PDA

View Full Version : [Weekly Poll] Pokémon Gray - y/n? [ #20 ]

Kaori
February 13th, 2011, 12:01 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2ylr910.png

Bluerang1
February 13th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Yay! I subconsciously gave to a poll idea xD

There will be a third version to Black and White. Maybe it won't be called Gre/ay, sucks, I like that name, or maybe it won't be on the DS platform anymore but on the 3DS, but they will be one, there just has to be.

And this contradicts another interview stating that there will be a third installment to Unova.

vaporeon7
February 13th, 2011, 12:20 AM
I think there will be a Pokemon Grey. If they tell us there will be one for the 3DS people will just hold out for it instead of buying Pokemon Black and White.

Sabrewulf238
February 13th, 2011, 12:30 AM
It's a bit too early predict, even pokejungle and serebii were saying there is a japanese interview that mentions a third version going more in depth into N.

Were they ever asked about third versions in the past? Maybe their brief is to deny everything even if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Chiar
February 13th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Kweh, Black and White had lots of flaws. If it's true, GameFreak is arrogant and thinks it's the best Pokemon game they made. I wouldn't mind to buy a game again just to see a better version of it. Also, they do it with every Pokemon game. Why would they stop here?
I believe that the possibilities of Grey are the same as before. I still think it's 70% a lie, so nothing changed for me.

King Gumball
February 13th, 2011, 02:30 AM
DDD;;;;;

NOOOOOOOOOO!!

I hope this news is wrong... or they change their minds... Seriously, there are ALWAYS third games ;__________________;;

Hopefully there will be one on the 3DS then later...

~Ryukaa
February 13th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Yeah, I really don't mind. xDD;;
Sure, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum are great, but I'm happy with just BW. Then again, GF might change their minds. Like Square-Enix Japan did with FFXIII not being on the X360.

PhantasyFight
February 13th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Yes its most likely there is going to be a Pokemon Grey. Probably it will use 3DS features.

Zvezda
February 13th, 2011, 03:51 AM
I would be very surprised if there wasn't a third game. I think they're only saying there won't be one to stop people waiting for it instead of buying B/W on its release.

skyluigi2
February 13th, 2011, 03:53 AM
There will be a third game. Whether it's called Grey or not... Well, it's a bit too early to decide.

Derezzed
February 13th, 2011, 05:01 AM
I would be really disappointed if they didn't release a third game, especially as Kyurem is a grey pokemon so it would make a lot of sense if he was the third game legendary.

That said I don't really see why they would break the tradition of releasing a third game, so I'd say we should wait and see what the future holds.

PlatinumDude
February 13th, 2011, 05:10 AM
It's too early to say that there won't be a third game of B/W. If there wasn't a third game at all, I'd be very disappointed.

The Red Chain
February 13th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Not disappointed at all. This gives them much more time to come up with something superior to a third game. I would love a change of pace once more from the 5th gen. They have already changed tradition around many times in these "reboots" and I'm so happy to see it all. <3 This last shove in the Pokemon gaming series will be a great thing to see ; and after 10 years of the same thing, I'd really like a change.

Bring it Game Freak! Whatcha got in store for us? :D

Blue
February 13th, 2011, 06:03 AM
I do and don't believe this, do because there are so many features in Black & White and it's such a good game that it coudn't really be improved by bringing out a third game.
Don't because they've missed out some features that were in previous games.

This also gives them the opportunity to not work on a third game but bring out another game earlier than expected i.e R/S remake or something along those lines.

Also, I didn't know about this untill now.

The 100 Mega Shock
February 13th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Game Freak won't jeopardise the sales of their brand-new games by shouting to everyone that they're going to release a better version in a couple of years time.

ohinvisible
February 13th, 2011, 06:14 AM
I would be very surprised if there wasn't a third game. I think they're only saying there won't be one to stop people waiting for it instead of buying B/W on its release.
My thoughts exactly. I've seen a few of people on this forum say that they only play the third version each generation. There's plenty to do in the existing games, and it's not like the gameplay in each new version is radically different, so waiting for the third one to come out would not be difficult for those people. They want as many people as possible to buy Black & White, and then they can announce that they're releasing a third one.

Kevin
February 13th, 2011, 06:55 AM
It'd be good if they added a third version. They always did, so why stop all of a sudden?
Maybe they answered 'no' because it wasn't going to be called Gray. xD

Kendosis
February 13th, 2011, 06:55 AM
There will always be another version, as long as Pokemon continues to be successful on the market.

trevman727
February 13th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Oh yeah. There's no way there won't be a third version. Look at Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. Yeah, we'll get a third one.

Dillon_68
February 13th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I don't want a third version at all, I hope Game Freak does go in this direction.

Fushigidane-Chan
February 13th, 2011, 08:53 AM
For the record, it was a mistranslation... Mana Ibe claimed the third version wouldn't be released for the 3DS. And besides, it's all a marketing strategy. They don't want people to wait for a third game, they want consumers to purchase Black and White right away. They also said at one point there wouldn't be Gold and Silver remakes.

That being said, I dislike the idea of third versions, so if there really isn't a third version and they moved on to Generation 6 or RS remakes or whatever right away, I'd be pretty happy with that.

robxu9
February 13th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I'd like it if they made RSE remakes first, then made a 3DS Grey. Then that would make sense.

Pink Typholsion
February 13th, 2011, 09:33 AM
He said, "Will there be a 'Pokemon Gray'?" they said, "no" but what they meant to say is,"There's gonna be a third game, but it's not going to be named 'Grey". >:D

^^^true???^^^

Haowakeorden
February 13th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Apparently the actual question and comment were quite vague, definitely not something like:

"Will there be a Pokémon Grey?"
"No, we won't make Pokémon Grey."

If they don't make a third version, then I hope they make a "new adventure" as part of Generation V. Not a pair of remakes, not a pair of games that still take place in Unova, but a new main series pair entirely.

Velvex the Øverlørd
February 13th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I find it really disappointing that, as first announced, there isn't a 3rd game. Although it isn't entirely shocking, since Black and White are all about being completely fresh starts and trying new things. If the news source is wrong, and there is going to be a 3rd game, I personally think it will/should be called Chrome instead of Grey.

Speed
February 13th, 2011, 10:36 AM
The games haven't even been released yet, give it a few months and we'll see if we get a 3rd version or not.

Satoshi Ookami
February 13th, 2011, 11:09 AM
There will be third game for sure ;)
Who cares about name =) It could be Gray, Grey, Light and Dark or whatever =)
Gamefreak will soon understand that BW still can use some improvement which can only be done by doing third game =) They wouldn't want to stop gaining money, right? :D

MrGriszell
February 13th, 2011, 12:33 PM
ok i think i got it , i wrote something similar and translated it . i type this into the translator to japanese

we would rather not make it we finished the series with black and white

this is how it came to be in japanese
我々はむしろそれは、私たちがシリーズを終了することはないだろう白と黒
then i translated it to spanish and got this

Más bien es nuestro blanco y negro no terminará nuestra serie
then i translated it back to english and got this

Rather, it is our black and white will not end our series

so i know my methods may have tons of flaws but you see how some things can be lost in translation from japanese , spanish and then to english

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 13th, 2011, 12:35 PM
There will be third game for sure ;)
Who cares about name =) It could be Gray, Grey, Light and Dark or whatever =)
Gamefreak will soon understand that BW still can use some improvement which can only be done by doing third game =) They wouldn't want to stop gaining money, right? :D
You're right about that GF is probably only saying this so people don't wait for the third version and make themselves more money off of BW ;)
I think it's too early to tell but it would be sad if this is in fact the last games of this generation...it would be shorter than Gen II which only had 3 games a Duo, and a third version...

Raichu1988
February 13th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I think it's still a bit too early to be able to have solid answers for a third game or not. If there isn't, I would be a bit sad because I liked all the third installments of each generation that I have played. I think they'll probably wind up making one once more flaws are proven for B&W (maybe?) or they're just saying no for marketing reasons. Maybe they even haven't really thought of a third game yet so for now no but possibly in the future yes? I hope they make it though.

MrGriszell
February 13th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I think it's still a bit too early to be able to have solid answers for a third game or not. If there isn't, I would be a bit sad because I liked all the third installments of each generation that I have played. I think they'll probably wind up making one once more flaws are proven for B&W (maybe?) or they're just saying no for marketing reasons. Maybe they even haven't really thought of a third game yet so for now no but possibly in the future yes? I hope they make it though.

well the thing is if they come out with a 3rd version they would be already working on it. I think i remember reading that balck and white was being developed while platinum was finishing up so it takes a while(i know platinum was just a 3rd version and black and white was a new generation but it still takes some time)

The 100 Mega Shock
February 13th, 2011, 02:58 PM
well the thing is if they come out with a 3rd version they would be already working on it. I think i remember reading that balck and white was being developed while platinum was finishing up so it takes a while(i know platinum was just a 3rd version and black and white was a new generation but it still takes some time)

It's likely they'll still have team members working on the stuff they had to cut from the game for time constraints as the original games themselves are sent to be shipped, then ramp back up on development once feedback to BW starts coming in.

Either way, Game Freak has at least 2 teams, so somebody is working on something right now.

Sasuke.
February 13th, 2011, 03:12 PM
We'll get one. I don't doubt that. There is another dragon to cover anyway, they are a trio.

Enigma
February 13th, 2011, 03:18 PM
There will most likely be a 3rd version. I'd be very disappointed if there wasn't. There is always a 3rd game in a generation, but since this generation was kind of supposed to be a 'revolution' of sorts, then there is also a possibility that it won't happen. However, a 3rd version will likely be in-demand in the future, so it'll probably happen.

solarowl
February 13th, 2011, 06:26 PM
There will most likely be a third version. I can't see why they wouldn't add another game to a very popular and awesome region. I'm not a fan of gray, but I wouldn't mind it.

Perri Lightfoot
February 13th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Not releasing a third version is really the best decision Game Freak could make in this situation, I think. With the release of the 3DS in March, the DS will become a "dead system" - few companies, if any, will be developing new software for it; all the attention will have shifted to the current generation handheld. If a hypothetical "Pokemon Grey" were released for the DS two years later (to follow the release pattern), it would be a poor move on GF and Nintendo's part. A new DS games two years after the release of the 3DS? You don't need a lot of marketing savvy to see it's a stupid move. And if "Grey" were released as a 3DS title while still being obviously built on B/W's engine, any idiot could see it was just a DS game with a few throw-on enhancements to justify calling it a 3DS title. It would be a ripoff, and consumers would know it.

If the interview is to be believed, GF is doing the right thing by focusing on other projects or moving on to the next gen right away. Ideally, what I would love to see them do is experiment with 3DS programming by making either a Ruby/Sapphire remake, or a non-Pokemon project for the system, like maybe a Pulseman sequel or remake (well, we can hope =D ). While we're kept satisfied with those projects, GF would also be working on Gen VI; which, ideally, would be the Gold and Silver to B/W's RBY. Gen VI could be set in southern Connecticut, South Jersey, Pennsylvania or upstate New York; and Unova could be visited after completing the main storyline. Elements like renegade Team Plasma members, the God Stone, Kyurem's hidden moves, and N's past and future could be explored WITHOUT the need for a 3rd version, which seems like a win/win situation for all involved. We get a new gen and we're not fleeced by a painfully obvious money grab in the form of an outdated game on the 3DS or a game released for a dead system, and GF gets what it wants more of - money, money, money. :)

MrGriszell
February 13th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Not releasing a third version is really the best decision Game Freak could make in this situation, I think. With the release of the 3DS in March, the DS will become a "dead system" - few companies, if any, will be developing new software for it; all the attention will have shifted to the current generation handheld. If a hypothetical "Pokemon Grey" were released for the DS two years later (to follow the release pattern), it would be a poor move on GF and Nintendo's part. A new DS games two years after the release of the 3DS? You don't need a lot of marketing savvy to see it's a stupid move. And if "Grey" were released as a 3DS title while still being obviously built on B/W's engine, any idiot could see it was just a DS game with a few throw-on enhancements to justify calling it a 3DS title. It would be a ripoff, and consumers would know it.

If the interview is to be believed, GF is doing the right thing by focusing on other projects or moving on to the next gen right away. Ideally, what I would love to see them do is experiment with 3DS programming by making either a Ruby/Sapphire remake, or a non-Pokemon project for the system, like maybe a Pulseman sequel or remake (well, we can hope =D ). While we're kept satisfied with those projects, GF would also be working on Gen VI; which, ideally, would be the Gold and Silver to B/W's RBY. Gen VI could be set in southern Connecticut, South Jersey, Pennsylvania or upstate New York; and Unova could be visited after completing the main storyline. Elements like renegade Team Plasma members, the God Stone, Kyurem's hidden moves, and N's past and future could be explored WITHOUT the need for a 3rd version, which seems like a win/win situation for all involved. We get a new gen and we're not fleeced by a painfully obvious money grab in the form of an outdated game on the 3DS or a game released for a dead system, and GF gets what it wants more of - money, money, money. :)

even if they dont come out with 3rd game , we would have to wait the same amount of time until the 6th gen, how long do you think it takes to come up with more pokemon and a GOOD story it takes a while. so if the 3rd game doesnt come out we would just be playing with our thumbs until 6th gen. And also from your statement you talk about pokemon like its any other product...even if it does come out on the ds many people will still buy it, dont kid yourselves on that fact.

Rawrinism
February 13th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I have mixed feelings towards the third installment. I'm already too eager for 6th GEN. :p
[I don't think they started yet.. :p] Pokemon games takes too long to be on the market. Considering Platinum's change was pretty big, Gray might cease to amaze me. Who knows? Only time can tell. :)

MrGriszell
February 13th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I have mixed feelings towards the third installment. I'm already too eager for 6th GEN. :p

well take these changes to account

1.animated sprities for all trainer
2. double battle with two seperate trainers( was there some in BW i dont remember)
3.Battle frontier( maybe the battle subway can just be part of it like a battle tower)
4.Rematch of gym leaders
5.way to rebattle trainers
6. twist in story about team plasma
7.3rd dragon being part of the main story line
8. updated battle screens( i would really like if i can see how many pokemon my opponet has during the battle)
9.Hints about 3rd gen remakes( i think i have one )
10. updated graphics

If these happen i think it would be worth while to make a 3rd game

i dont think im ready for the 6th gen. but if they make it like a G/S thing and add like only 50-70 new pokemon then why not lol

Satoshi Ookami
February 14th, 2011, 12:19 AM
We'll get one. I don't doubt that. There is another dragon to cover anyway, they are a trio.
Agree with that ;)
Maybe Kyu gets new form :)

Gen VI could be set in southern Connecticut, South Jersey, Pennsylvania or upstate New York; and Unova could be visited after completing the main storyline. Elements like renegade Team Plasma members, the God Stone, Kyurem's hidden moves, and N's past and future could be explored WITHOUT the need for a 3rd version, which seems like a win/win situation for all involved. We get a new gen and we're not fleeced by a painfully obvious money grab in the form of an outdated game on the 3DS or a game released for a dead system, and GF gets what it wants more of - money, money, money. :)
Your statement is full of good reason but somehow I don't fell it's gonna happen...
And... NO MORE USA please! I wanna go back to Japan O_o
I mean I liked Isshu's cities but it was because of new graphic =)

Diamond1304
February 14th, 2011, 12:57 AM
I do not care what news sources say, you can't trust them. I really want and hope that the 3rd version comes out, as hopefully I can get all the Pokemon I want from B/W. I really want Reuniclus and Braviary but at the same time, Reshiram and the other genies.

GF always dish out a 3rd game surprise, it would really be disappointing for its fans if it didn't do so and GF was always about its supporters and gamers so they'll have to make one whether they like it or not. If they don't......well......my friends and I would protest outside their HQ until they create a 3rd game..... XD

MrGriszell
February 14th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Agree with that ;)
Maybe Kyu gets new form :)

Your statement is full of good reason but somehow I don't fell it's gonna happen...
And... NO MORE USA please! I wanna go back to Japan O_o
I mean I liked Isshu's cities but it was because of new graphic =)

lol boooo we need to expand the pokemon world. Now i know the anime has no say in what the games will do but look at the unova map its conected to more land. Heck even look at the games map its not a seperate region like the rest. Im sorry but we need at least 2 more regions near unova

The 100 Mega Shock
February 14th, 2011, 02:14 AM
And if "Grey" were released as a 3DS title while still being obviously built on B/W's engine, any idiot could see it was just a DS game with a few throw-on enhancements to justify calling it a 3DS title. It would be a ripoff, and consumers would know it.

Theoretically Game Freak has had over a year already to get working on basic assets and stuff that would be used within a next-Gen Pokémon game.

I can see roughly 3 years of development with the 3DS SDK could result in something very nice being built on top of the BW engine.

Echidna
February 14th, 2011, 05:56 AM
people i suggest we stop thinking about this irrationaly....i'm only gonna give the facts i gathered and i suggest anyone else who posts now nto give any facts i missed to mention then we will find out what is true and what is fiction:

1- although soe gf enplyee said that there will ne no third version...word was previously announced in JAPAN that there will be........
2- there has been no official word...so the employee could be lying or misleading us so we buy b and w ...... no proof on this matter
3- Seriously...seeing how profitable a third version would be... and how proftiable it would be for people to buy b and w then the third verison thinijng that there is no third version.....this could all be a gamefreak game....
4- the statement caNNOT MEAN THAT THIS IS THE LAST POKEMON GAME CAUSE THREE OTHER HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED.....POKEMON TYPING DS.... AND THE WORD THAT SAYS THERE WILL BE POKEMON GAMe (S)......meaning a minimum of 3 games... for 3ds......so that is out of the picture.......
5- starting with the first color of thye pokeball and ending with the last is not a game gamefreak would play without prior announcement or something........
6- who in his full mind would stopsuch a universaly famous and great game here when this could still be the beginning...
7- lying..game....misleading us
8-lying..game....misleading us
9-lying..game....misleading us
10-lying..game....misleading us

DO NOT FORGET THIS ECONOMICAL GAME GF COULD BE PLAYING FOR PROFIT.......

of course there is also the following:

1- satoshi tajiri announced him being sick a long time ago.....giving a good reason to stop pokemon now....but come on guys.....they are fully capable of continuing on there own.........come on.......

Zhinc
February 14th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Eh, I don't really care either way about whether or not a third version comes out; I'm too busy waiting for Black and White at the moment. And I remember when I read an article on this that the author noted that the quote was originally in Japanese then translated to Spanish and then to English so...a lot of little details about the phrase could have been lost in the successive translations. I don't think we should really make a judgement call on whether or not 'Gray' will be released. Also, they will do whatever they know will make them money, so I wouldn't be too surprised by a third installment, but I think it's a little early to start thinking about that. ):

Xander Olivieri
February 14th, 2011, 10:58 AM
people i suggest we stop thinking about this irrationaly....i'm only gonna give the facts i gathered and i suggest anyone else who posts now nto give any facts i missed to mention then we will find out what is true and what is fiction:

1- although soe gf enplyee said that there will ne no third version...word was previously announced in JAPAN that there will be........
2- there has been no official word...so the employee could be lying or misleading us so we buy b and w ...... no proof on this matter
3- Seriously...seeing how profitable a third version would be... and how proftiable it would be for people to buy b and w then the third verison thinijng that there is no third version.....this could all be a gamefreak game....
4- the statement caNNOT MEAN THAT THIS IS THE LAST POKEMON GAME CAUSE THREE OTHER HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED.....POKEMON TYPING DS.... AND THE WORD THAT SAYS THERE WILL BE POKEMON GAMe (S)......meaning a minimum of 3 games... for 3ds......so that is out of the picture.......
5- starting with the first color of thye pokeball and ending with the last is not a game gamefreak would play without prior announcement or something........
6- who in his full mind would stopsuch a universaly famous and great game here when this could still be the beginning...
7- lying..game....misleading us
8-lying..game....misleading us
9-lying..game....misleading us
10-lying..game....misleading us

DO NOT FORGET THIS ECONOMICAL GAME GF COULD BE PLAYING FOR PROFIT.......

of course there is also the following:

1- satoshi tajiri announced him being sick a long time ago.....giving a good reason to stop pokemon now....but come on guys.....they are fully capable of continuing on there own.........come on.......

To start with the Bolded quote: The news announcement about a possible third game was unofficial announcement that speculated possible enhancements for a different game. The Fans read it as a third installment to Generation 5. There is no official announcement that there will be a Third game, and in the past it was never a shocker that a third was released as they always said that a third was being worked on, this is the first time they flat out denied the claim of a new game to be released.

Now for the Italicized part: Typing DS, the Wii game and the other mini game versions that they have planned are NOT PART OF BLACK AND WHITE. The inverview said there were to not be any NEW Generation V Related games. Side series games can still be made as they aren't related to the story of Generation 5 or maybe that can be as a mini game version like Pokemon Typing can go into the histories of the other Characters from the Pokemon Games.

and lastly the Bolded part:

That is corperate suicide as a company can and will lose money as well as their entire business for such remarks as they lead to false advertisement. If they wanted to let people to just play the games that are currently out, they would just dodge the questions about future games or come right out and leave more cryptic acceptance messages like, there is thoughts about it but nothing official, or other types of hints to let the fandom go wild. Flat denial of a new game and later producing a game can backfire in legal terms and cause a huge uproar.

Now unlike the previous pairings, I still highly doubt Kyurem's involvment in the trio mainly because it has yet to officially be paired with Reshiram and Zekrom. All of the other Trios are officially pared in the Anime or the Video Games, but Kyurem isn't. Seeing it as a Mascot can still prolly happen, but with the flat denial of a third game doesn't seem likely.

Not to mention Kyurem's history doesn't match with Reshiram's and Zekroms as it is supposedly from outer space while Zek and Resh are based off of the Dragons that created Ying and Yang.

tkallab
February 14th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I truly hope there will be a Pokémon Gray, and I firmly believe so, even despite Nintendo's claims. Of course they're not announcing it yet, Black and White aren't even localised!

Drew
February 14th, 2011, 11:23 AM
So it's come down to people thinking that no third game is due the 3DS releasing? D: That could be true, honestly, but you'd think they'd have something more stopping them than just that fact. Like I said in Nica's blog, usually the third game in the series is the one that fans enjoy the most, and it not sales go poorly. Maybe they feel Black and White doesn't need a third game? Although, B&W's not even released outside of Asia yet, so to me, it's still too early to tell.

Rai
February 14th, 2011, 11:36 AM
They have to make a third one. It's a tradition! Every set (except for the remakes) has had a third game. I think they would be disappointing a lot of fans if they didn't. Even if I didn't buy it, I would be disappointed.

Xander Olivieri
February 14th, 2011, 04:37 PM
They have to make a third one. It's a tradition! Every set (except for the remakes) has had a third game. I think they would be disappointing a lot of fans if they didn't. Even if I didn't buy it, I would be disappointed.

False.

First Gen had 4. Japan Red, Green, Blue (the third game), and Yellow (Anime bonus to promote the anime)

America only got Yellow, but that doesn't count for a third as it was more to promote the Anime relation like it was in Japan. It was just a Gimmick for sales.

All thirds after Gold/Silver/Crystal, were cheap copies that were just merging the two games before into one with a new main focus Legend. Crystal was the only one that completely rewrote the main story to focus on a lesser legend.

Really there are too many choices for a third as a focal point for a third game. Cobalon, Terrakon, Kyurem, one of the djinn. Even Zoroak or Zorua as a main focus would be a decent change.

Though I don't see there being a third and hope there isn't one.

February 14th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I still consider Yellow a third version in itself even if it was a gimmick...

Rai
February 14th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I'm aware it was a gimmick, but that is the game that got me into pokemon so I really don't mind.

I don't care what their reasons for releasing extra copies in the past were. I'm used to there always being a third game by now, it's been over ten years. I would feel robbed if they didn't make one. This is my personal opinion.

February 14th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Same here only it was Emerald that got me into Pokemon :D!
Plus they could add a lot of thing into the third version and update the storyline and give pokemon new formes, introduce new locations and all that good third version stuff :)

SgtPatches
February 14th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I don't think this one interview blows the idea off the table. There are a lot of features missing from B/W. For instance, remember when D/P lost the Battle Frontier and it was reduced to the Battle Tower? And then it was brought back for Pt/HG/SS? Well now, we just have the Battle Subway. Do you think GameFreak would leave out a part of the series that had been left out before and brought back mostly because of popular demand?

There will be a third version. They're either not yet working on it yet for the sake of concentrating on the 3rd gen remakes, or they're keeping hush-hush about it, much like the existence of Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. Much like they will probably keep hush-hush about Meloetta, Genesect, and Keldeo until the official events.

インフェルノの津波
February 14th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I'm putting my hopes on IGN and saying no, if not I will never go on that site ever again.

But seriously it needs to be made. Gray, I mean. They're so many things that could make B/W better, such as the Pokemon Walking Behind You coding, Kyremu's alternate form and moves, plus a way to get Apricorn balls!

Zorua
February 14th, 2011, 06:55 PM
...I still think there's going to be a chance that a third game might be released sometime in the future, but hey, if GameFreak is really set on not making a third game, then really, there's nothing I can do at this point but deal with B/W themselves. I'm only sort of disappointed, but either way, the news wouldn't affect me as much, as my hopes weren't really that high for a third game to begin with.

February 14th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I don't think this one interview blows the idea off the table. There are a lot of features missing from B/W. For instance, remember when D/P lost the Battle Frontier and it was reduced to the Battle Tower? And then it was brought back for Pt/HG/SS? Well now, we just have the Battle Subway. Do you think GameFreak would leave out a part of the series that had been left out before and brought back mostly because of popular demand?

There will be a third version. They're either not yet working on it yet for the sake of concentrating on the 3rd gen remakes, or they're keeping hush-hush about it, much like the existence of Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. Much like they will probably keep hush-hush about Meloetta, Genesect, and Keldeo until the official events....I bet they are proably keeping Hush hush on the third version but they could be working on RS remakes as we speak instead of the third version...

MrGriszell
February 14th, 2011, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=インフェルノの津波;6456905]I'm putting my hopes on IGN and saying no, if not I will never go on that site ever again.

But seriously it needs to be made. Gray, I mean. They're so many things that could make B/W better, such as the Pokemon Walking Behind You coding, Kyremu's alternate form and moves, plus a way to get Apricorn balls![/QUOTE

IGN said there wasnt going to be a 3rd version?

big NATE alpha
February 15th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Now unlike the previous pairings, I still highly doubt Kyurem's involvment in the trio mainly because it has yet to officially be paired with Reshiram and Zekrom. All of the other Trios are officially pared in the Anime or the Video Games, but Kyurem isn't. Seeing it as a Mascot can still prolly happen, but with the flat denial of a third game doesn't seem likely.

While not officially shown or outright stated or anything, the connection is nevertheless there, just hidden. Kyurem has two signature moves not used in B/W that relate to Reshiram/Zekrom, Freeze Bolt (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Freeze_Bolt_(move)) and Cold Flare (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cold_Flare_(move)). Again, while not used and not outright references, They seem to possibly draw relations to Zekrom/Reshiram. Although that's still just speculation...
Also of note is that before Platinum was revealed, Giratina had no connection to Dialga/Palkia. It was found much later in the game, in a completely different spot, has many differences, from highest base stat, the specifics of its signature move (Ghost type, not Dragon, and physical not special), and appearance and info (the Pokedex states that it's from a different world. That's it). It's only link is that it was a dragon and had a signature move. It didn't even have the weak connection of unused moves possibly related to the other two that Kyurem has.
But anyways everything is just speculation at this point, really :/. The fact that there are unused moves in the game points to possible changes for Kyurem in a third release, although it could just be a special event download, which would also account for the God Stone key item. Perhaps at this point there isn't a third game coming, but GF may change their mind, or may release R/S remakes first and are focusing on them.

Xander Olivieri
February 15th, 2011, 10:47 AM
While not officially shown or outright stated or anything, the connection is nevertheless there, just hidden. Kyurem has two signature moves not used in B/W that relate to Reshiram/Zekrom, Freeze Bolt (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Freeze_Bolt_(move)) and Cold Flare (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cold_Flare_(move)). Again, while not used and not outright references, They seem to possibly draw relations to Zekrom/Reshiram. Although that's still just speculation...
Also of note is that before Platinum was revealed, Giratina had no connection to Dialga/Palkia. It was found much later in the game, in a completely different spot, has many differences, from highest base stat, the specifics of its signature move (Ghost type, not Dragon, and physical not special), and appearance and info (the Pokedex states that it's from a different world. That's it). It's only link is that it was a dragon and had a signature move. It didn't even have the weak connection of unused moves possibly related to the other two that Kyurem has.
But anyways everything is just speculation at this point, really :/. The fact that there are unused moves in the game points to possible changes for Kyurem in a third release, although it could just be a special event download, which would also account for the God Stone key item. Perhaps at this point there isn't a third game coming, but GF may change their mind, or may release R/S remakes first and are focusing on them.

And at the time before Giratina was shown to be the third for Palkia and Dialga there was a massive debate on whether it was their third or not just like today. And there is no proof that those two moves belong to Kyurem. Like Ancient Voice and V Generate, those two moves are coded to be learned by no one. They could be secret attacks that events can unlock for roughly any Pokemon, including Reshiram and Zekrom. It seems highly unlikely, but it has as much a chance to be true as Kyurem being Zekrom and Reshiram's third even though his history leaves no opening for it to be merged with Zekrom's or Reshiram's. Not to mention that his Attack list doesn't follow the proper match up and being 20 total points weaker. All the thirds are equal in total stat's with exception to Rayquaza who is actually the master of his set.

Ayselipera
February 15th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I've read that it could be wrong and that it could be right. So I'm really not sure what to believe since both arguments had their points. As much as I always come to cherish the third game of a generation a little bit more than the others I can see a possible positive to this information being true. With the possibility of the third generation games being remade in this generation then the absence of a third game (gray) could mean these remakes might come sooner. Which if you're like me you hope they come as soon as possible!

So I won't be too hurt as long as a faster than usual release of the possible remakes come out. :D

Regeneration
February 16th, 2011, 08:28 AM
I'm disappointed to know that there won't be a third game considering that I've always bought the third game. Now, I'll have to pick one between Black and White. :[

Gleam Noiyam
February 16th, 2011, 08:58 AM
It's probably going to be released. All people want is money.
And not being able to re-challenge gym leaders is dissapointing.

MrGriszell
February 16th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I'm disappointed to know that there won't be a third game considering that I've always bought the third game. Now, I'll have to pick one between Black and White. :[

Theres no evidence that we are not getting a third version

February 16th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Honestly, I mostly think it's too early to predict. So let me use the example I used in Nica's blog entry regarding the speech:

The Fairy Tail anime was originally going to end with 48 episodes or so, but its popularity caused a second season to happen. If Black and White are popular enough an if Nintendo believes they'll make a good profit with a third game, then they'll do it. If they nix it, there's a chance they'll have very disappointed supporters and thus might lose a bit of business. Then again, who knows, they might not think this way.

olih
February 16th, 2011, 04:43 PM
There's probably going to be another game. Game Freak always does that, except for HG/SS.

BenjiTheKid
February 16th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I'm convinced there will be a third version. I'm not sure if it will be called Gray or not, but the trend is to have a third version, and I don't see why they'd break it. Granted, they seem to be doing a lot of things differently for the new region. Mostly, I hope there will be a third one. The third one in each set is always the best, I think.

February 16th, 2011, 05:13 PM
There's probably going to be another game. Game Freak always does that, except for HG/SS.
and Fr/Lg...people seem to have forgotten about the Kanto remakes of gen III...
There has to be a third version...they are always the best ones for me out of the three :(

Satoshi Ookami
February 17th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Why except? Remakes are supposed to be 2 ;)
Since FR/LG were remakes of original Japanese games Red and Green the fact that II gen remakes are going to be remakes only of Gold and Silver had been expected.
If there were 3 original games then we'd get 3 remakes as well.

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 17th, 2011, 02:39 AM
There's something that's always excited me about the potential "third game" for Black/White - given that the 3DS is just around the corner, it would've been all-too-likely that the series' re-release would be a 3DS title, complete with the bells and whistles of the new platform. I mean, the game engine looks like it could be improved for the 3DS, so why not?

It'd be pretty bad for GameFreak if they have nothing prepared for the 3DS. (I can't imagine that porting DS titles to the 3DS is especially hard, either.) But it's also unlikely that they don't have anything prepared - chances are, we won't see anything until this time in 2012. I'll be honest here, too - I don't care as much for a re-release as much as I care for there being a new Pokémon game at all. Whether it's a Ruby/Sapphire remake, or a cut into the sixth generation, or this just-denied Black/White re-release, I'd be pretty happy either way.

… Though, given that Black/White have their share of flaws, it would be nice to see them corrected or even expanded to create the "ultimate" title for this generation. You know, flaws like the lackluster Pokémon Musicals.

dfinnical
February 17th, 2011, 09:54 AM
They'll probably make an independent title for the 3DS

Blue
February 17th, 2011, 10:36 AM
If there is no third game in development which would have been originally released for 2012, they must be working on something to be released in 2012 like Hiroshi Sotomura said, in my opinion I could possibly see a R/S remake because that is the only major thing that could be released during that time span, it would be 10 years on since R/S so is this on purpose so they could take out a third game and replace it with a R/S remake it would be perfect because it would be the first main title for the 3DS too.
Although, it could be wrong, it's only early days, heck we haven't even got Pokémon Black and White yet and we're talking about a game that's released 2 years later, so it could easily be a hoax.

dewm3734
February 17th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Was there like a third legendary pokemon in Black and White?? Like rayquaza for groudon and kyogre, and giratina for palkia and dialga. Because they seem to follow a pattern, new region, remake, new region, so ruby and sapphire can probably be expected, but a third black and white??? Idk, what pokemon would they base it on?

MrGriszell
February 17th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Was there like a third legendary pokemon in Black and White?? Like rayquaza for groudon and kyogre, and giratina for palkia and dialga. Because they seem to follow a pattern, new region, remake, new region, so ruby and sapphire can probably be expected, but a third black and white??? Idk, what pokemon would they base it on?

LOL where have you been? Yep theres a 3rd dragon ice type

fenyx4
February 17th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Kweh, Black and White had lots of flaws.

True. >_> Granted, all Pokemon games arguably have flaws, but compared to past Generations, BW's flaws are a bit glaring.

The DS won't become a "dead system" that quick...look at the GameBoy Advance. In the U.S., Pokemon Emerald, a GBA game, was released 6 months after the Nintendo DS was released, and it still became the third best-selling GBA game. Emerald was even marketed as being playable on the GBA and the DS. Plus, the Nintendo DS is widely owned and accessible, and I'm assuming it's gonna take some time for people to save up for a 3DS, considering it's being released at the same price that the Wii debuted at. Though I agree, the longer it takes for "Gray" to come out on the DS (if it's coming out on there), the more likely that sales will decline due to new technology.

As for ripoffs, I wouldn't exactly call "Gray on the 3DS" a ripoff. The 3DS enhancements coupled with the game being built off of BW's engine might actually come in handy, and would be a justified perk for the "third version" of BW. An example of a true Pokemon ripoff is when you sell Diamond and Pearl for the exact same price as Platinum ($35.00), while Platinum has more content in it.Last time I checked, several stores are pulling that off on consumers, yet the games appear to be selling healthily.

I don't feel that Generation 6 should be rushed into so hastily, unless the games are of great quality. We're just getting acclimated to Generation 5, and BW have several flaws that, IMO, need to be addressed... If they have any Gen 6 plans already, they might as well insert some of their plans into the development of "Gray", as focusing on a Gen 5 legendary in a Gen 6 game would be a bit awkward.

well take these changes to account

1.animated sprities for all trainer
2. double battle with two seperate trainers( was there some in BW i dont remember)
3.Battle frontier( maybe the battle subway can just be part of it like a battle tower)
4.Rematch of gym leaders
5.way to rebattle trainers
6. twist in story about team plasma
7.3rd dragon being part of the main story line
8. updated battle screens( i would really like if i can see how many pokemon my opponet has during the battle)
9.Hints about 3rd gen remakes( i think i have one )
10. updated graphics

If these happen i think it would be worth while to make a 3rd game

i dont think im ready for the 6th gen. but if they make it like a G/S thing and add like only 50-70 new pokemon then why not lol

These alterations would be great in Gray Version.

False.

First Gen had 4. Japan Red, Green, Blue (the third game), and Yellow (Anime bonus to promote the anime)

America only got Yellow, but that doesn't count for a third as it was more to promote the Anime relation like it was in Japan. It was just a Gimmick for sales.

All thirds after Gold/Silver/Crystal, were cheap copies that were just merging the two games before into one with a new main focus Legend. Crystal was the only one that completely rewrote the main story to focus on a lesser legend.

Really there are too many choices for a third as a focal point for a third game. Cobalon, Terrakon, Kyurem, one of the djinn. Even Zoroak or Zorua as a main focus would be a decent change.

Though I don't see there being a third and hope there isn't one.

How was Rai false? Third games have been tradition, and even if Yellow Version was "gimmicky", it's still the third Generation 1 release for America. :cer_confused: Heck, all of the subsequent third versions could be considered "gimmicks for sales", if you want to get technical...

I'm putting my hopes on IGN and saying no, if not I will never go on that site ever again.

But seriously it needs to be made. Gray, I mean. They're so many things that could make B/W better, such as the Pokemon Walking Behind You coding, Kyremu's alternate form and moves, plus a way to get Apricorn balls!

THANK YOU! Someone besides me actually cares about the Apricorn Balls and HGSS's Follow Me feature being potential features for Gray Version! :D

Anyway, I was appalled at the rumor of there being no Gray Version release. I personally think it's too early to tell, so I'm going to wait for further confirmation. I don't want to have to buy Black Version now and hold off other games just to find out that Someone Lied (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ILied) and Gray Version is actually getting released later on. They could also be doing wordplay, where "Gray Version" actually has another title... I'm hoping for a 3DS release of either Gray Version or the RS remakes. If a DS release of either of those is planned, preferably it should be within one to 1.5 year from now, or else the title will lose a bit of relevance to the "current-Gen" of consoles.

Personally, I firmly am of the stance that Generation 6 should not be rushed into. We have just gotten into Generation 5, and I do not want the main series of Pokemon to become one of those franchises that releases shoddily-made games yearly (in Pokemon's case, a potential franchise that releases shoddily-made Generations yearly :()

Ahh, glad to be posting in BW threads again! ;)

dithyrambos
February 18th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I've read that it could be wrong and that it could be right. So I'm really not sure what to believe since both arguments had their points. As much as I always come to cherish the third game of a generation a little bit more than the others I can see a possible positive to this information being true. With the possibility of the third generation games being remade in this generation then the absence of a third game (gray) could mean these remakes might come sooner. Which if you're like me you hope they come as soon as possible!

So I won't be too hurt as long as a faster than usual release of the possible remakes come out. :DThis is exactly how I feel about the presence or absence of a third game this generation. I also love the third games. Usually, there is always something a little more special about them. But I wouldn't miss Pokemon Gray at all if it meant I'd get my hands on RS remakes (or the next gen!) sooner rather than later.~

Sodom
February 18th, 2011, 02:34 PM
There's definitely going to be one - they don't just break tradition like that.

The one piece of evidence (and it is incredibly tenuous) that suggests maybe there won't be is the 'thematic motif' - to use a Bulbapedia term - of Gen V. These games are supposed to explore the relationship between opposites (i.e. Black and White, Reshiram and Zekrom, etc), so to create a game called Pokemon Grey, which is the middle ground, may not make much sense.

Pkmn Trainer Touko
February 19th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I think it's impossible that there won't be a third game. I won't believe some random source.

It just wouldn't make sense at all. We have Black-Reshiram, and White-Zekrom. Kyerum would need it's own, since he is part of the trio. And, since the theme of Black and White is about how some people view the world as Black and White, but others' world view recognizes the "Grey" areas of life.

zealot
February 19th, 2011, 04:52 PM
No way that they aren't going to make a third game.

I mean think about it, all they really have to do is change some trainers and dialogue, add a few plot devices, and instantly they have a third game that they can sell for the same price and get just as many people to buy it. The third game is too much of a moneymaker for them to stop, as it's far less work than making a brand new game but still makes tons of money. Sure, this one might be a bit more difficult since they are switching platforms, but it's still far less work than inventing a whole new region, group of pokemon, storyline, attacks and everything else that goes into a new generation.

As stated by others, this report contradicts an earlier one saying that there will be a third installment.

Xander Olivieri
February 19th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I've got good news for those that want the third game.

In an interview with gaming site GameTrailers, Pokémon game developer and director Junichi Masuda spoke about Generation V of Pokémon. Among the many things that came up during the interview was the rumor that Black and White would not a have a third version.
This rumor came to be after the Spanish site Meristation published an interview with Pokémon designer Mana Ibe in which it was denied that there would be a third version of Pokémon Black and White. Junichi Masuda stated that he did not recall ever saying there would not be another version, and that he was very surprised to hear about the rumor.
It is unknown why Mana Ibe and Junichi Masuda did not make similar statements. The former was also present during the more recent interview with GameTrailers, but she was not asked about her previous comment.

Junichi Matsuda is playing the innocent game with the news that Mana Ibe had said there was no Third Game planned for Black and White. Jun pleads the fifth and Mana may be in big trouble now.

THIS is how you dodge the question while trying to keep interest in it. You play the I don't know or Not right now card. Jun's denial of Mana's claim means that he may have some ideas and doesn't completely dismiss the possibility. That is how you do proper interview marketing when commenting on a future project. Straight up denying mean exactly what it means, but attempted dodging means there is still the possibility.

So Third Game is STILL possible much to my dismay. I hope Mana Ibe doesn't get fired or arrested like the guy that leaked the Starter Evolutions.

インフェルノの津波
February 19th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Whoa someone was arrested? Holy crap!

Anyway, looks like I'll be putting away $45 for a while...

AngelXavier
February 19th, 2011, 09:38 PM
They're obviously gonna do one. I can't wait to see what improvements and additions they add into the game.

fenyx4
February 19th, 2011, 10:33 PM
I've got good news for those that want the third game.

Junichi Matsuda is playing the innocent game with the news that Mana Ibe had said there was no Third Game planned for Black and White. Jun pleads the fifth and Mana may be in big trouble now.

THIS is how you dodge the question while trying to keep interest in it. You play the I don't know or Not right now card. Jun's denial of Mana's claim means that he may have some ideas and doesn't completely dismiss the possibility. That is how you do proper interview marketing when commenting on a future project. Straight up denying mean exactly what it means, but attempted dodging means there is still the possibility.

So Third Game is STILL possible much to my dismay. I hope Mana Ibe doesn't get fired or arrested like the guy that leaked the Starter Evolutions.

Yeah...I wish Mana Ibe had said something that conveyed "I don't know at this moment in time" rather than getting us in a tizzy with phrases that implied denial of a third version rather than support. I don't think she should reprimanded at all for her statements; it's not like she was trying to leak anything. Ibe was simply doing a harmless interview, and an unfortunate question had to crop up in the conversation, inadvertently sparking somewhat illogical rumors about whether Gray Version was existent or not. The Corocoro leaker, however, pretty much had disciplinary action coming to him, though I slightly feel sorry for him. When people say don't leak stuff, DO NOT LEAK STUFF. Simple as that. He shouldn't have catered to the impatience of fans if it meant risking his job and/or legal record.

Whoa someone was arrested? Holy crap!

Anyway, looks like I'll be putting away $45 for a while...

Yeah...you can read about it in this article (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Arrest_made_over_CoroCoro_leak). Remind me of why I hate leakers with a passion, as they ruin the spirit of things.

Kiekoes
February 20th, 2011, 05:17 AM
I think there will be a Pokémon Gray, because there always was a third installment in a Pokémon generation: Red/Blue: Yellow, Gold/Silver: Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire: Emerald, Diamond/Pearl: Platinum, Black/White: Gray (?).

Woobat
February 20th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Of course there's going to be a third game, because that's just more money to be made. But I hope it ends up being called something other than Gray.