PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Opinions on Seasons

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 8th, 2011, 05:50 PM
So what is your favorite season in Unova?
What is your favorite place to visit during that season?
Why do you like the Season?
Do you think adding seasons was a good idea?

GlitchCity
February 8th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Hmm not completely sure, but I think I will like the spring season. I love the rainy weather (thanks to RSE lol). I might get annoyed with winter though. It reminds me of Mt. Coronet. But the music + season changes = pure win :D

Hoenn
February 8th, 2011, 06:05 PM
I Love the Season's it changes the game alot, aswell as it adds special features such as certain Pokémon and certain areas ect. it also gives the game a change in scene, which make it look beautiful, I'm really happy they introduced seasons, and I think my favourite is Winter because it enhances the biggest changes.

Forever
February 8th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I think the idea of seasons is great. It gives more longevity to the games. So instead of someone playing through just once and exploring the region, they need to do it at least three more times to fully discover everything there is to offer in Unova.

As for what looks best from what I've seen in the screenshots, Spring/Autumn. :)

February 8th, 2011, 06:16 PM
My favorite seasons from the screen shots I've seen are Spring and Fall, all the blossoming plants and the falling leaves :)

GlitchCity
February 8th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I think the idea of seasons is great. It gives more longevity to the games. So instead of someone playing through just once and exploring the region, they need to do it at least three more times to fully discover everything there is to offer in Unova.

As for what looks best from what I've seen in the screenshots, Spring/Autumn. :)
I guess they tested this in previous games with just the days, and in result Black and White took it further with the seasons. I guess you can say its a "forced playthrough" if you want to get the full expierence of the game :D

Dragonite's Wrath
February 8th, 2011, 06:29 PM
My favorite would be winter. Right a the start I could catch an ice type. And maybe they added an ice dark type. And the rain would be good for a few water types. Hope there's a water mix at the start.

s4rg10
February 8th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Idea sounds awesome, anyone has screen-shot of 1 place in different seasons?

Forever
February 8th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Idea sounds awesome, anyone has screen-shot of 1 place in different seasons?

There's actually a comparison on the actual site. (http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/unova-region/seasons/) :)

I guess they tested this in previous games with just the days, and in result Black and White took it further with the seasons. I guess you can say its a "forced playthrough" if you want to get the full expierence of the game :D

Oh yeah I completely forgot about days. XD So days + seasons... they want you to play every hour of the day!

theowlmanlives
February 8th, 2011, 06:55 PM
The seasons seem like a good idea. It's kinda annoying when its winter outside and in the old games you walk through somewhere that it looks like summer in. And also with pokemon and areas only be accessed in one season it kinda forces you to play long after you win to see everything the place has to offer you.

February 8th, 2011, 07:03 PM
The seasons seem like a good idea. It's kinda annoying when its winter outside and in the old games you walk through somewhere that it looks like summer in. And also with pokemon and areas only be accessed in one season it kinda forces you to play long after you win to see everything the place has to offer you.
Yeah but the season's change each month meaning it's still possible to play the game in winter while it's summer in real life...
I wish the season's lasted as long and changed as often as real life...

theowlmanlives
February 8th, 2011, 07:07 PM
they change each month...... thats just weird....

February 8th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Yeah it is...but I guess it allows you to capture pokemon who are more common in winter earlier instead of waiting for real winter...

GlitchCity
February 8th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I guess that was for the impatient people xD because I know fer sure that I wasnt going to wait a full 3 months for Spring.

Dillon_68
February 8th, 2011, 08:06 PM
If you think about it, there is atleast one month in real life that matches each season in the game.

Spring is January, May, September. (May is a spring month.)
Summer is February, June, and October. (June is a summer month.)
Fall/Autumn is March, July, and November (November is a fall month.)
Winter is April, August and December. (December is a winter month.)

February 8th, 2011, 08:16 PM
If you think about it, there is atleast one month in real life that matches each season in the game.

Spring is January, May, September. (May is a spring month.)
Summer is February, June, and October. (June is a summer month.)
Fall/Autumn is March, July, and November (November is a fall month.)
Winter is April, August and December. (December is a winter month.)Yeah they are but the rest at least in the Japanese versions...

PlatinumDude
February 8th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I like Summer the best because summer is my favorite season in the real world. Sawsbuck also looks best in its summer form.

February 8th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I like summer too as I was born in it plus the shade of the grass in the summer in Unova is my favorite shade of green :3

Katja
February 8th, 2011, 09:42 PM
i hate winter IRL, but I like it in the game :D

theowlmanlives
February 9th, 2011, 12:40 PM
My fav season has to be fall. Also i Think spring is when sawsbuck looks best

WarpstarX
February 9th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Like how May is still in spring (my birth month) since it's my favorite season.

February 9th, 2011, 03:32 PM
My fav season has to be fall. Also i Think spring is when sawsbuck looks best
Finally another fall Fan :D!
I like Sawbuck's fall forme as it's leaves are a nice shade of red :)

Hoenn
February 9th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Even though Winter is my favourite, I do admit Fall adds a great ambiance to the game more than the other seasons. I also like the way they change some apperances on certain Pokémon.
Spring and Summer are nice though and when we buy the games or for those who buy it in March, the Season will be Fall if you check my the roster on Serebii :)

Spring
Jan, May, Sept

Summer
Feb, Jun, Oct
Autumn
Mar, Jul, Nov
Winter
Apr, Aug, Dec

(http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/seasons.shtml)

I was kinda hoping that it would be Winter so that I could catch Vanilluxe, but ah well, by the time I've got to the area where I can catch one, It will probally be winter :P

The Red Chain
February 10th, 2011, 01:41 AM
I think the seasons are a fantastic idea. ^__^
I've said it before but I may as well again, I love how the game in Japanese started out in Spring if you got it within the first month. Spring is a perfect way to represent the start of a new adventure, the beginning of something grand and fresh. It really helped to set the mood for me. How the seasons change gradually too throughout your journey is a great way to show progress and your record of time. It's amazing for showing you how far you've gotten from that little bud you were back in Spring.. the imagery is just.. aaaa. <3

How the seasons affect what Pokemon you encounter, and if you can travel through certain areas or not is a nice way to really tie the seasons into the game ; just like how it does in real life. I love it all. Probably one of the best changes made to Pokemon [next to full animation] to date.

My favorite season in-game is spring, just like in real life. I love the new look everything has and how there are cherry blossom petals blowing through the trees. <3

tmega1990
February 10th, 2011, 03:32 AM
I think it was a cool idea to add seasons,it is going to be really cool to experience the different seasons in the game and what is different in each of them.

skyluigi2
February 10th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Obviously winter for me. One of my favourite Pokemon is the Ice-cream, so yeah...

February 27th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I think it was great that they also adjusted the pokemon rarity depending on the season makes finding certain Ice types easier, you simply have to wait until Winter ^_^

Perrie ✿
February 27th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I the seasons Idea was a great idea, I don't see why they couldn't of put this in HG/SS ;O
I love the effects of the seasons when they actually happen, along with Deerling and Sawsbuck being able to change forms depending on the season; you can also manipulate it so it can be what season you want, it's great for the 7th Badge city when your wanting to grind and it's winter so you can grind in the double grass with wild Sawsbucks and Beartics ~ :3

Late
February 27th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Seasons is a nice add but it's pretty weird to have Summer in game when there's -30C outside. (I live in Finland)
Have to start with Fall as I have already ordered the game and it's coming soon!

Adam.
February 28th, 2011, 08:00 AM
From the screenshots that I have seen, I like the Autumn seasons within the game as I like the array of browns, creams and yellows in the surroundings; it's very peaceful.
I think it#s a great feature they've implemented into the games, especially since they have Pokemon varying between each season, simmilar to how it is in the real world with animals.

Calamity
February 28th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I love the new seasons feature, its just one of the little details added in that make the game more sweeter lol, my favourite season has to be summer though, everything looks so vibrant! :D

CptSwaggerPants
February 28th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I think it's a wonderful addition! They really outdid themselves. I like Fall the most, Winter the least...cold is really annoying to me :,p

LazyLapras
February 28th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah the season changes Rock!! I think my fav would have to be winter I have loved the winter theme in just about every game.

Kyite
February 28th, 2011, 11:04 AM
This is one of the biggest things I'm excited for! Especially because certain pokemon are going to be abundant during different parts of the seasons. Should make the game more interesting when trying to fill the pokedex!

Guy
February 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Spring. It's a colorful season in itself, and from what I saw in the games it's portrayed very well. My least favorite would probably be Winter. While it's a great season in the real world, getting stuck in the snow in the games just isn't that fun. :\

I haven't played the games yet, so...

Why do you like the Season? Do you think adding seasons was a good idea?
I love the idea of the different seasons, so yes, I would say it was a good idea. It keeps the game fresh for a player in my opinion. Not all areas are going to look the same every month and it also changes the ratio of certain Pokémon's commonality in specific areas. Not to mention, a Pokémon like Deerling and Sawsbuck has its form altered every month because of the four seasons.

All they need now is for Leafeon to change color for each season. n__n;

Barn
February 28th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Awesome idea, why didn't they do this before? ;)

I voted Winter.

ChimeraReiax
February 28th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Adding seasons was a neat touch and adds some nice variety to the game, both ascetically and in gameplay. I love that because in the next month after me playing my game, I can experience Unova all over again in a new light, and possibly my most favorite.

MrGriszell
March 1st, 2011, 12:32 AM
its pretty awesome, i kinda wished they had more areas accesible only thru the different seasons

Sully
March 1st, 2011, 04:58 AM
I think the seasons are an awesome idea(:
My favorite will probably end up being Fall and Summer.

j2y8n2x
March 1st, 2011, 03:10 PM
Winter
Because it makes it so much easier to get through places, and gaining access to places that aren't available in other seasons.

Loved beating up the ice cream pokemon for 2 Special Attack EVs in winter

Haza
March 1st, 2011, 03:45 PM
To be honest I'd rather the seasons correspond with real life instead of appearing multiple times a year...

March 1st, 2011, 03:52 PM
To be honest I'd rather the seasons correspond with real life instead of appearing multiple times a year...
Same here but at least it's progress having them added in this gen ^-^ maybe in the next they will make them correspond with Real life.

Venomoth Z
March 1st, 2011, 04:05 PM
For me it would have to be spring, seasons changing is such a great idea!

レイジングブラスト
March 1st, 2011, 04:07 PM
I think the addition of seasons was a good idea and alongside the amazing 3D and the day/night system, it really adds a realistic feel to the game. My personal favorite season in BW is actually my least favorite in real life and that's Winter.

Pink Typholsion
March 1st, 2011, 04:16 PM

They do this so the player don't have to wait. Like if you just started summer, and then the season changed to summer, you'd have to wait a long time til you are able to catch Pokemon that only come around winter. That's why they have all four seasons within one month.

Boarbeque
March 1st, 2011, 04:30 PM
Winter is the most noticable season in Unova and in real life. The whole color pallete changes drastically, you can access new areas and bears appear everywhere.

I think the addition of seasons was a good idea and alongside the amazing 3D and the day/night system, it really adds a realistic feel to the game. My personal favorite season in BW is actually my least favorite in real life and that's Winter.
The Day/Night system is kinda there. You don't get any Morning, Day or Night exclusive pokemon which makes the system just aesthetic.

gregory_turner420
March 1st, 2011, 05:26 PM
at the same time seasons are reversed on the southern half of the earth so itd be hard for the seasons to be like reality, but i love summer in the games

Zorua
March 1st, 2011, 05:48 PM

Winter.

Why do you like the Season?

From what I've seen, the graphics looks absolutely stunning during the wintertime, which is of no surprise to me. Plus, I like the snow and whatnot. ♥

Of course~! It's a great addition to make the games more interesting and less bland. D:

Fushigidane-Chan
March 1st, 2011, 06:02 PM
When you think about it, it makes sense for the seasons to change every month instead of every 3 months--it won't be Winter everywhere at the same time, for example, so at least this way, one month out of three corresponds with each real-world season for everybody. And this way, we also don't have to wait as long to reach a certain season so we can access a specific location (Winter) or battle a specific trainer (Spring).

Anyway, I love the seasons addition, and my favorite season is Winter. Still, the seasons are a bit disappointing in some regards. The only differences between the seasons, excluding the aesthetics, is the aforementioned trainer battle with Cynthia, minor things like Castelia Ice being open or not, and different Pokemon in the wild--and the latter still only applies to Winter. There could definitely be more changes within each season.

Also, I'm disappointed that only a few cities have snow in Winter, and only one of them is ever truly blanketed in snow. How awesome would it have been to see Castelia covered with snow? :(

Haowakeorden
March 1st, 2011, 07:01 PM
Can't really comment on any of the questions except:
It was a great idea. It was the logical next step up from day and night.

fenyx4
March 1st, 2011, 09:23 PM
Winter is the most noticable season in Unova and in real life. The whole color pallete changes drastically, you can access new areas and bears appear everywhere.

The Day/Night system is kinda there. You don't get any Morning, Day or Night exclusive pokemon which makes the system just aesthetic.

But bears are supposed to be hibernating in winter! I would be scared to heck in reality if the pretty snow in reality meant that everywhere was going to be teeming with bears for three months straight. o_O

Wha...? They're not doing the thing like where HootHoot are only encountered at night in GSC/HGSS? Argh... I haven't even played HeartGold yet, and that was one of my favorite things about the time system, as the encounters were made more realistic. They could have Zigzagoon only appearing at night in Hiun City, Route 5, and 16 (I chose those specific routes because apparently Yabukuron is found there, and raccoons are commonly known for scavenging people's trash).

Also, I'm disappointed that only a few cities have snow in Winter, and only one of them is ever truly blanketed in snow. How awesome would it have been to see Castelia covered with snow? :(

Darn; urban cities covered in snow look amazing! A shame it wasn't implemented in Hiun City, especially since it's the most prominent city...

Raichu1988
March 2nd, 2011, 01:01 PM
From the screen shots, I really like the Fall season. And secondly, I like the winter setting. I think the seasons are a great thing to incorporate into the games since it gives more setting to the game. I also think that it's cool that certain pokémon are in certain seasons because it gives it that tiny bit of oomph, knowing you have to go back at a different time to collect that pokemon you might be missing/wanting.

G.U.Y.
March 2nd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Love the seasons.

Fall is the best. Winter is just dull looking until you get to the areas where it snows (which is few in number)

Hoenn
March 2nd, 2011, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I think it's safe to say that the Seasons feature is my favourite feature intoduced in Gen V, surely Day & Night and Weather is good but Seasons gives the games a more realistic and.. well seasonal feel and they make the game look better overall :)

lamby101
March 2nd, 2011, 02:06 PM
I haven't got the game yet but it seems like a good idea. It kind of makes sense seen as, in real life, you'll see more or less of certain animals in the wildlife dependent on what season it is, so why not intergrate that into pokemon? :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there's only one pokemon who's appearance is affected by the seasons which I'm slightly disappointed about as I think they could have been more creative with that aspect of it.

Forever
March 17th, 2011, 01:54 AM
I noticed something I dislike about the seasons - the fact that the leaves blowing in Autumn is only evident in Route 1. I wish they'd extend it for other routes, too, instead of isolating it. Also, I don't really like Autumn season as it is, I can't wait until it's over. XD

Kaori
March 17th, 2011, 03:02 AM
I had pretty much grown tired of viewing the Autumn season throughout every place until I reached Icirrus City. The houses in that city resemble vintage houses, and what suits a city such as one like that more than the fall? n_n The colors just mix together perfectly, and its probably one of my favorite cities in the game so far.

However I really can't wait until the season changes as I'm eager to see the others already, haha.

Tsundera
March 17th, 2011, 03:09 AM
I prefer the aesthetics of Summer more than the other seasons. The towns are so bright and they look like absolute little treasures. Winter is pretty cool too, especially with the additional bonus of hidden-area revelations; that's very creative and I'm glad Game Freak have been thoughtful in respect to implementing the seasons.

Twiggy
March 17th, 2011, 03:21 AM
I love the seasons. Summer, to me, is what I'm most at home in. Bright stuff, anyone?

Beechlgz
March 17th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Mine is just staying at autumn, is that normal? How long does a season last?

That said I can't comment really because I've only seen autumn so far.

BigIce17
March 17th, 2011, 04:06 AM
I cant really say since in still only in autumn. >.<

PkMnTrainer Yellow
March 17th, 2011, 05:02 AM
I personally like winter a whole lot. What can I say? I like winter. I really like winter, or at least the mood set by it. I don't like walking in snow, or driving in it for that matter. I like looking at it most of the time though.

But yeah, that like translates into Pokemon quite nicely.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 17th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Only annoying part is having to go back to certain places (Twist Mountain) do do stuff you can only do during a specific season.

Otherwise, I think the seasons bring some life to the Pokemon world and make it seem more active and changing, which is always a good thing :)

bobandbill
March 17th, 2011, 05:45 AM
I noticed something I dislike about the seasons - the fact that the leaves blowing in Autumn is only evident in Route 1. I wish they'd extend it for other routes, too, instead of isolating itHave to agree - I kinda feared that would be the case when they revealed the promo shot and that was confirmed when I played the game. Similar to weather in games being restricted to certain routes only in the last few gen games - it's just artificial. =(

Otherwise I quite like the concept and if does add a lot to the places it does show up in, as well as more in the way of backtracking and exploration too. Mine is just staying at autumn, is that normal? How long does a season last?A month. I think you can change the date though on the DS if you want - just note that other time-based stuff may be affected, and now just in b/w either.

Eurydice
March 17th, 2011, 05:50 AM
I love that they added seasons. i havent seen any of the other ones but from pictures i would say spring would be my favorite.

solarowl
March 17th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I think it's safe to say that the Seasons feature is my favourite feature intoduced in Gen V, surely Day & Night and Weather is good but Seasons gives the games a more realistic and.. well seasonal feel and they make the game look better overall :)

It's awesome that they still kept day and night, making it just an aesthetic change. Seasons definitely make the game more realistic. Although not for the Winter snow, because it doesn't snow here. But that's why I love Winter. It shows me what I want, but don't have.

Barn
March 17th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I was expecting more snow for Winter, it wasn't until Driftveil City that I got snow, and then in Icirrus and then it disappeared... I was disappointed, honestly. Winter was just pale colors and blue trees - still cool and gave a slight "winter" feel but they could've done more.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
March 18th, 2011, 06:16 PM
I love the Seasons, gives a degree of realism in a pretty cool way :)

I'd have to say Spring is my favourite - everything looks so lush and plus: Spring Sawsbuck!! :D

Forever
April 1st, 2011, 06:32 AM
Omg, night in Mistralton in Winter looks amazing. I love the added effects of hail, looks so realistic and my God everything looks awesome. :D Winter > Autumn, so far. :3

Superjub
April 1st, 2011, 07:36 AM
Omg, night in Mistralton in Winter looks amazing. I love the added effects of hail, looks so realistic and my God everything looks awesome. :D Winter > Autumn, so far. :3

I agree, I love Winter. :D Much better than boring Autumn. :<

I also wish the games utilised seasons more, instead of just certain places. :\

Mew~
April 1st, 2011, 08:59 AM
As you can see, cynthia didn't know it just turned winter in Unova. xD

I guess my favourite would be Winter, we don't get enough snow here. :O

Nakuzami
April 1st, 2011, 02:09 PM
Winter is definately my favorite. The changes are more drastic and cooler, more areas are accessible, and Sawsbuck's winter form is so awesomesauce. That, plus just a few more things makes winter in the games amazing. Its also my favorite season in real life, and without the cold, it makes it that much more fun!

Rionix
April 1st, 2011, 02:36 PM
i will probably like spring as i like spring the most compare to other seasons.

Xyrin
April 1st, 2011, 08:44 PM
Am I the only one who HATES winter? I hate Sawsbuck in winter (I have one in my main team too. Blaagg) Maybe because in Indiana we've had WAAAYYY to much Snow and Winter. I liked Autumn better... And Sawsbuck is pwnage in fall.

The Nightmare
April 1st, 2011, 09:39 PM
My favourite is Winter. Defantly love the snow, you can also find ice type pokemon as what
Dragonite's Wrath just said.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
April 2nd, 2011, 02:32 AM
My favorites are Winter and Spring.
Winter because it's snowing
Spring because Shikijika turns pink! XD
However, I voted for Spring.

tjb90
April 2nd, 2011, 03:43 AM
It is really cool that they added seasons to the games. It makes it really cool. I like how different things change with the seasons.

vaporeon7
April 2nd, 2011, 04:22 AM
I like spring the best. This is mainly because I love the look of flower petals flying about in the air. I also love Deerling's spring form the best. Pink > green, brown and orange in my opinion. I can't wait for next month when I can experience it for the first time. So far I've only played in Autumn and Winter.

King Gumball
April 2nd, 2011, 04:26 AM
Winter looks pretty cool :D

However I miss the Autumn leaves blowing and the golden trees already :( Unova seems so... cold and dull in winter maybe because it is night now

Goodbye Stunfisk, Tranquil and Shelmet!

The Eagle
April 2nd, 2011, 04:46 AM
I think I prefer summer, but I think they should have made teh seasons come around once a year to make it seem more realistic ( while its snowing in your game, its also snowing outside your window :D [ depending where you are ] ) but otherwise they are quite good.

danno 507
April 4th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Cnt choose my fave season till i see them all but adding them in was definately a good idea....makes it more real if ya know wat i mean lol

Forever
April 8th, 2011, 01:24 AM
I'm disappointed that the Royal Unova doesn't reflect the season tbh. I mean really, it's winter, wouldn't you expect the ocean to not be so calm, or even just some snow towards Marvelous Bridge, come on, get creative Game Freak! :(

Zorua
April 8th, 2011, 01:37 AM
I'm disappointed that the Royal Unova doesn't reflect the season tbh. I mean really, it's winter, wouldn't you expect the ocean to not be so calm, or even just some snow towards Marvelous Bridge, come on, get creative Game Freak! :(

I keep forgetting to ride the Royal Unova, nor even know the purpose of it, so.... :(

...Oh wait, you battle trainers for certain items, right? :D; That sounds like fun. But then again, it's like a slight reference to the SS Anne in R/S/E, right? So with that in mind, It really doesn't surprise me that there isn't really anything thats happening to the ship itself nor to it's surroundings, so...

April 8th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Winter is becoming new new favorite season in BW due to the nice shade of Green-blue the trees are and the snow around the place though I did expected there to be more snow than there really was...

Hikamaru
April 8th, 2011, 10:05 PM
The game depicts my birthday happening in Summer but I voted for Spring because I was born in Spring (well, that's Autumn in the US).

Dark Piplup
April 9th, 2011, 05:31 AM
I think seasons were a great addition. But the fact that for me it's the opposite season for what it is in real time is really annoying. As for my fav. season, I can't really vote yet since I haven't been through them all.

ssrobin
April 10th, 2011, 03:46 AM
I really like the idea,

I only have had 2 seasons, so I dont know what is the coolest season.

DemonBlood93
April 10th, 2011, 05:07 AM
I love the summer season, mainly cos I love summer in real life :D

Weavile05
April 10th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Winter. Iccirus city becomes awesome in the winter.

Psyshock
April 10th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Even though Winter is my least favorite season in the real world, I'm lovin' it in Unova. I also like the color schemes of Spring and Summer. I'm not too big on Autumn but I do like Autumn's version of Sawsbuck.

Forever
April 30th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Spring in Unova makes the region look AMAZING. I dread it going back to Autumn and I'm really going to enjoy Spring <3 It's like the entire region is made of White Forest lol. But really, even the music changes for Spring are nice too. I wonder what Summer's like!

Osha_say_wott?!
May 1st, 2011, 04:34 AM
I love that they added changing season, it's frackin' awesome~! Winter is my favorite season in real life, so I loved winter the past month in Unova. My favorite city was Icirrus City during winter. I spent Saturday playing white for the last day of winter. Icirrus City was snowing hard on the last day, I'm gonna miss the snow. T-T
Spring looks really great, though.

Pika-power
May 1st, 2011, 04:37 AM
I loved deerling's design for winter, so there you go.

Poke-geek
May 1st, 2011, 04:47 AM
Spring is the best because you can battle cynthia

Calamity
May 1st, 2011, 05:31 AM
Springs already blown me away been so much more colourful than autumn and winter, I can also have a battle against Cynthia now :D

mikhaild
May 1st, 2011, 05:53 AM
of course, it is a good addition. ive only experienced 2 seasons though, winter and spring.

Bluerang1
May 1st, 2011, 07:24 AM
Spring is gorgeous! It's my favourite so far, so lush and green. Autumn was dry, I only experienced it for two days though, and Winter was too cold really xD I played some while I was ill and it wasn't fun ^_^ I can't wait to see Summer! :)

There might be an event for Summer. 1)It ends the first circle of Seasons for the English games 2)Because it's vacation period and I think they released the games in March so the full circle would end in June hence making them celebrate it somehow.

calister17
May 1st, 2011, 07:50 AM
I think the seasons are cool, although I never do any exploring anymore, I'm either in front of the daycare, or at the nearest pokecenter for wifi purposes.

TTC
May 1st, 2011, 08:50 AM
I think the seasons are cool, although I never do any exploring anymore, I'm either in front of the daycare, or at the nearest pokecenter for wifi purposes.

Once again I'm with you, but I did enjoy winter when it first came around. The frozen lakes in those northern towns, I forget which, was a pretty cool addition.

Count
May 1st, 2011, 09:04 AM
I like the idea of seasons, but I'd rather have the seasons in-game to be in sync with the seasos in real life so it feels more 'real'.

But I understand why that wouldn't work, so I guess it is a smart move of Nintendo to have it change each month.

AngelXavier
May 1st, 2011, 09:09 AM
Winter is my favorite season. I won't switch the date to stay in Winter, but boy am I sad that April's over and I have to wait til like August for Winter again. I wish there was a way to permanently make Sawsbuck's sprite stay the same. Cause who doesn't love this sexy sprite? http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b0/Spr_5b_586W.png I want this 24/7 Omg<333

TTC
May 1st, 2011, 09:44 AM
Winter is my favorite season. I won't switch the date to stay in Winter, but boy am I sad that April's over and I have to wait til like August for Winter again. I wish there was a way to permanently make Sawsbuck's sprite stay the same. Cause who doesn't love this sexy sprite? http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b0/Spr_5b_586W.png I want this 24/7 Omg<333

Ha, I never even noticed that before, but that is pretty fantastic. All the more reason winter is the best.