PDA

View Full Version : Well Hello Dere

DigiDevil
February 19th, 2011, 06:54 AM
I posted in the New User Hangout and can't remember exactly what I said, but I do know I mentioned I'm not good at introducing myself. Instead I'll ramble a bit, best way for you to get to know me.
I'm 20, from Pennsylvania, and really dig that it's meaning is Penn's Woods.
I live in Ohio with my fiance, whom I met on the internet, before meeting on the net was cool or kosher.
I'm interested in just about everything in the world and outside of that's interesting, and a lot of things that aren't. (Random Fact: Flamingos are pink because of the shrimp they eat.)
I'm good at pretty much everything I try, but don't consider myself great in any aspect other than arguing and debating.
I identify most with Vash The Stampede, Spike Spiegal, Jet Black, and Zuko from Avatar.
Snorlax is badass in red.
I've decided to be a Game Dev even if it kills me, pursuit of passion ne?
And Research and Development is the only field for someone who's main interests seem to be Physics and Philosophy.
I hate Twilight, cheesy romance novel about shiny vampires. Sure, works for teenage girls but..C'mon.
I intend to do two things in the coming years, creating a pokemon fangame that's super in depth, with all the current and some original pokemon, and a slew of new features. Bring back the feel of catching that first pokemon with a brand new copy of red/blue right off the shelf.
Remake Red/Blue/Yellow as a 3D game that combines the look and feel of the games and the show, because lets face it, as fans we've been dying for a good 3D representation, and so far have been let down. This I know I'll need a die hard team for, so we'll see what happens.
I'm currently learning pixel art from a pokemon perspective thanks to the spriting tutorial over at DragonFlyCave
I will be learning how to do more complex things like animation, translating a photograph into pixels, and many many other things involved with the visual aspect.
I'm half learning programming at the moment. My fiance is in college for it, and we kind of collaborate. She's going to be doing the majority of the programming for the things I create, cause she's awesome.
I'm, kind of old school. Probably not in the way that you're thinking.
I tend to sound like a mixture of louis black and yoda.
I'm a writer, a singer, an idea man, a music player, a digital video recorder, a terraformer, and a ridiculous slew of other labels.
And I wouldn't say -I Am- per-say, just how it's defined =P
My favorite emote face is =3 beating out =| by a small margin.
Funny enough those are the faces I make most often in real life. Yup, I produce 2 dimensional graphics from my vocal portal, awesomeness.
I attempt only to be me, and an original me at that. It presents conflicting issues but, at the end of the day the choices I make are my own, relatively free of influence and if that's offensive at times, it's because people make the choice to hate.
I loved doing this, oddly enough.
Bai for now!

Miss Doronjo
February 19th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Hello Dere! Cool username BTW! Is it from digimon perchance? Juuuuust a random guess. =P Cause I'm guessing its from that devil digimon that worked for Myotismon in season one~ Ah, Ohio; I think that's where my grandmother is going to get married. <3 eaither that or Jamaica~ Its still a cool place! I've been there once before. <3 When you said you have a fiancée, I assumed that means your going to get married soon? :3 Congrats! That's very nice. :3 I too hope someday to propose to someone~ ah, but when I'm ready and met someone nice. <3 Ah, they say this thing happens once in a life time, if your lucky. <3 But yes; I do hope you and your fiancée have many happy days to come. <3

I did NOT know that about Flamingos. =O That's very interesting! I thought that pink was its natural feather color. @-@; Hey, we learn something new everyday~! Cause its fun to learn! [CAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!] I find that arguing and debating about certain topics is a great way to get your points across; I'm trying to do that more while learning sociology. And, arguing and debating can be used in any subject; just so long as the arguer are pretty mature about it. I guess nowadays, that's why I like to make some polls in occasion...to see what other people think of a particular subject as well. [situating to real life; not just online.]

Hey, so you watch Avatar as well! I seriously miss that show. ;3; I think Toph was my favorite character in the show, because she has a cute personality. <3 I dunno, I think she's cute when she's angry. [s]I think a lot of weirdness can be described as cute anyhow... And yeah, the fact that she's blind, but can Earth Bend very well; that's why she's been called the blind bandit~ I'm also tempted to just call her "tough" cause I do forget how to spell her name sometimes...because it spells like "Tough". Anyways...so you want to be a game developer? Well, there's actually a board here on PC that has everything to do with game development; in fact, its called the Game Development board; you can talk about games you plan or are developing, and there's even tutorials and guides to help you get started. Its right here on the link I'll provide you with: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)

You know what -- I hate Twilight too. I mean, vampires and sappy romance? SHOULD NOT MIX. In my opinion anyway! But, my sister loves it because she loves Taylor Lautner; the guy who stars in those movies. @-@; Well actually...the book isn't THAT bad, but the movie? Didn't like it at all. Sooo you want to make your own fanbased pokemon game? So do I...someday. :3 You know -- people have alot of fanbased pokemon games here; they make em via the ROM Hacks~ Which by the way, PC also has an Emulation board! You can discuss emulation things; like ROM Hacking, or you can look up tutorials on how to tile or maybe put in your own game script...it even has a Hacks Showcase, where people actually show the fan-made pokemon game hacks they created. Well, the E.ulation board is right here if you wanna take a look: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)

Pixel Art has become of my favourite time-killer things to do other than visitng these forums. <3 Its pretty cool to create and experiment with different sripties; re-coloring them, changing their shape, etc! I made a fusion of Bianca [from pokemon black and white] and Lyra [from pokemon Heart Gold and Silver] and made it into a trainer sprite in another forum. :3 It was pretty fun! ^.^ Well, if you're into Pixel Art, another board you may be interested in is the Pixel Art sub forum! Where you can share your Pixel Art; juust remember to read the rules of the plaace. <3 Oh, but incedentlly, you Do need at least 15 non-spam posts before posting any links... but anyway, here's the Pixel Art sub-forum: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)

Oh boy; how I LOOOOOOVEEE to make the =3 face. ,3 Its like:

=3 "Give me candy"

>=3 "OR I EAT YOU!"

;3 "Kay"

Eh, or that's just being me having way too much fun at this. XD;

Well, in any case, from the links I showed you, you know, you're not restricted to them! You can visit any board you wish, and participate in a wide variety of conversations, and meet good people along the way. <3 Well, its been a blast meeting you, DigiDevil! Ouch, long welcome right?. <3 But yeah! I hope I've...helped you out here, and, I hope we can become buds! And, I do hope we can meet again; if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask a staff member, and they'll you! Or, I'd be also happy to help with...any questions you may have too! So again, welcome to PC, hope you have a snorlaxy day. <3

...Which is weird, snorlaxy is actually a word. @-@; ...Or maybe that's my lame spell checker. =(

ShaQuL
February 19th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Wow...im just gonna say hi cos we already met but... thats one hell lot of writing :O

DigiDevil
February 19th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hehe @ Shaq.
And thank you very much Miss Doronjo for that warm welcome, I don't have many friends and making a new one is always a pleasure. I appreciate the links, though I've already perused and I'm pretty familiar with it, I love that you went the extra yards. ('Cause miles is a bit too long.)
Toph is my favorite, well second, Iroh is my ultimate fave. He's pretty much my Pap! Though he's since passed, I will cherish all the words he never spoke to me, and am going to try my best to honor him.
I think we'll get a long great! Now, I do hope to branch out here, show of and hone some of my skills, and possibly get a team together to make my Pokemon dream a reality. Right now it's in idea stage, barely a twinkle in my eye, but has great promise. I hope I can find a team of dedicated individuals who have the heart and soul to put into it as I, and we can learn to work well in a team. S'not a strong suit of mine.
Anyway, from what I see I'm really liking this community, and could really use a happy home lol.

[Edit](PS) It's not, though I love Digimon and couldn't help but think of him, who I believe is named Impmon. It's a short version of DigitallyDevious, something I sometimes use. Lately I go by SonOfSagacity which is a short version of Neurononprosaic_of_sagaciousness. A name I come up with to sum up who and what I am, and the first word is a word I made up (Love my knowledge in Etyomology, go to etymonline sometime it rocks.) and I'm 97.36% sure it would be accepted into the dictionary. =]

MeerFall
February 19th, 2011, 09:26 AM
welcome! i'm always here to help!

Galukxy
February 19th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Wow.. that is one long introduction.., but it's one of the best I've ever seen!

Welcome to PC, DigiDevil.

I actually never knew why Flamingo's are pink.. Whoa, I learn something new everyday ^^

Awk, Twilight books/films are pretty meh.. especially if you're not into that type of genre, but I agree with that there.

Ha and that "=3" emoticon is epic. :P

Hope to see you around the forums and I hope you enjoy your time here~

yung_link
February 19th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Welcome! Pretty long post, but you seem like a very interesting/not boring person. I'm delighted to meet you!:D