PDA

View Full Version : DBZ Budokai1,2,3.

mew42003
December 6th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Anyone here have DBZBudokai1,2,or3?I do. :\

Ryoutarou
December 6th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Wrong section, this should go to the games area, so I'll go ahead and move it.

mew42003
December 6th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Thank you!XD.(Message to short)

Intuition
December 6th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Yeah I have Budokai 1 and 2.. I think Budokai 1 is better :) I don't like the graphic style of 2

Scyther5
December 6th, 2004, 01:09 PM
I have 2 and have played 1 alot. I really want to get Budokai 3 for christmas, it has like 40 different playable characters.

Neon Methodis
December 6th, 2004, 01:54 PM
same here
{Message to Short YEAAAA!}

Timbjerr
December 6th, 2004, 02:01 PM
I don't own any of the Budokai games, but I've played them before. They are pretty cool, and I'm not even a big fan of DBZ.

Rubberbandman
December 6th, 2004, 02:12 PM
I have 1 and 2,but don`t plan on getting 3.I`ll just play it with my friend

BladeForever
December 6th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Yeah I have all 3 of Them. I admire Budokai 1 for it's movie scenes and 3D graphics.. Though I guess Cel-Shaded brings forth the l00ks of the anime. IMO, B3 has murdered the other previous Budokai games by a long shot. With 500+ capsules 40+ characters *currently has all characters and transformations but 72% of the capsules. >_<* The game is not bad. I've been collecting DBZ games for many years now and this blows away more than half of them. 9/10 *stops self from getting too into the topic* You gotta love fast speed fighting games. o.O

~Blade~

Roxas
December 6th, 2004, 03:01 PM
I have Budokai 1, 2, and 3. I just got Budokai 3 yesterday! OMG! It's so awesome. It's just like the anime, to me. You can do anything that I can think of, that happens in the anime!

EDIT: I forgot to say this: Each character has their own Ultimate Attack. When you do that attack correctly, it's like the game kicks into awesome graphics mode XD They show kinda like a mini scene that's freakin awesome. Like when you do Big Bang Attack with Vegeta, correctly, it's like 15 seconds of an awesome explosion

Kuharido
December 6th, 2004, 07:39 PM
There good I haven't gotten three yet I hope that the Saiyan overdrive mode turns out to be good.

Elite Trainer Raven
December 7th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Have all three. Budokai 3 is easily the best one of the three. If I had to rate 'em..

Budokai 3 > Budokai 1 > Budokai 2

Seriously, Budokai 2 was the worst. The graphics and added characters were nice. But Dragon World was the WORST mistake ever. Budokai 3 doesn't have Budokai 1's Story Mode, but Dragon Universe is so much better than Dragon World and is close enough to Story Mode.

Pogiforce-14
December 7th, 2004, 03:40 AM
There good I haven't gotten three yet I hope that the Saiyan overdrive mode turns out to be good.

Don't know what you're talking about. They have Hyper Rush and Dragon Rush modes, if that is what you're tlaking about, but it's not exclusive to the saiyans.

I'm really loving Budokai three though. Dragon Universe is awesome, and much better than 2's or 1's story mode. And it has many more playable characters.
All the Gohans are there, Goku, Kid Goku, Uub, All teh Buus, Dabura, Vegeta, Majin Vegeta, Gogeta, Vegeto, Tiencha, Gotenks, Supreme Kai, Trunks, Kid Trunks, Androids 16, 17, 18, and 20 (gero),Nappa, Raditz, Bardock, Freiza (in all his stages this time), Cell, Broly, Cooler, Metacooler, Videl, Hercule, Krillin, And Yamcha.

They also have many new battlefields. They brough back the explodable battlefields too. Inside Buu, Archapelego, City from Trunks Movie

Elite Trainer Raven
December 7th, 2004, 04:17 AM
The commercial pulled a term out of their arse. It's not Saiyan Overdrive Mode. It's Hyper Mode. :| Basically the fighter bursts into a flare of ki energy and their ki slowly starts to deplete. During this time, normal attacks don't seem to have much of an effect on the character unless it's a move that would knock 'em over. If you manage to knock back your opponent and hit the ki blast button (O) while in Hyper Mode, you engage in Dragon Rush mode.

Similar to previous moves in B2, where both players would press a button and if they were different an attack would be successful, you get three chances. Say if you got all three in your favor, first you charge at the foe and slam 'em into the background. Then you fly into their direction beat the living tar out of them. Then finally you either finish them off with a kick to the stomach, rapidly fire of ki blasts (ala Vegeta's Renzokukidan from the Saiyajin Saga), or charge up one large blast and send it in there direction (these vary from different characters). If you happen to have an Ultimate Move skill equipped, rather than the final move being executed, your character preforms their most powerful attack, like Vegeta's Big Bang Attack or Goku's Warp Kamehameha.

If you and your opponent manage to get the same buttons pressed, the attack's first hit is dodged and they're sent hurling into the ground from a counter attack. If you manage to win the first button press but your opponent gets it on the next one, the two fighters engage in a kick flurry of punches and kicks and end up on the ground on their feet after pushing eachother aside. If the first two are in the attacker's favor but the third isn't, the defensive character is smacked towards the ground but lands on their feet and quickly jumps back to avoid the attacker and it resumes into regular play.

Pogiforce-14
December 7th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Yes, that is all very true. YOu should also mention the new beam struggles. If both players launch beam attacks of the same strength such as a simple kamehameha, then teh two attacks woudl collide and you would have to wiggle the joy stick as fast as you can in order to overwhelm your opponent's attack.

They also have what they call Teleport and Persue. If while in teh air you knock back your opponent, push forward and O and you'll warp behind them and knock them flying in teh other direction. This is called a pursue. This can be done up to four times consecutively, but each time it costs a large chunk of Ki and your opponent gets a large chunk of Ki every time he is hit in this way.

Teleport is very similar, but it may be performed in both the air and on the ground. Forward X allows you to teleport behind them and coutnerattack any powerful move they do, with it be a simple knock back attack to a special. If the attack is not strong enough, pressing X provides a simple dodge. Both the Teleport and the Pursue can have teleport used on them if the user is fast enough and has enough Ki to execute it. I recall in one fight I teleported then the opponent teleported then I teleported again. :D

What I don't like is the limited number of characters for Dragon Univers, considering that means you get breakthrough for those characters only and those characters are the only ones who recieve power boosts since they can level up.

The graphics are teh same as budokai 2, the fighitng system is greatly upgraded, and the attacks are much more impressive. if you perform an ultimate attack and it pans out so you can see the explosion outside the Planet's atmosphere, be prepared to return to a trashed battlefield. :D

Elite Trainer Raven
December 7th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Actually, you CAN get everyone's Breakthrough in the game. Just that you can't do it for everyone through Dragon Universe. There's other methods of getting Breakthrough.

The graphics really aren't the same as B2's. They're cleaner and neater and the effects are a helluva lot better (I love the new effect they used for ki flares).

About beam struggles, it only works when both players preform that at the exact same time.

Btw, didju know Kid Goku was supposed to have a Dragon Universe story, but it never made it in the final version? ;-; I would've loved if they kept it in.

Pogiforce-14
December 7th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Didn't know that. :\

I figured though there ahd to be another way to get breakthorugh somewhere, especially since I just rescently got the black Skill Shop membership card. And it says you can buy any/all skills, which implies a lot.

BladeForever
December 7th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Didn't know that. :\

I figured though there ahd to be another way to get breakthorugh somewhere, especially since I just rescently got the black Skill Shop membership card. And it says you can buy any/all skills, which implies a lot.

Indeed there is 1 method. (I have yet to find any other possible ways) You must first get the 11 Breakthroughs for the 11 characters that can actually be played in Dragon Universe. After you do so, you must obtain all the Ultimate moves possible, thus triggering ''Baba Crystal Ball 000'' Buy that and you can purchase ''Baba Crystal Ball 001'' Finally... after you do that you now have access to all the Breakthroughs for the other characters. I'm stuck at 79%.. Haven't played much. x_x

~Blade~

Scyther5
December 7th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Question~ Does anyone know if they've incorperated the solar flair into B3? Thats one of my favorite moves besides Burning Attack, and if they added it like a Solar Flair Kamehaha that would be pretty sweet.

Elite Trainer Raven
December 7th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Nope. Taioken (Solar Flare) isn't in the game.

mew42003
December 8th, 2004, 05:01 PM
But SS4 is.Anyone want a cheat for budokai 2?Just go to the skill shop and hold the L1 and L2 buttons in the skill shop.Don't buy anything and leave then your skill pecent will be higher!Repeat this until u have 100%!I have 99%.

Pogiforce-14
December 9th, 2004, 03:39 PM
I've heard of that one before. It does work.

I want to know how to get Brawly, Cooler, And Omega Shenron in Budokai 3. Them, 16, and Supreme Kai are the only characters I have left to unlock.

Scyther5
December 9th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Omega Shenron: In Goku DU, after beating Brolly for second time a new red dot will appear, go there to fight ultimate villain, Omega Shenron, beat to unlock, also you will SSJ4 fusion.

Brolly: Beat Brolly the second time through as Goku

Cooler: After beating Frieza, look under him for SS Vegeta. Beat him and Vegeta will tell you about him. Go to Cooler's red mark and beat him.

Pogiforce-14
December 9th, 2004, 03:52 PM
That's funny though. I fought cooler on namek. I didn't get him. And I have nver fought brawly in Dragon universe. :\

Scyther5
December 9th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Sorry, thats just what I got off IGN. I'd help more if I had the game, but I don't yet...

Pogiforce-14
December 9th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Oh well. Thank though for telling me how to get cooler.

Scyther5
December 9th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Sure no prob, hey can you tell me is Uub any good? I'd like to play him if hes any good.

Pogiforce-14
December 9th, 2004, 04:46 PM
he only has two moves but he doesn't kid around with his feirce fury attack. he's a mean little booger! :D

Scyther5
December 9th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Only two?! Do you mean you only have two for him or he only has two skills period... x_x

Pogiforce-14
December 9th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Period. I ahve his breakthrough, and teh only moves he knows are called Ki Cannon and Feirce Fury.

Scyther5
December 9th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Crap, ah well. I'll stick with Trunks and Piccolo (my favorite chars), but defentaly try Brolly and the new SS4 best. If Im as good on budokai 3 as I am on 2 with Vegita..man it will be awsome.
I also hear theres like over 400 or 500 capsules.

ShadowCharizard
December 9th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Yeah, SS4 pwns!!! (esp. with my Veggie!) lol! I've got all 3 games (they r MINE), even though im not as good as my bro, but hes always playing his xbox, anyway... >.<;;
http://img88.exs.cx/img88/5670/itolduhecamefromheaven5yt.jpg

Scyther5
December 9th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Yeah, Vegita is pretty awsome his son too *wink wink*(specialy teen trunks). What is the bonuses you get from attack % deffense, ect... for going SSJ4?

Elite Trainer Raven
December 9th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Lemme tell ya, just because a character has two moves doesn't mean they suck. Nearly every short character is freakin' broken. Nothing like giving Uub multiples of his two moves to power them up, or powering up Kid Goku's Jan-Ken-Po attack. Hell, the fact that Kid Goku has one of the most awesome Ultimate Attacks is lethal enough. @_o

Scyther5
December 9th, 2004, 07:48 PM
I never said he "sucked", as far as I know he could be the best character in the game. Just not as colorful as I would have liked, but I never said he sucked.

Elite Trainer Raven
December 9th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Just saying cause I've heard nothing but "wat?! 2 move only?!?! he sux!!11" from various other boards. >>

mew42003
December 10th, 2004, 04:57 PM
I just got Uub yesterday!WOOT WOOT!

Pogiforce-14
December 10th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Well I got Cooler now.

I really like Uub. I wasn't kidding when I said his Feirce Fury is mean. :D

You want to know somethign that pawns seriously in Budokai 3? Try ssj4 Goku , enter hyper mode, punch the opponent four times and then do 10X kamehameha. Chain it into Dragon Rush. If you hit the opponent successfully, you'll do 3687 damage, over 3 1/2 health bars. and even if you don't pull off Dragon Rush successfully, 10X kamehameha still does one health bar all on it's own. :D

Elite Trainer Raven
December 10th, 2004, 09:15 PM
The strongest character is Super 4 Gogeta. Fuse into him and use his 10x Big Bang Kamehameha attack. Drains 2 life bars off the opponent. Then use the 100x Big Bang Kamehameha death move. Drains 3 and half bars off the opponent. Problem is that you end up wasting your fusion time when you go into Hyper Mode.

BladeForever
December 11th, 2004, 06:49 AM
I just went up to 78% of the capsules... <_< All I need is to get everyones Ultimate moves/breakthroughs, and etc.. The characters and transformations I have covered as said a bit ago. Ehh, I was never a fan of Uub... especially this DBZ Ubb you use. >_< (if only it was at least the GT one) I admit he's an ok character to use, but he doesn't interest me in battle.

~Blade~

mew42003
December 11th, 2004, 09:11 AM
I got Super Dragon Fist for Kid Goku.I used it against Piccolo.

Elite Trainer Raven
December 11th, 2004, 10:38 AM
I don't even know why they called it the Super Dragon Fist when it has nothing to do with Goku's Ryuuken. o_O They should've called it something else. But besides that, the attack is awesome.

mew42003
December 17th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Yeah...True.That is really awesome!XD!I can use SSJ4 Vegeta now!Cause I used SSJ4 Gogeta fusion.

Pogiforce-14
December 19th, 2004, 03:00 PM
sj4 gogeta lasts for only 15 seconds, but during that time you can use big bang kamehameha. SSJ4 gogeta alsohas teh highest atk %, 180%.

Toothache
December 19th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Anyone got an easier tip for earning money apart from beating the World Tournament mode over and over (I use Krillin + Sparking! + Viral Heart Disease + Vaccine for this, it pwns).

Pogiforce-14
December 19th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I find plenty of zenie in DU. I once found 27,000 zenie in one place.

Toothache
December 19th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I should start going through more DUs (I still need to get some of the 'Memories of...' capsules). I'm currently going through World Tournament to buy up the Breakthroughs at the moment, currently on 63% capsule complete. I figure I'll get all the expensive stuff first, then all the cheap stuff will be easy.

BladeForever
December 19th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Anyone got an easier tip for earning money apart from beating the World Tournament mode over and over (I use Krillin + Sparking! + Viral Heart Disease + Vaccine for this, it pwns).

Well if your going to use Viral Heart Disease + Vaccine... How about this...

Cooler/Frieza:

Cooler/Frieza's Space Ship + Sparking!!!

You wont have any death moves but this will increase your money by 60% and if you die you will be revived completly. Use in Advance or Cell Games. (better in Cell Games unless your the type that likes to knock opponents out of the arena) You could also use better sparkings but that would only take away your spaceship. I would just equip Sparking!!!!!!! for The 2 tournys I mentioned to get 250,000 for each tourny win. (works best if you find the tournament easy)

Anyways.. I have not found a better way..

~Blade~

Toothache
December 19th, 2004, 04:01 PM
The main problem I have with the World Tournament is not from losing health (although Omega Shenron still bats me around like a pingpong ball when he pops up), but usually losing to ring outs. My mastery of teleporting is only so-so, and of course it costs Ki to use, something which most characters have a lot of.

Just for a laugh, and to improve my skill without being able to teleport, I use Hercule. He actually works pretty well, assuming he has a couple of moves to use (Rolling Hercule Punch works great, and it's hard for the CPU to counter I've noticed).

mew42003
December 19th, 2004, 04:03 PM
But SSJ4 Vegeta can use Final Shine Attack.When I do the Regular Gogeta fusion,I like to make Him Fat. *Laughs*:laugh: :laugh:

BladeForever
December 19th, 2004, 04:06 PM
The main problem I have with the World Tournament is not from losing health (although Omega Shenron still bats me around like a pingpong ball when he pops up), but usually losing to ring outs. My mastery of teleporting is only so-so, and of course it costs Ki to use, something which most characters have a lot of.

Just for a laugh, and to improve my skill without being able to teleport, I use Hercule. He actually works pretty well, assuming he has a couple of moves to use (Rolling Hercule Punch works great, and it's hard for the CPU to counter I've noticed).

If that's the case.. Unlocking Cell Games from Dragon Arena is your friend. No ring out in Cell Games. ^_^ (as said above) That should solve your money problem.. 75,000 Zenny for each breakthrough and if you win with the Sparking!!!!!!! you will gain 250,000 each tourny win. That means you can buy 3 Breakthroughs after a win. (225,000 for 3)

mew42003
December 19th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Wow!Now thats a lot of Zenny!

Toothache
December 19th, 2004, 04:08 PM
How do you unlock the Cell Games anyway?

BladeForever
December 19th, 2004, 04:15 PM
How do you unlock the Cell Games anyway?

You must defeat Cell in Dragon Arena Once he breaks in. If I remember correctly... I faught characters 2wice my lvl. (basically fight the highest lvl opponents you can in Dragon Arena) I was lvl 20+ BTW, give me the password to 1 of your characters please.. Train them and let me at emm. I wanna see how strong peeps characters are on very hard. ^_^ (seeming as I only had a few difficulties in very hard)

~Blade~

mew42003
December 19th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Goku's Dragon Universe mode after beating Cell.

BladeForever
December 19th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Goku's Dragon Universe mode after beating Cell.

Nah, he asked for the mode in Tournament not stage. ^_^

~Blade~

Toothache
December 19th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Well, I'm currently levelling up Hercule (I'll post my L99 Hercule once he gets there :-p) so I'll hope he breaks through soon. I still need to get Cell Jr, and some of the higher level Sparking and We Gotta Power capsules (my highest level character is only a L37 Goku :-( )

mew42003
December 19th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Nah, he asked for the mode in Tournament not stage. ^_^

~Blade~Oh.Thanx!

BladeForever
December 19th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Well, I'm currently levelling up Hercule (I'll post my L99 Hercule once he gets there :-p) so I'll hope he breaks through soon. I still need to get Cell Jr, and some of the higher level Sparking and We Gotta Power capsules (my highest level character is only a L37 Goku :-( )

Cell Jr. was the hardest character for me to unlock... (and was the final I needed) It toke me sooo long.. I had to wait for Piccolo to break in. >_< I await for your powerful Hercule. (I know I need to train more characters)

~Blade~

mew42003
December 19th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Heres da charecters I need:
Hercule
Videl
Saibamen
Cell Jr.
Andriod #16

Pogiforce-14
December 19th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Go to gamefaqs.com and they'll tell you all you need to know about unlocking characers and stages as well as where to get rare capsules.

edit: I have two questions: 1, how do you input a password and 2, which membership card do you need to buy breakthroughs? I have teh black membership card, but I haven't run into any breakthroughs yet.

Toothache
December 19th, 2004, 06:52 PM
To get the Breakthroughs, you need to buy all the Ultimate moves for all characters that have them, then the item Baba's Crystal Ball 000 will appear. Buy that (it's 120,000 Zeni), and then Baba's Crystal Ball 001 will appear, for another 120,000 Zeni. Once both of those are bought, then Breakthroughs will appear in the Skill Shop. (75,000 each)

And after all the Breakthroughs are bought, all the 'Memories of...' capsules start appearing. (100,000 each!)

BladeForever
December 19th, 2004, 07:07 PM
To get the Breakthroughs, you need to buy all the Ultimate moves for all characters that have them, then the item Baba's Crystal Ball 000 will appear. Buy that (it's 120,000 Zeni), and then Baba's Crystal Ball 001 will appear, for another 120,000 Zeni. Once both of those are bought, then Breakthroughs will appear in the Skill Shop. (75,000 each)

And after all the Breakthroughs are bought, all the 'Memories of...' capsules start appearing. (100,000 each!)

umm, who asked for that info. o.O lol, or are you just letting some clueless peeps know? It toke me a while to figure that out on my own but I did it. *has 81% capsules* The Movies that Baba crystal bring are soo cheesy.. It's only the theme song from DBZB2 and the Jap. version along with it.. bah.

~Blade~

mew42003
December 20th, 2004, 05:22 PM
I'm listining to the theme song right now!Luv it!I also got #16,Hercule,and Videl!

Toothache
December 21st, 2004, 07:34 PM
If you're feeling bored, you may want to try this password:

zQ*N?k btGg#r AG-J!t
F&%kGa IwvNcs jDFCdt

It's my current L51 Hercule. Ok, it's not finished yet, and the com level hasn't been improved (yet), but it might provide a little challenge. There's one or two little surprises if you notice them.

mew42003
December 22nd, 2004, 03:52 PM
Thanks Toothache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BladeForever
December 22nd, 2004, 03:58 PM
Thanks Toothache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked for it 1st! lol. Thanks for posting it up T. (and thank you mew for reminding me to write down the PW) I'm heading off to play GTA:SA anyways, so straight after that I'll challenge your Hercule. I haven't really been training my characters, but more like fighting my friends characters.(I need to get to that right away) Now to see what fight he has in him. ^_^ (I hope he's not as easy as Videl/Hercule in tournament mode)

~Blade~

mew42003
December 22nd, 2004, 04:14 PM
Piccolo just broke in!I'm kickin his @$$!XD!I just got Cell Jr.!I beat ur Hercule!

Elite Trainer Raven
December 22nd, 2004, 07:03 PM
I'm listining to the theme song right now!Luv it!
Too bad the American release got stiffed again with a crappy version. :\ Japan's Budokai got Cha La Head Cha La and their Budokai 2 and 3 got the same songs as the US ones only with lyrics in them. Europe got the lyrical themes for Budokai 2 and 3, which angers me cause the songs suck (well, Budokai 3's anyways) without the lyrics. >_o

Toothache
December 23rd, 2004, 03:59 AM
Interesting comments.

My old Hercule (which wasn't a challenge, as I easily beat him with L1 Omega Shenron), had the following capsules:

Rolling Hercule Punch
Dynamite Kick
Senzu Bean (4)
Yakon

Well, I figured he'd need the extra health, since he couldn't teleport and thus get easily pursuit attacked, and the Yakon is there to slow down those that like to use Transformations. I won't spoil the surprise for the L99 version, just bear in mind he's L67 at the moment, so I'm getting closer to maxing him out.

BladeForever
December 23rd, 2004, 09:52 AM
Interesting comments.

My old Hercule (which wasn't a challenge, as I easily beat him with L1 Omega Shenron), had the following capsules:

Rolling Hercule Punch
Dynamite Kick
Senzu Bean (4)
Yakon

Well, I figured he'd need the extra health, since he couldn't teleport and thus get easily pursuit attacked, and the Yakon is there to slow down those that like to use Transformations. I won't spoil the surprise for the L99 version, just bear in mind he's L67 at the moment, so I'm getting closer to maxing him out.

He sure wasn't a challenge. o.o I had fun going 3 rounds with him though.

Game Difficulty:Very Hard
Opponent T-S HERC (Meaning Toothaches Hercule)

It seems you were concentrated on Health/Attk/Guard/Arts. Your Hercule was simply a push over. (as you know) First I used one of my lvl. 41 characters and toke him on 2wice. I know you said you haven't been working on the Com stat but it was really needed. He was simply stupid and had a p00r defense. o.O Did I mention he was stupid? The guy llloooovvveeesss to use Hyper Mode repeatly and he sucks incredibly at using senzu bean. (*cough*Com*cough*) The first time he let me smack him about a bit. (somehow managed to take away 1 of my health bars) I slacked off a bit on him the 1st round. 2nd time he used the senzu bean after losing only 2 bars. x_x (in which I think your Hercule had 5 HP Bars)

Now for my 3rd attempt I felt like humiliating the champ. I threw in my lvl.0 Bardock in and see if it would make a difference. I realized it was even easier to take down Herc with Bardock. (considering Bardock has great defensive moves and combos) It's quite fun PWNing him. ^_^ Though this was the past and I'm sure your sorting out his weaknesses as I type. It's actually pretty g00d that your trying to improve such a character with his current weakness. That's really g00d actually because he lacks teleporting and such, so I expect ya to train him well. (I was bored so mind me o.O)

~Blade~

mew42003
December 23rd, 2004, 12:40 PM
I just got Saibamen!!!!!!!WOOT WOOT!!!

Rated R Superstar
December 23rd, 2004, 03:29 PM
Right now,I'm Gohan and I STILL can't beat Super Buu,anyone know how to unlock Future Trunks,Broly and Gogeta? what about GT mode? Oh yeah,when I was my Lv.20 Vegeta,I spotted Cooler,but I didn't unlock him,yes I defeated him.

Toothache
December 23rd, 2004, 05:56 PM
Trunks- unlocked by completing Vegeta's Dragon Universe

Broly - note this only works the second time playing through Goku's Dragon Universe.

Get to the point where Goku tries to fuse with Gohan, but Gohan gets absorbed by Buu. Next, instead of heading to the next marker, go to the Desert and you will find a hidden area, and speak to Kibito (Supreme Kai). Now, go and fight Buu, and when you win, Goku will sense a new source of energy. The marker that appears leads to a fight with Broly, who you unlock after beating him.

Note that these events also lead to the unlocking of Omega Shenron.

Pogiforce-14
December 23rd, 2004, 06:14 PM
you can unlock cooler only with Goku. On about your third time through, after you beat frieza the first time, you will see three red dots on your map. Goto the one directly south of you, and you will face a super sayian vegeta. BEat him in battle, and then go to the red dot in the center. You will face cooler. Then you will face metacooler. After that, cooler will be unlocked. Also note that if you search thehills aroudn cooler before actually fighting him, you will find "Cooler's spaceship", which will allow you to use Metacooler.

also, Toothache left otu some key points on unlocking Borly. After that scen with buu absorbing gohan, turn around and immediately you will find hercule. afer a short scene with him, fly straight towards buu. along the way you will come across an energy signal. land, and you will find Tien, either dead or unconcious. as soon as that scene is over, use your energy search and you will find supreme kai. Then after the scene with him, go ahead and fight buu. After you beat him twice, a new red dot will appear on screen. DO NOT GO TO THAT RED DOT JUST YET. instead, go to the islands on teh southern portion of the map. You will find the ssj4 capsule there for goku. THIS IS NECESSARY FOR UNLOCKING OMEGA SHENRON. Then go and fight broly. once you beat him, he is unlocked. If you have all seven dragon balls, plus the ssj4 goku capsule, you will be able to fight omega shenron as well as unlock ssj4 gogeta for goku. once you beat omega shenron, you unlock him as a playable character.

Toothache
December 23rd, 2004, 07:17 PM
Actually, I missed out the talking to Tien and Hercule, and I still managed to unlock Broly, so they aren't necessary to the unlocking, but the Kibito event is.

Rated R Superstar
December 24th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Alright,i unlocked Broly,Cooler,Kid Goku,ALL Buu's,Gogeta fusion,Vegeto fusion,Dabura,Cell,Friesa and Bardock,Bardock Friggin' Rox in World Tornament,probaly,cos I know how to play him.

BladeForever
December 24th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Alright,i unlocked Broly,Cooler,Kid Goku,ALL Buu's,Gogeta fusion,Vegeto fusion,Dabura,Cell,Friesa and Bardock,Bardock Friggin' Rox in World Tornament,probaly,cos I know how to play him.

Well maybe so.. but as I said earlier, Bardock is a naturally g00d character at combos. His attacks make him pretty darn defensive too(mostly kicks that block out damage). He's 1 of my top 5 fav. characters. He's incredibly easy to use too, so he gets my vote for a great attacker. (in close range)

~Blade~

Toothache
December 24th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Bardock is nice, but I prefer Omega Shenron. He hits hard, starts off with a full Ki guage, and has some of the heaviest hitting Death Moves in the game. Ok, he's a little slow, but who needs speed when you have power? My main money earning technique is Omega Shenron + Sparking!!!!!!! (7) = 250,000 Zenie. Makes getting those Memories of capsules a lot easier.

Corrupt
December 24th, 2004, 02:05 PM
i only have 1 and 2 i want three though

BladeForever
December 24th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Bardock is nice, but I prefer Omega Shenron. He hits hard, starts off with a full Ki guage, and has some of the heaviest hitting Death Moves in the game. Ok, he's a little slow, but who needs speed when you have power? My main money earning technique is Omega Shenron + Sparking!!!!!!! (7) = 250,000 Zenie. Makes getting those Memories of capsules a lot easier.

Hmm. The base damage he causes with his death moves are ok. Quite a handful of characters have more punch in their death moves, but you did say he has some of the most powerful death moves and that's correct in some sense. The main thing I do like about him is his Ki. Making him a great teleporter and his Ki accumulates up to the baseline pretty darn fast. Too bad I dont really use him. Giving him the concentration capsule makes him even more annoying to your opponents. x_x (unless your planning on going in the tournament for 250,000 zenie) Oh yeah, I love his Dragon Thunder. o.O It's quite fun striking your opponent when they least expect it. (like most moves.. Dragon Thunder has a extra feature.. if you hold down the energy button you can decide when Dragon Thunder should attack your enemy if you didn't know) I rate him 8/10

~Blade~

Carlito-san
December 27th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Does the story for Goku's DU go to GT storyline?Cuz I beat KB and DU ended.

mew42003
December 27th, 2004, 04:02 PM
NE1 wanna try out my Kakarot?Here's my elite:

nagyEy )jbR)J ZlL!H@ nD&p$V dSvzFk KEZ-St

BladeForever
December 27th, 2004, 04:21 PM

Following the instructions that were made on page 3 by Toothache and Pogiforce should take you into the GT era.. It's nothing special really. You wont see much of it.. so dont expect anything huge at all.

I'll see how your Goku is mew.

~Blade~

Elite Trainer Raven
December 27th, 2004, 04:24 PM
You have to beat Chibi Buu using the Super Genki Dama (make sure you ONLY use the Kaioken powerup and then go into Hyper Mode to pull it off). Once you do that, you can continue on to the rest of the series. It also has to be successful, as well.

mew42003
December 27th, 2004, 04:24 PM
My Kakarot is level 50.Just so u know.XD!

Toothache
December 27th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Hhm, can't seem to get your password to work, mew42003.

mew42003
December 27th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Hhm, can't seem to get your password to work, mew42003.Da first y is probaly Capital...Sowwy...:(

Toothache
December 27th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Nope, that didn't work either. I tried changing the second Y to capital as well, that didn't work. Only thing I can see that might stop the code working is if your game is a US version, since I'm using a UK version of the game and it may have a different password system.

mew42003
December 27th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Probaly...But It wurked in mine...lol.

BladeForever
December 27th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Nope, that didn't work either. I tried changing the second Y to capital as well, that didn't work. Only thing I can see that might stop the code working is if your game is a US version, since I'm using a UK version of the game and it may have a different password system.

That could have been the problem but it's not. U.K/US use the same password system as I was able to use yours with ease.(I have U.S version) Mew, make sure you got every symbol correct. You may have got your plus signs confused with t's and etc.

~Blade~

mew42003
December 27th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Da last t is probaly - .lol.

Toothache
December 27th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Well, I've just finished levelling up Hercule, so here's one L99 Hercule. Enjoy:

lKtRFs %Xa-vn NmmOrT
aYd$dz dNrTWH !klHDh

Can you spot his capsules?

mew42003
December 28th, 2004, 07:47 AM
I'll post my Kakarot when he levels up.XD

Neon Methodis
December 28th, 2004, 01:49 PM
I got Budokai 3 You can use Gokus Father Bardock on their its off the chain

mew42003
December 28th, 2004, 02:01 PM
I know.He has Riot Javlin,and Heat Phalenpax.

Rated R Superstar
December 28th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Are that all of his Moves?
Broly Pwns! :p

mew42003
December 28th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Broly has:
Gigantec Press
Gigantic Meateor
Blaster Shell
Legendary Super Sayain

Neon Methodis
December 28th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I have Questions can u guys help
1. How do you unlock Broly I beat the game three times but never got him.
2. How do u use other characters in DU like Broly and Trunks

Neon Methodis
December 28th, 2004, 07:11 PM
come on guys i rewally need help...

mew42003
December 29th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Dude please don't double post. Go to www.gamefaqs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com) They tell u.

Toothache
December 29th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Did anyone manage to beat my Hercule anyway?

Here's the code again in case you missed it:

lKtRFs %Xa-vn NmmOrT
aYd$dz dNrTWH !klHDh

Enjoy!

BladeForever
December 29th, 2004, 07:26 AM

lKtRFs %Xa-vn NmmOrT
aYd$dz dNrTWH !klHDh

Enjoy!

ohh right. I already told you how it went with your lvl.50 Herc, so I better take on your lvl.99 Herc.

~Blade~

mew42003
December 29th, 2004, 07:29 AM
I beat Him!

I also know another way to get Kid Goku!Before the fight with Nappa,go to Grandpa Gohan's House.Then Goku will start saying stuff.After he's done a Capsule will pop up.It's Kid Goku.

Neon Methodis
December 29th, 2004, 10:05 AM
yea i got him and how do u enter passswords in Budokai 3

Guess I need to stop asking so much questions

mew42003
December 29th, 2004, 10:39 AM
o.0 www.gamefaqs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com) o.0

Dark Dragonite
December 29th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Excuse me dose anyone know how to get supernova for cooler?Also 0kay situation oppenet uses kamehameha you telport behind them but then they telport behind you.also during as puresuite they telport behind me how do you do that?

mew42003
December 29th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Do training mode.That tells you.

Neon Methodis
December 29th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Game Faq dosent help me with my question

Toothache
December 29th, 2004, 03:10 PM
You know, people should learn to read the instruction books that come with the games. It tells you all the controls in there.

mew42003
December 29th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Here's my Kakarot:
WpSyxm Ln*)mn cs#cLY
!$Fo#G sy)qVs x?H(FP
Enjoy!

Tsukasa
December 29th, 2004, 11:44 PM

lKtRFs %Xa-vn NmmOrT
aYd$dz dNrTWH !klHDh

Enjoy!

Nice toothache that battle i had with you're hercule was pretty good but i took him out 3x, once with Kid goku, the next with goku, and the last time with Broly, i might as well post the levels with them
Kid goku-55
goku-31
broly-67
also i need someone to varify this for me i heard rumors of a uub capsule that will allow him to fuse with buu, is this true cause im beating tournaments at advance level and buying capsules, currently at 51%

Scyther5
December 30th, 2004, 06:44 AM
No, Im pretty sure thats a false rumor you heard somewhere. But I'm not totaly sure, I haven't had the game more than a week and 1/2.

Neon Methodis
December 30th, 2004, 06:53 AM
it's a possibility cuz it's supposed to have GT characters

Pogiforce-14
December 30th, 2004, 07:18 AM
The only GT characters in teh game are Omega Shenron and SSJ 4 Gogeta.

I want to know how you put in the passwords. I'd liek to take a wack at some of you guys's characters. Considering I'm beating comp. players at levels like 80 and 90...

edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

That Hercule was rough, man. His guard was off the charts and he kept using dragon rush on me, not to mention he had that mean Yakon on him...

Neon Methodis
December 30th, 2004, 07:21 AM
you have to unlock dragon arena by beating everyones DU

Rubberbandman
December 30th, 2004, 07:22 AM
I cant get Omega Senron,and SS4 Vegeta and Goku are in GT

Scyther5
December 30th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Omega Shenron will take alittle work to get, but he isn't to hard to get none the less.
If your not to lazy, just go check gamefaqs or anther site like that to find out how to get him.

Pogiforce-14
December 30th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Now that I realize what I'm doing in Dragon Arena, I realize my Goku isn't taht great. I may have to start him over... Heck, I may have to start all my characters over. Most of them have breakthroughs already, so it shouldn't be too hard to build them back up.

Neon Methodis
December 30th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Anyone know what u press when ur in a power struggle like Spirit Bomb and Father Son Kamehameha is it L3?

Carlito-san
December 30th, 2004, 08:36 AM
How exactly do you win attacks like super sprit bomb?

Pogiforce-14
December 30th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Oh my god... I just totally thrashed Toothache's level 99 Hercule with a level 18 Uub! :D

To fight off the ultimate moves, you ahve to push Square, circle, Triangle, and X all together when the gauge is as full as possible. you get three chances, and then whoever accumulated teh most in their top gauge won the fight off.

Neon Methodis
December 30th, 2004, 10:04 AM
what about when u use spirit bomb what do u press it has somthing to do with the analogs

mew42003
December 30th, 2004, 10:40 AM
The only GT characters in teh game are Omega Shenron and SSJ 4 Gogeta.

I want to know how you put in the passwords. I'd liek to take a wack at some of you guys's characters. Considering I'm beating comp. players at levels like 80 and 90...

edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

That Hercule was rough, man. His guard was off the charts and he kept using dragon rush on me, not to mention he had that mean Yakon on him...And SS4 Vegeta,and Goku.Also SS Gogeta.:D

BladeForever
December 30th, 2004, 12:19 PM
The same result as before T..

I dont feel like typing all that crap like I did before. If I attempt to.. I'll end up typing 3x the amount as before. x_x Anyways.. as Pogiforce said. He loves to use that Hyper Mode + Dragon Rush. He was still utterly easy because he has a huge disadvantage against many opponents. (considering his major weakness) Leaving out Ki and Ability was a pretty smart move, but Hercule was not g00d enough. I also beat him again with my lvl.0 Bardock. =/ I admit he smacked me about the 1st time around but that 1 time was enough for me to read all his movements and tactics. Right then when the 2nd round started I was prepared for his Hyper Modes so meh.(also concentration was a huge help because of Yakon) He's fun. ^_^

Try another character T on your free time. Anyone will do better than Videl & Hercule against me.

~Blade~

Pogiforce-14
December 30th, 2004, 12:57 PM
what about when u use spirit bomb what do u press it has somthing to do with the analogsno, it's exactly the same as the other Ultimate moves. The only time you use the analogue stick is for burst zone and beam struggles like kamehameha vs. Kamehameha.

edit: I played Hercule again, and he got even easier. He really is a meanie in that burst zone, but I learned his style very easily and it wasn't hard to avoid it. I just kept Uub at a good enough distance the whole time and smacked hercule around with Ki Cannon. All in all, the second time around, the poor boy only managed to land one punch on Uub.

Tsukasa
December 30th, 2004, 11:11 PM
soon.........very soon, i'll post my password for my broly and bardock, lol

Rubberbandman
December 31st, 2004, 04:52 PM
I went up against Toothy`s Hercule and got him to yellow health then he just took me out

mew42003
December 31st, 2004, 06:54 PM
His Hercule got me to Yellow.Did anyone try my Kakarot yet?

Pogiforce-14
December 31st, 2004, 08:04 PM
dude, you spend too much time around Broly or Vegeta...

What is your Goku's password?

mew42003
January 1st, 2005, 07:08 AM
It's in the previos Page.

Neon Methodis
January 1st, 2005, 07:51 AM
I bought SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta for 30,000 Zenny
and I got SSJ4 Gogeta {Goku} for 60,000

Dont tell me im lying cause its the truth

Pogiforce-14
January 1st, 2005, 07:56 AM
I'm not gonna call you a liar, cause I know you can do that. What I'm curious about is why you didn't just EARN them instead of burning all that zenny on them. :\

Neon Methodis
January 1st, 2005, 08:03 AM
well really I was lazy and didn't want to do Goku & Vegetas DU

Rubberbandman
January 1st, 2005, 09:00 AM
I wouldnt burn all that money unless its a sparking,sparkings are great to use since it adds money when you beat the world tournament...
and on another level,I beat Toothys Hercule.

mew42003
January 2nd, 2005, 08:48 AM
Did anyone fight my Kakarot yet?

Rubberbandman
January 2nd, 2005, 09:20 AM
Nope,put in the code and it was invalid

mew42003
January 2nd, 2005, 09:22 AM
Oh well...Of to level him up!

BladeForever
January 2nd, 2005, 09:24 AM
Yes once again mew... your code is wrong. Make sure you pay very close attention to the symbols.. If your 100% you posted it right, (which I dont think you are =/) I have no idea whats up with that. (I never had a problem with anyone but you)

~Blade~

mew42003
January 2nd, 2005, 09:54 AM
LV 53 Kakarot coming right up!:

HtmG!+ ce$dEW OuVWif

A%nZ!p Nitfes ncot@C

WolfWood
January 2nd, 2005, 10:12 AM
Anyone think that Budokai 3 would be better if it was online?

Rubberbandman
January 2nd, 2005, 10:15 AM
I do,that would put up its popularity,but some people might cheat and flee when they think they are gonna lose..>.<

mew42003
January 2nd, 2005, 10:16 AM
So anyone try Kakarot yet?

Rubberbandman
January 2nd, 2005, 10:40 AM
Nope didnt play it today yet.

Pogiforce-14
January 2nd, 2005, 12:22 PM
I tried to, but the password you gave me didn't work.

mew42003
January 2nd, 2005, 03:21 PM
S***!!!!!!I copied it exactly from the TV screen!It worked in my game...

Pogiforce-14
January 5th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Figured out why it wasn't working. Mistook my ( for a C. My bad.

My Uub keeps beasting on everything. He may only be in the 20s now, but maybe I should go ahead and put up his password... see how he fairs.

mew42003
January 5th, 2005, 12:12 PM
So dat's why...Endamaster Discrasased my Kakarot...

Pogiforce-14
January 5th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I tried putting the code in again aware of my nadwriting error, but it seems teh code still doesn't work for me. Are you sure you typed it on PC right?

mew42003
January 6th, 2005, 08:38 AM
I'm sure.And I copied it from the TV screen exactly!

Pogiforce-14
January 6th, 2005, 09:12 AM
hmmmm... Well, I guess all I can do is try it again when I get home. :\

mew42003
January 6th, 2005, 09:24 AM
R U in a computer lab?I'm staying home today.Do you like the theme song?

Pogiforce-14
January 6th, 2005, 09:25 AM
OH yeah. Love it. Though the Budokai 2 theme was much more fast paced. If they could fuse the two then it would be the best ever.

mew42003
January 6th, 2005, 09:33 AM
In 1 it was "Rock the Dragon",In 2 it was sumtihng,In 3 it's da best,Gogeta Fought Broly in it!

Pogiforce-14
January 6th, 2005, 12:04 PM
I personally didn't like the beginning to teh first one. It was alright, being the true theme song and all, but the other two sounded more like teh japanese theme song, which I must admit sounds much better than the english one.

mew42003
January 6th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Thats true. (Message too Short)

Pogiforce-14
January 6th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I just tried it again, exactly as you gave it to me, and it said it was wrong. Are you SURE you gave it to me right?

Pokemon Master #1
January 6th, 2005, 02:49 PM
I own DBZ Budokai 1 and 2.I've never tried 3, but if it ever comes out on Gamecube i'll buy it.

Pogiforce-14
January 6th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I just heard Budokai 2 just came out on gamecube. The only thing I find uncool about that is that they only get a budokai game when PS2 already has the next edition. Why can't they just release them for both systems at the same time?

mew42003
January 8th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Yeah,I know!It would be easier to realese them on both systems...

Rubberbandman
January 8th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Well,we know they can actually release a game on PS2 and Gamecube,but not Xbox...

mew42003
January 8th, 2005, 06:43 PM
That sux...X-Box is a good system... (Thank you Bill Gates!)

Scepticle
February 4th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Yes I do.I love them.

~Scepticle

mew42003
February 7th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Is anybody else gonna Post?*Points to Scepticle*That's me.:D

~James

BigBoss
February 10th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I had 1 and 2(sold'em) and I have 3 right now. I love it! You can unlock so many characters, battle in SS4 for Goku and Vegeta, and it had the coolest Saiyan of all, Broly! Putting Omega Shenron in the game was somthing cool they did also.

mew42003
February 10th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Sweet.This is The Hottest Thread I've ever made!:DBroy and Gigantic Metoer pwn!

~James

BigBoss
February 10th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Sweet.This is The Hottest Thread I've ever made!:DBroy and Gigantic Metoer pwn!

~James

Oh yeah, I love that move XD

mew42003
February 11th, 2005, 01:01 PM
I have SS2 for Trunks But not SS1!Dangit...

~James

leonspants
February 11th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Ive beat all of the budokai games and I have to say that 3 is the best, I am absolutely nuts about the DBZGT series. I also can't wait for the DBZ Sagas game to come out.

jaysharpe#1
February 17th, 2005, 01:04 PM
I have all the capsules, (well almost) all the charictor's EXEPTSaibaman :disappoin

mew42003
February 18th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Play Dragon Arena mode with a lv.20 Charecter or lower.Fight ppl at least 2x ur level.Then Nappa will Break in.

~James

BigBoss
February 19th, 2005, 08:43 AM
It is just me, or does Vegeta have the most battles in DU?

mew42003
February 19th, 2005, 11:40 AM
I think so... >.<Broly,Friezia(Or Cooler),Goku,Buu,Omega Shenron...Yeah I geuss.

~James