PDA

View Full Version : "A Sandile Gusher of Change!" Review Thread

Meduza
February 18th, 2011, 07:54 AM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d9/Black_and_White_anime_banner.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d9/Black_and_White_anime_banner.png)

We are now moving on to the third episode of the Pokémon: Black & White! saga.

"A Sandile Gusher of Change!"

It is set to air February 19th, 2011, at 9:00 A.M (Check your local listings as air times may vary).

Description:

It's a Sandile dustup as the normally docile Pokémon start digging massive holes throughout the area! They've even managed to mess up a local resort...and steal Pikachu and Oshawott. Can Ash get to the bottom of the mystery and find out why the Sandile are acting this way? Maybe the Pokémon's behavior has something to do with the geysers spewing boiling water nearby...

Mew~
February 18th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Is there seriously any need to make this so early, the rules do say after the episode has aired. These thread never get any replies before either.:\ (I guess that does sound very mini-modish but just something to keep in mind)

I'm looking forward to it anyway, wonder how cool Sandile will sound. :3

TheFuturePokemon
February 18th, 2011, 12:24 PM
It would be really cool if the dub version showed two episodes a week.

Guy
February 18th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Let's try and keep our "race for the thread" a little less so early. Seeing as it hasn't been aired in English yet, there isn't really much to review on; is there?

While I'm at it though, this title puts me in a tight spot. I don't know whether I like it or not. ):

Gumball Watterson
February 19th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Who's following who?
Lol, ramdomshawott
I feel as if the animators have a problem drawing Oshawott's nose too large
Pika-vika wat?
Lol, poor Iris ;_;
Reflect'd
Pika-Jealous?
Poke-ball catch fail brigade
Oshadisappear. Houdini the second
Both of you are stubborn
...lol geeky voice.
Soft landing rocket
Woops, holes everywhere
Good-bye~
I love Ash's research
There's Oshawott!
...where the toothpick did my 'Where's that Pokemon' go?
Sandile sneak!
Sandile Crunch!
Sandile choke?
Damn, that's fast
Sandile magnet!? >__>
"There's a huge flaw in your premise"
How the hell do you manage to jump all that?! >__>
A guysir?
Alright, Pidoves, just fly away... like you should have a while ago
Bam! Oshadefend!
Yay! Hands scene!
"That was pretty crazy, Ash" "Nah, that was nothing"
And now it ends.
Creepy sandile...

I'mma hate this once Cilan comes into the picture...

Iceman3317
February 19th, 2011, 06:33 AM
I am thinking that sometime in the season Ash will get the Sandile. I think the glasses are a reference to Squirtle. So all those people who want Ash to get Sandile. Don't give up yet. There is still a while to go. But it may be later on in the series.

TheFuturePokemon
February 19th, 2011, 07:20 AM
I am thinking that sometime in the season Ash will get the Sandile. I think the glasses are a reference to Squirtle. So all those people who want Ash to get Sandile. Don't give up yet. There is still a while to go. But it may be later on in the series.

I pretty sure the glasses were to point out that this Sandile was the leader, but maybe ash will catch Sandile along the season.

lol I still don't get why the pidove didn't fly out in the first place. What happened to "Who's that Pokemon"?

Guy
February 19th, 2011, 07:40 AM
lol I still don't get why the pidove didn't fly out in the first place. What happened to "Who's that Pokemon"?
I was thinking the same thing when I saw this episode in Japanese. It makes no sense that they didn't fly away when they could have easily done so.

Oshawott's voice is still so adorable. Loved him when he threw Pikachu off and then deflected its Thunderbolt.

I was disappointed when I didn't see "Who's that Pokémon?" again. Seems like they made it a two-time thing for the first two episodes premiere. At least let's hope that isn't the case and just assume they "forgot." ):

I liked this episode. You would think that when Ash falls into a pit though, he'd assume it was Team Rocket who dug it after all this time - I was going to say, "after all these years," but he's still ten. Well, at least it wasn't Team Rocket this time anyway.

Sandile's voice, I can just picture it evolving and it getting much deeper. It's such an awesome Pokémon, I'd like to see Ash catch it in future. If anything goes to show in relation to Squirtle, is that he did catch it; or rather Squirtle decided to tag along. So we'll see. :]

Kirbychu
February 19th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Wow, Oshawott's opening line was awful. I thought it was interesting how our heroes ran towards a crocodile and tried to force its mouth open, isn't that sort of dangerous? More importantly, where is "Who's that Pokemon"?! Maybe they simply forgot. When Iris and CotD#623 had to explain to Ash what a geyser was I felt embarrassed. :<

Sandile's laugh at the end was amazing.

Cadance
February 19th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I have to admit and I really want to say this: Oshawott is super epic. <3 AND SO CUTE!

I was wondering about today's WTP... I can't believe they didn't add it for today's episode. My satisfaction is incomplete.

In this one, Team Rocket is a lot more serious than before. Now they just have their ways to escape (and they rarely use their Pokemon, like Jessie's Woobat. Maybe it's too early for that though?)

/sandilelaugh

AshPikastar
February 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Man I love Sandile. Sandile laugh at the end made me laugh my head off and I love how cute it is. Ash and Iris arguing was a bit funny too. I also like how Oshawott knocked Pikachu off Ash shoulder. This wasn't a bad episode at all. I'll give it a thumbs up.

Meduza
February 19th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Haven't seen the episode, but if they did have Who's That Pokemon in this episode, it would of been Sandile.

vaporeon7
February 19th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Um you're Pidove. You can fly you know. The other funny thing was if all the Pokemon kept on walking they would have been in the water. It's nice to see Team Rocket can now fly as well and who can forget Ash being shocked at the start.

joacen
February 20th, 2011, 08:01 AM
This episode was okay. Ash being shocked in the beginning was pretty funny; this shows some of the humor that they're (hopefully) bringing back. I am loving Team Rocket's new attitude. When they were being attacked by the Sandile, they freaked out just a little bit, not too much. If that was the old TR, they would've panicked like crazy: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! (and after multiple attacks) Team Rocket's blasting off again!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Now, they just retreat. It's such a relief that we don't have to put up with the pathetic losers for one more generation that once were Jessie, James, and Meowth.

Pink Typholsion
February 20th, 2011, 08:09 AM
This whole season is going to be a "repeat" of the first Anime. Sandile = Squitle Squad (but nice instead of bad)

Zekrom = Spearow (the whole pikachu hurt, and all)
Iris = Misty (they both had attitude with Ash at the beginning, and both had a pokemon to carry)
Axel = Togepi (Ik it's 2nd Gen anime but still...)

Jorah
February 20th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Pretty dull episode after Ash gets Oshawott. I read someone saying the Pidove didn't fly away because they're based on pigeons, which are, in general, mentally retarded. I suppose that's true. I don't care that "Who's That Pokemon" wasn't in this episode; it was probably just a gimmick for the first two episodes, anyway.

- Sorta reminds me of Misty "not following" Ash..although it's because Misty didn't like bugs
- The opening makes me sad because it reminds me of N's clothes
- Aww, Oshawott is really cute
- "Oshawott left without letting me know", what, your Pokemon regualry travel the region "without telling you"
- Ash talking to Pikachu and ignoring also reminds me of Misty 8D
- Sandile's random sunglasses remind me of Squirtle
- The dub really didn't put much effort into Sandile's voice
- So much better with non-rhyming TR <3
- I do really love TR's new motto
- I forgot TR are still sorta annoying first few eps...
- TR dissapear~
- lol, Pidove's just stay there
- At least Ash did the smart thing of returning Oshawott

Am very glad that all the BGM is still being kept~ Things are looking good.

Roughsponge
February 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Thought this episode started off well with Ash being shocked and the argument between him and Iris. But the rest of the episode was quite dull.. but loved little Oshawott and still liking the non-pathetic TR. :)

X Latios
February 21st, 2011, 02:08 AM
It was an ok episode, TR need to stop trying to catch Pikachu though as the only difference between now and the previous series is that they don't blast off after losing. Pidove clearly forgot it had wings until the Sandile made a bridge for the pokemon to cross, certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Mew~
February 21st, 2011, 04:48 AM
Starting was pretty funny, the writing wasn't amazing though; "Excuse me," "Excuse me," "No you don't." I'm sure they could have come up with some better lines than that.

Watching this has made Iris's voice grow on me even more - it's wonderfull. Looks the the voice actress playing her is Eileen Stevens, she was the voice of Zorua in the 14th movie and played Lyra and Jupiter in Diamond and Pearl.

Woah, Oshawott pops out of nowhere. Again, I have to say - it sounds way too much like a girl, when it's been confirmed a boy.

Ash's pokédex sounded smexy looking at Oshawott. Poor Iris, all the starter pokémon reject her for Ash even Tepig rejects her for Ash.
I laughed when Oshawott pushed Pikachu off Ashs back, and I laughed harded when it reflected Pikachus attack on Ash. xD

I love it when it's eyes go all cute:
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4578/070sx.jpg :3

It's so awsome to see Ash turning his hat around again - even when he did it in the sinnoh league, it feels so nostalgic:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6905/079vl.jpg http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs343.snc4/41574_122016597841858_3747_n.jpg

Weren't Team Rocket given a mission, why still go after Pikachu? I don't think TPCi is doing a very good job dubbing their serious sides.

Sandile's voice was just terrible, I mean - seriously it just sounds so irritating, I know they only ever repeat their names but; "saannnddddd, sannnnnnnddd, saaaannnndiiillle" seriously?

The anime really like Resort Spas don't they? I think we've seen loads in the anime, just only this time there were no Piloswines invloved. That includes hot spings too. xD

Oshawott in the hot sands was funny, but a bit convenient really...

Ewww, Pikachu had it's tail up Sandiles ears. xD

Loved the motto, but it didn't seem as cool the second time around - they looked sexy doing it though. ;)
They got away again too.

That big sandile bridge was just looked weird and awkward. Like everyone else has stated, it's pretty weird that the Pidove just didn't fly over, I guess maybe they were afraid of getting hit by a geyser - but they still flew over the sandile bridge. xD

Negai moment, when Iris kinda saved Ash. :3

Sandile's laugh was funny at the end. I'm certain Ash will catch it in BW20

Overall a good episode.

Iceman3317
February 21st, 2011, 04:13 PM
Ya Sandile appears again in the next episode,but not sure if it is the same one. Anyways,Givoni still wants Pikachu because it is supposdly the strongest one. Givoni doesn't say anything about it,but he didn't say anything negative about them still going after Pikachu.

Ghostie
February 21st, 2011, 04:49 PM
I thought they did a really good job with the dub. The only voices I didn't really like were Sandile's and Jame's. (I haven't liked his voice at all since the change. I don't think the guy is bad at voice acting, it's just that he can't do JAME'S voice. It doesn't sound smooth enough.)
Oshawott sounded similar to its Japanese Mijumaru counterpart, Axew...well, maybe I don't like his voice that much either. I'll get used to it.
And I noticed the Pidove's not flying away too. Silly birdies.
And the awkward bridge...is SOOO first gen, imo.
I mean, Ash put his foot in there! It's SO First Gen Retarded Noob Face Ash!

I hope the dub stays good like this!

Bluerang1
February 23rd, 2011, 11:13 AM
Oshawott = Cute
Axew = Cute
Pikachu = Owned
Sandile = Weird

Iris = <333
Ash = Not so annoying still
CoD = Meh

I love Team Rocket's new motto and Mew~ beat me to it saying that it was HOT!!! Love Jessie!!! And where she went "We bring..." yes, and James' "Hammering.." wasn't bad either.

First filler of the series, not so bad. A lot of action and comedy, I hope the rest follow suit.

Camara
February 23rd, 2011, 03:20 PM
Exactly, Pidoves are so stupid, instead of flying away they just sit there, even when the bridge is made they just fly away *facepalm*

I didn't like this episode, but generally I don't like them so...

Anna
February 23rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
Late review is late.

> 45 seconds of trying ton walk faster than each other. Yawn. Stupid dialogue too.
> "NO ONE!" ...Ash was that supposed to be a comeback?
> You're both kids. Shut up.
> Hi, Mijumaru Oshawott~
> Ew the theme song fast forward tiem.
> Anyone know what this title means, by the way? I don't feel like thinking about it.
> "It's you!" Are you sure?
> "I remember!" Do you not usually do that?
> Flashback with rather situationally inappropriate BGM.
> PokeDex tiem yay. Man that thing sounds nasal.
> Oshawott is a stalker. Ash doesn't mind. o_O
> Iris has a unique view of things, doesn't she?
> Ash gets hit. It's not that amusing.
> "Since you helped us out, I will graciously allow you to join my team." >__>
> Un-dramatic turning of cap.
> Ash: "Let's see if I can kick myself in the face!"
> BONK. Pokeball fail.
> Man Pokeballs have got serious hang time.
> Ash reiterates what just happened for those not paying attention because Cilan hasn't shown up yet.
> What is this Ash is being smart and making connections to things he REMEMBERS. Omg progress.
> Er. There was just a second sound of a Pokeball release that did not belong there. (4:38)
> "The Pokeball is at the lab!" No it isn't, Oshawott carried it around with him the whole time.
> Wait Juniper do you usually just let Pokemon wander off if they tell you first?
> I don't understand why there is still a telephone receiver next to the video phone. Seems rather redundant.
> "It's gone!" No! Really?
> Ash's feet are huge in that scene.
> TR is so not as serious as the come off as being in the original.
> Totally thought Ash was analyzing the kid with his PokeDex for a second. Also, it sounds less nasal this time.
> "Dan". Haha. Spooky Danny's relative, perhaps. Or his kid?
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/7645/spookydannyyoung.png http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7605/spookydannyold.png

I dunno, I think there is a resemblance.
> How slow can these people speak.
> Sandile attack. They sound... odd. :/
> "I give." Wrong tone, Iris. That sounded weird.
> TR is creeping on small children in sand baths.
> James why you sound so nasal. :(
> Man this motto sounds bad in English. :/
> "Don't you ever give up?" ...Really, you've seen them once Iris.
> Ash knows not what a geyser is. LUCARIO COME REMIND HIM

I totally was falling asleep during the last bit, but I did like Sandile's laugh.

Haowakeorden
February 23rd, 2011, 10:57 PM
I actually thought Ash getting shocked was really funny. One of the big highlights of the episode for me.

travisjb90
February 27th, 2011, 09:59 AM
This was another great episode. Oshawott was awesome once again. I liked how Ash and Iris were trying to run faster than each other and arguing over who was following who. Iris was cool and funny in this episode. Sandile was cool and it was very cool of him and his group to try and save the Pokemon and everyone. I am glad Ash got Oshawott. I like how Iris saved Ash, that was very cool! I was sad when there was not Whos That Pokemon. Hopefully next episode will have it. I thought this was an awesome episode. This is such an awesome season. I can't wait until next episode.

Tyranitar07
February 27th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Oshawott = Cute
Axew = Cute
Pikachu = Owned
Sandile = Weird

Iris = <333
Ash = Not so annoying still
CoD = Meh

I love Team Rocket's new motto and Mew~ beat me to it saying that it was HOT!!! Love Jessie!!! And where she went "We bring..." yes, and James' "Hammering.." wasn't bad either.

First filler of the series, not so bad. A lot of action and comedy, I hope the rest follow suit.

Huh? This is not a filler episode, Ash caught Oshawott.

Anna
February 27th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I feel like this wasn't really a filler. But I would say the next ep is a filler. Which contradicts definitions of fillers. Either they both are or both are not.

My verdict is: Not a filler for both.

Regeneration
March 4th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Oops! I'm a bit late.

CARTOON NETWORK 1.5/8 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 0.9/10; Generator Rex 1.2/9; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.4/9; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.6/8; Pokemon: Black & White 2.0/9; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.5/6; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 0.9/4; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.2/5; Ace Ventura Jr. (1x120) 2.0/9

fenyx4
April 5th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Yikes...forgot to post my review before the elapsed time period of a month is up.

Weirdest. Title Pun. Ever.

LOL at Ash and Iris racing.

OMG Wotter appears out of nowhere during a conflict! <3

HECK YES! Recap of how Wotter What-the-fa-pwned (BTW, my term/onomatopoeia for CMOA is What-the-fa-pwned herein this post) Team Rocket with a shell in the episode prior! AND it also Water-Gunned Woobat!

PokeDex helped me get SLIGHTLY used to the name "Oshawott"... -_-

It's so cute how Ash understands Pikachu near-perfectly...

Aww...Wotter dissed Iris! >.<

ROFL little Wotter has enough strength to hoist Pikachu up, send it flying, AND take over Pikachu's "perch!" XD

ROFL PART 2...Wotter DEFLECTS Pikachu's freaking THUNDERBOLT attack with a cute widdle SHELL, with the electricity inadvertently being redirected, striking Ash's FACE! (surprised that wasn't cut)

Aaaauughh...and now Wotter has "Puss-in-Boots" eyes...

Poke Ball hang time!

LOL@ misplaced Poke Ball release sound error.

"Looks like a trap...if it is, who could have done this?"-Ash Ash, at least GUESS Team Rocket for once, after all the episodes they've used that trap!

LOL...Team Rocket falling in a pitfall was unexpected...hasn't happened in quite a while, IIRC.
HUH?! And they land on their feet like ninjas! o_O

Oh gosh...Sandile's voice sounds irritating...I thought it would be lower, or it would be reminiscent of Sandslash's voice...SAND-SLASH!

Uh...did Ash just undress that quickly...in front of Iris and Dan..? #_# Pikachu looks cute in the sand, however. Reminds me of Lavaridge Town! (I expect to find some Sandile there when RS remakes come around. "Sand baths" instantly reminded me of there...)

LOL at Kibago's random appearance in the sand bath and Iris's facial expression! XD

ROFL now Wotter randomly appears in the sand bath as well!

Oh gosh...Ash commanded Pikachu to Thunderbolt a GROUND-type Pokemon? I'm assuming that he was unfamiliar with the typing, but...SANDile...and all the SAND...and Sandile's constant BURROWING into the sand. Or he was just hoping for "Aim 4 Teh Horn" clause to kick in at some point...\ And how many times does he need to be reminded NOT to order a Thunderbolt attack when an ally's Pokemon is being held hostage?

LOL at Pikachu's ear tickling Sandile's nose and causing him to sneeze...?

WTF....now a MAGNET on a GROUND Pokemon?! I'm just going to chalk this up to "metal deposits hidden in Sandile's skin" and leave it at that...>_>

Yeegh...Team Rocket's updated irises look scary/strange.
OH GOSH JESSIE WAS FREAKING HOT in that brief screenshot of her littered by roses.

I just love it how Kibago just hops into Iris's hair for leisurely and urgent travel. XD Ninja-like skills, at that.

Team Rocket's getting good at leaping from disastrous situations...I guess all those Star KOs came in handy?

Sandile was not necessarily trying to SAVE Kibago...pretty much everyone else was in danger; it could have just relayed the situation to Pikachu, who would then murmur stuff to Ash.

Those Pidove have got to be the stupidest Bird Pokemon ever. There's a reason why the HM Fly continues to pester us 'til this day. -_- All the other Pokemon that were stuck on the platform at least have an excuse, but those Pidove were just idiots. And they didn't even use the bridge in the end!

Wotter holding back Pikachu...looked a little odd in retrospect.

You know, I kind of felt sorry that Ash nearly scorched his leg, but it was a bit amusing... I mean, Ash, there is STEAM all around you. And everyone else keeps on saying BOILING WATER (on that note; WHY the eff wasn't Boiling Water localized as BoilingWater?! And yet we get "Scald"... ). What did you think was going to happen? Kyuremu was gonna swoop in and Glaciate everything? Heh, he's got guts. And stupidity.

The Sandile bridge made sense, but it looked so wrong... >_>

Aww...Deerling look so freaking cute! 2nd only to Wotter in this ep.

Oshawott/Wotter to the rescue! With Water Gun! He sure comes in handy...
LOL at Wotter's fistpump in the air, but too bad about his midair drop.

Ash recalling Wotter to its Poke Ball was a nice tactic. *sings Lightspeed Rescue*

And there we have it - our first concrete NegaiShipping moment of evidence! Freaking ninja, Iris is. She just casually perches on the Sandile to make a last minute rescue.

LOL...Sandile's chuckle was OK at the end.

I'm glad the original music for this series is being retained...it's a major shift from prior seasons, that's for sure. There's a suspenseful certain theme I like, which I discovered is related to the Unova Pokemon League area...kind of like the Indigo Plateau overworld music.

Score: 3.5/5
I felt the pacing was decent, and Wotter was just so FREAKING CUTE! If I hadn't already decided on Tepig, I would most likely be starting with the cuteness that is Wotter. And its voice is just D'AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I can't believe it had naysayers from before.