PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Plume or Cover Fossil

Forever
February 24th, 2011, 01:43 AM
In Black and White, you get the choice between Tirtouga (Cover) and Archen (Plume), which are the two fossil Pokemon introduced in these games. You can only choose one fossil to be revived - like past games.

Which did you / will you pick and why? Or will you get both fossils through another game?

~Ryukaa
February 24th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Which did you / will you pick and why?
Archen. I love birds. Birds are awesome. |D
Is Archen even a bird? :O

Haza
February 24th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I'm gonna have both Black and White so I'm getting both. If it came down to it I wouldnt be able to choose because this is the first time in the history of Pokemon that I've liked both Fossil Pokemon...

Chiar
February 24th, 2011, 01:54 AM
It is actually possible to get both fossils in one game. The one you haven't chosen is in N's Castle.
I don't like the fossils, so i won't use them anyway.
But, if I would have to choose, I would take Archeops. I just think it's more useful in battles than Carracosta.

Forever
February 24th, 2011, 01:58 AM
It is actually possible to get both fossils in one game. The one you haven't chosen is in N's Castle.
But, if I would have to choose, I would take Archeops. I just think it's more useful in battles than Carracosta.

Really? :(
Well there are also other fossils to be obtained but I didn't include them. I'll just say if you had to choose between the two in the first post. ^___^

Anyways, Tirtouga for me <3 Such an adorable Pokemon.

Sabrewulf238
February 24th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Obviously if I can get both eventually then I will get both....why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't anyone? :S

I'll probably get Tirtouga first and then Archen afterwards.

vaporeon7
February 24th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Anyways, Tirtouga for me <3 Such an adorable Pokemon.

Yeah it is that is why I'm getting that one.

I'll eventually get the Wing fossil as well though.

razzbat
February 24th, 2011, 02:49 AM
i don't really like either pokemon, so the only use they'll be to me is to fill my pokedex. but man that bird at the end was a pain to beat.

PlatinumDude
February 24th, 2011, 02:58 AM
I chose the Wing Fossil because it revives Archen. And Archeops hits hard, assuming it's at more than 50% health.

Weavile05
February 24th, 2011, 03:56 AM
I want Archen on my team, so I'll pick that one.

~Wind~
February 24th, 2011, 05:41 AM
I will choose Tirtouga, I love turtles (An old thing that was started by sonic heroes XD), it's cute in 1st form, cool in second, and I find Archeops' ability to be annoying. D:<

Superjub
February 24th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I like turtles.
I actually like the look of Tirotouga. Abagoura looks alright too. They remind me of the Squirtle line a little bit. But they are both based of the same animal, so yeah. Archen looks alright too, but reminds me of Aerodactyl. I'm going to go for Tirotouga because it looks quite cute. :>

Velvex the Øverlørd
February 24th, 2011, 06:42 AM
I actually really love both Tirtuga and Archen, I think this is the first generation where I've liked both fossil Pokemon a lot. Gen I it was Kabutops all the way for me, Gen III I went with Armaldo, and Gen IV I chose Ramparados without a doubt, but this Generation both fossils really appeal to me. I think I will probably choose the wing fossil first, and get the shell/lid fossil later on.

Sabrewulf238
February 24th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I see you changed the poll question...

I want to change my vote to Shell/Lid fossil from both now since the question changed and the answer I gave isn't my answer anymore...

TehPsychicTypeMaster
February 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I don't like neither, I'll just get them both to fill up my Pokedex. I'm not to fond of them, despite this is the first generation that I've actually liked the fossils.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 24th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Shell as the ancient Turtle is Epic :D!
Plus the bird isn't as colorful as I hoped...

twistedpuppy
February 24th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Which did you / will you pick first and why?
I want me a turtle. It's so friggin' adorable. Tirtouga of course.

Talli
February 24th, 2011, 10:27 AM
The wing fossil for sure, I love that Bird pokemon!

Nameless.
February 24th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Shell fossil for me. :D
I don't particularly like the ancient birdy. It's pre-evo is really cute, but when it evolves, it's not very likeable anymore to me. I love the turtle though!
I want to use one on a competitive team someday, like Trick Room or something. I have yet to even revive my fossil though, and I have a feeling I'll procrastinate it for a long time. >w>;

grodkorv
February 24th, 2011, 01:15 PM
i will probably go with tirtouga aswell, it's adoreable! :D

Zerrah.
February 24th, 2011, 01:40 PM
I think my boyfriend prefers the Pokemon from the Shell fossil, so I will get the one from the Wing, and we'll breed one for each other. Am I wrong in assuming they're breedable? (O_O);

インフェルノの津波
February 24th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Both are surprisingly powerful, Tirtouga has the broken Shell Break while Archen is the 5th generation's Aerodactyl with a bad ability.

But I like the bird better, the turtle I won't have much use for. Besides, I'd rather my Rock type have an immunity.

ManhattanTheStarr
February 24th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I actually like both these fossil Pokemon a lot. Tirtouga and Archen (that the right name?) are adorable. <3 But Archen's evolution's baldness bothers me (yeah, Archen is bald too, but it makes it work :B). So whenever I get Black, I'll choose the Lid Fossil first.

Angelique
February 24th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Aww yeahh, shell fossil! I loved its design before I found out its dub name, which is equally amazing. Carracosta~

Sabrewulf238
February 24th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I think my boyfriend prefers the Pokemon from the Shell fossil, so I will get the one from the Wing, and we'll breed one for each other. Am I wrong in assuming they're breedable? (O_O);

No, they are breedable. :)

Opposite Day
February 24th, 2011, 11:45 PM
The turtle be where me money be laying, laddie.

King Gumball
February 24th, 2011, 11:56 PM
I find Archen to be absolutely adorable so I will choose the Wing Fossil. I love Archeops too because it is really good in battles and it has the most amazing design <3 I don't really care for the turtles much :(

Yukimi
February 25th, 2011, 01:59 AM
I'll get the wing fossil. Archen just seems to suit me better.

Oshawott
February 25th, 2011, 02:22 AM
I plan on getting both via two games. :D
I'll probably get the shell fossil on White, and the lid fossil on Black.

King Gumball
February 25th, 2011, 03:56 AM
I plan on getting both via two games. :D
I'll probably get the shell fossil on White, and the lid fossil on Black.

Yeah I will be getting one on each game too, but I will be training Archeops ;)

Mew~
February 25th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Lid.

Only because Tirtouga evolves into Carracosta.
http://i.imgur.com/kaXnO.gifBlastoise's figgen' Great-Grandad.http://i.imgur.com/xKo0b.gif

Chiar
February 25th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Woot? o_O
I have just checked Serebii and it didn't say that the fossils can only be chosen once, in Relic Castle. Did Bulbapedia actually lie? I'm a bit confused.
I guess that the fossils can be obtainable only once, like we thought previously. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pkmn Trainer Touko
February 25th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Definitely the Wing fossil!

Aaken is my dream Pokemon!! I have ALWAYS dreamed of them making my favourite dinosaur into a Pokemon!

It's based on Archeopteryx and I'm literally obsessed with that dinosaur/ancestor of modern birds.

Porygon Z
February 25th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Archeops for me.
Wait a second, in Spiral Mountain a man gives you a fossil every day (after National Dex), he should give you also the other 5th gen fossil, right?

Barn
February 25th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Wing in White, Shell in Black. ;)

Exile
February 25th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I shall be picking the lid fossil when I start my journey through Unova. I just love everything about Carracosta, it's design, it's typing, and
especially it's ever-so-dependable ability, Sturdy. While I'm not going to use it for certain, there's a good chance it will find its way on to my team, should
I ever need a Water or Rock type.

Derezzed
February 25th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Shell/lid fossil for sure, that rock turtle is epic!

Imperator161
February 25th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I'll get one in each game (not sure which one I'll do in which game yet). I'll probably get the Shell/Lid Fossil in my main game, as turtles are awesome (coming from a Blastoise fan).

Crimson5M
February 25th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I'll be picking the Wing Fossil, since I'll most likely be using Archeops in my team.

AshPikastar
February 25th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I got the lid fossil one but once I get both versions I'll most likely get both of them.

Togakiss
February 25th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I won't be using any of the fossil Pokemon on my team, but I would pick the lid/shell fossil just because I think that Tirtouga looks cuter and then Carracosta looks epic.

Plus, I like water-types more than I like flying-types.

Chatot Lover
February 25th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I wanted Tirtouga to be my water type Pokémon in White...

But I'm wondering, do you even get it early enough to make it your water type? When do you get the fossil?

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
February 28th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Shell/Lid cause I fell in love with Tirtouga the moment I saw it :D

LazyLapras
February 28th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Of course i want all of em haha but I'm gonna go with Lid first.

Weber
February 28th, 2011, 11:58 AM
im going to go with both, i like the shell way better though.

shell for white, wing for black.

Nakuzami
February 28th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I shall be getting both games, so I will be getting both fossils. Lid in White, Wing in Black.
Though if I had to choose, I would pick Lid. I don't know why, but I figure that's how it would be.

Rawrinism
February 28th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I voted for lid fossil. I was never fond of the wing fossil pokemon. But honestly, I don't like them both in general, but most likely, I will be getting both through both games for the completion of the pokedex. :D

GardevoirNess
February 28th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Tirtouga, The blue turtle looks cool :3 and it is C: I like blue pokemon anyway,so cool lookin' Probably the best reason I have

Astinus
February 28th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Both fossils. I'll get whichever one during my first time through Black, and then the other on my main game on White.

Venomoth Z
February 28th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I'm going withe the shell/lid fossil because it seems a little bit more fresh than just another bird pokemon.

MrGriszell
February 28th, 2011, 09:01 PM
in white the wing fossil because ill be looking for a good flying type but in black because ill need a good water type

soϲks
February 28th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I'm so definitely getting the, um, Lid Fossil (who comes up with these names, anyway?). I love Abagoora or Carracosta or whatever its English name is. It's honestly my favorite fossil Pokemon that they've come up with yet. ;D

MrGriszell
March 1st, 2011, 12:26 AM
i love the fact that you can get both in the game so unless you plan on useing one of them on your team its not really a tough deccsion

TheGoddessOfDiscord
March 1st, 2011, 06:34 AM
Wing Fossil. Because Archen is so powerful (Base Attack 112 *.*) and Archeops has the highest stat total of all (known) fossil pokemon.

Cyb3r0t4ku
March 1st, 2011, 06:45 AM
Tirtouga does look cute as (all turtle pokemon are! Turtwig ftw!) but it's going to be the wing for me for practical usage more than anything.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 1st, 2011, 07:16 AM
Wing Fossil. Archeops is going to be my Fly user and it can brutally strike down all who dare stand in my way as a bonus.

WriteThemWrong
March 1st, 2011, 09:03 AM
i want wing!!! I want it i want it. i love archeos' design and can't wait to have a raptor in my team

Kninj
March 1st, 2011, 12:05 PM
Heh, well I like Tirtouga, but i also like Archen. But which is better? Only one way to find out..

No but seriously, I reckon i'll go for Archen. I also think it's pretty cute, even if it can't learn fly till it evolves.

lamby101
March 2nd, 2011, 02:43 PM
I think I'll go for the shell/lid fossil.

I like the look of Archen and the evolved form but the ability it gets just seems like a huge disadvantage to me. If someone can point out a positive that I may be missing I'd be greatful but Tirtouga and it's final evolved form seems to have a much better ability.

Latios Master
March 3rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
I'm choosing the Wing Fossil, because Archen/Archeops is my favorite gen 5 Pokémon.

Livewire
March 3rd, 2011, 10:57 PM
Do we not know the fossils name yet?

Lid fossil. I love Tirtouga and Carracosta. :D

shinyabsol1
March 4th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I will take "lid fossil". Turtle beats crazy bird thing any day.

Queen of Darkness
March 4th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I like the shell fossil pokemon and its design because its a sea turtle.

travisjb90
March 5th, 2011, 05:53 AM
I am picking the Wing Fossil. Archeops seems cool and my brother is choosing the Lid fossil.

Gerri Shin
March 5th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I'll probably go with the Shell/Lid fossil. Tirtouga, in my opinion, has the better type pairing. If I wanted a Rock/flying I'd prefer to revive the Old Amber and get an Aerodactyl. (also, if I remember correctly, Aerodactyle has a beter stat set than Archeops too, though I may be mistaken)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
March 5th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I like better the Seaturtle as it's got the better ability's...from what I've read the Bird has a sa that cuts two of it's stats as soon as it goes below 1/2 of it's HP >_<

RYOUKI
March 5th, 2011, 10:09 AM

What? Really?

I'd chose Archeops, cause it looks fierce and can pack a punch. >D

Blue Nocturne
March 5th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Both. You can get both of them during the course of the storyline can't you? One in the Relic Castle, the other in N's Castle?

For the record, I'll probably get the wing fossil first, not that I intend to use either pokemon actively.

Pwnyta Jockey
March 5th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Wing fossil, for the Rock-Flying.

Moveset on its evolution in my game will be: Fly, Dig, U-Turn, Quick Attack

Spanner226
March 25th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I think I'll go for the shell/lid fossil.

I like the look of Archen and the evolved form but the ability it gets just seems like a huge disadvantage to me. If someone can point out a positive that I may be missing I'd be greatful but Tirtouga and it's final evolved form seems to have a much better ability.Archeops is a glass cannon. It has 140 base attack, but it's defensive stats are extremely poor, only adding up to 229 with maxed EVs.

So the better way to raise one is to simply max it's offensive stats and speed. Doing this can make an Archeops wreck everything in it's path.

I went with the plume fossil, and I shall go with the moveset of: Fly; Acrobatics(No item+same type bonus = 165 base power right away); Earthquake(double damage to those digging pokemon); Rock Slide, or possibly stone edge.

Quillz
March 25th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Got Archeops in Black and Carracosta in White.

Yusshin
March 26th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Archen is so useless. I chose it, and I quickly traded it off. Defeatist? What kind of ability is that? Why give an ability that makes your Pokemon worse when its HP is low? Ridiculous.

I don't have either fossil Pokemon now. Ditched Archen, and not interested in Tirtouga.

SeanTheOriginal
March 26th, 2011, 05:43 AM
I went with the Cover Fossil, originally. But I was able to breed it and got the bird as well.

Giraffe
March 26th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Plume Fossil.

Archen looks awesome -- Shame about it's ability, though.

tjb90
March 26th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I choose the Plume Fossil. Archen is a really cool flying and rock type Pokemon. I really like it.

TheGinger63
March 26th, 2011, 06:25 AM
getting the cover fossil was a priority for me lol. Ever since i saw the new pokemon, Carracosta was one of my favorites

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 29th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I chose the Plume fossil because i wanted to get a Tirtouga, and to get the other Pokemon, I had to beg on wifi....so it worked out fine

:t354:TG

mysticjoshgaming
March 29th, 2011, 11:06 AM
tirtouga. mine has sturdy and archen has a horrible ability

Azure
March 29th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Plume; Archen ~ Has very high Attack and looks awesome and is a Flying type! :)

Alakazam17
March 29th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I got Archeops on my Japanese White game, and I chose Tirtouga on my English Black game. I only used the latter on my actual in-game team, however.

Boarbeque
March 29th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I got a Plume Fossil and kept resetting until I got one with a Jolly nature. I was then able to OHKO and outspeed everything and I mean EVERYTHING once he evolved into Archeops.

Truddler
March 29th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Carracosta looks awesome to me. Don't get me wrong, Archen and Archeops look cool too, it's just I like Tirtouga and Carracosta's design alot more.

レイジングブラスト
March 29th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I took a look at both of their stats and was far more impressed with Archen/Archeops's offensive power but then I realized Carracosta ends up learning Shell Break which makes me think it would be way better to pick up the cover rather than the plume.

solarowl
March 29th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I picked up the Plume. Archeops has always been awesome to me, but I was destroyed when I found out its ability was Defeatist. Even so, I still chose it, and now I've bred a Jolly one. :D

WildEagle
March 29th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Archen is so useless. I chose it, and I quickly traded it off. Defeatist? What kind of ability is that? Why give an ability that makes your Pokemon worse when its HP is low? Ridiculous.

I don't have either fossil Pokemon now. Ditched Archen, and not interested in Tirtouga.

Because once it evolves,Archeops has a base 140 atk, combine it with Acrobatics (w/ no held items) you can pretty much wreck anything that doesn't resist Flying type moves.

Spacial Sage
March 29th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Plume. Archeops is my favorite pokemon.

Not to say carracosta isn't super amazing though!

Azure
March 29th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Now I'm debating weather to have Archeops in my team :P

AntiZero
March 29th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I really like Archen/Archeops, but its ability?
Oh well. It's still a nice Pokemon.

Ice Car
March 29th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Plume Fossil. Just look at the base stats on Archeops.

Far_Eggs
March 29th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I picked the Plume fossil (Archen) because I needed a flying pokemon on my team before I beat the Elite 4. He actually was very useful in my playthrough, with his sky-high stats, and I didn't have too much of a problem with his ability. Although that isn't to say that I wish he had a better one.

Heart Gold
April 2nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
I picked the Cover Fossil. I needed a water type on my team and it seems to be the only decent one aside from Jellicent, but I already have a Ghost Type Chandelure in my planned team.

Archeops' ability really disappoints me after seeing it's stats. Even with it's high stats it's ability really ruins it for me.

The_Noob
April 2nd, 2011, 04:43 PM
The Plume Fossil. Archeops is one of the most badass flying-types ever, gameplay wise, other than Skarmory or Staraptor. It's ability doesn't even faze me, I sweep with it so fast. Sadly, it's a ripoff of Aerodactyl, so it loses coolness points there.

Noob out.

Rionix
April 2nd, 2011, 04:47 PM
I like the turtle fossil... nice and slow :)

Krovvy
April 3rd, 2011, 10:52 AM
Plume fossil wins. Archen is just a significantly better Pokemon. Its stats are fantastic.

Scraggiland
April 3rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
I'll be getting both fossils using both Pokémon Black and Pokémon White.
I don't know which fossil I will choose first though.

Azure
April 3rd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Archen has a base stat total of something like, 567, it's Attack is through the roof, it's down right powerful and it's a bird! ~ Voted for the Plume Fossil.

firekid115
April 3rd, 2011, 03:39 PM
Cover fossil because ill need a water type.

Eurydice
April 3rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
i accidently chose the plume fossil in 2 of my games.
but out of the 2 i would choose the turtle one

Clairissa
April 3rd, 2011, 03:51 PM
I just picked Archen at random, I didn't plan to use either, neither appeal much to me...

La Foudre
April 3rd, 2011, 04:01 PM
Plume fossil. I love Tirtouga, but I really wanted Archen as my flying type.

Sigilyph
April 3rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Which did you / will you pick and why? Or will you get both fossils through another game?

I ended up choosing the Cover Fossil. Funny story actually, I was watching Tosh.0 and he was making a turtle joke as I was trying to decide which fossil I should take, as I love them both, and so I chose the Cover Fossil. I named him Tosh and never looked back. I love Archen too, but now I have a little soft spot for Tirtouga.

He also helped me a lot on my final battle with Ghetis and the Elite Four (the first time that is).

Necrolium
April 3rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
I chose the plume fossil because I needed a pokemon who could fly and archen was one of my choices so I decided to get him. Also I started with oshawott, so i didn't need another water pokemon for my team.

AusGut
April 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
I chose clover as Carracosta is now apart of my team

Vrai
April 3rd, 2011, 04:57 PM
TURTLE POWER

Carracosta is definitely my favorite fossil Pokemon in the history of ever. Like, seriously. I wouldn't nab any other fossil Pokemon if I had the choice. :D

michael0x
April 3rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
yah people stupid one of the best black white pokemons is archeops for sure,i have been playing it since november 2010 and was the 1st pokemon i culd lvl up to 100 he is amazinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg and better then the turtle **** lol

yah people stupid one of the best black white pokemons is archeops for sure,i have been playing it since november 2010 and was the 1st pokemon i culd lvl up to 100 he is amazinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg and better then the turtle lol

ZetaLegacies
April 4th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Ipicked archen the first time around, but when I restart it I'm picking tirtouga for sure since on my second game I'll be using my favorite pokemon so I have to say that I love carracosta, reminds me a lot of blastoise.

Woobat
April 4th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I picked the Plume fossil. Archen is cooler imo, mostly because he's part flying type.

jle1076
April 5th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Archeops is by far better with its OUTRAGEOUS Attack stat and Speed and two STAB BP 100+ attacks with great neutral coverage and access to U-turn scouting and the classic Edge-Quake, its a beast of a revenge killer or cleaner in OU.

The Eagle
April 5th, 2011, 07:00 AM
I got Tirtouga, didn't raise it thought,
IF i get Black I will choose Archen Even though its epicly ugly

Sol Rovyn
April 5th, 2011, 07:08 AM
I prefer Tirtouga over Archen, so I chose the Cover fossil. Archeops is outclassed by so many other flying types and it's ability, Defeatist, could pose quite a bit of problems.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
April 5th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I chose me the turtle. |D

Course... wound up dropping him later in the game for cooler pokemon. I think it was Vanillite?

nate890
April 5th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I got the plume fossil and i regret it. Sure archen is a good pokemon until it loses half its HP then its absolutly awful.

Mahtale
April 5th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I am surprised how even this poll is! I chose the Plume Fossil. It was a difficult choice, though not because I liked them both; in fact, it was for the opposite reason. I thought the fossil Pokemon of this generation were both sub-par.

Heart Gold
April 5th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I got the one with Carracosta. Might I say, this is the most useless Pokémon ever.

Carracosta is a monster online and in-game. What are you talking about?

Once I start Black I'm getting Archeops! White is still my main game though and I won't be playing Black for a long time I'm sure.

Blubber300
April 5th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I picked plume, because I liked the name, but now I'm looking at Archen on Serebii and wishing I got the Cover fossil :/

miakalina
April 5th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I have both versions so I'll have both, but if I didn't I would choose Tirtouga. <3