PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] What have you named yourself?

Pages : [1] 2

Forever
February 9th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Pretty much what the title says. What's the name you're playing as, or will play as? Also, why did you choose that name?

(The gender of the character you're playing as goes here, though (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=242477)).

Miss Doronjo
February 9th, 2011, 05:51 AM
I'm going to name myself Dwagie♀; because well, that's what I named myself from pokemon emerald up to pokemon heart gold. Well, the name Dwagie is just a cute name on saying Dragon; and well, the female sign? Itsssss just something I made up. :3

Blue
February 9th, 2011, 06:05 AM
I'm going to use the name White, because I'll be playing Pokémon White and I think it suits Touko

The Red Chain
February 9th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Miiyu is the name I chose. :3
My character, Blue the Tsutaja/Snivy, has a trainer named Miyu so I just went ahead with that.
Besides, it's a very cute name and I couldn't decide on anything else. I'll prolly name the trainer the same thing in my English White. ^^;

... Though I can't remember why I added an extra i... o.o;

NejiForce
February 9th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Lilli(Female player)
Because My Name is Willi(WLilli)

Nateon
February 9th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Playing under my own name in black but when i get white gonna have Sakura =]

Esper
February 9th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I took advantage of of the fact that I could name myself with Japanese and picked カザミ (Kazami). I was reading a book (NP by Banana Yoshimoto) with a character named Kazami at the time.

johnkapid
February 9th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Well, I got Hikari for a name...
Yet, the english is Light not Dawn.
I'm a boy...
I named my Tsutaja as Tsuja

Bluerang1
February 9th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I'll name my character Uyi, which is my name. If I get White, I'll play as the girl and call her Peri, after my crush, or stick with Whitlea, both names are nice. Actually, I'll stick with Whitlea, it's a good name and naming her after a crush seems weird now. Also I can role-play as her in my head as I'm doing with Dawn in Platinum. :)

Sterling
February 9th, 2011, 10:31 AM
My name will be Ani (Ani is a name my friends call me) in Pokemon White, and I will play as Touko.

Sabrewulf238
February 9th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I'll use Sean, which is my first name. for pokemon white.

When I play the third version as a girl I'll make up some name....I played as Eliza in Platinum and Lisa in Emerald.

GlitchCity
February 9th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Glitch for pokemon Black, I tend to use that name for the games I will not start over, espically since Im also getting white a month after I get black. Im still not quite sure what Im naming myself on White though...

Gamedudebt
February 10th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I'm gonna name my character Rain (male) don't know why i just like that name.

Nakuzami
February 10th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I'm going to use the name White, because I'll be playing Pokémon White and I think it suits Touko

Is Touko the girl? Well, her official name is Whitlea.

I'm going to name my Character Kris. That is one of my favorite names and my fellow RPers will know it is the name I use the most.

I may name the girl Krystal, Luna or Destiny. Also in relation to my RPs :P

Kokuo
February 10th, 2011, 06:56 PM
I generally just use Steve, because it's my name.

Azumi
February 11th, 2011, 01:00 AM
I used Kanako (カナコ) in my Japanese White copy. I was thinking of naming the female character Carolin if I decide to buy the English version.
Kanako/Carolin is an OC of mine and I decided to use her different names for respective languages.

TheUnown
February 11th, 2011, 02:18 AM
I'm going stick with Touko 'cause I like to use official names :P

Satoshi Kamya
February 11th, 2011, 02:34 AM
I named myself Nick, cause thats my nickname.

TehPsychicTypeMaster
February 11th, 2011, 03:44 AM
I plan to name my character Rai....not sure though. It just seems to fit Touko (female), its the same name I used on my Pokemon White Japanese copy.

Kaori
February 11th, 2011, 03:49 AM
The female protagonist is going to be named after my real name, since it has been a pattern where I just name the character I'll be playing as after myself. XD;

Rai
February 11th, 2011, 12:28 PM
That's a good question. I like to name myself something different in every game. Maybe I will just go with Rai, I haven't used that nickname yet :D

Dixie Kong
February 11th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I'm the chick in White and my name is Syddy because that's my nickname. I'll be a boy in Black and I'll be Seiphre because I am obsessed with that name because I'm awesome and made it. :D

Hypno
February 11th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Just my name which is Edgar, I always name the character after me since Yellow.

trevman727
February 12th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Probably gonna go with Trev. I usually do anyways, cuz its my nickname. Also, I am really thinking about doing a duo run with Zoroark (Death) and Urugamosu(sp?) as Diesel. Just because I'm really enjoying my duo run in Ruby with Swampert (King Kip) and Aggron (Optimus)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 12th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I'll play the game with my character called Azure :)

RYOUKI
February 12th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I'm going to play mine as Angelo. I usually name the character after meat my first play through.

Vegas
February 12th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I took girl character and named her White. So original.
When I get the EU Black, I might pick boy character and name him Black, because I'm so original.
Or just Tino like usually I do (my IRL name, lol).

ManhattanTheStarr
February 12th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Originally I was gonna go with the name Mantan (I simply took the "hat" out of Manhattan :B) for the female character, but now I think I'll just use Starr since it's an actual name, and sounds much better than... "Whitlea". *shudders*

Fushigidane-Chan
February 12th, 2011, 03:29 PM
The first five characters in the Japanese alphabet...

My name is short enough to be spelled, even with the five-character limit imposed, but I really dislike the font for English characters in the Japanese games.

Future_Chaos
February 12th, 2011, 03:35 PM
When I get Black in the future, I'm going to be a guy and name him Chaos

*points username* x3

PhantasyFight
February 13th, 2011, 03:12 AM
I always call myself Phant. There is never enough room for Phantasy.

pokewalker
February 13th, 2011, 04:10 AM
I'm going to cal myself either Koen (which is my real name), pokewalker or Nowa (which is already my name in the JAP. version, and is my nickname my friends like to call me :S)

Mew~
February 13th, 2011, 04:33 AM
I always call myself Neo, I did it in my Japanese version of White.

I will be getting Black on March 4th, so I might think of something more original.

Rawrinism
February 14th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I haven't played the Jap. versions yet so, I'll name them this way:

Black: Female-Shareena or Selina

White: Male-Decus or Talsbane

:p

Solice
February 14th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I have 3 names to choose from. My real name, Bryan, Mogli, what my friends brother always called me, or JoJo, because people say I resemble the emo Who, JoJo, from Horton Hears A Who.

インフェルノの津波
February 15th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Called myself Cadel. Greek/Latin for 'Battle'.

And I sometimes choose the opposite gender.

abarai
February 15th, 2011, 02:55 AM
In white i'll choose to play as a male and name the protagonist after my own name. In black, well i don't know yet D: , maybe Thor after the thunder god from norse mythology.

Derezzed
February 15th, 2011, 03:31 AM
I haven't decided yet, I'll probably just be boring and name him after myself. Involve myself in the game and all :P

mzmingle
February 15th, 2011, 06:31 AM
either:
White - likely
Meghan - highly likely
Caitlin - low chance
yea. probably oN Black i'd be White, and on White i'd be Meghan

olih
February 15th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I don't have White yet, but I'm probably going to name myself Dialga. That's what I name myself on all my games. I name myself Dialga because... well, it's obvious isn't it? My favorite Pokemon is Dialga.

InfernoHo-Oh
February 15th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Japanese Black - Gaia. (my real name)
English White - Selene. (one of my fave characters)

FangJester
February 15th, 2011, 04:21 PM
John, as always. I'm a pretty boring guy. :|

IMPRI
February 18th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Normally it's A.sshole or Gay because the funny quotes that happen like the one on emerald when you beat your dad and he said: "Oh no i lost to GAY".

PiPVoda
February 18th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I'll probably name myself Pip, or use my intials Ed. I could combine the two...PipEd....:\

Pkmn Trainer Touko
February 19th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Is Touko the girl? Well, her official name is Whitlea.

I'm going to name my Character Kris. That is one of my favorite names and my fellow RPers will know it is the name I use the most.

I may name the girl Krystal, Luna or Destiny. Also in relation to my RPs :P

No, her official name is Touko. Pokemon is from Japan, the Japanese name dominates over the English name.

I named my female player in Black after myself because this was before I knew her real name...I wish I could change it, but it's my permanent game I don't plan on restarting.

My second playthrough in White I named her Touko, and will do so from now on, when I get the English games. ^^

Zvezda
February 20th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Does it bother anyone else that there's a seven letter limit for our names in the English games? I think it should be raised to 10 or even 12.

Moonrox
February 20th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I will name myself Silver as always.
I am getting Black and White both March 6th.
I am not choosing a starter as I am getting all of them.
I like Snivy the most.

BrainChord
February 20th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I have named myself Mijum
Starter (snivy) Smugy
I have no respect for the english namse

MeerFall
February 20th, 2011, 06:29 AM
i dunno in the last game i called myself cool tiger... i need to think of something better... maybe Alix?

pokewalker
February 20th, 2011, 06:48 AM
I'll probably name myself Pip, or use my intials Ed. I could combine the two...PipEd....:\

Pipped sounds better :D

I'll probably call myself, unoriginal and stuff, my real name: Koen :P In my Jap. version I called myself Nowa, since that is the nickname my friends like to give me... :\

Mato
February 20th, 2011, 06:56 AM
I'm naming the protagonist after myself. ^^

PiPVoda
February 20th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Pipped sounds better :D

I'll probably call myself, unoriginal and stuff, my real name: Koen :P In my Jap. version I called myself Nowa, since that is the nickname my friends like to give me... :\

You should use koen. You are lucky you have an amazing first name! Utilize it! :cheeky:

Tox
February 20th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I'll more than likely use my real name (Andrew). I've used it in most of my games on my first playthrough (with the exception of Sapphire). I enjoy playing most games as myself but seeing as how I don't know any of the Pokémon in this game, I might opt for a whole new start and play as a female character. If I decide to do that, chances are, I'll name her Terri.

The Scarlet Devil
February 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
In my White version I used my own name (Cameron) but in Japanese. I'll just use my English name in Black, I'm really bad at thinking of any other names.

Woobat
February 20th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I'll be playing as a guy named Chris, because I've always named my character after myself.

Rathalos
February 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM
Always name my characters after myself, Jack :rambo:
I just go crazy with the names of my pokemon

Kendosis
February 21st, 2011, 11:29 AM
Either Kendosis or Ekaruce !

Forever
March 9th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I decided to go with Forever, so that it makes more sense when I eventually post in the travel journal thread. :D

Exile
March 9th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I decided to go the stuck-up fanboy route and name myself "Blake", as it sounds more appropriate for the male protagonist than Hilda, Blair, or whatever they named him.

Pwnyta Jockey
March 9th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Pokemon Black: Jazra

Have been playing as (spelling?) the girl trainer. Could have resisted. Just didn't feel like it.

Cooker
March 9th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Girl trainer: Swift
I was gonna go with Gaga but I was listening to Taylor Swift at the time and Swift just sounded legit.

Sarcastic Prince
March 9th, 2011, 10:43 PM
First of all, I chose the female character.
I named her Hilda because it's the official name that Game Freak gave her.
I only use official names for my PKMN characters.

So, in HG/SS, I named my character Lyra;
in FR, I named my character Blue (Manga name);
in R/S/E, I named my character May, and in D/P/P, I named
my character Dawn.

All of them are official names. I think that it's not right if I named other names.
It just doesn't 'fit'.

Eurydice
March 9th, 2011, 10:58 PM
in my white version i named myself Eury because Eurydice didnt fit and thats what everyone calls me anyway in my black version i will either go with Eury or kahlan or something else i havent decided yet

Beechlgz
March 9th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Just Kay... like I do with every game. Because my full name doesn't fit in the entry box...

Lie Ren
March 10th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Sho, because it's my nickname, and I lack creativity.

(..and then one of my friends decided to name his Tsutaja 'Sho' after me. It's weird when we battle. wth)

King Gumball
March 10th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I should be naming myself my real name ;) And if I choose the girl in Black than I will make up a name like I did in Diamond, even though my name is unisex.

Phototoxin
March 10th, 2011, 12:45 AM
ma name : Joseph (male) coz that's me IRL

King Goodra
March 10th, 2011, 09:53 AM
This time around, I named the character after me. Nick.

MeerFall
March 10th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Zlix as it is a mixture of alix and aliz

CoffeeWolf
March 10th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I named myself Aurora. I choose a different name each time so it's not confusing when I trade and look at the OT

WolfAlchemist
March 10th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Wolf in White. When I get Black, probably Raven. I usually use my real name or some random nickname of mine in previous games so I decided to use something different. Animal names, lol.

Matt 24
March 10th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I decided to choose my real name; Matt.

Astinus
March 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I first went with Asty on my first play through a Japanese game, since nothing else would fit and that's my name. Keeping with that, I chose the name Astinus through my two restarts of the game. Now, on my main game, my character's name is Keegan, after a character of mine for a fanfic based on B/W.

Dubberley
March 10th, 2011, 10:47 AM
i called myself dubbz because my names dubberley but they only let you use 8 letters so i have to settle with dubbz

RockHardSemi
March 10th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I always try to make a funny name with myself and my rival.

Past ones have been "Fitness defeated Obesity" and "Drugs defeated Life".

However, with the lack of a rival I failed. My plan was to be called "Games" and my rival to be "Social Life" (or SocialLife if the characters were too long). So this would then say "Games defeated Social Life", I was saddened when I wasn't able to nickname a rival however. Now I just have a stupid name...

Galukxy
March 10th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I just named myself on Pokemon White with my real name (Shaih) as I always do.

lamby101
March 10th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I'm male and I've used the name James.

My reason? I'm male and my names James :p

TheAppleFreak
March 10th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I named myself Francis, like I always do.

harig07
March 10th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Ecctric, cause my Yugitube alias is Eccentric Boy. On the Japanese Black I'm named ECBOY.

Lieutenant Unstable
March 10th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I named myself "Sabin" and I'm playing as the girl, because for oonce, the female lead is actually really, really, really, really pretty. :D

I wanted to name myself Ashe, because it's what I always name myself in video games, but I felt like being different for some reason, haha.

fer
March 10th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I had first started with the name Fer, but it wasn't exactly likable by myself so I actually went ahead and restarted Pokémon White and renamed myself Blaze. I actually choose Tepig as a starter so I knew it would look good together. I'm not quite pleased being able to use me entire name Fernando since it is more than the allowed seven characters. I find it annoying if I can't use my entire name but, oh well.

Chaos Uxie
March 10th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Well i always used names what the original names are like in HG i used Ethan,Emerald i used Brenden,and now in BW the name is Hilbert(from bulbapedia)

CptSwaggerPants
March 10th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I usually play as the guy, I'm a female but I picked the girl because I pretty much look just like her in style, and my hair and all that snuff.

I named my character Kidachy because that's my real name...instead of my nickname Ran.

Lateon
March 10th, 2011, 08:11 PM
John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt. Because his name is my name too.

XD just kidding, obviously. Shauna, because that is what I always use.

TwilightBlade
March 10th, 2011, 08:22 PM
On my Black version, I named myself Alice. I like the character from Pandora Hearts... If I get other versions, I wouldn't know what to name them, since I decided on Alice a few days before B/W. xD

WriteThemWrong
March 10th, 2011, 08:46 PM
i named myself Ash after the greatest pokemon master ever and also it was short so less time on the naming screen and more catching of them all

doredla
March 10th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Chey (my real name). It's cute, short, and I think it fits the character. ;'p Though, if I restart, I'll probably go with Mina.

solarowl
March 10th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I'm the male because I used the female in Jap. Black, I named myself Sol, because I just like that name, and I always use it.

Beloved
March 10th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I usually play as the guy, I'm a female but I picked the girl because I pretty much look just like her in style, and my hair and all that snuff.

I named my character Kidachy because that's my real name...instead of my nickname Ran.

Is Kidachy spelled that way, or Kidachi?

Anyways, I was trying to name mine Pure in Japanese, Junsui, but for some reason my mind thought it was Neza, which is Slavic for Pure, only as a female's name.

Herrzer Brechlich
March 10th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Herrzer, my usual name in games.
I usually use it for male characters, but the female lead resembles me slightly, so I figured I'd be true to my own gender this time.

Toshiro.
March 11th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I decided to just name myself after my actual name this time rather than making something up. (Mike btw)

WeegeeMan
March 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I wasn't sure what to name my character at first, so I input "Jack," which was the first name that came to my mind. I used to have a cat named Jack, but he is unfortunately deceased.

dieter57
March 11th, 2011, 02:03 PM
for my first play through of any pokemon game, i'm always named Ash.

Dreadnought
March 11th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I named myself Raitei in Pokemon White. Usually I name myself Red in the previous generations.

Speed
March 11th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I name myself after my real name, Julian.

valor555
March 11th, 2011, 02:46 PM
I named myself Cecil mainly because i love that name and have decided to name my firstborn son that when that rolls around in the distant future

shinyabsol1
March 11th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I used my real name, just like I always do.

Neiko Star
March 11th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I called myself Yin because I'm playing Black. When I restart, I'll choose the boy and name him Hei.

Spanner226
March 11th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Well, I named by character Gesso, and he is male.

It was to make my Millefiore Famiglia-based pokemon team.

So it is evident that I am a KHR fan.

Heather
March 11th, 2011, 05:16 PM
I'm going by the name of Heather. Simply because that's my name. :D

BenjiTheKid
March 11th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Since I picked the girl, I didn't use Benji like I usually do. :P I named her Alissa, simply because I've kind of always liked that name.

Kirbychu
March 11th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I thought about going with Ant Boy for the third or fourth time, but then I decided to just choose Meep.

masterfun101
March 11th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Male trainer named Icefyre - because it sounds cool and when people see that it will make them seem like I'm a good battler (which I'm not =P)

CptSwaggerPants
March 11th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Is Kidachy spelled that way, or Kidachi?

Anyways, I was trying to name mine Pure in Japanese, Junsui, but for some reason my mind thought it was Neza, which is Slavic for Pure, only as a female's name.

It is actually spelled Kidachy, not sure what it means or anything but a lot of people spell it the way you just did, I never mind.

Did you end up naming yourself Neza? I like it :)

Yusshin
March 11th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Irene.

'cause that's my name. Seems appropriate, no? At least, it makes me feel more personal with the game :< as if it really is my adventure.

King-Dragonite
March 11th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I'm playing as Mateo. That's Matt in spanish, alot of my friends call me that as a nickname.

Happy Fun Cat
March 11th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I use the name I always used, even back from Blue Red and Yellow, which is L, reason is because my friends call me either L, Lee or Mr Lee so I like it (also note I like it more since when I watched Death Note, L was just awesome *-* )

nm legend
March 11th, 2011, 07:51 PM
My name is Jose.....HOW EPIC IS THAT?!!

Conman
March 11th, 2011, 10:48 PM
On Pokemon White I used the name I usually use in games, Kahn. It is simply a more realistic variation of Conman in terms of names.
On the Japanese Pokemon Black rom I used the name Noah. I've recently started using this name on veriest things and the idea originated from a rap song's lyrics.

Shattered_Soul
March 11th, 2011, 10:54 PM
I've always used Kimmy as my name, and will continue to do so in White.

It was one of the default names in saphire and I've been using it ever since.

xeenx77
March 12th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Zenkai for pokemon black don't ask why

Rawrinism
March 12th, 2011, 12:20 AM
I named the hero 'Selina'.
She's a really good friend of mine in real life. :D

But I have no idea what to name my hero in White...

Maelstromk
March 12th, 2011, 12:53 AM
usually I come up with something more creative, but seeing Black is kinda like a "new beginning" for me, I ended up going with my name "David" lame right? ^_^

miakalina
March 12th, 2011, 01:29 AM
My name in White is July and my name in Black is August. [:

shengar
March 12th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Named after the version. Black for the boy, White for the girl

travisjb90
March 12th, 2011, 06:58 AM
I named my self Travis, because that is my real name. I always do that.

travisjb1990
March 16th, 2011, 04:11 AM
I named myself Travis because that is my real name.

.EJ
March 16th, 2011, 07:04 AM
EJ...big surprise :#

When I do a second playthrough I'll pick something else for White.

TheGoddessOfDiscord
March 16th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Nanna.

Because that's my name (Stupid parents...).

Roughsponge
March 16th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Named myself Mikey, because it's my name :)

Air Pichu
March 16th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I named my character my own name, as I always do. And yes, I picked a male trainer.

Saryka
March 16th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I named my trainer Phoenix, as I always do. I find it so awkward naming her after myself for some reason. XD;

Sora
March 16th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Named her 'Tara', after myself. I usually don't do so (I usually go by Peaches in my games), but with the theme I had going for my team, I decided that it would be more suitable if I used my real name.

Mozarch4
March 16th, 2011, 08:55 AM
same name since red and blue. Mustafa

ShinyMeowth
March 16th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Terrible name for a human, I know, but I named my character Meowth. That's the best I could come up with, I am terrible at picking things randomly.

Neizue
March 16th, 2011, 06:11 PM
My character name will be Ma(X)ie as it's always been because it has the feel of a semi-strong and knowledgable trainer :D

JustinWilliams
March 16th, 2011, 06:18 PM
JUSTIN, because it's my name. And I'm a male so I'll play as a male.

Blaziken15
March 16th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I call myself Kyle because that's my name and Hilbert looks like me.

Cresselia
March 16th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I decided to be completely original and name myself "CATH". ;D

jimmefoxx
March 16th, 2011, 06:29 PM
VinJim of course a mixture of my first and middle name adn my stagename for my band=)

Necrolium
March 16th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I named myself Lavon because I always name the hero Lavon. I do that because that is my name.

Raichupacabra
March 16th, 2011, 06:48 PM
My name in the games is Jon, and yes I'm a guy.

Lexxy
March 16th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Lexxy of course C:
[not enough characters, rage]

Mod note: Just extend the amount words in your post, filler messages count as character bypass.

MoonPoke
March 16th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I named myself MoonPok (Suppose to be MoonPoke but no more space for the E) I'm a fan of Slowpoke, so there's my name.

Zacceh
March 16th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Zacceh, as it's an old joke between me and my online buddies </nerd>. Real name is Zac. What a shock, right?

Unknown Entity
March 16th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I named myself Black, I play as the male.

My reason: I usually name myself after the games Colour scheme.

~Unknown

Twiggy
March 16th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I'm using Twiggy, because that's what I'm. Well, in PokéCommunity, that is.

Himechi
March 17th, 2011, 06:11 AM
I'm Himechi, because it's a combination of my other online nicknames (Himemiya and Jaimicchi)

Daikenki
March 17th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Named myself Brittni as I do with every other pokemon game. (Plus non pokemon games).
I am so unoriginal, I use my real name too much. ><
But I only reserve my internet persona Sujiko for extra game cartridges or for challenges..

But I like my real name because it has just the right amount of characters without going over or having spaces left. It works for everything.

Xurido
March 17th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Probably Blue. Its what ive been naming myself in-game since I first played Emerald.

CarameLeaf
March 17th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Ash :D
cuz it's my nickname and I find id funny how the main adventurer in the anime is "Ash", but I don't use pikachu. )':

Crimson5M
March 17th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Marc because it's my name.
Btw does anyone know what original means?

amberfunk
March 17th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I picked a boy and named him Azriel.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 18th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I picked the girl and named her Ashley. I've always liked the name but I haven't used it since Crystal.

twindelphine
March 18th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I chose Del (M) in Black, Setsuna (F) in White.

o3o
March 18th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I named myself Konata, after Konata Izumi from Lucky Star. x3

レイジングブラスト
March 18th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I named myself Cortez for absolutely no reason at all. It was just the first name that popped in my mind.

pokehearts
March 18th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Sirius, I play pokemon black. Get it? Sirius Black Heh Heh, Cheesy Harry Potter Reference
:)

G0D M0DE
March 18th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I named myself Datsun.
I love the cars. : p

Tonko
March 18th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I've been marathoning Top Gear, so I named my guy in White James after James May. I tend to name my characters after fandoms. My HG girl is called Zoe from Firefly, and I have a Neville in Emerald, from Harry Potter, etc.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
March 18th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I've been marathoning Top Gear, so I named my guy in White James after James May. I tend to name my characters after fandoms. My HG girl is called Zoe from Firefly, and I have a Neville in Emerald, from Harry Potter, etc.

Haha I love that you named someone after Neville! :)

LokemonBlack
March 18th, 2011, 09:59 PM
I named myself, "Ash" after you know who. ;)
download pokemon black (http://www.downloadpokemonblack.com/)

Psysaturn
March 18th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I use Saturn, and have for ever PKMN game I've played.

I honestly don't know where/when I picked up the name but I've been nicknamed Saturn (IRL) since somewhere around 3rd-5th grade. Its just what I do now. Every game that lets me enter a name for my character ends up being Saturn.

Symbol
March 18th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I named myself Symbol, since my main name is Symbol.

Jack Kentnon
March 18th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Larzix.

It's the name I made up a loooooooooong time ago fooooor... Diablo. And I've been using it ever since. Allthough, I would normally use the game color, or a mecha pilot, this time I didn't feel like it (for whatever reason).

Pwnyta Jockey
March 18th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Got Pokemon White on Tuesday. Chose to play as the girl. Again.

Named her "Juicy"...

Might (?) have been influenced by a "juicy pants" remark from television's The Big Bang Theory . Maybe I'm just getting old...

Zeffy
March 19th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Zeffy. I always name myself Zeffy, unless I'm not in the right mind.

Hikamaru
March 19th, 2011, 12:03 AM
I was called Terra in Ruby. An accident.

From Pearl up to SoulSilver, I used my real name, Nichole.

I'm getting both Black and White.

In Black I'm naming my character Rosie.
I also considered calling her Hilda, Whitlea or Ella. I chose Rosie 'cos she's my bff.

In White I'm naming my character Ben.
I also considered calling him Hilbert, Blair or Leon. I chose Ben because I chat with him on Facebook.

pokewalker
March 19th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I've always chosen the name Koen, which is my real name, to play. So I called me like that too on Pokémon Black.

Ger Japa
March 19th, 2011, 12:42 AM
The one and only: Ger :D

Hamilton
March 19th, 2011, 06:15 PM
SuperMegaSupremeChancellorOfAwesomeSocks
.. well no, i just used my own name (Collin)

Keizar
March 21st, 2011, 03:35 PM
Named myself Keizar, had used the name before in World of Warcraft, and i just tend to use too much time to figure out a new name, so i choose to go for the one from WoW i thought would sound best for this.

Zurenriri
March 21st, 2011, 03:51 PM
Usually I use "Zuri" which is obviously a shortened version of my username.

However I went with "Noire" for my Black version. Noire is French for Black, and I thought it had a nice effect. =)

Fun fact: My Emerald version's name is Silvyre, and my Yellow version's name is Expirus.

~Electrivire~
March 21st, 2011, 04:08 PM
Black=Sky(MALE): I don't know... I was thinking of Skylar, but Sky seemed cooler...
White=Dante(In Japanese):It's my real name :D
Black#2=Mitsuko(Female): My favorite girl in Battle Royale

By the way, the reason I have two black versions is because the second one is in Japanese. :P I thought 'Ah, why not buy the English too'

Sasuke.
March 21st, 2011, 04:23 PM
Brandon, after, well. Myself. ._.;

I always name my main game after myself.

pkmn-trainer-Stella
March 21st, 2011, 04:37 PM
named my OT "Stella" because I love interpol and the song 'Stella was a diver and she was always down' is one of my favorites. (:

also my pokemon are named after cartoons lol

Rocko (pikachu) - Rocko's modern life
Zero (growlithe) - The nightmare before christmas
Chomper (totodile) - Land before time 2
Luna (eevee) - sailor moon
Cleo (dratini) - pinnocio
and Magnum (charmander) is just magnum cuz it sounds like magma and he looks gangster lol

Complans
March 21st, 2011, 04:48 PM
Alex, because that's my name irl... how original of me :)

BlooMilk C.
March 21st, 2011, 04:51 PM
I named myself Bloo after my username here. No, I usually don't use the rest of my username elsewhere.

mochilicious
March 21st, 2011, 04:53 PM
Named myself Minder after my real life nickname. Pronounced Miiihn-der.

Captain Fabio
March 21st, 2011, 04:55 PM
I have gone for my normal nickname; 'Fabio'.

Hikamaru
March 22nd, 2011, 04:38 AM
In Ruby I named my character Terra.

In Pearl, Platinum and SoulSilver, I have named my character Nichole 'cos that's my real name.

When I get Black I will also plan to call her Nichole.

tjb90
March 22nd, 2011, 05:58 AM
I named myself Travis. I always name my self Travis because that is really what my name is.

Twilight-kun
March 22nd, 2011, 07:44 AM
Male: Touya
Female: Touko

is it true the name limit is now 5 characters long instead of 10?

Alternative
March 22nd, 2011, 08:12 AM
I named myself Flora, since I wanted to stray away from the "Hayley" which is what I usually call myself in the game. I don't know why I've always done that though. :/

Eurydice
March 22nd, 2011, 03:27 PM
i just named myself Kvothe (pronounced as quoth) in my Black game. i named the character after Kvothe in the kingkiller chronicle books by patrick rothfuss.

King Of The Blues
March 22nd, 2011, 03:42 PM
Kept it simple but I named myself Johnny as it's my real life nickname.

WhiteWizard
March 22nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
I named myself DJ PAULY D :):):):):)

D0N3GAN
March 26th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I named my character Hilbert as it is the Hero's name the first time around.
Now I'm playing again I've gone with my own name, Mike.

PlatinumDude
March 26th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I used my real name in my Black version, like I always have done in past games.

Autaven
March 26th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I name myself Autaven, like I usually do on all the games lol.

Devil Flamingo
March 26th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I restarded my JP Black and I'm playing as the girl. I named her Lille. :D In the previous game I played as myself (so a guy, obv.) and my name was Prinz.

BringYourOwnKites
March 26th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I named the male protagonist Roswell for Pokemon White and for Black I named the female protagonist Elliott.

Moto2014
March 26th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I'm playing under the name "Andrew" (male character). Mainly (and when i say mainly, i mean 100%) because it's my real name and I'm a male. Lol

The Nightmare
March 26th, 2011, 10:54 PM
I named my character Eve because I like that name ^^.

Misheard Whisper
March 27th, 2011, 12:38 AM
I'm sticking with Touko for authenticity. I tend to do that a lot with Pokemon games.

lazy sammich
March 27th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I always call my character RED in the Pokemon games, because when I was younger I liked to think that it was the same character journeying to each region. Then it just stuck. :P

hackerofdarkness
March 27th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Abrahan well because that's just my name :)

Shadow101thehedgehog
March 27th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I always name my character after their manga counterpart so in white version my Character (Male) is named Black.

Neiko Star
March 27th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I just restarted and chose the boy. I named him Yang because the first time, I was a girl named Yin. ;)

Blue
March 27th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Joe; cause that's my name :)

mew_nani
March 27th, 2011, 04:26 PM
In most instances, I'll name myself Nani, which was a nickname given to me by a dear friend in school. (it's also where I got part of my username from.) Before that I called myself Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) and Dixie (Donkey Kong Country 2/3) Mostly it's Nani nowadays. :D

Kazma
March 27th, 2011, 04:36 PM
It should be pretty obvious. I named myself Kazma, except... in all caps, for some reason.

dylkimaloc
March 27th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I didn't intentionally name myself this but I had pre-ordered Pokemon White and the night it was release I also bought Pokemon Black. So, I started playing Black first and my boyfriend and I decided it would be fun to have the female character named Nicki (because he like Nicki Minaj) so I named her that. I didn't intend to keep playing with that but, alas, I'm almost complete with the game and my name is Nicki. I even started with Tepig, which I would have never done because I preferred Oshawott.

lx_theo
March 27th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Elden

... was the name I picked for myself (since I play as my gender, male).

Abs0Lute.
March 27th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Ash for some strange reason...

Yurusumaji
March 27th, 2011, 05:26 PM
My trainer's name is Chocobo, because she's just that awesome.

AntiZero
March 27th, 2011, 06:17 PM
My trainer's name is Chocobo, because she's just that awesome.

:D I like this.

I usually name myself after my real name, but a couple times I've named my character Anti.

Most_W4nted
March 27th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Hmm, I think I would call my character White, following the tradition of the Manga Characters being named after colours =D

MegaSlowBro.
March 27th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I'll use Sean, which is my first name. for pokemon white.

When I play the third version as a girl I'll make up some name....I played as Eliza in Platinum and Lisa in Emerald.

Found it a bit weird that my name is on someone else's game xD

But yeah...I just put my name (Eliza) on my White version. When I get the third version I might change it to the character's original name or just put my name again d:

Aquacorde
March 27th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Black, named for the titular character of the fancomic Black Adventures. :D Also the reason I have a Tabunne named Joy. :3

Red Scizor
March 28th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Red. (After the awesome R/B protagonist)

OHM2010
March 28th, 2011, 06:20 AM
I always use my real name, Steven. Helps me get into the game more.

Red from Pallet Town
March 28th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I always names my characters after manga...zo in Yellow,LF and FR it was Red, in Crystal, HG and SS Gold, in Emerald Ruby, in Platinum Diamond and now it´s Black in White....

NeonMewtwo
March 28th, 2011, 09:23 AM
In Pokemon Black, my character is named Merlin, after the TV series, and in White, my character's name is Arthur, also from Merlin.

amberrelf
March 28th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I always just name myself Amber, cuz that's my name. lol.(:

Donimusic
March 28th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Lulzamillion - for the lulz of it, strictly for the lulz of it

beca
March 28th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I picked the smiley face, because I think it's cute and unique xD I also chose that in HG.

kissing. raindrops
March 28th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Luce in White, Ocean in Black.
Lucy is my real name, I have the nickname Luce.
And Ocean because I love that name. <3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 29th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I always give my character either my full name (Latifah) or nickname (Lati).....I chose my nickname as usual..and I always pick a female as a character

:t354:TG

Skyla The High-Flying Girl
March 29th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Ready for it's AWESHOMENESS???

Alyssa! :D

Pebblycone
April 3rd, 2011, 04:33 AM
I named myself Mai.
I don't know. I like to use Japanese names in Pokemon, (including for my team) and it means "beauty" and it sounds nice :3

Scraggiland
April 3rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
Named myself Michael in Pokémon Black because it is my real name and Mike in Pokémon White because I didn't want two with the same name.

Clairissa
April 3rd, 2011, 03:32 PM
I normally go with Clair but, I don't like the female character in B/W, mostly her hair and shorts, so I went with Chris as a male character.

PennyLayne
April 4th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Penny, simply because its alternative facebook name. (screw using my actual name on facebook).

danno 507
April 4th, 2011, 04:27 AM
I called myself Daniel...because thts my name :P
and cuz it makes it more relatable maybe?? it feels like it is me goin on an adventure :P

mprinz
April 4th, 2011, 09:08 AM
i named Tila, its my dog name ahhah

Kamitsure-chan
April 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I named myself Claire, purely because I like the name.

APokemonTrainer
April 4th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Named myself Justin in White and Gavin in Black.

Eleken
April 4th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I named myself Eleken (in all these games) because thats my name:)

Dixie Kong
April 4th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Restarted Black a few weeks ago and named myself Guy. B)

sg3360
April 4th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I always use my name, Keith, always :L

TomTime
April 4th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Since I bought both versions of the game. I name my White character Tom and my Black character Stenton.

Tom Stenton is my full name.

Joey's Rattata
April 4th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I named myself "Kamon" in Black because it's my real name. I usually name the first current-gen game I play after myself, and if I start up the other version I name them after their name in the manga.

Or if I restart I tend to do that as well...

Gothitelle.
April 4th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I named myself Amy. I think it's an awesome name.

I WAS going to restart and call myself M tho XD

nchlzk
April 4th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I named my character Riri. Guess who is she named after.

Sol Rovyn
April 4th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I name my character John in White. I haven't gotten Black yet, but I will probably pick the female protagonist and name her Sabrina after a good friend of mine.

Cherrim
April 4th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Deeeeerp. My name in Black is エリカ (erika) and my name in White is Erica. Which is just my real name. :/ After naming myself that in White I pretty much regretted it once I made it past the first city but by then it was really too late to bother resetting. I wish I'd gone with something more interesting.

Hikamaru
April 4th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I'm naming myself Nichole. It's my real name FYI This is the name I will use in Black.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
April 5th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Black- トウコ
White- ケルシー

ケルシー = Kelsey
トウコ = Touko

Eurydice
April 5th, 2011, 01:37 AM
in my newest run through of the game i named myself Kvothe. i got the name from a series of books

rstevenson1976
April 5th, 2011, 02:05 AM
I went with Beast again, if I ever get real good at battling real people it is a name all shall fear! nah just kidding, I just think it looks cool in all my pokemons' summaries

Krovvy
April 5th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I named myself Justin, because it's my name.

Blue
April 5th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I named myself Joe in Pokémon Black being that it's my actual name.

miakalina
April 5th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I restarted my White game and I named myself Xena like I did in HG, but I changed my mind and restarted again. Then, I named myself July again. I'm so indecisive. :3

GardevoirNess
April 5th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I always name my character Avvie XD Basically my Online name

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
April 5th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I named myself Azure after a character in a story I'm writing ^_^

dyenguard
April 5th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I usually use Kai, But I used to use "Mackenz" Because my real name Mackenzie will not fit XD

Thougar
April 5th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I manedmy self thougar, why? cause i call myself it in EVERYTHING!

I dont even know where it comes from, although i googled i one day, i dont remember the 1st link but i remeber the 2nd being one of my WoW posts and the 3rd being my armory page.

SonGohan
April 6th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Being the dragonball fanatic that I have always been, I named myself Gohan for my first playthrough.

Dark Piplup
April 6th, 2011, 01:21 PM
It's always been my real name. Except along time ago in the Kanto games where I used the name Red.

SaiScott
April 6th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I used my real name for my game name... dun like using fake names on games anymore...

The_Noob
April 6th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I used my real name.

Usually, I go with TheNoob (male) , or Nickie (girl character) , or Noobette (girl) , but this time, I went with Nick.

Not sure why.

Noob out.

dieter57
April 6th, 2011, 05:03 PM
it's lame i know and completely not original, but i named my guy Ash.
it's been my in-game name since yellow. sue me.

Hikamaru
April 9th, 2011, 12:11 AM
I'm naming my character Nichole (my own name) I've been using that name since playing Pearl.

Lati-Fan95
April 9th, 2011, 01:11 AM
It´s probably because I´m reading WAY too much Death Note right now but I called my chara J!^^ L, Near (N), N (Pokemon) and some more... They´re all using only one letter and they´re pretty awesome so I thought "Why don´t I just join the fun?^^"

Azure Revolver
April 9th, 2011, 01:49 AM
I made 4 files... The names were:

1. Ice Car
2. Ice
3. Ice
4. Azure

Sheriff Woody
April 9th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I named myself Cody because my name is Cody.

Neeni
April 9th, 2011, 02:05 AM
I named myself Neeno =3
using it since Diamond/Platinum

morrison
April 9th, 2011, 02:53 AM
My Name is Nero in Pokémon Black. I also called my character Nero in Sapphire :).

Equinoxe
April 9th, 2011, 02:54 AM
In my English Black, I'm using Trace (male player), and in White I'm using Violent (female player, the name is the one I most often use for female player characters, it's been in use since gen 3).
In my Jap White I'm going with Dave for the male player and in Black I'm using Solo for the female one (which again is a 'default' name I use in jap games because of the character limit).
I just noticed that I don't have any kind of default name for male characters, haha. I just pick whatever comes to mind first. I don't think I've ever used my own name in any game, much more fun to make up names :B