PDA

View Full Version : Hello! :)

Togakiss
February 20th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Austin.

I might as well start off with some basic facts about myself. I live in Pennsylvania and I am 16 years old. I love being outside and spring is my favorite season. When I lived in Florida I use to hate hot weather and wanted winter so badly, but now since I moved to Pennsylvania I can't stand the winter and I want hot weather more than anything. Ironic, right? I love being outside and exploring new places. One day I would like to travel the world. To sum things up, I'm a nice and open-minded kid.

Now on to my Pokemon background. I received a Game Boy Color around my 5th birthday and my first game was Pokemon: Silver, which is probably why it is my favorite generation by far. Ever since then I've become addicted to Pokemon. I haven't played in almost a year though due to my DS breaking and just not having the money to replace it. ): But I've been looking for a job so that I could afford another one. Plus, with Black and White coming out I really need to start saving! My favorite type would have to be the Normal-types because they are cute but also strong.

I look forward to posting on the site and getting to know everyone. :)

- Austin

Axeliira
February 20th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Hey there, Austin! Welcome to PC! You've come to the greatest Pokemon community on the Internet! Spring is also my favorite season, since we have warm temperatures coming soon (which is a good sign, right?). If you want hot weather, you should visit the desert southwest. We got 100's coming our way very soon! xD

I LOVE SILVER! I play it 1000000 times and I still can't get enough of it! And sorry about your DS breaking, I hope you could get one as soon as you can since B/W release date is coming really fast! And normal types are pretty cool, but for me, they don't top my other favorites (water & grass types).

Anyways, make sure you take a quick peek at the rules and most importantly, HAVE FUN! See ya around!

Miss Doronjo
February 20th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Hey Austin! Names Shawn; welcome to PC. <3

I'm...not a fan of cold winter myself. @-@; I love seasons such as spring and summer. =D Mostly summer because I love hot places. <3 [Like good ol' Jamaica. <3] I've heard that Pennsylvania is a pretty nice place to live; so! I'm going to add that to my place of places to visit in the future; because in the future, I shall be traveling the world; which ass the fact that I also love exploring new places. <3 Being open minded is great too. <3

I've actually had Gold instead of silver; but like yourself, I consider pokemon Gold / Silver to be my favourite pokemon game so far. <3 Eh, but sometimes I break my DS myself, so I didn't play as much as a I wanted too. =( [s]THY FINGERS WHILE GRIPPING IT HAS BETRAYED MEH. I've already saved up for Pokemon White. <3 And I NEED to get it on the first day or else it'll be sold out everywhere for weeks. D=

Mm, I hope to get to know you too! <3 MAYBE WE WILL MEET AGAIN TO DESTROY STUFF. :3

Or just chat, whichever comes first. <3

Gleam Noiyam
February 20th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Welcome to PC, I hope you will be active, and it's nice to know someone likes Normal types--I feel they've been ditched.

Togakiss
February 20th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Meganium90: Thank you! I'm so excited for spring to be coming soon. Last week we had temperatures up in the 60's but of course it's suppose to snow this week. :| I was suppose to go to Arizona in the fall but those plans got cancelled. I heard it is beautiful over there! I'm hoping that they will make a remake of it, because if they did, I would fall completely in love all over again. xD Once I get my DS again we will see who's Pokemon are better. :P

Shawn: Thanks, and who's Stone Cold Steve Austin? xD I've never heard of him. I feel the same way as you now when it comes to the seasons! Like I said above it was nice and warm last week and I literally was outside all day! My fingers are not the best at holding things either, two weeks ago I dropped my laptop and just a small piece popped off. Nothing tape can't fix though! Maybe while we chat we can destroy stuff? Just a thought. :)

Yuki: Thank you! Of course I will be active and I have read the rules after I registered. I agree with you completely, Normal-types have been neglected.

Alternative
February 20th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Don't you just love a good ol' Togakiss? I've never really been into spriting that would be quite funny I imagine, a Togekiss wearing a Toga. Then it would be flying around, yelling "TOGA! TOGA!" all the time, and it would be funny to see. I'm sorry, but that's just the first thing tht popped into my head when I saw your username and thought I just had to post it. :P Aside from that, welcome to PC! :D

Silver was one of the better games, or generations of the Pokemon games if you ask me, but I started out with Gold. And for some reason I felt like I always got the worse game out of the two, whether it be sprite-wise, or just version exclusives. It's always happened to me though. I got Gold before Silver, Ruby before Sapphire, Leafgreen before Firered, Pearl before Diamond, and now I'm getting Black over White. D: It's terrible I know, but it's just the way I roll. :D Speaking of Rolling, Did you know that using Defense Curl before using Rollout results in double the damage? I didn't know that until I heard it from here, and it still surprises me to this day, but it be the truth, and quite a gimmick indeed! :)

Normal Pokemon are kinda cool, having no weaknesses and such except for Fighting, and as Aloe says, "Normal types are so diverse, as they can learn nearly everything!" But I'm not really a fan of them, except for maybe Rattata and Bibarel, and Yorterrie. They've got to be the coolest ones. But I prefer Bug and Psychic types. Mainly since I love Volbeat and Exeggutor right now, since they're just simply amazing! Yeah. :D

Don't forget to read the rules, ask people for help, as what every new person should do. Until I see you here again, see you soon!

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/af/Spr_5b_468.png
Toga, Toga, Toga!

Togakiss
February 21st, 2011, 05:37 AM
Yes! That was exactly what comes to mind when I hear Togekiss flying around. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought of that!

I got the opposite of every game that you got, but not because of any of exclusives or whatever though. I based it on what type of "gem" or color I liked better. :D But sometimes I wished I picked the others because of some the exclusives that came with it. Oh well. I plan on getting White because I like the rustic feel of it instead of the hi-tech feel. I actually never knew that it would double the damage, I'll have to try that when I get another DS. I think it would work perfectly with my normal-types!

Bug types are my LEAST favorite, I think it has to do with me not liking bugs in real life though. :P I actually know exactly what your talking about from what Aloe said because I just watched the episode yesterday when Ash battles her.

Thanks and I hope I see you around! :)