PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Possible "New" Pokemon

Perrie ✿
February 11th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Looking around Serebii today; this happened to catch my eye.

"CoroCoro is due anyday now with Typing Ds news as well as details on a "new" legendary Pokemon"

So, there's still 1 Pokemon left to be announced, I've always thought that 649 was an odd number :/ So this would take it to 650.

Maybe a New form of someone?

Speculate :3

Note to Forever/Kaori move to were it's appropriate if it's not worth a thread.

Ohh here; http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

The news is in small writing, normally were it says "The Wifi rooms and such are booming"

skyluigi2
February 11th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Hmm! Interesting. I'll bet it's just a new form though. :)
Or maybe the third game's mascot?

Crimson5M
February 11th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Interesting...Although if it's anything like Platinum, I'm willing to bet it's another form for Kyurem.

X Latios
February 11th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Wouldn't someone have found the sprite for this 'new' pokemon when they accessed the B&W sprites? I guess this could be one of the 'enhancements' for the 3DS also mentioned on Serebii? I'm interested to see what it is though.

Sabrewulf238
February 11th, 2011, 10:22 AM
They could be talking about one of the event legendaries, Keldeo, Meloetta or Genesect (probably Keldeo first)

Remember we're not supposed to know they exist.

Perrie ✿
February 11th, 2011, 12:55 PM
They could be talking about one of the event legendaries, Keldeo, Meloetta or Genesect (probably Keldeo first)

Remember we're not supposed to know they exist.

Eh what? D:

They were announced when all Pokemon were announced, so Obviously were supposed to know about them, I think you mean were not supposed to have them. Idk, lmao

Sydian
February 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Why would they make a new Pokemon and not have it in BW's coding though? I'm thinking this is probably just an alternate form on the way, like with Rotom and Shaymin; their new formes weren't in DP. Mew was in RBY coding, Celebi was in GSC's, etc. Just gunna go with it being a new form instead of a new Pokemon entirely.

Reeeeally hoping it's a new forme, because if it's a Pokemon, I'll be mad and have to wait til the third version to complete my challenge on White. v_v

Yukimi
February 11th, 2011, 01:09 PM
An alternate form wouldn't technically be a new Pokemon though, right?

Hoenn
February 11th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I saw this and it caught my eye too, to bring it upto 650 would be reasonable, but I think it may be an extra forme for the third game IMO but then as Yukimi said, an alternate forme woudn't be a new pokemon, it would be the same Pokémon just with a different Forme.. strange.

Porygon Z
February 11th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Well, maybe it's a completely new Pokèmon, downloadable from Wi-fi with all the datas and coding about him. And, I have a good theory on who could be.
I'll write it in spoiler, for obvious motivations.

When you first arrive in Souryuu City, after Ghetsis's monologue, you go to Iris and Drayden's house. They explain you the history of Reshiram and Zekrom. They say that the two dragons walked along with another dragon (presumably Kyurem), until they fought. Here, Drayden says that the dragon who walked along with them was also split in two dragons, to support each main dragon. So... How about this second dragon?

And, maybe in the third game there will be more backstory about them, like which supported which, etc.

Sabrewulf238
February 11th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Eh what? D:

They were announced when all Pokemon were announced, so Obviously were supposed to know about them, I think you mean were not supposed to have them. Idk, lmao

Were they announced officially though? I don't remember any coro coro featuring keldeo or meloetta....

Porygon Z
February 11th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Were they announced officially though? I don't remember any coro coro featuring keldeo or meloetta....

Of course, they're also in-game! Just they will be given in future events.
Watch this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7-7bMbSRLg)

King Gumball
February 11th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I hope it is an event pokemon, and a completely new pokemon XD

Normally forms don't take up a pokedex space, iirc, so i doubt it will be a new form.

Erufuun
February 11th, 2011, 01:47 PM
It would be awesome if they had a secret Pokemon coded into the game, completely hidden from all the hackers out there! XD
But yeah, it is more than likely one of the event legendaries, my bet on Keldeo.

MrGriszell
February 11th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Im looking on the site but i cant see where they say there will be a new pokemon

Erufuun
February 11th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Im looking on the site but i cant see where they say there will be a new pokemon

It's actually at the very top of the page, right under the heading,
"Friday: Pokémon Black & White 3DS Enhanced?"

Took me a little bit to find as well.

MrGriszell
February 11th, 2011, 01:55 PM
It's actually at the very top of the page, right under the heading,
"Friday: Pokémon Black & White 3DS Enhanced?"

Took me a little bit to find as well.

Cool thanks. I wouldnt put it pass Nintendo to add new pokemon. Think about it if you have a 3ds you can probably download an update with the new pokemon and more quest, and maybe even a new story post dex

Zhinc
February 11th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Well, maybe it's a completely new Pokèmon, downloadable from Wi-fi with all the datas and coding about him. And, I have a good theory on who could be.
I'll write it in spoiler, for obvious motivations....

WOW. That's...really weird? You might be on to something there...but then again, the story may not be literal? Maybe it's just referencing another form that people interpreted as a separate Pokemon?

Yeah, I'm guessing it's a Forme or one of the event legenaries at the end of the Pokedex.

Sydian
February 11th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Well, considering people thought the Rotom forme silhouettes were going to be new Pokemon, it's possible that this is just a forme. Should have mentioned that in my first post in this thread, haha. But yeah, I was betting on it that way, because I do remember thinking the Rotom formes were going to be new Pokemon. Instead we got Rotom formes that I adore<3

ISA56 2.0
February 11th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I hope it's a new Pokemon. It would really make my day if there was some other Pokemon, planted so far into the deep roots of the game that not even the best hacker could find. Also, it means 650 instead of 649! Yayz!

But, considering this is Pokemon we're talking about, it'll probably be a new form (Or forme? Are they gonna spell it like this again? I sure hope not.) or the 3rd Dragon, even though Kyurem seems to fit the part nicely. Either that, or it'll be in Gray. Either way, as long as it's not a Pokemon we already know about, I'll be happy.

Virtual Headache
February 11th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Of course, they're also in-game! Just they will be given in future events.
Watch this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7-7bMbSRLg)
That's not an official announcement. The last three Pokémon were never announced. It's just that people managed to extract all the sprites and modified the game so they could catch them.
I'm pretty sure it's one of them. Hence the "new" in the announcement made by Serebii.

MrGriszell
February 11th, 2011, 02:58 PM
If it is one of the event pokemon id be kinda upset. They should word it better instead of saying its a new pokemon

wait i was reading this

The official Japanese Pokemon movie website has updated with a countdown clock which will reveal a new Legendary Pokemon on February 15th. This new Pokemon will star with Victini and Zekrom in Victini and the Dark Hero: Zekrom. The only "new" Pokemon are Black and White's hidden Legendary Pokemon Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect, and since it's too early for new forme changes to be revealed, it will obviously be Keldeo, the fourth and additional member of Virizion, Terrakion, and Cobalion's trio.
Since CoroCoro magazine will be released on the 15th, we can assume it will reveal the "new" Pokemon as well. Scans of the magazine will likely leak a day or two before its official release which means we should have confirmation of the announcement and perhaps a teaser of Keldeo's role in the movie in only a few days from now.

maybe this is what they meant

bobandbill
February 11th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I do seriously doubt it would be an completely new Pokemon - after all even if they put coding for it in the evnt... generally such things _need_ coding in the game for it to be supported - see how D/P could not support the new formes for Rotom/Giratina for instance, and I doubt they would make any downloadabl Pokemon come complete with coding, that'd be a fair amount of effort and potentially tricky to implement (not just the sprite, but their movesets, general information, even Pokedex entries...). Note that special moves for Pokmon like the one speculated to the the mascot for a potential third game has moves already programmed into its moveset which it cannot currently learn anyway, so they tend to put stuff in advance in the games (even stuff that doesn't end up being used - see the Azure Flute in D/P). And if people found stuff like that they surely would have found out if another extra Pokemon was in there or not - people hack these games fairly extensively, so I do doubt it's one everyone has missed.

Far more likely imo it is an event Pokemon, because they not officially announced (it took them years to 'officially' announced Arceus for instance). It'd make sense too - it'd promote the sales of a spin-off game if someone can get a rare Pokemon from it that they cannot get any other way bar trading.

MrGriszell
February 11th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Guys im thinking it is an event pokemon
take a look at his from bulbapedia

like Darkrai and Shaymin before it, Arceus was not officially recognized by Nintendo until February 2009, the year of its debut movie. It was later revealed by the official site on August 3rd, 2009. the game came out in 06
so even tho we know about the event legendary it doesn't count . i guess Nintendo doesn't recognize its underground info

PlatinumDude
February 11th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Even though Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect were already revealed prior to B/W's release, I think that Serebii is referring to one of them as the possible "new" Pokemon because they haven't been released yet.

Sabrewulf238
February 11th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Oooh I know!

Maybe it'll be the "3D pokemon species" and will be the only pokemon viewable in 3D while playing the 3DS :P

Draknir
February 11th, 2011, 04:33 PM
"CoroCoro is due any day now with Typing DS news as well as details on a "new" legendary Pokémon."

Note that new is in quotation marks, thereby indicating that it is sarcasm. Its just going to be Keldeo, Meloetta, or Genesect. There isn't going to be an actual new Pokémon that wasn't in Black and White, just one that hasn't been officially revealed.

Gumball Watterson
February 11th, 2011, 04:42 PM

Not possible. The engine and coding for Pokemon games are completely compiled and ROM'd hard on the game cart. It's not possible to edit the code at any moment to fit Nintendo or the people's needs, and therefore why ROM hacking exists and namely its name.

e: Actually, there won't be a new Pokemon at all >__> it'll just be an announcement of one of the Pokemon we already know.

The 100 Mega Shock
February 11th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Well, maybe it's a completely new Pokèmon, downloadable from Wi-fi with all the datas and coding about him.

And where would the game store this data? The cartridge has a very small amount of flash memory which is taken up by your character's save data. No other data can be stored on the cartridge.

Forever
February 11th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I honestly don't think it'll be new. Why bring in a brand new Pokemon NOW? I mean sure, Genosect etc would make sense, but a completely new Pokemon nobody knows just to coincide with a movie, rather than a game... I don't see it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 11th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I think it will be Keldeo as they will most likely save Genosect after the other event legendaries have been revealed like they did with Deoxys and Arceus in gen 3 and 4 respectively but a truly new pokemon would have been cool...

Jak
February 11th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'm betting on Kerudio as well. I want my water polo pony now please.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 11th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I remember once that the owner of Serebii speculated that Keldeo might appear in this movie...guess he might have been right...

Tropical Sunlight
February 11th, 2011, 11:13 PM
You people do realize the coding of the "new" Pokemon might be hidden and stored by pieces?
I'm a ROM hacker, I know Game Freak has done much of that. In Gen III games, at least.

Or it could be a Grey-exclusive Pokemon, which can't be traded to Black & White?

Or after all, it could also be Keldeo, Meloetta or Genosect. We'll see.

vaporeon7
February 11th, 2011, 11:18 PM
It'll just be one of the event legendaries. It will probably be Keldeo.

bobandbill
February 12th, 2011, 12:09 AM
You people do realize the coding of the "new" Pokemon might be hidden and stored by pieces?
I'm a ROM hacker, I know Game Freak has done much of that. In Gen III games, at least.But why would they hide that, and why would it have evaded detection thus far from anyone?

IDK all the hidden things they found in B/W but given that the found things to the level of detail in Diamond/Pearl such as knowing there were two slots in coding for Pokemon to come from a 'Johto region' in their location met part of the status screen despite no Pokemon at the time being able to come from Johto, I find it hard to believe that they managed to hide anything that went unmissed by all the rom hackers out there these days who have found out for instance moves that certain legendaries are able to have yet do not yet appear in its current movepool, along with all the sprite animations and so forth.

At any rate history shows that each time a 'new Pokemon' is announced during a gen (not the times a new gen is announced and all obviously), it turns out to be an event Pokemon. That and what AdvancedK47 said - a download of a new Pokemon that has no coding for it in the game would be very hard to implement, imo.

Tropical Sunlight
February 12th, 2011, 12:38 AM
But why would they hide that, and why would it have evaded detection thus far from anyone?
Really, why would they do that?
Because even with analyzing the ROM and reverse-engineering it's hard to find the new Pokemon. They just hid the data from hackers, and it's not normally accessible.

This is just specualtion and nothing of this has to be real.

The Red Chain
February 12th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Eh, like most I doubt it's a new Pokemon. They put quotations around new, as if to say "something new, but nothing BRAND new". A new form for someone would be really awesome to see though, so I'm kinda hoping that comes out. <3 I have a feeling it's either Kyurem or Victini that'll get this possible new form. If I remember correctly, there were two or three Pokemon appearing in Victini's movie that hadn't been revealed yet. This'll prolly end up like Giratina's movie, where two of the "new" Pokemon ended up being Shaymin and Giratina's forms.

This is just my own thought though haha.
Game wise, it'll end up just like Platinum in the third game.. but I don't have a problem with that personally. <3

Hoenn
February 12th, 2011, 04:08 AM
But if we know there's 649 Pokemon and they've all been revealed, how could it be a legendary that's been revealed? It's probally an extra forme or something.

Tropical Sunlight
February 12th, 2011, 04:56 AM
But if we know there's 649 Pokemon and they've all been revealed, how could it be a legendary that's been revealed? It's probally an extra forme or something.
Because the last three haven't been officially revealed. We know they exist because we cheated to get them/reverse engineered the game.

GlitchCity
February 12th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I kinda ruled out this possibility, like 2 days ago, literally. I though it seemed odd for it to end on 649, why not go the extra mile? I will be even happier if this is true and it turns out to be the 3rd mascot. :D

trevman727
February 12th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I would love a different Kyuremu form so that's what I'm rooting for. I mean Kyuremu doesn't look bad but his neck is reaally long. :/

Khrysta
February 12th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Looking over the news that came out for today, I think its safe to say there isn't a new Pokemon being added this late in the session. The only thing CoroCoro seems to have on it is news about a new Movie that seems to Mirror one already being released. Namely Victini and the Light Hero (new) and Victini and the Dark Hero.

Its again, highly doubtful that there is a "New" Pokemon coming in this late. What they may mean is as everyone else said, Kelodu, Meleotta, or Genesect as none of these Three have officially been released and none of them have Official Art.

MrGriszell
February 14th, 2011, 04:27 PM
LOL it was just reshiram being revealed for the movie...all well was kinda hoping it was a new pokemon

Kaori
February 14th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Heh, Reshiram wasn't really expected in any of my theories for a "new" legendary, or forme. owo; Well now that we know the news is really meant to be as stated, I'm going to go ahead and put a lock on this speculation. But if you want to discuss the movie further, do so in the movie thread for Victini and the Light Hero; Reshiram (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=243075).

Locked.