something out of what I listed, you should listen to it. Now.

Jubilation
April 23rd, 2011, 05:15 AM
I'd have to say my favourite song is Turning Tables, Bohemian Rhapsody, Landslide or Don't Stop Believing.

agentwaffle
April 27th, 2011, 04:39 PM
favorite albums (and songs from them) would be:
Between tHe Buried And Me: The Great Misdirect. Fav song is Fossil Generea.

The Dillinger Escape Plan: Miss Machine. Fav song: Highway Robbery, or Phone Home.

MuDvAyNe: LD 50/ New Game. Fav Song: Severed, Under My Skin, New Game. Their bassist is so inspirational for me :)

Chiodos: Illuminaudio. Fav song: All of them. This album blew their previous efforts into pieces. THey dont need the old vocalist, he held them back.

I have more, but these are ones I tend to listen to 100% daily.

Pekin
April 28th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Well. At the moment, I'm completely in love with the song, The Dreamer, by The Tallest Man On Earth, but I don't really have an all-time favorite. My favorite album, though, is probably The Wall by Pink Floyd. It's such a damn great story, and I love Pink Floyd's music.

Archer
April 30th, 2011, 03:44 AM
I don't have a favourite album, because there's too much in the way of competition.

That said, it would be a decision between Guns N' Roses' Use Your Illusion; and all 3 of Alter Bridge's One Day Remains, Blackbird and AB III, each of which is equally good.

Pete Murray's Feeler is up there, as well.

King Of The Blues
April 30th, 2011, 12:12 PM
What's your favourite song and by who?

My favourite song is Still Got the Blues by Gary Moore. It was the first ever Gary Moore song I ever listened to and I count myself very lucky to have discovered Gary and his music while he was still alive.

What is you favourite album and by who?

That's a tough one because there are a few I really like. If I had to pick one single favourite album it would by After The War bu Gary Moore. It feature some really good songs with songs like Blood of Emeralds and Dunluce featuring a very Cektic feel and tone to the song.

Galukxy
May 1st, 2011, 04:19 AM
Favorite song:
My Favorite song would be Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra. I have just always loved this song.

Favorite Album:

Queen: Greatest hits because it's Queen. and Queen are pure win

Kaori
May 10th, 2011, 03:27 PM
There are way too many songs I listen to each day to call one my favorite. Though I've been hooked on Cascada's "Everytime We Touch" album. It's a pretty old album of hers, but still, the songs on that album are amazing. *-* I've been listening to Adele a lot lately as well, with her album 21.

Maple Leaf
May 11th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Favorite Album:
Songs for the Deaf - Queens of the Stone Age (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songs_for_the_Deaf)

Favorite Song (Three-Way Tie, tbh):
No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_One_Knows)
Sick Sick Sick - Queens of the Stone Age (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sick_Sick_Sick)
Mind Eraser, No Chaser - Them Crooked Vultures (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_Eraser,_No_Chaser)