PDA

View Full Version : Berries?

skyluigi2
February 11th, 2011, 10:39 AM
So, what's your opinion of the III Gen berries?
Useful, or a waste of time? :)

-Cygnus-
February 11th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I think the in battle ones can be useful... Too bad they don't have a berry above sitrus for HP.

I've never really used the contest system, so Pokeblock berries just take up space haha. For growing them, isn't there really only one good patch? I guess my opinion of them overall would be kinda superficial; nice, but they're more of a gimmick.

Hoenn
February 11th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Yeah I found the berries in Gen III helpful :)

sab
February 12th, 2011, 07:30 AM
I had to spend a loooot of time with them to get that fourth trainer card star. I think that it's a nice system that is very fun, and adds an extra challenge. The only thing I don't like is how you have to use them to get a milotic. I think that if a person doesn't like the berry system, they shouldn't have to use it. I also love them for EVing purposes.

skyluigi2
February 12th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I pretty much used them for Pokeblocks. For some reason, I never attached berries to my Pokemon. I have no idea why!

GlitchCity
February 12th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I like them, they have helped me a lot with training. But I think the best part about berries is the berry hunting. I like to see berry trees all over the route. Hoenn is eco-friendly :]

PlatinumDude
February 13th, 2011, 05:00 AM
I agree that the berries in Gen III were useful because you don't have to waste a turn to use an item to cure status by having the Pokemon hold the berry.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
February 15th, 2011, 07:25 AM
The ones that cure status problems were useful. The HP-restoring ones, not so much since Sitrus Berry only healed 30HP back then... not nearly enough for high-level battles.

I think I found Lum, Persim, and Chesto berries the most useful.

fenyx4
February 16th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I felt the Gen 3 Berries were very useful; especially the Lum (alleviates status conditions) and Leppa Berries (restores the PP of moves). RSE Contests were the best incarnation, IMO, that the developers have produced so far. I just wish that the Contest Condition influenced by the PokeBlocks was somehow reversible...

The berries that boost stats in a pinch are awesome, except the suckish part is that a lot of them are hard to obtain in Generation 3, such as the Speed-boosting Salac Berry. The EV berries are freakng awesome as well, in case one makes a mistake while EV-training Pokemon.

Pika-power
February 24th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Leppa berries are so useful cause they act as an exlir or ether

Ctrl.Alt.Geak
February 24th, 2011, 05:31 PM
It think the in-battle ones are great since you dont have to waste a turn, plus they're free!
Plus Milotic is one of my favourite Gen III Pokemon so I really need berries if I wanna get a one.