PDA

View Full Version : Born This Way tops iTunes in 22 countries

KitKat13
February 11th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Aside from having the fastest selling debut on (US) iTunes ever in 3 hours, Lady Gaga’s ‘Born This Way’ has just broken another record. The song has reached #1 on the iTunes charts in twenty-two countries in just twenty-four hours! More exciting records expected to be broken soon!

What do you think of Born This Way?

Azonic
February 11th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Lady Godga is here. Born To Slay.

For the record its still a good while from the 24 hour mark lol.

Kyoko
February 11th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I'm probably going to get a bunch of hate for this, but I really don't think it's THAT great. I like her other songs like Bad Romance, Alejandro, and Poker Face better. Who knows, it might grow on me eventually, but as of right now i'm really not feeling it.

Cherrim
February 11th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I'm probably going to get a bunch of hate for this, but I really don't think it's THAT great. I like her other songs like Bad Romance, Alejandro, and Poker Face better. Who knows, it might grow on me eventually, but as of right now i'm really not feeling it.
Same here. :( I made a point of listening to it fairly quickly after I got up today (wasn't gonna stay up to hear it) and I was pretty disappointed considering all the hype that led up to its release.

Ah well.

Saryka
February 11th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I wasn't impressed with the song either. :/ Given the massive hype it got leading to today, I thought it was actually kind of a letdown.

KitKat13
February 11th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I still think the lyrics are very cheesy, but it's a good track, good melody, definitely getting a MAJOR 80s vibe from this. I can see the Madonna comparisons. I don't think this is as strong as Bad Romance or even most of the songs on The Fame Monster, but it's pretty decent and I'm sure it'll be a hit. She did well with including a little more of a 'message' to her music while still maintaining the dance sound that made her popular in the first place. It's not groundbreaking, but it's solid. I do like that it's a little different than the current dance trend on CHR radio.

And just wow at the radio updates. This will be top 10, even top 5 in no time. And Billboard is expecting it to debut at 1 in Hot 100.

In all seriousness, I think this will do as the first single, but I do hope there are better songs on the cd. I think there will be especially since this wasn't even slated as the first single. It is still fun seeing her dominate the HELL out of the world though ha ha.

Forever
February 11th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I don't really like it. The song seems like it's meant to be inspirational, and with all the Gagaisms (like voiceovers at the start etc) in there and how the song sounds itself, it's just... weird. :(

Lyrics are okay, though.

KitKat13
February 11th, 2011, 07:39 PM
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/2516/adaddsds.jpg

Gaga, slaying records. :)

I'm really looking forward on her Grammy Performance.

Meganium
February 12th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I think the lyrics were amazing, but I kinda have mixed feelings with the sound in general. But overall it's a great song in my honest opinion.

Zvezda
February 12th, 2011, 06:41 AM
I love it. I actually bought in on iTunes... I've never done that before! But I had to support Gaga. <3 It has managed to lift my mood during an awful week for me that included two death anniversaries, and I wish I could thank Gaga personally for writing it, because as cheesy as it is, it's doing it's job. Born to slay, indeed! <3

Azonic
February 12th, 2011, 06:45 AM
http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10songs.html

The Top 10 has never looked better.

Zvezda
February 12th, 2011, 06:55 AM
^ Get it, Godga! So proud right now. :')

Amore
February 12th, 2011, 07:31 AM
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/2516/adaddsds.jpg

Gaga, slaying records. :)

I'm really looking forward on her Grammy Performance.

And that image just proves how dismal the music charts are...I've never really like Lady Gaga, but even I thought this was disappointing considering all the hype. A bit like most good things - over-hyped so much that it can never live up to our expectations.

Derezzed
February 13th, 2011, 07:04 AM
I adore Gaga and am so happy that she's broken so many records <3 I like the song but it is not my favourite by a long shot and I was slightly disappointed what with all the hype surrounding it.

cullen95
February 13th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Compare this song to songs like Firework and We R Who We R. Its so much better and I don't think the lyrics are cheesy at all. Your fav's could never

seeker
February 13th, 2011, 12:02 PM
This album could not have come out at a better time, to be quite frank. Look at the drab music the idustry is dishing out, it's no surprise Gaga managed to get to the top. Gaga is doing for this generation what Madonna did for hers, she was bound to slay the rather sub-par pop music of today, regardless of how good or bad her newest album is.

Haza
February 13th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I love GaGa but this song hasnt moved me and it reminded me of Express Yourself before I knew that's what it reminded me of...

KitKat13
February 15th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Lady Gaga officially announced Born This Way became the 1000th song to top the Billboard Hot 100. We're not sure yet, but the queen herself confirmed it. :)

Way to go, Gaga! just 3 days of airplay omg. mother slayer, godga.

Weeaboo Name
February 15th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Is it odd that I haven't even heard the song?

Alli
February 15th, 2011, 11:30 AM
This song pulls me out of the gutter and makes me feel like a superstar when I look like a crapfest. Thank you, Lady Gaga.

I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive.

Esper
February 15th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I heard this song the other day. I don't really see what makes it such a #1 song other than Gaga's popularity or what Gav said that the pop music world is in a pitiful state and she's striking at an opportune moment. But I guess if people like it then good for them.

bOxieLiciOus
February 16th, 2011, 01:56 AM
i am so happy for mother monster. fuu~

cOngratulatiOns, bOrn this way is bOrn to slay. my anthem.. <3

Firework.
February 17th, 2011, 08:47 AM
For everyone who didn't like it, listen to it 5 times in a row. You will be addicted, I promise. I hated it too at first. But my friend told me to listen to it a couple times and it grew on me and I love it.

On a side-note, "Same DNA...but Born This Way."

@Lapras: No. It hasn't even been out for a week.

GirlieNinjaRose
February 19th, 2011, 06:14 AM
I'm so proud of Mother Monster, what a success! I'm sure Born This Way, the album itself, would be a masterpiece, that surely everyone would remember in the future.

DustyFray
February 26th, 2011, 10:56 PM
another horrid pop song by another horrid pop singer.

Really, all these pop songs on the radio are basicly all the same song, just mixxed up diffrently.

I understand a few pop songs, like ones that dont have abused techno beats, or sing about drugs/guys/girls/abuse/things they should never put into songs/ect.

Kuromi
February 27th, 2011, 08:49 AM
When I heard this song it didn't feel like Gaga, but it grew on me. Though it did remind me of Express Yourself.

moments.
February 27th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Honestly, I'm not that much a fan of this song... If it comes on the radio, I will listen to it and sing along where I know the lyrics, but otherwise I feel like it is just weak... It is by no means anything special at all to me. It is sort of predictable, but doesn't have like strong vocals/melody to make it a real hit for me...

Still a good song, just way overhyped.

Manila Luzon
February 27th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I really love the song and such ~ But I don't see why people should be surprised, it's GaGa's trend, they'll hype up an upcoming single and once it's out people will go crazy for it, once a GaGa song comes out; it goes to Number 1 almost all of the time. :c

HinaBaby
February 27th, 2011, 11:44 PM
This is the new Gaga, showing us what she can still do other than electronic pop hits such as Poker Face, Just Dance and Bad Romance. Way to go Gaga, I am hoping to hear more of Born This Way.