PDA

View Full Version : Research: Pokémon Black and White locations of important files

pokewalker
February 13th, 2011, 8:19 AM
I couldn't find a thread about this so created one.
Here, you can share all the discoveries you made in Pokémon Black and White's roms. For example, post the location of the fonts & type logos: (I found this today) a/1/5/9. I found it quite odd that I was using a Jap. Rom but also the type logos of the French, Italian, German, English and Spanish were also in there >_> So, share the locations so we can make a full hacking guide!

Hacking Guide:
Fonts & type logo's: Root/a/1/5/9
Trainer data: Root/a/0/9/2
Trainer poke: Root/a/0/9/3
Game's logo: Root/titledemo

More coming soon.

If someone wants to make a tool with this information, feel free to. And credit goes to Magius, thanks to him I know the location of the trdata and the trpoke!

Sora's Nobody
February 14th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Here, you can share all the discoveries you made in Pokémon Black and White's roms. For example, post the location of the fonts & type logos: (I found this today) a/1/5/9. I found it quite odd that I was using a Jap. Rom but also the type logos of the French, Italian, German, English and Spanish were also in there >_> So, share the locations so we can make a full hacking guide!

Hacking Guide:

More coming soon.

If someone wants to make a tool with this information, feel free to. And credit goes to Magius, thanks to him I know the location of the trdata and the trpoke!Yes, of course the logo's where there. They have to provide things like that. They're not providing a service by releasing it internationally, it's business. Who else was gonna do it. And i'll look at things.

Team Fail
February 14th, 2011, 3:11 PM
I have a thread on BW hacking. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=232199

I found some unused graphics. They are in that said thread.

metalflygon08
February 14th, 2011, 3:30 PM
Utuber of Youtube, iirc, once mentioned he found the location of the sprite data, or whoever ripped the moving parts, they should know where it's located.

ChimeraReiax
February 15th, 2011, 7:11 PM
You're talking about Utuber6061, the same guy who says he exports his remixes/songs with a plugin that doesn't exist that can loop the music.

I don't generally trust him although he is pretty good at making music, and he does seem to have hacked a bit of data (his latest video shows), but he's being obscure about his findings, so either he's going to work on a project he's developing independently or just making things, showing them off and not saying how he did it or giving any proof-of-concept releases or anything.

I dunno, I look into things too much :V

Now, if only we could find the map data and somehow crack the format in order to actually modify it :E

Hi-Techneon
February 19th, 2011, 1:14 AM
Has someone found the location of the maps?

Hikamaru
April 30th, 2011, 2:32 AM

Hacking Guide:

More coming soon.

If someone wants to make a tool with this information, feel free to. And credit goes to Magius, thanks to him I know the location of the trdata and the trpoke!

Can you give me instructions please?